Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 15, 2017 6:36 AM

May 2016
I must say that this is the most well-made recap I've ever watched... and I watched a lot of recaps.

Now, as a more experienced anime watched who had Madoka Magica within his first 20-30 anime, I have observed a lot more details like the fight scenes and got shocked by how amazed I am at this piece of art.

Every character has a flaw, which signifies what humanity they have left. The despair they felt had me depressed ,_,

It's been a few months since I've last listened to Kalafina. They even put in the full version as a bonus~

Aug 2, 2017 9:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, this was such an eye-candy, wonderful and praiseworthy movie! Even after completing the tv series myself sometime earlier, I found this to be more interesting despite almost every scene being redrawn. As such, it felt less like a recap movie.
While watching the show earlier, I found the first half or so of the anime rather boring although the pacing of the show was commendable and fast paced by then already. However, this movie cut all the unnecessary minor bits for the most part while adding more of the additional and vital scenes which covered a few of the inconsistencies and flaws of the tv series. Especially during Sayaka's misfortune storytelling, the movie, in my opinion, did a much better job as they included a couple or so extra scenes which really connected well unlike the tv series which simply showed the aftermath of those events. Skipping Madoka's dream early on was quite the shocker though since I thought that was actually very important but whatever. Moreover, the soundtracks were just sensational as well as the animation so that was great. However, the problem of the highly fast-pace issue remained.
Nonetheless, it was a fantastic movie. Solid 8.8/10...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
Nice movie, liked the pace and some scenes looked definitely better than in the TV version.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2017
Amazing movie just like the original show. The animation was much better and the pacing is very good despite that it just a recap.

It seems that they did not include Mami's backstory and Sayaka and Homura talk. Also, some songs were better placed in the original show like Sayaka vs Elsa Maria but nevermind.

9/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 11, 2019 1:31 PM
Nov 2016
It was an ok movie, just a recap that had new minor stuff added and some stuff cut out, if you're new to Madoka Magica then watch the anime, I think this movie wasn't necessary, it didn't add anything new to the plot and the action scenes felt "rushed", this was never an issue with the anime.

The anime is not perfect either but the anime did a better job than this movie. I'm about to watch the 2nd movie now but since it's going to be the same recap of the anime I won't expect much from it either.

So to summarize, the first 2 movies are ok but you shouldn't bother with it if you already watched the anime, the movie feels rushed because they are trying to cram a lot of episodes into it.
Feb 15, 2019 5:11 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm, basically a giant recap episode... Good after forgetting the anime.
Sep 18, 2019 4:36 AM

Oct 2015
I felt bad for Sayaka after she sacrificed so much Kyousuke, the dude got scooped under her nose by Hitomi. I do not blame her for going dark like that.

Great movie, really enjoyed it! 8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2019 5:56 PM

Feb 2017
Man, in this version, Mami is the worst. She's more of a parasite than Kyubey.
Mar 31, 2020 11:42 PM

Jul 2016
Overall, it was a quite decent recap movie and I appreciate the fact that the art was more polished here but being honest, that improvement didn't make up for the notorious fast pacing.

7/10 - Now let's see how the next movie handles the roller coaster of emotions that was the second half of the anime.
Jul 11, 2020 5:54 AM

Dec 2010
I guess that the changes won't be coming in this(or the next movie), and as someone who didn't know that until later browsing the forums I was banging my head in frustration at watching the characters commit the exact same mistakes. I'm going to give due where it's due though and admit that I loved the extra/revamped scenes with
. I also found the not-so-subtle foreshadows kind of funny. Overall it's a nice experience, although with this kind of stories you can never replace the experience of seeing the revelations for the first time.

Pfhor said:
Really? I was wondering when we are going to see Mami's backstory as I forgot all about it. Is it just me though, I felt a lot less bad about Mami's death this time around? She was putting the girls' lives in danger and pushing them to become Magical Girls after experiencing full well the implications herself. Sure I didn't really want her to die and her death was actually terrible, but man, she sure is the only one to blame about it. After she bound Homura to top it all, I thought that she had it coming.
Jan 26, 2021 5:54 PM

Jan 2020
Good movie. Revisiting some earlier scenes (especially at the start with Sayaka and Madoka) hurt a bit with the context of how everything concludes. It was good for a recap and tbh the recap and the very first-time watching felt like way different experiences cause I was able to pick up on more character work and more hints which I liked

Mar 18, 2022 9:05 AM

May 2020
HOMURA BEST MAGICAL GURL. The last time I watched this is 7 years ago and watch the series. Glad I download the movie series so I can rewatch it. It is really dark show after all.
Apr 24, 2022 2:54 AM

Sep 2018
It's been about three years since I've watched the first movie and even longer since the main series. I never got around to watching the other two movies, which is why I needed this recap. But man, just as good as what I remember, even if it doesn't capture the full magic of the show. 9/10.
Feb 12, 2023 12:13 AM

Mar 2019
I really liked this movie, it was done well I think. I haven't watched the main series in several years so this was a good way to get back into it.
Feb 19, 2023 9:25 PM
Feb 2023
Sinonimo de Obra maestra y plot twist que agrada: Mahou ShouJo Madoka Magica.
Apr 16, 6:43 AM

Apr 2015
Welp, This wasn't honestly worth the watch unless you're rewatching the series I guess.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Are the movies still watchable even for someone who never enjoyed the main series?

TheRailTracerMAL - May 11, 2019

4 by KaeraNyu »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:33 PM

» Are the movies the same as the TV series, are they worth watching?

smooki91 - Jul 25, 2013

8 by DinoPapiro »»
Aug 2, 2021 3:11 AM

» Can i watch without watching the main series

TiagoKobata - Sep 20, 2020

1 by JomyS »»
Sep 20, 2020 4:15 PM

» Movies or TV Show

nicoface - Jul 5, 2016

3 by anayeet »»
Dec 16, 2017 10:53 PM

» Dubs good?

krudtso - Oct 18, 2015

4 by spacebro »»
Nov 10, 2015 6:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.