Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
The drama was so cheesy = =.... sorry SAO but it's a 4/10 for this arc.
Oct 4, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
And so ends the GGO arc. It was pretty good. But still not as good as the first arc. I have a feeling they will really have a tough time topping it.
I almost feel guilty going to play ArcheAge now cause of Shinos little "reality" speech.
OH WELL video games are better then real life! ahaha
Cant wait to see the New OP and ED songs.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 4, 2014 1:32 PM

Apr 2011
Right in the feels..
Oct 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
OMG, loool. They couldn't think of anything better than a conveniently placed electrode?

And then all that drama and philosophizing about what their reality is.

Still interested in seeing what the next two arcs will be about.
Oct 4, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
That was a nice way to wrap up the arc for Sinon. Let's go to the next game.

And yes, that was such a convenient electrode. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
is there going to be another NTR, tentacle rape arc?

this show is way too melodramatic even for my high tolerance levels

Oct 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
so, is the GGO finished? or after this will also in GGO? or they move to ALO?
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Oct 4, 2014 1:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
So far some episodes felt boring, others felt exciting, and a few parts were I was like hmm, not liking the drama. But despite that, I liked the ending to this arc, it was really touching with the mother and her kid. Kirito's friends are very kind, going out of their way to help a girl they don't personally know.

I like the visual for the Mother Rosary arc, it's looks really pretty.
Oct 4, 2014 2:02 PM
Jan 2014
I don't get why but it would only take like a second when kirito introduced sinnon to asuna and said hes her boyfriend vice versa but they didn't do that instead he called her friend, wut T_T.
Oct 4, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
Wow what BS, first of Kirito survives because some random electrode, and then he introduces Asuna as part of his friends.Sigh...despite that tho, last scenes were pretty touching.Sinon deserves some happiness after all she's been through.
Oct 4, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
That was a good ending. Sinon is a good character who had a great character development. can't wait for the next arc
Oct 4, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
OT: I always thought when reading that the GGO arc was better than the First arc, but I think I like the first Arc more still.

iLostReason said:
Wow what BS, first of Kirito survives because some random electrode, and then he introduces Asuna as part of his friends.Sigh...despite that tho, last scenes were pretty touching.Sinon deserves some happiness after all she's been through.

Random? Not really. He was just at the hospital and then came down. Your sense of 'random' is ridiculous.
TyrelOct 4, 2014 2:09 PM
Oct 4, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
how bad can the writing get? this is copy/paste of season 1.. awful.
Oct 4, 2014 2:09 PM
Oct 2012
Tyrel said:
iLostReason said:

Random? Not really. He was just at the hospital and then came down. Your sense of 'random' is ridiculous.

Not only that but they have been shown in each episode for the past 3 episodes. So not only is his "sense" off, but his "definition" is also deficient.
Oct 4, 2014 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrel said:
OT: I always thought when reading that the GGO arc was better than the First arc, but I think I like the first Arc more still.

iLostReason said:

I don't know if it was random, but it indeed was stupid. Of all the things that would have happened, he gets saved by a freaking electrode.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 4, 2014 2:18 PM
Apr 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
Tyrel said:

I don't know if it was random, but it indeed was stupid. Of all the things that would have happened, he gets saved by a freaking electrode.

Welcome to anime.

What would have you liked? he being saved by his phone while Yui was there? :DDD

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
That electrode... talk about plot armor.
Asuna doesn't address their relationship? Sinon doesn't notice their dating, like in the LN? Wut? Is this a harem, or is Kirito clearly attached to one?
Asada doesn't see Kyouji, just mentions she will?
Sigh... why do/don't they do these things...
Shouichi was actually pretty smexy. He could easily attract a harem.
Waifu_LaifuOct 4, 2014 2:41 PM
Oct 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
Mmm that heart monitor on a tiny part of his chest stops the syringe. The plot armor is real.

Sinon's confrontation with the bullies was a little absurd, she could have gotten them in a whole lot of trouble because (real or not) they pointed a gun at her. But I suppose that scene was there for the purpose of showing character development.

Similarly, the info dump afterwards would have been better spread out across the episode rather than Kirito delivering it all in 2 min, since that was a bit hard for me to follow. Up until now Death Gun has still been pretty mysterious, so I'm glad they just went and told us who he is made of and where he came from.

And of course, like everybody else, I was waiting for Sinon to find out Kirito and Asuna's relationship, but he conveniently left it out of conversation. You could see Asuna and Lizbeth angry for a second when they see him bringing in another girl, but this is anime—+1 harem.
Oct 4, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
I can't be the only one upset that Kirito forgot to mention in his introduction for Asuna that she is his girlfriend and technical WIFE?
Club Aerosol
Oct 4, 2014 2:33 PM
Apr 2014
xxdeathx said:
And of course, like everybody else, I was waiting for Sinon to find out Kirito and Asuna's relationship, but he conveniently left it out of conversation. You could see Asuna and Lizbeth angry for a second when they see him bringing in another girl, but this is anime—+1 harem.

Actually, Sinon notices Kirito and Asuna's relationship, it was not shown or anything, but in the LN she noticed that they were dating, I was pretty surprised they didn't explain that but that A1 for you.

Oct 4, 2014 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
Nevermind Sinon, bring us Yuuki already.
Oct 4, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
I agree with the guy who mentioned A-1 needs to reboot season 1 with Progression, which I found the manga better than the original one.

Oct 4, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Bullies always getting away without paying shit, cliche.

Plot armor.

A bunch of boring talking.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Oct 4, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
Tyrel said:
iLostReason said:

Ugh yeah, i guess i used wrong words there, i didn't meant that electrode itself was random (because it obviously wasn't), but that randomly placed electrode was in the exact same miraculous spot that Shinakawa or whatever his name was, injected drug to Kirito.
incompleteAEGISOct 4, 2014 2:49 PM
Oct 4, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
Surprisingly decent ending to this arc, given the last couple of terrible episodes. Hopefully, Sinon won't need to be saved from Kirito anymore.

Also, Sinon standing up to her bullies was a good thing, too. Gotta love how over-dramatic and psychopathic those group of girls are. Pulling a gun on her...christ.

And were they trying to make us sympathize with Kyouji and his brother? Because lol. Dude got pissed off that some guy screwed him over, and takes his revenge(that's understandable, sure). But why go after other people?
Oct 4, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2014
SAO harem gives Sinon therapy, hooray
Oct 4, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
I like how Kirito deliberately avoided introducing Asuna as his girlfriend.
Oct 4, 2014 2:58 PM
Dec 2010
Too bad second season isn't even half as good as the first one... quite a disappointment
Oct 4, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
Sinon needs to meet the rest of Kirito's harem. Looks like we have the Caliber arc next and then Mother Rosario after.
Zanos1Oct 4, 2014 3:20 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 4, 2014 3:05 PM
Aug 2012
Just... boring... lots and lots of episodes of nothing but talking.

really missing a lot of the elements that made sao awesome.
Oct 4, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this arc overall, I mean there were a few things I was little meh about e.g. Kirito conveniently being able to still use a sword effectively in a shooter + the unessacary fan service. But the switch to a game revolving around guns was a good change of pace.

Last episode really got my heart going, having not read the light novel it was completely unexecpted; when Kirito burst throught the door apwijdaowidjawdiuh

Would have liked to see him kick the little shit's ass but happy with how it turned out

And ugh that introduction tho, I was half expecting him to kiss the ground that she walked on while he introduced her, considering him and Asada practically spooned in that cave -.-
Oct 4, 2014 3:12 PM
Apr 2014
Novalogic said:
Too bad second season isn't even half as good as the first one... quite a disappointment

lulwat

Oct 4, 2014 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
The end of this arc. Nice. Asada-san got over it, I guess :)
Oct 4, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode. Just don't understand why Kirito didn't introduce Asuna properly. Right now it seems like a move for some potential cheap drama, but hopefully they don't go that route.

I loved Asada standing up to the bullies, and the closure for her story (as far as the bank thing)
Oct 4, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2014
So apparently Kirito doesn't feel it's neccessary to be like "oh, this is my girlfriend Asuna." I'm not sure how to feel.

Oct 4, 2014 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
HotNoob said:
Just... boring... lots and lots of episodes of nothing but talking.

really missing a lot of the elements that made sao awesome.

SAO was never awesome, except in first and second episode. After that, it all went to shit. Oh, and episode 6 (I think), that solo boss battle. And first fight with Kayaba. Fuck it, as far as fights go, SAO (Not ALO) was awesome.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 4, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
2 things.
Why didn't Kirito introduce Asuna as his girlfriend. I was waiting for that so Asada wouldn't have to get her hopes up.
Also extremely luck of him to have that electrode on and in the exact right place. Realistically it's slightly dome shaped and not made of hard plastic or metal. The needle would have slid off of it and punctured the skin.

Great ending to the arc though
Oct 4, 2014 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
*Looks at Asuna* "These are my firends from SAO" well played Kirito
Pretty sure ce called Asuna his friend so he could lure Sinon further into his harem

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Oct 4, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
I found this episode very touching and beautiful! <3

Not only Shino overcame her fear,but she also learned about the lives she saved.I waited for a long time to see this scene animated,and it didn`t dissapoint me al all. :)

I also loved how Sinon let her gun go at the end,as a symbol of her getting stronger,and beating her fear! Also,that smile at the end was just..! <3
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Oct 4, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Sachi's mother confirmed
Oct 4, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2014
Is the next arc really back in alo??
Oct 4, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
Sachi's mother confirmed
Oct 4, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode. Nice to see that Sinon has overcome her fears.
Oct 4, 2014 3:44 PM

Sep 2013
D'awwwww

I bet these next episode are going to be booooorring
Oct 4, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
Well I suppose the not introducing Asuna properly thing could be that they didn't want to put in any of the romance drama right before the emotional scene that comes. If that is the case I can accept it... I really hope it is... because Asuna is the best
Oct 4, 2014 4:10 PM
Aug 2013
That was sweet, I almost cried.
Anyways, I'm actually not looking forward to the other half of the season, I just wish I could have all of underworld animated. x.x
Oct 4, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like it was Sinon that saved Kirito in the end.
Nice to see that Sinon got to meet Asuna and the others from SAO.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 4, 2014 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
Touching ending to the arc. What's next?

Oct 4, 2014 4:22 PM
Oct 2014
Piss poor writing with the electrode that just happened to block the needle, terrible terrible execution w/ the bully scene, early 00's cliches like the fangirls asking if that's Sinon's boyfriend. So sad to see the cool vrmmo concept squandered on this sophomoric mess.
Oct 4, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2008
Not a bad episode to wrap up this arc. Loved how Kirito just flinches from Liz's punch to make her fall...that was like an in-your-face palm stack lol...

Funny how most who complained about pacing for this arc being too slow are most likely the same people who think first season was too fast....and whether that electrode was plot armor or not does not make the story go bad. Considering how pretty much a fair few anime in the last few years have used the same concept(eg. Akame ga Kill with tatsumi's mini-totem)

anyways can't wait for next arc
ScryptOct 4, 2014 4:29 PM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.