Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 2:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I was kinda jumping out of my seat when i heard Kaori speak german.

NEIN! JA! :D
Dec 18, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
HE SAID IT!!!! "I had you" YES YES!!!! :3
Dec 18, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2009
Dec 18, 2014 2:47 PM
Apr 2014
Hiroko such a MILF.

And the Death Flags Festival starts!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 18, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
ugh, all this foreshadowing. she pretty much asked him to confess. and doesn't she know he is becoming extremely dependent on her? wait, so is the rest of the show him being her accompanist since he didn't pass in the piano comp? really hope not. also he is gonna have the top pianist in japan teach him? !!!
Dec 18, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Man, right in the feeeels. I once knew a girl like that so this story is hitting me right where it hurts. And the art is so incredibly beautiful. I have to pick up the manga once the anime is over and luckily it's getting an English release in the spring.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Dec 18, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
<====3 <— This episode.
Dec 18, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
Friend A let out the bomb.
Kaori spouting some death flag bullshit.Obviously she has the same illness as Kousei's Mother!

Also anyone know the name of the OST?
Fuck I want it!!

I'm literally running out of compliments for this Anime..Fantastic episode non stop since the First week.

Dec 18, 2014 3:07 PM
Jan 2013
i'm so in love with this anime,altough i feel like i'm going to bawl my eyes out pretty soon
Dec 18, 2014 3:10 PM
Apr 2014
Wait what everyone is throwing the term death flag around. I dont want to sound like a huge noob, but I guess there is no avoiding it now - whats a death flag? Is Kaori going to die? Why would you think that? Because she said shes not going to be around at the end? That could mean she is leaving or something.
Dec 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2011
Can anyone tell me what was the song on the confession scene?

btw: Death flags :'{
Dec 18, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
At this point I do hope Kaori dies. Not because I hate her (although I'm not fond of her either), but not only would it leave a bigger impact on the plot, but also because Kousei has become too reliant on her and has developed tunnel vision. I really didn't like how he dedicated his entire performance for her and didn't care at all about Tsubaki or Watari. That was ignorant/ungrateful.
Dec 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
God Damn it...........well I knew that this moment would be coming sooner or later when I started watching (grabs box of tissues).
Dec 18, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
Madara31 said:
At this point I do hope Kaori dies. Not because I hate her (although I'm not fond of her either), but not only would it leave a bigger impact on the plot, but also because Kousei has become too reliant on her and has developed tunnel vision. I really didn't like how he dedicated his entire performance for her and didn't care at all about Tsubaki or Watari. That was ignorant/ungrateful.

So true.
Dec 18, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2012
Almaironn said:
Wait what everyone is throwing the term death flag around. I dont want to sound like a huge noob, but I guess there is no avoiding it now - whats a death flag? Is Kaori going to die? Why would you think that? Because she said shes not going to be around at the end? That could mean she is leaving or something.

"Flags" are usually signs that a certain plot twist will occur. People are saying that a "death flag" triggered because the anime showed that:
1) Kaori went to the hospital
2) She had a lot of medicine in her hospital room
3) She said several things that are pointing into the direction that she won't be there any longer to accoompany Kousei.

Especially points 1 and 2 are indicating a "death flag" and not that she is just going away somewhere else
Dec 18, 2014 3:29 PM
Dec 2012
Im loving this anime so much.
He loves her and knows it, the best friend situation can be difficult though.

I love this anime but it also scares me lol. So many death flags being thrown around. If something happens to her...which I would be surprised at this point if it didn't.......it would hit me harder in the feels more than anything else Ive seen.
Dec 18, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
Swerv said:
Madara31 said:

So true.

Yep.I agree.
In a way..Kousei hasn't still fully moved on from his Trauma with his mother.
That's evident with him still being unable to hear notes.
I also think that his love for Kaori is just a Admiration from the start that turned into love..Because she's the Ideal musician Kousei wanted to be.
He's using it as a new found drive to ignore the truth and still stuck in the past.

I hope the Sensei would be the third party that would reveal the Perspective of the mother and completely wipe the slate clean for Kousei.

Dec 18, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2013
This was definitely my favourite Episode of this show so far.
Nice insert song at firefly scene, love it!

Let's all hope for a miracle to happen at the end! This show induces a lot of emotions ...
Dec 18, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm it was a good episode! I don't like this death flags I'm seeing... ;_; so his piano is nice and clean now :)
Dec 18, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Great character development this episode! I loved the hero analogy and how Kousei basically just said "Yeah, I'm normal, oh well." Also, Hiroko is awesome; I hope she gets a lot of screentime.

I don't even know if I've jumped on the KouseixKoari ship, but I really don't like all these death flags, especially when it looks like they might actually get somewhere. Stahp it nao!
Dec 18, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2014
Kousei confessed?!?! He sorta did I guess?
Kaori seems quite off, she seemed to raise a death flag.
Nooooooo, don't leave Kousei behind like his mum! D:
:)
Dec 18, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 2013
That scene in the end was really cute :3 ^^
Dec 18, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
Wow those lightning bugs that Kaori described were so allegory to her current situation about wanting to shine and then fading away. Also looks like a major death flag has been raised with that last line she said. I hope she doesn't die if she really is dying.....
Dec 18, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2014
Man oh man, definitely seeing Kaori's death flag raised nice and high. Besides that though I really loved OST in this episode and all the lighting bugs were gorgeous.
Dec 18, 2014 4:48 PM
Oct 2010
It's like every episode Kaori picks up and waves a death flag bigger than the one in the previous episode, in case there's anyone who hasn't noticed.

It's a garrison death flag by now. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 18, 2014 4:56 PM
Nov 2013
Very good episode! Loved it.

We all knew Kousei wouldn't place but it makes me happy that he won't just bitch about life anymore and found his resolve. I like Hiroko a lot already. I can tell that she will affect Kousei's playing, but in a good way. "I had you", thought that was really beautiful but makes me sad because of the Kaori death flags :/ I hope the next competition is a success!
Dec 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Wow that mother went from "He's my treasure" to bitch slapping the fuck out of him for not being absolutely perfect.
InugirlzJan 15, 2015 1:46 PM
Dec 18, 2014 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
To people who say Kousei confessed in a way to Kaori, he didn't. He simply just expressed his gratitude to her for helping him stay by his side and teaching him the ways to get back on his feet.
Don't worry, the time will definitely come where Kousei will happily confess those three words to Kaori with a "I love you".
Dec 18, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
Had to rewatch a few last minutes to understand that 'death flag' everyone is speaking of. No more watching serious shows while drunk I guess :/
Dec 18, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2008
"Heroes don't succumb, heroes don't crumble." I think that blond guy hasn't watched enough hero shows, heroes crumble plenty, it's those heroes that are the most fun to watch, and that's what makes this series worthwhile to watch, not the romance which I honestly think kind of sucks, the struggle that Arima's going through.

Now the question remains, will further tragedy ensue in the form of Kaori? Which will form him into an even better pianist. Or are they just raising smoke screens with Kaori? My money is on her dieing, and even though I dislike how Kaori toys with Arima, even I consider that a too heavy of a price to pay.
Dec 18, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
Doesn't it reach the point where a death flag is so obvious that it can't be a death flag? I seriously doubt that she will die. I do believe something will affect her, but not to the extent of dying. The amount of hints and clues being thrown out is making it obvious that the obvious isn't the obvious. :^)
Dec 18, 2014 5:30 PM
Jul 2012
Anyone know the song that plays when Kaori asks what Kousei leans on and he says "I had you"?
Dec 18, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
Kousei did not pass at all since he stopped playing the piano in midway.

I really like Hiroko so far.
Dec 18, 2014 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
Who is Charlie Brown? That quote can't be from Peanuts... LOL

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 18, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
Inugirlz said:
Wow that mother went from "He's my treasure" to bitch slapping the fuck out of him for nothing being absolutely perfect.

*dies of laughter*

Its the slap of happiness
Dec 18, 2014 5:58 PM
May 2014
Ah it's finally that scene. Ouch, Kaori. I hope she lives. She doesn't need to be with Mr. Mediocre. I couldn't care less about the romance here, all girls, including Emi, are fine anyway. Just don't die and make a weird "omg, my only motivation died. F*** this s***, I quit" drama, or a bittersweet cliche ending.
Dec 18, 2014 5:59 PM

Feb 2014
mugiwara84 said:
"Heroes don't succumb, heroes don't crumble." I think that blond guy hasn't watched enough hero shows [...]

That was a reference to Ping Pong.

"Heroes don't succumb, heroes don't crumble." Its not that heroes are perfect beings, but we think of them as if they are. One that break rules and goes beyond the "impossible". As long we see those qualities in someone, it is a hero (for us).

Inugirlz said:
Wow that mother went from "He's my treasure" to bitch slapping the fuck out of him for nothing being absolutely perfect.

I sense that everybody will love okaa-san after we get to know more about her (no, I didn't read the manga, but since this anime leaves a lot of trails each episode, its natural to suspect a lot of things everytime)

Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's more that every scene has to be made to look like the most profound life changing and monumental thing ever in the anime even if it's just a low key matter of fact scene in the manga. Everything must be dressed up and run through some glossy filter with the most idealized background settings and visual cues to give people those "feels" they so treasure and seem to derive some sort of emotional drive from. IMO nothing is allowed to breathe and speak for itself and the true moments that matter are never allowed to shine cause absolutely everything is overwrought and overstylized. Just another example of Japan's tendency to overkill everything.

Thats some sick stuff you said but yeah, you're mostly right, but this isn't by any mean "Japan's tendency to overkill everything". Those problems you mentioned are literally everywhere in the world, be it at your average hollywood film or in an amateur's production.

yaHzee said:
Doesn't it reach the point where a death flag is so obvious that it can't be a death flag? I seriously doubt that she will die. I do believe something will affect her, but not to the extent of dying. The amount of hints and clues being thrown out is making it obvious that the obvious isn't the obvious. :^)

If she doesn't die we'll convince the mangaka plus anime staff to make it so
Dec 18, 2014 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
Kaori's last line in the episode!! SAY IT AINT SO, CHARLIE BROWN!! :((((
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
The new character is nice. Knows him since he was little and now is gonna... teach him the piano. I get what that meant, but still, it was a bit weird. Friend A-kun and Kaori playing again, good. It seems it isn't exactly a competition, but that should be fun.

And the fucking death flags, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. Like, damn, that's enough, we already got the message, her health's not ok. At this point they might as well kill the girl already (JK JK pls don't!! T.T).
Dec 18, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
fuck fuck fuck fuck shes going to die no nono eon ononoonono
Dec 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
Excelion said:
Anyone know the song that plays when Kaori asks what Kousei leans on and he says "I had you"?

I want to know as well. This OST is seriously beautiful. I need to get my hands on it ASAP!

Reading the ending credits my assumption would be the song by ENA? Even though I know, I still haven't been able to find it anywhere yet.

They did pretty well to portray his frustrations as a normal boy, and Aiza's recognition of that was done so much better than in the manga here. I loved the way they introduced Hiroko and Koharu. As for why Kousei's mother changed her mind about letting him become a pianist, well.... I guess you'll all have to wait and see his performance at the Gala Concert ;)

As for his "I had you".... I keep wondering if he actually said it out loud, or if it was just part of his monologue.... hrm.... death flags, death flags everywhere...

By the way, the moment Kaori turned Chibi and jumped off the bridge was gif-worthy. Could someone please help me make that? XD
L-RyoshiDec 18, 2014 7:08 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 18, 2014 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Excelion said:

I want to know as well. This OST is seriously beautiful. I need to get my hands on it ASAP!

Reading the ending credits my assumption would be the song by ENA? Even though I know, I still haven't been able to find it anywhere yet.

Seems like the OST in this episode is also made by her.
Who ever this "ENA" is..I want her song!

Dec 18, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2014
Ah, very good episode. Hirioko is awesome, looks like she'll act like somewhat of a replacement mother. Yeah, Kousei lost, but he look'd relieved. I bet he'd prefer to suck at piano than to go back to being his mom's robotic slave, which is what Takeshi doesn't understand. Kousei is indeed just a human, though i never thought Takeshi's admiration was that high.

I loved the OST that played during Kousei's ''confession''. I loved the whole scene with the fireflies as well. Tsubaki getting madder and madder, which is always a plus.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 18, 2014 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
the ending to this episode made this series my favorite of the season.

sad kaori's death will deff be a major boost to the story.

also a request, can anyone make a signature gif of when they were standing on the in the last few minutes and the art style changed and the wind blew

Dec 18, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
If anyone wonders the OST that was played on Kaori with Kousei scene, It's called "For you ~ Tsuki no Hikari ga Furisosogu Terrace" by ENA and it will be released on January 21, 2015 with their full album.

http://vgmdb.net/album/49046

Man, these feels and emotion on this episode felt so real. The scene where Kousei sorta confesses his feelings is very great and beautiful, I am regretting myself for reading the manga until the current chapter due the curiosity of what will happens to Kaori >,<
Great episode as usual, Next 2 episode is going to be filled with lot of dramas, we will find out the reason why his mother forced him to be that way and i can't wait for Kousei's next performance which will be absolutely amazing

Dec 18, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Oh shit, that insert song was really well timed. Especially when they paused it and then played it after his confession. The fireflies scene was outstanding. This show really knows how to use it's OST effectively and that goes out to the entire episode.

Otherwise, this episode was mostly a breather/cooldown episode from the past two intense ones, which is decent too.

Hyped for the gala now. Those performances better be good! ^_^
Dec 18, 2014 7:51 PM

Nov 2014
Arima was pretty cool even if he didn't advance (it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to anyways). I love Seto-san omg. She's really awesome!! I can't wait to see more interactions between her and Arima. So, Kaori's last line... I wonder if she's referring to her medical issues? Also, wow... this anime has a ton of really cheesy/cliché lines, but somehow the animation and music make it work??
Dec 18, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2009
new guardian is pretty cool. i love these op chars who come in and are all laddy dah but in reality, they're the best of the best.

im preppin for all the soon feels
Dec 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
kuro-ooji said:
Also, wow... this anime has a ton of really cheesy/cliché lines, but somehow the animation and music make it work??

Yeah, the pacing/timing of how they do the really intense scenes are excellent. (And I know someone will disagree with me, but I'm speaking for the majority)
Dec 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2014
dtjohnson232 said:
the ending to this episode made this series my favorite of the season.

sad kaori's death will deff be a major boost to the story.

also a request, can anyone make a signature gif of when they were standing on the in the last few minutes and the art style changed and the wind blew

Stop assuming that Kaori will die. A couple of deathflags doesn't indicate that someone is automatically going to die just like that. Just keep watching to find out. Unless you're the producer of the show then you know fully well what the insight of the future holds within' this anime.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1182 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 23, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

169 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Opus of Sorrow and Love

tsubagakure - Sep 22

5 by mo_lave »»
Sep 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2015

300 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 21, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

336 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 21, 5:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.