Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 24, 2015 9:01 PM

May 2015
finally full fill action, and also romance as fvck
Oct 24, 2015 9:14 PM
Aug 2012
YukhioAihara said:
lester is a 1st page so that means he's one of the most powerful at his school ?! just how weak is this school then ?! the guy got owned like he was no big deal .
Seriously 2 1st page couldn't handle the Puppets yet the OP MC destroyed them with 1 hand while carrying a girl XD

Sigh the puppets were specifically designed for countering them..........the big ones for Lester and some other ones had high heat resistance for countering Julis. I don't why people miss simple things that is said so clearly.

Let's also forget that Julis was injured and would be attacked if Ayato left her alone as Silas is good at dirty plays. It's better to keep her close rather than letting her be targeted.

FlareKnight said:

Such is the life of Lester. Heck Julis is the only person who really bothered to try and help him out and didn't keep that interest for too long XD.

> Lester was unconscious
> Ayato only knew Julis would be there
> Silas had his attention on Julis and Ayato
> Taking down Silas was the best option
> Ayato passed out afterward
> Julis contacted Claudia before Ayato woke up

Is it so hard to add 2 and 2 together and realize Claudia's group found him and took care of him? If not, wait for next episode since he is going to show up again. Lester may not play a special role but he is not some throw away character either.

Oct 24, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
This show is gonna get excitinggg, i can feel it.

In the meantime, I'm Waiting for the Rain.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 24, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 2010
Azai-kun said:
skudoops said:
I don't know what difference a sneak attack would make though? He can cut through them no matter what. I thought this was especially weird since the other high ranking guy (forgot his name) got his weapon completely blocked by one hand of the robot... like what? Isn't he one of the top ranked in the academy? How much ahead is the MC above this guy? Then the pink hair girl using hand to hand on a robot.. I mean what was she expecting to achieve by doing this, and why did she assume that it would damage them at all or that they would even flinch from that? I mean picture someone punching terminator in the face, do we really expect anything to happen there?

I don't really expect realism but the whole scene was just weird to me. I'm not a fan of the show in the first place but I'm making this comment without that clouding my judgement. If the pink hair girl is five (?) and the MC is way stronger than her, he should be number one then? Doesn't really matter if he has those chains things either because they kick in after a while so he could pretty much beat everyone as it is.

Nah, a sneak attack makes a lot of difference for Ayato. The anime didn’t show some previous fights but he was actually really weak, even weaker than Julis herself in a physical match when his seal isn’t released. Lester’s attack was blocked because the huge puppet was designed to specifically combat against him and his brute strength (again anime did not mention, guddamit A1). Also, it’s possible to combat against the normal-sized puppets as Julis a genestella (mana infused humans) has increased physical capabilities and it’s not like she completely destroy them in a hand-to-hand combat, only merely repelling them. It’s true that Ayato’s in his released state is far above Julis and don’t really wanna spoil but more will be revealed later about his strength and how far his capabilities are.

Oh and I almost forgot, Ayato wields the Ser-Versta which I think Claudia mentioned earlier that it can cut through anything with ease hence why he can cut like cheese even in his sealed state.

Wait, if there's a weapon like that why wouldn't everyone use one? And is the MC really supposed to be physically weak? He stopped that same powerful sword from going crazy in episode 2. What you are saying and what is happening isn't really matching up. I was also wondering why she didn't just direct her flame dragon thing to burn up the traitor guy from the get go.
Oct 24, 2015 9:56 PM
Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
HaXXspetten said:
Welcome to Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, where overpowered protagonists use lightsabers to slice through copious amounts of low level droids commanded by a weak, generic villain.

Except it’s even worse

I had Star Wars vibes too!

God I thought I was the only one that had Star Wars vibes, just need now the sounds of the light saber xD
Oct 24, 2015 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Wait, if there's a weapon like that why wouldn't everyone use one? And is the MC really supposed to be physically weak? He stopped that same powerful sword from going crazy in episode 2. What you are saying and what is happening isn't really matching up. I was also wondering why she didn't just direct her flame dragon thing to burn up the traitor guy from the get go.

Man. Can you even remember all the details from the past 3 episodes? Ser-Versta is an ogre lux which are specialized Lux (weapons) that has Ulm Mana Dites (live mana stones I think was it) and are applicable by only a number of people. Ayato managed to stop and grabbed it not fight against it lol. It's not the same as fighting another human opponent. The final part, didn't the villain just mentioned something about his puppets resistance to flames? He already used them as a shield against the fire-bird. Even if it's logically possible that the flame-bird can reached him, anime won't allow the guy to be defeated that easily. Like I said, don't expect much realism or logic in such things. xD
Oct 24, 2015 10:27 PM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:

You missed the point of Orge Luxes.......they are special weapons who choose their user. This was already explained back in back in episode 1-2. So that's why everyone cant use it. Also there are a limited number of them as you should have also guessed.........

Rather than being physically weak, Ayato is at a disadvantage because of his prana (which is used for special techniques or in other cases) being limited/sealed.

Oct 24, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
ehh only saving grace for me was seeing Claudia having a more sinister side to her dem eyes doe
Oct 24, 2015 10:53 PM
Jan 2015
Actually enjoying this.
My Queens

Oct 24, 2015 11:13 PM

Dec 2014
Ugh, nee-chan, why seal the powers of mc...
Let him unleash it freely...
And here i was hoping that mc is an overpowered character with nothing to suppress his skills.

This wait is killing me, gonna read the manga or ln asap. :)

Claudia's weapon reminds me of the weapon, world of guardians from psp2.
Oct 24, 2015 11:21 PM

Mar 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
YukhioAihara said:
lester is a 1st page so that means he's one of the most powerful at his school ?! just how weak is this school then ?! the guy got owned like he was no big deal .
Seriously 2 1st page couldn't handle the Puppets yet the OP MC destroyed them with 1 hand while carrying a girl XD

Sigh the puppets were specifically designed for countering them..........the big ones for Lester and some other ones had high heat resistance for countering Julis. I don't why people miss simple things that is said so clearly.

Let's also forget that Julis was injured and would be attacked if Ayato left her alone as Silas is good at dirty plays. It's better to keep her close rather than letting her be targeted.

FlareKnight said:

Such is the life of Lester. Heck Julis is the only person who really bothered to try and help him out and didn't keep that interest for too long XD.

> Lester was unconscious
> Ayato only knew Julis would be there
> Silas had his attention on Julis and Ayato
> Taking down Silas was the best option
> Ayato passed out afterward
> Julis contacted Claudia before Ayato woke up

Is it so hard to add 2 and 2 together and realize Claudia's group found him and took care of him? If not, wait for next episode since he is going to show up again. Lester may not play a special role but he is not some throw away character either.

I think you need to learn how to read into context and take a joke.

For all we know Lester dragged his own ass out of the pile and walked home. Obviously he wouldn't be left for dead.

Take a breath, and maybe a nap.
Oct 24, 2015 11:22 PM

May 2015
Aaaaah, I don't really like watching one-sided battles. Most important part of this episode was the ambiguity of the student council-president-girl.
Oct 24, 2015 11:24 PM

Apr 2015
I can't wait to see Ayato and Julis fighting together in Phoenix Festa!
Oct 24, 2015 11:44 PM
Aug 2012
FlareKnight said:

I think you need to learn how to read into context and take a joke.

For all we know Lester dragged his own ass out of the pile and walked home. Obviously he wouldn't be left for dead.

Take a breath, and maybe a nap.

Funny how many people miss the context and explanations and complain for the silliest reasons.....

Makes it hard to distinguish between a lame joke or a pointless complain.

Oct 25, 2015 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, I really like the valiant personality of Julis, actually I like all the girls who will be next to Ayato in future in the plot, and the protagonist finally shows its strength, but it is limited for a while, it is certainly not the first time I see that, but this is a good premise, I look forward to continuing to follow the adaptation ..
Oct 25, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2014
Ayato was OP
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 25, 2015 12:58 AM

Feb 2014
Great episode. Ayato gets straight to the point with his arrival, saving Julis from defeat and putting the puppeteer in his place.

Glad that Claudia struck the final blow on him, although she looked scary as hell before the attack. O_O

Sure, this episode had clichés here and there, but not all of them were bad, and considering that Ayato has a small harem already, at least he's not acting like a generic harem MC when he was alone with Julis during the ending credits.

It might be a bit early to say this, but the Ayato X Julis romance ship has already got one hand on the trophy. =D
Oct 25, 2015 1:50 AM

Aug 2012
MC killing puppets with one hand while carrying the heroin in another. Action was fun.
Oct 25, 2015 5:04 AM

May 2014
Action pack episode but some cliches but still good
[center] [center]
Oct 25, 2015 6:07 AM
Jun 2014
Well, as I always do whenever an adaption is airing and I more or less like it, I read through the first volume of the light novel - I basically only catch up to the anime once an arc is finished, so everything I say is basically spoiler-free.

There are obviously a lot of minor details and conversations that have been left out, but there is one thing I have no idea why they didn't mention. Namely the fact that the restraint his sister put on Ayato originally made him unable to use his powers at all. It's obvious she didn't even consider the possibility that he might become able to temporally remove her 'chains'. At some point he (through training) learned how to forcibly break the chains. The first time he accomplished that he couldn't keep this power for more than a second. Years of training made him gradually extend the period of time he could keep his powers.

His sister actually meant to restrain him to the point that he doesn't fight in the first place, but she pretty much underestimated his potential.

Apart from that, it's pretty obvious there's also some kind of 'underground fighting' going on. It's very unlikely that it was an official duel when we saw his sister get heavily wounded in the beginning scenes since something like that would've spread like fire if a normal, public audience witnessed that fight. Obviously that's not the case. Quite on the contrary, everything relating to his sister is fastidiously covered up and hidden away.

If we take his sister by word, the very reason she went to Asteriks was 'to protect Ayato' and her consequent involvement in some sort of shady behind-the-scenes fight that was obviously a fight potentially to the death hints at the possibility that there is some sort of organization involved in all this that would have eventually targeted Ayato and she meant to prevent that (and failed).

There is also one other important 'foreshadowing'. The scene in the first ep where Claudia embraced Ayato from behind and said 'At long last we meet'. The jp can also be interpreted as 'I've missed you' depending on the context. On top of that, Claudia is extremely attached to Ayato, to the point that it's evidently unnatural. She is definitely related to Ayato's sister. Claudia's ambiguous phrasing when she talked about his sister is also very suggestive in this context.

She said 'I personally believe "she" is no longer at this academy.'

On the other hand, Julis relationship with Claudia tells us that Claudia has a solid background and didn't just pop up at some point, so she can't be his sister per se.

We arrive at one conclusion - either his sister when she was about to die used her powers to for instance 'bind her personality and memories' to Claudia or, both were in a near death situation and some sort of special surgery took place, or the real Claudia is actually dead and she is in fact his sister.

Well, so far my analysis of the first volume.

On a side note, the CR sub is so ridiculously bad I find myself almost unable to believe it. Every single line misses out on nuances, cuts words or is entirely wrong. Holy shit. Being a translator myself I even experience some sort of vicarious embarrassment. I didn't check any fansub, but they can only be better than what CR pulled there, so I'd recommend going for a different sub.....
akerouOct 25, 2015 10:54 AM
Oct 25, 2015 6:12 AM
Oct 2010
Azai-kun said:
skudoops said:

Man. Can you even remember all the details from the past 3 episodes? Ser-Versta is an ogre lux which are specialized Lux (weapons) that has Ulm Mana Dites (live mana stones I think was it) and are applicable by only a number of people. Ayato managed to stop and grabbed it not fight against it lol. It's not the same as fighting another human opponent. The final part, didn't the villain just mentioned something about his puppets resistance to flames? He already used them as a shield against the fire-bird. Even if it's logically possible that the flame-bird can reached him, anime won't allow the guy to be defeated that easily. Like I said, don't expect much realism or logic in such things. xD

I'm asking why aren't they all made strong enough to cut through everything (the weapons). Would there really be a point to making a weaker weapon?
Oct 25, 2015 6:27 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:

I'm asking why aren't they all made strong enough to cut through everything (the weapons). Would there really be a point to making a weaker weapon?

Because technology is always improving and there are always changes. There is simply no way you can make a standard piece of equipment that is guaranteed to work flawless even with the newest technology. or maybe your highness can seeing as he is asking some pretty silly complains

What part of the "Puppets being specially made to counter Julis and Lester" do you have a problem with? Julis pierced through the puppets just fine and Lester's special attack and weapon was only stopped by the big ones while the small ones were blown away.

Orge Luxes are special and that's why not everything is known about them. Only a few are handed down to each academy for data collection and it's not easy to mass produce as Alm Mana Dites are pretty rare.

Oct 25, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:

Dragon_slayer-kun explained pretty much everything. Ogre Lux can't be mass produced easily and Alm Mana Dites are said to be equal to the rarity of Adamantite. In addition, different Ogre Lux has different unique abilities. Ayato's Ser Versta is the only blade that has the ability of vaporizing anything it touches. Some others will be mentioned in the future and even Excalibur is an Ogre Lux in Asterisk lol.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Great episode. Ayato gets straight to the point with his arrival, saving Julis from defeat and putting the puppeteer in his place.

Glad that Claudia struck the final blow on him, although she looked scary as hell before the attack. O_O

Sure, this episode had clichés here and there, but not all of them were bad, and considering that Ayato has a small harem already, at least he's not acting like a generic harem MC when he was alone with Julis during the ending credits.

It might be a bit early to say this, but the Ayato X Julis romance ship has already got one hand on the trophy. =D

Just to note, Asterisks may be considered harem but it isn't entirely focused on it. Sure the girls likes him and all but the romantic developments rarely occur with other girls aside from Julis (at least for now in the LN). Julis & Claudia(kinda) seems to be the only heroines with relations to the main plot and its mysteries.
Azai-kunOct 25, 2015 6:56 AM
Oct 25, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
Really action packed episode, I loved it

Individually, Julis and Ayato are absolute BEASTS but together, they're on a whole other level...That teamwork at the end was too great and I love how they got closer and are now a team :)

I'm really interested as to why his sister binded his power though and holy fuck that ending with Claudia and those mysterious ladies O_O I need to know more pls!!!!!!

Because his sister was a bitch.How else could you call her, she just blocked Ayato's powers and disappeared with no intention to ever come back. In light novel protag was one step from dead countless times because of her "protection"
Sukebe14Oct 25, 2015 8:18 AM
Oct 25, 2015 7:54 AM
Aug 2012
Sukebe14 said:
Tokoya said:
Really action packed episode, I loved it

Individually, Julis and Ayato are absolute BEASTS but together, they're on a whole other level...That teamwork at the end was too great and I love how they got closer and are now a team :)

I'm really interested as to why his sister binded his power though and holy fuck that ending with Claudia and those mysterious ladies O_O I need to know more pls!!!!!!

Because his sister was a bitch.How else could you call her, she just blocked Ayato's powers and disappeared with no intention to ever come back, In light novel protag was one tsep from dead countless times because of her "protection"

She went to Asterisk and then got seriously injured during battle.........she didn't disappear on purpose. She failed to get her wish (obviously something related to Ayato).

Seriously while her sealing may have been harsh but that doesn't make her a bitch. As long as we don't know her reasons for the seal anything is a speculation. But she genuinely cared about her little brother as seen from the flashbacks.

Oct 25, 2015 9:32 AM

Aug 2008
desertkona said:
Mroujeee said:
I Love how Claudia's eyes were glowing in different colours

Yeah that was amazing
You're being sarcastic, right?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2015 9:33 AM
Oct 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
skudoops said:

Because technology is always improving and there are always changes. There is simply no way you can make a standard piece of equipment that is guaranteed to work flawless even with the newest technology. or maybe your highness can seeing as he is asking some pretty silly complains

What part of the "Puppets being specially made to counter Julis and Lester" do you have a problem with? Julis pierced through the puppets just fine and Lester's special attack and weapon was only stopped by the big ones while the small ones were blown away.

Orge Luxes are special and that's why not everything is known about them. Only a few are handed down to each academy for data collection and it's not easy to mass produce as Alm Mana Dites are pretty rare.

People get rid of obsolete weapons all the time, you aren't making any sense here. Why would they not just get rid of the old weapons by reforging them using the new technology? They are all made out of the same thing no? We already do that IRL, it's called recycling.

Also I assumed all the robots built in counters for both of them, it only made sense that they did, because if they didn't what was stopping the two of them from taking on the robots that they were stronger against i.e. pink hair girl fights lester's robots and he fights her's?
Oct 25, 2015 9:56 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:

People get rid of obsolete weapons all the time, you aren't making any sense here. Why would they not just get rid of the old weapons by reforging them using the new technology? They are all made out of the same thing no? We already do that IRL, it's called recycling.

Also I assumed all the robots built in counters for both of them, it only made sense that they did, because if they didn't what was stopping the two of them from taking on the robots that they were stronger against i.e. pink hair girl fights lester's robots and he fights her's?

Sigh at this point i am sure you are making this silly complains just for the lols. I don't believe you are that dumb tbh.

So "Specially Made" mean nothing to you? They were new technology by Allekant not yet published hence the data collection by using a pawn. If you want to ask how they knew it was Allekant it's because Allekant specializes in that area. The weapons were fine but the robots were made newly and specially to counter against them and their special abilities. It was never a issue of weapons being outdated. Julis mainly depends on ranged fire attacks and Lester on physical attacks......with those restricted/limited taking on a large number will still make them exhausted.

Academies don't share all of their research freely either........there are internal conflicts involved so that's out of the question. It's like you're just making pointless complains rather than me making no sense.

You don't have to assume anything about the robots, it's literally said in this episode atleast 2 times.....once by Julis and once by Silas. Also the robots were teamed up with both types (the scene when they were surrounded) with respective ones in the front aka fire-resistant ones for Julis and big ones for Lester..........while the range ones making sneak attacks or long range attacks. Lester's special attack was ineffective and he was then ganged up by both types and knocked out afterwards. There wasn't any situation or time for them to switch opponents and it wouldn't have helped since the robots were mixed. Silas would just need to switch them around a bit. Please pay attention rather than asking silly questions........
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 25, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 25, 2015 10:06 AM
Oct 2010
But like I said, what was stopping them from fighting the ones they were stronger against?
Oct 25, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Did the harem part of the anime just end?
Oct 25, 2015 10:25 AM
Aug 2012
skudoops said:
But like I said, what was stopping them from fighting the ones they were stronger against?

I believe i wasted a whole section on that........please read carefully and then tell me how and when they could have switched opponents when both robots were mixed, the range ones were shooting at them and Lester got taken out rather quickly by sneak attacks and by ganged up by both type of robots. Surprise attacks are called that for a reason.

Btw i forgot to mention this earlier but the large ones could block Julis's attack to a certain extent and they are physically strong as well (episode 2). The small ones could launch sneak attacks on Lester (already shown) as he is a power type. Not really anything big but both types aren't that advantageous for Julis or Lester. Not that it would have mattered when Silas already mixed up both types, can just change the formation and support them with long range and sneak attacks.

If you have a suitable scenario about when they could switch opponents that were disadvantageous for both of them, please do tell me. Otherwise i have to assume you either didn't pay attention or just trolling for the lols. I really don't want to think like that about a fellow Gundam fan.

Oct 25, 2015 10:51 AM
Jul 2015
This episode had SUPERB fight scenes !! I want the company Diomedia staff to watch this episode 10 times and learn how to make good action scenes.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 25, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
I laughed when Silas flopped on his puppet and floated away.
Oct 25, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
FlameSpeedster said:
That fight scene was kind of crap. Seemed so much better in my head when I read the LN.

Exactly my thoughts
Oct 25, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
JoksPacifist said:
FlameSpeedster said:
That fight scene was kind of crap. Seemed so much better in my head when I read the LN.

Exactly my thoughts

Fights are always better when you read a book. Our imagination has no budget to worry about =)
Oct 25, 2015 11:24 AM
Mar 2014
The first 16 minutes of the episode were crap, but I won't lower the score because the rest seems promising.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 25, 2015 11:26 AM
Mar 2014
garydai said:
JoksPacifist said:

Exactly my thoughts

Fights are always better when you read a book. Our imagination has no budget to worry about =)

A-1 don't have budget issues ._.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 25, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2013
We get more story,yaaay
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Oct 25, 2015 11:30 AM
Aug 2012
garydai said:
JoksPacifist said:

Exactly my thoughts

Don't see how the fight is bad though.......sure it doesn't have Ayato cutting through several robots but it was still done pretty well, the key points were there and that "Nine-fanged sword" looked great. Moreover none of MC's characterization were cut down during the fight and they managed to adapt most of the contents pretty well. The more intense fights are coming later so the budget will obviously be going there.

Oct 25, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
garydai said:

Don't see how the fight is bad though.......sure it doesn't have Ayato cutting through several robots but it was still done pretty well, the key points were there and that "Nine-fanged sword" looked great. Moreover none of MC's characterization were cut down during the fight and they managed to adapt most of the contents pretty well. The more intense fights are coming later so the budget will obviously be going there.

I thought the fight was fine. I do think the puppets look generic as hell though.
Oct 25, 2015 12:39 PM
Feb 2009
For F sake.
How predictable can it get???
Oct 25, 2015 12:40 PM
May 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sukebe14 said:

Because his sister was a bitch.How else could you call her, she just blocked Ayato's powers and disappeared with no intention to ever come back, In light novel protag was one tsep from dead countless times because of her "protection"

She went to Asterisk and then got seriously injured during battle.........she didn't disappear on purpose. She failed to get her wish (obviously something related to Ayato).

Seriously while her sealing may have been harsh but that doesn't make her a bitch. As long as we don't know her reasons for the seal anything is a speculation. But she genuinely cared about her little brother as seen from the flashbacks.

In that world their powers is as real as their hands or nose.
If she did similar things to those, would you say the same?
It is hard to see it as something other than negative.

If someone smiles while beating someone it doesn't mean they don't want to hurt them.

Based on what she did to him, if her wish was related to him then it would most likely
be to remove his powers completely or something like that.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 25, 2015 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Bosskardo said:
For F sake.
How predictable can it get???

Do you mind share with us what do you think it was predicable?
Oct 25, 2015 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
Does anybody care about Lester? No?
Oct 25, 2015 3:39 PM

May 2014
Bloody hell, bloody hell. This anime has really got me now, I've grown so fond of it after only four episodes :o
The animation is just right for this anime, the characters are good. The fights this battle were good too, although it has me wondering what happened to Lester? Lol.
From the beginning of this episode to the rank 1 holy shit whan an episode.
Claudia has an awesome weapon :o, she looked awesome when she nearly killed the guy.
Ayato's roommate seems like a mysterious guy too, after that we got to see some random girl who was actually quite cute
And some tease about the rank #1 godspeed sword or something wtf, that's like Namikaze Minato. wtf is all of this 😵 Too much too handle 😲

5/5 for this episode though.
Oct 25, 2015 5:56 PM

Jul 2015
I definitely ship Ayato x Julis. My main issue with the episode is the person Ayato had to face. I just wished the person would shut up (I thought he was annoying...).
Oct 25, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
omfgplzstop said:
garydai said:

A-1 don't have budget issues ._.

The fight was filled with cut scenes, they didn't want to bother animating it.
Oct 25, 2015 7:46 PM

Mar 2013
JoksPacifist said:
FlameSpeedster said:

Exactly my thoughts

Hmm.. it depends. I watched K:Return of Kings before I watched Asterisk and Rakudai after that. As a result, it makes us think that the fight animations in Asterisk pales in comparison however if we look at it without comparison, it's actually well-made with a bit more realistic movements instead of the usual "flash step" thing we always see. Heck look at Julis' physical combat against the puppets. To me that was great. Although I was disappointed they didn't animate the entire fight since Ayato mostly cuts the puppets off-screen.

ichii_1 said:
The fight was filled with cut scenes, they didn't want to bother animating it.

Saving the budget for later maybe? XD
Azai-kunOct 25, 2015 7:49 PM
Oct 25, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure if you guys are blind, but Lester was in the shadow out cold next to Yabuki at the end when he talked to Claudia.
Oct 25, 2015 9:38 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, I'll give... Julis and Ayato are pretty cute.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.