Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 8:56 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, that was some romantic bomb defusing!
Sep 13, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2014
BurntJelly said:
Wow, that was some romantic bomb defusing!

I hope my lover will be able to bomb defuse like that someday *sigh
Sep 14, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2013
Man sucks for Nine. Betrayed by literally his only friend.
Sep 14, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2012
Dat betrayer.

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 14, 2014 2:41 AM

Apr 2014
I really thought this show was going to be good. The very first episode set everything up so well. This show had so much potential, like many others this season, and, like many others this season, has fallen from grace pretty fast.

(REDACTED CAUSE I NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION)

And if there is one thing that has disappointed me, but I guess you could say, isn't necessarily crucial, is the fact there has not been ONE, SINGLE, DEATH. When I think of terrorism, I think that most certainly, people will be killed. And yet, here we are, 9 episodes through, and not a single death. I understand terrorism is to, well, invoke terror into your targets, but I really did go into this expecting people to die.
BullSmitSep 14, 2014 2:41 PM
Nop.
Sep 14, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
Once again Lisa is proven to be retarded, oh leave me behind twelve while we're all the way up on a ferris wheel thats about to blow up. . .

must have been caused by the pocky she dumped in the curry
Sep 14, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
Terminaato said:

But if you look back on the other episodes with kid-Nine, this kid just looks like him.

Plot twist: that's actually Lisa.

But nah, I think the whole theory is way too farfetched to be true.

Thanx for the effort in debunking.I knew we could compare with previous episode but I got lazy.

Gotta agree that should be nine, but I am honestly surprise. In episode 9, people "recognise" that face I posted as lisa, yet in all previous flashback young nine doesn't give off that lisa vibe.

Take the fence pic for eg, it was a frontal pic, yet I doubt anyone will feel that pic has "lisa" face.
Sep 14, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2014
I have kind of mixed feelings. On one hand, Lisa and Twelve are cute I guess - but I don't see them together romantically, I knew that Five would find out about the bomb somehow but I never would have guessed it would be because of a girl. Somehow, I find it a bit cliché and frustrating, after all Nine and Twelve went through.. But I guess I'll have to deal with it - all Lisa is atm is a plot device to move things along other than that - she has no presence or point imo.
A part of me wishes they made Twelve "crack" by other means - a girl is just... anti-climatic. And in the most predictable and overdone way too!
Sep 14, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2014
Awesome episode. Awesome anime.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 14, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2011
Shibazaki is like the #1 of this show, that dialogue was intensive!
I still don't get Five, I expect to get some logic soon because right now she's just bullshitting everyone.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 14, 2014 11:42 AM
Oct 2012
BullSmit said:
I really thought this show was going to be good. The very first episode set everything up so well. This show had so much potential, like many others this season, and, like many others this season, has fallen from grace pretty fast.

Five is such a pointless villain. I was, as many I'm sure, interested to see her introduced to the show. She has severely disappointed. Sadistic, playing around with lives and trying to have fun toying with Nine and Twelve for reasons we haven't even been given the slightest clue for (My guess would be because they abandoned her?). This episode at the end she actually focused on the main objective which was getting that nuclear device. So for once, she actually did her job. Good for her.

The one thing I'm still eagerly waiting for, however, and I really would hope we'd get to learn about, is why Five, Nine, and Twelve are all doing what they are doing. We've yet to be given any insight, other then the fact they've been held up in a facility for the younger days of their lives. While the first thing that comes to mind is revenge, I really don't see how that'd tie up properly with them bombing certain locations (or attempting to).

And if there is one thing that has disappointed me, but I guess you could say, isn't necessarily crucial, is the fact there has not been ONE, SINGLE, DEATH. When I think of terrorism, I think that most certainly, people will be killed. And yet, here we are, 9 episodes through, and not a single death. I understand terrorism is to, well, invoke terror into your targets, but I really did go into this expecting people to die.

You must have not been paying much attention. Have you seen Episode Five? Or breezed by and not paid attention?

The bombings they've made were in specific locations on selected politicians who were involved in the Rising Peace Academy. They searched to have a Detective(Shibazaki) solve their mysteries and uncover the controversial topic such as child experiments to light. A human being would not disclose these information and feel obligated to release to the public on the disgusting nature.

What was Five's Goal? To take the bomb back. By extreme measures.

Look at it from this angle, in episode 7, she got Lisa caught on a plane with a bomb. To disarm it, Nine and Twelve would have been forced to give themselves in to not blow up a airport or evacuate the airport themselves and have Lisa died. And they'd still be blamed, a lose lose situation

Five didn't planned to have Shibazaki interfere and the look on her face screamed outright anger, ruining her plans. It was effective because it was extreme and Nine and Twelve would have given themselves up to avoid casualties. The bomb as real to show she wasn't playing around.

And why did she has such free reign?

The USA knows about the child experiment. They are using it as blackmail against the country but the actions are becoming more dire. Then there's the fact you have the USA knowing the bomb wasn't plutonium and really a prototype atomic bomb. These news could make Japan be labeled as an abomination not only from the public but also other countries and are trying to avoid a world wide crisis. Added with Five a personal experiment herself, they would have destroyed Japan.

It's all in the lines, or was it too hard to think for yourself and need the information spoon fed? This isn't to be taken hate but the answers are coming with every episode passing by.

As for no deaths, Sphinx made sure to minimize injuries and still spread fear to the public. They weren't wishing to kill anyone.
Sep 14, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2012
BRK25 said:
BullSmit said:

Five is such a pointless villain. I was, as many I'm sure, interested to see her introduced to the show. She has severely disappointed. Sadistic, playing around with lives and trying to have fun toying with Nine and Twelve for reasons we haven't even been given the slightest clue for (My guess would be because they abandoned her?). This episode at the end she actually focused on the main objective which was getting that nuclear device. So for once, she actually did her job. Good for her.

The one thing I'm still eagerly waiting for, however, and I really would hope we'd get to learn about, is why Five, Nine, and Twelve are all doing what they are doing. We've yet to be given any insight, other then the fact they've been held up in a facility for the younger days of their lives. While the first thing that comes to mind is revenge, I really don't see how that'd tie up properly with them bombing certain locations (or attempting to).

You must have not been paying much attention. Have you seen Episode Five? Or breezed by and not paid attention?

The bombings they've made were in specific locations on selected politicians who were involved in the Rising Peace Academy. They searched to have a Detective(Shibazaki) solve their mysteries and uncover the controversial topic such as child experiments to light. A human being would not disclose these information and feel obligated to release to the public on the disgusting nature.

Look at it from this angle, in episode 7, she got Lisa caught on a plane with a bomb. To disarm it, Nine and Twelve would have been forced to give themselves in to not blow up a airport or evacuate the airport themselves and have Lisa died. And they'd still be blamed, a lose lose situation

Five didn't planned to have Shibazaki interfere and the look on her face screamed outright anger, ruining her plans. It was effective because it was extreme and Nine and Twelve would have given themselves up to avoid casualties. The bomb as real to show she wasn't playing around.

The USA knows about the child experiment. They are using it as blackmail against the country but the actions are becoming more dire. Then there's the fact you have the USA knowing the bomb wasn't plutonium and really a prototype atomic bomb. These news could make Japan be labeled as an abomination not only from the public but also other countries and are trying to avoid a world wide crisis. Added with Five a personal experiment herself, they would have destroyed Japan.

It's all in the lines, or was it too hard to think for yourself and need the information spoon fed? This isn't to be taken hate but the answers are coming with every episode passing by.

As for no deaths, Sphinx made sure to minimize injuries and still spread fear to the public. They weren't wishing to kill anyone.

Well, his username explains it all.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 14, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck, that was stressing. But the music was so intoxicating, felt like a trance.

Poor Twelve, betrayed an old friend for a girl he shouldn't have implicated in the first place. It was also oddly romantic, the whole ferris wheel ambiance with their life on the line.

The doctor said that they didn't had much time to live, that the subject body would deteriorate. That must be why Five fainted.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 14, 2014 12:47 PM
Sep 2014
Shirubaasouru said:
BRK25 said:

Well, his username explains it all.

You're retarded lol
Sep 14, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
Finally an excellent episode again. I didn't like the turn the story took since 5's introduction, but I feel like if the last remaining 2 episodes are as strong as this one (and have such a great ost, too), then it will still have been a great ride in the end.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 14, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
Shirubaasouru said:

I can't believe I missed that. No, I don't take it as hate, because I obviously didn't pay attention to the one episode that probably served a lot of importance to the plot going forward. My bad. I feel like watching things weekly, I forget a few points here and there, and this one was pretty critical.

Sorry to make you spoon-feed me, haha.
Nop.
Sep 14, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
geralt said:
Finally an excellent episode again. I didn't like the turn the story took since 5's introduction, but I feel like if the last remaining 2 episodes are as strong as this one (and have such a great ost, too), then it will still have been a great ride in the end.

My thoughts exactly. Let's hope it can keep this up.
Sep 14, 2014 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
I guess this was the reason why Five was in such a haste. I wonder, whether the nuke will actually be detonated, whether it really is Chekhov's gun or not...
Sep 14, 2014 3:54 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode, I was wondering why 12 was cutting the wires after removing the c4 blocks, why he didn't remove as many blocks as he could (leave a few) and cut the vest then run away with the remaining 3 minutes. The theme park was empty...

Anyhow, really enjoyed, I hope it continues this way, ti will be a strong finish.

Chiyousagi said:
Terminaato said:

But if you look back on the other episodes with kid-Nine, this kid just looks like him.

Plot twist: that's actually Lisa.

But nah, I think the whole theory is way too farfetched to be true.

Thanx for the effort in debunking.I knew we could compare with previous episode but I got lazy.

Gotta agree that should be nine, but I am honestly surprise. In episode 9, people "recognise" that face I posted as lisa, yet in all previous flashback young nine doesn't give off that lisa vibe.

Take the fence pic for eg, it was a frontal pic, yet I doubt anyone will feel that pic has "lisa" face.

That's what I thought the 1st time we got the flashbacks, it doesn't make sense though.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 14, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode...
I had to watch the ferris wheel scene with that particular soundtrack twice. Incredibly beautiful. It was done very tenderly, and wasn't "in your face" with the emotional stuff, which I appreciated.

So Twelve really does love Lisa, not much doubt about that now. Uwaaaa, it's so wonderful :') I'm so in love with Twelve.
This show finally became masterpiece-like again, which it lost episode 4-ish.
fishergirl16Sep 14, 2014 4:13 PM
Sep 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that was intense. I was honestly expecting Lisa or 12 to die there, and then 9 to go on a rampage with the nuke.

so 5 had some kind of breakdown there, from what that CEO that Shibazaki interviewed said, I'm foreshadowing that after the experimental drug treatments that the kids don't have long to live. I assume the drug has been slowly killing their bodies and 5 was just showing the symptoms there. By the end it'll probably effect all three of them.
Sep 14, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2012
BeatzMe said:
geralt said:

My thoughts exactly. Let's hope it can keep this up.

I'm not sure what anime you guys have been watching but the series didn't have any real substance beyond mindless terrorism until the introduction of Five. And, the only other psychological conflict was with detective Shibazaki; whom might I add we still don't understand why he has all of the answers and intelligence that he does.

If you can't tell already this series has Death Note-esque mind games. Without an intelligence as high or higher than Nine and Twelve's to intervene with their plans this series would be rather easy going for a psychological terrorist series don't you think?

It's like if L Lawliet never existed in Death Note.. then Light Yagami would have no rival and there would be nothing to see.

If you watch a psychological series you should view it as such or you'll never wrap your head around the execution. I know what I signed up for personally and I'm enjoying every episode; especially those that came after the introduction of the character Five.

Also, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it to 'keep this up,' whatever you may mean by that. There are only two more episodes left to air and although I'm sure they will be thrilling to some extent I have a feeling you've already witnessed the most climactic scenes.

The odds are if you weren't pleased with the entire series before this episode then you won't be pleased with the rest.
BayrockSep 14, 2014 6:53 PM
Sep 14, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2014
Cue the epic soundtrack in this episode! God, that was beautiful.
Sep 14, 2014 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
I like Lisa cause she's kinda cute... but telling Twelve to leave her when they're on the top of a ferris wheel?

also, 2 episodes left and Five not dead yet.. If this show ends with her happily rejoining with her old friends (just because friendship is magic) I'm gonna give this show 1/10, I swear.
Sep 14, 2014 8:26 PM

Nov 2012
That OST really ruined the whole episode for me. Pretty fine otherwise.
Sep 14, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2013
For a show that didn't really strive to make one emotionally attached to the characters, I'm quite surprised that this episode worked pretty well emotionally. I might like Zankyou no Terror more than I thought, heh. Still, already ranked around #130? That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated. Watanabe's a great director but a show shouldn't get such high ratings based mostly on that(and you that's true for probably 50% viewers).

I know that's just me grasping at straws, but just felt like saying it anyway.
ManlyTearSep 14, 2014 9:20 PM
Sep 14, 2014 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
This show is doing wonderful things to my brain. The complexity, suspense, gravity; love it. Can't wait until next ep. Though I like it as a series, I could see the whole shebang as movie.

I'm giving it a 10 probably and not because of the director
kelkenSep 14, 2014 11:42 PM
Sep 15, 2014 3:04 AM

May 2012
aiyuu said:
I have kind of mixed feelings. On one hand, Lisa and Twelve are cute I guess - but I don't see them together romantically, I knew that Five would find out about the bomb somehow but I never would have guessed it would be because of a girl. Somehow, I find it a bit cliché and frustrating, after all Nine and Twelve went through.. But I guess I'll have to deal with it - all Lisa is atm is a plot device to move things along other than that - she has no presence or point imo.
A part of me wishes they made Twelve "crack" by other means - a girl is just... anti-climatic. And in the most predictable and overdone way too!

It has nothing to do with romance.. Twelve clearly states that it "wasn't Lisa's fault," and that it was "his fault for talking to her in the first place." Twelve feels responsible not only for ruining the Sphinx operation but also for Lisa's life.

I think it's safe to say that Twelve reacted out of responsibility rather than love. It's not like he confessed his love to Lisa (yet); only his frustration with himself. Maybe there are more feelings than portrayed beneath his exterior but they haven't been expressed yet.

why-so-qwerty said:
I like Lisa cause she's kinda cute... but telling Twelve to leave her when they're on the top of a ferris wheel?

also, 2 episodes left and Five not dead yet.. If this show ends with her happily rejoining with her old friends (just because friendship is magic) I'm gonna give this show 1/10, I swear.

I kind of understand your point about telling Twelve to leave whilst they're on a ferris wheel.. although I'm sure with the complexity of the series thus far they could have found a way to circumvent that.

I don't understand what you're saying about Five at all however. For one if Five were dead there would be absolutely no antagonist capable of stopping Sphinx resulting in an anticlimactic ending of terrorism. And secondly, I have no clue what 'old friends' you think Five will be reunited with seeing as she was born in the facility with Nine and Twelve, and they're the only surviving children..
BayrockSep 15, 2014 3:16 AM
Sep 15, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2011
During the bomb disarming scene my heart was beating so fast. I actually did int know it could beat that fast without me dieing. Great episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2011
Ah, so Nine is not going to do anything about Lisa being kidnapped eh... such a tsundere...

Shibazaki and Hamura learned a hell of a lot of important things from that Aoki guy about the Athena plan.

Ah, so both Nine and Twelve are around the age of 17 eh.

Damn, there's a bombed strapped om Lisa T.T

I really hope Twelve can disarm those bombs...

I guess that was a love confession :3

Oh, so they actually stole the prototype of an atomic bomb lol.

It would seem Nine anticipated that they would eventually come for the bomb so he went to secure it.

I'm wondering what is actually wrong with Five hmmmm...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 15, 2014 1:05 PM
Jan 2014
I loved how they made the bomb disarming scene. Seemingly tenseless and on the other hand it had such a huge impact ^^ Well, since Nine is a traitor I acutally hope for some kind of confrontation between him and Twelve in the next 2 episodes.
Sep 15, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
Bayrock said:
I don't understand what you're saying about Five at all however. For one if Five were dead there would be absolutely no antagonist capable of stopping Sphinx resulting in an anticlimactic ending of terrorism. And secondly, I have no clue what 'old friends' you think Five will be reunited with seeing as she was born in the facility with Nine and Twelve, and they're the only surviving children..

Five is the one that ruined this show, so what I'm saying is a mere wish she would disappear asap. I'm also pretty sure the anime makers could come up with a better antagonist, cause Five is the worst nightmare in terms of character design.
And by 'old friends' ofc I meant Twelve and Nine cause it seems like the only motivation for whatever crap Five is doing is to rejoin with Nine. I'm afraid she's just butthurt about them leaving her alone.
Let's see how it goes though.
Sep 15, 2014 6:41 PM
Oct 2012
why-so-qwerty said:
Bayrock said:

Five is the one that ruined this show, so what I'm saying is a mere wish she would disappear asap. I'm also pretty sure the anime makers could come up with a better antagonist, cause Five is the worst nightmare in terms of character design.
And by 'old friends' ofc I meant Twelve and Nine cause it seems like the only motivation for whatever crap Five is doing is to rejoin with Nine. I'm afraid she's just butthurt about them leaving her alone.
Let's see how it goes though.

How is five a horrible character design?

She's the only taking things to the extreme to get things done. All Shibazaki can do is stop bombs via riddles.

What she's doing is stopping the formula and palying the humane weakness to Nine and Twelve. She got power simply cause of two things.

1. She's a spokesperson to Japan when the idea on behind doors child experimentation was given and can easily use that as Blackmail, the USA is using it for leverage.

2. The USA knows Japan is wielding an atomic bomb and thus does not want the public to realize what they've been doing or else even further backlash. They're using the inside knowledge given to be handed free will. However, they'd put that to shit if more incidents like the airport comes.

She has power and will use it to the highest point. If Shibazaki had not interfere during the airport mission, Nine and Twelve would have lost and she'd torture the two into handing the position o the bomb. The bomb was real, but she could disconnect and make sure it does not go off. However, the quick thinking saved their asses

You expect people to play by the law when these Terrorists are acting very extreme? She's causing tension and she's doing a great job on it.

She wishes to meet nine to torment him some more like in episode five when he's running away in terror.

NOW HERE'S MY BREAKING POINT

I do not WANT a happy ending. Maybe a bittersweet/melancholic episode but if Five does live and goes on with Nine and Twelve with no harm done, I'll flip MyAnimeList and tore it up.

However, the tone and director behind this work has shown character deaths to not be an issue and will do so if it shall create a massive impact.

I'm expecting all the kids to die and Lisa to make a leap for herself, show she's not stuck in the first perspective like she had before.
Sep 15, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2008
Five looks like she won't last till the end of the series, guessed the drug had some side effects. It looks like Nine is on his own for now unless if Twelve regroup with him later on with Lisa. Based on all the info. we got so far, it looks like Five will be joined by both Nine and Twelve in the afterlife which will leave lisa alone :(
Sep 16, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
so the test subject kids will die young anyway? according to Aoki...
Sep 16, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
Five collapsed ?! So that's why the old guy said "They won't live long". Maybe those experimental drugs have side effects which cause brain disease.
Sep 16, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
Always-Hungry said:
Five collapsed ?! So that's why the old guy said "They won't live long". Maybe those experimental drugs have side effects which cause brain disease.

Here's photos of episode nine, small tidbits.
Sep 16, 2014 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
^+1

First pic might be Dr. Mamiya.
Shibazaki looks like a bum -> just shows how much this case took out of him.
Five looks like she's pretty worn out (we've never seen before such a resigned look on her)
Nine looks either 1) pissed that 12 betrayed him, or 2) unshaken even after being caught by the government.

All the pics seem to have a greyish tint, implying that the episode may be tackling gray morality. I'm guessing Five won't be portrayed as a psychotic killer anymore, whereas Nine will seem more like the psychotic one this episode.

Also, the wrinkles have always been there, but the wrinkles seem more defined in these pics than ever before. All of them are slowly reaching their limits and it'll be interesting to see if anyone actually breaks down.

Two more days!!
Sep 16, 2014 5:25 PM
Oct 2012
There's no preview and maybe that's the breaking point, no more can be brought. Surprisingly, I've watched a video describing anime and the producers.

MAppa was created after the head director or producer was disgusted by needing to make adaptions and first thing he did was work with Watanabe, the same man he worked with since Cowboy Bebop invention. He openly gave Watanae the budget an said spend it, even if it is lottery/hollywood budget by anime standards.

I do hope the last two episodes get far more personal and things become darker. I don't like the grey clouds around Five. This doesn't look good. I'm expecting something along these lines.

I expect bad things, very bad things.
Sep 16, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
There's no preview and maybe that's the breaking point, no more can be brought. Surprisingly, I've watched a video describing anime and the producers.

MAppa was created after the head director or producer was disgusted by needing to make adaptions and first thing he did was work with Watanabe, the same man he worked with since Cowboy Bebop invention. He openly gave Watanae the budget an said spend it, even if it is lottery/hollywood budget by anime standards.

I do hope the last two episodes get far more personal and things become darker. I don't like the grey clouds around Five.

Lol indeed in terms of art and animation ZnT trumps the competition. Now I see why MAPPA has two new original series upcoming in the fall, although they both look subpar as of now.

Yeah I really hope the show ends well, and I don't necessarily mean a happy ending. I'm prepared for whatever Watanabe has in store for the ending, so I'm just eagerly waiting for the finale to come.

LEEEEEEEEERROOOYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEENNKINNSSSSS~~~~~!!!!!!!
Sep 16, 2014 5:42 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

I do hope the last two episodes get far more personal and things become darker. I don't like the grey clouds around Five.

Lol indeed in terms of art and animation ZnT trumps the competition. Now I see why MAPPA has two new original series upcoming in the fall, although they both look subpar as of now.

Yeah I really hope the show ends well, and I don't necessarily mean a happy ending. I'm prepared for whatever Watanabe has in store for the ending, so I'm just eagerly waiting for the finale to come.

LEEEEEEEEERROOOYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEENNKINNSSSSS~~~~~!!!!!!!

yeah, two more days, let's see.
BRK25Sep 16, 2014 5:49 PM
Sep 16, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
WATANABE......WHAT ARE YOU DOING

it seems as if with each new project his maturity lessens. This show has played out like a soap opera, especially that laughably over dramatic scene in the ferris wheel.
The voice acting is wildly inconsistent, the exposition clunky, and Lisa's character should not exist in the first place.
Sep 16, 2014 8:30 PM
Oct 2012
BigSimo said:

it seems as if with each new project his maturity lessens. This show has played out like a soap opera, especially that laughably over dramatic scene in the ferris wheel.
The voice acting is wildly inconsistent, the exposition clunky, and Lisa's character should not exist in the first place.

Another one. I don't care, just rate it a one if its so trashy or unrealistic with flaws cause you seem hell bent on nitpicking the milliseconds going on of pictures moving together. Rather than take holism where you see how everything makes up the picture, we must deconstruct the things building the scene and blow it the fuck up.
Sep 16, 2014 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
BRK25 said:
BigSimo said:

Another one. I don't care, just rate it a one if its so trashy or unrealistic with flaws cause you seem hell bent on nitpicking the milliseconds going on of pictures moving together. Rather than take holism where you see how everything makes up the picture, we must deconstruct the things building the scene and blow it the fuck up.

umm....what?
just because i have only said bad things about it does not mean i think it is the worst thing ever - i'd take this over crap like tokyo ghoul and akame ga kill any day.

my criticism of the show is fairly standard, and certainly not nitpicking. i said the show has played out like a soap opera (i meant to add: "in the past couple episodes") and then i provided an example of why i feel this way.
my other criticisms are generalized, which is the complete opposite of nitpicking.

rather than attacking ME for criticizing the show, show some maturity (heh) and respond to my complaints. i feel my issues with the show are valid and i have the right to express my feelings toward this show, or any show, whether positive or negative - wouldn't you agree?
Sep 16, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
BigSimo said:

rather than attacking ME for criticizing the show, show some maturity (heh) and respond to my complaints. i feel my issues with the show are valid and i have the right to express my feelings toward this show, or any show, whether positive or negative - wouldn't you agree?

You're right in that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, you shouldn't expect a respectful response, especially from fans, if many of your criticisms are vague and unsupported. When you responded to BRK25, you should have made the "mature" choice and elaborated more upon why you feel as you do, instead of trying to call out BRK25 for being a little mean. And when I say "elaborate," I mean like an essay or something, not a couple of sentences. If you're not willing to put in that much effort to back your opinions, then of course fans won't treat you nicely or respectfully.

I'd be more than willing to address your complaints, but I just don't have anything to work with because as of two posts, you haven't raised one valid criticism:
1) Watanabe's getting less mature with each new project? What were his previous projects besides Cowboy Bebop, and why do you say he's getting less and less mature? I'd say ZnT is one of his more serious works after working on a lot of random shows, but I need you to tell me otherwise with evidence of his past projects.

2) "Soap opera" is a silly hyperbole to describe the ferris wheel scene. There was nothing overdone about the scene itself, since the emotions exhibited by the characters were not overly dramatic in any way. I don't know what your definition of "overly dramatic" is, but the conversation that went back and forth between Lisa and 12 was calm, soft, and low-spirited. If the ferris wheel scene as a WHOLE seemed overly dramatic, then you're really criticizing Five as a character because that's just how she does things, if you haven't noticed already with her grandiose airport chess plan.

3) "Voice acting is wildly inconsistent." I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that they switched voice actors every other episode. No, but really, what were you trying to say here?

4) "Exposition clunky." It's not "clunky" as it is problematic to some viewers. The exposition is done so that it tells the viewers everything about the show without necessarily spoon feeding the info to the audience. You don't really see characters talking to themselves about how they, for example, outwitted an opponent or how they did what they did. Viewers have to really pay attention to figure out a lot of the details for this show, so if that's not your strong point then steer clear of ZnT, seriously (not trying to be mean). I can accept the criticism that this style of exposition falls into the trap of not telling enough important information until the end, but I can't accept the criticism that it's "clunky." If you're talking about how the storytelling is "clunky," then I'd also have to disagree because the storytelling has been relatively smooth. The only thing that may make the storytelling "clunky" would be plot holes, and ZnT barely has any besides the plot holes from the airport chess episodes.

5) "Lisa's character should not exist in the first place." This criticism is just unfair when you haven't even finished the series. She exists for a reason, and some people are smart enough to theorize why she is one of the main protagonists, instead of complaining about her existence like you. The exact reason she's existing is not given YET, but she 1) is a realistic representation of a commoner among terrorists, and 2) she serves to humanize 9 and 12, who have been deprived of human interactions since they were children. Although she might be a bit useless to the story as of now since she does nothing but get in trouble, she has given viewers more than enough reason to at least "exist" in this show.
pakokoSep 16, 2014 11:55 PM
Sep 17, 2014 2:28 AM
Jul 2012
The preview for episode 10's out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFS1u0rfGnk&list=UUO8okJvgXmbmyJTkUMWvURg

The look on Twelve's face at 0.11-012 reminded me of how creepy he'd seemed in the early episodes. And, seriously... did Nine just surrender himself to the police?
Sep 17, 2014 2:55 AM

Nov 2009
Damn, defenders of the show become more aggressive with each day. Apparently civilized conversations impossible around here. If guy didn't wrote a friggin' essay on subject = he has no right to write about what frustrated him at all. But if, god forbid, he wrote something less than an article in a scientific magazine he should be treated like crap. You guys are awesome, no, seriously.

Sep 17, 2014 3:41 AM
Oct 2012
MajorZero said:
Damn, defenders of the show become more aggressive with each day. Apparently civilized conversations impossible around here. If guy didn't wrote a friggin' essay on subject = he has no right to write about what frustrated him at all. But if, god forbid, he wrote something less than an article in a scientific magazine he should be treated like crap. You guys are awesome, no, seriously.

Think of it as this.

The show sucks teehee.

Um....what? You'd get dismissed when you mix in with the haters. I love to argue with those that bring up points but when they write a show off in five seconds as a soap opera without elaborating, I WILL WRITE YOU OFF.

Criticism is fine, flaming is not if no effort is placed in support.
Sep 17, 2014 4:11 AM

Nov 2009
BRK25 said:
Think of it as this.

The show sucks teehee.

Um....what? You'd get dismissed when you mix in with the haters. I love to argue with those that bring up points but when they write a show off in five seconds as a soap opera without elaborating, I WILL WRITE YOU OFF.

Criticism is fine, flaming is not if no effort is placed in support.

He doesn't need to elaborate anything, it's his subjective opinion on shows quality, if people can't deal with it it's just shows either their own insecurity or age. Now, if he'd wrote something among the lines "I know better!!1 Y'all retarded!!!" I would understand this kind of reaction.

Sep 17, 2014 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
MajorZero said:

He doesn't need to elaborate anything, it's his subjective opinion on shows quality, if people can't deal with it it's just shows either their own insecurity or age. Now, if he'd wrote something among the lines "I know better!!1 Y'all retarded!!!" I would understand this kind of reaction.

That's why I said everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Everyone can say whatever they want about the show and I respect them. I have been accepting negative opinions and moving on, but you just happened to have caught me responding to one in awhile. But even if I did respond,

1) Why does any of this matter to you?
2) How did you find any aggressiveness in my retort? Sure I was a bit blunt here and there, but BigSimo wanted someone to address his concerns and I did. If you actually paid attention, you would have realized that I told him that he has a right to say whatever, I just needed a little more than a couple sentences (an essay can be less than a page). So I told him to elaborate on some of the points he made if he wants me to address his complaints seriously. If I myself hadn't responded by elaborating on which points I wanted explored more, would he take me seriously? No. He would just write me off as some blind defender of the show who can't accept negative opinions. And that wouldn't be fair for me because I don't consider myself a butthurt fanboy.

Before you start getting offended for others and dismissing me as some guy who can't deal with other people's opinions, why don't you acknowledge that I was at least being "civilized" in my retort? That's another thing, too. How do you define a "civilized conversation?" I'd imagine being as reasonable as possible without letting your own personal feelings get in the way too much is what results in a civilized conversation. You're obviously not going to carry out a civilized conversation with someone who just lets their personal feelings get in the way and lashes out at a show. That's why I tend to avoid those people because I just can't imagine having a civilized conversation with those types of haters. I get it, they can say whatever they want, but don't expect me to waste my time trying to tell them otherwise. I'll just accept that people can have different opinions and move on. You just caught me doing it in awhile and I see that the response I get is from a guy who gets offended for others and calls me out on something I haven't necessarily done.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

873 by linzblue »»
May 30, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

544 by Yushh »»
May 20, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

420 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 19, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.