Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2016 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
More flashbacks this chapter..feels like this story has been dragging lately although I don't mind it.

I'm okay with Katori I guess, not a character that I find myself liking much in the series though. However, it's kinda interesting to see her past.
Stark700May 19, 2016 9:12 PM
May 19, 2016 10:51 PM
Jul 2015
I don't know about others but I loved the chapter.

animecoollMay 19, 2016 11:15 PM
May 19, 2016 11:25 PM
Feb 2014
So she is just a spoiled brat that don't know what hard work is and how to repay a debt? Incoming ass-whooping is going to taste so sweet tbh (or she might go down in a blaze of glory but I don't think so).
May 20, 2016 12:30 AM
Sep 2015
Katori joined Border to repay her debt for Somei? What is Somei goal for being number 1? what happened to Somei family?
Will Katori join Tamakoma 2?
May 20, 2016 12:38 AM
Feb 2016
Since they re-open this chapter 144 discussion...I want to repost this one:
-jdj888- said:
I noticed in the last panel from the raw scans that Osamu is ready to use his spider trigger and not asteroid. So maybe his anticipating Katori to use her grasshopper to compensate for the other leg or he just want to pin her down to lessen her mobility then he will finish her with raygust.
May 20, 2016 12:42 AM

Mar 2008
I might be forgetting a flash here or there, but that was probably the most vivid look at the destruction of the first invasion so far. Seems like we're steadily building towards seeing more serious pasts and revelations.

What affect will this match have on the jaded Katori?

Each chapter can't come soon enough.
May 20, 2016 12:42 AM

Nov 2013
dat_le_tat said:
Katori joined Border to repay her debt for Somei? What is Somei goal for being number 1? what happened to Somei family?
Will Katori join Tamakoma 2?
She might just want #1 for her family's sake. Katori just wanted to tag along with her friend/savior and support her, she's also probably the last 'family' she has left so yeah.

Why would Katori join T-2 xD
May 20, 2016 12:57 AM
Feb 2016
What if Ashihara is on a roll and he will continue this team Katori formation flashback next chapter ;P
we will wait for chapter 146 for the conclusion of this round lol.
May 20, 2016 12:58 AM
Feb 2015
To paraphrase Yoko Katori: this chapter pisses me off
May 20, 2016 1:04 AM
Apr 2013
I read the chapter and I stand by my opinion even more. There were some comments that it was good because it gave background on the first invasion, but I disagree with that, it gave us nothing about the invasion, it just focused on Somei and Katori. I'm not against the flashback per se, I'm against using up a whole chapter on the flashback. It completely hindered the build-up from the previous chapter for me.

Anyway, did anyone think Somei's father looked like Kido lmao

And that defence comment, so naive.

-jdj888- said:
What if Ashihara is on a roll and he will continue this team Katori formation flashback next chapter ;P
we will wait for chapter 146 for the conclusion of this round lol.

NO lol Next will be Teruya flashback :P
May 20, 2016 1:11 AM

Nov 2013
Chung2 said:
He looked like a cross between Kido and Karasawa to me. Without Kido's scar.
May 20, 2016 1:17 AM
Apr 2013
Botato said:
Chung2 said:
He looked like a cross between Kido and Karasawa to me. Without Kido's scar.
When I first saw him I went like "WHAT SHE IS KIDO'S DAUGHTER?" lmao and now you mention Karasawa, he does look like him as well LOL
May 20, 2016 1:20 AM
Feb 2016
Chung2 said:
(T_T) then after that he will show us the full chapter update of the Galopoula expedition team...so the chapter 147 will be the continuation of this MikumoxKatorixKakizaki battle XD
May 20, 2016 1:24 AM
Apr 2013
-jdj888- said:
Chung2 said:
(T_T) then after that he will show us the full chapter update of the Galopoula expedition team...so the chapter 147 will be the continuation of this MikumoxKatorixKakizaki battle XD
lol Maybe next is more Katori flashback, then chapter 146 & 147 will be Teruya flashbacks and 148 is the continuation of the match :P

LOL XD
May 20, 2016 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
On a more serious note, will we be seeing Osamu and Hana have a talk anytime soon? They're both similar in a few ways so it could be interesting, although that also includes being somewhat anti social so it may never happen.
May 20, 2016 1:52 AM
Sep 2015
Chung2 said:
I read the chapter and I stand by my opinion even more. There were some comments that it was good because it gave background on the first invasion,

I still don't know what is the goal of first invasion
May 20, 2016 1:58 AM
Apr 2013
dat_le_tat said:
Chung2 said:
I read the chapter and I stand by my opinion even more. There were some comments that it was good because it gave background on the first invasion,

I still don't know what is the goal of first invasion
Yes, I want to know as well. There were some comments that this chapter showed us some glimpse of the invasion, but it did nothing of that sorts. It just showed us that people got injured/killed/kidnapped and houses got destroyed, which we already know since the beginning of the manga.

Botato said:
On a more serious note, will we be seeing Osamu and Hana have a talk anytime soon? They're both similar in a few ways so it could be interesting, although that also includes being somewhat anti social so it may never happen.
I think Somei is more monotonous than Osamu. Kinda like a more sociable version of Kikuchihara (just personality wise).
May 20, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
I already stated my opinion in the first thread. I liked the flashback but it's a bit awkwardly placed. But I guess Ashihara wants to save the conclusion of the fight for his big anniversary placement in the next issue.
May 20, 2016 8:11 AM
Feb 2015
Trying to view Katori with a different, less judgemental, POV:
- She used to be a cheerful girl. I guess Miura is correct that she's stressed out.
- She's naturally a lazy person and not a competitive person. Having to shoulder Somei's dream is probably too much for her. I can relate to that. If her team breaks out, I can see her quit Border and actually becomes cheerful again.
- Somei is clearly the main character in the flashback. Which makes me wonder why Katori is particularly unhappy with Osamu... perhaps because he's so weak but gets the exception to join Border as combatant (thanks to MC status) and thus, is able to pursue his dream, while Somei was denied of that opportunity and thus denied of her dream.
May 20, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:

- Somei is clearly the main character in the flashback. Which makes me wonder why Katori is particularly unhappy with Osamu... perhaps because he's so weak but gets the exception to join Border as combatant (thanks to MC status) and thus, is able to pursue his dream, while Somei was denied of that opportunity and thus denied of her dream.

I can see that being the case. But besides being weak in this moment he is another obstacle to Katori for them to reach #1. So maybe she feels entitled to the accomplishment for what her and Somei have been through.
May 20, 2016 9:05 AM
Aug 2012
Sigh do we even know if Somei wanted to be combatant or she couldn't become one because of low trion? I haven't seen her specs tbh. But seeing how she is quite intelligent, she could have also chosen the operator job herself as she clearly is suited to be one.

Even if that's the case Katori still comes off as petty and pathetic. Maybe she has to carry 2 baggage but her attitude and personality is a deterrent to teamwork and she is also holding the team back. I will just leave aside the fact that she only depends on her genius bs. Only Somei is keeping the team together or they would have been wiped out by now in this match.

The point is if Katori really wanted to make it up for Somei, she should have worked harder and tried to improve the team instead of lazing around and being a deterrent to it.

May 20, 2016 10:57 AM
Apr 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Only Somei is keeping the team together or they would have been wiped out by now in this match.

The point is if Katori really wanted to make it up for Somei, she should have worked harder and tried to improve the team instead of lazing around and being a deterrent to it.
Exactly. It's contradictory really.
May 20, 2016 12:39 PM
Feb 2016
So after rereading this chapter I noticed something about Katori Unit...

Somei > thinks ahead of time. Future oriented person.
VS
katori > lack of determination and not trying to push herself to improve. Present oriented person.

Miura > soft spoken and tries to avoid conflict.
VS
Wakamura > not afraid to speak his mind and frequently gets into argument with his captain Katori.

They are yin and yang.
May 20, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2015
p-kun said:
Trying to view Katori with a different, less judgemental, POV:
- She used to be a cheerful girl. I guess Miura is correct that she's stressed out.
- She's naturally a lazy person and not a competitive person. Having to shoulder Somei's dream is probably too much for her. I can relate to that. If her team breaks out, I can see her quit Border and actually becomes cheerful again.

I certainly liked the young Katori a lot more, her current version seems to be cynical and jaded.I'm not sure she's motivated by anything Somei's done, she just seems to be tagged along to try and enjoy herself.

I think Osamu annoys her for a number of reasons. Firstly, T-2 are winning, and Katori perceives them to be weaker than her. Secondsly, Katori's a hedonist, just chasing after what ever feels fun. Osamu's response of "It's the right thing do to" rankles her because it's reminding her of what Border's true duty is. Possibly thirdly she's being forced to admit she's dragging Somei down.
May 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
Chung2 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Only Somei is keeping the team together or they would have been wiped out by now in this match.

What's contradictory? Katori after failing every attempt she believed she made (switching positions), she lost belief that she could make it to the top. She is someone who struggles with working past walls.
May 20, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2013
how to not act like main character if you ARE main character? :D
the last monologue katori make me laugh.
May 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2015
it's surprisingly depressing...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 20, 2016 7:44 PM

Jan 2012
Kuma said:
it's surprisingly depressing...

Yeah, it's really depressing... because the more I think about it, the more I feel I am exactly like Katori (no, in fact, I am like her...).

I think most of you are really harsh when you talk about Katori motivation. First, Katori is born as a genius so she never need to constantly improve herself since she is really young. Moreover, even if she say she want to become rank 1 (by following Somei), she never seek perfection/ first place at all. She just try to enjoy her life when she already have the necessary result at her age (good grade). What is wrong with that??

But, in the Border, she faces for the first time an indestructible wall (Nino). For someone who live really as life is natural, this is her first really challenge. It has to came with a total change (almost reverse) of attitude. You can't become an hard worker like that, you need an important trigger. She try many to improve by changing of position (to be true, she just run away) but she still have her psychological wall up.

Moreover, she is cocky and pissed because she just basically fail. When you are a genius in a field, you know it and you are proud about it. This pride tell you to always stay ahead of "weakling" but right now, she is unable to move and she sees everyone improve without her. All her anger are collected against her and make her fall more and more. I really hope Wakamura give her the little push she need to overcome her fear.
Something like that:
Waka:"Stop thinking, you stupid"
Kato:"I don't want to hear that from you, morron. --- Thank"

Finally, the reason she follow Somei is really to help her and only that. She didn't think about the fun part at this time (but she will have fun anyways because she is like that). She is not heartless (you baka...)
May 20, 2016 11:24 PM
Aug 2012
Dues-aj said:

What's contradictory? Katori after failing every attempt she believed she made (switching positions), she lost belief that she could make it to the top. She is someone who struggles with working past walls.

So she switched positions because she failed(?) and not because she was bored and didn't try to improve? The so-called geniuses also need to work hard but Katori doesn't look like she did that or even attempted to neither tried to improve the teamwork as Katori squad is more or less a mess. She probably quit every time her instincts hit the limit or she got bored as she didn't want to work hard.

She has no right to get pissed at people who work hard despite not having talent like her while she just ran away and wastes her time lazing around. It's just petty and contradictory.......

May 21, 2016 12:33 AM
Apr 2013
Dues-aj said:
Chung2 said:

After every wall she hit, she gave up. And after one big loss, she was entirely focused on lazing around. She's not trying hence it's contradictory to her so-called determination of carrying the burden of both hers and Somei's.
May 21, 2016 5:56 AM

Mar 2014
Chung2 said:
Dues-aj said:

After every wall she hit, she gave up. And after one big loss, she was entirely focused on lazing around. She's not trying hence it's contradictory to her so-called determination of carrying the burden of both hers and Somei's.

Yeah, like I siad. She dosen't know how to work around these wall. She was determined to help Somei but once she failed enough times she decided that there was nothing she could do. And like Miura said, she was't as much laxing around but feeling depressed. which is probably because she dosen't know what to do to fix things.
May 21, 2016 7:22 AM
Apr 2013
Dues-aj said:
Chung2 said:

Yeah, like I siad. She dosen't know how to work around these wall. She was determined to help Somei but once she failed enough times she decided that there was nothing she could do. And like Miura said, she was't as much laxing around but feeling depressed. which is probably because she dosen't know what to do to fix things.
Either way, she needs serious development (if Ashihara plans to use her in future arcs).
May 21, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2014
Chung2 said:
Dues-aj said:

Either way, she needs serious development (if Ashihara plans to use her in future arcs).

I hope she gets development as well since I think she is a character with a lot of potential. Granted if a character like Sasamori could get a little development then I think Katori has a good chance too.
May 21, 2016 8:19 AM
Aug 2015
I guess it will be more on the line that before bail out she will see Yuma and maybe osamu "having fun" with each other ....or kuga smile...something that remembers that she need to have fun while doing this...and maybe get affected by osamu hard working as there's a way to overcome the wall, and then she may begin to develop in background... so when she make another appearance she will be more mature like people got surprised with sasamori again and again (like arafune squad member said he was more composed after the invasion and Nino squad member said he was matured...kazama praise is something treasured by less ranked combatants)
SedgewicMay 21, 2016 8:30 AM
May 21, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2015
I don't feel like writing my post on why you guys are being really whinny about this flashback so I'll just say that every team always get a chapter dedicated to their strory. This one happend to be a flashback instead of a team meeting. Live with it.

On an other note, I think most of you misinterpret Katori a lot. You think she has been lax and lazy all this time and its true that she could have trained more but you need to see it from her perspective. Katori team IS the highest ranked team of their generation (some people of the same generation or younger are higher ranked BUT they are part of a team that includes people who have been around much longer). From that point of view she never thought she HAD to train because her genius status was working. Her team was the best. The reason she is so pissed off now is because she is beaing clearly outmatched by a completly younger team. If it was only Chika the trion monster and Yuma, a fellow genius, I'm sure she could have rationalized it but with Osamu in the mix she has to admit she has no excsuse. Moreover, they are pushed by an emotional goal in a similar way as Katori squad so Katori is forced to realise for the first time that maybe she didn't do enough for Somei if Osamu (a weakling) can lead his team like this.

Wheter she scores a point or not I think this confrontation is already something that will change her attitude going forward. If she scores it won't be because of the power of feelings it will be because for the first time in her life she will REALLY try instead of coasting on her genius.
May 21, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
i hate lengthy flashbacks.
May 21, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
One way or another, if it promises some future develop. for Katori (and maybe her team, or only Somei too) or not, one thing is certain (it's a quote from a commentator in another site):

"...because it really embodies a lot of what makes World Trigger great. All people in Border are meaningful, all agents are interesting and it never feels like our main characters are the most important people of the world. They are just the Squad we follow."

Also, it's like @LuzNight said, it's not the first time that Ashihara gave to us some "squads background" with flashback etc. In past chaps, we learn Ko and Arafune's past etc. So, we are used to see some kind of frags, of little parts of someone (or squad) past and not a full chapter like the last one.

I was thinking about what Somei said about Katori:
- "It's difficult to change somebody who doesn't want to be changed." -
- "[...]so maybe this means that this state is the best for her right now."

This makes me agree, again, with LuzNight. She was in some kind of comfort zone, so, Maybe the T-2 "mix" messed up her mind. I know that for every rule there is an exception but, even with T-2 appearance she does not change. If she leaves the team? It would be interesting if Somei (following her path as an employee/operator) joins T-2 as the long awaited (for some of you) new operator - also, someone here said that this flashback was more a Somei's background than Katori.

..or, after the match, she can see Yuma and Osamu to talk etc and then, they change her mind (like Yuma saying that he does things cause it's fun etc). This endorses a little of @Sedgewic theory.
KenboyMay 21, 2016 9:57 AM
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
May 21, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2015
kisami said:
i hate lengthy flashbacks.

Well ''lenghty'' is subjective but by shonen manga standards 1 chapter isn't lenghty at all.
May 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Feb 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sigh do we even know if Somei wanted to be combatant or she couldn't become one because of low trion? I haven't seen her specs tbh. But seeing how she is quite intelligent, she could have also chosen the operator job herself as she clearly is suited to be one.

Somei has the worst parallel processing of all operators we have seen so far. Ashihara already alludes that parallel processing is pretty much talent you're born with, so she won't improve much in this aspect. She makes it up with average strategy and high command (which is valuable in a team with horrible command like hers but otherwise useless in other team with good captains). Operators that joined border later than her already outperform her. In short, she's like the Osamu of operators.

fatina said:
I really hope Wakamura give her the little push she need to overcome her fear.

I think if Katori changes, then the one pushing for it will be Somei. I think Katori's lack of motivation is because she's in Border to help out Somei, rather than to pursue her own ambition. For example, anyone who had tiger moms should understand that it gets really tiring and depressing to follow someone else's ambition, even if that someone else is the one you owe your life to. So, after this match, Katori might get super depressed and Somei might talk to her and to tell her to just do what she enjoys. Either she will leave Border or she will stay in Border to pursue her own dream, rather than Somei's. Ideally she will leave Border temporarily and Wakamura and Miura will have to learn to fend for themselves and get better. And Katori will realize she enjoyed being with her team and comes back to start over, but with a more positive mindset.... to be honest, I find a good ending for Katori's team to be boring, but Ashihara often ends the rank wars with all teams growing, so eh.
May 21, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
p-kun said:

I think if Katori changes, then the one pushing for it will be Somei. I think Katori's lack of motivation is because she's in Border to help out Somei, rather than to pursue her own ambition. For example, anyone who had tiger moms should understand that it gets really tiring and depressing to follow someone else's ambition, even if that someone else is the one you owe your life to. So, after this match, Katori might get super depressed and Somei might talk to her and to tell her to just do what she enjoys. Either she will leave Border or she will stay in Border to pursue her own dream, rather than Somei's. Ideally she will leave Border temporarily and Wakamura and Miura will have to learn to fend for themselves and get better. And Katori will realize she enjoyed being with her team and comes back to start over, but with a more positive mindset.... to be honest, I find a good ending for Katori's team to be boring, but Ashihara often ends the rank wars with all teams growing, so eh.

That comment sums up a lot of theories/predictions/hope but personnaly I don't think that's what the situation demands. I really don't see the Katori team dynamic as being so bad. Maybe it's culture thing or maybe its because most other teams or so lovey dovey but I think that Katori team is so disastrous. Their coordination was more than acceptable and sure they argued but no matter what they said it didn't really affect their fight. I'm not saying that some improvements are not needed but I feel like a disbanding or Katori leaving would be a MUCH to harsh comment on their dynamic.
May 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
Kenboy said:

I was thinking about what Somei said about Katori:
- "It's difficult to change somebody who doesn't want to be changed." -
- "[...]so maybe this means that this state is the best for her right now."

This makes me agree, again, with LuzNight. She was in some kind of comfort zone, so, Maybe the T-2 "mix" messed up her mind. I know that for every rule there is an exception but, even with T-2 appearance she does not change. If she leaves the team? It would be interesting if Somei (following her path as an employee/operator) joins T-2 as the long awaited (for some of you) new operator - also, someone here said that this flashback was more a Somei's background than Katori.

Coming from someone with experience with what Katori is going through, she is not in her "comfort zone" right now. Somei said it about her when Katori was younger and was still getting by on her genius.

The thing about being good at something is that everything feels right. You feel satisfied and happy. When you hit that wall everything stops making sense. You feel like you are no longer making the right choices. The idea to switch to something else seems like a good idea because you feel right and satisfied again.

Katori right now is bitter, cynical, and angry. She has reached the point where she realized that she may never have that happy feeling of doing something satisfying again. She dosen't understand how to get over the wall. Miura mentioned it before, so she probably is going through a spout of depression.

How Katori will develop past this will be interesting. She could learn to work past this wall and find the satisfaction in improving through hard work. Or she could work past the wall only to continue searching for that satisfaction and not find it. Only to continue in that direction wondering if maybe that other thing was the better direction to take.
May 21, 2016 12:56 PM
Jul 2015
LuzNight said:

On an other note, I think most of you misinterpret Katori a lot. You think she has been lax and lazy all this time and its true that she could have trained more but you need to see it from her perspective. Katori team IS the highest ranked team of their generation (some people of the same generation or younger are higher ranked BUT they are part of a team that includes people who have been around much longer). From that point of view she never thought she HAD to train because her genius status was working. Her team was the best. The reason she is so pissed off now is because she is beaing clearly outmatched by a completly younger team. If it was only Chika the trion monster and Yuma, a fellow genius, I'm sure she could have rationalized it but with Osamu in the mix she has to admit she has no excsuse. Moreover, they are pushed by an emotional goal in a similar way as Katori squad so Katori is forced to realise for the first time that maybe she didn't do enough for Somei if Osamu (a weakling) can lead his team like this.

But personally I don't think she is a genius. She's got two supports that whilst they don't have many points, have proved good at saving her ass, and a sharp operator.

Yes, she got master class in attacker and gunner quickly (8k points), but Arafune has 8k in Eaglet and Kogetsu, it's just that his skillsets don't synergise well.

Whilst not being on the Fujin list could be because of compatability, the fact that B-rankers Yuba and Ikoma were indicates that both of them must be A-rank quality or incredibly near. With Katagiri squad and the other A rankers, I wouldn't expect Katori to be in the top 20 attackers .

Since their main achievement is staying in the top B bracket for two seasons, it really depends exactly when Nino and Kage dropped down.
May 21, 2016 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
So how strict is Jump on dates given for anniversary covers? I'm really curious if the length of this match is so that the big victory aligns with the anniversary.
May 21, 2016 7:11 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:
So how strict is Jump on dates given for anniversary covers? I'm really curious if the length of this match is so that the big victory aligns with the anniversary.

They are not strict, but they are also not purposely aligned with the story. It's common to have anniversary cover while nothing much happens in story or while the story is still building up for the climax.

I don't think the match will concludes next chapter. Most likely we'll deal with Katori next chapter and deal with Teruya next next chapter. Concluding in the next chapter is only possible if Teruya gets dealt with swiftly, which means that she is a shitty agent who is overhyped.
May 21, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

They are not strict, but they are also not purposely aligned with the story. It's common to have anniversary cover while nothing much happens in story or while the story is still building up for the climax.

I don't think the match will concludes next chapter. Most likely we'll deal with Katori next chapter and deal with Teruya next next chapter. Concluding in the next chapter is only possible if Teruya gets dealt with swiftly, which means that she is a shitty agent who is overhyped.

Huh, I guess I was just trying to figure out the reason why this match is so unnaturally long.

Also I could see it being 1 chapter. I think you could do both agents fair justice in 9 pages each, but who knows.
May 22, 2016 1:16 AM
Apr 2013
Teruya is hyped? Where?
May 22, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2016
Oh hey, LuzNight is back.
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them." - Liebert
May 22, 2016 3:33 AM
Jul 2015
Hmmm... I don't think Katori's a "spoiled brat"; at least not after this chapter... And she's also not "lazy".
Sure, maybe she was a spoiled brat before the first invasion; but i think she changed after that... Also the same thing with being lazy.

Can you imagine, if you "procrastinated" and someone died because of it... (like an earth quack in real lief, or like a Neighbor invasion in this case...). You never "intended" anyone to die; but it happened; and maybe it wouldn't have happened, if you made different decisions.
Hana's comfort for her was "that she had more chance to save her, so it was only the logical thing to do"... I don't know if she really thinks that way or not...
But that has become Katori's life "principle" now... Because if she didn't believe that... it would mean that she was the cause of the death of Hana's parents death; her best friend's parents... And that not just for some kid (how old was she? 11?) but to even older people devastating...
Just imagine the "guilt" that would bring... And the psychological damage... And her way to "cope" with it is to "from now on" do what's the "logical" thing to do. So like if Osamu is "weak", then the "logical" thing to do would be for Osamu to not try to get higher than "stronger" people (like her), because that would not be "logical"... You see what I'm saying?... She just does "simple math" now for everything, and does the "logical" thing...

And also she's not lazy. For one thing she's a Border agent... That's like a "part time job" in this series. I mean the kids go to school, then go to Border, to train/ work. I'm sure she's doing it for Hana and all.

So yes, she doesn't try to do things she "can't do" (like math... or try new things like Osamu...), but as far as things she "can do"; like being the main force of her team; attack, fight, the "logical thing" for a "genius" like her, she does. And she's pretty good, even if not as good as Yuma.

Emotionally she's so beat up, that she "can't try to do" what she "is not good at"; because that in return would bring that "guilt" of her "past" back; and she's not strong enough to face that yet.

Maybe, later Hana talks to her... Gives encouragement, something... then she can "cry" and face her path, to change; but currently she's not strong enough. (emotionally).

But she was "physically" strong enough to "keep being" at this stage, because she was gifted. But she's at the stage that, her natural talent can't keep carrying her, without her actually trying and changing (getting better, like Osamu). So, this will be a good wake up call...

But no, she's a "victim" of the invasion, and i feel bad for her... It wasn't her fault... I mean for god's sake she was asleep... But i also feel bad for the other girl... Hana... They're both victims.
May 22, 2016 9:46 AM

Dec 2015
icecreamsnow said:
LuzNight said:

But personally I don't think she is a genius. She's got two supports that whilst they don't have many points, have proved good at saving her ass, and a sharp operator.

Yes, she got master class in attacker and gunner quickly (8k points), but Arafune has 8k in Eaglet and Kogetsu, it's just that his skillsets don't synergise well.

Whilst not being on the Fujin list could be because of compatability, the fact that B-rankers Yuba and Ikoma were indicates that both of them must be A-rank quality or incredibly near. With Katagiri squad and the other A rankers, I wouldn't expect Katori to be in the top 20 attackers .

Since their main achievement is staying in the top B bracket for two seasons, it really depends exactly when Nino and Kage dropped down.

They have mentioned her as being a genius so many times that I think that ship as sailed no matter what you think... And your arguments do work anyway:

You can't compare her with Arafune because we have no idea how long it took Arafune to reach master in these two disciplines.

Also, Katori didn't just learn 2 position, she learned 3 (attacker, gunner AND all-rounder). All-rounder my be easier to learn once you already have attacker and gunner but it's still worth something. Especially when you look at someone like Kotaro who uses both types of trigger but still isn't called an all-rounder.

Finally, your talk about Fujin as ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with talent. Black trigger compatibility is a personality thing. In theory, even an operator could be compatible.
May 22, 2016 10:46 AM
Oct 2015
Chapter readed.

Well, I think the problem is about the cadence of the narrative. Ashihara used flashblack before, but in this time he has used two in middle of the combat and that delays it. Usually Ashihara has a agile narrative in battles and normally it happens a lot of things in every chapter. This time the end of chapter 143 is the same of the end of 144 and it means that nothing happens.
I confess that I'm a bit tired about this round

About Katori. I think her problem is her desire. She is considered herself as a genius, but in border there are a lot of genius in her generation or inferior (Kitora, Midorikawa, Kikuchika, Amo, Karasuna, etc...). She needs a strong desire or determination to beat her pride. Well, it is clear that she is not motivated enough now, and maybe a strong hit in her pride, a total defeat against Osamsu, will be the best thing for she and her future growth.

I'm not sure that Ninomiya is the wall for Katori... In the end, Ninomiya was a A team one year before and Katori is in border since practically three years...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 245 Discussion

animefan8800 - Sep 3

2 by MegamiRem »»
Sep 8, 4:57 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 244 Discussion

animefan8800 - Aug 1

7 by MegamiRem »»
Sep 8, 4:55 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 205 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2021

11 by jiajia »»
Aug 10, 3:49 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 243 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jul 3

2 by anime-prime »»
Jul 7, 7:27 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

p-kun - Mar 16, 2016

53 by phantom346 »»
Jul 2, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.