Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
That was absolutley beautiful. I love this anime!
I'm so glad I picked this up. :'D
Mar 28, 2015 9:50 AM
Apr 2014
I was wondering why we didn't see that murderer for such a long time after he escaped(even expected they just left that part of the story open). Now I know why. Can't say I liked that but at least Murano survived. The beginning of that episode was nice though. A little sad because Migi disappeared again but overall I'd have no problem if they ended it after that instead the second half of the episode.

All in all great anime.
Mar 28, 2015 10:04 AM

May 2013
Great anime overall. Could have been more subtle with its themes but in the end it still told a great story, so I don't mind. The happy ending we got here had so much weight and impact because we'd been conditioned throughout the show to always expect everything to end badly. I was genuinely scared for Satomi's life, and when she fell I was more than willing to believe that she was dead. When it turned out that Shinichi had saved her after all, it brought about an intense rush of relief. Based on the live reactions I saw, a lot of people felt this way as well.

I also liked the parallel between Shinichi and Satomi's "I was left behind." Shinichi said it in the first half of the episode in regards to how he had been held back in school; Satomi reacted to his words with what looked like thoughtful surprise, but her thoughts weren't revealed until the rooftop confrontation with Uragami, when she told Shinichi that she had felt for a long time that she "had been left behind" by him, since he would always run off without explaining himself and would do things that she couldn't explain and couldn't even begin to comprehend. Very nice.

9/10
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 28, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
Z4k said:
So many plotholes left unanswered.

You keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means.
Mar 28, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2013
Strong ending to a great anime,
love it and will miss it alot 9/10.
Mar 28, 2015 1:14 PM
Jul 2014
Honestly, I couldn't care less if Murano died.
Mar 28, 2015 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
that ending i almost cryed damn but Migi saved the day as usual
Mar 28, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Weak ending, but not necessarily bad. The second half in general has been less exciting, although there have been quite a few episodes which I enjoyed a lot (like the fight against Miki or Tamura's end).
I was hoping for more screen time given to that other half breed because looking back, he played a really small role in it and I was half expecting the baby from Tamura to play a bigger role, but he didn't.
The biggest gripe I had with this show has been the absolute lack of subtlety in narrating the overall theme, but looking back on it it's been a nice ride nonetheless. My favourite scene still remains that one following the death of Kana, which in a way could have been a better ending than what we got.

8/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 28, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
Lindle said:
Z4k said:

I do know what it means.
Mar 28, 2015 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
I heard the ending was sucky but now I know that's something of a mere overstatement. I personally am satisfied and don't feel that way. My major complaint is it was somewhat lack of dept in stroytelling like people have stated in the back. I couldn't careless though, since the focus of the show was about Shinichi's tranformation. Boy, seeing the development of the cast especially Shinichi, Migi, and Reiko was compelling.

It also has a strong theme that incorporates the human nature's. Not really original but still, it provides food for thought and makes it worth for a rewatch. Can't believe the manga came in 89, will read it someday.

8/10 for now.
ImpalaMar 28, 2015 9:11 PM
Mar 28, 2015 9:21 PM
Sep 2014
Great show, it was not what i expected to be but i liked it anyway plus there is no much this type of shows which have this type of story and this type of storytelling.
MC was annoying sometimes since he was few episodes wimp then few episodes badass then wimp etc.
While i was browsing Parasyte subforum i saw a lot "cliffhanger" and "season 2" so i expected that ending will be tragic with Satomi's death. But i guess i was wrong.

Well, time to read manga and see what is different.
Mar 29, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
Really impressed with how Madhouse adpated this manga. It was perfect in how they decided to introduce it to modern viewers while keeping true to the core of the manga.

Well Played Madhouse, well played.
Mar 29, 2015 3:54 AM

May 2013
Goodbye Migi and hello Uragami!
Oh wait, goodbye Uragami and hello Migi? I'm confused.

But what I am sure about is that this is a great series!
Although I have to admit it's over-hyped, it's still good nevertheless. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 29, 2015 7:41 AM

Mar 2014
Lindle said:
Z4k said:

Lol he really doesn't.
Mar 29, 2015 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
jreginald said:
Lindle said:

Lol he really doesn't.

Oh, is that so? Please enlighten me then.
Mar 29, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
Good show but could've been better.

i r8 it 8/8
Mar 29, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
from my point of view anime adaptation is way much more better than manga
Mar 29, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
a nice ending, the whole series followed nearly 95% exactly like the manga, maybe only added the new tech stuff and fashion of the current age

the only clear weakness of this series are some episodes seem to have lower budget and resulted a drop in animation

overall this is a very good adaption, Migi is especially likable :)
Mar 29, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2010
i'm pretty sure he could have just jumped from the building and saved her, as he did before right? mate this show has so many plot holes, i thought it would revive it self in the second half (coz i heard people bigging the manga) but it just got worse, 7/10 because it was enjoyable at first
Mar 29, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2010
Well, the ending wasn't bad.

But yeah, it went downhill somewhere in the 2nd half of the series esp. during the city hall battle where the direction is all over the place and it felt really dull to me.

I guess an 7 or 8 will do coz it was entertaining as some points.

And oh, I need that soft piano/orgel soundtracks played on this ep.
Mar 29, 2015 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
Even with an open ending, there was still at least some things that were explained. Don't see why so many ppl are complaining about unexplained things that're explained through monologue if any1 can comprehend English >.> This ending was good for an OPEN ENDING. Ofc it wasn't the ending you'd want, but it wasn't bad enough to go bashing on it

Satomi's new image is pretty. 10/10 for that

9/10 overall, loved the art/animation/bgm. Madhouse did a good job making the most out of the manga

edit: 1 more thing I forgot to mention. What the hell happened to his father lol, he got no screen time ;(
GenocyberMar 29, 2015 12:53 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Mar 29, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty Satisfied ending and above all he manage to save here i really wanted that Migi comes back and save her but didn't happen
I just want more of it
Mar 29, 2015 4:04 PM
Feb 2015
Wow....... Really awesome....
Mar 29, 2015 4:28 PM
Jan 2015
Awesome from the start to the end. Though...

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Kiseijuu-Sei-no-Kakuritsu/Episode-024?id=97304

3:30. This music stayed in my head for the whole time. you can heard it several times and it's like another version of next to you from the soundtrack, but i can't find it anywhere. Ideas ? =)
Mar 29, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
Gov said:
This anime is the perfect representation of an 8/10.

Agreed. Some plotholes and the pacing/direction was a bit off after ep 12, but it was still solid and really enjoyable.
Mar 29, 2015 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
Oh man, I thought she really fell for a while there.

The end was fitting/good, even though nothing really happened.

I'm thinking 6/10 for this one (above average).
BurntJellyMar 30, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 29, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2009
Choco0 said:
Awesome from the start to the end. Though...

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Kiseijuu-Sei-no-Kakuritsu/Episode-024?id=97304

3:30. This music stayed in my head for the whole time. you can heard it several times and it's like another version of next to you from the soundtrack, but i can't find it anywhere. Ideas ? =)

I've wondered about this too :-( Love that track!
Mar 29, 2015 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
SacredFactor said:
show how all that fighting and death affected his viewpoint of the world. Consider how much Shinichi has changed from being a normal highschooler to where he is now.

That would've been true if Shinichi hadn't gone from 'I put dogs in bins / feel nothing seeing mutilated corpses' to reverting back to the overly emotional, scream/crying uselessness he started with before taking off his anime-only glasses. His characterisation wasn't consistent: it was as if the author made him so badarse there was no tension, then decided to make him weak again. From overpowered to insignificant. The only justification for this was Gotou being tough and seeing his mom's face again = CRY. Just really poorly done.

NaCro said:

MC was annoying sometimes since he was few episodes wimp then few episodes badass then wimp etc.
Mar 29, 2015 11:05 PM

Nov 2013
Not a huge fan of the ending, felt like it came outta nowhere. I liked the earlier episodes though so 7/10
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Mar 30, 2015 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
So there you go, another masterpiece, nice adaptation.. i'm so glad that Shinichi saved Satomi in the end, i thought she would fell off to the ground, but Thank God she didn't. Nice save !

Although i'm hoping for a 2nd season but i'm pretty sure that there won't be a 2nd season, since the manga ended 20 years ago, but i'm still hoping for Neo Parasyte adaptation, that'd be nice i think.

Overall score 10/10
Mar 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
It was good, but not so much good. But I would like to watch its sequel, if there is any.
Mar 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Despite the anticlimactic fight with Goto, it was still a great and entertaining series, better than most things I saw recently. Too bad it didn't have th OP, that tune was catchy, but it's good that Murano changed her hairstyle. Take a note Tokyo Ghoul, THAT'S how you make a good action/horror anime. Well guess it's time to start the Parasyte manga.
Mar 30, 2015 5:57 PM
Nov 2012
I'm going to miss this show, I couldn't look forward to anything else this season because of Kisejuu. I'm so happy Migi helped out Shinichi at the end to save her. I think they did that to give you a little hint that Just because Migi is effectively in hibernation doesn't mean he's gone for good. He'll still be around if something important is happening or Shinichi's life is in danger. I'm also glad they tied up loose ends a bit too without going overboard in either direction. Truly Great stuff.

The ending was a little strange but overall I'd give the anime a 10/10 not because it's perfect, I don't think it is, but because on our rating list "perfect" is not the word that is at 10, MASTERPIECE is and I definitely feel this anime was a masterpiece. The visuals, the ability to have serious and light hearted moments, the music (omg the sound track was so good) but most of all rationale thinking character is my biggest admiration. So many anime try to immerse you but follow stupid cliche troupes. Kisejuu didn't do that.
Mar 30, 2015 9:59 PM
May 2011
First half was definitely way stronger than the second one.

Shinichi was kind of all over the place too, sometimes he was cold and logical other times he was pissing his pants.

also did migi come back at the end or what? Kind of hard to tell..
Mar 30, 2015 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:
jreginald said:

Lol he really doesn't.

Oh, is that so? Please enlighten me then.

I'd like for you to point out the plothole/asspulls first.
Mar 31, 2015 5:51 AM
Dec 2014
This has to be the most overrated anime of this season. I'm not saying that it was bad, first half of the season was amazing. But watching the last 6 or so episodes felt like more of a chore.

This series biggest strenght and weakness at the same time was staying true to the source material, maybe even a little too true.
Mar 31, 2015 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
What a rush!
I loved this show though and though.
And I almost flipped my table when Murano went over the edge on the roof (┛ಠДಠ)┛彡┻━┻.
9/10
Mar 31, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome series, probably could've done without this episode because the couple before this were by far the best.

Oh well, can just skip this ep when I re-watch this at a later date :D
Mar 31, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
So, even though parasytes have blended with society, humans still have to deal with other humans. Maybe that's why Uragami was the final villain.

I believe that Migi is now able to understand human emotion, even though he can't express it and wants Shinichi to live a normal life after all he's been through.

What I liked the most from this anime is how it explored its characters.
NaughtyNoddyMar 31, 2015 10:53 AM
Mar 31, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2010
Very interesting anime 810. In spite of parasites and some blood. And it's like Shingeki no Kyojin. The same interesting and does not come off for a moment. And i glad that there are happy end :3
Mar 31, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
HMM!
Well the show definitely felt fresh and different from the current standard of anime.

It had moments of genius, filled with tension and excellent direction. But unfortunately the last arc took a bad turn and just ended up making this fairly generic.

One of the biggest problem was that the side characters were just awful, except for the parasites.

The finale was ok, Migi disappeared just because. But I did love the inner monologues throughout the series about humans.

Either way this is one of the best series I've seen in a while. It was a really great ride, I looked forward to each week. But it could've been more.

8/10
Apr 1, 2015 1:29 PM
Sep 2010
Forgot all about the killer. If Murano had died than Shinichi would have been the unluckiest man alive. Glad Migi helped save her in the end. This series was pretty good. I enjoyed it.
Uploader53
Apr 1, 2015 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
Aozure said:
The finale was ok, Migi disappeared just because.

You know very well why Migi decided to disappear. But I agree, the show could have been more. Not exactly sure but I felt that it was lacking by the end of it.
Apr 1, 2015 7:33 PM
Apr 2015
People keep mentioning there were plotholes, what plotholes do you speak of? I'm genuinely curious as I didn't come across any.
Apr 1, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
Dilllinger90 said:
People keep mentioning there were plotholes, what plotholes do you speak of? I'm genuinely curious as I didn't come across any.

They never say where the parasytes come from or what their purpose was for one thing. They never explained Kana's psychic powers. They don't say why the final boss decided to randomly take Migi in his body. The police force investigators who were suspicious of Shinichi dropped off the face of the earth despite the build up. They never explain why any of the parasytes were even engaging in politics in the first place or why the joined an organization. Also for this episode, Migi needs to go to sleep for a long time, but was still able to come out the end to save Murano.

There's probably several other things, but overall it doesn't bother me too much because the show has several other writing problems. Every character outside of Reiko is shallow. The show is redundant and is constantly shoving messages in your face in the most unsubtle way possible, and there just really isn't much of a plot. And when it has plot its usually always controlled by convenience or for the sake of drama. And most of the development is too fast to be believable. So overall the writing was quite poor all in all.

Overall the show is what it is. It's cheap entertainment that thinks its more thought provoking than it actually is. I feel it would have been better as one season personally.
hyperknees91Apr 1, 2015 8:03 PM
Apr 2, 2015 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Wait THAT was the ending? Wtf, what an ass-pull...

I'm guessing there will be a season 2..this left me pretty unsatisfied..
Apr 2, 2015 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Dilllinger90 said:

They never say where the parasytes come from or what their purpose was for one thing. They never explained Kana's psychic powers. They don't say why the final boss decided to randomly take Migi in his body. The police force investigators who were suspicious of Shinichi dropped off the face of the earth despite the build up. They never explain why any of the parasytes were even engaging in politics in the first place or why the joined an organization. Also for this episode, Migi needs to go to sleep for a long time, but was still able to come out the end to save Murano.

There's probably several other things, but overall it doesn't bother me too much because the show has several other writing problems. Every character outside of Reiko is shallow. The show is redundant and is constantly shoving messages in your face in the most unsubtle way possible, and there just really isn't much of a plot. And when it has plot its usually always controlled by convenience or for the sake of drama. And most of the development is too fast to be believable. So overall the writing was quite poor all in all.

Overall the show is what it is. It's cheap entertainment that thinks its more thought provoking than it actually is. I feel it would have been better as one season personally.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said here. Aside from the MC, Migi, and Reiko, all other characters were just shallow and boring beyond belief. Murano has got to be the worst character ever created/written.
Apr 2, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
Murano looked cuter/hotter in the first half imo ;p

First half was perfect in any aspect.
Well, I would liked a bit different ending and overall second half than it's, it took not the best direction after Kana's death ( T.T ) Some questions were unanswered, and somehow unsatisfying ending. But oh well, let it be, it is how it is...

that was still great ride. I think this series made me a better person somehow.
So I waver somewhere between 8-9. I'd give 10/10 for the first half and 7/10 for the second half.
Apr 3, 2015 2:48 AM

Jul 2012
Really solid 7/10 pushing it to 8/10 for me. I don't think I'll touch the manga. I honestly thought the whole hostage situation was ridiculously done and honestly.. not necessary at all. Like it was said here, very lack luster. But it can't be helped if its just following the manga there. Look forward to seeing you guys in the comment section of next season. o/
Apr 3, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2013
great series with some wonky parts

enjoyed the finale

8/10 for me
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

381 by Alberty »»
Oct 18, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2014

599 by msh7a »»
Oct 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

261 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Oct 14, 1:08 PM

» I still keep thinking about this anime from time to time

satsangg - Oct 7

20 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 13, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

278 by menacce »»
Sep 27, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.