Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't expect that Hirokawa to be a human. Totally catched me off-guard.

Shinichi losing it.

Nice scene at the end. ;)

Only 3 more episodes ;_;
Mar 4, 2015 12:16 PM
Dec 2014
Chelizzle said:

I found the speech about "humans are the real monsters" to be rather cheesy/preachy and unnecessary.The last episoded showed that enough,no need to treat the viewers like idiots.They present this "idea" as shallow as most anime do.

It's funny because that's not actually the message of the story. Hirokawa's... not right. You'll see, hopefully.

zat-bust said:
I find it weird that he even though he slaughtered all those humans, he doesn't even have a shred of blood on him. Does he take a shower after each time, where does he find this shower? Whereas when Migi kills, Shinichi has to wash his hands every time.

I assume that because Parasites need blood to survive and they're pretty much one big blob of cells, they can absorb it off their skin.

Jul 2014
b1GZZ said:
They kissed and had sex, finally. Now I bet she's gonna have a monster-baby :D XD jk

Amazing episode as always. Unfortunately this is gonna end in just 3 episodes, it's kinda sad because it's such an amazing story. I think there's still a lot to know so I'm going to be hoping for a second season. Well, there must be one, it's one of the best anime I've ever watched! The story is so structured and organized... and it's really amazing. I wasn't expecting such awesomeness when I first read the synopsis but I'm glad I've watched this, it's totally worth the time spent.

There's gonna be no second season. They have adapted the manga faithfully and manga only had 63 chapters. So it's time to say goodbye to this amazing adaptation in 3 episodes

4/5 this episode. Glad that Madhouse showed glimpses of that scene.

Dec 2011
Can't wait for the final fight with Shinichi/Migi vs Gotou...this gonna be awesome and i think last episode half of it will be the epilogue
Mar 4, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2011
Uuuugh what I REALLY didn't want to see finally happened. I actually couldn't watch the ending...
Mar 4, 2015 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
Awesome episode. Shnichi going all paranoia this episode.

Oh well, he got laid in the end and got back the will to live :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Just goes to show you... Sex can save the world
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 4, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm overall i really liked this episode but i have to admit, the ending felt rushed. going from park to house to bed in like 1-2 minutes seems a bit too fast. I would have preferred some more foreplay.
Mar 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
I bet Migi had a blast when they had sex ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 4, 2015 12:42 PM

May 2013
Murano must be amazing... she gave him the will to live.
Mar 4, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
:0 the whole time the mayor was human? i guess there were too many other parasytes around the first time they saw the new mayor and Migi thought he was one.
Mar 4, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
That was some fast fuck there.
Mar 4, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode. Nice twist at start, but...

Am I the only one who doesnt like how the story evolved? It will be probably one on one fight, somewhere deep in the woods, like how they first fought @@.

I also dont like the scene when Gotou meet with the protagonist and the dream sequence connected to it. It feels forced.
Mar 4, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
Murano pops in every couple of episodes to do something rash or dull. This time she comes in randomly to have sex with Shinichi. I understand that they needed a reason to have Shinichi refocus his efforts on living (now with Murano in his life), but couldn't that transition have been a bit less random?

Unspoken rule of anime: everything leads to sex?
Mar 4, 2015 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
Wow Shinichi actually got laid.
Mar 4, 2015 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, they actually had sex? That's a surprise. Very good episode.
Mar 4, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
Zer01 said:
Shouldn't of been considering the title of the episode lol
Mar 4, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
Zer01 said:
Shouldn't of been considering the title of the episode lol

I was thinking of gender this whole time LOL
Mar 4, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
As much as I love MadHouse, and I love them a lot, I don't think they made this episode well, at least not last part. I am not speaking about sex scene specifically, but about that whole part where Shinichi meets Murano. There is much more dialogue there, not just "Do you wanna come for coffee/My parents are not home". And while I did expect something like this in sex scene, the transition was just too random. There should have been 2-3 minutes more in that second part of episode..
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 4, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2015
HowTragic said:
Murano pops in every couple of episodes to do something rash or dull. This time she comes in randomly to have sex with Shinichi. I understand that they needed a reason to have Shinichi refocus his efforts on living (now with Murano in his life), but couldn't that transition have been a bit less random?

Unspoken rule of anime: everything leads to sex?

Exactly what I said. Rushed, not organic and totally out of nowhere. Considering the awkwardness of Shinichi and Murano's relationship these last couple of episodes, to go from "oh let us talk, no one is home" to having sex is bad writing. If Shinichi and Murano have gotten closer in previous episodes and Murano gotten her trust back to Shinichi, this could have been much better.

In fact the writing as a whole these last few episodes have been inconsistent as best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2010
man... that ending was handled REALLY poorly. Like, bruh, he was super paniced and freaking out at everything and then BAM sex just makes it all better.

not to mention that's a really poor resolution to the sub-plot of their relationship, the last time she was big in the story she was ready to dump him for not telling her what the problem is, and since then she's seen him in EVEN MORE BIZARRE situations like literally standing over a corpse holding a baby in bloodstained clothes and surrounded by cops, but a single hug from the guy in a pool of his own sweat and she's like "we'll bang, okay?" fuck.
Mar 4, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
This was creepy AF...

Shinichi's persistence with doing everything alone is starting to get a little annoying, and it doesn't make any sense. Everyone wants Gotou dead. Why not get some help from the military? And what was up with the insta-sex at the end? It felt a little rushed. Good episode overall, though.

4/5
Mar 4, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
Omg, it seems this episode was too fast than I didn't noticed what time did passed.. xD And they finally did it! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 4, 2015 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
ShadowGilgamesh said:
man... that ending was handled REALLY poorly. Like, bruh, he was super paniced and freaking out at everything and then BAM sex just makes it all better.

not to mention that's a really poor resolution to the sub-plot of their relationship, the last time she was big in the story she was ready to dump him for not telling her what the problem is, and since then she's seen him in EVEN MORE BIZARRE situations like literally standing over a corpse holding a baby in bloodstained clothes and surrounded by cops, but a single hug from the guy in a pool of his own sweat and she's like "we'll bang, okay?" fuck.

Yeah, I agree with this. I was really confused because Shinichi looked like he was ready to kill someone due to his paranoia, then he beats up on these random strangers, then he bear hugs Murano and starts hurting her, then she says 'want to have sex?'

If I were her I would stay the hell away from Shinichi....
Mar 4, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
I was bugged that Gotou didn't show the death of that soldier captain. Would have been satisfying seeing him ripped to shreds for killing innocent people.
Mar 4, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Think of all the kinky shit Migi could do.
Mar 4, 2015 1:36 PM
Dec 2014
Read in a yotube comment saying something about Uragami that they didnt show. Can someone tell me what chapter this was?
Mar 4, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
draw me like one of your french girls

migi was watching them bang for sure
:3
Mar 4, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
Gatou is insanely strong!
And migi finally sees intercourse
Hi there
Mar 4, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
I thought Shinichi was gonna shit himself when he saw Gotou.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 4, 2015 2:01 PM

Jun 2011
Lol, people bitchin that there was not enough deep philosophical dialogue/buildup that lead towards sex.
Do you even live in a real-life?

Gotou is a badass. He doesn't give a shit about anything, he slaughters everyone because the meaning of his existance is to fight.

And I'm hoping that some shit will happen and Shinichi will kill Uragami.

Mar 4, 2015 2:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
ArdenFolgore said:
Lol, people bitchin that there was not enough deep philosophical dialogue/buildup that lead towards sex.

MAL needs a like button, so i can smash it for this post.
Mar 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
ArdenFolgore said:

Focus wasn't supposed to be put on act of sex itself, but a reason behind it. So yeah, there should have been more buildup towards it. However, it is not only sex scene which was poor. Whole second part which should describe Shinichi's fear was rushed.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 4, 2015 2:24 PM
Apr 2014
Good episode. No one doing anything too stupid. Although that sex scene came out of nowhere.
Mar 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
ArdenFolgore said:

It's not the sex scene that bothers me personally (after all, everyone was spoiling it in droves last week). It's the fact that I don't see any reason to be excited about it in the first place. It's just a way to give Shinichi confidence after Gotou scared the crap out of him and nothing more. I don't mind too much that I think Murano is boring, but Shinichi going through that fear phase in the first place just doesn't work for me due to some circumstances surrounding it that I won't delve into.

Long story short, it's not bad. It's just not great.

Also, why is Parasyte going into stupid "man is the true evil" crap now? I heard some people say it's setup for the true message, but there's no reason the setup couldn't make more sense.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 4, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
I totally shit myself when that guy at the beginning turned out to be a human. What a twist!
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 4, 2015 2:38 PM
Nov 2010
Hirokawa actually being human caught me by surprise. Now, I see why he could easily get through.

Uragami escaping was logical, he saw the chance and used it right away.

The animation was executed really well, especially during the fight in the building(and on the roof) and during Shinichi's fear phase.

I'm not exactly certain on the dream thing, so I might check it out again.

Shinichi having sex was interesting, it's not every day a regular anime has that. It also makes sense. Migi got to see human intercourse, as well.

I wonder what Shinichi and Migi plan to do now and also humans and parasytes.
Mar 4, 2015 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
PancakesAndStuff said:
Good episode. No one doing anything too stupid. Although that sex scene came out of nowhere.

Nice episode and finally a development for their relationship.
Migi was awake or not? hahahahahahahha

I see people dont like murano, but she was understandig towards him in this episode. Didint ask anything. They love each other people, deal with it.
Having sex now or later was a matter of time.
Mar 4, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
Izumi-Kun has completely lost his fucking mind.

Oct 2014
I guess Migi got to see that human intercourse it wanted to see

Aug 2012
Kana would have be 20 times better, but Izumi is still the badass of the season.

Mar 4, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
Shinichi's threesome with Izumi-Kun-Chan.
Mar 4, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
Open-Dice said:

Well, after facing Gotou, who wouldn't?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
geralt said:
Open-Dice said:

Well, after facing Gotou, who wouldn't?

His change in personality is so ridiculously drastic. Just like that woman to take advantage of him in his broken state of vulnerability.
Mar 4, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
Man I saw that love-making scene coming. Told myself it was too early cuz Shinichi and Murano haven't talked much after they reunited, but I knew it would happen.
Mar 4, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2014

My reaction after this episode.

gr8 episode m8 i r8 8/8 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
#1 show this season and possibly the year. Loved the twist it really caught me by surprise, I liked Hirokawas speech. What a way to view things. Murano #1 best character
Mar 4, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
Nice, shinchi did it.
Mar 4, 2015 3:19 PM

May 2010
You guys are silly.

Ever hear the expression "actions speak louder than words"? That's what the entire story has been about. Humans have made a society for themselves, but that doesn't exactly fit the ideal world or other creatures ideals. What do words matter when they fall on deaf ears? What do words matter when force is required?

Shinichi at times fears he isn't human and the question is somewhat presented to the viewers, but the answer was already given in this very episode. What is a parasite? An prganism. What is a human? An organism. It was never really a decent question to begin with, Shinichi and Migi have only ever been Shinichi and Migi. Any changing they have done has simply been growing up. From Shinichis' mood swings to Migi's slightly skewed perspectives, they never lose touch of who they are, they just have been taking in new information and gaining experience.

As for Murano and Shinichi, can anyone honestly say they didn't see them in episode 1 and wonder "I wonder how far they are in their relationship?". They've been digging each other since before day 1, it isn't rushed. It's delayed.

As for Shinichi wanting to fight now... he's BEEN wanting to fight. Sure he's a coward, he always has been, but when asked what he should or shouldn't do he's always resolved to do what he believes is right, which has been to fight to protect humanity. Shinichi even wanted to turn himself in to be studied which Migi threatened him not to do. The scene in this episode wasn't anything special, it just showed that in the face of his fear he still wants to protect.
Mar 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
Flawfinder said:

Also, why is Parasyte going into stupid "man is the true evil" crap now? I heard some people say it's setup for the true message, but there's no reason the setup couldn't make more sense.
Obviously, there's a lot more to the series than just that. They heavily hinted at one in this episode with Shinichi admitting that "in the end, he's trampling over those around him in order to live". That's quite a contrast compared to his mindset earlier in the anime where he thought he was going to become a hero or something and help saving humanity from those parasites with his newfound powers.
SpencerBagelMar 4, 2015 3:34 PM
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

381 by Alberty »»
Oct 18, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2014

599 by msh7a »»
Oct 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

261 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Oct 14, 1:08 PM

» I still keep thinking about this anime from time to time

satsangg - Oct 7

20 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 13, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

278 by menacce »»
Sep 27, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.