Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2016 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
lmao so bad. this being a 9 is more of a mystery than who the killer was.
Mar 10, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
5/5 episode for shure as an anime watcher... I hope the last ep would be like 27 min or something lets see but until now they have been doing a wonderful job

What will occur to satoru? We will have to wait
Mar 10, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
TheSusurrous said:
Ok the number of suspects could have been larger and more elaborate, but honestly I am glad that the teacher is the villain since it actually makes sense. Mystery series/movies that just pull a culprit out of thin air for the sake of surprise aren't really that satisfying either, even if they can explain it with ridiculous timings and super saiyan skills (often from some 90+ old-timer who barley gets out of bed in the morning).

couldn't be more true
Mar 10, 2016 6:06 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is fucking brilliant. They were able to build onto characters 10 episodes into the series. Kenya showing his passionate side and getting upset when Aya bashed their hideout. Then Satoru getting upset about her talking bad about heroes. Then Kazu steps up and talks about the hideout and eventually Aya and himself become really close!

Just sheer brilliance, I hated Kenya before this episode and just because he finally showed some emotion I like him now.
Sachiko...fantastic Mother I love her, she's the best!

That scum bag teacher though...predictable but my god I hope he gets what's coming.

Music, VA's animation, Characters all 10/10

Looking forward to hopefully 2 45 minute episodes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 10, 2016 6:12 PM
Oct 2015
I come here to save you all from the insanity of not knowing why does the sensei smacks his fingers towards the driving wheel.

My theory is that in episode 9 the sensei is driving HIS car so the director shows us his finger smacking the wheel, satoru realize it, so clearly there is something there. On episode 10 same thing happens and satoru also notice it, but there is a slight difference here, wich is, sensei is wearing gloves and not just wool gloves for the cold, those are leather gloves, since that car is not sensei's car and its about to murder satoru he doesn't want to leave finger prints on the driving wheel.
Mar 10, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2014
TheSusurrous said:
Ok the number of suspects could have been larger and more elaborate, but honestly I am glad that the teacher is the villain since it actually makes sense. Mystery series/movies that just pull a culprit out of thin air for the sake of surprise aren't really that satisfying either, even if they can explain it with ridiculous timings and super saiyan skills (often from some 90+ old-timer who barley gets out of bed in the morning).

saying it could have been worst does not excuse how lazy the mistery is
Mar 10, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2014
And the writer be like "lol they sure didn't expect that".

no.
Mar 10, 2016 6:15 PM
Sep 2014
abaddona_xe said:
TheSusurrous said:

couldn't be more true

I appreciate the amount of detail spent in previous episodes to set him up as the killer. Details such as him using his position as a teacher to lure kids out made sense when he was giving advice to Satoru on how to approach girls. It also didn't cross my mind that when he was picking up Satoru and his mother that the reason why he was there in the first place was to kidnap Aya. Theres a huge payoff after the reveal when you can refresh to the previous episodes and look back at all of the things that the killer did and realize that everything fit the bill or that every one of his actions was meticulously planned.

The anime did such a good job setting him up as a killer but then barely gave any attention the other suspects is a shame because if they had, that reveal could have been amazing.
Mar 10, 2016 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
WELP, didn't think the guy would just reveal himself.
I don't see how the MC will survive this, considering he said another revival was impossible and all.
Rip.

I do wonder how this will wrap up.
Mar 10, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
I was really not expecting it to be the teacher but not upset that he is the killer. Towards the end I got this wierd feeling of dread, and I hope Satoru is going to make out alive.
Mar 10, 2016 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
Kittens-kun said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
oh get real. its not that difficult to slip out of a seatbelt; not to mention youre a short kid who can do it easily as well. Hes not even trying.
Ever think he made it so no one can get it unlocked? Like glue...
Uh, yeah, the buckle was obviously tampered with. Im saying all you have to do is move the shoulder strap behind you, then just push yourself out of the waist strap. Its not like hes bound tight to the seat.
Mar 10, 2016 6:35 PM
May 2014
I can honestly say this is the only time I can recall where I saw a plot twist coming, but so desperately didn't want it to be true that I actively dismissed it. Why am I watching this while it airs? I NEED to know what happens next D:

On a related note, I do find it more than a bit stupid that he couldn't simply slip out of the seatbelt...
Mar 10, 2016 6:36 PM
Mar 2016
I'm definitely reading the manga after last two episodes air. I know someone said it was confusing watching them at the same time.I suspected the sensei from the start!
Mar 10, 2016 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Kittens-kun said:
Ever think he made it so no one can get it unlocked? Like glue...
Uh, yeah, the buckle was obviously tampered with. Im saying all you have to do is move the shoulder strap behind you, then just push yourself out of the waist strap. Its not like hes bound tight to the seat.

He could've pulled the handbrake, cried for help, and many other things.
This show is not trying to be realistic, it creates difficult situations conveniently, that's why some ppl are calling it forced drama.

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Mar 10, 2016 6:45 PM
Oct 2015
So MAL I'm waiting for this to end to marathon it. I heard some fag over at ANN said this ruined the series for him, but he also gave Terror in Resonance an A in the same day which I thought was a disappointment. Is this episode really a deal breaker or should I still get thorough enjoyment? (Obvly I know its subjective, just trying to get a consensus here.)
Mar 10, 2016 6:50 PM

Oct 2014
Mr_Ree said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

He could've pulled the handbrake, cried for help, and many other things.
This show is not trying to be realistic, it creates difficult situations conveniently, that's why some ppl are calling it forced drama.

this show really is forcing the tension by presenting situations that could easily be fixed if the characters thought about it
Mar 10, 2016 6:54 PM

Feb 2016
I seriously never expected the teacher to be the killer
Mar 10, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
The simple fact that Satoru trusted the teatcher gave it away it was him.

It's a pattern that happens a lot in mistery novels/movies/anime etc

Anyway Satoru is 30 years old, he should've know better than that, what's the point of having his old self in his younger self body if he's going to think like a kid
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 10, 2016 7:13 PM

Aug 2011
Keikaku doori: the episode. The shade on Sensei was finally confirmed! Twisted bastard. xD

Since the true culprit was being revealed this ep, I liked how the show finally shed all the red herrings off of Kenya & made him act like an actual kid for once. Wished ppl had more faith on him up to this point. Yes, he's smarter than most kids of his age, but i never once saw any ill intent from him.
Mar 10, 2016 7:15 PM
Apr 2015
the teacher or Satoru himself. Those were the ones i'm suspicious of, and woah, it's actually the former.

hmmm, in an anime watcher's pov, this feels rushed to me. I seriously need to read the manga.
Mar 10, 2016 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
One of the best episodes so far in my opinion.
Mar 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Insanely obvious right from the start when the mom knew the killer and the killer her.
Mar 10, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
So alot of people are saying that Saturo wasn't focused enough on the killer, but what could he have done? Obviously if he paid enough attention he could have prevented his own death, but in this timeline Sensei hasn't actually done anything yet so he can't be punished. I knew right after Saturo saved Kayo and continued to try to help the other victims that the killer would take notice of him and just wreck him; at the end of the day he's just a boy.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Mar 10, 2016 7:24 PM
Mar 2012
danieltortoisee said:
bigbusiness said:

Because if it's predictable, it's not really a plot twist, now is it....

Seriously, try to think up some of your greatest anime and television shows. Do you think Breaking Bad would have been critically acclaimed had it had "predictable" plot twists? Or The Sopranos for that matter. Or Fargo.

Plenty of great anime thrive off of being unpredictable while still being believable. Hunter x Hunter is a perfect example.

For that first point, that's why I put plot twist in quotes when referring to Yashiro as the killer.
Also, lots of things are critically acclaimed despite being predictable. Take most Shakespeare tragedies for instance. Sure, they have small twists here and there, but they're all predictable in that they all follow a set structure that is very easy to follow and anticipate.

Would being more unexpected have benefitted these stories? Perhaps, but having unpredictable plot twists does not necessarily make something good. Take Frozen for instance, or even Terminator: Genisys. Both have unexpected plot twists but neither are actually that good; Frozen's decent but would have better if it didn't sacrifice common sense for the sake of surprise with Hans, and the less said about Terminator: Genisys, the better.

Also, even if something has unpredictable yet believable plot twists, that does not in any way guarantee any degree of quality over something with predictable plot twists like this (or in general, for that matter).

It's not about being predictable or not. Rather, its how the series has carried itself up to this point. At the end of the day, there is a mystery aspect to the show that grabbed a lot of people. It was handled INCREDIBLY poorly. The MC is down-right stupid as well. I actually like when my MC's are more realistic/human and I don't expect them to be perfect with no flaws and to make every right move... hell, I don't even need my MC to act realistic if the set-up for the show is unrealistic. But that's not the case here. Aside from the revivals, ERASED is pretty grounded in reality. Our MC is just stupid and it's frustrating from a viewer's perspective.

You can mention Shakespere to buffer your argument and sound educated all you want, but that isn't going to excuse the faults of ERASED. Is episode 10 a deal breaker for me? No. But I had not been enjoying the series much for the last few episodes, and even episode 1 had a plethora of problems with it.

I think this episode was just the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.
Mar 10, 2016 7:28 PM
Mar 2012
Kittens-kun said:
PaperCutAssassin said:

Considering it's a mystery... I'd say yes
There's only two episodes left. You people are acting like it's been obvious the entire time...

I called it on the first scene of episode 2. I confirmed my suspicions in episode 3. The average viewer was spoon-fed the answer in episode 3. Then episode 9 bludgeoned us over our heads with the answer.

Anyone who didn't suspect the teacher in some capacity... I don't know what to tell you.
Mar 10, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
The reveal... pretty underwhelming. But the directing was on point.

4/5
Mar 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Dec 2012
I've called it from the beginning and the revelation still shocked me.
Mar 10, 2016 7:44 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I like how the revelation was executed in this episode. I was already having suspicions about him in the past episodes, but it all came into light now. Brilliant. When I saw the teacher's creepy face before the intermission.......lol.
Mar 10, 2016 8:00 PM

Oct 2015
First of all, there's still 2 more episodes left. and yes, we should focus on why he's doing it rather than who is doing it, because it was obvious from the start that the teacher was the culprit. but i think it could've been better if they didn't show the figure of Yashiro when he killed Sachiko and when Satoru was arrested ( it was so obvious ffs! ). But, it is still a brilliant show and i'm looking forward to how it's gonna wrap up! if it ends up in a clever way then i might give it a perfect score
Mar 10, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2015
My guess is that there's more to it than just the teacher being the killer and that being the end of it. At least I hope there is
Mar 10, 2016 8:05 PM
Aug 2015
I always thought the teacher was a red herring. The films ripped in half got the tears flowing. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THE FACT THAT SATORU IS PRETTY MUCH DYING.
Mar 10, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2014
Those red eyes were so cliche, yet I still really liked the episode anyway. I've had my suspicions on the teacher for a while when I was still open to other possible suspects, and the episode two weeks ago pretty much confirmed my belief that he's the killer. Now it's only a matter of time before why Yashiro dunnit.
I need sleep.
Mar 10, 2016 8:16 PM
Mar 2016
Holy shit this episode.
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew it was the teacher but I just couldn't accept it so I didn't think it was him but damn!!!!!!!
Mar 10, 2016 8:18 PM
Oct 2013
I disagree with the (seemingly) common sentiment that it was obvious from the start that the teacher did it. It does turn out that way if you logically think through the named/important/developed characters in the past, but I think that falls away a bit if you consider the possibility of the introduction of someone new/ manipulating the shadows w/e kind of character. Nevertheless, I think the most important aspect is that if you don't work under the assumption that the killer IS someone you know, you have a bit less reason to suspect the teacher. And under that decreased suspicion, the viewer kind of falls into the same pitfall that Satoru did, namely that we overlook him because he seems rather trustworthy and helpful, so we stop to consider him, when confronted with the alternate possibility of some unseen opponent.
Mar 10, 2016 8:19 PM

Aug 2015
I can't say much about how predictable it is, but the execution is top notch. All the visual effects and direction are amazing. The way the screen shattered and the subtle transitions into the tunnel, everything was thrilling.
Mar 10, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
I freaking LOVED Yashiro. His voice is amazing. :/ Too bad he's the bad guy! Which was kind of expected all along.

Whoever told me long ago that the time travel aspect of this show is just a freaking "metaphor" is miles wrong. haha

Anyways, hated that ending. Such a dang cliffhanger. Hope to see a "happy" ending even though it seems impossible.

AND YES. I was correct with the thing regarding certain things in the timeline still occurring even with interference from Satoru. Instead of the other girls (except Hiromi), the victim became Satoru.

Most of my predictions were correct but people marked me as crazy. -.-
Mar 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
Kittens-kun said:
A-list_96 said:
So obvious, this series just dropped from a 7 to a 6 imo.
So it being easy to figure out makes it bad in your opinion?

Yes, kills the tension. Predictability is never a good thing in a show or movie.
Mar 10, 2016 8:35 PM

Nov 2014
I can't believe they cut the teacher's back story... Someone said it's about the "why", and not the who... If there's no back story on the story,then?I think it will be in the next episode.

This episode in a nutshell
GhoultulhuMar 10, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 10, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2014
Well I knew it! Great episode and very suspenseful :D
Mar 10, 2016 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
Hisokath said:
I can't believe they cut the teacher's back story... Someone said it's about the "why", and not the who... If there's no back story on the story,then?
What do you mean? The backstory from when he was a child? We wouldn't get that until next episode if they did it. The manga had the backstory of the teacher after this scene.
Mar 10, 2016 8:54 PM
Jan 2016
Finally the sensei have showen his true colour .

Mar 10, 2016 8:59 PM

Aug 2015
The beginning certainly felt rushed, although that was to be expected. The reveal wasn't really special since the culprit was obvious. Pretty decent episode I guess. 3/5
Mar 10, 2016 9:08 PM

Apr 2013
Hisokath said:
I can't believe they cut the teacher's back story...

They didn't. Gaku's backstory is after the reveal. I'd assume it's what the next episode will be about considering spider threads have been present throughout the anime at various points and in the ending. It would be stupid if they left that symbolism in and didn't explain it.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Mar 10, 2016 9:10 PM

Nov 2014
Sensei is the killer is expected from earlier. Lack of mystery and suspense
Mar 10, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2015
It was a suspenseful episode, but it just didn't pay off in its culmination, sadly. Felt weak.
Mar 10, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
I'm glad it was played straight and ended up being the teacher. He's been the most suspicious for a long time now so making the killer anyone else would have been rage inducing.

I just want to see future Kayo now, haha.
Mar 10, 2016 9:21 PM

Oct 2014
Psychopathy being shown in such a cliche way. Sensei looked like Light Yagami. Nothing I haven't seen a million times before. These annoying little things are what make this show extremely overrated for me. This was the weakest episode of the series...
Mar 10, 2016 9:26 PM

Sep 2014
EP 10 Subete Ga F....oh wait. I mean....

Well fuck. Everyone and their mother called out this shit from almost ep 1. It truly is Subete all over again. I kinda called that and wish it wasn't true.

His facial expressions will never get old.:laugh:

The teacher, which was obvious, was a real let down the way they did it...........that's it.
Oh yeah, and they used the girl as bait to think she was the next victim. Meh.

The only thing that stood out to me was the basketball. I have a feeling that it's going to rise, hit him in the head, and he will find some way to McGyver the air out of it to give him enough time and air to escape. Hell, I would't be surprised if Kayo or his mom came out of nowhere and saved him. Or his stuttering friend.

Lastly, the scene from the OP that kinda throws me off.

I'm starting to lose hope and am just about ready to mark this off as another meh ending like Subete. Hell, the Butterfly Effect movie ending would have made more sense at this point.
Mar 10, 2016 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
Knew it was the teacher, it was so obvious.
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1406 by akntmzjtj »»
Yesterday, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by MrList »»
Jun 24, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

499 by MrList »»
Jun 24, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

582 by MrList »»
Jun 24, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by MrList »»
Jun 24, 12:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.