Forum Settings
Forums

Shooting Game 'Gunslinger Stratos' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 9, 2014 9:04 AM

Mar 2011
Idk which anime studio done this but looks cool.
Dec 9, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
At least A1 pictures would be giving this show top-tier animation.
HachiKirraDec 9, 2014 9:26 AM
Dec 9, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
HOLY S**T

Never expect this gonna happen

Looks like square enix learning from Gryozetter failure marketing strategy

Not suprise A-1 handle this adpatation (again) since Gryozetter also make by A-1 too

But uro also in list staff??? Square enix must be joking just like what they are doing with THE WORLD END WITH YOU teaser site back in 2013

Well, if he can make high quality story just like gaim, i don't care what people says about this anime

Oh come on fast spring 2015
Dec 9, 2014 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
The game look great as for the anime i really dont know,
but i wouldn't get my hopes up.
NisxDec 9, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 9, 2014 9:40 AM
May 2012
Gen Urobuchi........bitches.
Dec 9, 2014 9:41 AM

Mar 2013
zellami said:
Not-Your-Country trailer can be seen here:

look like it came out from a Tales of Game...
Already love it :)
Dec 9, 2014 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
I like "normal student", if well done gives ground for good development, the worst is the "normal student who then finds out he's not normal at all"
Dec 9, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2007
This is just Aniplex using Urobuchi's name to sell a product again cause they're too chicken shit to go it alone. Wouldn't expect much here at all.
Dec 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
Geez another Urobuchi show that isn't actually a Urobuchi show?
Dec 9, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
BotatoPriest said:

Inb4 he only writes the first 3 episodes, and has nothing to do with the characters.
probably. urobuchi lacks the speed that is needed for most tv anime, thus he is better suited to work on concepts or story outlines than the script itself

well, the staff really sucks and the pv shows it
the animation as well as the designs are fucking ugly
Dec 9, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2007
Hidayat246 said:
HOLY S**T

Never expect this gonna happen

Looks like square enix learning from Gryozetter failure marketing strategy

Not suprise A-1 handle this adpatation (again) since Gryozetter also make by A-1 too

But uro also in list staff??? Square enix must be joking just like what they are doing with THE WORLD END WITH YOU teaser site back in 2013

Well, if he can make high quality story just like gaim, i don't care what people says about this anime

Oh come on fast spring 2015

It's more just like the get that guy's name on the goddamn product so it'll actually sell strategy. Not exactly a stroke of genius.

Brobot said:
BotatoPriest said:

Inb4 he only writes the first 3 episodes, and has nothing to do with the characters.
probably. urobuchi lacks the speed that is needed for most tv anime, thus he is better suited to work on concepts or story outlines than the script itself

well, the staff really sucks and the pv shows it
the animation as well as the designs are fucking ugly

What's kind of sad is that the designs from the game don't actually look half bad and are quite detailed like is the Square standard, but A-1 sameface seems to be raring it's ugly head again after some time off with the likes of Aldnoah and April is Your Lie and the CGI in the one building hopping scene somehow reminds me of the scene transitions form that old 90's Spiderman cartoon if not quite as primitive.
Dec 9, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2011
Reminds me of Persona and Tales. Will Watch !!!!!!
Dec 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
AnimeFan500 said:
Reminds me of Persona and Tales. Will Watch !!!!!!

Reminds me of Gundam Extreme Vs.....the in game engine, hud and gameplay style I mean.

Matoro_Mahri said:
Urobuchi isn't going to have shit to do with this. They're just throwing his name on there, just like they did with AZ. Too bad, he really does have a great career ahead as long as he doesn't sell out. Right now he's literally throwing his weight around everywhere, right now the buyer is Square Enix. I feel sorry for game fans.

Too late IMO.
Dec 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Game adaptation? Hmm maybe will give it a try
Dec 9, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
If Urobuchi has anything to do with it I must watch.
Dec 9, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
Urobuchi, really?

Seems interesting enough but already sick of Squeenix's mobile crap though but that's for another discussion.
Tutturu ~
Dec 9, 2014 1:53 PM
Mar 2010
Would try lol.
Dec 9, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2008
trailer looks so bad
Dec 9, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2006
That looks terrible.
Dec 9, 2014 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm the PV looks alright and I'm not hyped about the cast or anything. Character designs looked nice but it feels different when animated. Will watch for the heck of it. The synopsis sounds kind of random, like there's some disease then something about fighting another self? Maybe there's a connection somewhere.
Dec 9, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Reminds me of Gundam Extreme Vs.....the in game engine, hud and gameplay style
Same game developer. Byking worked along with Square Enix for this.
Dec 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
Well, it certainly looks like a video game adaption..
Dec 9, 2014 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
Looks pretty meh in my opinion, will check it out but my 1st impressions based off previews are normally right so going by that I probably wont like this show
Dec 9, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
Already knew that this was gonna happen when SquareEnix did a Anime PV for the game not long ago.
Dec 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Jan 2011
Well it's a video game adaption so I don't really have high hopes for it, but looks like it might be stupid fun.
Dec 9, 2014 5:26 PM
Jun 2014
I bought it also.. Gunslinger Stratos like Infinite Stratos..
Game for release anime only
Roseanne Maceda
Dec 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
Looks OK.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
that staff list....

i'll give this one a try

more people suffering haha
Dec 9, 2014 6:06 PM
May 2013
SnazzGary said:

Its been said before but usually anime with adults as main characters usually don't do well in disc sales. I'd like to see more adults as main protagonists in anime too.

Also, I'd like a Karneval remake soon and THEN a second season. Karneval is so good...

Huh, I don't know if I'd classify that as weird, but that sucks. I like older protagonists, like in seinen. I mean, teenagers are cool and all, but a change would be nice, ya know?

Some very enjoyable anime have started with young protagonists. But i think it would be nice to see more older characters too. Actually for me, I don't mind younger characters if a time skip is incorporated. For example, shows like Shinsekai Yori and Nagi no Asukara included time skips. Not sure if it'll happen for this (seems unlikely) but alas...maybe we'll see a great time skip anime soon....
Dec 9, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
The premise seems like a jumble of many other anime I know... but still, I want to watch it somehow!
Dec 9, 2014 8:26 PM
Feb 2014
>mfw not named Infinite Girl

I'll watch, whether or not I like it is too early to tell.
Dec 9, 2014 8:27 PM
Jul 2013
I hope it doesn't end up like Aldnoah zero :D
Dec 9, 2014 9:41 PM

Nov 2011
Gunslinger Stratos

maaan dat b chuuni max name
Let's mash Gunslinger Girl and Stratos 4 together now shan't we?

game from Square Enix

Anime adaptation of Square Enix's arcade action game

Staff
Original: Gen Urobuchi
Studio: A-1 Pictures

Never have I seen such a recipe for disaster before.
Intuition always wins.

And with this Key Visual

you know it's going to end up as something like Black Bullet + some other thing thrown in. It doesn't MATTER what, just get anything and toss it in.
Dec 9, 2014 9:46 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like shit and Gen+A1 isnt helping it. Oh well ill still watch it regardless.
Dec 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Jan 2008
The second coming of Guilty Crown?
Dec 9, 2014 10:15 PM
Jul 2014
I'm watching this for sure.
Dec 9, 2014 10:27 PM
Oct 2012
will it be the same as Gunslinger girl?
Dec 10, 2014 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
Well it's got Urobutcher and the hype staff going on. Basically pulling an Aldnoah right out of the gate.

A-1 though. Higher chance of this sucking now.

Voice cast list is pretty fucking amazing though.

After seeing this, I'm holding out for a possible Nano song since her song Happy Ending Simulator was the theme song for the cinematic trailer for the game.
Dec 10, 2014 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
I hope its not another aldnoahcrap.
Dec 10, 2014 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
I see Gen Urobuchi; I'm interested.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 10, 2014 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
Sawashiro Miyuki, huh? I guess it deserves the three-episode rule.
Dec 10, 2014 2:00 AM

Nov 2013
woah woah Urobutcher here? Looks interesting. :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2014 3:33 AM
Feb 2012
zellami said:

And here I was wondering how A-1 could manage to make something actually look good.

If The Butcher gets to have fun with this show, you can expect to end up bawling like a little girl five episodes into the show. But since it's A-1 doing their usual thing, the show will still end up looking like shit; as the trailer confirms. It's a shame that such a mediocre studio gets to do so many shows.

Oh and it also looks like the cast changed from the game to the anime. Another shame given the line-up of the former.

I'll check it out but I'm doing it reluctantly given the bad taste Aldnoah Fail left.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 10, 2014 7:49 AM

Dec 2013
Urobuchi? Might give it a try
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 10, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Urobuchi is in there.

Im so gonna watch this
Dec 10, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2013
A-1 Pictures
Gen Urobuchi
and finally the ever impressive and elegant Mizuki Nana along with veterans like Sayaka Ohara, Rikiya Koyama, talents like Saki Fujita, Saori Hayami, Hisako Kanemoto, Kana Ueda and the abundant eargasm from Miyuki Sawashiro. Wow.. Just wow for the voice cast. Could give it a try
Dec 10, 2014 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
Rachmaninow said:
zellami said:

And here I was wondering how A-1 could manage to make something actually look good.

If The Butcher gets to have fun with this show, you can expect to end up bawling like a little girl five episodes into the show. But since it's A-1 doing their usual thing, the show will still end up looking like shit; as the trailer confirms. It's a shame that such a mediocre studio gets to do so many shows.

Oh and it also looks like the cast changed from the game to the anime. Another shame given the line-up of the former.

I'll check it out but I'm doing it reluctantly given the bad taste Aldnoah Fail left.

I find it funny how A-1 tends to mean such different things to such different people. Some see it as a seal of quality cause they get to adapt a lot of popular works, others like myself see them as kind of bunglers that hog popular licenses that other studios with less overworked staff and more open schedules could probably do more with. That said this looks pretty budget and like they are indeed relying on the Urobuchi and seiyuu names and promotion to carry the day. Honestly I find the original Square Enix models and game engine to look far more graphically detailed and interesting than what I saw in that trailer.

sakura-hanabi said:
Honestly, I am tired of Urobutcher fanboys dissing a writer before an anime even airs, all because it's not Uro Butcher who is not doing it. Stop treating him like some type of God and everyone else as shit. Also someone like Urobutcher could create BOTH amazing and bad things, I cannot stand people who only stand in the glory of their best works, but put the blame on someone else if the outcome is not desirable. (Aldnoah Zero, Susei no Gargantia).

Uro Butcher is planning this show, that is all there is to it. Whether it turns out good or bad is up to the entire anime staff. Do people even know how many people work to make an anime amazing? It's not just the the planner, there's also the writer, the director and the entire anime staff. There is a whole team of people who makes the show what it is and it could turn out either good or bad. People are already pointing fingers before this anime even airs.

The whole "Urobutcher" thing is for sure getting really annoying. It's like people really do think the guy is utterly infallible and he always has to be the center of attention whenever he's on a project for sure. Granted not that the other staff are even remotely famous but I mean....look at what we're dealing with here. He came up with some scenario concept on the fly for a zany action arcade game which is essentially what his company Nitroplus is there for (they basically entered the anime scene due to a severe writer/content creator shortage as far as I can tell) along with the likes of 5pb and what we get is a smorgasborg of cowboys, guns, Akihabara and some other stuff that appeals to otaku which has been one of Square Enix's aims of late under their whole restructuring along with that school battle RPG thing. Looks pretty cut and dry and like a phoned in pastiche of popular ideas similar to Aldnoah.Zero and what 5pb does.

But yeah I lost a tremendous amount of respect for the guy when it pretty much became obvious that he only accepts questions and discussion on his most critically successful stuff and refuses to even acknowledge people that ask tough questions about some of his less well received stuff and says to ask and blame other people for it and likewise do the same if Psycho Pass 2 doesn't turn out so well and that can't answer questions cause he doesn't identify with the cast or whatever. Very unprofessional and immature behavior. Like he needs to start owning more responsibility for the things he's involved in, especially when he gets big credits and top billing like original creator (Aldnoah.Zero) or in this case original scenario yet just casually ducks out of the limelight when things get dicey.

From the fanboy side of things that's such a convenient position to be in as a creative consultant working out of Nitroplus where people can basically suggest that if something is a hit it's all thanks to the ideas he presented to his contractors and if not it's because the people who contracted him weren't competent enough to live up to his brilliance or whatever it is.

Also IMO his last actual decent anime work credit including movies was Psycho Pass back in 2012 which while not great at least did some justice by it's genre and didn't rely on some form of subversion of expectations for the most part. Everything else since has been either unremarkable or downright mediocre so we'll see where this falls, but I'm sooner betting on the mediocre one given how game adaptations usually tend to go, particularly A-1's.
PeacingOutDec 10, 2014 10:54 AM
Dec 10, 2014 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
sakura-hanabi said:
Honestly, I am tired of Urobutcher fanboys dissing a writer before an anime even airs, all because it's not Uro Butcher who is not doing it. Stop treating him like some type of God and everyone else as shit. Also someone like Urobutcher could create BOTH amazing and bad things, I cannot stand people who only stand in the glory of their best works, but put the blame on someone else if the outcome is not desirable. (Aldnoah Zero, Susei no Gargantia).

Uro Butcher is planning this show, that is all there is to it. Whether it turns out good or bad is up to the entire anime staff. Do people even know how many people work to make an anime amazing? It's not just the the planner, there's also the writer, the director and the entire anime staff. There is a whole team of people who makes the show what it is and it could turn out either good or bad. People are already pointing fingers before this anime even airs.

Is it really fanboying over someone if you liked all their previous works? It's called having expectations because you haven't been let down yet.
I find it funny because plenty of other lesser known directors and the like also get really hyped because they nailed one good work and no one says anything.
Dec 10, 2014 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
Paulo27 said:

Is it really fanboying over someone if you liked all their previous works? It's called having expectations because you haven't been let down yet.
I find it funny because plenty of other lesser known directors and the like also get really hyped because they nailed one good work and no one says anything.

Gotta actually read his points instead of just making up your own and answering those dude. He's saying he takes issue with the guy essentially getting to always be considered perfect because if something is successful and well received all the credit somehow ends up going to him and if not it's apparently everyone else's fault but his for not living up to his greatness. It has nothing to do with a random person liking all of his works or whatever. Also name a lesser known director in anime that gets hyped because they nailed one good work and pretty much always gets to shirk any and all possible criticism ever and where you never hear anything about them that is anything less than glowing. The only one that comes to mind for me right now is Ei Aoki.
Dec 10, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
He's saying he takes issue with the guy essentially getting to always be considered perfect because if something is successful and well received all the credit somehow ends up going to him and if not it's apparently everyone else's fault but his for not living up to his greatness.

What anime was well received that he didn't work on most of the time? A/Z, Gargantia? Yeah, right.
Do people praise the parts that he wrote? Yeah, but most people can agree that those were not why they failed.
I find it to be more the other way around — A/Z and Gargantia failed? Sasuga Urobutcher! But you can't say he didn't work on them that much even if it's true because it's considering fanboying "yeah, it's not his fault but he worked on them and it failed so he also failed!"
While things that he worked on from beggining to finish Madoka, Psycho-Pass and F/Z, to some extent, are well received by most people, why should he not be credited for those when he made them?
Personally I find it very natural that people hype his works, I personally haven't been left down yet so there's no reason to not do so, is he perfect? Probably not, he ought to screw up some time but I'm not going to not look forward to something he will be working on because that next thing might be the screw up.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Unnamed Memory' Gets Second Season in Winter 2025

Nioxys - 56 minutes ago

4 by makaisson »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Tasogare Out Focus' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 29

1 by Josh5564 »»
4 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta' Receives TV Anime in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 34 minutes ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

25 by katsukidayou »»
1 hour ago

» 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets Third Season

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by KitsuFrost »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.