Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
Nope, this princess isn't dead yet.
Not, unless I ser her holding the handgun.

Or maybe the OP is just decieving us.
Aug 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
Hooray! Fan-service scene in the showe-! Wait.. What?

I actually didn't see that coming that quick. I figured Rayet would be the one to act violently torwards the Princess on the ship, but I thought it'd take a lot longer to boil over.

I don't mind Rayet for what she did, either. She acted when her mind was scrambling and didn't have full control of herself as her thoughts of her father dying consumed her. I mean, she's in the shower, I imagine that's where a lot of people think very critically at times. Add to the fact she was overly pissed that the Princess was acting all calm and collected, even though "her people" were killing Terran's left and right, her reason for doing so does make sense.

People will hate Rayet for what she did, regardless of if the Princess is dead or not (Likely not), but I can understand.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
I'm currently in shock with what just happened. Though it kinda felt stupid how she just died like that. I have no idea where the show is going from here. 4/5
Aug 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2008
BullSmit said:

I actually didn't see that coming that quick. I figured Rayet would be the one to act violently torwards the Princess on the ship, but I thought it'd take a lot longer to boil over.

I don't mind Rayet for what she did, either. She acted when her mind was scrambling and didn't have full control of herself as her thoughts of her father dying consumed her. I mean, she's in the shower, I imagine that's where a lot of people think very critically at times. Add to the fact she was overly pissed that the Princess was acting all calm and collected, even though "her people" were killing Terran's left and right, her reason for doing so does make sense.

People will hate Rayet for what she did, regardless of if the Princess is dead or not (Likely not), but I can understand.

Rayet does not care about terrans. All she cares about is revenge for her dad and his friends for apparently succeeding their assassination and getting wiped out to cover it up only to then learn the target was alive and kicking making their death pointless. Rayet is not altruistic to give a fuck about the rest of terra.
Aug 30, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2008
juliusqin said:
what the dif with emotionless with not show much of emotion?
is not about emotion, but with see inaho style i dont think he will do that. that why i mention "inaho"

Lol, Inaho Style...How old are you?

What's the differences with "Not having money" and "Not showing the money that you have"

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 30, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
BullSmit said:

Don't worry In the end she will either die or be forgiven. Usually betrayers are redeemed in end of most animes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Rayet does not care about terrans. All she cares about is revenge for her dad and his friends for apparently succeeding their assassination and getting wiped out to cover it up only to then learn the target was alive and kicking making their death pointless. Rayet is not altruistic to give a fuck about the rest of terra.

True, you're right. I totally blanked out and forgot about that.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:11 PM
Apr 2014
I think I just died. The roller is too much for me. From "HAHAHA! CLOUD 9 FACE, THAT'S HILARIOUS!" to "Oh. My. Fucking. God. Did that just happen? Please tell me that didn't just happen?". I'll eagerly wait for the next episodes. 10/10 Mr. Butcher.
Aug 30, 2014 6:13 PM
Aug 2014
Rayet, you dumbfuck...
Aug 30, 2014 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
Rather interesting feeling to be shocked while having an erection
Aug 30, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2013
ColdXClue said:
My God, I can't believe all you guys who have to ask "Is she dead?" ofcourse fucking not how naive can you be, is this your first Anime?
IKR!!
"Burn the heretics"
Aug 30, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
Toaki90 said:
ColdXClue said:
My God, I can't believe all you guys who have to ask "Is she dead?" ofcourse fucking not how naive can you be, is this your first Anime?
IKR!!

But it would be much more interesting if she was dead. Would be extremely interesting to not go with the norm and just kill off one of the MC's.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
BullSmit said:
Toaki90 said:
IKR!!

But it would be much more interesting if she was dead. Would be extremely interesting to not go with the norm and just kill off one of the MC's.

Except this MC is the heart of too many elements. If she dies here, the series can pretty much just be finished. They'll all die in the tundra since no power means no coms no weapons nothing. PLus no one is going to come searching for them since they don't even know they are coming thanks to the communications blackout.
Aug 30, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Except this MC is the heart of too many elements. If she dies here, the series can pretty much just be finished. They'll all die in the tundra since no power means no coms no weapons nothing. PLus no one is going to come searching for them since they don't even know they are coming thanks to the communications blackout.

The last 3 episodes will consist of them starving to death and grasping at straws. Inaho smiles only once in the last 3 episodes, and they all commit cannibalism and eat Rayet to survive for what she did to the Princess.

But yeah, I'm just saying, it would definitely be out of the norm. The timing wouldn't be right to do something like this, though, and it'd be pretty undramatic the way she went out. I expect the Princess to do something like sacrifice herself for peace or something later on. More along those lines.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:42 PM

Feb 2010
It suddenly struck me. Now that the princess is dead already....this means Slaine and Inaho are officially rivals.
I don't know if this is joy I'm feeling but I think it's mainly hype. Yeah, let's just leave it as that. Hype.
Aug 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2008
Darklight0303 said:
So Sazbaum comes out from the start that he's part of the traitors. DIdn't expect that...

^This plus that ending.... O_O
Aug 30, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
So Humeray died because of a fucking leg? A true soldier would have cut his leg to stay alive.
Good episode.
Aug 30, 2014 6:53 PM
May 2009
I liked the development of the villain in this episode. He really understands the flaws of Vers that have been bothering me this whole time... it is an archaic monarchy (dictatorship) that doesn't treat its citizens well. Vers is a lot younger than I thought it was though - the princess's grandfather was the first one to discover the Aldnoah drive? I don't understand how so much hatred, disdain, and prejudice could have arisen in the people of Vers within the period of one generation, especially given that there must be quite a few people on Vers who used to live on Earth. I mean, there is no way they could have populated Vers so quickly without a lot of immigrants.
Aug 30, 2014 6:54 PM
Aug 2012
I was just thinking :

Maybe the princess IS dead. Buit then it is revealed that she cannot be killed or something like that? (because of super aldnoah power)

If she gets revived by CPR, that would be boring -_-
Philosophy and Anime, huh :)
Aug 30, 2014 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:
BullSmit said:

Thank you Sir for being one of us select few to realize these things, which is how it's completely obvious that she is only passed out and not dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 7:06 PM

Dec 2008
Holy shit! Definitely didn't see that coming!! Somebody better do some CPR quick or else they're all screwed. Bitch should've just hanged herself instead of strangling the princess to death.

"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall." Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen right now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaAug 30, 2014 7:17 PM
Aug 30, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
I just can't wait for the next episode... that fanservice though
OSOI!
Aug 30, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2013
Well, looks like my house is gone.

Also, I pity the bastards on the castle that landed in Alaska and Siberia.
Aug 30, 2014 7:18 PM

Feb 2008
Rayet's character is incredibly dull and useless in this show. Why should we care about her? Presumably her father struck a deal with Martians that clearly do not care about Terrans at all, and ignited a war that could destroy Earth.

Like any kind of common sense would let you know that you're trying to do something fucking crazy and that there's pretty much a 100% chance that the Martians would kill you off after you "killed" the princess in order to tie up loose ends. Why does she not realize that it's completely her/her father's fault for choosing to be part of an assassination plot??? Like where is the logic for that in this show? And how does Rayet supposedly lose control to the point that she has enough control to walk over and strangle the princess? So many illogical things happened in this episode that I feel dumb thinking about it.
Aug 30, 2014 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
^ It seems to me someone's seriously pissed about the princess's death.

a) There's always gotta be a character aiming for revenge. There's a role for her. For now.

b) usually when you're ordered to do the job THAT IS A DEAL you are rewarded in bribes or loyalty to own people.
Honestly, they were pretty naive for thinking they would gain something from it. So that's why they did it.
It's not her father's fault he got killed. He didn't sign up for the job knowing he'd get killed.

So I'd bring down that random percentile thrown.

c) When you lose control you freaking lost control of your body. YOUR BODY also includes your mind.
So obviously some screw is loose in her head and she let her rage take over and kill someone. Happens to people.
hate and anger really can make a person do all sorts of things.
Aug 30, 2014 7:31 PM
Sep 2012
I don't think the princess is dead unless the other Martian has the ability to grant Aldnoah to the Terrans. I don't see the writer giving the Terrans a brief taste of power only to have it taken away so quickly.
Aug 30, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2013
Rayet wasn't herself. It seems she didn't mean to strangle her. However, I do understand her doing that. Might be out of revenge. Saazbaum should be proud of Rayet for doing that, Haha! If Slaine found out about that, he would be pissed and he would kill her. Probably Inaho might be pissed as well. Since Asseylum is probably knocked out, the Aldnoah can't function properly and resulting in the ship's crash landing.
Aug 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
I actually don't mind if the "worst case scenario" happens, I just hope they wouldn't handle it briskly. Also, don't give her Amnesia, why would she? Maybe just forget minor parts before her assassination attempt, but being choked shouldn't give you amnesia.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 30, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
BullSmit said:
Darklight0303 said:

The last 3 episodes will consist of them starving to death and grasping at straws. Inaho smiles only once in the last 3 episodes, and they all commit cannibalism and eat Rayet to survive for what she did to the Princess.

But yeah, I'm just saying, it would definitely be out of the norm. The timing wouldn't be right to do something like this, though, and it'd be pretty undramatic the way she went out. I expect the Princess to do something like sacrifice herself for peace or something later on. More along those lines.

That would be as good as Terraformars, shock value for the sole sake of shocking, it would be a shit show.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 30, 2014 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Incoming mouth to mouth
Aug 30, 2014 7:44 PM
Jul 2012
Rayet's mind: Hey, i guess i should kill the person who is keeping the fucking aircraft flying, what can possibly go wrong?..... YOU IDIOT!!!!!
Aug 30, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
If what his sister said is true than its a love triangle and this is one of the shows I don't want a love triangle.

Vooo said:
Incoming mouth to mouth

Nooooo! I had enough of that from this series!
Aug 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
GodlyKyon said:

That would be as good as Terraformars, shock value for the sole sake of shocking, it would be a shit show.

So you're saying I shouldn't even bother with Terraformars in the fall line-up? Good to know.

And hey, it's not out of the question. It's what I'd expect (If referring to the last part of my post). It's definitely not what I want to happen.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 8:19 PM

Sep 2009
Sooo...Reds a Martian?

Neato.
Aug 30, 2014 8:19 PM

Jan 2009
ye this war is for getting the resources of earth, just like how many wars in history is fighting for more resources for their territory

and the martian princess will be alive you can be sure of it
Aug 30, 2014 8:25 PM
Nov 2013
what the hell just happened.. shit just got soo real..
Aug 30, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2014
EarlCiel said:
It suddenly struck me. Now that the princess is dead already....this means Slaine and Inaho are officially rivals.
I don't know if this is joy I'm feeling but I think it's mainly hype. Yeah, let's just leave it as that. Hype.

I feel so sorry fot the princess, also she was "murdered" with the necklace that Slaine gave her, ironic.
I hope Slaine don't seek revenge and learn about the consecuences that revenge may cause, just like Saazbaum who lost his beloved one, please don't make the same mistake >.<
Aug 30, 2014 8:34 PM
Jan 2010
I was so into associated the series with Sawano Hiroyuki, that I kept forgetting this is a Urobutcher anime.
Aug 30, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
renkinotaku said:
I was so into associated the series with Sawano Hiroyuki, that I kept forgetting this is a Urobutcher anime.

First, Gen does not write this episode.

Second, 99.99999999999999% chance is that Asseylum is alive. Inaho will come in time to save her next ep.
Aug 30, 2014 8:46 PM
Jun 2013
No no no no NO. ;A;

I disliked Rayet from the get-go (annoying, whiny traitor!) but now I REALLY REALLY HATE HER. My only prayer for this anime was that somehow Slaine and the princess would get a happy ending together, don't take that from meee. XCCC

And the fact that she used Slaine's necklace to choke her? Ughhh. UGHHHH.

As far as "MCs not dying": remember Kamina? I'd like to hope the princess just passed out, but I don't have my hopes too high. She was the least main of the main characters to begin with, and I've always gotten the impression that she'd die sooner or later anyway. Just seems like one of those sad types of animes... :(

Regarding other stuff, wish Slaine had straight-up stabbed that guy. He had such BS logic, too: "the royals must die because they wanted us to go to war also I want to go to war we need to for resources trolololol" screw you buddy your sad wife backstory isn't making you look any nicer >:U

Also looks like Cruh is probably really dead, huh? And I liked him, too... ;___;
Aug 30, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2014
Fireflydrake said:
And the fact that she used Slaine's necklace to choke her? Ughhh. UGHHHH.

I know what you mean, I was shoked with that scene and necklace.
Aug 30, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
chickenonthepan said:

Vegetable person is the same if I may say. She will wake up when the plot calls. So the most "realistic" thing is death.

But that choice has the lowest possibility, maybe close to 0.

I think you may be disappointed. I can see that Amnesia is their most possible choice to create more irony.

Okay, ya, making her a complete vegetable would be bad. However if she just becomes paralyzed from the neck or waist down then that would give more relevance to it. I would also like it if she got some sort of emotional trauma from it.

However it will probably just be a case of getting close up CPR from Inaho, she sees him as her savior, they get all lovey dovey and everything is forgiven because she is so nice and that is her entire character. < That would be the worst case scenario.

Imho, making her a complete vegetable or dead would be a waste because her death would feel cheap. yes it might be more realistic in some sense but it will not necessarily be a good thing since she can be so much more developed. And in some sense, i hope she is just unconscious but grows to developed due to the experience without actually losing her caring innate personality. This wold then achieve a good balance when it comes to her character. coming to terms with Rayet and achieving a mutual understanding also helps even if it might be a tad predictable
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Aug 30, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2014
At first, I was shocked by the bath scene. I expected Rayet slamming her head in the wall or doing the thing with her own hands rather than with the colar. I don't think one people ( expecially when unconscious like rayet was ) can choose one weapon so fast. Anyways...

STOP SAYING YOU ARE HAPPY BECAUSE CHAR X OR Y GOT KILLED... IF YOU WANT BUTCHERY GO WATCH SOME HORROR SHOWS... JUST BECAUSE URO ( maybe ) KILLED HER DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE HAVE TO BE LIKE HIM.

I think she's alive. Slaine got water-crashed without scars ( well, you may think this was just for the sake of seeing him being tortured ). HOW IS SHE ALIVE, YOU MAY THINK?

Reality laws are problems of mister "I'm on cloud nine" only, since he's so badass that doesn't needs story help. Crap, stop thinking how she could be alive, this anime is totally ramdom.
TorakWolfAug 30, 2014 9:10 PM
Aug 30, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
zerriet said:

Imho, making her a complete vegetable or dead would be a waste because her death would feel cheap. yes it might be more realistic in some sense but it will not necessarily be a good thing since she can be so much more developed. And in some sense, i hope she is just unconscious but grows to developed due to the experience without actually losing her caring innate personality. This wold then achieve a good balance when it comes to her character. coming to terms with Rayet and achieving a mutual understanding also helps even if it might be a tad predictable

Not just her death is cheap, she has a whole season 2 ahead. Killing her now is just impossible.

And after thinking through, I would say that she will be like normal, just has some minor heath problem. She will settle things with Rayet and forgive her, cause she is nice, I guess.

The ship need to move so that the plot can move. It is out of nowhere now. Asseylum has to be able to activate the ship again.

Beside, just 3 episode left in the first season, they don't have enough time for amnesia or vegetable life. The director confirmed that there will be a grand battle in episode 12, so not enough time really.
Aug 30, 2014 9:12 PM
Jul 2014
What about Rayet having dreams at the shower?
Aug 30, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
TorakWolf said:
What about Rayet having dreams at the shower?

honestly that would be impossible, if she was dreaming then the float ship wont crash like that.

Aug 30, 2014 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
chickenonthepan said:
renkinotaku said:

First, Gen does not write this episode.

Second, 99.99999999999999% chance is that Asseylum is alive. Inaho will come in time to save her next ep.

Stating the obvious does nothing in this thread, there are a lot of people surprisingly watching anime for the first time. They completely ignore the fact that it would make zero sense killing the princess a "major character" in this anime right now and therefore ruining what could be least two good seasons.
Aug 30, 2014 9:43 PM

Apr 2013
Nek minnit Asseylum is actually a double and Eddelrittuo is the real princess
Aug 30, 2014 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
This is retarded. She suddenly has a mood swing and decides to kill the princess. And her handmaiden conveniently leaves her alone. Seems like characters just act like complete fucking idiots when its beneficial to the plot.
Aug 30, 2014 9:46 PM
Nov 2010
As much as I enjoyed the entire episode that last bit really overshadows everything else...just ...wtf....loss for words.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.