Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2014 8:45 PM

Apr 2013
Good start to the arc, ED was great
Nov 8, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2010
The short action sequenceshots was pretty nice! Nice to see them owning the cabin again.

The scene in fronthe of Agil xD I felt the "go get a room" vibe!

Learning more about Asuna, being in prospect marriage meetings and just the parties she has to attend also having another account too.

Zekken, a person that is stronger than Kirito??!
Nov 8, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
So a newcomer to ALO is super strong, probably converted from another game. Likely. But then this newcomer also possesses a super OP original sword skill. Kaaaay.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 8, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2014
so next episode they'll show the OP Zekken right?
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 8, 2014 9:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow the whole cabin part felt so nostalgic, reminded me of when I was so excited every week for SAO to come out during the first cour of season 1. Felt like tearing up because the cabin means so much to Asuna. And I think I'll like this arc, at least from reading what people are saying about it.

The ED is really pretty, LiSA should sing more slow/sad songs. I always cry to her version of Ichiban no Takaramono.
Nov 8, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty hyped for this arc. I bet that Zekken is the chick with the purple hair in the op.
Nov 8, 2014 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
That ED was so freaking good! LiSA is bomb
Nov 8, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2014
Looking good so far.

10th Dec gonna be a long wait for the full ED song to be released, but just in time I guess T_T
Nov 8, 2014 10:19 PM

Sep 2014
Finally, it will be Asuna's turn to shine.

And I'm so happy to hear LiSA's song, Shirushi. ;)
Nov 8, 2014 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
And so MR arc begins, i hope A-1 pictures won`t sexualize Yuuki Konno or else!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 8, 2014 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
Yay Courage is still here!
Asuna's time to shine! Next week, Yuuki vs Yuuki!
Nov 9, 2014 12:17 AM

Jul 2013
Zekken..

ED is amazing.
Nov 9, 2014 12:38 AM

May 2013
Watching the new ED make me feel depressed because it foreshadows that something FEEL TRIP will happen soon.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 9, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2014
Great start to the new Story Arc! I was really happy to see Asuna, Kirito and Yui get their home back.

Never read the manga, so I don't know much about this arc, but from the ending I get a really bad feeling something is going to happen involving Asuna and her family stuff.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Nov 9, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2011
I swear whenever i saw any media about SAO this was the arc at least one person always talked about, i know barely any of the shit characters will be around so that's already a good start.

plus LISA never disappoints me
Nov 9, 2014 1:41 AM

Dec 2011
Awww, they're sleeping so comfortably :3

So Agil met his wife in a game eh.

The boss is down and the floor is cleared!

Their house is there doe T.T

Hmmm, so Yui can turn back into her human form now.

Zekken eh... I hope your prepared to be taken down by almighty Kirito :D

So many guys are after Asuna... this means that Kirito can get together with Sinon!

A worthy opponent for Kirito has appeared it would seem... and it seems Kirito already lost... LOL.

Damn, so this Zekken is so strong that the dual wield skill in SAO would've gone to them if they would have been in that game eh.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 9, 2014 1:45 AM
Aug 2014
1/5. Why? Another cliffhanger. I cannot survive a week curious about Zekken. :SS

But its amusing to see Kirito loses. It makes me more curious.

And that last quote.. I kinda don't understand. You could explain what is the meaning.
Nami is the best anime ever
Nov 9, 2014 1:47 AM
Dec 2013
I still like that OP. As an anime only viewer, i thought the episode was just okay, but that last part definitely got me interested. Nice ED.
Nov 9, 2014 1:50 AM

Oct 2013
megabicycle said:
1/5. Why? Another cliffhanger. I cannot survive a week curious about Zekken. :SS

And that last quote.. I kinda don't understand. You could explain what is the meaning.

In death game SAO, Kayaba explained to Kirito that the "Dual Wield" skill would be given by the system to the player with the highest VR reaction time. What Kirito said basically means that Zekken has even faster reaction time than him.

It was also explained the LN that the higher the hit count of an "Original Sword Skill", the faster the creator's reaction time has to be. Kirito himself doesn't even have anything close to 11-hits.
Nov 9, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
that was a slow episode, but im eager to know who is this zekken and that girl in the ending song
Nov 9, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2014
I'm thankful that they left the same opening as in Escalibur arc, it's so good!
Ah, the nostalgia of first season hit me when they bought back their house. I miss those peaceful times (oh irony...) when they'd just be together with Yui in their home, alone and without any worries. Now it's all about Kirito's harem, almost no romance between Kirito and Asuna ><
Nov 9, 2014 3:21 AM

Jan 2014
Rinth said:
megabicycle said:

In death game SAO, Kayaba explained to Kirito that the "Dual Wield" skill would be given by the system to the player with the highest VR reaction time. What Kirito said basically means that Zekken has even faster reaction time than him.

It was also explained the LN that the higher the hit count of an "Original Sword Skill", the faster the creator's reaction time has to be. Kirito himself doesn't even have anything close to 11-hits.

TapuTapuuNov 9, 2014 3:32 AM
Nov 9, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2014
Such a relaxing episode, I really enjoyed it.
Nov 9, 2014 4:52 AM

May 2014
Episode Name: Kirito's Harem dicks around.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Nov 9, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
I got my crate of tissue if anyone wants it, more will be here un twoepisofes time... Because we all will be needing it!!! Waaaaahhhhh/
Nov 9, 2014 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
This is exactly what I want from SAO! I love it. Promising start the Mother's Rosario arc. :3
Nov 9, 2014 6:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
To all the fanbase of SAO, that hasn't read Mother Rosario yet, be very carefull with these forums the next couple of episodes, I predict trolls will be spoiling alot of people.
AND YOU DONT want to get spoilered about Mother Rosario...
Nov 9, 2014 6:58 AM
Apr 2014
Playcool said:
To all the fanbase of SAO, that hasn't read Mother Rosario yet, be very carefull with these forums the next couple of episodes, I predict trolls will be spoiling alot of people.
AND YOU DONT want to get spoilered about Mother Rosario...

Pls.

Don't even enter SAO Facebook page, everyone is spoiling it in the comments, lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Jul 2007
Yep. Avoid spoilers AT ALL COSTS. The revelations are worth it.
Nov 9, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
hopefully this arc isn't as shit as the last 17 episodes
Nov 9, 2014 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
Nice to see Kirito,Asuna and Yui back in their old house. Still surprised to see someone can actually beat Kirito in a duel :o. Relaxing episodes like this are welcome once in a while.
From what I've read in the comments please tell me that I don't need to prepare a bunch of tissues :c .
Nov 9, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
Somehow this episode rekindled my love for SAO. The feels were great and after how rushed Excaliber Arc felt, it was a great change of pace. I just hope that they don't end up rushing the last few episodes. That conversation about Kirito though, phew that was heavy. I agree with the girls though. Definitely looking forward to this Arc and Hopefully a 3rd season to finish things up.
Nov 9, 2014 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
New Aincrad's business model sure is good, making an update right in Christmas Eve, that's genius -.-

Someone better than Kirito appeared? Time to suicide guys.
b1GZZNov 9, 2014 9:58 AM
Nov 9, 2014 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
b1GZZ said:
New Aincrad's business model sure is good, making an update right in Christmas Eve, that's genius -.-

Someone better than Kirito appeared? Time to suicide guys.

Given that they're Japanese, I don't think Christmas is that big a deal to them as it's not a national holiday like it is in the west, though Agil's American which is why he's got a little tree in his cafe.
Nov 9, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
Decent episode. Had a bit of that old SAO magic. Nice to get away from the absolute bore that was the Excalibur mini-arc.
Nov 9, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty interesting,wonder who Zekken is.

Nov 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2011
Saskee said:
Pretty interesting,wonder who Zekken is.

I wonder.....
Nov 9, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
these fools cant even spell paid right
RRRRRRRRRR
Nov 9, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2011
Nearly had to cry when Asuna cried after buying their old house again..

Good thing they switched scenes quick enough..

And Kirito loosing? Well, he brought Zekken to like 30% or less? He aslso wasn't using two swords and did not go all out, as in, life&death situation, so he *could* have won.

Also nice that the girls have a bit more focus this time, especially those girls not named Asuna and Sinon, they usually get the short end, when Kirito steals the spotlight.
Nov 9, 2014 12:52 PM

Mar 2014
Blaah I did manage to spoil a very important part of this arc for myself. Oh well.

It was very nice seeing the cabin again and the romantic moments between Asuna and Kirito. It's been bothering me that those moments have been completely absent this season, even seemed like SinonxKirito at times. The whole harem bit is decent enough, but the girls needs to be reminded sometimes that he's taken :p.

So these moments were already a pretty big tearjerker, especially since I've been rewatching season 1 and playing Hollow Fragment. Also, seeing Asuna being like 'screw healing, im off to kick some ass' like she used to be back in the Knights of Blood was great, she needed to get into the spotlight again. Kirito and Asuna switching and fighting together was very nostalgic.

More feels to come, I reckon. Love the new ending!
Nov 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
A player more op than kirito:o must see;D
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 9, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
Why don't we remake the series from the beginning with the focus on Asuna?

Best idea ever.
Nov 9, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
NwAurion said:

And Kirito loosing? Well, he brought Zekken to like 30% or less? He aslso wasn't using two swords and did not go all out, as in, life&death situation, so he *could* have won.

I think it's better to make this clear: Zekken is stronger than Kirito.
There's no 'If Kirito had done this he might have won' and there's a logical reason behind this which I won't spoil you.

All Zekken used were basic one-hand sword skills while Kirito had everything at his disposal. Would she have used her 11 hits skill, it wouldn't have been unlikely for her to one shot Kirito right off the bat.

Kirito tried to handle two swords but can't do it properly since there is no system assist for nitoryu in ALO because special skills doesn't exist here. Basically even if Kirito tried to use two swords, he'd only get weaker than he is with one because he would have to rely on his own strength instead of the system's.
Nov 9, 2014 1:54 PM
Feb 2014
Shangetsu said:
NwAurion said:

There's no 'If Kirito had done this he might have won' and there's a logical reason behind this which I won't spoil you.

All Zekken used were basic one-hand sword skills while Kirito had everything at his disposal. Would she have used her 11 hits skill, it wouldn't have been unlikely for her to one shot Kirito right off the bat.

Kirito tried to handle two swords but can't do it properly since there is no system assist for nitoryu in ALO because special skills doesn't exist here. Basically even if Kirito tried to use two swords, he'd only get weaker than he is with one because he would have to rely on his own strength instead of the system's.

Well to be fair, Kirito could have won because of the surprise effect of Skill Connect (as in enemy thinks he is now in cooldown phase and attacks only for Kirito activating another skill), but I honestly doubt it ;-)

Zekken is just better at handling a sword in a skill based enviroment and as the end of this episode made clear Zekken also has the better reaction time.
Nov 9, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
this shows increases its
Nov 9, 2014 2:27 PM
Apr 2014
DrArtorius said:
Why don't we remake the series from the beginning with the focus on Asuna?

Best idea ever.

Uhh... Progressive? lol, IIRC, its on Asuna's POV a big part of it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 9, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
MercifulPriest said:
And the best arc of Sword Art Online finally begins =D

Gonna be awesome~ best girl Absolute Sword incoming~

I'm hoping the rest of the arc is better than this episode. It might have been the first SAO episode (in either season) that I didn't enjoy.
Nov 9, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
deadbilly said:
MercifulPriest said:
And the best arc of Sword Art Online finally begins =D

Gonna be awesome~ best girl Absolute Sword incoming~

I'm hoping the rest of the arc is better than this episode. It might have been the first SAO episode (in either season) that I didn't enjoy.

The first half of this episode is actually a short side story that occurred between Caliber SS and Mother's Rosario arc.
Nov 9, 2014 3:54 PM
Mar 2012
Caleb8980 said:
Shangetsu said:

Well to be fair, Kirito could have won because of the surprise effect of Skill Connect (as in enemy thinks he is now in cooldown phase and attacks only for Kirito activating another skill), but I honestly doubt it ;-)

Zekken is just better at handling a sword in a skill based enviroment and as the end of this episode made clear Zekken also has the better reaction time.

Skill Connect doesn't really matter, if Zekken has a faster reaction time then it can be easily countered. Also, referring to the second quote, Kirito is stronger when dual wielding, it's his forte else why would he use it in Caliber? He already developed Original Sword Skills for his previous dual blades ability, Starburst Stream is pretty much the only move he has to do without a system assist.

Zekken clearly beats Kirito in all aspects of fighting. Zekken possesses a one-handed 11-hit original sword skill that she invented herself, Kirito has Starburst Stream which is 16 hits but only because he is dual-wielding, plus the fact that he wasn't the inventor of it. Reaction time is obviously better, and
Nov 9, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2014
Fantastic! I'm impressed to see which now they back to their sweat home in Aincraft at level 22 ;) A new player called by Zekken seems like to strong, even Kirito could won it... I was thinking about Asuna conversation with a boy during her Christmas time, I hope she won't married with anyone who doesn't be Kirito. Anyway now Asuna wants to fight with Zekken to discover what he and Kirito talked about. I'm already exciting with the next episode :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Just finished this season...

Ilhan391 - Oct 1

37 by meixshii »»
Oct 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.