Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (22) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2014 4:00 PM
Aug 2014
At this moment, Aldnoah Zero has tons of wasted potential. Hope it gets back on the horse next season...
Sep 29, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
Huge_Ero said:
WillyL said:

wat

Stein's gate could have been good if it stuck with the first half instead of boring drama.
I feel the opposite way. The first half was quite insufferable to me but the second half did largely make up for it.
Sep 29, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Mahouka Koukou, the setting and world are great but imo its really let down by the characters...if only it had a better MC.

Zankyou no Terror is another one that needed to get rid of useless characters...
RihanMSep 29, 2014 5:46 PM
Sep 29, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2014
rihan1 said:
Mahouka Koukou, the setting and world are great but imo its really let down by the characters...if only it had a better MC.

define better MC. Godsuya is perfect in all aspects. I agree with the rest of the characters being a huge letdown.
Sep 29, 2014 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
Okashi--chan said:
rihan1 said:

define better MC. Godsuya is perfect in all aspects. I agree with the rest of the characters being a huge letdown.

That's exactly why he sucked. Emotionless, stoic and flawless from the beginning to the end...whats interesting about that? Because of that there was a complete lack of tension throughout the show. He never showed any signs of struggle, had zero character development, and its hard to say he even had a "character" .

I mean, I like OP MC's but Tatusya was just too much. It doesn't help that everyone else was sucking his dick either. Brb as well as being a student he's the world's greatest engineer, can preform complex magical calculations in milliseconds and can solve pretty much any problem on a whim. None of that makes him a good character. Tatsuya sucks
Sep 29, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2014
- Angel Beats
- Zankyou no terror (even though it was still good, but could have been the best)
- SAO
- Kokoro Connnect
Sep 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Feb 2013
The more I think about Zankyou no Terror, the worse it gets
Sep 29, 2014 7:46 PM
Sep 2014
Mahouka. Interesting setting but turn out to be worst anime I've seen.

At first,I thought it's interesting seeing a MC that is not weak and pathetic but later on,it's getting old and bore me.
CR7RonaldoSep 29, 2014 7:51 PM
Sep 29, 2014 8:51 PM

Apr 2012
crosx said:
Zankyou no terror. The first expisode was 8.5/10 but the rest...

This. After the motorcycle scene I was convinced it was AOTS, but it turned to crap in later episodes.
Sep 29, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
Machination said:
- Kokoro Connnect

Definitely not. It started out with no potential at all and got a whole lot better.
Sep 29, 2014 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
Angel Beats. I've said this a gazillion (more like 5) times, they should of made more episodes.

I believe that they tried to fit too much in 13 episodes. It actually didn't do that bad of a job but I still think it could been a whole lot better.
Sep 30, 2014 12:42 AM

Jun 2014
AllvnWalker said:
Death note for obvious reasons

actually even Tsugumi Ōba and Takeshi Obata agree with you.. they hinted that on bakuman
BadiamigoSep 30, 2014 12:45 AM
Sep 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
sim0n2170 said:

Glasslip

Glasslip never had any potential to begin with. It was doomed from the beginning.

Another: Because the plot was nice but the characters made me cringe.
Kyoukai no Kanata: It started out with an interesting plot and so-so characters, but I have no idea what happened in the last couple of episodes. Also why did they put in a filler??
Log Horizon: Once again, I liked the plot but the stupidity of the characters made it a drag to watch.
Pupa: I don't know what I expected but it sure as hell wasn't this.
Sep 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
You guys.. don't turn this into a listing thread. State reasons please.
Sep 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
rothrock said:
You guy.. don't turn this into a listing thread. State reasons please.
wtf is wrong with mal and listing

sheesh its a forum
Sep 30, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
I just watched Mars of Destruction... god.

Though it cannot be listed in the series with the wasted potential because it hadn't even the slightiest potential. Shit was utter horribad
Sep 30, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
Moodie said:
rothrock said:
You guys.. don't turn this into a listing thread. State reasons please.
wtf is wrong with mal and listing

sheesh its a forum

Hey I'm just giving a heads up.. don't want this to get locked. Too many listing threads gone already.
Sep 30, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
-Klad- said:

Though it cannot be listed in the series with the wasted potential because it hadn't even the slightiest potential. Shit was utter horribad

My opinion: Mars of Destruction > Voices of a Distant Star

Got more meat on its bones. Throw the other one back in the water
Sep 30, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
Piegoose said:
-Klad- said:

I haven't watched the other one you listed but to in my opinion no anime can come close to MoD's awfulness
Sep 30, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
-Klad- said:
Piegoose said:

I haven't watched the other one you listed but to in my opinion no anime can come close to MoD's awfulness

The other one is a one-man created anime that is highly acclaimed. But there comes a time when something is bad in a way that gives it some enjoyment value. I think Mars barely hit that, which gives it at least something to take out of it. It's also short which saved it from being even more of a disaster.
Sep 30, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2014
Kyousou Giga (TV)- Ep.1 introduced this interesting family, and the supernatural setting. Also had colorful art and good animation. But then they decided to focus on a random girl who solved her problems by beating them with her toy hammer... and that's who were supposed to sympathize with.
Sep 30, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
Insouciance said:
Kyousou Giga (TV)- Ep.1 introduced this interesting family, and the supernatural setting. Also had colorful art and good animation. But then they decided to focus on a random girl who solved her problems by beating them with her toy hammer... and that's who were supposed to sympathize with.

I don't think you got the message of the story...

xRatatosk said:
KHR

It started out as a gag manga/anime, how does that have potential?

Marep said:
Another: Because the plot was nice but the characters made me cringe.
Kyoukai no Kanata: It started out with an interesting plot and so-so characters, but I have no idea what happened in the last couple of episodes. Also why did they put in a filler??
Log Horizon: Once again, I liked the plot but the stupidity of the characters made it a drag to watch.
Pupa: I don't know what I expected but it sure as hell wasn't this.

+9999. Especially KnK. Seriously, the PV made it look like the next Shinsekai Yori. LH was too...Soft, I guess?
Sep 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
Because it could of started as an actual shounen that went somewhere, or it could of been funny.

Sep 30, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
hybreezy said:
Near did nothing wrong
Near didn't do anything at all other than watching TV and playing with toys while Light was ruining everything he himself had built.
Sep 30, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
xRatatosk said:
Because it could of started as an actual shounen that went somewhere, or it could of been funny.

The comedy is pretty much subjective, so other people who liked it probably thought it was funny.
Sep 30, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
xRatatosk said:

The comedy is pretty much subjective, so other people who liked it probably thought it was funny.

So what? This whole topic is subjective.
Sep 30, 2014 3:23 PM
Aug 2011
Insouciance said:

A random girl? But the rest of the series goes on to tell you why this girl is not just a "random girl".
I'm just going to assume you didn't watch the rest of it and added it to your completed list by mistake.

mayukachan said:
xRatatosk said:
KHR

you're implying that gag anime doesn't have potential and that is fucking ridiculous
standSep 30, 2014 3:27 PM
Sep 30, 2014 3:24 PM
Jul 2013
Madoka Magica. It's just a show about little girls with no depth. Could've been better I say.
Sep 30, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
xRatatosk said:
mayukachan said:

Everything's subjective but "not being funny" is really up to the individual watcher. Something like "Oh this show could have been better if the plot went this way" is a legitimate reason but the thing with KHR, was that it never had potential until later on when it switched over to a different genre.

And hey I haven't even watched most of it. Just stating what other people've said.
Sep 30, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
xRatatosk said:

Everything's subjective but "not being funny" is really up to the individual watcher. Something like "Oh this show could have been better if the plot went this way" is a legitimate reason but the thing with KHR, was that it never had potential until later on when it switched over to a different genre.

And hey I haven't even watched most of it. Just stating what other people've said.

Well yeah, I agree I guess. I was mainly talking about the Shounen part because the Anime dropped the Gag Act at 20 Episodes.
Sep 30, 2014 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

I haven't even watched the anime entirely myself yet, but I will still mention it because it's obvious. The original visual novel series is a fucking masterpiece, so the potential is huge. But based on what others have written about the anime adaptation and the few snippets I've seen of it myself... they didn't come close.

I mean, if you go for the anime, you won't even get the whole story as it is now. There are eight main arcs in Umineko, and the one and only anime season of it covers the first four. No more. So you get HALF the story. I'm sure there's a few people at least who doesn't know better and simply doesn't realise that there's much more to it than what you get in the anime. I feel bad for them.
Sep 30, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
mayukachan said:

you're implying that gag anime doesn't have potential and that is fucking ridiculous

nooo im not omg
i was assuming the person who voted for KHR was saying that it got worse or had potential as a battle shounen when it's not supposed to be
Sep 30, 2014 4:55 PM
Dec 2013
xRatatosk said:
mayukachan said:

Well yeah, I agree I guess. I was mainly talking about the Shounen part because the Anime dropped the Gag Act at 20 Episodes.

Yet once again, it became a gag anime from episodes 27-33, before switching back to a battle shounen at episode 34.
wildhoodSep 30, 2014 6:28 PM
Sep 30, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
gedata said:
keragamming said:

Agree, the anime took out a few things, but that's understandable since those scenes are really disturbing.

All I remember them removing is Esdeath's torture lesson

They removed some scenes and the fighting scenes are horrible (IMO anyway)

Edit: Not that this is poor adaptation but I expected more from White Fox. i just cannot find the same enjoyment as when I read through manga (maybe because I already knew everything?)
ZeafSep 30, 2014 5:54 PM
Sep 30, 2014 5:41 PM

Mar 2014
parfaited said:
Insouciance said:

A random girl? But the rest of the series goes on to tell you why this girl is not just a "random girl".
I'm just going to assume you didn't watch the rest of it and added it to your completed list by mistake.
Sorry I was being a little hyperbolic. I guess I thought "why would they commit the entire 1st episode to this family, only to turn the focus to this girl." I couldn't take anything anyone did seriously because the next scene would be Koto and her 2 ghost buds doing some comedy routine. My expectations were betrayed! :(
Oct 6, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2014
GANTZ: Cool concepts and setup ruined by borderline retarded characters, ungodly pacing, abysmal CG and an ending that leaves much to be desired
Take care of yourself

Oct 6, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
Durarara. Why people like that show is so beyond me. I can understand crap like SAO being liked because that's wish fulfillment power fantasy, but Durarara is just straight up wasted potential. Stylish, but still pretty damn boring.
Oct 6, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Tokyo Ghoul - so much potential, but it fell short after a few episodes. Last episode was great though!
Danganronpa - video game was GREAT, but couldn't fit well into 11 or 12 -ish eps, got confusing quickly
Oct 7, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
Cipiox said:
Danganronpa - video game was GREAT, but couldn't fit well into 11 or 12 -ish eps, got confusing quickly

This :/ Now I can't play the first game because I'm spoiled lol
Oct 7, 2014 9:05 AM

Oct 2008
Miraclezify said:
Durarara. Why people like that show is so beyond me. I can understand crap like SAO being liked because that's wish fulfillment power fantasy, but Durarara is just straight up wasted potential. Stylish, but still pretty damn boring.

Thank you.How it gets so much recognition and now hype with the upcoming S2 just completely baffles me.

Now obviously expectations were very high after Baccano!,but Durarara just failed at encapsulating that eccentric characters mixed with creative action scenes that made Baccano! work (not to mention the nonlinear storytelling).It just really enjoyed waiting your time especially with those 3 "main" high school brats,they get so much screen time (because we want to make them important to the plot hurr-durr). All the interesting characters barely appeared or did anything throughout.
Oct 7, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I agree with DRRR!! too. I just hope the second season focuses on different characters (Shizuo and Celty pls) and not on our generic main trio.
Oct 8, 2014 6:19 AM

Feb 2010
EdenB said:
Did u guys ever watch an anime that starts as a really great one, but then it starts to let you down ?

Well my friend you just described Bleach in one sentence. Up to ep 51 it was as awesome as it get, great story, good concept, cool music and after that just downhill.

Well SAO did the same mistake. As soon as i red the description i thought to myself "damn that must be fricking amazing" before i was let down by stupid characters, fanservice, harem route and crappy fighting animation.
Oct 13, 2014 4:36 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
Yeah, I agree with DRRR!! too. I just hope the second season focuses on different characters (Shizuo and Celty pls) and not on our generic main trio.

Finally, someone who recognizes how awesome Celty is.
Oct 13, 2014 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
WillyL said:
Angel Beats (too short)

This, but not because of the length. It just focused too much on the comedy for my liking. The final episode was what I expected from the majority of the show. Oh well, it still managed to give me feels.
Oct 13, 2014 6:12 PM

Oct 2012
Guilty Crown-

Amazing OST
Great Story
Refreshing characters
Beautiful romance

Yet the MC gets punished REALLY bad for saving the world. FUCK that.
Oct 13, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2014
Deadman Wonderland. It was a great show up until the end, very disappointing. And the manga is so good, too.
Oct 14, 2014 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Sword Art Online - I have no idea how they made the first few episodes so good and then rushed it like maniacs. That had so much potential.

I'll expand and say that many shows had good concepts and poor execution (Angel Beats is one, in my opinion) - but SAO stands out as it was actually a good show after the wasted potential, making me think they could easily make it a 10/10 if they didn't rush it. I've yet to watch season 2 so can't say much about that.
Oct 14, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
leftycool said:
crappy fighting animation.

Are you talking about the fights or the animation,cuz i'm sure the 3 things sao did right were the premise (and first few episodes),animation and OST
Oct 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2014
Pokémon.

If they based it on the games or one of the Manga Series it would of been great.

But noooo we have to target children.....
Pages (22) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How Saint-like is your waifu?

SgtBateMan - 5 hours ago

14 by ST63LTH »»
1 minute ago

» Do you think Anime haters are just as bad/or worse than the bad part of the anime community?

Tsubaki5386 - Yesterday

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Your "ZA COOLEST" Character

Lion_Sin - 4 hours ago

9 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are there so few if any space sci-fi isekai ?

tchitchouan - Jun 27

24 by ST63LTH »»
5 minutes ago

» What you like to see in fight scenes

Kenzolo-folk - Jun 27

30 by ST63LTH »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.