Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
NeoAnkara said:
iNoto-san said:

I disagree, this season should be completely removed from the sequels after DxD next and be included in a separate section [spin off].
As detached as this is to LN it is still proper sequel from New.

Not even close.
Jun 13, 2015 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Even if it come as a bit nonsensical to LN reader I still think this is good. Forget about adaptation as I think it is as separate entry.

If you look at it closely like lyric in OP for example everything that happen up until now made sense. Because of all loving hero Issei is and his past he failed to notice Rias change. Rias is there when he save Koneko and also when he save Asia. Her desire to be treated as equal is what driving motivation for this season. She always want Issei to watch her the way he watch other too. It might look like childern tanturm but I can see where this is coming from.

Also Azazal lending Fafnir not giving it.

It's still bullshit since now if hte story ever reaches the Transilvania arc there's no mystery about what the hell Azazel gave Asia before he left with Rias and Kiba. I used to be naive like you once. Then I had to face facts.

Yeah, because the 4th arc had any chances of being animated to begin with.
Jun 13, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
AverageFanboy said:
Darklight0303 said:

As if that makes any of this crap right. Spoiler. It doesn't.

What crap? As I said, it doesn't get in the way of adaptating the rest of the 3rd arc. If you don't like it, hey, it's fine, different opinions exist after all. But nothing Ishibumi did makes it such a big deal, specially considering he constantly retcons stuff in the LNs.

My point is, if you're going to hate on someone, hate on the person that made the changes, aka Ishibumi, and not the ones who were just paid to animate the script he gave them.

He only stated that he was proud or something along those lines with the work after ep 1-2.
Jun 13, 2015 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
iNoto-san said:
NeoAnkara said:
As detached as this is to LN it is still proper sequel from New.

Not even close.
Please which part of it detached from the prequel? None.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 13, 2015 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
iNoto-san said:
AverageFanboy said:

What crap? As I said, it doesn't get in the way of adaptating the rest of the 3rd arc. If you don't like it, hey, it's fine, different opinions exist after all. But nothing Ishibumi did makes it such a big deal, specially considering he constantly retcons stuff in the LNs.

My point is, if you're going to hate on someone, hate on the person that made the changes, aka Ishibumi, and not the ones who were just paid to animate the script he gave them.

He only stated that he was proud or something along those lines with the work after ep 1-2.

Hmm, and the idea of introducing the plot point that will appear in the next LN came from who I wonder?
There were some times where he said on his twitter he liked certain scenes or aspects more than the way he did in the LN. JD and the Koneko-Kuroka relationship for example.
removed-userJun 13, 2015 5:12 PM
Jun 13, 2015 5:05 PM

Aug 2014
AverageFanboy said:
Darklight0303 said:

Because the armor took the brunt of getting hit by Cao Cao's spear. Again your desperation to defend this atrocity of an adaptation is nothing short of laughable.

What's laughable is that you actually think Azazel would die easily like that. He cut his own arm off like it was nothing. And Cao Cao himself said Azazel could mop the floor with him, so really, your point is moot.

It is funny that now you say how strong Azazel is but in topic "Change: Good or Bad? (Spoiler)" you did not even call his name when you argued with me about if it was enough strong team for Loki or not. ;)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 13, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
This ep sucked. He shoukd have divided her ass, gg.
Jun 13, 2015 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
I won't write off the whole season as terrible, or swear that "I'M DONE WITH DXD!!!"
this season was just, by and large, disappointing.

my thoughts:
(-) training turned into a crappy montage
(-) no sitri rating game
(-) loki and fenrir designs
(-) akeno development cut
(-) AO ending
(+) volume 6

it looks a little lopsided, but I still won't call the season terrible, just disappointing.... my score will definitely drop, though, compared to the first two seasons

@averagefanboy... you're arguing all over the place that everything is awesome, and it's clear for anyone to see that you're completely blind to all the bad in this season. if Ishibumi shit in a cone and called it ice cream, you'd probably lap it up and say it was the best you'd ever had. try to be a little more objective
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 13, 2015 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
I never expected to see Rias in Balance Breaker form.
Jun 13, 2015 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
mg021 said:
I won't write off the whole season as terrible, or swear that "I'M DONE WITH DXD!!!"
this season was just, by and large, disappointing.

my thoughts:
(-) training turned into a crappy montage
(-) no sitri rating game
(-) loki and fenrir designs
(-) akeno development cut
(-) AO ending
(+) volume 6

it looks a little lopsided, but I still won't call the season terrible, just disappointing.... my score will definitely drop, though, compared to the first two seasons

@averagefanboy... you're arguing all over the place that everything is awesome, and it's clear for anyone to see that you're completely blind to all the bad in this season. if Ishibumi shit in a cone and called it ice cream, you'd probably lap it up and say it was the best you'd ever had. try to be a little more objective

I never said everything is awesome. I said the changes don't get in the way of the rest of the 3rd arc being adapted and that the original plot line is not worse than some things we get in the LNs. The only thing I gave a shit about even before the season started was JD and volume 6. I got it, so my rating will be high.
Jun 13, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
Fafnir jewel is still intact with sacred gear. Therefore he is still bounded by Azazel. And Asia having Fafnir is not much as twist as why did Azazel give it in the first place.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 13, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Fafnir jewel is still intact with sacred gear. Therefore he is still bounded by Azazel. And Asia having Fafnir is not much as twist as why did Azazel give it in the first place.

Is not so much a twist because NOW YOU KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN. You don't get to say it's not a surprise when this is already something that happened in the source material, buddy.
Jun 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2008
I swear to fucking god they BETTER make it up in the last episode and this shit with Rias better last the first 5 minutes, if they don't I will lose a lot of respect for Japan because there've been on a role for pissing me the hell off.
Jun 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
More action this episode and the finale is approaching. Hopefully, it turns out good.
Jun 13, 2015 5:53 PM

Feb 2014
Rias armor looks a bit weird... maybe it's not meant for female people to wear it.
Jun 13, 2015 6:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rias going Balance Breaker caught me by surprise but apart from that in really liked the emotions in this episode

I wonder how this will end now
Jun 13, 2015 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
Keep your LN stuff outta this thread. Jesus Christ.
Jun 13, 2015 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
But God and Christ already die here.
Jun 13, 2015 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
Tyrel said:
But God and Christ already die here.

This joke never gets old. lol
Jun 13, 2015 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
Come to my profile if you guys want spoilery discussion with me.
Jun 13, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
So Issei and his harem is going into the Dimensional Gap to save Rias.
Rias transform into Issei balance breaker form...looking good I would say.
Damn, I thought Loki is dead already Issei hit him with that big hammer.
The fight between two red dragon balance breaker form...going to be epic.
Last episode next week...why...just why...
Jun 13, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
Really, do they gonna make this the final adaptation of DxD? If they really intend to make a sequel again after this, they need to somehow:

well, might as well expect the worst since the're's no way they gonna do all those stuff in one episode left.
Jun 13, 2015 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
tr1ckst3r said:
Really, do they gonna make this the final adaptation of DxD? If they really intend to make a sequel again after this, they need to somehow:

well, might as well expect the worst since the're's no way they gonna do all those stuff in one episode left.

Saji already got the other Vritra Gears, so I don't think this is necessary.

That deity was confirmed by Ishibumi to appear a few weeks ago on his blog.

In episode 6 or 7 Azazel said that documentary about Ise got really popular with children and that they'd make a theme song about it, so it's all set up to happen.

The consequences of JD were said in ep 10 last week.
Jun 13, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
I'm still annoyed by the fact that Ria's still being controlled... btw fuck you script writers!! seriously..
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 13, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
I'm still annoyed by the fact that Ria's still being controlled... btw fuck you script writers!! seriously..
basically ur saying fuck the author who is the one making all these changes
Jun 13, 2015 8:43 PM

Jan 2014
Moodie said:
DeadZeroSource said:

oh...so it's his doing, oh ok then... fuck him too... just my honest opinion sorry... :3
A warrior of youth,
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 13, 2015 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Moodie said:
DeadZeroSource said:

I actually understand people hating this kind of plotline in particular rather than just being different from the source material. This kind of stuff would put me off too if it wasn't for the fact that I know this isn't that type of series and nothing bad will happen.

I think the reason I'm liking it is because we never had such an intense/extreme plotline in the LN, specially regarding Rias, her arcs were always either fairy tale-like or just dramatic. This made my heart clench and I loved it.
Jun 13, 2015 9:05 PM
May 2015
After watching the episode, I expected it to be worse from the comments but I enjoyed it. If things such as Chichigami and the song are set to appear (probably in the coming OVA) then we might get a S4 after all. I guess I'll have to wait for the Loki fight.......
Jun 13, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2013
No boobs, but we get Rossweisse. Good enough for me.
Although Rias in Balance Breaker isn't what I want to see, it looks cool though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 13, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
Sorry for another bitch comment but as a follower of the DXD series this is quite the disappointing episode. A Whole 20 minutes wasted at absolutely nothing happening other than what we already knew. They beat around the bush and waste time. All that happened here could have been done in less than 7 minutes. With more tits to spare and story. For shame writers. :/
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jun 13, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2014
I haven't watched it yet, but I will laugh out loud... I told you guys, this was going to become crappy as soon as episode 10 happened.. Anyways, I am out
Jun 13, 2015 9:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
iNoto-san said:
NeoAnkara said:
Even if it come as a bit nonsensical to LN reader I still think this is good. Forget about adaptation as I think it is as separate entry.

If you look at it closely like lyric in OP for example everything that happen up until now made sense. Because of all loving hero Issei is and his past he failed to notice Rias change. Rias is there when he save Koneko and also when he save Asia. Her desire to be treated as equal is what driving motivation for this season. She always want Issei to watch her the way he watch other too. It might look like childern tanturm but I can see where this is coming from.

Also Azazal lending Fafnir not giving it.

I disagree, this season should be completely removed from the sequels after DxD next and be included in a separate section [spin off].
The exact same could be said for every other bad anime adaptation throughout history
Jun 13, 2015 9:48 PM

Dec 2014
Rossweise eyecatch is just wow
Jun 13, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
Wait wait wait a minute. Are people actually taking this series seriously to begin with? It's a fucking ecchi harem anime with a somewhat interesting, yet rather mediocre plot. I enjoy it, but it was never a masterpiece to begin with.
Jun 13, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
Moronic_Genius said:
Wait wait wait a minute. Are people actually taking this series seriously to begin with? It's a fucking ecchi harem anime with a somewhat interesting, yet rather mediocre plot. I enjoy it, but it was never a masterpiece to begin with.

Anime-yes. Novel - is not some based on ecchi-only story. In novel we have (in anime many things cut)- epic battles, good world description, solid story and many little things,which nevertheless make story more interesting.
Jun 14, 2015 12:42 AM
May 2015
1 more to go and I hope they don't make another one.
Jun 14, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
AverageFanboy said:
Moodie said:

I actually understand people hating this kind of plotline in particular rather than just being different from the source material. This kind of stuff would put me off too if it wasn't for the fact that I know this isn't that type of series and nothing bad will happen.

I think the reason I'm liking it is because we never had such an intense/extreme plotline in the LN, specially regarding Rias, her arcs were always either fairy tale-like or just dramatic. This made my heart clench and I loved it.

Ignorance really is a blessing for you
Jun 14, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
HaXXspetten said:
iNoto-san said:

The exact same could be said for every other bad anime adaptation throughout history

ANd so it should. Hell look at the Original FMA and FMA Brotherhood
Jun 14, 2015 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
It's pretty obvious to me that the way they're ending this means there won't be another season.
Jun 14, 2015 2:13 AM

Oct 2011
So much BS this episode XD
Well, they can still continue normally next season seeing that Asya still got Fafnir & Ghasper showed his ability to turn into bats which was supposed to be seen in the Rating games... although all of the emotional impact to show the character development has been lost forever.
P.S. Rias looked nice in Dragon Armor

Jun 14, 2015 2:21 AM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
HaXXspetten said:

If you want to make an example at least pick a good one. FMA is obviously separate entry because it's not sequel but remake. It will be better if you choose something like Hayate for example.
Jun 14, 2015 3:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Darklight0303 said:

If you want to make an example at least pick a good one. FMA is obviously separate entry because it's not sequel but remake. It will be better if you choose something like Hayate for example.
Or Grisaia no Kajitsu lol
Jun 14, 2015 3:13 AM

Oct 2011
Moronic_Genius said:

In the anime it might be that way, but in the light novels I'm willing to say that it can be compared even to DBZ

Jun 14, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AverageFanboy said:

sorry I did red a bit some of a bit of information about the LN, so i just really don't like how is it turning out right now... this is really is completely different from it but I don't mind, but what's with all these almost NTR plot? the author has fetish for them? whats the next title for the possible next season?
build? birth?
DeadZeroSourceJun 15, 2015 3:04 AM
A warrior of youth,
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 14, 2015 3:32 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was actually so boring.
Looking foward to next week, hope they have a nice season finale!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2015 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
AverageFanboy said:

What ignorance? I've been reading the LNs for years.
Jun 14, 2015 6:01 AM

Feb 2013
Anime Original Content is always Worst-case-scenario For any adaptation (Except Sailor moon, when i was a Kid i loved all them episodes) But the first To-love-ru season and both Rosario X vampire seasons are pretty much Crap compared to the Manga

I haven't Read The LN But if this adaptation has Changed/skipped As much as Rosario did than i would be mad as hell aswell :D

In the Second Season of To-love-ru they went straight into following the manga in every single detail (95% of the time) and it got confuseing because the end of the 1st season plot and storyline diden't match the 2nd season at all, (Because s1 was pretty much all anime original)

Hopefully Season 4 of DxD will do something like that.. just Start following the Source in every single detail again and please.. 24 episode seasons -.- This 12 episode stuff is annoying and makes the season feel rushed
Jun 14, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2008
DeadZeroSource said:
Darklight0303 said:

sorry I did red a bit some of a bit of information about the VN, so i just really don't like how is it turning out right now... this is really is completely different from it but I don't mind, but what's with all these almost NTR plot? the author has fetish for them? whats the next title for the possible next season?
build? birth?

I wasn't replying to you. and none of this crap happened in the novels so this is all anime original bullshit
Jun 14, 2015 6:47 AM

Dec 2013
Kind of a meh episode, was a letdown imo, hope they come on top for the final ep.

Also was especting to see a "final form" in Rias but not as Issei's Balance Break, but oh well, guess Issei's doppelganger went "all out" on her xD

Really hope they wrap this season up decently in the last ep!
Jun 14, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
no single nipple has been shown in this episode (except transition card in the middle)
and it's good
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

343 by YourAvarageGuy »»
Aug 18, 4:52 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

141 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.