Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2015
Epicenter said:
Archer seems to love being a showman and repeating himself, rather than just straight up doing what he says he wants to do and straight up murdering a fucker. He's trying to teach it seems.

Well he's trying to prove to Shirou (himself) that he really was wrong for following his ideals, that it's right that he regrets what he has done.
May 23, 2015 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
Lool "Defeat the me that is yourself" I'm sure Kamina would soil himself if he heard this xD

Episode was meh, but the OST was godly
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 23, 2015 4:24 PM

May 2015
Mich666 said:
I dunno, it was animated well and everything and they finally(!) let us hear at least something of Shirou's inner voice but they changed things... and it almost felt like they are dragging it for too long.

Also, why does it seems they mixed Fate and UBW again? Avallon shouldn't heal him at this part or are they implying he CREATED the sheat in himself by finding the sword in his mind? That's bullshit to me, if anything they should sent Saber to him to heal him but even that would be contrary to what this scene should be about and that is to fight against him only by sheer will and belief in his ideal.

I agree with this completely, I really hope they show this next episode by having Archer completely beat down Shirou who's just barely surviving and fighting thanks to the strength of his belief in his ideals.

Nov 2014
Epicenter said:
Archer seems to love being a showman and repeating himself, rather than just straight up doing what he says he wants to do and straight up murdering a fucker. He's trying to teach it seems.

Pretty much, yes.

Mich666 said:
Also, why does it seems they mixed Fate and UBW again? Avallon shouldn't heal him at this part or are they implying he CREATED the sheat in himself by finding the sword in his mind? That's bullshit to me, if anything they should sent Saber to him to heal him but even that would be contrary to what this scene should be about and that is to fight against him only by sheer will and belief in his ideal.

Avalon did heal him in the VN, though. Just not as flashy as this version. Archer said it himself, rather off-handedly.

Nov 2012
SaintEmiya said:
Epicenter said:

Well he's trying to prove to Shirou (himself) that he really was wrong for following his ideals, that it's right that he regrets what he has done.

That's what I gather too, which is why I don't get mad about what doesn't seem pragmatic in the murder departments, despite him always saying he's going to murder him.
Jaywalker.
May 23, 2015 4:26 PM

May 2015
Epicenter said:
SaintEmiya said:

That's what I gather too, which is why I don't get mad about what doesn't seem pragmatic in the murder departments, despite him always saying he's going to murder him.

Yea I agree he doesn't have to repeat himself quite so much xD.
May 23, 2015 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Mich666 said:
I dunno, it was animated well and everything and they finally(!) let us hear at least something of Shirou's inner voice but they changed things... and it almost felt like they are dragging it for too long (Tohsaka's part was good but shouldn't she carry Shinji away from fire on her back in the end?).

Why not? It would make less sense for it to not work since it has been established that he has it and Saber is nearby and on his side
ya, Avalon has been inside Shirou since the end of the 4th. They actually established that this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2015
Forgetfulness said:
Mich666 said:
I dunno, it was animated well and everything and they finally(!) let us hear at least something of Shirou's inner voice but they changed things... and it almost felt like they are dragging it for too long (Tohsaka's part was good but shouldn't she carry Shinji away from fire on her back in the end?).

Why not? It would make less sense for it to not work since it has been established that he has it and Saber is nearby and on his side

But pretty sure it never heals him quite like that, just keeps him barely alive whilst fighting.
May 23, 2015 4:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Lancer was friggin' beast! Loved how he wrecked Kirei and scare Shinji shitless! Such a shame he's gone now..

> "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right."
Reminded me of "People die if they're killed." Shirou's dialogues are simply fabulous.

Archer vs. Shirou's battle choreography was top notch! The Avalon part was nicely done as well.

Good episode. Aimer's song and the soundtracks were amazing too!

May 23, 2015 4:30 PM

Sep 2013
Ok. Episode was nice... but even I who didn't read the VN know there are huge plot holes there.

Gonna read VN after the show ends.
May 23, 2015 4:36 PM

Jun 2012
richard360 said:
Lool "Defeat the me that is yourself" I'm sure Kamina would soil himself if he heard this xD

lol xD

Kind of confused about that flashback, sorry if it was obvious (maybe it was the way it was shown?). Still kind of unclear about what Shirou thinks, but it's as clear as ever that he believes in himself (not Archer) and could avoid it or something.
lol wasn't expecting Kirei to go down so easily (flashback to F/Z), but it is Lancer. . not sure how the command spell didn't work but w/a lol cool episode.

May 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Nov 2014
Saburo-kun said:
lol wasn't expecting Kirei to go down so easily (flashback to F/Z), but it is Lancer. . not sure how the command spell didn't work but w/a lol cool episode.

Well, the command was "kill yourself, Lancer" and he did. He just didn't do it fast enough for Kirei to survive.
May 23, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
That ending was amazingly well done. The Kiritsugu scene was so beautiful with the Aimer insert song.
May 23, 2015 4:45 PM

May 2015
VarunaBles said:
Saburo-kun said:

Well, the command was "kill yourself, Lancer" and he did. He just didn't do it fast enough for Kirei to survive.

Yea,kirei's role was not big in ubw i guess
i have not read the vn but i heard that lancer posses something like 'battle continuation' ability that allowed him to kill kotomine
May 23, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2014
Wintovisky said:
Ok. Episode was nice... but even I who didn't read the VN know there are huge plot holes there.

There are?
I mean, I only see one, and I don't think it's what you're referring to.
sabesaini said:
VarunaBles said:

i have not read the vn but i heard that lancer posses something like 'battle continuation' ability that allowed him to kill kotomine

Yes, it's lets them go on despite being near death, until a clearly fatal wound is received. Berserker had it due to his surpassing his own legend and whatnot. Lancer had it since at the end of his life Cu Chulainn tied himself to a rock to remain standing to continue fighting when he was half dead while fighting an army.
Epicenter said:
SaintEmiya said:

He wants to "break his spirit" too, remember?
InsertanamehereMay 23, 2015 4:51 PM
May 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
I wouldnt look to much into the Avalon healing, it would have done the same thing regardless, they just choose rule of cool/flash over over time healing.
May 23, 2015 4:49 PM

May 2015
sabesaini said:
VarunaBles said:

Basically, attacks that are fatal are still fatal, but take a long time to actually kill him. It's from his legend where he took several fatal attacks but still lasted long enough to kill his attackers and tie himself to a tree or rock (can't remember) so he would die on his feet.
May 23, 2015 4:50 PM

Nov 2014
sabesaini said:
i have read the vn but i heard that lancer posses something like 'battle continuation' ability that allowed him to kill kotomine

You are correct. It is Battle Continuation rank A. The description is "It allows for battle even on the verge of death, and allows users to stay alive until they receive a clearly fatal blow".
May 23, 2015 4:50 PM

May 2015
EmphaticPikachu said:
I wouldnt look to much into the Avalon healing, it would have done the same thing regardless, they just choose rule of cool/flash over over time healing.

Did you say cool?

May 23, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
Archer:"Shirou,you are wrong and i have facts to prove it"
Shirou:"FUCK YOU"
pretty much every archer vs shirou moment
May 23, 2015 4:52 PM

May 2012
Mich666 said:
(Tohsaka's part was good but shouldn't she carry Shinji away from fire on her back in the end?).

VN spoiler
May 23, 2015 4:53 PM

Nov 2013
Saburo-kun said:
richard360 said:

lol xD

Kind of confused about that flashback, sorry if it was obvious (maybe it was the way it was shown?). Still kind of unclear about what Shirou thinks, but it's as clear as ever that he believes in himself (not Archer) and could avoid it or something.

I think they wanted to make you think that Shirou was about to say something like "I shouldn't have even been saved" when they initially showed the scene with Kiritsugu. It was a way to create a bit of a contrast with his final realization: "He looked so happy when he saved me, it was almost like he was the one who was being saved, I want to feel the same way" It went by too fast, though.

In the VN you can see that Lancer has an ability that lets him fight for a while after he's been mortally wounded. Of course, since this anime is fanservice for VN fans, they don't bother with irrelevant details like foreshadowing...
May 23, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2012
macamiki said:

Just because you are correct doesn't mean you're right. lol

Ok seriously, just because Archer is correct about how things went down, doesn't mean archer is making the right choice. Or something like that.
May 23, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
KamiCity said:

Ok seriously, just because Archer is correct about how things went down, doesn't mean archer is making the right choice. Or something like that.

maybe future shirou can hug the ISIS dudes and be like "there there no need to bomb people" and then they cri and apologize and everyone can be happy and saved or something ? if madoka got it right then so can shirou
May 23, 2015 5:00 PM

May 2015
I
KamiCity said:
macamiki said:

i didnt understand this one. Doesn't correct and right implies the same thing?
May 23, 2015 5:00 PM

Aug 2012
hahaha sure Lancer didn't kill Shinji cause it would be a quick and inappropriate end for Gil xD
May 23, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
RIP Lancer.........and Kirei, I guess lol. God I hate Shinji so much, I wish Lancer killed him. I understand why the flashbacks were included, but I think the episode would have been fine without them. Whatever though, it's not like the producers at Ufo are gonna care about our opinions. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Archer using UBW was totally pointless. He didn't even do anything with it haha, I feel like it was included to show off this anime's budget lol. Well, lets see how Shirou's power-up helps him out next week
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 23, 2015 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
I dont know why so much complain about the "Just because you are correct doesnt mean you´re right"

Is pretty easy to understand in-context, but then again, even Deen explained the context of "People die when they are killed" perfectly well back then (Even them) and people still took it out of context to make fun of it, and it looks like i will see the same again.
no
May 23, 2015 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
Vindstot said:

> "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right."
Reminded me of "People die if they're killed." Shirou's dialogues are simply fabulous.

when you try to sleep but instead you remember embarrassing stuff you said/did

no wonder archer wants to kill himself
May 23, 2015 5:06 PM

Aug 2014
sabesaini said:
I
KamiCity said:

Correct in the normal sense of the term.
Right in the moral sense.
May 23, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2013
Vellamo said:
hahaha sure Lancer didn't kill Shinji cause it would be a quick and inappropriate end for Gil xD

How did Gil survive when he didn't have a master, then? Maybe he doesn't really need Shinji as a mana source.
May 23, 2015 5:08 PM

May 2015
VarunaBles said:
sabesaini said:
i have read the vn but i heard that lancer posses something like 'battle continuation' ability that allowed him to kill kotomine

You are correct. It is Battle Continuation rank A. The description is "It allows for battle even on the verge of death, and allows users to stay alive until they receive a clearly fatal blow".

I understood now how lancer was able to move even after killing himself.At first i thought it was because of sheer will like "will of power"
May 23, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
sabesaini said:
I understood now how lancer was able to move even after killing himself.At first i thought it was because of sheer will like "will of power"

It is also a tribute to Cu Chulainn's actual legend. In it, he basically faces an army despite getting pierced in the chest(?) with a "magical spear". He also ties himself to a standing stone, thereby dying while on his feet.
VarunaBlesMay 23, 2015 5:18 PM
May 23, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
macamiki said:

maybe future shirou can hug the ISIS dudes and be like "there there no need to bomb people" and then they cri and apologize and everyone can be happy and saved or something ? if madoka got it right then so can shirou
sabesaini said:

Lackluster said:
Assume you're given two buttons, say A and B, of which you are to press one, and you know that the A button will cause the death of a thousand of people, while the B one will result in a single death. The correct choice results in one death - that's the right answer, the most proper one, the correct one. But is it really right given the circumstances, morality, and so forth?

Just because Archer is correct, and from a neutral position he most certainly is, does not entail him being right. Or perhaps, present-time Shirou does not deem it right. Correct is definite, right is subjective.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 5:25 PM

May 2015
Ketuekigami said:
macamiki said:

sabesaini said:

Lackluster said:
Assume you're given two buttons, say A and B, of which you are to press one, and you know that the A button will cause the death of a thousand of people, while the B one will result in a single death. The correct choice results in one death - that's the right answer, the most proper one, the correct one. But is it really right given the circumstances, morality, and so forth?

Just because Archer is correct, and from a neutral position he most certainly is, does not entail him being right. Or perhaps, present-time Shirou does not deem it right. Correct is definite, right is subjective.

so basically archer is being like kiritsugu.Just because it is correct doesn't mean that you have to do it.
May 23, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2014
Actually, there is a good reason to cast the reality marble:

No outside interference! Archer may have suspected Lancer or Gil to show up, so by isolating the 3, Archer could finish what he wanted to do without interruption.
May 23, 2015 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
Lollo36 said:
Vellamo said:

How did Gil survive when he didn't have a master, then? Maybe he doesn't really need Shinji as a mana source.

Maybe he fed on Kirei? I'm not sure. But I don't see a reason as to why Lancer would let Shinji escape.
May 23, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2007
Vellamo said:
Lollo36 said:

Maybe he fed on Kirei? I'm not sure. But I don't see a reason as to why Lancer would let Shinji escape.
He didn't want to dirty his lance with that trash!

But Lancer is really a good guy, he's not gonna kill people just cuz.
May 23, 2015 5:34 PM

Mar 2013
Vellamo said:
Lollo36 said:

Gil also has independent action, like Archer. He can go masterless for a few days no problem. As for letting Shinji escape... there was no need to kill him really. He's irrelevant. He's obviously not Gil's master; if he was, he would have used a command seal to summon him there.
May 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
Gil can go masterless forever. But his Master was Kirei, never Shinji.
May 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
Ketuekigami said:
Vellamo said:

It's not only about killing a wicked teenager though. He keeps Gilgamesh, and killing him could be a good relief for Rin's gang which Lancer was allied with.

But come to think of it; Gil obviously doesn't need Shinji as he didn't bother showing up.
May 23, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
fst said:
Vellamo said:

Gil also has independent action, like Archer. He can go masterless for a few days no problem. As for letting Shinji escape... there was no need to kill him really. He's irrelevant. He's obviously not Gil's master; if he was, he would have used a command seal to summon him there.

Archer didn't ming going for a few days as nothing binds him to the world except killing Shirou. But Gilgamesh has to endure much longer than that, a few days would be meaningless considering he didn't bother protecting him. He might not need Shinji and can survive forever, maybe.
May 23, 2015 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
Grey-Zone said:
WTF ANIPLEX?!

They actually translated "karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru" as "Steel is my body" (due to this mistranslation you will not understand the meaning of it as an AO unless you remember the full chant from EP10)... I am speechless. While it makes sense in context, it's not what he actually says... and what Archer said early on sounded very weird too after Saber noted "he is out of mana", no actually Saber is probably supposed to say something differently, like "his mana is dissapating" or something along those lines, as otherwise it makes not much sense.

The translation is correct. "karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru" is literally "my body is made of swords/steel is my body".
May 23, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
Vellamo said:
Ketuekigami said:

It's not only about killing a wicked teenager though. He keeps Gilgamesh, and killing him could be a good relief for Rin's gang which Lancer was allied with.

But come to think of it; Gil obviously doesn't need Shinji as he didn't bother showing up.
I think Gil was never tied by a pact to Shinji, he was just with him. And Lancer would have know that. So killing Shinji would do nothing after already killing Kirie. And Lancer wouldnt kill someone just because 'maybe it will help someone else in the long run.' Shinji was being a prick so Lancer just wanted to scare him away.
May 23, 2015 5:44 PM
Feb 2014
I gotta admit, some of those scenes were freaking EPIC! I gotta say I did get caught up with all that emorock music and that scene when Shirou recovers and deflect those blades was aodjvnoaijndocbwo amazing

BUT... haiz... I think the anime overall didn't quite do a good job of it all... I'm still confused about what the hell they're fighting over. And I came on this forum quite a bit for explanations. Well, I think I understand what Archer's doing. I don't understand Shirou's reasoning. Even if he's broken or whatever, I still don't understand what he's getting at and I feel no desire for him to beat Archer except for the fact aht it only seems right since he's supposed to be the protag... I couldn't quite emphatize and immerse myself in that climactic moment, which slightly disappoints me...

Still, this particular episode had some pretty awesome moments, excluding the extremely well animated shirou vs archer fight. Loved the Shinji running away moment. Can't think of a logical reason why Lancer let him go except for Gilgamesh and for that funny as hell running away scene...

sabesaini said:
VarunaBles said:

A bit dumb of Kotomine though? He survived one Holy Grail war, I would think he'd be smart enough to know Lancer wasn't dead, especially since his body didn't poof into sparkly blue fairy dust.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 23, 2015 5:45 PM

Sep 2013
Technoswine said:
Grey-Zone said:
WTF ANIPLEX?!

They actually translated "karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru" as "Steel is my body" (due to this mistranslation you will not understand the meaning of it as an AO unless you remember the full chant from EP10)... I am speechless. While it makes sense in context, it's not what he actually says... and what Archer said early on sounded very weird too after Saber noted "he is out of mana", no actually Saber is probably supposed to say something differently, like "his mana is dissapating" or something along those lines, as otherwise it makes not much sense.

The translation is correct. "karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru" is literally "my body is made of swords/steel is my body".
"My body is made of swords" refers to "I am the bone of my sword" though, so it's incorrect and Aniplex already fixed it.
May 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Sep 2014
Vellamo said:
Lollo36 said:

May 23, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
top kek
people for weeks complaining that shirou's healing wasnt explained

shirou's healing gets explained and another set complaining that it wasnt foreshadowed and is deus ex machina..
May 23, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2015
I started to have low expectation and enjoying the show as it is.

Actually, even as pessimistic as I am, I can say this episode is the best looking up-to-date (minus a few frame when Shirou and Archer are drawn like crap). Atmosphere, helplessness, loud music; this episode takes it all. Now if they didn't ruin it by Archer's shitty-looking past instead, this episode would've been perfection. Goddamn.

And dat Aimer INS & Avalon combo just makes me insta-feel despite all the annoying still frames. Hope it would be polished in BD.
May 23, 2015 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
ProphecyPriest said:
I started to have low expectation and enjoying the show as it is.

Actually, even as pessimistic as I am, I can say this episode is the best looking up-to-date (minus a few frame when Shirou and Archer are drawn like crap). Atmosphere, helplessness, loud music; this episode takes it all. Now if they didn't ruin it by Archer's shitty-looking past instead, this episode would've been perfection. Goddamn.

And dat Aimer INS & Avalon combo just makes me insta-feel despite all the annoying still frames. Hope it would be polished in BD.
I am curious. Did you make a new account just so you can have a priest ID?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (29) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1401 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1575 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1317 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 2, 2015

1283 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.