Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
ArtemisFlow said:
99% of the episode budget went into Otae violently grabbing breasts
Jun 10, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
This episode managed to catch me off guard so much, the reveal of kondo was just perfect, also its great to see what sougo potentially may of looked like back when he was originally supposed to be a girl

Also bravo to the voice actresses, especially gin's

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 10, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Gender Swap... Only Otae and Shinpachi not swap gender. Shinpachi only got pink glasses LoL. Ginko-chan fu*king awesome when he/she acting like high school girl. Otae grabbing Bo*bs so hard, dammit she had a tough hand! XD. That ending :P

*HaHa HaHa HaHa.....*
Jun 10, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
I was already contented with the episode it made me burst out laughing more than I should had, but then the ED came and fcked me all over again, was not expecting them to change the ED just for the genderbender arc! Gintama does it again!

PS: Ginko is freaking hot!
Jun 10, 2015 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
omg best episode yet 10/10

sakata ginko is best girl of the series, hands down. and kagura offering to show her(him) how to pee was frickin hilarious.

also, i don't know how i didn't realize this as i was reading the manga, but sougo looks exactly like his original concept art.

sougo's original design
Jun 10, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
Oh god when Hijikata showed up I was laughing so hard my sides hurt
Jun 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
my sides... need a breather... i cant laugh anymore >_<
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jun 10, 2015 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
LOL this is shaping up to be a pretty hilarious arc
Jun 10, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
did not expect hijikata to be like that i love this ep i laughed so much
Jun 10, 2015 3:28 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Jyubei <3 Otae

My favorite moments were when Ginko was embracing her inner female xD and calling herself Vagi** and Shinpachi's glasses turning pink. And of course being Gintama, they put the extra effort of changing the ED =). I wonder if they are going to do the same for next episode's opening.

Did not expect Kondo or Hijikata to look like that LOL.

Can't wait for the next episode, this one is my current fave and probably going to be my favorite arc.
Jun 10, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2007
This is so fucking amazing. Not too fond of Gintoki's deep voice and wish Kyu-chan had an actual man's voice to match that super sexy *v* new look, but none of that changes the awesomeness. Can't wait for Tsukuyo next week!!

And the ending lol. Too bad we probably won't see Sakamoto as a girl (please say I'm wrong ;_;)
Jun 10, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2010
can sameone please tell me how long this arc will be
more than 5 episode ?
Jun 10, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
Kagura-dun guys, PLEASE. My sides can't handle this arc, please let it be long.
Jun 10, 2015 6:41 PM
Jan 2014
Best episode so far!!
Jun 10, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2010
Ginko confirmed for best girl.

10/10 episode. Laughed throughout this whole episode. Really going to love this arc.
Jun 10, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
awesome.... I was really hoping to see this arc animated this season :D
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 10, 2015 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Yo this is arc is gonna be hella good please be more then 2 episodes! this season didn't start as strong as i wanted but these last few episodes have been making up for it

just when you thought they did it all leave it to gintama to a Add gender bend to the list of crazy stuff they've done lol
Jun 10, 2015 8:53 PM

Mar 2015
Monochrome said:
Too bad we probably won't see Sakamoto as a girl (please say I'm wrong ;_;)
nope, we wont.
baltazak said:
can sameone please tell me how long this arc will be
more than 5 episode ?
around 3-4.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 10, 2015 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

Definitely the best one since the lottery one!!

Ginsu Sakata is the best!! Kondo has the best improvement, and Kagura LOL!

Shinpachi is just Shinpachi. Sadaharu turned into a complete different animal XD

At least Kyu- I mean Jyubei can fulfill his dreams as a man :P

Lol Otae grabbing everyone's life!! She must be jealous as hell!!

To be honest i thought Ginsu was voiced by Kyubei's Seiyuu since they both sound each other at times, but once she cracks some jokes, it's definitely a different Seiyuu.

Though when Ginsu started talking like a highschool girl, i laughed out as hell XD

Though when Otae touched Kondo's Kondo, she look like she was being felt up!

Okita looks like a bad girl XD Hijikata man oh man!!

Here's the seiyuu for the gender swap :)

Ginsu Sakata - Haruka Tomatsu
Jubei Yagyu - Fumiko Orikasa
Shinpachi Shimura - Daisuke Sakaguchi
Kagura Atsushi - Kōji Ishii
Seki Tobaharu - Mikako Takahashi
Gori-ko Kondo - Chiaki Takahashi
X-ko Hijikata - Kazuya Nakai
Fusako Okita - Shizuka Ito
Shisako Yamazaki - Tetsuharu Ota

Can't wait for more Gender swap roles!! Hope this arc last for another 3 episodes+!

SomaHeirJun 10, 2015 9:07 PM
Jun 10, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2008
This was an awesome episode. Hope this arc last for more than 2 episodes, always enjoy seeing characters gender swapped.
Jun 10, 2015 9:55 PM

Feb 2011
Liking Kondo's henshin... He looks like a female character from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 LOL!
Jun 10, 2015 9:58 PM

May 2015
very funny episode for opening the new arc, keep fun..
Jun 10, 2015 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite ep from this season so far. Mansengumi....
Jun 10, 2015 10:21 PM
Jul 2010
BiriBiri21 said:
Ray_Light said:
Lol Kagura Dun
Lol pink glasses.. Seriously? xD

Wha...Wha...w-what?? Kondo become a blonde woman?
Lol Hijikata seriously? Poor soul xD

Dat ED song
Tsukki, ninja stalker, Elizabeth, Zura, trio tough women (Otose & co.) still same as before.. maybe because they haven't appeared yet?
Teh why Anpan girl is already there? xD

Also Itou Shizukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-samaaaaaaaaa as Sougo(F)!!!!!! xD
Tomatsu Haruka as Ginko
Takahashi Chiaki as Kondou Goriko
Ishii Kouji - Kaguraton/Dun?
Gonna miss the original seiyuu xD

TOMATSU HARUKA , really??? SUGOI!! <3 <3 <3

If Haruka Tomatsu did the role of Ginko...

My thought:

Hey Kirito, how is Asuna's kiss taste like, Chocolate Parfait or Strawberry Milk?
Jun 10, 2015 10:50 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was awesome XDD

Read this arc in manga like a few months ago but I still laugh so hard with Kagura Dun lfmao
Jun 11, 2015 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
Classic Gintama, hilarious. Ginko-san is fucking hot.
Jun 11, 2015 12:45 AM

Sep 2009
I'm not very pleased with seiyuu choice except Sougo's one, Shizuka Ito sounds great.
Ginko acting like a HS girl is cute too, but other swaps ~_~ Well, I'm just fan of original cast, can't be helped.

Lookinf forward to see Sarutobi-kun and Tsukuo ^^
Jun 11, 2015 12:54 AM

Sep 2008
Ginko-chan turned me into a lesbian.
Jun 11, 2015 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
Banu02 said:
I'm not very pleased with seiyuu choice except Sougo's one, Shizuka Ito sounds great.
Ginko acting like a HS girl is cute too, but other swaps ~_~ Well, I'm just fan of original cast, can't be helped.

Tomatsu Haruka did a great job so far imo. She's pretty good in comedy roles. Kannagi wouldn't have been the same without her.

Not familiar with Kondo's female va but the voice reminded of femme fatale characters from 80's anime, really good contrast against the disgusting gorilla inside.
Jun 11, 2015 3:49 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was SO GOOD. I can't wait for next week, female Gintoki is hot though.

I watch anime.

Jun 11, 2015 4:01 AM

Mar 2014
Holy fucking hell! This a GOAT episode. Every minute is worthy of being posted about.

Until this ep, Gin & Toshi's escapade was the funniest and best one for me, but this episode just blew it out the fucking water.

I thought Zurako the Crossdresser fucked with my sexuality, but Sorachi just blew my sexual orientation out of proportion with this episode.

P.S. If mayo 'caused Hijikata to go full BBW, shouldn't the sugar 'cause the same affect for Gintoki?
ziggy_ZJun 11, 2015 4:10 AM
Jun 11, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
Holy freaking crap.... so Tomatsu Haruka voiced Ginko! no wonder I liked it! awesome choice!!!!! now Im loving Ginko more than I should have!
Jun 11, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2014
Godly episode. I loved this arc in the Manga, and Anime's even better! Gorilla as a girl's hilarious. But yeah, Hijikata just takes the cake. Laughed for a long time seeing him.
Jun 11, 2015 7:25 AM
Jul 2010
Sangaz said:
Banu02 said:

Tomatsu Haruka did a great job so far imo. She's pretty good in comedy roles. Kannagi wouldn't have been the same without her.

Not familiar with Kondo's female va but the voice reminded of femme fatale characters from 80's anime, really good contrast against the disgusting gorilla inside.

You mean Chiaki Takahashi, she did Litchi of Blazblue. Maybe she's fit to be Goriko. Also Shizuka Itou as Sou-chan... epic. Kouji Ishii as Kaguraton... wow, Ryuujin from Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba channels himself as Xiahou Dun.

Kaguraton: Damn you, Kongming!

Oh yeah, Kongming is Zhuge Liang's style name and a hilarious in hindsight: Sho Hayami did his role as Zhuge Liang in Mitsuteru Yokoyama's Romance of Three Kingdoms. He did his role in Gintama as Kagura's papi named Umibouzu.

That 'My thought for Haruka Tomatsu' was an Actor Allusion since she did her role in Sword Art Online as Asuna Yuuki, I just give Kirito a funny question about the flavor of her kiss.

Up next, now WHO will voice as Ayato Sarutobi, Tsukuo, Otose, Catherine etc...

I feel for you, Nakai-san. I feel for you.

Hijikata: why don't you staff chose Toyoguchi? She can voice as Moe Yabasawa as well...

Staff: sorry about that. She did Kirara at pen pal arc.

Hijikata: aww....
1000windsGinJun 11, 2015 7:31 AM
Jun 11, 2015 7:42 AM
Dec 2012
ziggy_Z said:

P.S. If mayo 'caused Hijikata to go full BBW, shouldn't the sugar 'cause the same affect for Gintoki?

Sugar went to boobs while Mayo went for your entire body
Jun 11, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
Lmao, this is gonna be a good arc.
Jun 11, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2014
This is one of the reasons to really appreciate Gintama's anime.

They ALWAYS even take the tame to modify the openings or endings depending of the arc. There are times which are Easter eggs, like Madao in Dilemma OP or Kurokono in this season's Day X Day but when they do it all the way down it's always awesome.

Jun 11, 2015 8:01 AM
Mar 2013
Oh my sides! This one might just replace the drunk arc as the funniest.
Jun 11, 2015 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Ouch! I cringed hard at Otae's boob grabs; they looked so painful.
Nevertheless, this was an excellent episode. I loved how everyone turned out in the end. Gin and Sougo in particular looked pretty awesome gender-swapped.

The comedy was also top notched. I laughed at the Kyubei->Jyubei joke, at Shinpachi's "transformation" and at "Cunsengumi".^^ Kondo's new body also came as a big surprise. I first thought the blonde woman was Toujou, Kyubei's servant, so the reveal caught me off guard.
Jun 11, 2015 9:14 AM

May 2013
Hijikata as a girl was the best!! It's sad they didn't change the VA for him though.
spoon and rocket and cheese and me
Jun 11, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
Another funny episode. Hijikata LOL!
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 11, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode like always. The best moment for me was Shinpachi xD I can't wait for the next week.
Jun 11, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, I hadn't laugh like that in a long time. Fuck man, it hurt xD

So, for when the doujin with Ginko ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Who am I kidding, they probably are already there.

I am extremely conflicted, because even though I ship GintokixTae, I also ship Jyubei KyubeixTae :/
This is a lifetime conflict, I don't think I'll find an issue. To make it more complicated, I also ship GintokixTsukuyo! I think I'm doomed to be unhappy...

Anyway, that episode was fucking great. I don't know why, I really expected Kondo-san to be a beauty, but I didn't expected fat Hijitaka :P
Shinpachi having girly glasses was so predictable.

I want to see more of schoolgirl Ginko!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 11, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
fem gin-chan is so moe lmfao I cant

sougo tho
10000000000000/10 love
Jun 11, 2015 2:12 PM
Jul 2010
And some usual pervert circles will do the doujinshi for Ginko, Souko and Goriko because they look beautiful in their art specially for pixiv.

How about 'teach me, Ginko-sensei!' Omake.

For those who didn't know the va of fortune teller, it was Mitsuki Saiga who did this role.

Famous role:

Shibai Chuutatsu of Ikki tousen
Makubex of GetBackers
KT of Ixion Saga DT
1000windsGinJun 11, 2015 2:23 PM
Jun 11, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
Based from what I've seen so far, this arc is

Like seriously Kondo is

And whoever is the voice actress of "Ginko", she really fits in to the role
making herself welcome to the messed up setting of Gintama

I can't wait to see male Tsukki

Jun 11, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2011
AMAZING !!!!!!

Died from this episode

From Kondo OMFG XDD to Hijikata 0____0 XDXD LOL!!!!
Jun 11, 2015 9:21 PM
Oct 2012
It may be me, but what made this episode even more fantastic is that even though it was written 2 or 3 years ago it came out the same week that Bruce Kardasian decided to pimp for his new reality show.

Lets be clear, his "coming out" is a marketing event, as indicated by the simultaneous decision by ESPN to give him the "courage" award. Hint, next time wait a month or two to make it seem like you digested the news first and then decided to recognize it instead of proving to be a pathetic marketing POS that jumps on the newest bandwagon.

I supported gay marriage and even transgender back in the 80s before it was cool, but I friggin hate having corporate behemoths telling me how I am "supposed" to think. Indeed their support is the one thing that would have me running in the opposite direction. I hate a pathetic country that would turn the Kardasians into celebrities, I hate even more any country that would turn a Kardasian hanger on into a celebrity. Debase yourselves, but don't ask me to debase myself. Bruce Kardasian is a miserable human being, if he wants my respect then show the determination to cut your unit off. That I would give credit to, anything short is nothing more than a spoiled brat's cry for attention.

Sorry to go on a rant here, loved this episode, but Kyuube's indecision is infinitely more interesting than that killing joke that has gotten far too much airtime. The gender indecision of the characters here seems far more real than the farce we are given in America.
Jun 11, 2015 9:46 PM

Oct 2011
Ray_Light said:
Lol Kagura Dun
Lol pink glasses.. Seriously? xD

Wha...Wha...w-what?? Kondo become a blonde woman?
Lol Hijikata seriously? Poor soul xD

Dat ED song
Tsukki, ninja stalker, Elizabeth, Zura, trio tough women (Otose & co.) still same as before.. maybe because they haven't appeared yet?
Teh why Anpan girl is already there? xD

Also Itou Shizukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-samaaaaaaaaa as Sougo(F)!!!!!! xD
Tomatsu Haruka as Ginko
Takahashi Chiaki as Kondou Goriko
Ishii Kouji - Kaguraton/Dun?
Gonna miss the original seiyuu xD

Anpan girl appeared in this episode in the background. When the Cunsengumi arrived XD.
Jun 11, 2015 10:30 PM
Jul 2010
Lucky for these 4 original voice actors who got their rest.

(Meanwhile in TV Tokyo...)

Sugibro: wow... isn't that Asuna doing my genderbent role?

Suzuken: isn't that Shizukan on my genderbent role?

Chiba Susumu: isn't that Chiaking doing my genderbent role?

Sugibro: lucky you that she did your role as Isami Kondou in Sengokore.

CS: you are right.

(Rie Kugimiya got a ROFL moment where Kouji Ishii did his genderbent role of her)

RK: (chuckles) Mitsukake did my genderbent role as Kagura.

(All seiyuus laughed)

RK: anyone for a hotpot, guys?

Sugibro, Suzuken and CS: yes, Tsundere Ojou-sama!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by shikoiru »»
Aug 10, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 17, 2016

87 by shikoiru »»
Aug 10, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Jan 20, 2016

160 by shikoiru »»
Aug 9, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

253 by 0ssi »»
Aug 7, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Mar 16, 2016

175 by 0ssi »»
Aug 6, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.