Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 21, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
FromZeroToZero said:
I don't think so. It didn't receive the same attention as ERASED or OPM, and I haven't seen a lot of fanboys. There's quite a large number of haters though, they're the same people who hated AoT.

Actually most of the haters are salty SNK fanboys who think SNK season two was delayed for this
Apr 21, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2015
Darklight0303 said:
FromZeroToZero said:
I don't think so. It didn't receive the same attention as ERASED or OPM, and I haven't seen a lot of fanboys. There's quite a large number of haters though, they're the same people who hated AoT.

Actually most of the haters are salty SNK fanboys who think SNK season two was delayed for this

Still doesn't change the fact that fanboys and haters are cancer of the community
Apr 21, 2016 5:52 PM

Sep 2014
this series didnt seem to be that rediculously hyped. seems like there's more hype for RE:Zero than this
Apr 21, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2016
I've heard a few people poking fun at it (e.g. "Look, it's Attack on Train!") but not in a serious manner. This has had nowhere near the crazed overhyping nor the cancerous hatred that other recent series have.
Apr 22, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
Higher than 8.0 while only being a generic boring shounen without any good characters/story (at least so far - does not seem it will get any better) = yes it is overhyped. But that's how most of the users are. Most people like pure action without a lot of story or interesting chars. They enjoy the anime where you can do other stuff while watching it because it has no complicated story or plot where you need to concentrate. Just action.
Apr 22, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2009
I'm afraid it will get same treatment as early BokuMachi. Well, at least it's original so we can't be spoiled.
Apr 22, 2016 9:15 AM
Jul 2012
We will just ignore the fact that SnK was not great. KnK already has a better characterisation than SnK as a whole lel.
Apr 22, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2014
kamisama751 said:
Yes, it is already hyped as hell and the quality is just garbage... like what happens every season.

And then there's the "anti-hype movement" grabbing every single opportunity to tell everyone that it;s overhyped and it sucks (to the point where they list errors in their signature).....like what happens every season

Seriously though the anti hype movement every time something is popular is far more annoying than the hype itself
Apr 22, 2016 4:20 PM
Nov 2015
It has a really great start, but we're just 2 episodes in, so only time will tell if Kabaneri is going to be the next best thing.
Apr 22, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
Yes Kara no Kyoukai is overhyped but this show is shaping up to be a masterpiece of modern storytelling
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 23, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
Ugh ugh ugh, this show is so bad.
It stole everything from SnK, made a bad setting from it.
Makes the story predictable asf.
And the setting is just utterly boring.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 23, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
Mirotokiwa said:

Stole everything? Why don't you make a list of stolen things so I can tear it apart and expose how untrue it is
Apr 23, 2016 3:17 PM

Mar 2014
It's the people that worked on SnK, but they believed they could make it better. So far that;s pretty much what they're doing, making a much better show. Stealing? I don't think so.
Apr 23, 2016 7:09 PM
Apr 2012
After seeing episode 2, I can confirm it is not overhyped.
Apr 23, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2010
Apr 23, 2016 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
Nope. Maybe if it came out before snk it would've been. Snk brought a fresh air to the medium there weren't many or any anime like snk in this current decade had to highlight this before the keyboard geeks list series like blue gender, claymore ect. High school of the dead comes close. So people seeing this series wouldn't get that woah moment because they've seen snk doing it already.

The thing that annoys me is the snk comparison with this series, which is understandable. But some people act like you can't like both series at the same time, reminds me of the big three where you can only like one out of three. So childish. Smh

Just imagine if snks2 and this was airing at the same time? Thank god that didn't happen. It would be naruto vs hxh all over again. *shivers*
keragammingApr 23, 2016 8:06 PM
Apr 23, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2012
If it is like attack on titan, it will be. It is literally derivative garbage.
Apr 23, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2015
Gee, where have I seen this kind of thread before...?
Apr 23, 2016 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Mirotokiwa said:

Stole everything? Why don't you make a list of stolen things so I can tear it apart and expose how untrue it is

"The train and the wall is representing the Walls of Shingeki no Kyoujin. Instead of Titans, We Have zombies. Instead of
A girl that's badass and that the mc knows for quite a while. The idea of the MC that he is going to fight with his
instead of Different walls, they have different stations. The mc is the exact same, There is no fucking difference.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 24, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2008
Mirotokiwa said:
Darklight0303 said:

"The train and the wall is representing the Walls of Shingeki no Kyoujin. Instead of Titans, We Have zombies. Instead of
A girl that's badass and that the mc knows for quite a while. The idea of the MC that he is going to fight with his
instead of Different walls, they have different stations. The mc is the exact same, There is no fucking difference.

That's it? Hahahahah you're making this waaaay too easy.

Darklight0303Apr 24, 2016 2:17 AM
Apr 24, 2016 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
PoeticJustice said:
If it is like attack on titan, it will be. It is literally derivative garbage.
Except it's nothing like it.
Apr 24, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2013
There is a spoiler function here you know.
Apr 24, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2008
Fixed. Sorry I got swept up in the systematic slaughter that I forgot them for a bit
Apr 24, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2014
People need to stop using acronyms of shows that already have that, Kara no Kyoukai and Kyoukai no Kanata, it gets confusing, just Kabaneri, it's pretty short and nothing else is called that.

Same deal happened with Shingeki no Kyojin, SNK is already a game company and they could have used AoT but instead used the one with an already established acronym.
Apr 24, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
The mc is the exact same, There is no fucking difference.

Except the fact that Ikoma at this point seems a hundred times better than Eren, who could only whine about killing Titans and basically being useless until he received a way to actually do something. Ikoma so far has a mindset like Eren's but is also smart and finding his own way to fight the threat. He's also kind of a nerdy dork and let's not forget the "I'm gonna save you and make you feel guilty about it!" tantrum in ep2. I'm so glad WIT Studio looked at what made Eren "work" as a character but also at what he lacked.
Apr 25, 2016 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Kirua- said:
Nice to see people have actually fallen so low to start complaining about a series being overhyped which didn't even start airing yet.

Exactly my thoughts. Who gives a shit if something is overrated. Just enjoy it yourself or go watch something else if it's not your cup of tea.
Apr 25, 2016 7:59 AM
Jan 2016
LauraBirdie said:
The mc is the exact same, There is no fucking difference.

Except the fact that Ikoma at this point seems a hundred times better than Eren, who could only whine about killing Titans and basically being useless until he received a way to actually do something. Ikoma so far has a mindset like Eren's but is also smart and finding his own way to fight the threat. He's also kind of a nerdy dork and let's not forget the "I'm gonna save you and make you feel guilty about it!" tantrum in ep2. I'm so glad WIT Studio looked at what made Eren "work" as a character but also at what he lacked.

Ikoma has a similar vibe to Eren in some ways.
But its just as irritating seeing him all weepy and shit like Eren.
Apr 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
VeryDoge said:
LauraBirdie said:

Ikoma had a good reason to cry. He thought he was going to become a Kabane after all and he had been abandoned by the others even though all he wanted and dreamed of was to help them have a fighting chance against the Kabane.

Eren is just a pussy princess peach who gets kidnapped every fucking time.
Apr 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
I think Ikoma breaking down was very well written, because he had only just succeeded in creating and showing of his weapon and despite knowing he wasn't a kabane (when he was still on the train at least) became a victim of that paranoia he hated so much. He ended up saving them but then the realisation hit him, everything was lost. I thought it was far more interesting to see him break down than him just standing there being a bad-ass. He was very HUMAN (which is important in this show)

Also I'm a bit confused as to where all these "overhyped" discussions are coming from. Not to mention the idea that when something is "over"hyped it means the show doesn't deserve it? Why would this show not deserve it? Yeah you can dislike the contents but I don't think anyone can deny the high production value so far
Apr 25, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
VeryDoge said:

Ikoma had a good reason to cry. He thought he was going to become a Kabane after all and he had been abandoned by the others even though all he wanted and dreamed of was to help them have a fighting chance against the Kabane.

Eren is just a pussy princess peach who gets kidnapped every fucking time.

^ That is, always serving and volunteering for being the bait. Well, his position turned to be rather unique, even against other shifters, but Ikoma isn't on this scale, at least not yet.

I think I would hate Eren if he was after the small fries. But that's me.
Apr 25, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
asking people with shittaste if something is overhyped
im not sure what you expect
Apr 25, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
To be honest, I came to this anime with little expectations.
I was honestly PLEASANTLY surprised by the visuals, the snappy action, the character cast and just ljsaoldsnasf.

Two episodes in, I'm a happy camper.
Apr 25, 2016 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
This show is gonna be better than SnK. So the SnK fanboys cant stop with this crap copy argument.
Apr 26, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2010
Given the hype this anime received, it's basically impossible for it to not be overhyped as people are expecting best anime in the history of anime... which after two episodes so far is already impossible to achieve.

So far it was pretty damn good though and MC is a badass. Then again there is the music and the visuals that are top notch... well with exceptions that I sometimes feel the characters not fitting the backgrounds.
Apr 26, 2016 10:29 AM

May 2012
JoJo, Re:Zero and Kabaneri are the top 3 anime in this season. THere also many other good anime airing (Boku no Hero Academia is probably the 4th best in this season)
Apr 26, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
Mirotokiwa said:

..... ..... .....

Apr 26, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
AdamOfDarkness said:
Mirotokiwa said:

..... ..... .....

Lmao, don't take his comment personal, he gave FMA:B a 3 LOL
Apr 29, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2008
PinkSheep said:
Darklight0303 said:
Except it's nothing like it.

It actually is
-both mcs act the same about killing them
-there's a weapon that works exactly the same as the maneuver gear
-both mcs are

-they both have a female that's stronger than the mc
-they leave the city because of kabane/titans attacking
-both of them have

There's probably more but there's no way this series is nothing like it and I do think this show is overhyped

Oh boy a new contender to chew up and spit out.

God you people are making this way too easy for me
Apr 29, 2016 6:07 AM

Oct 2015
I dunno, I think the mean score is currently way too high considering the fact that there's only been 2/3 episodes (don't know if the 3rd one is out yet lol) but I think it's ok so far. The story is pretty dumb but I like the 90's-inspired artstyle and action.
Apr 29, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2008
Lobinde said:
I dunno, I think the mean score is currently way too high considering the fact that there's only been 2/3 episodes (don't know if the 3rd one is out yet lol) but I think it's ok so far. The story is pretty dumb but I like the 90's-inspired artstyle and action.

3rd episode is out.
Apr 29, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2015
It's amazing so far, the hype is deserved so far, it's already better than aot fo far....
Apr 29, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
It's good so far. Deal with it
I don't watch Evangelion
Apr 29, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2008
PinkSheep said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh boy a new contender to chew up and spit out.

God you people are making this way too easy for me
Well okay then You're just trying to nitpick everything Still doesn't change how it's a similar plot though

I'm trying to nitpick? No my friend. That is you. And no it's not similar.

Apr 29, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2014
Personally I find SnK boring and bland. Hated most of the characters and the only good thing about it was the OST.

But this on the other hand, has the potential to be 100x better...if he get the MC stop whining about hating all the Kabane.
Watashiwa!
Apr 29, 2016 5:02 PM

Apr 2013
It's entertaining and quite good so far, don't see no problems.

Has potential to be infinitely better than SnK.
Apr 29, 2016 5:07 PM
Apr 2015
It should technically be "better" than SnK since in the article it literally says that it is SnK but with tweeks to make it better.
http://myanimelist.net/featured/1613
Apr 29, 2016 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
I swear this topic should be change to "is this series better than snk?" because that's literally all I'm seeing. It's like a meme now where everyone is saying this is better than snk. And that was before the first episode even had aired. Its like this was planned from the begging. XD

I'm not mad though.
Apr 30, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
To all the people that think this is better than SnK (WITH 3 EPISODES OUT EVEN) - are we watching the same anime?
Most of the characters are morons, especially the human fodder. Mumei is literally the only character with a brain. The story will most likely be rushed with just these 13 episodes and I can easily see it becoming a trainwreck (no pun intended).
Sure, the visuals and OST are nice, but this show can't even step on SnK's little finger and by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.
Apr 30, 2016 11:45 PM
Jan 2016
It's nowhere near as entertaining as SnK. At least in SnK the titans felt like a real threat to the main characters for most of the season, already these zombies seem like jokes that can be beaten down with ease.
May 1, 2016 8:41 AM

Oct 2014
marian11 said:
To all the people that think this is better than SnK (WITH 3 EPISODES OUT EVEN) - are we watching the same anime?
Most of the characters are morons, especially the human fodder. Mumei is literally the only character with a brain. The story will most likely be rushed with just these 13 episodes and I can easily see it becoming a trainwreck (no pun intended).
Sure, the visuals and OST are nice, but this show can't even step on SnK's little finger and by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.
Exactly. Its hard to get immersed in a story about humanity fighting against overwhelming opposition when the humans are retarded and the opposition isn't the slightest bit intimidating.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

617 by Otaku_Arnav_ »»
Jun 9, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

933 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

545 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jarjaxle - May 5, 2016

615 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.