Forum Settings
Forums

NBA 2015-16 Official Discussion Thread (PLAYOFFS - The Finals)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (105) « First ... « 101 102 [103] 104 105 »
Jul 4, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
TheDevilsLuck said:
crashinho said:

I hope Russ doesn't leave, this is his team now and I hope he goes like cyborg mode and fucks everything up, especially GSW.

Odds are he probably does leave after this.In that case it would make sense to trade him to at least get something back.
No team is going to take him unless he commits to a contract beforehand. Russ also has the mentality of a 7 year old, so he's mad that everybody else is getting all the attention so now next year he's gonna want it too.
Jul 4, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
ibear said:
No team is going to take him unless he commits to a contract beforehand. Russ also has the mentality of a 7 year old, so he's mad that everybody else is getting all the attention so now next year he's gonna want it too.

Oh I think there are definitely teams out there that are desperate enough to take a chance on losing Russ after a year, teams that are desperate for any kind of star power.

Mavs,Bucks,Lakers ect
BobbyFischerGJul 4, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 4, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
I don't give two shits about KD...

All I care about is the Heat resigning Wade, and that's that.
Jul 4, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
Kevin Durant is like a 1 on 1 player while i watch him so its gonna be interesting how he will fit in a passing system like the Warriors have

but if he succeed in the Warriors system then the Warriors will become a dynasty in the near future
Jul 4, 2016 5:11 PM
Feb 2014
Late on this but the Dwight to Atlanta contract is ridiculous. I feel sorry for Budenholzer. Dwight's already ruined 3 teams, and now this is the next team to go down the drain.

It's safe to say KD's Warriors team are perhaps more detestable (Draymond Green is a much bigger scumbag than Chris Bosh will ever be. Couple this with a backstabber in the mix and you get a wonderful equation of what a hateable team embodies) than any of LeBron's Heat teams though. Alex will definitely agree with me on this because LeBron before going to Miami, did not lose to the Heat, he lost to Boston. KD lost to the very team that he's going to, and this itself is the purest definition of spineless and cowardly behavior. He'd rather do something for himself rather than the people of Oklahoma, who haven't won a single thing in sports, let alone, they have just one pro sports team. I think Thunder fans and the people of Oklahoma City deserve a LOT better. This is coming from a Sonics fan btw. You will now understand what it feels like to lose someone so precious. We lost a team, you lost someone who could have put Oklahoma City on the world map for good.
AqutanJul 4, 2016 5:18 PM
Jul 4, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
This is the best consolation prize ever lmao.

We gonna be champoonship. -Leandro Barbosa
Jul 4, 2016 7:46 PM
May 2015
welllll
this has been quite an offseason.
AND ITS NOT EVEN OVER!

JustALEX said:
I don't give two shits about KD...

All I care about is the Heat resigning Wade, and that's that.

EL PSY CONGROO
Jul 4, 2016 8:00 PM

Feb 2016
KD to the bay is an awesome move. As a guy born and raised in the bay, I can't wait to see him play.
Jul 4, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
OK....I didn't want to do a Rant....but I will.

KD going to Golden State is pretty damn PATHETIC of him.

So, I know what you're going to say, "But aren't you a Heat fan, didn't Lebron do what KD is doing?"

NO!

Lebron came to a Heat team that was mediocre (at best) in 2010....he came to join a team that at the time was only Wade and a bunch of scrubs.

At the end of the day though.....Lebron was still the GO TO GUY in Miami, when Lebron came here, Wade knew he would have to take a backseat.

KD is going to a team that literally just posted the BEST regular season record in the HISTORY of Basketball.

THEY DO NOT NEED HIM!!!!

And more than that....KD's team was UP 3-1 against these guys....he had THREE chances to beat them and move on to the Finals.

I mean, think if Curry was a Free Agent, lost to the Cavs after being up 3-1 and then JOINED the Cavs for the next season.

WHAT?!

Fucking WEAK!

I may DISLIKE Stephen A Smith a lot, but what he said today about KD is 100% on the money.

Oh and HERE is the WORST part about everything that happened today:

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NBA/2016/07/04/Hypocritical-Kevin-Durant-roasted-on-social-media/1081467653752/

^Look at all the shit he said back in 2010 about Lebron and the Free Agency back then.

FUCK YOU KD!
Jul 4, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2012
The thing I love most is how everyone was saying how crappy the Warriors were, how overrated they are, how none of their players are in the top 10, and all that other stuff. Now KD signs with Warriors and everyone is losing their damn minds. "He is going to the 73-9 team!" "He is going with the unanimous MVP!" "He is going to a team with 3 all-stars." Funny how quickly everyone went from saying the Warriors were a shitty team to saying how Durant going to the Warriors is pathetic. And this isn't so much directed at the people on MAL, more so the people on Facebook and Bleacher Report.

Again, this doesn't guarantee any championships. Even the LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat team was only 2/4 in the finals.
sman3579Jul 5, 2016 2:28 AM
Jul 4, 2016 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
sman3579 said:

Again, this doesn't guarantee any championships. Even the LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat team was only 2/4 in the finals.

I don't like the core of that comparison.

This decision from KD is far more selfish and desperate than Lebron's, the latter was tired of consecutively carrying a mediocre team on his back for years, and made a reasonable choice by opting to join Miami (another mediocre team at the time).

KD on the other hand opted to join a historic team that won the championship last year, and knocked him out of the playoffs this year. A team that can very well win without him, as stated by the owner himself; yet he was still persuaded by such a simplistic proposition.

OKC was also making moves to maintain him as well, he even said he was pleased that they acquired Oladipo and Sabonis.

At the end of the day, it's his decision but I'm ultimately disappointed by it; especially after being strung along with the long build-up.
Jul 5, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2012
Two most interesting signings for me so far this offseason gotta be Mozgov (as a delusional Lakers fan) and Durant (intrigued to see GSW's starting lineup go to work). The upcoming season, and more so 2017 playoffs, couldn't come any sooner! Honestly, if it's not Dirk Nowitzki or the Lakers I really couldn't care less who's taking home championship hardware over these coming years. Could be the Celtics. Could be Alex's team (you the man and real MVP of this thread!). Could be LeBron and that madman Irving. But I'll take GSW over the other options to pile on wins until the Lakers become relevant again maybe next decade... haha
Jul 5, 2016 2:33 AM

Jan 2012
Wujin said:
sman3579 said:

I don't like the core of that comparison.

This decision from KD is far more selfish and desperate than Lebron's, the latter was tired of consecutively carrying a mediocre team on his back for years, and made a reasonable choice by opting to join Miami (another mediocre team at the time).

KD on the other hand opted to join a historic team that won the championship last year, and knocked him out of the playoffs this year. A team that can very well win without him, as stated by the owner himself; yet he was still persuaded by such a simplistic proposition.

OKC was also making moves to maintain him as well, he even said he was pleased that they acquired Oladipo and Sabonis.

At the end of the day, it's his decision but I'm ultimately disappointed by it; especially after being strung along with the long build-up.

I think you interpreted what I was saying wrong. I wasn't insulting LeBron or defending Durant in terms of forming a superteam, I was saying how forming a superteam doesn't guarantee a championship. For instance, just because Warriors have Curry/Klay/Dray/Durant it doesn't mean they will win a championship in the same way LeBron/Wade/Bosh didn't win a championship each year. Injuries could happen, lack of chemistry, etc.
Jul 5, 2016 4:27 AM

Sep 2013
So, when is the new thread cumming up? I mean the 2015-16 season is long over haha.
sic mundus
Jul 5, 2016 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
Wade is killing us. Not gonna accept our 2yr- 40mil offer. Really hard picturing him leaving but.. He's really killing our future here.
Jul 5, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
Dirk is so loyal a rare thing in today's NBA. Love ya Dirk!!!
Jul 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
@TheDevilsLuck

Bruh.....

Paul George and Al Jefferson on the same roster???

They just might be the second biggest beast of the East.

Al was the one that was carrying the Hornets this season with Kemba.
Jul 5, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2015
Add David West to the bandwagon. He's signing with the Warriors for the vet minimum.
Ring chasing at its finest lol
Jul 5, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
Wade seems to be joining the Cavs, I like it.

Also,

Lovin this shit
Jul 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
@bmoore07

Oh for sure they added some nice pieces I still don't see a way anybody gets passed LeBron though.

Also,
David West to the Warriors on a one-year deal, per source, for vet minimum.

@JustALEX
How nervous are you right now? LeGM making a really strong push for your boy.
Jul 5, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2015
crashinho said:
Wade seems to be joining the Cavs, I like it.

Also,

Lovin this shit
Not happening. Pat won't let him leave. Not to mention Wade wouldn't get as much money even if LeBron took a paycut. Miami can offer more.
Jul 5, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
TheDevilsLuck said:

@JustALEX
How nervous are you right now? LeGM making a really strong push for your boy.

Good luck paying Wade $25 Million/year

Wade is doing all of this so the Heat will cave to his demands.

In the end, I think they ultimately will.
Jul 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2012

lmaoooo

Jul 5, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2008
The Heat REALLY fucked everything up in this Wade thing...

If they had given him the goddamn $20 million from the start, he probably would've accepted it and there'd be no more problem.

Now, that they played hardball and Wade called their bluff he wants $25 million and the fucking Nuggets of all people are supposedly willing to pay him that.

Wade is NOT worth that much money....no fucking way!

But he means a LOT to the Heat and the city of Miami, if the Heat let him go, the fans will be VERY, VERY disappointed.

They really fucked this up big time.

I'm starting to think Wade might leave, because the Heat don't want to fucking pay....unreal.
Jul 5, 2016 6:18 PM

Feb 2009
Interested in what OKC does with Westbrook now. They've gotta be pretty nervous if they cant lock him down to an extension and risk losing him. Would they trade him to make up for not getting anything in return for KD or roll the dice on playoffs?

@JustAlex heard on espn earlier he wanted a 3 year/50 million dollar deal last offseason. Knowing the cap.. Riley must feel some regret now that Cleveland is involved. LeBron could effectively return the favor and take less for his bud.
I'm glad he cancelled the Bucks meeting, that was just a waste of time / leverage
Jul 5, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
Lol @ Denver offering Wade 50mil.
Wade wants the Durant money from us, no way in hell that's happening.
Jul 5, 2016 10:34 PM

Aug 2015
Just when you think GSW couldn't get anymore stronger, now they also got West.. and for a bargain lol

Pachulia, Green, Durant, Thompson, Curry

Jones, West, Iguodala, Barbosa, Livingston

Your 2017 NBA Champions.. the Golden State Warriors!

I guess the only intriguing part about next season is who gets to play GSW and Cavs in the conference finals..
Jul 5, 2016 10:37 PM
Apr 2012
But think about it, the Heat really did screw up by disrespecting Wade, trying to offer him 10mil a year after all his past pay-cuts and success with the team.

Not to mention he played out of his mind this year's playoffs.

He should really leave, fuck the Heat. He was a major factor, if not the biggest that helped raise that organization to prominence.

This actually reminds me of Ray Allen's situation back in 2012, minus the animosity. I can actually see Wade settling for less with Cleveland, like Allen did with Miami.
FumitoJul 5, 2016 10:48 PM
Jul 5, 2016 10:47 PM

Aug 2015
Fumito said:
But think about it, the Heat really did screw up by disrespecting Wade, trying to offer him 10mil a year after all his past pay-cuts and success with the team.

Not to mention he played out of his mind this year's playoffs.

He should really leave, fuck the Heat; he was the one to lift that organization to prominence anyway.
It's either screwing Wade or screwing the whole franchise. They only have 19M left on their cap space and if they give Wade the 2 yr. 50M then they're going to be just your average team for years to come. An aging Wade and Whiteside plus a bunch of scrubs won't even reach the 2nd round of playoffs. Heat is in a lose-lose situation.
Jul 5, 2016 10:47 PM

Apr 2012
a wade and james reunion sounds pretty cool even though i could care less for cleveland
since they are close friends, i also think he would go there for less money

actually that's a lot less money since cap space limits what they can offer wade unless they trade KL which probably isn't going to happen lol
zzzeallyJul 5, 2016 10:51 PM

Jul 6, 2016 1:18 AM

Aug 2015
HoldTheDoor said:
Just when you think GSW couldn't get anymore stronger, now they also got West.. and for a bargain lol

Pachulia, Green, Durant, Thompson, Curry

Jones, West, Iguodala, Barbosa, Livingston

Your 2017 NBA Champions.. the Golden State Warriors!

I guess the only intriguing part about next season is who gets to play GSW and Cavs in the conference finals..

As much as I hate the warriors atp tbh I'm still skeptical on this one I mean the blueprint to defeat this GSW has been exposed now about having been destroyed in the paint worst is that they just got rid of their only 2 legit rim protectors, Pachulia can't even guard the rim to save his life in Dallas last season, what GSW need this season is a legit rim protector like Bogut then we can talk about them being the greatest team next season.
MizunashiJul 6, 2016 1:23 AM
Jul 6, 2016 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, Jazz got Boris Diaw for practically nothing! :O Also signed Joe Johnson. O.o Have no clue why Joe picked Utah of all places. Never remotely thought that he'd consider here. Actually having a competent bench this year is gonna be a good thing for sure.
Jul 6, 2016 2:25 AM
May 2015
OK
I know it probably wont happen, but i really want to see Wade join the cavs, if only to counter golden state.
Lets be honest here.
The NBA will be CAVS vs DUBS finals for the next ~2 years. All other teams should just be tanking and stocking up on young talent.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jul 6, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2009
damn Kevin Durant will fit right in to the Warriors system according to this

Jul 6, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2011
Haha people are sleeping on the Spurs again. I like it.

I agree with sman that super teams don't guarantee championships. Specially with the Warriors, since they were that good of team already, it'll be interesting to see just how much better Durant will make them. He will also require a lot more offensive plays than Barnes and that it bound to somewhat change the Warriors offense and ball movement. Just trying to look for some positives in this bullshit. -_-

j0x said:
damn Kevin Durant will fit right in to the Warriors system according to this

lol you can easily tell Nick is way too happy Durant joined the Warriors. He even said Durant can be as good as kawhi defensively smh.
Jul 6, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
WindSpeaks said:

lol you can easily tell Nick is way too happy Durant joined the Warriors. He even said Durant can be as good as kawhi defensively smh.

lol i think he is a Warriors fan because of how the ball movement system of the Warriors are awesome, you know as a basketball coach he should be a fan of the Warriors system and also the Spurs
Jul 6, 2016 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
WindSpeaks said:

lol i think he is a Warriors fan because of how the ball movement system of the Warriors are awesome, you know as a basketball coach he should be a fan of the Warriors system and also the Spurs

He is for both of them.

He gets hate for it.(mostly when he talks about GS)
Jul 6, 2016 2:59 PM

May 2011
weekndxo said:
j0x said:

He is for both of them.

He gets hate for it.(mostly when he talks about GS)

Ahh.. I wasn't aware. Still, he should show some restrain specially since he wants other people to listen to what he says.
Jul 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
Have some of you people been drinking bleach.....pls STOP!

How the fuck could Wade go to Cleveland if they don't have anywhere near $25 million to give him, much less $60 million which is what he wants for 3 years....
Jul 6, 2016 3:24 PM
Feb 2014
Dubs, Wade will be a Denver Nugget.
Jul 6, 2016 3:36 PM

Mar 2015
Ray Allen reportedly eyeing a comeback and is interesting in the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and Clippers.
Hope he signs with the Cavs at least. But knowing him...probably gonna be the Warriors. Would hate to see one of my favorite players on this Warrior team.
CrehscentJul 6, 2016 3:40 PM
Jul 6, 2016 4:03 PM
May 2015
LMAO IF ALLEN SIGNS WITH DUBS. THE NBA IS DEAD.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jul 6, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2015
Apparently Wade is serious about Bulls. Heat can't get rid of McRobberts with a 2nd round pick. Only way to get rid of him is probably a future 1st, Richardson, or Winslow. Too much trouble, if he wants to be petty then he can go. He is messing with this teams future.
Jul 6, 2016 5:22 PM
Feb 2014
6Man said:
LMAO IF ALLEN SIGNS WITH DUBS. THE NBA IS DEAD.

Don't forget BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Jul 6, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2015
Goodbye Wade. =/. Fuck man...
Jul 6, 2016 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Dwade to bulls? Damn. RIP Miami

Jul 6, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2015
Saddest day in South Florida history. 7/6/16
CrehscentJul 7, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 6, 2016 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
Ha. Team Banana boat act one.
Jul 6, 2016 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
So the day many Heat fans have dreaded is finally here...

I'm going to try to be as rational as I can when talking about this...

First and foremost, Wade is the Heat, before Wade was drafted the Heat could never take the next step, in the 13 years Wade was here the Heat made the playoffs 11 of those years, went to 5 NBA Finals and won 3 Championships.

So all Heat fans should know what he meant to the team and the city.

Pat Riley is going to be skewered by Heat fans....more of them will blame him than Wade.

There is no doubt in my mind that Wade does NOT deserve the money he was asking for....not for all the injuries he's had and not while he is in his twilight years.

And the last thing I want is for the Heat to turn into the Lakers.

I am a HEAT fan first and I will NOT bash Pat Riley for this.

Pat is the MAIN reason why there are 3 World Title banners in our arena.

I trust Pat Riley.

I'm very grateful for the 13 years Wade gave the Heat, I wish him the best of luck and I don't feel resentment.

Go Heat! They will always be my team.
Jul 6, 2016 7:15 PM

Jun 2012

The Heat are gonna have a better record next year anyway.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (105) « First ... « 101 102 [103] 104 105 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.