Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
Veredin said:

Fair enough. I might be judging it too much off its successor Ninja Slayer.
Inferno Cop and Glasslip are bad for two different reasons: Inferno Cop has fairly good writing, but the animation and sound quality is equivalent to what a group of 12 year olds could do. Glasslip has very high quality animation and sound, but the characters are flat and the story goes nowhere. Even though Inferno Cop looks like cardboard cutouts stop-framed with a poorly done voiceover, the jokes are well done and it's actually the better anime of the two.

Well I'd much rather watch a well written gimmick then a glittery piece of crap.
Mar 17, 2016 4:47 PM

Mar 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Veredin said:

Fair enough. I might be judging it too much off its successor Ninja Slayer.
Inferno Cop and Glasslip are bad for two different reasons: Inferno Cop has fairly good writing, but the animation and sound quality is equivalent to what a group of 12 year olds could do. Glasslip has very high quality animation and sound, but the characters are flat and the story goes nowhere. Even though Inferno Cop looks like cardboard cutouts stop-framed with a poorly done voiceover, the jokes are well done and it's actually the better anime of the two.

Agree with this, And it's not even a close competition.

@Veredin Ninja slayer, suffers from "it's not a 20 minute joke" syndrome except it's 5hrs long. Inferno Cop is 40 minutes long in its entirety . Also Ninja Slayer just simply isn't as well written as Inferno cop.
Mar 17, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Agree with this, And it's not even a close competition.

@Veredin Ninja slayer, suffers from "it's not a 20 minute joke" syndrome except it's 5hrs long. Inferno Cop is 40 minutes long in its entirety . Also Ninja Slayer just simply isn't as well written as Inferno cop.

Well I can say one thing for Ninja Slayer. It had a good ed.
Mar 17, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2013
I'm having trouble with picking an 80's anime. I do not want to watch Gundam.

Does anyone have any good suggestions~?
Mar 17, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
helenply said:

The anime from the 80s that I enjoyed that most was Riding Bean. Akira would also work, if you would prefer that.
Mar 17, 2016 7:13 PM

May 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
helenply said:

The anime from the 80s that I enjoyed that most was Riding Bean. Akira would also work, if you would prefer that.

I have actually wanted to watch Akira for a while now. Is it allowed even if it's a movie?
Mar 17, 2016 7:17 PM

Apr 2011
Anything with a database entry on MAL is allowed, so movies are allowed for any challenge that doesn't say otherwise.

I have a question about Blade of the Phantom Master. It's a co-production between a Korean and Japanese company, would it count for
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime?
Mar 17, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2009
helenply said:

How about some movie by Studio Ghibli? Miyazaki is classic after all.
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
Tonari no Totoro
Hotaru no Haka
Laputa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Mar 17, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
helenply said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I have actually wanted to watch Akira for a while now. Is it allowed even if it's a movie?
Anything with its own entry on MAL is allowed. I completed the entire challenge with less time watched than Akira runs for (77 minutes while Akira is 120).
Mar 17, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2013
KMH said:
Anything with a database entry on MAL is allowed, so movies are allowed for any challenge that doesn't say otherwise.

namea said:

How about some movie by Studio Ghibli? Miyazaki is classic after all.
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
Tonari no Totoro
Hotaru no Haka
Laputa
Kiki's Delivery Service

I see. Thanks for answering!
I will try adding Miyazaki since I definitely need to see more of him ^^
Mar 17, 2016 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
This might be a bit of a dumb question but would an anime labeled as a hentai satisfy the requirements of Watch a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai anime? Or does the anime have to be one of these exact specified genres?
oKasaiMar 17, 2016 10:47 PM
Mar 17, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2014
LackofAfro said:
Hey guys this might be a bit of a dumb question but would an anime labeled as a hentai satisfy the requirements of Watch a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai anime? Or does the anime have to be one of these exact specified genres?
It's supposed to be one of those genres. You can use hentai for other challenges. There are plenty of standalone ecchi OVAs that are like softcore hentai, if you want to watch one of those for the challenge.
Mar 17, 2016 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
LackofAfro said:
Hey guys this might be a bit of a dumb question but would an anime labeled as a hentai satisfy the requirements of Watch a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai anime? Or does the anime have to be one of these exact specified genres?
It's supposed to be one of those genres. You can use hentai for other challenges. There are plenty of standalone ecchi OVAs that are like softcore hentai, if you want to watch one of those for the challenge.

Ah okay thank you for the information!^^
Mar 18, 2016 5:10 AM

Jan 2016
So I really can't find anything that I want to watch for the 3-cours anime challenge and I give up on watching Death Note. Can't I use a special like Soul Eater Late Night Show instead? It does fit the description for a 3 cour anime, does it not?
StitchMar 18, 2016 5:19 AM
Mar 18, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
Nikechu said:
So I really can't find anything that I want to watch for the 3-cours anime challenge and I give up on watching Death Note. Can't I use a special like Soul Eater Late Night Show instead? It does fit the description for a 3 cour anime, does it not?

Sure, you can use it for 3-cours challenge, since it has 51 episodes (was airing one year). The length of one episode is not important.
Mar 18, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2016
namea said:
Nikechu said:

Sure, you can use it for 3-cours challenge, since it has 51 episodes (was airing one year). The length of one episode is not important.

Thanks, I'm just not really up to watching any long shows right now...
Mar 18, 2016 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
@Nikechu Not even Fullmetal Alchemist caught your attention? It seems like a show you could like.
Mar 18, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2016
namea said:
@Nikechu Not even Fullmetal Alchemist caught your attention? It seems like a show you could like.
Not really, I watched like 4 episodes of it, but it really didn't get my attention. Idk maybe I'm just not up for it right now. Sometimes I want to watch action anime, other times I want to watch fantasy or romantic comedies and right now I'm more into watching comedy/harem anime. My interest in anime changes in time, I guess that's just an odd thing about me....
Mar 18, 2016 6:18 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Answering some questions that I didn't see already answered (if they were then sorry, seems I didn't see it)

Nikechu said:
Would Kurozuka count as an anime "that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"?

I haven't seen this one but from what I could read here and there, the focus doesn't seem to be the romantic relationship.

KMH said:
I have a question about Blade of the Phantom Master. It's a co-production between a Korean and Japanese company, would it count for

Since it seems "The project represented the first time Korean and Japanese creators had ever collaborated on an animated film[...]" then let's honor this and allow it for that specific item. So, go ahead and use it.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 18, 2016 6:20 AM

Jan 2016
@SheyCroix Ok if I can quickly catch your attention before you go, what could you recommend that focuses on anime with a romantic relationship? Preferably a comedy romance with roughly 12 eps.
Mar 18, 2016 6:33 AM

Aug 2015
XengRyu said:
Thanks! I'll watch more so I can switch or replace other entries that feels right. ( ̄▽ ̄)

A Ronin is a professional in his field, since that is a way of earning a living. Any job, as unconventional or shady as it may be, it's still a profession if that's how the person earns money and pays his bills. For instance, I would consider a bank robber a professional in his field, although I'm sure other people might disagree with me on that.
Mar 18, 2016 6:40 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nikechu said:
@SheyCroix Ok if I can quickly catch your attention before you go, what could you recommend that focuses on anime with a romantic relationship? Preferably a comedy romance with roughly 12 eps.

From what I have seen I can only think of
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12291/Acchi_Kocchi_TV
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21995/Ao_Haru_Ride
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7817/B_Gata_H_Kei ♥ ♥
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15583/Date_A_Live (kind of romantic couple)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/243/Gravitation (shounen ai)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3092/Junjou_Romantica (shounen ai)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3503/Kanokon

and got tired to look for more xD

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 18, 2016 6:42 AM

Jan 2016
SheyCroix said:

and got tired to look for more xD

Haha I understand, that's more than enough, thanks for linking them as well :)
Mar 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2015
Is Gurren Lagann considered a original anime? It did start airing before the manga start, but I'm still not sure?...
Mar 18, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
-Lorraine- said:
Is Gurren Lagann considered a original anime? It did start airing before the manga start, but I'm still not sure?...

Yes, the source in database is stated as original.
Mar 18, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2012
SheyCroix said:
KMH said:

Since it seems "The project represented the first time Korean and Japanese creators had ever collaborated on an animated film[...]" then let's honor this and allow it for that specific item. So, go ahead and use it.

Wait, so you aren't going to allow other joint productions for this challenge? I'm watching Dae Jang Geum: Jang Geum's Dream for this one. I just thought that since according to MAL it's both Korean and Japanese it would qualify.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 18, 2016 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
So_Phia said:
I've watched a couple of anime for the past three months, but I've only posted my challenge application today. Can the anime that I completed still count since it's in the challenge period (2016) even though I turned in my application later? Or do I have to watch other anime starting today?

(still related to challenge) How can I see the history of anime entries after January 1st, 2016? I can't seem to go past Feb 20th T_T (If above question is yes, I'm going to do it)
Yes, you can include any anime that you watched in the challenge period.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/So_Phia?status=2&order=3&order2=0
Here's a link to your list ordered by when you started them. Akame ga Kill! is the first anime you started in 2016 and you have 16 anime that you may use towards the challenge.
Mar 18, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
So_Phia said:
(still related to challenge) How can I see the history of anime entries after January 1st, 2016? I can't seem to go past Feb 20th T_T (If above question is yes, I'm going to do it)

On any anime page, use the "edit (details)" link, then the "history" link near the episode count. This goes back years if you bothered to increment each episode at the time.

(There are other ways to access it, but this is the most universal and reliable.)
Mar 18, 2016 11:37 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
SleepingBear said:
Wait, so you aren't going to allow other joint productions for this challenge? I'm watching Dae Jang Geum: Jang Geum's Dream for this one. I just thought that since according to MAL it's both Korean and Japanese it would qualify.

It depends, but yeah. You can use that one too.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Nikechu said:
Would Kurozuka count as an anime "that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"?

I know SheyCroix already answered you but ...
I've seen the anime and I think it does count for the challenge.
Probably doesnt fit it as good as some other shows but it does have a romantic relationship that's a decent part of the story.
Mar 19, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
PrOxAnto said:
Nikechu said:

I know SheyCroix already answered you but ...
I've seen the anime and I think it does count for the challenge.
Probably doesnt fit it as good as some other shows but it does have a romantic relationship that's a decent part of the story.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll just watch one of the suggestions he mentioned. That way I know for sure they are valid in the challenge. I'm not a huge fan of romantic relationships, but if it's funny or got an interesting (or rather full of gore or so) plot then I'll watch it :P
Mar 19, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
But earning a living =/= having a profession.

Also in order to be a samurai, you must be born into a social class to undergo. You could be a soldier but unless you were born into the social class, you were unable to be a samurai.
Mar 19, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 2014
Puchkov said:
XengRyu said:
Thanks! I'll watch more so I can switch or replace other entries that feels right. ( ̄▽ ̄)

A Ronin is a professional in his field, since that is a way of earning a living. Any job, as unconventional or shady as it may be, it's still a profession if that's how the person earns money and pays his bills. For instance, I would consider a bank robber a professional in his field, although I'm sure other people might disagree with me on that.
There are rules around the differences between an occupation and a profession. One important factor is schooling. If you didn't need to go to school for it then it probably isn't a profession and therefore you are not a professional in that field. For example a waitress is not a professional but a cook may be. Anything entertainment related tends to not be paid (sports, music, writing, art), so if you do something like that for your main source of income then you are a professional in that field.
Mar 20, 2016 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
namea said:
Fantastic Children
Gakuen Alice
Bokurano - I really recommend this one, though they are 13, I'm not sure if that pass as there's "They will be considered children if they aren't older than 12 years old (until 14 is accepted as a special exception)" in rules.

Once Again thanks for the recommendations ^^

Will watch Bokurano for sure. To be honest in my view some one under age would be a child xD. But will keep to the rules :P

Before starting it want to confirm, Does Lovely★Complex fit onto "» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship " fit into this category ? (By synopsis it seems it does, but want to be 100% sure )

Feel kinda bad for the poor guy 1,56 cm is really short.

Being 1,84cm once I had a GF who has 1,46cm tall . People would often stare at how much a height deference there was, really interest in watching this one . (Even it doesn't apply for the challenge will watch =P )
jhoson14Mar 20, 2016 12:54 AM
Mar 20, 2016 2:13 AM

Nov 2014
Suggestions?

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge

Mar 20, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2009
jhoson14 said:

Once Again thanks for the recommendations ^^

Will watch Bokurano for sure. To be honest in my view some one under age would be a child xD. But will keep to the rules :P

Before starting it want to confirm, Does Lovely★Complex fit onto "» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship " fit into this category ? (By synopsis it seems it does, but want to be 100% sure )

Feel kinda bad for the poor guy 1,56 cm is really short.

Being 1,84cm once I had a GF who has 1,46cm tall . People would often stare at how much a height deference there was, really interest in watching this one . (Even it doesn't apply for the challenge will watch =P )

I hope you'll enjoy Bokurano ^^ And yes, Lovely Complex definitely fits that category. Big difference in height in a couple is always amusing, especially here, since the roles are reversed. It's my favorite rom-com. Have fun~
Mar 20, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
ExTamplier said:
Suggestions?

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I used Ima, Soko ni Iru Bokufor the challenge, so that works.

I recommend Shion no Ou
Mar 20, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
Hey guys! I need your help with these two, mind recommending me something? Thanks!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2014
It's quite hard to recommend something to someone who watched more than 1000 anime :-)

AyameTenshi said:

Skip Beat!

AyameTenshi said:

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Mar 20, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2012

Oh, thank you very much! I myself have problems choosing what to watch next, it can get quite difficult from time to time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Puchkov said:

There are rules around the differences between an occupation and a profession. One important factor is schooling. If you didn't need to go to school for it then it probably isn't a profession and therefore you are not a professional in that field. For example a waitress is not a professional but a cook may be. Anything entertainment related tends to not be paid (sports, music, writing, art), so if you do something like that for your main source of income then you are a professional in that field.

That view is too shortsighted; by the definition that you're providing Bill Gates (wealthiest person alive according to Forbes) is Not a professional in his field, since he is College dropout and never got a Bachelor degree.
Mar 20, 2016 1:08 PM

Nov 2014
AudioTsunami said:
ExTamplier said:
Suggestions?

I used Ima, Soko ni Iru Bokufor the challenge, so that works.

I recommend Shion no Ou
ok, thank you for both suggestions.

Mar 20, 2016 2:35 PM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011
So what counts as "anime focused on non-romantic relationships"? Anything without a couple in it? Or does it really have to focus on relationships? For example, would Ping Pong The Animation work for it?
Mar 20, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah, it has to be about relationships that are non-romantic but...

...Ping Pong works BECAUSE it focuses on the non-romantic relationships between Kong, Dragon, Smile, Pico, and Demon, between Smile and Butterfly Joe, and between Joe, Baba, and President

A lot of things work for that challenge because you can make a case for almost anything. Even stuff with the "romantic" tag. I find the romantic relationship challenge much harder, especially if you take it literally.

Things that work for non-romantic relationships challenge: any sports anime(except maybe Adachi works), any work anime, most shounens where they use the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP like Hunter x Hunter, YYH, or Pokemon or are focused on a rivalry like Hikaru no Go, Most magical girl shows including Madoka, any sentimental character pieces like the Girl and Cat show that's airing right now or Tokyo Godfathers, most slice of life even many labeled with the romance tag like Nana and Sakamichi no Apollon where it's easily argued that the romance isn't the focus of the show.

Things that work for romantic relationship challenge: One Boy-One Girl mostly SoL shows that show them getting together. Stuff like Blue Spring Ride, Love Com, Ore Monogatari, Kimi ni Todoke, ect.
AudioTsunamiMar 20, 2016 3:32 PM
Mar 20, 2016 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
I was going to use Paradise Kiss for the romantic relationship, but now I'm not sure if it fits... As I know little about that anime I'm asking here, is it ok?
Mar 20, 2016 7:31 PM

Mar 2013
simon443 said:
I was going to use Paradise Kiss for the romantic relationship, but now I'm not sure if it fits... As I know little about that anime I'm asking here, is it ok?

Eh, I think it's close enough to pass, but if one was being really technical, there is an arguement against it counting(the arguement being that the show is a coming of age story about the MC girl and the pitfalls of being young and dumb while trying to navigate through many facets of life). Honestly though , I'm the only one that takes that category that literally. I'm positive when Shey checks your submission that he won't bat an eye at it if you use it

I used the second season of Snow White with the Red Hair, and I'm not sure what I'm using for my second pass through.
AudioTsunamiMar 20, 2016 7:37 PM
Mar 21, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
AudioTsunami said:

Eh, I think it's close enough to pass, but if one was being really technical, there is an arguement against it counting(the arguement being that the show is a coming of age story about the MC girl and the pitfalls of being young and dumb while trying to navigate through many facets of life). Honestly though , I'm the only one that takes that category that literally. I'm positive when Shey checks your submission that he won't bat an eye at it if you use it

I used the second season of Snow White with the Red Hair, and I'm not sure what I'm using for my second pass through.

I'll stick with it then.
How about Ah! My Goddess for your second run? I can't remember a more romance focused anime... but I'm not as strict as you so don't take it for granted
Mar 21, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
Can someone recommend me an anime for anime recommended by another participant.

If possible recommend me an anime you think I should watch from my plan to watch list.

Over 100 anime sitting in my PTW list lol.....

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Thnx4dafood?status=6&tag=

pref. less than 50 episodes...
Mar 21, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
Thnx4dafood said:

From your PTW list I would go with one of those:
Thnx4dafood said:
Over 100 anime sitting in my PTW list lol......
I have like 600 on PTW list :D
Mar 21, 2016 12:48 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
AudioTsunami said:
simon443 said:

eh~, come on. Don't say that as if I don't care -__-
But honestly Paradise Kiss is in the border line lol Since it does have some focus to their relationship but I can't completely agree it's the main focus, even if that has some impact in their future and blah, blah....

Thnx4dafood said:
If possible recommend me an anime you think I should watch from my plan to watch list.
Over 100 anime sitting in my PTW list lol.....
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Thnx4dafood?status=6&tag=
pref. less than 50 episodes...

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24833/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu_TV
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12189/Hyouka
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16664/Kaguya-hime_no_Monogatari
http://myanimelist.net/anime/18153/Kyoukai_no_Kanata
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21557/Omoide_no_Marnie
http://myanimelist.net/anime/326/Petshop_of_Horrors (lol)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/199/Sen_to_Chihiro_no_Kamikakushi
http://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28621/Subete_ga_F_ni_Naru__The_Perfect_Insider
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22319/Tokyo_Ghoul
http://myanimelist.net/anime/26165/Yuri_Kuma_Arashi
http://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If the world was ending tomorrow

JoeChip - Yesterday

39 by MinakoBestGirl »»
2 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - Jun 17

29 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei? ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Jun 17

51 by Starfallash »»
8 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

88 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

49 by DesuMaiden »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.