Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 22, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2009
it ended like that~ 2nd season pls~
Jun 22, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
I find it amusing how the lot of you are all going on about how there isn't enough romance/closure to the end of this series, but are all clamoring for a second season. XD

From what I gathered from the other thread, the director chose to animate this up to chapter 25, which is currently under half of what has come out already (50 chapters, someone said?). For one thing, they definitely have enough material for a season 2 ALREADY. For another, considering that they are halfway done with the material that is currently already out, it's not that big of a surprise that the romance hasn't developed or progressed as much as you all would like.

But then again, this show is so much more than just a rom-com. They actually have some deep lessons in life sprinkled in around the entire show amidst all the crazy situations that Ritsu and Usa find themselves in. I think the reason why everyone here enjoys the show so much is also because of this (well that and the fact that Mayumi and Sayaka are the best comedic couple that have graced anime in a long time now).

Personally, I too would love for a second season, because simply the end of this episode did not feel like the end of the story. Ritsu's kudere attitude towards everyone and her obvious obliviousness of her own feelings towards Usa are fun to watch. The entire 4 minutes of her being a drunk was so damn cute that I wish I could take her home. I would love to see if that Mitsui guy ever tried to pull something else further down the line (I'm plenty sure that Usa would kick his arse real good if he ever found out what transpired during that mixer). Wouldn't mind seeing Ritsu actually getting jealous of Usa over the ghost girl (though WE all know that she's actually pining for his colleague).

In the end I kept expecting some funny PV for the next episode. Fingers crossed that the directors and stuff come across this site, realize what a gem of a show they have, and actually consider a season 2.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
I love this show to death, but it's Brain's Base, so we'll never get a second season, even when there's enough material. Fantastic show.
Jun 22, 2014 4:11 PM

May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
They actually have some deep lessons in life sprinkled in around
Ah yes, very "deep" indeed, especially when they do nothing with said subtexts, just mention or reference them. The non-romance in-between filler drama is like that, but since it was filler, it can't go into real depths and explore the new side characters and their real problems, just on a superficial level to get to a satisfying heartwarming conclusion and returning to the status quo. That's why I can't rate slice of life highly, it just doesn't have the impact when everything stays the same and the characters still act the same. It comes with the genre.

Well once Mayumi and Shiro stopped being in your face comedy figures and acted like sympathetic flawed human beings, then I started liking the show. And yes for once having the protagonist work for his relationship, forcing him to stop being such a beta bitch. That's nice too. But any character development moves at snail's pace, which is a detriment to a single cour series.

I'm not hoping or wanting a 2nd season, I'll probably forget this in a week and it will just be something in my list.
Will replace it with Ao Haru Ride in the summer season.
Jun 22, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
Will we get season 2?
Jun 22, 2014 6:07 PM
Jul 2013
Well, the comedy in the show was really enjoyable.

But looking back, he got the phone number of a girl he is living with after 12 EPs.
Dat progression.

Any news about a second season? I usually don't enjoy stories that go basically nowhere but atleast the comedy was great.
Jun 22, 2014 6:39 PM

Mar 2012
Well, it's a fun ride although the pace felt a bit slow. Wonder if the manga is selling well, need S2 ASAP..
Keep moving forward
Jun 22, 2014 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
I really enjoyed this series a lot and hopefully it gets a Season 2
Jun 22, 2014 9:04 PM

Oct 2011
Was hoping for Usa to barge in and swoop Ritsu away from those people. With Mayumi and Sayaka of course. She was never her friend !!! Glad it's the last time I will see that girl!!!

Drunk Ritsu was ADORABLE !!!! @3@

Usa and Ritsu exchange numbers <3333

Will miss everyone from Kawai complex T________T

Wishing for season 2!!!
Jun 22, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
"What is this adorable creature." <--- my sentiments exactly.

Really good stuff this last episode, but it didn't feel like a real ending. I know it's supposed to open ended because there's so much more story to tell, but it didn't give me enough closure for my tastes. I'd be totally fine if I knew a 2nd season was coming, but since I don't, I don't feel completely satisfied.

Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed Kawaisou for all its great comedy and heartfelt moments.
Jun 22, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like what they did was really smart with the phone number exchange - solely because the most common complaint of any anime is the rushed ending.

IF they do release a S2, then building on from the cellphone exchange is probably better than starting with a kiss and then running out of things to do.

IF they don't, well I personally still don't have any problems.
I feel like rewatching this episode for the kawaii ritsu. :3

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 23, 2014 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Funny episode.
Sin, the series could develop and enrich more, than seen.
Twelve episodes though few, were good enough to prepare the ground for a second season. To start, you could give more characterization to the characters and finally put more meat to the fire to start, oh well.
Technique and good graphics, but look forward to the BD version to express myself better.
The best character is certainly Mayumi followed by Sayaka and Ritsu, then Shirosaki.
Final rating that does not change it remains at 7/10!
Jun 23, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2010
It was a pretty cute series.
Jun 23, 2014 5:55 AM

Oct 2013
lol @ at drunk Kawai haha she's the best XD
def in my top 3 anime of this spring season now its over T-T
season 2 please
I like the way they ended this def left room for another season
loved the character developemnt in this one they all had great personallities sucha a good SHOW
9/10 more please T-T
[/quote]
Jun 23, 2014 9:14 AM
Aug 2011
AsherFischell said:
I love this show to death, but it's Brain's Base, so we'll never get a second season, even when there's enough material. Fantastic show.

but this is in the process of a second season
perhaps Brains Base is slowly changing their ways

though I don't know how well this show did in comparison (I don't particularly follow sale figures)
I can't imagine it did all that well
Jun 23, 2014 11:10 AM
Jan 2013
To me, this series was good but I'm not totally satisfied. I liked the comedy but it really was getting repetitive and boring. It seems the romance is secondary on this series and that's why the relationship between these two is developing in an extremely slow pace. Anyway I wouldn't say no for a second season.

It's a 7/10 for me.
Jun 23, 2014 1:07 PM
Feb 2013
I was kind of hoping for a physically romantic ending, but maybe I just need to be a bit more open-minded.

I truly loved this anime. Hope to see more like it.
Jun 24, 2014 4:17 AM

Dec 2011
Get your hands off Ritsu you pervert!

Oh, never mind, the guy turned to look like Usa and it was just his imagination lol.

Couldn't Ritsu just leave the damned mixer and go home >.>

Poor Ritsu T.T

LOL, nice fantasies Usa XD

Ritsu getting drunk was really great and funny.

Awww, that's the end? No season 2?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 24, 2014 4:22 AM

Apr 2013
GToast said:
Well, the comedy in the show was really enjoyable.

But looking back, he got the phone number of a girl he is living with after 12 EPs.
Dat progression.

Any news about a second season? I usually don't enjoy stories that go basically nowhere but atleast the comedy was great.

Well , SoL anime have the tendency to have a slow pacing . So you should have expecting that. I dont know how much time have actually passed , in the anime , for him to get her number but to me it looks like a couple of months which , related to real life (it's a slice of life , duuuh) , is pretty much normal when you think that she's an introverted girl that wishes to interact as little as possible and only when necessary and he's overthinking everything. When someone acts like he does it means he rather not do anything if he cant do it with one try rather than try and see how he should proceed in order to success.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 24, 2014 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful this is such a wonderful anime i wish it had more episodes like up to 24 episodes well anyways i`m hoping for a season 2 of this 9/10 for me i just can`t get enough...
Jun 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
FUCK YOU BRAINS BASE, IF YOU DON'T DO A SECOND SEASON... Well, I'll just be curling in my bed and curse you for 2-3 days... BUT STILL, YOU BETTER DO A SECOND SEASON.

Drunk Ricchan was so fucking cute xD
She was almost honest :P
Also, Usa almost got is 20 points collection revealed.

That other girl, what she did was not cool at all. She didn't meant any bad, but still, she should have expected that she would feel unconfortable.

The guy at the goukon turning into Usa in his mid-phantasm was so great xD

In overall, it was a great season. I didn't expected much with the first few episode, it felt too slow paced. But the character grew on me, even if they beared huge tropes.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 24, 2014 9:55 PM
Jun 2012
What was in the box....
Jun 24, 2014 10:14 PM

Dec 2008
This is definitely one of the better slice-of-life series we've had served in a while. While a long shot, I hope we get to see more of these in the future (maybe not a full season but at least some OVAs would be nice).
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 24, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
HitoriTomoyo said:
This is definitely one of the better slice-of-life series we've had served in a while.

Totally disagree.
For me it is worst SOL series which I had seen for a while.
Annoying characters, (very, very) stupid humour, ton of fillers.
In the end, only art was very good.
I hope, that there will be no second season.
4/10 (only for beautiful art)
rsc-plJun 24, 2014 11:21 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 24, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
HitoriTomoyo said:
This is definitely one of the better slice-of-life series we've had served in a while. While a long shot, I hope we get to see more of these in the future (maybe not a full season but at least some OVAs would be nice).

I agree and so does a lot of people who want a second season of this *nod nod*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 24, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2009
best he can do is a number :(
Jun 25, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
overall that was a funny series, but idk, it missed something to be really enjoyable for me. 7/10
Jun 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww. A great ending. I wish I can see more of this.

9/10 for me, enjoyed every episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 2:06 PM
Jul 2010
Gonxa said:
This show set the bar so high for rom coms for me, I don't know anything could ever stand up to it.

This is an anime of a generation, if it gets the closure it deserves it can even become something people will look back to in the future and say ''that show changed me''. And they would be right.

Go home Gonxa, you're drunk.

The comedy was okay, the romance was more than average (phone number after 12 episodes, wow). It's nothing but a cliché romcom and there are dozens of other animes like that. But at least, the art and the characters were quite good.

6/10
Jun 26, 2014 7:18 AM

Jun 2014
I didn't get the last episode feeling I normally have when I finish an anime.

Loved the show, jokes were funny for me and the romace between Usa and Ritsu was cute, too bad it didn't get that far.

8/10

By the way, does anybody know how much of the manga was covered?
Jun 26, 2014 6:06 PM
Apr 2013
I don't get why some people are calling the romance average.

1) It avoids the classic *add drama by introducing female characters who are obsessed with the MC* shit that most Anime Roms pull.

2) We got a Dandere romantic lead (Angel Beats is kinda this). And I mean actually Dandere. Not the Kuudere, or the Dandere bait and switch, a Dandere who is secretly warm, bubbly and social but has some sort of issue socializing (Issuukan Friends is an example of this).

3) Usa clearly is the proactive factor in the relationship, he is always actively trying to bond with Risa and foster a friendly, caring and romantic relationship. The romance built slowly, but that makes sense with Risa's anti-social character (not that I would be adverse to a faster pace).

Did we see moments and beats that we have seen in Romantic Anime before? Sure. I would be surprised if we didn't. But overall I was pleasantly surprised by the way this Anime developed.

I would love to see more male lead Romantic Anime brave enough to shed the harem, Ecchi and Tsun/Kuu-dere archetypes.
Jun 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
This show really surprised me.. I saw someone recommend it, but was really on the edge since i figured it was gonna be like all those other Romcoms, like Kneesofbees mentioned. But it was so good!

The characters were awesome, didn't get old, except sometimes when Usa pushed it a bit too far with his luck, but that was mostly Sayaka's fault. Shiro was also fantastic, and even Sumiko had a very nice charm. I marathoned it at all in one day, and now i'm kind of sad that there isn't any more... Even the manga hasn't catched up to the Anime yet.

This is definitely a show i hope they do more off, they're nowhere near a relationship yet, so they still have plenty of things to play with... Please let there be a season 2!
Jun 28, 2014 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
Favorite anime of the season. Great cast of characters that always kept things fresh and had me anticipating the next episode. Also no forced drama. Hopeful for a new season.
Jun 29, 2014 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
Just cleared this show in 3 days and I wondered why I didn't watch this sooner. Was expecting some epic drama towards the end but glad there wasn't, which was a good change from some usual romcom animes.

Though just getting her phone number/e-mail address after 12 eps was quite sad IMO. That being said, I still liked the development between Usa and Ritsu during the show.

Would definitely look forward to S2. Need more of Shiro's M epicness.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 29, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2014
@kneesofbees
I agree that this is certainly an above average romcom, but I have bias towards these because it just feels like fluff to me, on top having no plot to move forward with.
Now if it was something more long-running and we get a lot more chances to explore and attach to the characters, that would make it infinitely better.
Jun 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
Overall an enjoyable and fun series to watch. 7/10

Would've been better if it got heavy instead of minor flirtation but that's just my opinion... Looking forward to a possible Season 2 :).
Jun 30, 2014 8:07 AM

Nov 2008
How long before season 2 comes out?! Maybe I'll go read the manga.

I really enjoyed this. Romance is one of my favorite genres and this was really good. I liked that they are not speeding the romance between those two so it feels more real.

Would have loved to see them at least hold hands but that would have been too much for their current development.

Overall I give this an 8.8/10. I would have rounded up to 9 had they held hands. lol
Jun 30, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
T3hSource said:
@kneesofbees
I agree that this is certainly an above average romcom, but I have bias towards these because it just feels like fluff to me, on top having no plot to move forward with.
Now if it was something more long-running and we get a lot more chances to explore and attach to the characters, that would make it infinitely better.

But then pretty much every romcom has a non-existant plot. I'd much rather view this series as a comedy anime
Jul 1, 2014 9:16 PM
Jul 2010
Just go out already, Ricchan and Usa-kun!!! :DDDD
Jul 2, 2014 7:35 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kawai gets drunk xD
1000 yen for 5 minute usage of Mayumi's phone xD

Well figured that pony tailed wasn't being honest with Kawai. As soon as she left with her group, she talks behind Kawai's back.

Usa may not be an avid reader like Kawai or that dude in karaoke, but at least Usa is honest with his feelings for Kawai and his hobbies.

Is it even possible to switch phone numbers like that?

Jul 4, 2014 10:32 AM
Jul 2014
Cerita : setiap episodenya bikin penasaran liat muka kawaii ritsu
karakter : unik
art : bagus
anime romance terbaik musim ini, berharap ada lagi anime romance seperti ini..
Happy ending...
Jul 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Jan 2012
Liked this a lot , very well written characters , the story wasn't anything special , but it didn't really need to be as the show wasn't really meant to be taking serious.

My only problem that I had with this show is that I felt that the romance wasn't really going anywhere , and I was right about that. Hope that there will be a second season.

Overall 8/10
Jul 7, 2014 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
Great series. Loved it. It was hilarious and the romance was cute. Very good rom-com.
5/5 for this episode and 9/10 for this series imo.

Hope we get a season 2 :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 7, 2014 3:12 PM
Apr 2013
I think part of the reason that I liked this series so much was because it had a slow pace that felt natural. Too often romance anime use all sorts of silly BS to stretch the plot out, here the pacing felt natural. Ritsu is naturally not a very social person, she would take time to warm up to a person and even longer to both develop feelings for them and then come to terms with those feelings. I think the pacing was really good for this sort of story.

I have always preferred slow burn romance stories anyway where the characters take time to end up in a relationship (at least when it is done well). I can totally understand how people could feel differently about it though.

By the way the Manga has been picked up again for translation by the good people at Kuudere. We should all support them by reading and responding at their site kuudere.com so that they know we appreciate their work.
Jul 7, 2014 5:51 PM
Nov 2013
7/10. Definitely had it's moments but the romance moved way too slow and none of the side characters had any depth or worth beyond comic relief.

Art was good and Ritsu was a great character.

A little too innocent and feel-good sometimes.
Jul 8, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
Awww.. Too cute
And it's ended

It's too be sad to become a true T_T
Such a shame.. So short
I want see them become a couple!!

2nd season please!!
Kawai-senpai is kawai
"Signature removed"
Jul 8, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2011
Yeaaaaaah so freaking cute *** >w< !!!
I really enjoyed watching it! 8/10
Jul 8, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2012
That was a good way to end the show. It was pretty cute.

Overall, nothing really special. The only characters I would say had a bit of depth was Usa but that's it. Most of them were tropes and didn't really matter in the story. In the end, not much development happened nor did I get anything out of this. Solid series, but just above average.

6/10

rsc-pl said:
HitoriTomoyo said:
This is definitely one of the better slice-of-life series we've had served in a while.

Totally disagree.

I agree that it's not very good at SOL and the characters were annoying. The humour also wasn't for me, but I won't argue about that because a lot of people did like it.
Jul 9, 2014 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
rsc-pl said:
HitoriTomoyo said:

Totally disagree.
In the end, only art was very good.
I hope, that there will be no second season.
4/10 (only for beautiful art)

THIS at 100%, the pace is extremely slow, lol at the guys saying we are closer now(because in 12 episodes he got at the end the cell number of the girl who love?) like wow.... actually i wanted really give a chance at this series, almost stopped at episode 6(and i should have stopped) didnt liked so much the comedy

-girl who is addic to book from episode 1-12 and who dont really care about others
-Usa trying just to hard and doing stupid thing or things who dont like only to be closer of the girl who love but just too much, and the final result after this is a cell number at the end...
firstbloodJul 9, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 9, 2014 10:53 PM
Apr 2013
I just feel that there isn't a conclusion to this show. There has to be a second season coming!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mills - Apr 10, 2014

156 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

296 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 18, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

83 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.