Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2014 4:21 PM
May 2014
And so.. One of my favorties just ended. Masterpiece. Just a Masterpiece. What else to say? 10/10 Thank you so much Madhouse and the staff that worked on HxH as well as Togashi. HxH will be remembered as one of the best if not the best anime of all time. Goodbye Hunter x Hunter.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Sep 23, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2014
Time to finish all the anime I have on hold and start watching YYH and Attack on Titan!

CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Sep 23, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
And so ends my favorite anime series. It was a good ride, thanks Togashi. I will definitely miss this anime. 10/10
Sep 23, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2007
RagingMan said:
Damn, i'm gonna miss this. If only Togashi wasn't a lazy bastard...

9/10

So Togashi is lazy for having serious back issues?
Sep 23, 2014 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
That giant ass bird at the top of the world tree had a Orca in its mouth rofl. Great end to a great series. I will miss this ride every Tuesday. 10/10 Series and hopefully Togashi can get off his ass and make more chapters.
Sep 23, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
This anime deserves tears in the end for being so good, I will miss this so much :(

sheidesu said:
So Ging wanted to be an astronaut... LOL

Anyway, AT LEAST THERE'S NO "Owari" or "End" at the end of the episode. Does it mean they're going to come back? :"> I NEED THEM TO COME BACK T.T

Of course there isn't, HunterxHunter anime will only end cuz the story is too close to the manga's story, if there was more chapters then it would have continued. When HunterxHunter gets 100 or 200 more chapters I bet there'll be a new season but we might have to wait like 3 or 4 years for that to happen, that is if there aren't any hiatus.
Sep 23, 2014 4:32 PM
May 2014
All i wanted to say 10/10... see you next time Gon ;_;
Sep 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2013
What a great 3 years it has been. I remember doubting if the new adaption could even match the 1999 series that I loved so much, but it did far more than that, it set the standard for the whole shounen genre, and earned a much-deserved spot in my favourites.

Thank you Madhouse for choosing to reboot Hunter x Hunter, and giving it the justice it deserves. I just hope that when season 2 comes out (whenever that is) that Madhouse will be the one to adapt it once again and make another masterpiece.

I will definitely miss this anime, thank you Togashi, and get better soon.

10/10
NetherrSep 23, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 23, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
10/10 enough said.
Claude_KennySep 23, 2014 4:40 PM
Keep moving forward
Sep 23, 2014 4:39 PM
Oct 2012
GenT-san said:
10/10 enough said.
Sep 23, 2014 4:42 PM
Nov 2008
Champloo_Remix said:

Kurapika, Leorio, possibly Hisoka need expansion and closure as characters imo. Gon and Killua are at a good point where if they wanted to call it quits like they did it could still feel like a just place to stick a fork in their characters.

And in fact, for what we know Leorio and Kurapica are the dominant characters in the next arc, with another duo ( won't spoil who )

There wasn't a single page dedicated to Killua per example because now there is no need for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the DC arc Leorio and Kurapica get as much, if no more screen as Killua and Gon in the CA arc.
Sep 23, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Te last episode gave me the feeling of the first episode, a journey. That's how I got to live this series and the atmosphere of it.
10/10

People who might want to start with the manga might have a hard time comprehending that much exposition every chapter from the next arc.
Sep 23, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
god, marking this show as completed... it hurts so bad. seriously, i feel like a member of my family just died. this show will always have a place in my heart. what an amazing ride though. I'm glad i got to experience this much of it at least.
Sep 23, 2014 4:53 PM

May 2013
What a beautiful episode to end an amazing series.

The montage of scenes that summarized the whole anime in the early minutes of the episode was great, and in general Gon's entire climb was awesome stuff. I really like how the anime did justice for the sheer scale of the tree, and how much thought Togashi put into the details of how the tourism surrounding the tree worked and how the tree itself was full of life. Small touches like that went a long way to making the climb interesting to watch. The completely relaxed pacing throughout really created a fantastic atmosphere and seemed a fitting way to close off a series that became so intense and huge in its later stages.

Gon's conversation with Ging was the highlight of the episode, of course. It was just two family members catching up with each other, but considering who was involved and that this was the achievement of Gon's 148-episode quest, it was naturally intriguing. I like the small touch of Gon always calling Ging by his name, not 'dad.' Why should he? Ging was never a father to him. He's just a relative, albeit an important one. But still, I feel that we got a lot of insight into Ging's personality here, and it drove home that he may be a terrible dad, but he's in no way a bad person. What he was sharing with Gon here was basically what he'd learned from life, the realization he'd arrived at through his experiences.

Basically, Ging really does journey a lot and do so much because he wants to have fun. Ir runs deeper than that, though, as Ging craves to live life to the fullest by forming meaningful relationships, by seeing new places, by enjoying the small things in life. He sets goals for himself not because he's actually concerned with reaching them, but because he wants to enjoy the pleasures and experiences he'll have on the way. It's the answer that Gon set out to seek: What was so great about being a Hunter that Ging would leave his son behind to be it?

"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things that are more important than what you want."

This was it. It doesn't justify Ging's actions, but it does make them understandable. And as it turns out, they weren't really pathetic or despicable at all. Ging wanted to live his life...and as this episode implies, he wished the same for his son. He left Gon a goal, didn't he? "Find me if you can." And Gon set out to achieve that goal, and along the way, he made new friends, had new adventures, and went on many, many detours that both taught him much and brought to him to the lowest depths of despair. In the end, Gon emerged stronger for it, but also much changed. He'd come of age, after a long, incredible journey, just like Ging. It's not a coincidence that Gon found Ging right after the events of Chimera Ant. It was in that arc that he finally lost his innocence, finally transitioned to adulthood, the climax of his character arc. That arc had been running parallel to Gon's mission to find his dad, and the two conclude close together.

It really completes the parallels between Gon and Ging. Father and son, both with very similar experiences. And in the end, we realize that Ging was actually trying to teach Gon something, teach him and show what he'd realized through his own experiences. It's a beautiful message, and one that applies to the show as a whole so well. Isn't that what HunterxHunter was? The vast majority of it had nothing to do with Gon finding his dad. I'd heard complaints about this aspect of the story, and have pointed out in the past that it's plain that the destination is not what matters in this show; it's the journey. That is more important than what the end goal. The Hunter Exam, Killua's rescue, Heaven's Arena, Yorkshin, Greed Island, Chimera Ant....all detours, but ultimately what the series was actually about. Those 'detours' WERE the story. They were what mattered, and they are where Gon formed meaningful relationships with each other and developed as a person.

And Ging's statement is very meta in how it applies to Togashi's writing as well. It feels like he's speaking directly to the audience with Ging. Here, when Ging is finally found (and I really feel that he is based off of Togashi, down to the obsession with games), he reveals why he writes the way he does. It's a consistent aspect of Togashi's writing in HxH, bar Greed Island, that every arc ends on an anti-climax. It's such a consistent pattern that it's obviously deliberate. Also, Togashi had a tendency to focus on side characters that seemingly had nothing to do with anything, especially in Chimera Ant? Why? Because to Togashi, the end doesn't really matter. It's the trip there that is what he cares about, and the lives and personalities of his characters, no matter how minor, are worth exploring, because they are really what the story is about. People wanted epic climaxes, lightning quick storytelling...but what Togashi is saying here is: what happens along the way is ultimately more important than what you want, i.e. big explosive climax.

Saying that a lot of HxH is filler is meaningless. That IS the show. All those detours, all those minor characters, all those small details; THEY are what this show is about. That Ging's lesson to Gon ties in thematically with the very structure of the show is a stroke of genius, a move of utter brilliance. And in the end, we see a montage of some of the most beloved people we've met over the series, the ones the show was about. In addition to all that, we end with the reveal that there lies a greater and bigger world beyond what we'd seen thus far, an adventure waiting to be written and experienced. That's how we began the series, with a whole, unexplored world before us. And fittingly, it is also how we end it. It's a breathtakingly poetic way to end a truly incredible series.

A masterpiece, 10/10 overall. Thank you Togashi and Madhouse for such a spectacular series, a stunning example of the kind of quality anime should strive for. I'm going to miss the anime, and I hope Togashi gets better and gets back to the universe which, despite his hiatuses, he clearly loves.

So long, HunterxHunter.
MrAMSep 23, 2014 4:57 PM
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Sep 23, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2011
Greatest anime after One Piece

Best anime adaptation I've ever seen
Sep 23, 2014 5:09 PM
Apr 2012
Since 02-OCT-2011 until today 24-AUG-2014, i went through a lot.

I was a young boy who just finished highschool with a lot to go through in front of him, in this period, i lived in different countries and I've met different people, saw the highest of being happy and the deep despair, learnt a lot walked and slept a lot too, I've seen and enjoyed new great things.

But one thing didn't change, one thing was always my favorite and i'm really thankful for my life for i was able to live with it and enjoy it, hunter x hunter that is.

I guess what Ging said is actually very realistic;
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, Because that's where you'll find the things that are more important than what you want"
Indeed, the things that I've planed to do and the places I've planed to visit were never about the final result, because most of the time it was granted, It was more about the journey to there and the unexpected Awesome things that can happen, Those are the things the i cherish most.

until now i'm still struggling to get somewhere, to change and do good to this world, do good to me myself and the people important to me, so I'm always looking for something, never satisfied, always hungry for more knowledge, more experience.

"What is the thing that you want?
it is the thing that i can't see now."

Thank you Togashi, Thank you Madhouse.
Eternally Grateful.
Sep 23, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
It's been a pleasure watching HxH gentlemen, see you in 10+ years or so.
Sep 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2007
So they finally finished hxh. Nice conclusion, i am glad they choose to end it at chapter 339, it just would of felt weird otherwise. Also i appreciate the fact they did not ommit the small little references to the ouside world. It was a very fitting end to an amazing series.

Its a shame this is the end, Togashi probably had just a ton of stuff planned to really extend the story and world building of Hunter X Hunter. It kind of gives you the sense that this is only "The beginning of the end" so to speak.

Anyways a phenomenal show, one of the best adaptations of the one the greatest manga authors in the manga industry. I hope he gets over his illness or "stops being lazy" what ever the case may be so he can continue this amazing work.

10/10

Sep 23, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
Well, all good things must come to an end. Thank you Madhouse for making the best adaptation of a Shonen Jump manga I ever seen. An easy 10/10 in my book.

Ugh Togashi, why must you be such an awesome storyteller, but have the absolute worst work-ethic ever?

Somebody get Nanika to heal his backpain! We need him back NOW!
Sep 23, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2014
thanks to Madhouse and Togashi :(
i'm missing the show already :(
and i think watching next arcs will be with my future kids x.x =(
aah my heart really hurts , weekly -reality escaping-mood- for three years is now gone =(
Sep 23, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2014
And that is au revoir to HxH. It was a great run, but they just had to show me my Kurapika at the end. Kurapika spin-off pls.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 23, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2010
FUCK LYF! Who's down to die with this anime right now? Gimme a holler
Sep 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
My favourite anime of all time, going to miss my Hunter x Hunter Wednesday (Australia).

10/10
Sep 23, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2010
This was a spectacular ride! Sad to see it end here for a while ;_;

Those birds ^^ They also listened to Ging.
Talking about exploring and wanting to see the things that isn't normally seen!
Enjoyed the Ging and Gon moments.

Kurapika having gathered all those eyes!
Can't estimate when would HxH get enough materials to get another adaption again :/
Sep 23, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
you should enjoy the hiatuses to the fullest because that is where you will find the things more important than what you want
Sep 23, 2014 5:55 PM
Aug 2014
Really does feel like the end of an era </3
Sep 23, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
Anybody else a little bummed considering how much of a sendoff this episode was that we didn't see a little appearance by Hisoka and Illumi in that end bit?
Sep 23, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2014
On a whole 9/10,
would be 10/10 if they showed more Kurapika after the Phantom Troupe arc.

A lot of people complaining about the Chimera Ant arc - personally the length of it did not bother me one bit. I mean.. if you can get through the Frieza saga in DBZ then you pretty much have patience for anything!
Sep 23, 2014 6:06 PM

May 2013
I cried. What a great show. I'm always hesitant to rate anything after having only just seen it, but this is an exception. I think I can say with confidence is probably my overall favorite anime; I've never loved something quite so much as I do this series.

Thank you so much, to everyone involved.
Sep 23, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
Fuck Hiatus x Hiatus. The author will probably die before he'll even reach the half way point.
Sep 23, 2014 6:21 PM
Oct 2008
Hard to believe its been 3 almost years since this started and every-time it aired it surprised me with how well it adapted the source. Definitely one of the best manga-to-anime adaptations I've ever seen
Sep 23, 2014 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
See you guys in 20 years for Hunter x Hunter 2034

j0x said:
you should enjoy the hiatuses to the fullest because that is where you will find the things more important than what you want

Such a beautiful and relevant quote. Ging, is that you?
Sep 23, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2013
Anon1409 said:
Fuck Hiatus x Hiatus. The author will probably die before he'll even reach the half way point.

Welcome to being a Berserk fan.
Sep 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2011
Sigh..I don't even know what to say...there goes another long ongoing amazing anime. They need to start releasing more long animes like these, we're really running out.
Sep 23, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Champloo_Remix said:
Anybody else a little bummed considering how much of a sendoff this episode was that we didn't see a little appearance by Hisoka and Illumi in that end bit?

I was so sad about it, though, if Hisoka had made an appearance I would have drowned in my own tears... T_T
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2013
Sad to see it end. HxH has been more than just a weekly anime to me.
9/10 overall. Awesome fights and storyline
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
amazing!!!!and the OuTsiDE world god damn that tree is just a baby
Cty Best mid
Sep 23, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2013
It's been an amazing adventure. Hopefully we can meet again in the future, Hunter X Hunter.
Sep 23, 2014 6:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great ending. I still have the manga, but after that, hello hiatus... fck!!!
Sep 23, 2014 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
Talk about a cliffhanger! That Meruem and Komugi shot though...

Well, this is pretty much going to be me waiting for the series to come back.
Sep 23, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
That Kurapika tease..

This would have gotten me to read the manga asap.

kurapika looks bad ass. more bad ass than killua
Cty Best mid
Sep 23, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
This void will never leave me Hunter x Hunter is irreplaceble truly a masterpiece to me a solid 10/10 no if ands or buts. Thank you for all the fun Hxh I will surely miss you.

Sep 23, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
gings quoute = togashis goal i believe he just enjoys the detours. perhaps he enjoys it too much
Cty Best mid
Sep 23, 2014 7:27 PM

Nov 2013
Aww and it ends. You will be missed HxH

Sep 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Dec 2012
When the song played I got so emotional watching those scenes.
OMG Kurapika the badass has retrieved some Kurta clan eyes.
So that wasn't Gotoh?! That was a bit underwhelming... :/
Ging is awesome.
Obvious 10/10
Albi-kunSep 23, 2014 7:34 PM
Sep 23, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 2014
Will miss this so much in the coming Tuesdays. Really good shounen. Words can't express my love for this series.
Sep 23, 2014 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, 146 episodes were all a detour for this moment :O but Gon found things far more important than this moment while on his journey :( "cries" 10/10
Sep 23, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
So deus ex Alluka, just because? That's disappointing.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 23, 2014 7:48 PM

Feb 2014
This has been a great Run I am sad that the anime has come to a close. Thete needs to be more ungoing anime like this where can truly enjoy. Hunter X Hunter anime you will be missed.
Sep 23, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
Amazing anime, was a 10/10, but the chimera arc brought it down to a 9. If Togashi didn't take so many hiatus due to "back pain" in other words playing Dragon Quest, we would not have this show come to an end. kurapika in the end credits looks so badass, I really want to know whats up with him now, but the manga is currently on another Hiatus, lol.....
Regardless, this was very enjoyable to watch
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Yesterday, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
Sep 22, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

329 by Ravin-AnimeList »»
Sep 17, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.