Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
ainky said:
That breakfast scene...right in the feels...

^This, that one hit really hard T.T It was my favorite episode yet from the tension of the beginning to all the happiness and funny parts in the middle to the awesome ending. 12/10

Sachiko: Am I in the way?
Satoru: Yes

Hilarious, not to mention Sachiko gets greatest mom in anime EVER
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 25, 2016 7:35 PM

Oct 2014
LeviathanTheEsp said:
gabrielrroiz said:

they alread revealed it for everyone that is not a retard keeping his motives hidden only makes the story even more boring than it already is

Who do you think he is, then (If necessary, use spoiler tags)?

i think(and know)it is the teacher and i do not consider that a spoiler
Feb 25, 2016 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
and everybody knows so the mistery is pointless

They don't know his reasons so it simply isn't pointless.
in death note no one of the investigators know who the killer was but the audience was aware of who he was and his reasons that was what made the mind games between light and l exciting

Fucking lol. What does that even have to do with erased? They're not even remotely similar.
Feb 25, 2016 7:46 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:
and everybody knows so the mistery is pointless

in death note no one of the investigators know who the killer was but the audience was aware of who he was and his reasons that was what made the mind games between light and l exciting

Fucking lol. What does that even have to do with erased? They're not even remotely similar.

i already gave you two examples of how to make the premise of obvious killer right(monster and death note) and his reason are pointless because i know they will be infodumped later making all the speculations of the audience useless
Feb 25, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Z4k said:

i already gave you two examples of how to make the premise of obvious killer right(monster and death note) and his reason are pointless because i know they will be infodumped later making all the speculations of the audience useless

First of all, you seem to lack basic reading comprehension because I've been saying times and times this is from Satoru's pov not the culprit or the killer like the series you've mentioned. The killer may seem obvious to you but Satoru has yet to find the culprit's identity and the story doesn't finish after his nature is revealed. There's more to the it than you think there is.

Second, Death note and Monster's premise is in no way similar to Erased. I have literally no idea about your reasoning behind this comparison.
Feb 25, 2016 8:09 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:

First of all, you seem to lack basic reading comprehension because I've been saying times and times this is from Satoru's pov not the culprit or the killer like the series you've mentioned. The killer may seem obvious to you but Satoru has yet to find the culprit's identity and the story doesn't finish after his nature is revealed. There's more to the it than you think there is.

Second, Death note and Monster's premise is in no way similar to Erased. I have literally no idea about your reasoning behind this comparison.

and you seem to miss basic comprehension of what i am saying i basically pointed out to you why the mistery in those two animes worked and how the mistery of not knowing who is the murder and his reason is just wasting time in erased since it should have been revealed a long time ago
Feb 25, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
Another teriffic beyond words episode, I think this may have been the best so far!
Feb 25, 2016 8:14 PM
Oct 2015
This the first in this series that actually made me to cry of happiness and this is my favorite episode for this series. And the final scene though, man...
Feb 25, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Z4k said:

and you seem to miss basic comprehension of what i am saying i basically pointed out to you why the mistery in those two animes worked and how the mistery of not knowing who is the murder and his reason is just wasting time in erased since it should have been revealed a long time ago

I've said this before, but Erased *presents* itself at least *partly* as a murder mystery, and so far, it hasn't been doing a very good job at that. The clues are too obvious.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Feb 25, 2016 8:17 PM
Jan 2015
that fucking teacher...
Feb 25, 2016 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't thought I would get teary eyes over a breakfast. It's odd how it never crossed my thought that I always had normal breakfast, often pancakes and other stuff, while a lot of abused children or poor children (or whatever else reason) can get nothing for breakfast or close to nothing. It make me feel like a scumbag for never have thought about I can be lucky to have a normal life :|

Anyway, fuck the mom. And it look like she'll finally get fucked for real! By the awesome mom! :D

There is still the problem with the killer. I mean, I'm pretty sure he has decided already that Kayo is his target. So taking her away from her mom will make his task harder, but it won't stop him. He also didn't killed her in the bus for a reason. It looked like he wanted them to move out.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 25, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2014
LightBladeNova said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I've said this before, but Erased *presents* itself at least *partly* as a murder mystery, and so far, it hasn't been doing a very good job at that. The clues are too obvious.

making the muder obvious is not my problem if they tried to slowly give clues about his reason so the audience could especulate about it(like anime like monster did)i would have no problem with it but when they refused to give any information about the character despite clearly showing he is the killer the mistery aspect becomes pointless
Feb 25, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
and you seem to miss basic comprehension of what i am saying

Kek. English please.
i basically pointed out to you why the mistery in those two animes worked

The mystery in those two anime aren't similar to this at all genius. We already knew the killers right from the start unlike erased where it was unknown for the first few episode.
and how the mistery of not knowing who is the murder and his reason is just wasting time in erased since it should have been revealed a long time ago

How is it a waste of time? Elaborate.
Feb 25, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
I may or may not have just shed manly tears after this episode. That was beautiful. Excited to see more. Every episode does not disappoint!
Feb 25, 2016 8:39 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:
and you seem to miss basic comprehension of what i am saying

Kek. English please.
i basically pointed out to you why the mistery in those two animes worked

The mystery in those two anime aren't similar to this at all genius. We already knew the killers right from the start unlike erased where it was unknown for the first few episode.
and how the mistery of not knowing who is the murder and his reason is just wasting time in erased since it should have been revealed a long time ago

how many times do i have to keep pointing out this anime also make clear who the killer it just pretend to do not have done so
spending episodes by keeping suspense on a villain everyone in the audience is already specting to appear is the a big waste time
Feb 25, 2016 8:42 PM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Z4k said:

Kek. English please.

how many times do i have to keep pointing out this anime also make clear who the killer it just pretend to do not have done so
spending episodes by keeping suspense on a villain everyone in the audience is already specting to appear is the a big waste time

How is it a waste of time when it wasn't obvious in the beginning?
Feb 25, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:

How is it a waste of time when it wasn't obvious in the beginning?

it was obvious since he was introduced and it is not like it was the actions of the mc that solved the mistery the author clearly showed who is the murder so there is no reason to keep any mistery to begin with
gabrielrroizFeb 25, 2016 8:53 PM
Feb 25, 2016 8:52 PM

Jul 2015
Damn! When those flashbacks started to pop-up and Kayo started to cry I really lost it... ;_;

Feb 25, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:

it was obvious since he was introduced

How was it obvious? Elaborate.

he was the only introduced character despite the kids and satoru mother in the first 4 episode
by default he was the only and obvious suspect
Feb 25, 2016 9:04 PM
Jul 2007
Saddest breakfast scene I've ever seen... then they shock me with that horrible Mom trashing her room... God.
Feb 25, 2016 9:11 PM

Sep 2015
Satoru has guts all right :D
My heart breaks for Kayo again. Hope her mom suffers
Feb 25, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
DenjaX said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sigh I knew this was going to turn into one of those weepy crying anime. These sorts of cliche "feels" things just don't do it for me unfortunately. And the killer who has been super obvious since pretty much the start is now even more obvious for me. I don't know this show is still alright but it's just so much more cliche and typical to me now than ever. Why does every Japanese drama seem to have to come down to emotionally manipulating the viewer with touchy feely stuff revolving around cute girls, their suffering and catharsis in the long run and how often are shows going to keep playing this card for easy critical acclaim by fans in this medium?

And like I totally get it, nice breakfast by good anime mother, used to being treated like shit by the textbook bad anime mother, cute anime girl gets her break sort of finally, but why is this supposed to especially make me cry and lose my shit when it's again just kind of cliche? Probably a 3.5/5 episode regardless just because it finally manages to demonstrate that the show can function without need of cliffhanger every episode though it has to fall back on other typical anime standby's instead.
Nothing ever pleases you eh? I suggest you should find a new entertainment medium because you will always be disappointed with anime. Maybe it is time to let it go and move on.

donnovien said:
As a manga reader, I wonder about at what point they will end the anime... I have a guess though.

I think the live action gave me the answer. xDD

I kind of already have at this point as far as TV goes especially when this is apparently the best it can do dramatic topic and depiction wise. Just not satisfying enough and to much emphasis on sappy stuff. Not what I can call top notch material and its not like tv anime is much better with comedy these days
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 9:17 PM
Feb 25, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:

How was it obvious when the culprit was introduced? Prove it because it wasn't "obvious" until all the easy hints were laid out later on in the next few episodes.
and it is not like it was the actions of the mc that solved the mistery the author clearly showed who is the murder so there is no reason to keep any mistery to begin with

English please. I don't understand what you're trying to convey here.
Feb 25, 2016 9:37 PM
Nov 2013
This was such an amazing episode. The scene where Kayo started crying was so beautiful. I was very scared that Satoru's mother wouldn't act but she did, she is now literally the best anime mom that I've seen so far.
Feb 25, 2016 9:39 PM
Oct 2015
Feels everywhere on this episode. SO BEAUTIFUL MAN.

Sachiko is Mom of The Season

Brilliant episode. 9000/10
Feb 25, 2016 9:46 PM

Oct 2010
i knew he would cry when he got the gloves, also when she got the breakfast, so cliche it hurts (and one of the most annoying ones) -3 points, otherwise pretty good episode
Feb 25, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2016
I really loved this episode for its slower, more sol feel. It feels like the calm before the storm. Also, this episode really shows how crucial the values of family and friendship have been to this anime. It has slowly been developing, but this episode really brought that theme out. This episode also had a lot of comedy which I really liked. Great episode!
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Feb 25, 2016 10:10 PM

Oct 2012
chakracat said:
I thought it was gonna be rushed BUT

Dem transitions
Dat music
Dem themes
Dat suspension

And I actually teared up when Kayo cried, I haven't cried to an anime since After Story.

Holy fucking shit 11/10 I'm gonna fucking die when this show ends.
kyle8998 said:
"Am I in the way here?"
"Yeah"
My man Satoru!
"Baka nano?"
HNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

My thoughts exactly XD
This was such a good episode, and am I the only one who feels that Sensei is TOO obvious to be the killer? I mean I've noticed just as much as you guys have that he's conspicuous but I feel like he's a red herring.
Don't get me wrong, I'd bet that he is related to the crime somehow but I just don't think he's the killer.

Welp anyways Kayo is such a qt
And yokai is best mom 2016 xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 25, 2016 10:19 PM

Feb 2012
Cute episode, I laughed like hell when Satoru agreed that his mom got in the way, and became an emotional wreck to see Kayo cried tears of happiness / relief / gratitude all in the span of five minutes.

scottpilgrim10 said:
I wonder if he's going to do anything special for Hiromi too since he was also a part of the string of murders.

He did, by spending more time with him more. Hiromi originally was killed because he strayed away from his group of friends, making him an easy target.
Feb 25, 2016 10:23 PM

Aug 2012
When she saw that nicely cooked breakfast for the first time; Kayo baby :[
Feb 25, 2016 10:26 PM

Feb 2014
Crap! So the serial killer was right near Kayo in the beginning - Lucky she didn't get found.

Sachiko is one of my favorite anime mothers. In comparison to Kayo's mother (if you could even call her that) she encompasses all the characteristics a good parent should have <3.

I really want to see Kayo be removed from her situation for good next episode - I hope they can without the killer interfering.
Pre obvious who the killer is now
Feb 25, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
that breakfast scene was really touching. ;_;
and i love how supportive satoru's mom is, gives me such a warm feeling. <3
Feb 25, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2014
super fast pacing for the next 4 episodes
Feb 25, 2016 10:49 PM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
gabrielrroiz said:

How was it obvious when the culprit was introduced? Prove it because it wasn't "obvious" until all the easy hints were laid out later on in the next few episodes.
and it is not like it was the actions of the mc that solved the murders. the author clearly showed who is the murderer is so there is no reason to keep the mistery to begin with

English please. I don't understand what you're trying to convey here.

i fixed his sentence for you
Feb 25, 2016 10:55 PM

May 2012
hazZ_x64 said:
That teacher... "No, I have a feeling Kayo is safe. In fact, I know she is."
That is sooo fishy. Maybe, though, he is just an accomplice. Who did he call? The actual murderer? Did he obtain the intel that way?
Or he knew because Satoru's mum contacted him beforehand as she had a clue what was going on.

He new from Satoru's mother. It was clear that she was talking to him the whole time and this is why the teacher clearly knew that Satoru was involved.

I don't trust the teacher either, but in this case it really was just Satoru's mother informing him about was happening (Satoru keeping Kayo somewhere else).
I despise woke people.
Feb 25, 2016 11:41 PM

Sep 2014
Sweet baby J. That was sad all around.

So it wasn't his mom that showed up at the bus but the killer. How lucky was she? Then his mom, MOM THE CENTURY btw, figures it all out. At this point you finally realize just how bad she had it. When Sotaru's mom goes to pet them on the head she flinches in fear.......:crying:

But then you get the bad as Sotaru with his "yeah" reply. LOL.....until Kayo starts to cry again when she realizes how bad her life has been when offered breakfast.....:flip::crying:

But that last part was very bad ass. I can't wait to see what's going to happen.
Feb 25, 2016 11:41 PM

Sep 2014
Oh, what's up with the hamster wheel? Someone told me that it's a manga spoiler so they can't say.
Feb 25, 2016 11:43 PM
Oct 2015
Am I the only one who got teary-eyed in that breakfast scene?
Feb 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
justinztan said:
Am I the only one who got teary-eyed in that breakfast scene?

Obviously not...
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Feb 26, 2016 12:14 AM

Dec 2015
hahailham1 said:
i almost shed tears when that breakfast scene came. This is probably what we need after such a long and intense few episode, not to mention the cliffhanger. But i feel like next episode gonna be chaos or something along that.

will this cover the murderer's motive or the original source doesnt have it (yet)? since recently they announce novel about the murderer's motive. I also curious about where's the difference between original, first revival, and the second revival, in terms of killing method, or just the timing that is different.

4 wks to go and i'm still keeping myself not to read the manga, atleast until the anime ends, although i'm kinda spoiled a bit by the live action trailer.

The motive should be covered its actually pretty sick and sadistic.... Who knows if they have the time though. I think the director shot himself in the foot with pacing. There is literally too much to adapt without it being rushed and then ruining the adaptation. Literally everything that happens after this is important to the story and cannot be skipped. Also remember, Kayo isn't the only kidnap victim. There are 2 others, plus if you noticed someone else has been isolated which makes them a target during this whole story. That one is not so obvious though unless you clearly watch who is being pushed to the side during this whole time and its not an obvious character either.
Feb 26, 2016 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
awesomeness!!!!

feels when kayo gave satoru his birthday present
feels when kayo started crying (breakfast scene)

that ending was pretty awesome, in yo face kayo's mom.

sensei is still suspicious asf but i don't want to think he's the murderer because it's too obvious but wtfmanghasduas

11/10
Feb 26, 2016 12:41 AM

Aug 2012
Kayo's breakfast scene, too many feels.
Feb 26, 2016 1:14 AM

Dec 2014
Maybe I'm crazy, but the teacher is giving me weird vibes. Not interested in calling the police when Kayo is missing?
AnnaSartinFeb 26, 2016 6:13 AM
Feb 26, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2014
This episode was really good, it was relaxing and had loads of good humor. Definitely 100% giving this 10/10 it's so god damn good.
Feb 26, 2016 1:31 AM

Mar 2014
this ep's thought: mom's big boobs
Feb 26, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
Seeing Kayo cry for the first time got me. Very emotional episode
Feb 26, 2016 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
VanishingKira said:

4 episodes left,how many chapters left to adapt?

Episode 8 ended a few pages short of chapter 23 ending.
I could find RAW's up to chapter 43 on the internett, the final chapter should come out mid march. Am getting cold feet here, how do they plan on adapt 20 chapters in 4 episodes :-/
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 26, 2016 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
Damn I spoiled myself big time. My expectations for this series just took a nose dive to oblivion. HAND!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS MOVE ON YOUR OWN WHEN YOU SEE SPOILER BUTTONS!! Im gonna put this on-hold for now. Im gonna wait if the series is still well-received after it ends, if not, Im just gonna drop it.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 26, 2016 1:50 AM

Apr 2015
ZingFreelancer said:
VanishingKira said:

4 episodes left,how many chapters left to adapt?

I could find RAW's up to chapter 43 on the internett, the final chapter should come out mid march. Am getting cold feet here, how do they plan on adapt 20 chapters in 4 episodes :-/

20/4 = 5 Chapters Per Episode.

Yea I know
Feb 26, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2008
SmallDanger said:
ZingFreelancer said:

20/4 = 5 Chapters Per Episode.

Yea I know

Impossible.
There are a few "key" chapters which are essential to the story.
Since I read manga, I think that this series will end at chapter 31. From there on we will have a second season or a 6 episodes ova (25 min pr. episode). If they rush the remaining 20 chapters into 4 episodes, it will destroy the series quality.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any media like Erased

Alioli360 - May 25

41 by Batmankoji »»
Yesterday, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1402 by busconoviaaa »»
Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.