Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2015 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
They didn't say how the flight ability is imperfect though.

Aug 2, 2015 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
Prankster_001 said:
not going to watch this episode :P

then why post in an episode discussion
Aug 2, 2015 12:09 AM
Apr 2012
This episode was better than the last one (if mainly because the focus was less on the episodic plot and more on the characters). Nao is still my favorite character in the show and Takajou and Yusarin are finally starting to show semblances of character. I still don't like how limited in nature the usages of these powers are (though the show is now toying with the idea of potentially being able to train yourself to use them to a larger extent).

Our main character, however, is proving to be a bit of a disappointment. He has to be the blandest Key protagonst I have seen so far. It's like when they took a way all his maniacal fortehevulz behavior, they couldn't figure out what distinguished him as a character. Sometimes, I almost wished he was going through a clear redemption arc.

The possible romance between him and Nao works mainly because Nao is an interesting character and easily the most naturally written of the cast.

However, the episodic plot (unlike in the previous episode) was, this time, used as an excuse for character development. It's far from contrivance, but it feels kind of half-hearted when near the end of the episode, we're reminded "Oh right, there's another cookie-cutter super-powered teen of the week we have to resolve".

I'll keep watching, though. If the show's characters grow on me, it just might be a worthwhile watch.
Aug 2, 2015 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
AnimeFan500 said:
Pizza sauce is what keeping her alive!!!! The momeent it ran out this happens. Without the pizza sauce she will die NOOOOOO T___T

More like the pizza sauce was suppressing her development of special abilities. The moment the pizza sauce ran out, her powers will go full-blown out of control.

I didn't even think about the possibility of the pizza sauce being a power suppressant but I'm hooked on this theory! :D
Aug 2, 2015 12:20 AM

Oct 2012
Whoa. Charlotte? Kagerou pro?

Green eyes? Red eyes?

JUN? JIN???

----------------------------------------

L-Ryoshi said:
Then the flying dude part was dumb as well. First off, how could he not know the place he was practicing in secret was private property?

When Nao mentioned that it was private property, we don't see him surprised. He probably asked "why" simply because of instinct and reaction.

L-Ryoshi said:
Second, if he was able to fly around anyway, why bother confronting Nao's group when they took over his spot? Wasn't your aim to keep the power a "Secret"??? Third, you're already trespassing on private property anyway, whats the problem with finding another practice spot to avoid other people? Your ability is FLYING for gods sake. You can literally practice ANYWHERE. Heck you could even practice flying on some deserted island. Why again does it all have to be conveniently in THIS city???

He didn't know that they knew about his power. Nao even said that the mountain was a convenient high location to fly in. Mind you, they said a bunch of times that he was "practicing" flying, which means he's obviously not going to soar through the sky. We only see him going up or down anyway. And since the location is so convenient, it makes sense as to try to put in the effort to keep it.

L-Ryoshi said:
Another illogical dumb idiot graces the scene for the "Power-of-the-week" plot convenience. And again, none of the jokes hit their mark. I don't give a shit about kids not eating veggies, nor do I find it amusing when Misa switches to Yusa just to gain favors from fangirl Joujirou. Those situations are so last week already.

The veggies thing wasn't a joke. It's more or less showing how Yuu also has a... parental side. That might not be the right word.
He does have a younger sibling her cares about though.

L-Ryoshi said:
The only parts I can really chalk down to plot development was Yuu's talk with Joujirou by the river about being prepared to use ones powers in excess of ones limits, and the images he received when listening to the song.

Other than that..... I'm still waiting for SOMETHING of value to happen...

Don't forget how it showed that Yuu can use other people's powers when possessing them, which was probably what Nao wanted to test in the last episode, or Ayumi's potentially degrading health, or how the security officer stopped Ayumi from going into the supermarket (their hostile-ness was hinted in episode 1, as stated by a few other users here.).
The boy confessing to Ayumi could just be a way to show how Yuu cares about his sister, or it could be an advance by some organization or whatever. It just comes down to the siblings being under great surveillance, which wasn't as evidenced in the last episodes.

L-Ryoshi said:
Come on Key, come on P.A, almost half of the entire shows gone already. If there's something you're trying to present to entertain/show us, just DO IT already!

I'm just going to leave this here: http://i.imgur.com/abYxtjS.png

Because of stuff like the pizza sauce thing alone, it's hard to say exactly what is a plot point/foreshadowing, and what is a "gag."
If the pizza sauce foreshadowing is true, then I'd say that it is a good use of Chekhov's Gun, a literary principle that states how everything placed onto a stage must be used at some point. This can be true for anything else shown in this anime.

For example, it's like if you were going on a hiking trip, and someone passed you a water bottle, saying how they didn't need it. You're not thirsty, but take it anyway. Later, you are separated from the group and lose half of your supplies. You still have the water bottle. The bottle is now a hugely important factor in whether or not you can survive.
Aug 2, 2015 12:31 AM
Mar 2013
Megaphy said:
ZHIEND is actually Marina right? Can't really tell.

I'm pretty sure you're right, thought it was her immediately though the song wasn't listed in the credits so it's hard to confirm. Hopefully the song gets released, maybe as a ZHIEND album like the GirDemeo songs were.
Aug 2, 2015 1:09 AM
Dec 2013
Pretty useless episode IMO. Didn't do much for the characters beside exchanging a key plot device.
The 1st episode was very good, but every episode following it has produced mediocre results.
Aug 2, 2015 1:16 AM

Jun 2015
Good episode... though the format of finding one person with a new ability and convincing them to stop using it is getting a little stagnant to me.. hopefully there'll be more development in the story in coming episodes. With Ayumi being unwell, most probably she'll develop her own ability.. so i guess there is more dev to come.

Poor Takajou... hopefully his efforts will be reciprocated someday..

yes... Hollywood celebrity nicknames are usually corny!

Aug 2, 2015 1:17 AM

Jun 2015
KaiserNazrin said:

Yes I was expecting them to show how that ability is imperfect too.. strange.

Aug 2, 2015 1:43 AM

Jan 2015
Still waiting for some plot progress...

So Yuu and Ayumi had a brother, which love pizza sauce and because of him we need to endure such silly jokes?
Nao get bullied for no reason?
Ayumi get a cold and now everyone assume that she will die... 37,8°C... Shit, i should be dead already. xD
Aug 2, 2015 1:51 AM

Dec 2014
Some speculations: Ayu's cold is a sign of her power awakening and the security guards, along with the guy who asked her out, are actually undercover scientist (perhaps they are aware of Yuu's power, but since his school offers him protection they chose to go after his sister who has the possibility of having a power as well). And the pizza sauce running out is definitely foreshadowing a tragedy, no doubt about it.This ZHIEND person may also be a childhood friend of Yuu and will play a larger role in the future
Aug 2, 2015 1:57 AM

Mar 2009
RockerXD said:

Do we have a bingo yet?
We had one from the last episode already: http://i.imgur.com/wuQxUr3.jpg
Aug 2, 2015 2:42 AM

Sep 2014
This was a refreshing episode, not just episodic weekly power thing but we actually got some development! Liked the scene with Yuu and Nao.

So, deathflag for Ayumi? Hopefully it's just her ability that's developing.
Aug 2, 2015 3:41 AM

Jul 2014
How old is our imouto-chan even to get asked out by a boy lel.
I can guess that we'll see the abilities she has pretty soon, maybe next episode.
Aug 2, 2015 3:46 AM
Feb 2009
Vudis said:
RockerXD said:

Do we have a bingo yet?

So, if I understand correctly the picture, this is a list of all the "thing" that usually happen with Jun Maeda. And the one with the red are the one which have happenned in Charlotte ?

Seems accurate for now... I'm pretty sure we are going to get "meaningful song" soon.

Anyway, regarding the episode :
> Hopefully, we will get an actual explanation for the bullies...
> Kinda get boring to have a "fight" which last 10 second and after : "Ok, I will not use my power".

Hopefully, something will happen next week.....
Aug 2, 2015 4:05 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this episode, some nice moments with Tomori.
Aug 2, 2015 5:01 AM

Feb 2012
Where are people getting the idea that Ayumi will die? Did i miss something besides the fact that she just has a cold/fever? It could be hinting that her own power could be awakening.

I'm starting to like the Nao x Yuu scenes :)
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 2, 2015 5:49 AM

Aug 2014
jbeat said:
Where are people getting the idea that Ayumi will die? Did i miss something besides the fact that she just has a cold/fever? It could be hinting that her own power could be awakening.

I'm starting to like the Nao x Yuu scenes :)

People like to over dramatize things I suppose?

Quite a nice episode, loved the moment between Yuu and Nao.
Aug 2, 2015 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
There really isnt any development going on in this anime, least there is some plot now again
Aug 2, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/Charlotte_AB_

According to Twitter, the preview of episode 6 is going to be tomorrow.
Aug 2, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
This is so dull. I can't take this show anymore. God, just how bad can this show get now? They can only make it worse by adding a romance between Blue grill and the MC, which I think will happen. .-.
Aug 2, 2015 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
EpicCh33se said:
Whoa. Charlotte? Kagerou pro?

Green eyes? Red eyes?

JUN? JIN???

----------------------------------------

I'm just going to leave this here: http://i.imgur.com/abYxtjS.png

Because of stuff like the pizza sauce thing alone, it's hard to say exactly what is a plot point/foreshadowing, and what is a "gag."
If the pizza sauce foreshadowing is true, then I'd say that it is a good use of Chekhov's Gun, a literary principle that states how everything placed onto a stage must be used at some point. This can be true for anything else shown in this anime.

For example, it's like if you were going on a hiking trip, and someone passed you a water bottle, saying how they didn't need it. You're not thirsty, but take it anyway. Later, you are separated from the group and lose half of your supplies. You still have the water bottle. The bottle is now a hugely important factor in whether or not you can survive.

You see the issue I have with this show, is that if, as you so speculate, they have been foreshadowing something for some future development, they've been doing so at a snails pace. Almost half the entire show has flown by without much actual solid plot development.
Do we have an actual antagonist? Nope, none have shown up. Not even a hint of one.
Has any of the preventative measures made by Nao on other power users been justified at all? Nope, not even once. Apart from Yuu himself, no one else has actually endangered anyone by utilizing their powers (Misa's case was an accidental pickup of a yakuza phone, so that doesn't count as power-related).

All we've seen thus far is a girl leading a bunch of kids with special abilities out around town to search for and convince other kids in town with special abilities to stop using said special abilities JUST IN CASE they end up getting tagged and captured by some sort of Evil research group. Essentially, nothing has happened, apart from small bits of inter-character development between Yuu and Joujirou or Nao. 5 episodes of non-directional episodic non-development in regards to the overall plot.

5 episodes on and I'm still waiting for something of interest to happen. When the entire show is just 13 episodes long, I don't think that's even a test of patience anymore.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2015 7:56 AM

Mar 2009
Rukodaime said:
Vudis said:

So, if I understand correctly the picture, this is a list of all the "thing" that usually happen with Jun Maeda. And the one with the red are the one which have happenned in Charlotte ?

Seems accurate for now... I'm pretty sure we are going to get "meaningful song" soon.

Anyway, regarding the episode :
> Hopefully, we will get an actual explanation for the bullies...
> Kinda get boring to have a "fight" which last 10 second and after : "Ok, I will not use my power".

Hopefully, something will happen next week.....
Ahhh damn.
Of course we already had meaningful song. Thanks for the reminder.
I didn't even realize it while watching the episode.

"It is my brothers favorite band/song"
Aug 2, 2015 7:56 AM
Jun 2015
Why do people hate Nao so much?
Normally, I wouldn't mind but SO MANY PEOPLE are saying "karma's a bitch, ain't it?" when she was getting beaten up outside of class.
Aug 2, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm they caught the guy, and only with a few bruises that is... A slow but decent episode. While Yuu's little sister is annoying, i'm not hoping for her to die ._.
Aug 2, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
walldotfm said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Yes I was expecting them to show how that ability is imperfect too.. strange.
Maybe the imperfection in his power is that he's only able to fly vertically...
Aug 2, 2015 8:15 AM
Jun 2015
TheCorruptedWolf said:
Actually I am more focused on why so much hate? If you don't like it, you should''ve dropped it by now. I mean IT'S THE FIFTH EPISODE, you should've dropped it by episode 3!

I think chaos dragon is shit but I'm still watching that(to make fun of it)
and besides, people may be considering that this show will pull an angel beats on us soon.
Aug 2, 2015 8:28 AM
Jun 2015
[quote=KiriyuriAnd the one that i hate is the character Nao, you look's like being masochist! get bullied by girl gank, why Yuu doesn't help her ==[/quote]
Could you repeat that in English please?

walldotfm said:

But of course, this is key. They wouldn't want to give us a happy ending for her.
Aug 2, 2015 8:43 AM

Feb 2014
A better episode than the last one thankfully. ^^

Poor, Nao, having to get thrashed by those slutty bullies like that, although knowing what's going to happen in the future, doesn't help her in situations like this. What were the bullies' reason behind their attack on Nao? From what I've seen, Nao haters rejoiced at her getting punching and kicked without questioning the whole scene altogether, which is ironically predictable. ¬_¬

Back to the episode, the jokes were funnier this time around with Misa being addicted to the Monster Hunter-like game, in which the game looked almost visually like the actual game! =D

Good character development followed with Yu's chat with Nao by the cliff (Lovely scenery of the city while they were chatting) and with Takajou in the river about romance and their powers.

With Ayu, I think she's starting to develop her ability, which should explain her fever. It reminds me of Mother 3 for the Game Boy Advance, where the main characters who uses PSI powers go through a fever before learning new abilities. I think it's too early to start raise the death flag on her already. =/
Aug 2, 2015 9:04 AM

May 2011
Vudis said:
RockerXD said:

Do we have a bingo yet?

Aug 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
Alph4Xerxes said:
Megaphy said:
ZHIEND is actually Marina right? Can't really tell.

I'm pretty sure you're right, thought it was her immediately though the song wasn't listed in the credits so it's hard to confirm. Hopefully the song gets released, maybe as a ZHIEND album like the GirDemeo songs were.

Confirmed, she is listed as staff.
Aug 2, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
I wish there was a preview of next weeks episode.
Aug 2, 2015 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
RedEagle925 said:

We'll get the preview tomorrow. Check this forum 24 hours from now and Yuu_vi_Britannia will most probably have posted it by then.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Aug 2, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
ahsinam33 said:
RedEagle925 said:

We'll get the preview tomorrow. Check this forum 24 hours from now and Yuu_vi_Britannia will most probably have posted it by then.

Oh really thanks!
Aug 2, 2015 10:55 AM
Jul 2015
Not a bad one, I'm still more interested in the guy of his past than the redundant pizza sauce but it's okay. Also: sister's health flag, let's see how it'll end.
Aug 2, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
*Sniffs*

I smell a death flag for imouto-chan.
Aug 2, 2015 11:26 AM
Nov 2007
This anime is turning to shit real fast after watching this episode, hope next week fares better.
Aug 2, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
Rest in fucking pizza sauce
Aug 2, 2015 1:15 PM

May 2013
Better than last week's episode. I may be happy that finally they rid the pizza sauce beacuse its becoming annoying but dat imouto death flag tho.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 2, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was fantastic laughs, feels, and a tad bit of action. It had everything! Pretty close to being my show of the season.
Aug 2, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
RockerXD said:
Vudis said:

This is gold XD
Aug 2, 2015 3:13 PM
Aug 2015
Well that great, we've had some development when it comes to the characters' relationship. Still hoping for a true arc to begin though.

It seems that the show is more focusing on developping the characters during their different missions than anything else, but I'd like to seea mission that last a little longer than just one episode, it would add some interesting drama into the mix.

Wait and see...
Aug 2, 2015 3:29 PM
Nov 2014
Yes...no more sauce jokes.. that shit was getting old. Decent episode I'd say, hoping for some drama in the next few episodes tbh. Just to spice some things up :/
Aug 2, 2015 4:02 PM
Sep 2008
Vudis said:
RockerXD said:

Do we have a bingo yet?

When did the amnesia part happened in episode 1-4? i can't remember
Aug 2, 2015 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
am i the only one here thats thinking that

cmon, nao giving already that zhiend music player to yuu could be a subtle foreshadowing too, right?

Aug 2, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2014
sauteed_roaches said:
am i the only one here thats thinking that

cmon, nao giving already that zhiend music player to yuu could be a subtle foreshadowing too, right?

This is love, my friend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2015 5:40 PM

Mar 2014
I think Im getting the meaning behind the title "Charlotte" I hope the succeeding episodes confirms my theory

Charlotte = "Free" in terms of name meaning
So it is possible its just Symbolism and not a person in the anime

Since they rounding up all the people with special powers to abstain from using until they reach that age and
To free themselves from this Special Ability and never be harmed by those "Scientist"
Aug 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
Lol I had mixed feeling bout Nao getting her ass kicked. 1 side of me was Happy caause i wanna see her ass kicked. Another side of me wondere "Why?". I know shes not likeable but why would they kick her ass like Tht.

Plus Ayu is getting in her Chunnibiyo Phase now
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Aug 2, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
This is going downhill fast. Selling a serious cool anime on episode 1 to a stupid comedic anime.

That glasses guy only becoming a laughing gag and Yusarin is only there for laugh and lighter.

Nao getting bullied, probably because she have used her authority to threaten them before. Although Nao can just fight back, but she didn't.

Yu and Nao have more intimate relationship, like shopping, talking together under the stars, and lots of togetherness.

Overall this is getting bad. Might as well put this on-hold.

Aug 2, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2015
Enjoyable episode.

I don't understand why Yuu can use his ability with some people with powers but he couldn't with the baseball guy, for example...

What is his constraint?

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

303 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.