Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2009 8:42 PM
Jun 2009
Holland_Kai said:
Am I the only one that did'nt like the fact that Yoko and Simon grew old all alone? Those 2 were ment to be together in the end. And what was up with not showing Yoko's full face at the end?

I agree, They should have ended up together! I was holding out for that to happen.

Edit: Ok, after scrolling back and reading comments from the previous pages, I now understand why things had to end the way they did. (i.e. the bittersweet ending, Simon and Yoko not ending up together). That's fine.

The important thing is that they accomplished what they set out to do.
(i.e. save the universe).

Nia and Simon have already expressed their love for each other. And in the end, that one had to go sooner than the other doesn't take away anything from that love.

Ah, well. What's important is the journey, I guess. And that I thouroughly enjoyed this anime.
xiansantosJun 1, 2009 9:17 PM
Jun 4, 2009 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
Why did Nia have to disappear =(. Well, it's obvious WHY, but I still didn't want it to happen.

I was fully expecting Simon to jump out of Lagann and impale the Antispiral with the core drill though.
Jun 5, 2009 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
oh..my..word.
You know its cool when you actually fight jumping on galaxies and stuff.
5/5 i loved it but at the end it made me want more but it was an o.k. ending.

Jun 7, 2009 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
Jun 9, 2009 3:55 AM
Jun 2009
Wavecrasher said:

Tv Tropes?
Jun 9, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2007
arcspartan said:
Wavecrasher said:

Jun 10, 2009 2:13 AM

May 2009
holy shit this series. was so amazing.

I loved the ending, and even though Nia died (bawww I didn't like her at first but she grew on me ;A;) I thought they ended it really well. lol at old!Rossiu. Leeron never aged? XDDD

10/10 from me :)
Jun 13, 2009 2:25 PM

Apr 2009
I loved the first arc with Lord Genome but curiosity got the better of me and I watched the last episode, damn it totally destroyed it for me. Since it was one of the first anime series I watched, I just couldn't handle the bittersweet ending for Simon. It felt so depressing(esp after just watching him triumph against Genome). Skipping to this episode was one of the most stupidest things I have ever done.

I will watch the movie version after the second part comes out(probably next year).
Jun 13, 2009 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
madaodono said:
I loved the first arc with Lord Genome but curiosity got the better of me and I watched the last episode, damn it totally destroyed it for me. Since it was one of the first anime series I watched, I just couldn't handle the bittersweet ending for Simon. It felt so depressing(esp after just watching him triumph against Genome). Skipping to this episode was one of the most stupidest things I have ever done.

I will watch the movie version after the second part comes out(probably next year).

WTF.

I...I just dont have any words.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 13, 2009 3:10 PM
Dec 2008
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

I AM DISAPPOINT.
Jun 13, 2009 3:11 PM

Jun 2009
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

WTF?
Jun 13, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jun 13, 2009 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
Yuruku said:
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

I AM DISAPPOINT.

So they saw the Genome arc and then skipped to the last episode. Why they hell would you do that!? >_<

Please don't watch anymore, not of this, but anything. I don't think you deserve to!
Jun 13, 2009 9:41 PM

Sep 2008
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

This
Jun 13, 2009 10:05 PM

Apr 2009
5layer said:
Beatnik said:
madaodono said:

WTF.

This

Thank you for acknowledging my stupidity. And this is only series, I ended up skipping to the last episode.
Jun 14, 2009 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
still remains a stupid act though

Jun 14, 2009 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Try to unsee it.
Jun 16, 2009 4:42 AM
Oct 2008
It was early on in the series when Yoko asked Kamina to go hunting, upon where he insisted Simon goes aswell and Yoko makes a sort of disapointed face because she doesn't get to be alone with Kamina and from that point on i could just tell she wouldn't ever be with Simon.

Nia, for me was like tool in order for Simon to get over Kamina. I mean after the emotional trauma of seeing Kamina kissing Yoko and then having him die because of his hesitation i felt pretty sorry for the kid and when that bright light popped out of the box it was a way for him to even his emotional state out and get back on track to bein a bad ass.

I hate the type of girl Nia was, so after she served her purpose i didn't give a shit what happened to her, infact i'm pretty glad she died at the end because it almost meant Simon could be "free" in a sense...who knew he'd go as far as a wandering hobo.

Overall, still givin it a 10/10 for bein a leet badass anime, enjoyed it.
Jun 19, 2009 10:27 AM

Dec 2008
That battle was so unbelievably epic.If you'll excuse me I have to go into denial about Nia's death now.

"I can make a Ghost type Eevee, I'll need an Eevee and a hammer" ~ Ranyore
Jun 25, 2009 12:08 AM

Jan 2009
Hi, I'm not gonna read through the 17 pages before me, ain't got that much free time : o
I'll just say, epic show was epic, although man it's sad that <insert certain person here> disappeared :'O
btw the movie/movies, that's just a re-telling of the story, yes? if so, I'm not in a hurry to see it, gonna mourn that <insert certain persone here> now bb
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 28, 2009 12:32 AM
Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Hi, I'm not gonna read through the 17 pages before me, ain't got that much free time : o
I'll just say, epic show was epic, although man it's sad that <insert certain person here> disappeared :'O
btw the movie/movies, that's just a re-telling of the story, yes? if so, I'm not in a hurry to see it, gonna mourn that <insert certain persone here> now bb

Two words. Forced. Drama.
Jun 28, 2009 1:50 AM

Jan 2009
arcspartan said:
Oosran said:

Two words. Forced. Drama.
yeah I know : D gotta have some of that too every now and then
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 30, 2009 1:30 AM

Oct 2008
This anime was awesome, and surprisingly it had fitting ending (most good shows don't necessarily have the best endings, its usually the middilish period which gives the anime its awesomeness).

The final battle was awesome, where simon got chucked out in lagann lol... Really epic anime but its a bit too cheesy for me to give it a 10/10.

Nevertheless I will remember this anime for a while, because of its awesome fight scences, great characters, plot and overall awesomeness. Really don't know what to say right now, anyways:

Brillant Anime: 9/10
Jun 30, 2009 2:40 AM

Dec 2008
There are so many things in this anime that are so stupid and fail I just couldn't rate this 10/10.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is reeeeally good, but not perfect. Guess epic is the new mainstream.

I guess my first blog entry will be about "why you shouldn't rate this 10/10".
Jul 7, 2009 5:23 PM
Mar 2008
Holy sahsdkasnasjcnas
That was the only anime that kept my blood boiling 99% of the time

I still think Nia shouldn't have gone away T_T
&& Boo, why'd Simon pass on the drill to what's-his-face D:<
Jul 8, 2009 3:59 AM

Nov 2007
God knows how many times i've seen this episode.
Jul 8, 2009 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
Translucent said:
Holy sahsdkasnasjcnas
That was the only anime that kept my blood boiling 99% of the time

I still think Nia shouldn't have gone away T_T
&& Boo, why'd Simon pass on the drill to what's-his-face D:<
cuz he's going to be an old dude.
Jul 11, 2009 10:23 PM

May 2009
One of those few anime where the final episode was truly a spectacle to behold.
Jul 13, 2009 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
Damn... I guess I am really a sucker for good endings after all. I was overjoyed that Simon and Nia finally got together then "that" finally happens. For Yoko, both men that got close to her ended up... dead. And for the last scene, I couldn't believe that Yoko ended up being an old maid... damn, she's one hot chick that could've gotten a better half.

The whole series is great, with all the plot twists, comedy, action and drama. I just couldn't help but to feel depressed about all the crazy ending...

*sigh* sorry guys if this may have spoiled some of the elements in my mindless rantings... but I just really need to release this negativity. *sigh*
Jul 14, 2009 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
A type of withdrawal, no doubt. I happen to share the same fate. Stopped watching anime for like 2 months. (And that was the height of my anime-watching career. lol) And shed some manly tears.
Jul 14, 2009 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
After Kamina died, I started to get bored with this anime because of Nia, Yoko became such a minor character in the series>.>
At first, I try to like her, she was cute when she appeared, but I couldn't, I still hate her, I hate the way she is.....for example, the episode between Nia and Yoko make me feel unpleasant (Yoko is my favorite character in the anime^^).
I also like Simon but not Simon with Nia, so I'm glad that Nia died at the end....(forgive me if what I just said about Nia was so bad, but that's my feelings)
Jul 15, 2009 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
Tachii said:
A type of withdrawal, no doubt. I happen to share the same fate. Stopped watching anime for like 2 months. (And that was the height of my anime-watching career. lol) And shed some manly tears.

No doubt... man, I was teary eyed and depressed after watching the episode. The good thing is that I finished watching it at 1AM. I was feeling a bit better after sleeping.
Jul 15, 2009 5:28 AM

Jun 2009
RYnky-san said:
After Kamina died, I started to get bored with this anime because of Nia, Yoko became such a minor character in the series>.>
At first, I try to like her, she was cute when she appeared, but I couldn't, I still hate her, I hate the way she is.....for example, the episode between Nia and Yoko make me feel unpleasant (Yoko is my favorite character in the anime^^).
I also like Simon but not Simon with Nia, so I'm glad that Nia died at the end....(forgive me if what I just said about Nia was so bad, but that's my feelings)

No worries. I almost dropped this anime after kamina died. I was really excited how his love story with Yoko will take off (especially that epic line "I will make it 10 times better when I come back"). As for Nia, I felt sorry for her disappearing and all that. Simon and the others didn't deserve such mediocre lives after undergoing for all that trouble.
Jul 21, 2009 9:09 PM
May 2008
Great series and there isn't much else to be said that hasn't already been stated in this topic. Everything was done perfectly imo and nothing I would have really changed given the context of this series. I'm a bit sad to see it end but completely satisfied with the end results... except for some minor things, like how some characters became supporting characters halfway through the series (I'm looking at you Yoko)... but overall top notch series. 10/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 22, 2009 8:35 AM

Dec 2008
Epic Anime! After watching the first episode I felt in love with it, good action, comedy and out of the ordinary characters. Too bad Kamina had to die so early in the series that kind of made the tone a little more serious and less comical. This episode was amazing, I never seen a mech fight like this one. It's cool to see how Simon physique resembles Kamina. I'm satisfied with the ending. It had it's ups and downs but overall it was a good experience.
Jul 23, 2009 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
Through the first half of the series, I was thinking 8 or 9 as my rating for this, and I give harsh ratings sometimes. So I was enjoying it a lot, even though I wasn't thinking "masterpiece." The last ten episodes though, man... I'm numb.

Yeah, TTGL is "over the top" but it completely fits the kind of universe that this takes place in. We're taught from episode one that emotion and spirit is the key to unlocking the ganmen, and we go on to learn that spiral energy is a limitless source of the ultimate energy in the universe. So yeah, there's nothing wrong with the universe-colliding final strip of battles.

I'm not going to call this the best anime of all time, but I think I'm ready to give it a 10/10. I have seen my fair share of anime, and I have not seen any series ramp up the "epic-ness" the way that TTGL does. If there is a series out there with more "epic" than the end of Gurren Lagann, tell me. I'd love to see it.

Aside from the epic finish, I really enjoyed the animation which blows away a lot of series (although I hated episode 4's animation), and I loved the humor and silliness. TTGL never took itself too seriously, so people watching it can't take it too seriously. Anyone who says "Yadda yadda isn't very realistic" as a complaint clearly did not get the intent of the show.

So yeah, I'm happy :)
Jul 25, 2009 6:35 PM

Apr 2008
Man, just wow. This episode made me feel lots of things, sadness, happiness and I didn't get bored, even for a second.

The ending was even sadder for me cuz Nia is my favourite character, I love and admire her, I wanted her to end up together with Simon, so I'm little depressed, but at least she died married xD. Simon is the one who suffers later, seeing how she disappeared in front of him, poor guy.

Loved this series, put it in my top 5, with Nia in my top 10
Jul 26, 2009 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
lupi_san said:
Man, just wow. This episode made me feel lots of things, sadness, happiness and I didn't get bored, even for a second.

The ending was even sadder for me cuz Nia is my favourite character, I love and admire her, I wanted her to end up together with Simon, so I'm little depressed, but at least she died married xD. Simon is the one who suffers later, seeing how she disappeared in front of him, poor guy.

Loved this series, put it in my top 5, with Nia in my top 10
hey look, someone with the same sentiments as me, yay for you my friend \o/
Jul 31, 2009 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
A great action anime, nothing more, nothing less.

Ending bumped it up from an 8 to a 9 imo.

Glad Nia died, never cared for her.

My poor Yoko. :<
Aug 4, 2009 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
if i died now i would be a happy man
this anime is toooooooo EPIC even for words
Aug 13, 2009 4:52 PM

Apr 2009
Tengen toppa gurren lagann..totally pwns all dood!!
Aug 15, 2009 6:47 AM

Sep 2008
What a way to end an anime. I have to admit that at episode 5 I was seriously considering dropping this series, and now I look back and wonder what I was thinking. I would have missed so much epic-ness.

So yeah. Reeeally enjoyed this anime, and now a bit sad that it's over.

Why are Simon and Rossiu the only ones that were given different noses and chins...? D: And yeah. Have to wonder what happened to Simon's eye...
Aug 15, 2009 7:07 AM

Jun 2009
I really wished Yoko to be with simon... from the beginning..

but ok shes with Kamina - poor simon

Ou there is Nia !! hooray!

hey Yoko is obviosly has some sympathy to Simon! hands out!

yoko is a w*ore... now its Kittan..even in her dreams - poor Kamina RIP

Now no Nia No kittan

it should be Yoko + Simon..but that would make both of them ...unrespected...
so they should have been done that from the beginning..fools((
Aug 27, 2009 5:29 PM
Jun 2009
there was only one thing what i hate on this episode...
its nia s dead :(
Aug 28, 2009 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
DeltaClone said:
there was only one thing what i hate on this episode...
its nia s dead :(

^This
Indeed, that felt pretty sad, although it's completely understandable : (
Aug 29, 2009 10:52 PM

Aug 2009
HOLY SHIT IM SPEECHLESS
BEST ANIME MAN, 100000000000000000000/10
IT'S DEFINATELY MORE THAN 9000!
Aug 29, 2009 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE
I WENT KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AT SIMON EVERY TWO MINUTES!^^
Sep 5, 2009 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this topic itself is amazing :O
Usually, I wouldn't like all the sudden imba power-up-at-the-last-minute but the way it's put off is really impressive ..
10/10 given but from a completely different scale 10 THIS show is
Still, it's sad Yoko lessened her importance in that last arc and remained single :(

A happy (for the Gurren Brigade) yet sad (for us, viewers) ending
Sep 14, 2009 12:40 PM

May 2009
tch... that simon trying to look cool at the end of the weding xD
Sep 14, 2009 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
joshi said:
tch... that simon trying to look cool at the end of the weding xD
He is cool, period
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 3, 2007

100 by OfficerTwigs »»
Jun 24, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Sep 1, 2007

162 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 25, 2007

180 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 7:33 PM

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - May 10

22 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.