Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Disappointing season..
I had to rely on manga reader to understand what's going on with the anime.
5/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Mar 26, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2007
Oh so you DID get stabbed by Noro Hide..you hid it pretty well.

I feel like the flashes of showing Kaneki's hair turning back to black was a hint/tease

But yeah...them feels I had when Kaneki was walking through the CCG crowd with Hide in his arms... although I felt odd he kept looking around and stuff.... makes me wonder what was going through his mind...

Such open ended ending...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, Tokyo Ghoul really is the master of disappointing endings.

I can't decide if i give this show 6/10 or 7/10 because of that fucked up, boring ending. It was the same shit with the season one ending where only the last few minuts showed something.

But at least, they showed something in season 1 - here: there was just stupid filler walking for 5 minuts

so i go with 6/10 (because i gave season 1 a 7/10). Pointless episode witch ruined a potentially 8/10
Mar 26, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
Huh, and I thought Parasyte's ending was underwhelming. TG's last episode gives the word a whole new meaning.

I just... don't even know where to begin. Seriously, the only good thing about it was the additional Hide screentime, since he is a really nice character at the end of the day. Other than that, though... can't say I'm content. The most idiotic thing was probably Touka running all this time and wasting minutes, only to not do absolutely anything relevant, not even say a word to Kaneki and ultimately get schooled by Yomo, which is not only what initially should've happened, but the guy somehow made it there in less than second, making Touka's marathon even more stupid.

Then you have the longest walk ever. It would've been good, had Kaneki himself said more than like, what, 20 words for the entire anime and/or he himself had killed Hide (how was he injured, by the way?). It didn't help that Pierrot seem to have made Kaneki's head motions on repeat, which almost made me laugh out loud. Unravel would've been so good while Kaneki was conversing with his past self...

The Kaneki vs Arima fight - completely skipped, Kaneki was smiling at the CCG's reaper, it's almost like they had a tea party and Kaneki surrendered. I don't get it, was that supposed to be badass, or something? We don't even know what happened the hell happened to Kaneki, he just disappeared. Seriously, what the hell.

Pierrot, the clown ghouls - nowhere to be seen, guess they're not relevant to the story.

The point of Kaneki joining Aogiri? Not even SP know. Ah, wait, it's actually to cut his development by 95% and also skip parts of the manga.

Tsk. Alright, as a standalone anime, this would get a full 8. As an adaptation, however, it barely deserves a 3, even though it's not supposed to adapt the manga, yet it mirrored its events, so who knows. I have no idea what Ishida wanted out of this, though maybe Pierrot just screwed up (as usual), or he simply doesn't give a damn about the quality of the anime, as long as it's successfully marketing his original work. Yep, that has to be it - intentionally making it sub-par at best so that the manga would get more popular.

Final episode: 2.5/5

Overall anime score: will think about it/10, though it's definitely not going to be above a 7.

To the anime-only watchers: read the manga. It's infinitely better. That's all.
MaledictMar 26, 2015 7:15 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 26, 2015 6:59 PM

Nov 2014
Oh Hidi </3 If only he showed his support to kaneki earlier without doing it behind the scenes. Kaneki needed that :(

I was worried about how will the anime end, I am glad that I like it.
Yes, looots of things are missing and they couldn't made Toka anymore annoying but that is just a sweet and heartbreaking end at the same time.
This season was way better than season one (maybe because I started reading the manga and everything make sense now) yet I still enjoyed the anime.

I guess I would give the show 7/10. And can't wait to see :re adopted.
Also as every one said: READ THE MANGA for whoever watched the anime only. It is WAAAY much better.
HakayaMar 26, 2015 7:03 PM
Mar 26, 2015 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
T_______________________________________T

Hide NOOOOOOOOO

Bawled my eyes out.

Unravel
Mar 26, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
BobDiesel said:
I didn't read the manga but now I'm wishing I did even though the manga ending is rumored to be terrible.
It isn't rumored to be terrible, it just leaves out so many things, like the anime. However, since it was given a sequel, it is forgiven and is judged given the fact that the questions left are not unanswered and may be, hopefully and most likely, answered in the sequel. Also, the development for the characters is significantly better in the manga, since their exposure is justified. And basically, my next points would be just what makes manga better than anime in general, so you'll just see for yourself. Happy reading! :)

Mar 26, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2014
I LOVED IT. TOKYO GHOUL IS SO AWESOME
Hide :(
Anteiku :(
-
I HOPE FOR A SEASON 3 BUT IDEK WHAT ITS GOING TO BE ON.
I love how they put the op song in this episode "unravel". It fit so well.
man.. i really hope it continues... there's something i still want to know: What happened to Kaneki?
Mar 26, 2015 7:07 PM

Aug 2014
If in that long walk, someone was talking, like a voice-over, I think it would've been better. The silence was alright at first, but it eventually got boring. The voice-over could've hyped us out for what was to come which didn't appear, but imo would've made its absence a little bit more bearable.

Could've been Touka, Marude, maybe Arima since he wasn't even given any lines despite having a voice actor assigned to him, or Kaneki himself remembering what Hide or his mom or someone once said to him.

Mar 26, 2015 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
Labib said:
What happened to Kaneki?
Well, as we can see from this shadow,

Either he's just unconscious or based on the manga:
^Technically we can assume that this did happen since Arima's still left standing.

Mar 26, 2015 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
kannequi said:
Btw, did thy already take care of the dead bodies? Or were Amon and Seidou's bodies not there when they arrived?

There bodies weren't there so I suppose they got taken away.

The question is... by who? The Aogiri or CCG?

Mar 26, 2015 7:16 PM
Nov 2013
Well, my favorite part was definitely when the ballad version of Unravel started playing. So beautiful!

Other than that, the ending pissed me off a little. I hate how they implied some characters died instead. And everything kind of just... Ended.

4/10 from me. Haven't been this disappointed in a while. Guess I'll still watch the Jack OVA
Mar 26, 2015 7:21 PM

Aug 2014
BakaDood said:

I suggest reading the manga not for the events since they are basically the same, but for the development of the characters and the flow of how the story is presented. It leaves you feeling different about the whole thing. I am referring to the first half though, til the point of jason's death.

Mar 26, 2015 7:22 PM
Feb 2012
Well that was a pretty obvious setup for Re: but we'd need at least another few months probably of the manga before they could even do 12 episodes.
Mar 26, 2015 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Lol I've slept during this episode, this rarely happens and it was so boring that I had to sleep like I did on Gunparade March.

This second season was totally disappointing.

3/10
Mar 26, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
I keep talking alone on here but anyway

Koma and Irimi died afterall huh
(I mean, no one probably cares)

Mar 26, 2015 7:23 PM
Aug 2009
Rimygod said:
Yeah just stand around and drink coffee for 15 minutes while you have a hole in your stomach waiting to die instead of getting medical attention. This is like one of the worst season ending episodes ever.
agreed and what final episode? all i saw was dramatic slow walking and cut shots of black hair that i never found out belonged to..... top three animes bottom four endings, im all for the uncertain endings where you decide on your own what happens. i dont need to be told the ending but i mean wtf theres soooooo many plot holes and just dropped story lines and its all just compleatly useless i thought he might be going to turn himself in not commit suicide like maybe talk to them try to instill sympathy or something i had no idea what was expected of that ending... and then like SHOW THE FIGHT
Mar 26, 2015 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
DarkTreeofDoom said:
Rimygod said:
Yeah just stand around and drink coffee for 15 minutes while you have a hole in your stomach waiting to die instead of getting medical attention. This is like one of the worst season ending episodes ever.
agreed and what final episode? all i saw was dramatic slow walking and cut shots of black hair that i never found out belonged to
[/quote]It's Kaneki's hair
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
kannequi said:
Z4k said:

There bodies weren't there so I suppose they got taken away.

CCG only found seidou's quinque. Not sure about Among tho
Mar 26, 2015 7:28 PM
Aug 2009
Comic_Sans said:
DarkTreeofDoom said:
agreed and what final episode? all i saw was dramatic slow walking and cut shots of black hair that i never found out belonged to
It's Kaneki's hair[/quote] HIS HAIR?!? THATS WHAT I THOUGH UNTILL THEY SHOWED THE FINAL CUT TO HIS FACE AND ITS STILL WHITE??? WHO IS THE GAS MASK MAN??? I DONT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME!!!
Mar 26, 2015 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
DarkTreeofDoom said:
Comic_Sans said:
It's Kaneki's hair
HIS HAIR?!? THATS WHAT I THOUGH UNTILL THEY SHOWED THE FINAL CUT TO HIS FACE AND ITS STILL WHITE??? WHO IS THE GAS MASK MAN??? I DONT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME!!!

It doesn't actually turn black, they just showed his black hair because it ''symbolizes his humanity'' or something like that
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2015 7:32 PM
Aug 2009
AND what were they trying to accomplish by throwing hundreds of bodies at each other? i mean i get CCG but aohgiry or whatever they really had no purpose stated just Kill all humans or what?? and why did he ever join them? to eat moar ghouls? i just dont understand anything....jsut get the writer of hellsing and have him take over the concept and put that qualty of ovas out. worth it my favorite concept ever just terrible execution.
Mar 26, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
DarkTreeofDoom said:
AND what were they trying to accomplish by throwing hundreds of bodies at each other?
Mindless gore fanservice?
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2015 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
DarkTreeofDoom said:
AND what were they trying to accomplish by throwing hundreds of bodies at each other? i mean i get CCG but aohgiry or whatever they really had no purpose stated just Kill all humans or what?? and why did he ever join them? to eat moar ghouls? i just dont understand anything....jsut get the writer of hellsing and have him take over the concept and put that qualty of ovas out. worth it my favorite concept ever just terrible execution.

Aogiri didn't attack for no reason. Their main goal was to retrieve the coffee shop owner and some other people.
Mar 26, 2015 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
kannequi said:

Amon's quinque only too. His body wasn't there when Akira got there.

Mar 26, 2015 7:35 PM
Aug 2009
and im out of animes anyone have something bomb to recommend in this genre? please? anything other than slice of life and yaoi....
Mar 26, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2014
kannequi said:
Z4k said:

Amon's quinque only too. His body wasn't there when Akira got there.

I guess both of them got taken away.
Mar 26, 2015 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
DarkTreeofDoom said:
and im out of animes anyone have something bomb to recommend in this genre? please? anything other than slice of life and yaoi....
Ask here
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
This episode was not as bad as some people have claimed(it's like a 6.5 as opposed to a 3), but it is lackluster. Overall I would say if you're a fan of tokyo ghoul this is a anime worth a watch just to see some more tokyo ghoul content. Now of course to state the obvious READ THE MANGA!
Mar 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
Terrible.

The only good thing was the Unravel acoustic.
Mar 26, 2015 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
DarkTreeofDoom said:

Blue gender, Muv-Luv, Corpse Party, Another, Shiki, Shinsekai yori. Start around those..

@I still can't believe this series have more attention than DRRR and Fafner.
Mar 26, 2015 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
Hey CGC I have a better solution to the normady shit you just pulled.

The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Mar 26, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2014
Jonny_Mhl said:
I still can't believe this series have more attention than DRRR and Fafner.
One does not simply question MAL's logic
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2015 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
hah....hahahaa.hahahahahahaahaha

That ending was so atrocious and abysmal that I was half bursting out laughing and half speechless.

How the fuck are people defending this?!

We had fucking 10 minutes of Hide and Kaneki barely talking, 8 minutes of nothing but Anteiku burning down, and 5 minutes of Kaneki walking in a goddamn straight line. Literally as boring as the OP animations.

Then they threw that acoustic Unravel in there just to make people hate Studio Pierrot a bit less...which didn't work since they pulled the same stunt at the end of S1. Unoriginal as fuck. No surprise coming from Pierrot.

So we had like 18-20 minutes of what could've basically been still frames, and none would be the wiser...and then they fucking cut out the Arima fight. The ONLY reason to sit through the snore fest, and they just cut it out entirely.

Then Touka running from Yomo's place to Anteiku made zero difference whatsoever. She didn't do anything. She didn't say anything. Nothing changed. Instead of crying outside Yomo's house, she cried in the street. And then they didn't even show her crying scene at the end waiting for Kaneki, she was just some happy-go-lucky nobody working at another coffee shop.

The ultimate cockslap to fans everywhere was the :re sign. Although it was in the manga too, they had literally zero reason to add that in when they already butchered the story this much. Them including it means fucking Pierrot is guaranteed to stick their disgusting, AIDS covered hands into the rest of the franchise too.

It honestly makes me sick that they used such an underhanded and deplorable tactic to make manga sales soar: make a completely fucked up and atrocious adaptation...make viewers curious about how much better the manga is...everyone buys the manga...sales boost...anime considered a huge success.

1/10 Probably the worst thing I've ever watched. Incredibly painful to watch all of your hopes and expectations get torn to pieces right in front of you week after week.
Mar 26, 2015 7:52 PM
Dec 2014
Has Ishida said his thoughts on any of this? xD
Mar 26, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
Awful ending. Still want my season 3 if there will be one.

Are Hide and Amon both dead?

Jonesy974 said:

We had fucking 10 minutes of Hide and Kaneki barely talking, 8 minutes of nothing but Anteiku burning down, and 5 minutes of Kaneki walking in a goddamn straight line. Literally as boring as the OP animations.

Yeah, it's very frustrating.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2015 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
animeranker98 said:
Z4k said:

It was a flop in Japan. Just stop already.

Lol.The only characters in Parasyte were Izumi,Migi and Reiko. I don't see why Parasyte gets so much of love.It's good but c'mon guys it's nowhere near a masterpiece.

YOUR FUCKING PICTURE IS MIGI

Jul 2009
Jonny_Mhl said:
DarkTreeofDoom said:

Blue gender, Muv-Luv, Corpse Party, Another, Shiki, Shinsekai yori. Start around those..

@I still can't believe this series have more attention than DRRR and Fafner.

Shinsekai Yori is awesome! but...

Shiki is probably a better option for your needs.

Jan 2015
Whhaaaaaa! Such a dismal ending! At least hints of Touka's future coffee shop were promising. Now I really need to make time for the manga. I can't just leave the story at this point.
Mar 26, 2015 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
Jonesy974 said:
animeranker98 said:

Lol.The only characters in Parasyte were Izumi,Migi and Reiko. I don't see why Parasyte gets so much of love.It's good but c'mon guys it's nowhere near a masterpiece.

YOUR FUCKING PICTURE IS MIGI

How is that relevant

Mar 26, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2008
That was a terrible adaptation. I'd recommend people to go re-read the actual manga (which does kind of drag on for a while) as it's so much better than what this crap show turned out to be. Akame ga kill 2.0.
Mar 26, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
Why did Touka get turned into a useless character? In season 1 she was strong and amazing. Sad ending, I hope the anime continues...
Mar 26, 2015 8:18 PM
Mar 2012
So pretty much all that original anime content led to a finale of Kaneki walking to his death for half the episode. Well, at least we got to hear the acoustic version of "Unravel."
Mar 26, 2015 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
So like, I'm generally a fan of "show don't tell" but this was a bit much I will forever remember Kaneki as the protagonist with the least amount of lines.

This finale in itself was quite atmospheric though and tbh, no amount of dialogue could have made up for this entire season, so perhaps it was better this way.

R.I.P. Hide.

Now it's finally time for me to read the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
Judging from the RE tease at the end,I'm guessing this anime follow the manga ending despite deviate from the manga earlier on?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2015 8:22 PM

Sep 2013
The walking scene was strangely good and soothing :O

The end song is once again top notch stuff 10/10 for the ending song
8/10 for the show.
Mar 26, 2015 8:32 PM

Nov 2014
Despite all the ups and downs (mostly downs), its still has it's charm, it was more like the soft and less depressing version of the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 8:38 PM

Aug 2014
Jonesy974 said:
1/10 Probably the worst thing I've ever watched.

Too bad you can't rate it a negative

Mar 26, 2015 8:40 PM

Mar 2015
I just don't get how this anime could work out the way it did.

I thought the creator/mangaka was tightly involved in the making process of the anime? Especially the making of the last episode? How could he allow his work to be butchered the way it was?

As an anime only viewer it is/was nearly impossible to follow the anime. There are just too much things that are not explained/unmentioned/left out for a non-manga reader to comprehend.

And concerning the 'shitty' ending:

Maybe it's just a marketing trick? Make an anime with nice visuals but with bad storyline/plot. So the people will most likely will take a look at the anime to understand more?

Or is it a cultural thing? I don't know how Japanese viewers (the main audience) think about this. Maybe they are more fond of 'open endings' than American or European fans?
Mar 26, 2015 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
-The major disappointing part, we didn't get to see centipede or even other major events like Yoshimura's daughter Takatsuki Sen or what happened to Rize and twins, it was all cut off and anime shows no explanation for that. Rize was like nowhere to be seen in S2!
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

35 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

403 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

375 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 9:00 PM

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

41 by Inqo »»
Jun 13, 1:23 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.