Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2008
After watching many zombie apocalypse works, from all mediums, I always shake my head at how protagonists deal with the early signs zombie apocalypse.
C'mon, people, when are we getting genre savvies that actually notice the early signs of a zombie outbreak and take action? Sigh. I guess it comes with the genre.
I've seen a couple of movies where the protagonists are actually genre savvy about it... but they're comedy-oriented. Some more serious work doing it like that would be awesome and fresh, I'd think.

Oh well, at least we've got a neat episode about the outbreak. I'm expecting this anime to keep getting better and better :D
Jul 24, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2014
RIP Megu-nee ;-;
Jul 24, 2015 1:15 AM

Jan 2015
Moe girls do moe things at the time of zombie apocalypse.

I like it!

Good to see some flashback. This give some more plot for series.
Characters are interesting. Curious about what will happen next.
Jul 24, 2015 4:07 AM

Jan 2014
A somewhat slow episode, though we presumably saw the point where Yuki started her delusions.
Jul 24, 2015 4:08 AM

Apr 2014
Holy fucking shit that was pretty intense

I wonder exactly how the zombie virus started

Jul 24, 2015 4:41 AM

Jan 2015

Lol
Jul 24, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2011
Fantastic episode that focused mostly on how the whole zombie apocalypse started. This episode also gave Megumi a lot of characterization. Luckily Yuuri was already on the rooftop watering the garden so she was safe. Megumi and Yuki went up there for good reason too. Kurumi carried her infected senpai and sadly had to kill him herself. It seems like Yuki was truly traumatized by that event alone and probably caused her to have all these delusions now. However, I really wonder where Miki was. I'm really liking the more serious and 'zombie' themed scenes in this anime. The moe is nice and fun still too.
5/5
Jul 24, 2015 5:30 AM
Sep 2014
Riotstarter said:
Well, I guess we know who's in the grave on the roof now.

There's actually no one in there. It's a cenotaph.
Jul 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Jan 2011
Why does show has such a low score on MAL (7,78 as of writing) is a mystery to me, it has to be the most intriguing anime I've seen in a pretty long time.
Xenocrisi said:

Lol

Brilliant!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 24, 2015 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
Some additional backstory is a welcome addition. The show is proceeding nicely.
Jul 24, 2015 7:20 AM

Aug 2014
I really REALLY liked that Episode.
At first I thought that Megu was also a delusion from Yuki.
I´m happy how they did her charactar. She is also very traumatised, but does her in playing her role as carefree teacher.
The beginning of the zombie apocalypse was very intense. Normaly I´m not a big fan of zombies and moe bores me. But this show truly gets to me.
Jul 24, 2015 7:28 AM

Jan 2015
MasterMeNL said:
Why does show has such a low score on MAL (7,78 as of writing) is a mystery to me, it has to be the most intriguing anime I've seen in a pretty long time.

Gakkou Gurashi deserves MOAR!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ why MAL doesn't see the senpai power of Gakkou Gurashi!
XenocrisiJul 24, 2015 7:38 AM
Jul 24, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2012
So each episode they show us a backstory uh? I really liked that how the outbreak started.And im loking forward to see what happened to the teacher because you can say she isnt alive anymore...

DramaConJul 24, 2015 8:03 AM
Jul 24, 2015 7:57 AM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
MasterMeNL said:

At least the manga score boosted since the anime aired. It was at 7,70 before now it's at 8,12 so I guess the anime might go to the 8.00 when it ends.
Jul 24, 2015 8:09 AM
Oct 2014
Xenocrisi said:
MasterMeNL said:

Because MAL is influenced by how much hype is attached to a series. For example, Akame Ga Kill scores pretty high, even though the half the written reviews are average or negative.

Fate/Kaleid season 3 (which I am also looking forward to) has not been released, and it has 7.93 based on 102 user votes on this website as we speak.

I personally think that Anime News Network score is more accurate, though it usually comes out after a series is halfway done.
Jul 24, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
Thai777 said:
Xenocrisi said:

At least the manga score boosted since the anime aired. It was at 7,70 before now it's at 8,12 so I guess the anime might go to the 8.00 when it ends.

Yeah true, the manga before this started had 2000 members and scored 7.82, now has almost 5000 members and is scored 8.12, pretty impressive. Some senpai(s) noticed it.
My previsions are that if this keeps staying to this quality (or better) will finish with 8.35+ of score

bibotot said:
Because MAL is influenced by how much hype is attached to a series. For example, Akame Ga Kill scores pretty high, even though the half the written reviews are average or negative.

Fate/Kaleid season 3 (which I am also looking forward to) has not been released, and it has 7.93 based on 102 user votes on this website as we speak.

I personally think that Anime News Network score is more accurate, though it usually comes out after a series is halfway done.

The perfect example is Dragonball Super, it's pretty average (worse than this for sure) and has a score of 8.20 because the hype was over 9000
XenocrisiJul 24, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 24, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2015
That's so intense af.

The next episode might go straight to Miki's apearance (backstory). Looking forward into it. ^^
Jul 24, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
OrangeJP said:

Me too. Because terrorism? Japan attacked by another country? Or a company like Umbrella corp?
Jul 24, 2015 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
2gatsu said:
OrangeJP said:

Me too. Because terrorism? Japan attacked by another country? Or a company like Umbrella corp?

You'll have to wait some weeks
Jul 24, 2015 9:51 AM
Oct 2014
2gatsu said:
OrangeJP said:

It is explained (kind of) in the manga. I believe they will cover it in this anime. will not spoil what.
Jul 24, 2015 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
Why are you guys spoiling speculations and leaving REAL spoilers out in the open? -_-

Re-watching the episode, I realise that Megu-nee's hair....

Grew dramatically^ Supposedly she cut it for survival, why is it all grown back now, and with the bow? I wonder why~

bibotot said:
2gatsu said:

It is explained (kind of) in the manga. I believe they will cover it in this anime. will not spoil what.

It's not been explained, dude.

All that's been said is that
mira-pyonJul 24, 2015 10:10 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 24, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
[quote=mira-nyan]

It's not been explained, dude

[/spoiler]

Okay.
First: let me get a selfie.

Second: Calm down.

Third:
bibotot said:
(Kind of)

Fourth: if i am not wrong the girls have hypothesized why, so (Kind of).

Fifth: Dude.
XenocrisiJul 24, 2015 10:35 AM
Jul 24, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know if it is only me, but it feels through that the anime is unbalanced between cute and horror.

If this continues, I may drop it soon before it's to late...
Jul 24, 2015 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
[quote=Xenocrisi]
mira-nyan said:

It's not been explained, dude

[/spoiler]

Okay.
First: let me get a selfie.

You're killing muh sides, man.

Second: Calm down.

I am calm... ._.

Third:
bibotot said:
(Kind of)

Parentheses include extra info. And obviously the main info is much more important. And it's not 'kind of' explained in the manga either.

You're wrong.

.....Probably; the manga is still fresh in muh head.

Fifth: Dude.

Hi. I'm not a dude, tho.
Jul 24, 2015 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:
Xenocrisi said:

You're wrong.

I am pretty sure they did.
Jul 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2013

Lol why they do this?
Jul 24, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
raiken6 said:

Lol why they do this?

Oh thanks to you i noticed it in the image.
Foreshadowing for Miki's backstory in the nest episode

"Massive outbreak of violence at the Mall"
Poor Mii-kun :(
Jul 24, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, this adaptation is really surprising me, the plot is deeper than I thought and I'm enjoying the animation too, I look forward to learn more about the other girls, as well as to see what they will face ..
Jul 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
badwolf45f said:
Another great episode. I still feel like Megu-nee is dead dont know why.

Hopefully its clarified
Jul 24, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
Zer01 said:
That was a great episode. Juding from the preview, it looks like they're going to adapt Mii-kun's backstory.

I can't wait for them to do her backstory
Jul 24, 2015 1:46 PM

Jan 2015
terminador_2397 said:
badwolf45f said:
Another great episode. I still feel like Megu-nee is dead dont know why.

Hopefully its clarified

Of course it will be clarified but i wonder when since they are gonna skip that chapter (it should have been clarified this week's episode but they adapted a bonus chapter wich is a good thing too).
Jul 24, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
Megu-nee's back story
Jul 24, 2015 4:03 PM

Sep 2014
The tone shifts in this series are pretty awesome. It's amazing how some of these cute scenes actually feel heartbreaking. Beautiful stuff.
Jul 24, 2015 4:17 PM
Jul 2013
All these "speculators" - I really hate you. I am sure that at least half of you already read the manga and just want to share their knowledge by saying that they "think" that XYZ....
You really spoiled me Magu-nee's death (which now I'm pretty sure it is true) because I only felt she just doesn't have a prominent personality (something like Akarin in YuruYuri) and it is just a gag...
Please think before you spoil, even if you just "think" that something is going to happen...
Jul 24, 2015 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
matan7890 said:
All these "speculators" - I really hate you. I am sure that at least half of you already read the manga and just want to share their knowledge by saying that they "think" that XYZ....
You really spoiled me Magu-nee's death (which now I'm pretty sure it is true) because I only felt she just doesn't have a prominent personality (something like Akarin in YuruYuri) and it is just a gag...
Please think before you spoil, even if you just "think" that something is going to happen...

I doubt it that they read the manga, but honestly they can say what they want since this is a forum and it's all speculation, but I agree that they could use spoiler tag like some did.
Jul 24, 2015 5:50 PM

May 2011
Great episode as always,

I read the manga and i'm here to enjoy people's reaction, but i'm not jerk enough to spoil the story to you anime viewers here

Come on guys, at least use spoiler tag,
Let the anime-only viewers enjoy the show :)

EDIT : ironically-confirmation of spoiler removed :)
bluepand4Jul 24, 2015 6:21 PM
Jul 24, 2015 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
mira-nyan said:

You're wrong.

I am pretty sure they did.

Site it or it never happened. :I
Thai777 said:
matan7890 said:

I doubt it that they read the manga, but honestly they can say what they want since this is a forum and it's all speculation, but I agree that they could use spoiler tag like some did.

As I said, 'speculation' not 'spoiler'. A speculation is not a spoiler. If someone believes they have been spoilt by a speculation - a simple interpretation - then they do not have an opinion.

Btw, quoting Megu-nee from episode 1

'I am a casualty'.
matan7890 said:

It's not a spoiler. It's a speculation; an opinion; an interpretation. Stop acting like it ruined your life. You have your own brain, don't you? Why are you taking others' opinions like they're fact? No one out right said that Megu-nee is dead. They didn't say it's a spoiler. It's a speculation. For all you know, Megu-nee just doesn't have a prominent personality/presence. Ofc
>The girls forget her when they talk about the camp
>Before the apocalypse, she is sought for for help. But in the present, she's hardly noticed.
>Insert more things here.

I'm sure you can piece things together yourself. I repeat; not a spoiler. It's a speculation. They shouldn't BE in spoilers. They ARE NOT spoilers. They are SPECULATIONS.

bluepand4 said:
Great episode as always,

I read the manga and i'm here to enjoy people's reaction, but i'm not jerk enough to spoil the story to you anime viewers here
(like the guy at post #108, do you really think people will believe that your essay is just a "speculation"? you even mentioned that you read the manga)

Come on guys, at least use spoiler tag,
Let the anime-only viewers enjoy the show :)

He/Shes wrong, tho? It's clearly speculation.

Some of the things he/she says may be similar to the story, but it's still a speculation at best. Stop overreacting.
mira-pyonJul 24, 2015 5:59 PM
Jul 24, 2015 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
That episode really put things into perspective so far, Much needed backstory.
Jul 24, 2015 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
Thai777 said:
hlubkoj2020 said:
When Yuki trying to stop Kurumi from finishing her sempai...I was kind of mad...why you no throw Yuki off the roof lol, I'm so evil.
Yuki just basically ruin the series with her personality...or is it just me that want Yuki dead? haha

I think he was already finished after the first strike. Kurumi just went overboard and it could be bad for her sanity if she goes too long on it.

Nah, we see his raising up after the first hit. The first hit cut his throat and that hardly kills a zombie so Kurumi had to continue smashing his head in till the brain was splattered all over the place...
Jul 24, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2011
mira-nyan said:

Some of the things he/she says may be similar to the story, but it's still a speculation at best. Stop overreacting.

Yeah, right....

Anyway, i'm overreacting :D
Debating with you just make things worse, enjoy the show!
Jul 24, 2015 6:20 PM

May 2015
I think this is the first thread of an anime episode where I didn't find anyone posting shit talk, troll bait comments. Nice.

Jul 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Sep 2014
bluepand4 said:
mira-nyan said:

Yeah, right....

Anyway, i'm overreacting :D
Debating with you just make things worse, enjoy the show!

Quote and cite it or it never happened. :I

Also, a supply room:

It's different, but the way it's set out is similar.

Either way. He says it's a speculation, so the reader should think of it as that; a speculation. Tho it SHOULD be is spoilers, seeing as, according to you, he HAS read the manga.
Jul 24, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
They didn't show the background of that short-haired girl, will they do it in the following episodes?
Jul 24, 2015 9:01 PM

May 2011
mira-nyan said:
bla bla bla

Whatever dude

Jul 24, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2014
James_Rye said:
Thai777 said:

I think he was already finished after the first strike. Kurumi just went overboard and it could be bad for her sanity if she goes too long on it.

Nah, we see his raising up after the first hit. The first hit cut his throat and that hardly kills a zombie so Kurumi had to continue smashing his head in till the brain was splattered all over the place...

Rewatched it and yeah he didn't die at the first hit, but I don't think it takes that much hit to cut his head and it was confirmed that when the head is cut apart from the body the zombie die. (episode 2 when Kurumi killed that girl with a picture with her boyfriend in her cell)
Jul 24, 2015 9:33 PM

Feb 2015
So far, so great! Loved how they gave us some backstory and still skipped ahead to present time for a bit so that we could see how the characters contrasted. I'm still worried about what they're going to be able to do with the story after the first 6 or so episodes, but for now it's still the right blend of 'intense' and 'funny' without coming across as inconsistent in tone (in a way that it shouldn't).

Vellamo said:
They didn't show the background of that short-haired girl, will they do it in the following episodes?

It's reasonable to assume so isn't it? Judging from the title of episode 4 (Outing) and what we've seen so far, the next episode will probably be about her.

Thai777 said:
James_Rye said:

Rewatched it and yeah he didn't die at the first hit, but I don't think it takes that much hit to cut his head and it was confirmed that when the head is cut apart from the body the zombie die. (episode 2 when Kurumi killed that girl with a picture with her boyfriend in her cell)

It's pretty clear that he was dead by the second or third strike. Kurumi wouldn't have been so calm about Yuki stopping her if that wasn't the case.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 24, 2015 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, people, calm down.
Yes, I did read the manga, I won't lie.
But I tried my best to only base my speculations on the facts shown in the anime.
From reading the discussion theads starting with episode 1 and to this one I had a feeling it was a common belief that Megu-nee is dead, and even if someone started reading the discussion without that belief, they would get the feeling that Megu-nee is dead long before my post. So I was stating Megu-nee is dead based on that common belief, not on my knowledge of manga, okay? Then I threw in some facts (from the anime!) that confirm that belief.
Well, maybe I went too far with stating the room was full with supplies. Now that I think of it, it may as well be an archive with documents. But then again do schools have this many documents? And why would Megu-nee come to an archive? Unless it was just the first room she found shelter in after gettign bitten (which, again, is an assumption I make from her writing her last will, okay?), but in a school a random room would most probably be a classroom.
Jul 24, 2015 10:52 PM

Dec 2013
Who gives a crap whether one has read the manga or not. I personally haven't, and may just be enticed to by watching this show (Gangsta did it to me in Episode 3, I subsequently blew through 41 chapters, no lie). Even if it doesn't generate sufficient interest for me to read the manga, as a curious person, I'd still want to know what happens in the story, even after the 12 episodes of anime are done.

Facts are, even in the first episode, any observant person could tell that Yuki is delusional, suffering from PTSD, and whatnot. That plants the thought in our heads to just how much of the world shown in the anime are a part of her delusions, and how much is actually real. They did a pretty good job at hiding Megu-nee's mortality in the first 3 episodes, but as I said, anyone observant enough would be able to tell that there are obvious signs that her particular character isn't exactly what they are trying to portray to viewers (i.e. A teacher who is still with her students in such a time of crisis).
The clues are all there:
- No one talks to her until Yuki talks to her. Yuki is always the only one to
- Everyone forgets about her when they are making plans for the "Four" of them
- you NEVER see her eating (like EVER), and they always seem to forget to make her food.
- The fourth girl always acts like she never knew her at all.
- She suddenly appears (outside the barrier, when they went outside looking for supplies at the store) and disappears (during the library incident) way too conveniently, so that when the other girls find Yuki, she's always found alone (from the other girls perspective).

That said, the studio has done a great job in blurring the lines between Yuki's delusional perspective and the perspective of the other girls, so that they integrated Megu-nee's character in without a hitch (casual viewers probably think nothing of it) until a later "Big Reveal" will have said viewers doing a double-take and going back on all the apparent clues (which are all there) in surprise.

Even without the manga reader's input, I feel like any observant viewer who feels like speculating would have figured things out with all the clues given.

Hanako_Seishin said:
Wow, people, calm down.
Yes, I did read the manga, I won't lie.
But I tried my best to only base my speculations on the facts shown in the anime.
From reading the discussion theads starting with episode 1 and to this one I had a feeling it was a common belief that Megu-nee is dead, and even if someone started reading the discussion without that belief, they would get the feeling that Megu-nee is dead long before my post. So I was stating Megu-nee is dead based on that common belief, not on my knowledge of manga, okay? Then I threw in some facts (from the anime!) that confirm that belief.
Well, maybe I went too far with stating the room was full with supplies. Now that I think of it, it may as well be an archive with documents. But then again do schools have this many documents? And why would Megu-nee come to an archive? Unless it was just the first room she found shelter in after gettign bitten (which, again, is an assumption I make from her writing her last will, okay?), but in a school a random room would most probably be a classroom.

Yeah, I think you went a bit overboard with the room full of supplies. My first glance at the room, I thought it looked like a morgue, but then I realized there shouldn't be one in a school. My second guess was a document archive room. Never would have imagined it to be a supply room. Still, props on your first post, I read through it and the imagery you derived from the episode was pretty good, I also agree with your "speculations" as well. ;)
L-RyoshiJul 24, 2015 11:04 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2015 12:28 AM

Jan 2015
I am having fun reading the comments, at least, i have something to do finally.
I love the fact that there are really few haters.

Why don't we do something? Before you post something you have to say:
Speculation (Manga-reader//Not Manga-reader): bla bla bla
So someone can expect a spoiler-ish but not a completely spoiler speculation (since the anime is different in some ways) and vice-versa if he/she is not a manga-reader.
Obviously this is just an advice to resolve the problem because looks like this is the problem here.

@mira-nyan:
Now i search, i just woke up and i am pretty stupid now, in some hours i'll site it here (if i find it)
XenocrisiJul 25, 2015 12:42 AM
Jul 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
I am having fun reading the comments, at least, i have something to do finally.
I love the fact that there are really few haters.

Why don't we do something? Before you post something you have to say:
Speculation (Manga-reader//Not Manga-reader): bla bla bla
So someone can expect a spoiler-ish but not a completely spoiler speculation (since the anime is different in some ways) and vice-versa if he/she is not a manga-reader.
Obviously this is just an advice to resolve the problem because looks like this is the problem here.

@mira-nyan:
Now i search, i just woke up and i am pretty stupid now, in some hours i'll site it here (if i find it)

As I said, whether or not it's a spoiler, if the poster says it's speculation, then it's speculation. There is no such thing as a 'spoiler-ish speculation'. the phrase contradicts itself, even. A speculation cannot be a spoiler because it's someone's opinion. I don't get why that's so hard for some people(not you) to grasp. It's only a spoiler if you think it as such. It'd be a different thing if he just starts spewing about things that'll possibly happen and then decides to write out the manga's plot. And, like he said, altho he's read the manga, all of his post is based on the anime alone. And it does look like it's based on the anime, considering

The spoiler tag is for spoilers; he didn't outright say things directly from the manga, so it's still a speculation. The reader should acknowledge it as such and should just pass it off as another person's opinion/hypothesis/interpretation. It shouldn't be this big a problem. Unless, ofc, said person does not have an opinion and said person only believes in what others say and has no mental power to create a speculation of their own? :/

Guyz, don't jinx it. If you say things like 'they're no/hardly any haters' or 'not trolls', then the trolls and haters are gonna come running for this section! >n<
mira-pyonJul 25, 2015 4:11 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

381 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

537 by MrList »»
Jun 10, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.