Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 4, 2009 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
Another fantastic episode! Judging from the first four episodes the rumour that the events in Higashi no Eden take place over 11 days could be true.

Please continue being a messiah.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 4, 2009 6:29 AM

Aug 2008
Just started this series and its freaking great. Cna't wait for the next episode ^^
May 4, 2009 10:45 AM
Feb 2008
deafcon said:
Pretty wicked episode. I can't believe this series is only going to be 11 episodes.

I can't believe people are likening it to Death Note though. It's more similar to Bokurano or Gantz.

same here
to bad that this is going to have only 11 episodes I just started to like it more and more each episode -__-
May 4, 2009 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
fantastic episode
I feel only 11 episodes are going to leave holes
which is probably what they want
but as a fan you always want more

~May you continue being the Messiah....
May 4, 2009 9:08 PM

Apr 2009
SO GLAD that I was bored and finally decided to watch this series today. ;_;
May 4, 2009 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one that liked the first two episodes but has been severely disappointed with the last two episodes? After watching the first two episodes, I thought this series had the potential to be one of my favorites and now I'm left wondering what the hell happened.

First, I'll go over the obvious. There has been a drop off in production values. It's inevitable for most animes and it's been happening over the last 2 episodes. Given that this series is only 11 episodes, I'm really struggling to find it as acceptable as it is in something that spans a full season.

The last two episodes have been necessities to push the story forward and establish the premise of the game but it seems its been treated as just that -- a necessity. I think it's been approached in a very dry, uninventive, and telegraphed manner that makes it seem as if they're treating it as a formality and just going through the motions.

The life, death, and role of Detective Kondou pretty much never escaped the confines of being the pawn of the plot and his death was sold to establish the role of death but didn't even scrape the surface of death's severity because we never came to care about him.

And the doctor from this episode pretty fell into an identical mold. A self-motivated participant whose life and death were under-utilized within the confines of the plot.

To me, great characters are characters that find life in reality beyond where the story starts and stops. They're structured in a way where they make so much sense that we believe they're humans and thus associate with them on a deeper level. We let them become more than just characters in an anime because it feels like they're more than that.

Even supporting characters should follow that mold. It really seems like this anime has severely underutilized their supporting characters thus far.

Couple that with the dropping production values and it just feels like they aren't giving it their best swing at all. Nevermind the direction they've decided to take with some of the characters. I thought the general feel and atmosphere of the first two episodes was beautiful.

I loved the dynamic that existed between Akira and Morimi. Their story was a simple, pure, and sweet tale of two lost individuals united by coincidence in a cold world filled with mystery and ambiguity. I thought that boat scene where Akira reached out to Morimi was pure simplicity and yet unbelievably beautiful.

Both characters don't know who they are or where they're going and yet in that moment, he made the decision that despite the insecurity in his life, he wanted her to come along. She made the decision to step beyond the borders of her normality and put her faith not in her boring life but in Akira.

And then just two episodes later, that was all totally and completely destroyed and forgotten. If they reintroduce her, they're going to pretty much need to reestablish all of that over again and it's highly unlikely they'll do so again with the same subtlety and naturalness. Quite sad.

It's almost as if a different director has been working on these last two episodes. It seems the story has really tossed what it established in its first moments aside in favor of this very bland and dry plot pushing pair of episodes. It almost feels like I'm watching an entirely different show. They could've and should've carried everything forward together and within the same context rather than divided it so unnaturally.
May 5, 2009 8:03 AM

Apr 2009
I started looking yesterday all four eps and were surprised how amazing good it is!
The OP song is really good, it really fits this near-future animé.
Can't wait to the next ep >__<
May 5, 2009 8:06 AM

Dec 2008
KeroroGunsou said:
I started looking yesterday all four eps and were surprised how amazing good it is!
Totally random, but I found it really cute how you put an accent aigu on the "e" for the word anime *giggles*
May 5, 2009 10:00 AM

May 2008
KeroroGunsou said:

Oasis is amazing indeed.
School food punishment is cool too.

May 5, 2009 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
I haven't seen a drop in production. Don't know where your seeing that. It's still the best anime this season and is great. The doctor and detective served the roles to show their just pawns in the game that Akira just found out about. They did what they felt would either benefit the people or themselves and that's what they're suppose to do.

Besides the time lapse between Saki and Akira parting ways is very tiny and they will run into each other again. It's not like it's been 4 weeks and it shattered and wouldn't make sense but it's only a day. Nothing is forgotten nor misplaced. Did you see the way she looked at the picture of them together? She obviously hasn't forgotten about him

There's still going to be time to see their relationship grow but with the whole trying to find his memories and why he's being placed in this situation, there is no room for her to be in there for that time being. You can't analyze a plot like this that quickly because it has several different themes and stories going on that need to be intertwined at the end
May 5, 2009 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
martin03345 said:
I haven't seen a drop in production. Don't know where your seeing that.

No offense intended, but if you can't see where they've been cutting corners with animation, you probably either don't watch enough anime or don't watch it closely enough.

Here is a list of things to take notice of... 1.) The general quality of the animation (the detail and fluidity of the inbetweens). 2.) The number of independently moving objects on the screen at any given time (characters, cars, smoke, clouds, and other moving objects). 3.) the amount of movement those objects are doing at any given time (it takes more effort to animate someone running than someone talking). 4.) The amount of "panning" shots and buffer scenes where it's just sweeping over scenery or some other stationary picture. 5.) the amount of new and unique environments / background palettes.

Look at all that, and you WILL notice a drop off.

It's still the best anime this season and is great.

If you're going to say something like that then don't turn around and say something like...

You can't analyze a plot like this that quickly because it has several different themes and stories going on that need to be intertwined at the end.

It's a little early for the double standards of fanboyism. If you're going to say it's too early to analyze and judge, then how are we supposed to come to your conclusion that this is the best anime this season (or that it's great)?

The doctor and detective served the roles to show their just pawns in the game that Akira just found out about. They did what they felt would either benefit the people or themselves and that's what they're suppose to do.

Except that since their individuality as independent characters was never fully established, the impact of this was never really utilized. We didn't know anything about them outside of their role as plot mechanisms. We weren't even really told anything about the extended reasoning or influences behind their decisions. We were just told what they did and its effect.

You evidently think that was enough to associate with it and believe it. Pretty low standards if you ask me. It was quite simply a case of nothing gained, nothing lost. We didn't care they were pawns because they didn't make us care.

Besides the time lapse between Saki and Akira parting ways is very tiny and they will run into each other again. It's not like it's been 4 weeks and it shattered and wouldn't make sense but it's only a day. Nothing is forgotten nor misplaced. Did you see the way she looked at the picture of them together? She obviously hasn't forgotten about him.

Yep, the time gap between them parting ways was small. But, the actual gap in events was quite large when you think about how much we were given to digest. Since they parted ways, we've seen the detective die, found out the truth about the entire premise of the show, found out more about Akira, the limitations of Juiz, and seen another selecao die. All without Morimi in the mix and still without a hint she'll be joining us again. The show has separated the characters into different worlds just as fast as they brought them together through said boundaries and elevated them above them.

We already knew they came from entirely different worlds. We already once saw them both agree to set aside the complications of the world for the simplicities of affection. Now, we're going to have to do it again... and given this series is 11 episodes, redundancy is your enemy.

There's still going to be time to see their relationship grow but with the whole trying to find his memories and why he's being placed in this situation, there is no room for her to be in there for that time being.

Funny you bring this up because she was actually helping him recover his memories. And, there is plenty of room for her to be in there. She already expressed the intent that she was okay with it and wanted to go along (only to be left behind as an afterthought).

Part of the dynamic that made them so interesting was that neither really knew who they were. She was a product of her situation, lacked individuality, and didn't know what to do with life. He was obviously clueless about his situation and past. They were both reaching around in the dark trying to discover themselves and found companionship in doing so.

He represented a bizarre world of the unknown. She represented normality. And, despite their differences, they found common ground along a common path.

You can't analyze a plot like this that quickly because it has several different themes and stories going on that need to be intertwined at the end.

Again, this series is 11 episodes. 4 have already aired. If this was your typical 26 episode series, we'd be halfway through episode 10. We're almost halfway through the show. It seems like you're forgetting that and often times failing to judge things in context.
removed-userMay 6, 2009 6:33 PM
May 5, 2009 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm, I generally agree with what you're saying, Brian, but I think you're taking a harsher stance than I see necessary. Is it true that the past two episodes were necessities to push the plot forward? Yes. Did it feel only as a necessity? No, I don't believe so. I also feel like you aren't giving credit with what they manged to do with both Selecao in the short time that they were on screen.

With Kondou, in his time onscreen, we saw the glimpse of a shattered, disillusioned man who, after failing at trying to save the world, only wants to escape fate and lead a hedonistic life with his mistress and Akira's money. Had he been a main character, we'd say that his hedonism and disillusionment would be his tragic flaw, leading him to die publicly in the city he tried to save while no one batted an eye.

With Dr. Hajime, I think we also got a really good look at his motivation and considering length, the depth of his character. A man who, facing old age and a big ego as a surgeon, sunk into depression and alcoholism becomes a selecao and decides that he wants make sure that the rest of the elderly don't have to feel the same way as he does. Not to mention the fact that he jumped into this game never intending to win and accepting death peacefully is a really nice statement to make.

With both characters, we're seeing the depths of despair that either lead them to becom selecao, or is the effect of their playing the game, and as a result leads us to question two things about Akira.
1) What happened to him that was so bad that he wanted to become a Selecao?
2) What happened to him that was so bad that he decided to erase his memories?

I think you're undervaluing the strength of the characters because they had to work concurrently as plot devices, which sells them short greatly on their own.

Concerning Akira and Saki's relationship, again, I think that you're undervaluing what's gone on. I think it's a little weird that you think that their relationship has been completely destroyed because she had a life to get back to. If this were a movie, then yes, I totally see what you're talking about, but because this is a televised series, I think that Saki does need to be able to walk away for a bit and really develop a need to be excited by Akira and not just swept away. Her feelings for him have not dissapated as you have said because she spent most of the day thinking about him. As you smartly pointed out, both characters are lost individuals, so, if this is going to work as a romance on top of an action thriller, we need to be able to have context of Saki as a character and what she is all about. We've had hints in the same way that we got hints on Akira in this episode, but because she hasn't lost her memory, and she's a bit of an Alice to this wonderland, we need more of a solid story on her so that it is more moving to see her jump down the rabbit hole.

And regarding the structure of the series, because the movie was pretty much announced with the show, I'd expect for one part of the show to be wrapped in the series (probably the romance, or Akira's memories) so that the last (most likely Akira's duty as a Selecao) to take precedence in the movie.

noteDheroMay 5, 2009 7:55 PM
May 5, 2009 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
For those who may not know, the Juiz and Selecao are the brazilian portuguese football terms for "Referee" and "Selection" and the Selecao badge shape is exactly the same as the Brazilian National Football Team, the CBF.

Those who made this anime are really football addicted =)

I think all japanese loves brazilian soccer because 2002 World Cup, which we won \o/
Die goldenen Zeiten sind lange vorbei.

May 5, 2009 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
I've seen my fair share of anime and this show has not had a tremendous drop in quality at all. Maybe it's not as sharp as the first two episodes but if you haven't noticed, most series animation and production values drop off after awhile. Case and point would be Michiko e Hatchin which had phenomenal production values but some of the last episodes had some pretty poor production compared to others. The series nowhere near has anything of a major drop in production quality. Even with it not being as polished as the first two episodes, there's no where near a giant drop in quality that would make you have to sit and wonder what they are doing. It's still a great looking show and eye catching.

And my statement about it being the best show this season isn't a show of fanboyism at all. It's 4 episodes in, for all I know it could end up being one of the worst. But right now with it's high production values, sound, and entriging plot, it has more to offer then other shows out there

With what's shown so far, it proves to be a high grade anime and saying that one needs more time to analyze the story is not hypocritical at all. Yes it's almost halfway through the series but if you haven't noticed, it's trying to fit in a pretty big story for something that's only 11 episodes.

The doctor and detective easily served their roles as characters within the series. With the organization that they are a part of, they are not suppose to be be individuals but just mere faces who are puppets in a way of what they are being asked to do. Glimpses of what they were trying to accomplish were shown which is good enough when what they are is just puppets. Kondou was shown to be ruthless and out for himself when using his money and not really bettering the nation. His motives and personality were truly shown while Dr. Hajime was shown to be like Dhero stated. From what we've seen you either are gonna wonder why they are pawns in the game or just see them for what they are, pawns. And there is nothing wrong with that at all because as I said, they are puppets of what is going on. They have the will to do what they please but also are puppets in the sense that they are attached to the game.

The fact that there are so many events going on in such a small time span does not at all separate Saki and Akira into two different worlds. In fact they may be there for now but there will be a magnet that draws them back together. That's a given. Saying well she has now nothing to do with what's going on is false.Once again, Dhero summed it up perfectly as she's an Alice in Wonderland type character trying to figure out her emotions while Akira now needs to find out who he is. It's two different forms of discovery for the characters that will certainly lead back to one another. The fact that he was split from her to track down Kondou shows that he feels some semblance of emotion for her because he doesn't want her to get involved with the dangerous game he is in.

So with the 4 episodes shown, its easy for you to say well they fucked it up because so little time is left but in fact there still is plenty of time especially with a movie coming out to sum up and tie everything up. Obviously the series won't cover every inch of ground that needs to thus you need take a breather and realize what is being shown now is being done well
martin03345May 5, 2009 9:55 PM
May 5, 2009 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Brian333 said:

The last two episodes have been necessities to push the story forward and establish the premise of the game but it seems its been treated as just that -- a necessity. I think it's been approached in a very dry, uninventive, and telegraphed manner that makes it seem as if they're treating it as a formality and just going through the motions.

I agree with you there, the presentation of the story has been too blatantly forced in the last two episodes. :(
May 6, 2009 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Anyways, these replies will probably be a little shorter and less detailed than I would like them to be. I just simply don't really have the same amount of time to consistently dedicate myself to discussions like these anymore. I'd love to type more but I work and am often times too tired to do much outside of the office.

To noteDhero

Just to start, I appreciate and respect the thought put into your response.

noteDhero said:
Hmm, I generally agree with what you're saying, Brian, but I think you're taking a harsher stance than I see necessary. Is it true that the past two episodes were necessities to push the plot forward? Yes. Did it feel only as a necessity? No, I don't believe so. I also feel like you aren't giving credit with what they manged to do with both Selecao in the short time that they were on screen.

I'm too lazy to re-read everything I wrote again but just going off of what's in my memory, I never intended the post to bash the series. I think the first two episodes set the bar pretty high, and the series itself gives us good reason to hold it to very high standards (the studio, the director, etc). Quite frankly, I expected no less than a modern classic and was just a bit put off by the last two episodes.

I understand the function of the two deceased Selecao. I understand what they were, their identities as characters and what they represented. It's just that you had to come to those conclusions in a manner that didn't do the material much justice. Now I'm not trying to suggest they should spoon feed us everything -- they simply do not have the time to do so -- but what I do have a problem with is the manner in which they communicated what you just wrote. It was pretty much dry as paper, lacked subtlety, and lacked any real draw in to make us care. That's my problem with how those two characters were handled.

Since I figure it might've come off a bit more harsh than it should've, I'll just say that I thought the characters were great characters if you forced yourself to read into them and understand them. But again, given everything they were, the way their stories were told and the way they were established as characters didn't do much for them.

The detective barely did anything. He stalked Akira down, beat him up, stole his phone, found out he couldn't use it, and then got stabbed to death by his wife. In Kondou's dying moments, he just nonchalantly had a little chat with Akira, gave his phone back, and then died. The big, enlightening moments that really filled us in on the Detective's identity and what the selecao were was pretty much communicated in an incredibly dry, uninteresting, straight-forward face-to-face conversation. They really could've gotten more out of that all on multiple levels. He could've made a bigger deal of his regret, remorse, his despair than what we were given. He could've been much, much more human.

And pretty much the exact same thing holds true for the doctor. Incredibly dry, uninteresting, and straight-forward portrayal of an otherwise interesting background and character. His story, his motives, his intentions, and his entire life was pretty much given to us in a monologue over a handful of panning scenery shots and facial cuts. Never at any point was I ever really drawn into the doctor as a character. I just listened, came to the conclusions you detailed, and then that was it. The doctor was dead like a minute later. They really could've gotten more out of it all. They could've walked the halls of the hospital and used the patients the doctor saved as a background. I generally dislike the use of flash-backs but that might have been an option. They could've established him as a father who lost the rest of his family (cliche I know... but good execution often makes us forget about it).

Even with the same general time constraints, they could've done more but didn't.

As for Akira and Saki's relationship, I never intended to say that the relationship itself was destroyed. I was referring to the atmosphere, feel, and the moments that they had created up to the point where they split paths. I thought those things were compromised because their separation felt so... cheap. She just kind of got up and left and he just kind of laughed at the sight of the note and went on with his business. It's kind of like going home to a wife that's cooking your favorite meal for you in nothing but an apron... and then walking over to the couch and turning on ESPN to see what game is on.

I think it's incredibly important that they establish both characters. But, given what we saw of their relationship in the early going, I thought they would be embarking together on their journey to discover themselves. He reached out to her and she gladly jumped on for the ride. I thought that they would've went about the process of character development in a less isolated manner. I think that would've been more interesting... seeing two, seemingly different characters discover themselves and their more profound similarities as they tread a singular path.

But, I guess it's a choice they made. Perhaps developing the two separately will only further hammer in their differing backgrounds and maybe ultimately give more meaning to their reunion. I just think it's redundant.

And I haven't really read much about the movie. To be quite honest, I would rather it not be a continuation. I think it would be fascinating if they made it about Akira before the series. I think the opening monologue from Saki in the first episode would be a wonderful tie in (and make perfect sense), too.

edit: well that turned out longer than I thought it would...
removed-userMay 6, 2009 10:15 AM
May 6, 2009 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
I know this is a double post and it's preferred we don't do this but if a mod sees this, I beg you exercise a little lenience. It's just a lot easier to read if I split my two responses across two posts. I'm not post whoring. I couldn't care less about that.

To martin03345

removed-userMay 6, 2009 11:40 AM
May 6, 2009 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
I never said to stop thinking critically you overly pretentious douchebag. No where in your post directed to me did you mention front loading done by animation production of most shows.

I'm giving my own view on the story and the characters and how I believe things are going right now. With how it's set up so far, speculation on both sides is possible, I just said why I think your wrong and not stating that you are, there's a difference. I have a different view on how the characters are suppose to serve their role within the story and who they are, kind of like how it happens with a lot of other series that require some though.

But what do I know, god here just decreed I have the reading skills of a retarded hamster and the logic of a mouse. Wonder what the hell I'm doing in college then.
May 6, 2009 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
To martin03345

removed-userMay 6, 2009 12:21 PM
May 6, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
The way you worded it though however only states that you see a drop in the animation production for Eden which is easy to see but it's not directed to other shows doing the same as well. You must be just implying it that it happens which it does, no disagreement there.

And you don't seem very lazy while posting. Your last two post were extraordinarily long. If anything seeing as you been giving me advice, I suggest you learn to be more concise. It'd go with your lazy tendencies and make people more willing to read your posts instead of skimming through trying to find the gist.

Also, claiming to being lazy is not an excuse to go out of your way to tell someone to learn to read or be condescending about the manner. Doesn't matter if you don't think it's offensive because others could think differently.

Finally, I'm not angered by someone challenging my opinions, I welcome it. I still think that you should give the show a bit more time, maybe one more episode or two before jumping on it saying it's being rushed and forced. If by then the occurrences happen, then you would be absolutely right, but for now, I feel that more is need to be shown because the plot as a whole is not fully exposed. You feel that the characters had no depth and were just there to advance the plot. I don't have time right now to elaborate in great detail why but you know we don't agree on that

Anyway I'm sorry if I caused confusion or acted like a tool myself
martin03345May 6, 2009 3:25 PM
May 6, 2009 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
Two down, ten more to go.
May 6, 2009 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
To martin03345

May 6, 2009 9:48 PM

Apr 2008
Once again for me being lazy and not fully reading your posts. Your right it is disrespectful for me to do so. I understand your argument better now. My bad
May 7, 2009 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
This anime sucks me right in straight from the start with the amazing OP from Oasis. Everything fits so well: character design, the story, the music. Possibly one of the best anime this season without a doubt. The doctor at least seemed very altruistic, and him dieing near the end was a sad event at the least, but necessary to advance the plot.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 7, 2009 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
That was quite a good episode, really explained the game this time.
May 7, 2009 7:49 PM

May 2009
So anyone have doubts about this anime?
May 10, 2009 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
So does this mean, that the Supporter is no. XII?
May 14, 2009 1:43 AM

Aug 2008
ntHai said:
So does this mean, that the Supporter is no. XII?

How do you figure? was there something I missed?

Also regardless this is quite the interesting show, I haven't been this intrigued since the beginning half of death note! keep up the good work!

May 14, 2009 10:35 PM

Apr 2007
Darkii said:
Cross Game, still best this season.

This.

And, yeah, poor doc. ;_;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 16, 2009 9:40 PM

Apr 2009
Really glad I'm not the only one who thought of the bobbleheads in Princess Mononoke during this episode.

May 17, 2009 10:56 PM

Dec 2007
A few more issues are finally explained that makes me understand clearly about him and others, and the story is just extraordinary because I am enjoying to watch this episode. I am more interesting to know about the supporter and Mr. Outside.
May 23, 2009 6:05 AM

Oct 2008
Hiura-sensei is a great person, what a pity...

This anime seems to be based off the Jason Bourne series with a more unique story to it. Those missile incidents are also quite mysterious..

May 24, 2009 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
I thought the doctor would turn out more sinister than that but seems he was a good guy, more is getting revealed about this game but not too much which is great, I'm enjoying this series more and more.
May 25, 2009 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:
First half of the episode was boring, but the second half managed to turn things around. Still a bit disappointing as it didn't explain a whole lot that wasn't pretty obvious and Saki is becoming little more than a nuisance, but overall a pretty decent episode.

I had the same thoughts about this episode.
May 30, 2009 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
Wow the plot thickens, so many things I want to know!
May 30, 2009 11:31 PM

Mar 2009
i love this series! damn akira is soooo cute! i want to gobble him up... oh well the epi where they kissed is oh soooo... romantic.... uhuhu! all hail higashi no eden!!!!! episode 8 here i come!
Jun 4, 2009 5:35 PM
Jun 2008
This anime is one of the best I've ever watched!

I wanna know who made up this "game"!
Jun 11, 2009 1:54 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty cool episode. Liking the anime so far...
Jul 19, 2009 6:22 AM

Sep 2008
kie_ said:
Also WTF was these white things?

And it was weird how quickly his temperament changed when dealing with them... after they bit (did they?) him.

I liked the explanations that have finally provided some answers... That doctor guy really was too nice. I was kinda surprised that Akira didn't even hesitate to take the medicine, but I guess he doesn't have to worry about the Supporter coming after him yet... (though he wouldn't have known that beforehand, so it's still weird that he just took the medicine even though it could very well have been poison. DX )
Jul 27, 2009 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
So the rules of the game have been revealed and we got 11 dudes trying to save the country.
Aug 27, 2009 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, I absolutely love this series. I'm also starting to notice some similarities to Fate/stay Night, u know the whole inescapable situation/game where the players are narrowed down little by little. Just thought I'd throw in that comment.....I love that kind of plot.

Jan 26, 2010 5:23 AM

Oct 2009
I just realized the whole OP theme is in English.

I know, I fail.
Mar 8, 2010 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
More and more questions with each episode, despite some of them being answered. So we know that he's not the Supporter. But who is? We also know that spending the money on something really good for society isn't enough - the goal i to save the country. What I don't get is why didn't Hiura's work count as one of the means to saving the country...And why Akira thought that taking 20k NEETs hostage (cause I don't really believe he killed them) would count xD

What is Akira smoking? Talking about the Johnny Horde, of course. Why the heck would he call that a Johnny? And why did one of the Johnnies unzip his pants? D:

Also, it was pretty obvious that Saki was in love with her brother-in-law, I think Ryousuke was his name xP The poster just confirms it.
CenedessMar 8, 2010 7:16 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 1, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
FINALLY we get some explanation as to what the hell is going on.
I'm liking the concepts so far, the game that they're playing is pretty intense.

Apr 5, 2010 11:59 AM
Oct 2009
i'm falling in love with this show ...!
Jun 3, 2010 7:57 PM

Mar 2009
Yata-sama said:
My thoughts after this ep:
Akira = Kira
Akira's Phone = Death Note

Lol. Not quite though.
Jul 12, 2010 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
kie_ said:
WTF was these white things?

I wondered that too x-x
I'm eager to find out who the supporter is X3
Aug 9, 2010 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
LovingHate said:
kie_ said:
WTF was these white things?

I wondered that too x-x
I'm eager to find out who the supporter is X3

totally
Aug 10, 2010 7:20 AM

Jan 2010
a litte boring but ok....4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 7:55 AM
Nov 2009
celestialcrab said:
I just realized the whole OP theme is in English.

I know, I fail.

lol
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

169 by curvedtree »»
Jul 13, 11:17 AM

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

403 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.