Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2014 6:10 PM

May 2014
Mein is a bitch,we all know it
anime aint bad so far,but manga is way better:P
warmly recommend reading it

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 13, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like I should just read ahead so I can have a better understanding watching the anime. The scene they omitted was rather important. Also, the way they just slipped in, "cooking = communication, fishing = hunting" was cringe-worthy X_X
Jul 13, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2014
lol. Here I find those ignorant guys that dark = good. what's the matter with you? hahaha

So far, this adaptation was good, except that they took out the base infiltration part - which, imo, was an important part of the story.

It's still too early to judge this as a series, seeing as this is only the second episode - but I don't really expect much from this anime, I'm just glad it happened. :)

3/5
Jul 13, 2014 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
They are actually improving the show with the fan service and cutting stuff and putting better stuff, remember the manga isn't that popular in Japan so they can't count on the manga for help :)

Tatsuya? :O makes me proud :)
Tokoya said:
Stark700 said:

Oops fixed.
Somebody has Mahouka on the brain eh? xD

If Tatsuya comes in this verse he solves everything in 4 episodes tops.
Jul 13, 2014 7:04 PM

Nov 2007
The action scenes are exciting but everything else is really bland. It still feels like a show trying to be edgy and deep instead of actually being deep.
Also ughhh the walking anime cliche characters are seriously irritating. I'm staying on, for now, but I hope for something exciting to happen soon plotwise, because the characters are boring.
Jul 13, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Turned it on, watched 12 minutes of Fairy Tail bullshit where he met all the characters whom are all tropes.

Turned it off and will finish it later.

CookieBun said:
The action scenes are exciting but everything else is really bland. It still feels like a show trying to be edgy and deep instead of actually being deep.
Also ughhh the walking anime cliche characters are seriously irritating. I'm staying on, for now, but I hope for something exciting to happen soon plotwise, because the characters are boring.

The action scenes are all stills.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 13, 2014 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
The action scenes are all stills.
Just like the manga x)
Jul 13, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
Najenda, the boss reminded me of blitzcrank :DD
Jul 13, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
still worried about how this will turn out,i hope this doesn't become a trend Less action more service!~.

but honestly it doesn't even matter as long as i get to see ma Queen.
Jul 13, 2014 7:28 PM

Sep 2013
Vudis said:
It's the same with the actual antagonists later on. Just a bunch of weird folk that are there for entertainment/edgy purposes.

i hate that guy
Jul 13, 2014 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
I had originally intended to just show up and be like "meh it was aight" and never post here again, to be funny because im sure everyone expects me to rage and rage about this show.

But honestly I wont do either.

Finally finished the episode, and this really is just Grimdark Fairy Tail.

Feel free to enjoy this show, I wish you fans the best, but this is trash. I may continue watching but I'm not going to bother pointing out its blatantly obvious flaws anymore.

The first episode seemed like it was trying to hard to be serious, but this episode makes it obvious that this show is just trying to be every other shounen but with an edgy "kill the bad guys" batman ripoff theme.

Once this show ends, everyone will cry and say it poorly adapted the manga (which isnt true, the manga is just as bad) and move on the the next generic shounen show that airs this winter.

overall i give this a 6/10 because it isnt as bad as SAO season 1 was but its pretty fucking mediocre.
Jul 13, 2014 7:38 PM

Mar 2013
Mizugi Akame was more kawaii in the manga.
Jul 13, 2014 7:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
I had originally intended to just show up and be like "meh it was aight" and never post here again, to be funny because im sure everyone expects me to rage and rage about this show.

But honestly I wont do either.

Finally finished the episode, and this really is just Grimdark Fairy Tail.

Feel free to enjoy this show, I wish you fans the best, but this is trash. I may continue watching but I'm not going to bother pointing out its blatantly obvious flaws anymore.

The first episode seemed like it was trying to hard to be serious, but this episode makes it obvious that this show is just trying to be every other shounen but with an edgy "kill the bad guys" batman ripoff theme.

Once this show ends, everyone will cry and say it poorly adapted the manga (which isnt true, the manga is just as bad) and move on the the next generic shounen show that airs this winter.

overall i give this a 6/10 because it isnt as bad as SAO season 1 was but its pretty fucking mediocre.
Nah, I didn't expect you to rage...My question was 100% serious and sincere

But I have to admit, I did think that you would of ended up doing the same thing you did in episode 1 somewhere down the line after you responded to me xD

But you're entitled to your opinion :) I still completely disagree with the FT thing though
Jul 13, 2014 7:51 PM

Sep 2013
fst said:
Mizugi Akame was more kawaii in the manga.
but in the anime she have more bigger boobs so i got that going which is nice
Jul 13, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
I don't get why people say Fan Service = Shit?

Jul 13, 2014 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
trabeus1 said:

I know right? It was only a swimsuit for pete's sake. Women go swimming, get over it. This isn't no Highschool of the Dead.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 13, 2014 8:03 PM
May 2014
@SolvyTwerk4Jesus
It's only been two episodes, give it some more. Right now it's only at the introductory phase and it won't be the bedt thing ever but it gets progressiveky better.

trabeus1 said:

I don't even know what fanservice are people talking about lol. It's in next episode but this one had no fanservice. Atleast not blatantly obvious one like in Fairy Shit.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:45 AM
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 13, 2014 8:06 PM
May 2011
trabeus1 said:

because like those 30sec-1mins spent on fans service can be allocated to animated fighting scene or other things?

well, i also curious about people ranting too much about it
Jul 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Still waiting for an explanation as to why the death of Tatsumi's two childhood friends was glazed over with comedy THREE times now...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that should be a pretty traumatizing event. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 13, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2012
trabeus1 said:

Because the source material did not have that much Fan Service. Sure it was there occasionally, but the manga doesn't do too much crap before using something like bestiality or loli rape to counteract it completely. The thing is... when i read the manga i felt something constantly. Whether it was hate, suspense, anger, or fulfillment. However if the anime skips over chapters and material in order to add more Fan Service... it will equate to being crap.

Although i think most of the fuss is over the preview for the NEXT episode.
Jul 13, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
For manga readers who watched it already

They did bro they butcher some parts from ch 2 that will show Tatsumi's hestiation to kill at first until Akame shows him not to show hestiation
Jul 13, 2014 8:15 PM
May 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Still waiting for an explanation as to why the death of Tatsumi's two childhood friends was glazed over with comedy THREE times now...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that should be a pretty traumatizing event. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

What? He wad grieving about them for 3 days before Leone came to show him the base. He's not a little girl that lost her parents or some shit dude. He's a guy who has potentital in becoming an assassin, you want the anime to focys on hin crying for ywars or what? He has to move on at some point.
Jul 13, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
-Aero- said:
trabeus1 said:

Because the source material did not have that much Fan Service. Sure it was there occasionally, but the manga doesn't do too much crap before using something like bestiality or loli rape to counteract it completely. The thing is... when i read the manga i felt something constantly. Whether it was hate, suspense, anger, or fulfillment. However if the anime skips over chapters and material in order to add more Fan Service... it will equate to being crap.

I'm convinced you never read the manga. There was no additional fanservice, exact same as manga.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting and link to manga.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:49 AM
Jul 13, 2014 8:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-Aero- said:
trabeus1 said:

I doubt that people will complain because all the Mein fags and lolicons will come out and have a field day lol xDD
TokoyaJul 13, 2014 8:21 PM
Jul 13, 2014 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
I still don't like how they are dealing with the childhood friends' death. MC is grieving and 2 seconds later, he is joking and all.

Rest is decent, but nothing really interesting so far.
Jul 13, 2014 8:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rashikabi-san said:
Tokoya said:
For manga readers who watched it already

They did bro they butcher some parts from ch 2 that will show Tatsumi's hestiation to kill at first until Akame shows him not to show hestiation
I've come to the conclusion that they'll include it in the next episode since it's going to center around chapter 4 which won't be enough material to last a full episode...Plus the scene that they skipped would work well in that case too
Jul 13, 2014 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
Tarheelram said:
-Aero- said:

I'm convinced you never read the manga. There was no additional fanservice, exact same as manga.

I have read the manga, i actually haven't seen the episode yet, and i'm judging this based off what i read other people say. I'm not trying to troll o.e. I'm sorry for saying anything before watching the episode, but i wasn't insulting the anime at all. I was doing nothing to incite an argument, therefore i was not trolling. Just answering a question based on perception.

VudisJul 14, 2014 11:49 AM
Jul 13, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
Starting to love Akame, thought she was an emotionless machine, but she does care.
Jul 13, 2014 8:36 PM
Jan 2013
I had high expectations for this show but it really does seem like your average shounen, with all its cliches. I thought this might delve deep with the corruption that could take place as Tatsumi fights to prevent that very thing from happening. But this show is no Psycho-Pass (maybe I'll watch that next).

Also WTF at the fanservice. Really unnecessary. If I wanted fanservice, I would have dropped this show to watch High School of the Dead.

I'll keep watching this but I'm wary of it derailing halfway. I haven't read the manga so I don't know how this'll play out. Let's see what happens
Jul 13, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
kikohunter said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

What? He wad grieving about them for 3 days before Leone came to show him the base. He's not a little girl that lost her parents or some shit dude. He's a guy who has potentital in becoming an assassin, you want the anime to focys on hin crying for ywars or what? He has to move on at some point.
Ummmm, no. Right after his friend died in his arms, he got comedically dragged away and proceeded to dick around with the other characters for the remainder of the episode, clearly unfazed.

In this episode, his 10 second flashback gets interrupted by goofy comedy. That is SHIT writing. Maybe his mourning was made clear in the manga (I haven't read it), but it is skipped over in a mind-numbingly stupid way in this adaptation. If the characters don't care, why should I?
Jul 13, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2014
Well there is some fanservice and fun moments at times.

Seriously what they have covered and adapted so far is fine as it is.

Let's just not whine and bitch about all the adaptations that they must be perfect carbon copies of the manga, shall we?

All in all it is good. The pacing is fine, and the animation effects are pretty solid. The voice cast is good too, so all in all I'm satisfied.
Jul 13, 2014 8:42 PM
May 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:
kikohunter said:

Ummmm, no. Right after his friend died in his arms, he got comedically dragged away and proceeded to dick around with the other characters for the remainder of the episode, clearly unfazed.

In this episode, his 10 second flashback gets interrupted by goofy comedy. That is SHIT writing. Maybe his mourning was made clear in the manga (I haven't read it), but it is skipped over in a mind-numbingly stupid way in this adaptation. If the characters don't care, why should I?

Well it's not like you're suppossed to really care about them either xD they were introduced in one episodeand killed at the end of the sane episode lol.
Jul 13, 2014 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Link_of_Hyrule said:
kikohunter said:

Not everyone are emotional crybabies
Jul 13, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
Akame ga Kill! puts action, humor, violence, all in a single episode and can make the perfect balance of all that, does not skimp on the blood and censorship does not hurt the animation
Night Raid's characters were presented in this episode, and Tatsumi began his training and made his first mission, next episode he will train with Mine, I think she the best girl in the manga
this episode already had a bit of fanservice with Akame and it feels that next there will be too, if not exaggerated may be good for the anime
I think this anime really has everything to be not only among the best of the season as the year ..
Jul 13, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
-Aero- said:
Tarheelram said:

I'm convinced you never read the manga. There was no additional fanservice, exact same as manga. Learn to troll better. http://www.mangareader.net/akame-ga-kiru/3/8

I have read the manga, i actually haven't seen the episode yet, and i'm judging this based off what i read other people say. I'm not trying to troll o.e. I'm sorry for saying anything before watching the episode, but i wasn't insulting the anime at all. I was doing nothing to incite an argument, therefore i was not trolling. Just answering a question based on perception.

Well watch the episode before you base an opinion because there was 0 fan service added in. The "fan service" that was there was just Akame in a swimsuit to catch a fish for 10 seconds. Wouldn't even call it fanservice. People are just finding an excuse to hate on the show.
Jul 13, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2013
kikohunter said:
I know we aren't supposed to care about the characters who died, but how can you not realize that this anime has no concept of tone what so ever? They introduced the fact that the MC's friends have been tortured to death and then follow it up with light-hearted comedy less than a minute later without even attempting to transition smoothly.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:57 AM
Jul 13, 2014 8:47 PM

Apr 2012
Tarheelram said:
-Aero- said:

Well watch the episode before you base an opinion because there was 0 fan service added in. The "fan service" that was there was just Akame in a swimsuit to catch a fish for 10 seconds. Wouldn't even call it fanservice. People are just finding an excuse to hate on the show.

Just saw it. It was mainly the preview for the next episode people were apparently talkin' bout. Seems to me that it's not really much extra though. Sorry for my ignorance.
Jul 13, 2014 8:50 PM
Aug 2011
Decent adaptation so far. Was really waiting for the infiltration scene which never came. Other than that a decent episode. Anime only watchers are in for a shock if they think this is going to be standard shonen fare.
Jul 13, 2014 9:04 PM
May 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:
kikohunter said:
I know we aren't supposed to care about the characters who died, but how can you not realize that this anime has no concept of tone what so ever? They introduced the fact that the MC's friends have been tortured to death and then follow it up with light-hearted comedy less than a minute later without even attempting to transition smoothly.

Yeah that's pretry much the author's problem, I think he had some difficukties with rhat when he started writing AgK but I do know that he gets much better at transitioning between comedy and hwavy toned moments the farther we get into the manga actually the first chapter was pretty nuch the only one with athud problem imo.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting from quote.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 13, 2014 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
kikohunter said:
@SolvyTwerk4Jesus
It's only been two episodes, give it some more. Right now it's only at the introductory phase and it won't be the bedt thing ever but it gets progressiveky better.

No it gets progressively more pretentious, convoluted, and stupid.

Why do people on MAL take it upon themselves to assume they know everything someone has seen and read?

And if it was the /STORY/ I had a problem with, I'd say i need more episodes to decide.

The art sucks -> wont change
The TONE sucks -> wont change
The entire thing is edgy grimdark nonsense -> Gets worse
The music is aight.

This wont magically get better.

It will be Fairy Tail starring the Punisher for its entire run.
Jul 13, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2014
SuperSeer said:
Decent adaptation so far. Was really waiting for the infiltration scene which never came. Other than that a decent episode. Anime only watchers are in for a shock if they think this is going to be standard shonen fare.

This is so true.... I just want to explode when I hear people saying this is a standard shounen because it really isn't. But the thing is that I can't explain anything to these people because I'll spoil everything. Just got to bite the bullet.

If Hunter x Hunter is leading the fray for breaking the mold in shounens, then Akame ga Kill would definitely be close behind.

All I can say is, just be patient. All your concerns will slowly go away as the episodes pass..... At least for most people...

-Aero- said:

If you want to read chapter 7 that is fine. If not that is fine as well, but this chapter takes place some time after his friends deaths, and after all that has happened to the MC instead of saying "CRY OVER YOUR FRIENDS!" you find yourself saying "Dude, that happened like weeks ago. You're a freaking assassin get over it!" This is just one page of the chapter, but there's more crying. I just don't want to link spoilers for everyone.

I think every chapter up to chapter 7 he mentions his friends. He's thinking about them all the time. Just be patient people.

At least Tatsumi isn't a fucking bitch and cries all the time. He knows not to dwell on things and to move on. Probably one of the most refreshing shounen leads in a while. By the end of the series, I think people will adore him.

And if not Tatsumi, definitely Wave. By far my favorite character in the series.
Jul 13, 2014 9:44 PM
May 2014
@Link_of_Hyrule
Well, if you're going to judge in based on the anime only then we're both going to have to wait since it's supposed to be 24 episodes. I do agree it's nothing outstanding so far, but I think you can agree with me that it also wasn't something bad either. For now all I can tell you is that the transition between tones is done much better as the manga gets along so I expect rhe same to happen in the anime! All that matters in the end is that you enjoy the anime for what it is: A different take on the battle shonen genre.
Jul 13, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
The "fact" is that this show is suffering from horrific issues with tone and it is greatly hurting the characterization of the MC. That is really not refutable at this point.

Can the show improve? Yes. Was the Manga much better with its tone? So I've been told.

If the show ends up improving, as you claim it will, I won't have anything to complain about. We shall see.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 14, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 13, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
MC seems a bit idealistic but I like how he actually has the skills to back it up. Things happened a bit too quickly but I got what was happening. Unless it makes me go "huh? What's happening? That's just BS" then I say: not bad. Not bad at all.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 13, 2014 9:52 PM

Oct 2013
kikohunter said:
@Link_of_Hyrule
Well, if you're going to judge in based on the anime only then we're both going to have to wait since it's supposed to be 24 episodes. I do agree it's nothing outstanding so far, but I think you can agree with me that it also wasn't something bad either. For now all I can tell you is that the transition between tones is done much better as the manga gets along so I expect rhe same to happen in the anime! All that matters in the end is that you enjoy the anime for what it is: A different take on the battle shonen genre.
Again, everything I've said has been in regards to the show SO FAR. It has plenty of time to improve, but until it does (which you claim it will), its flaws must be pointed out.
Jul 13, 2014 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
I just want everyone to enjoy the anime. Not just because i love the manga, but because i love anime. You can look at my ratings. Only the things i hate i give low ratings, and now that i look back i tell myself "It doesn't deserve that, because at some point i did enjoy it." I just don't understand why people can't enjoy anime like i do. They always gotta be talkin' bout plot hoes and rushin' and crap. I dun get it. Why does no one on a site DEDICATED to ANIME actually LIKE anime.

Now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to give Naruto Shippuden the justice it deserves. A 6/10.
Jul 13, 2014 9:59 PM
May 2014
@Link_of_Hyrule
I agree, it has some pretry obvious flaws. We'll see if White Fox can make us forget about them in the next episodes.
Jul 13, 2014 10:04 PM
Dec 2013
kikohunter said:
@Link_of_Hyrule
I agree, it has some pretry obvious flaws. We'll see if White Fox can make us forget about them in the next episodes.

I bet they can, if you have seen other anime made from manga some don't follow the chronology of the manga, meaning that a scene may be replaced in another time, like the bandit scene in a more natural time or at a time it will represent it better. It is nothing new, just wait will make up (mostly) for lost parts.
Jul 13, 2014 10:07 PM

May 2014
Akame x Tatsumi soon lmao
Jul 13, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
As this series progresses, the problems that most people are speaking about (grimdark bullshit, random comedy, and stills) will more than likely just get worse.

The people defending this show so adamantly are the ones not making points.

I've made a shit ton of points on my issues with this series. I've had mods messaging me to stop explaining my points so much because they find it redundant when nobody will even read or try to understand them.

The go to defense for you fanboys is "dont worry bro it gets better later".

This is an anime discussion thread. Anime only viewers can be upset in this thread. If this were a manga thread youd have a leg to stand on.

Simply saying "the manga gets better later, but i wont spoil so just believe me" is not making a case for the success of this adaptation.

The manga could be jesus fucking christ and this anime so far is poorly made, filled with redundant bullshit, and LOADED with horrible stills and shitty characters.
VudisJul 14, 2014 12:11 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

2 by Shizuna »»
Jun 28, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.