Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2009 3:42 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Words can't really descibe how perfect this series is, so I'll abstain to comment on this episode I think.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 1, 2009 3:54 AM

Jun 2008
This was fucked up, it really was.

Cross Game, still best this season.
May 1, 2009 4:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
And a few more core issues explained. Can't wait to see what happens next.

The incident at the bridge was interesting, and you can add another movie to the list of references.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 1, 2009 4:35 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting, we get to know more about the game.
Also WTF was these white things?
May 1, 2009 4:51 AM

Jan 2009
Wow, nice game. Can't wait to see what happens next. So Akira used part of the money to eliminate loads of NEETs?
May 1, 2009 7:14 AM

Dec 2008
My thoughts after this ep:
Akira = Kira
Akira's Phone = Death Note
May 1, 2009 8:40 AM

Oct 2007
Yata-sama said:
My thoughts after this ep:
Akira = Kira
Akira's Phone = Death Note

Yet this amazing anime has nothing to do with Death Note... unlike Code Geass.

I also hope that f**ked up mind trip on the bridge will be explained in the future but overall this episode was a real eye-opener, with some much needed exposition. I guess that getting rid of those 20,000 NEETs was for the good of the nation. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 8:46 AM

Dec 2007
lol, any human act like a god should go to hell.
May 1, 2009 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
the story is just phenomenal....im loving this
May 1, 2009 9:33 AM

Oct 2008
pretty much mindfucking plot if you ask to me, but that is why i love this anime.
BTW Good episode, but this has a better plot than death note.

Kenyi Kamiyama never dissapoint me.
May 1, 2009 9:42 AM
Jun 2008
Yeah, this series is pretty good. I hesitated to watch it, but I'm so glad I did.I'm also interested about the white alien things.

Getting rid of the NEETs would be good for the nation I suppose, lowering the unemployment rate but with Japan's population, its pretty insignificant number.That's only 0.413% of Japan's estimated unemployed as of 2007. (Google, assuming the whole population can work - so its inaccurate, but close enough) You also have extra work for those in the funeral industry. I'm not saying I support this action. The families must be devastated.

Good episode!
May 1, 2009 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
Interesting episode. Looking forward to the next episode.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
May 1, 2009 10:27 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode, but the previous one was better. Too little Saki imo.
May 1, 2009 11:13 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
sad that the doctor has to die....

lol what if the supporter betrays? Maybe the supporter is not actually one person....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 1, 2009 11:57 AM

Sep 2007
The scene at the bridge was pretty wtfhax. Too bad Hiura died, he was a good guy to the very end. Maybe the supporter is actually Mr. Outside himself!?
May 1, 2009 11:57 AM

Apr 2009
Interesting episode, i enjoyed the previous ones a little more but i liked all the issues being explained and the bridge scene was pretty cool, but it needed more Saki
May 1, 2009 12:28 PM

Mar 2009
The weird mutant things reminded me of the forest spirits from Princess Mononoke. Very strange indeed.
May 1, 2009 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
wow finally some questions are answered =D
lolz that doctor should have given the phone to Akira XD, dam he's generous offering half his money to the doctor.
Support -

i wonder who he rly is XD
May 1, 2009 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
ClearSinz said:
lolz that doctor should have given the phone to Akira XD, dam he's generous offering half his money to the doctor.

Well, even if he wanted, he couldn't. All the phones have fingerprint sensors..
as mentioned in the episode where the other Selecao (forgot his name/number) died.. ;)

That hallucination that Akira had was quite .. weird. For I moment I was scared it showed something of his 'real', former personality, how he suddenly flipped out a bit etc. We'll just have to see.

So, we met another Selecao, unfortunately he already died. Akira is still in the dark about everything..

Gah, just can't wait for the next episode :)
desolatoMay 1, 2009 3:32 PM
May 1, 2009 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, I love this show so much! Each week I'm reminded how glad I am that I didn't pass it up.

The mindtrip on the bridge was definitely interesting, and it creeped me out to see Akira suddenly go from nice to screaming at those things. The bit of information we got was great, but again it left so many more things to wonder about! Looking forward to next week, as always!
May 1, 2009 1:00 PM

Dec 2007
Man, the Selecao system is ultra fucked up. It really seems like a game that's impossible to win. I wonder how the NEETs have anything to do with Akira's quest to become the Messiah when he had his memories...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
This episode had me glued to the screen the entire time. My love for this show just keeps growing and growing. Can't wait for next week.
May 1, 2009 1:40 PM
Dec 2007
I'm pretty sure that those white creatures resembled the NEETs, but I suppose that was obvious. The way they were all over Akira could imply that he 'saved' them, and the NEETs thought so, too. However, the NEETs became fanatical, and it drove Akira to say, "to hell with this", and asked Juiz to get rid of them all.

I wondered if the brain surgeon was 'a bad guy', but when the elderly man said that he was a savior to them, I wondered, and thought that he couldn't be that horrid, really. But when Akira took the poison, alarm bells went off. Turned out he was as nice as I first imagined he'd be. Just taking it all in his stride, with his grace. He accepts that he'll be killed, and hopes that the hospital will continue to flourish in his absence. A truly kind person, it's a shame to lose him, really. Just because the hospital doesn't fit in with Mr. Outside's ideals.

And Selecao; it truly is all a game. I had a vague idea that everyone would be competing to be the 'messiah', and I was right on the ball. Rather harsh that the remaining members will be killed off, but justified, in a way. I suppose this puts them all under incredible pressure, and I'm guessing we'll meet a particular obsessive, delusional, ambitious member with a god-complex. Although if Mr. Outside selected them all personally, they all probably had very strong thoughts about wanting to change the world. Or, he may have just picked them out of sheer boredom. The brain surgeon even said that he was bored before he was given the role, and Akira appeared to be a pizza deliverer, or something along those lines.

I kind of wondered who the Supporter was. I really thought that it was Kondou, though. Why else would he have a diary like that? But anyway, the Supporter appears to be a guy with a rather wide frame, who has a tendency to dress in suits. I'm somewhat disappointed. I'll be even more disappointed if it turns out to be the sister's fiancee, or something.

So, Saki and her sister's fiancée, eh? But we figured that out from last episode. I feel sorry for Ohsugi. He clearly adores her, but he's most likely always being compared to the sister's fiancée, and now, Akira. Back to normality, it's clear that she's still pretty stuck on this mysterious, charismatic guy. And who wouldn't be?

Overall, anther excellent episode. Seemed slow at times, but I still fully enjoyed it.
May 1, 2009 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
desolato said:
ClearSinz said:

Well, even if he wanted, he couldn't. All the phones have fingerprint sensors..
as mentioned in the episode where the other Selecao (forgot his name/number) died.. ;)

That halucination that Akira had was quite .. weird. For I moment I was scared it showed something of his 'real', former personality, how he suddenly flipped out a bit etc. We'll just have to see.

So, we met another Selecao, unfortunately he already died. Akira is still in the dark about everything..

Gah, just can't wait for the next episode :)

o true true , but wat i had in mind was couldn't Akira take that phone and later use it as a bait to fool other Selecaos ( as in the ones who dont know about the finger print thing)? Would be great if he could get more info from the other "players".
May 1, 2009 3:08 PM

Feb 2009
gasteropod said:
The weird mutant things reminded me of the forest spirits from Princess Mononoke. Very strange indeed.

My thought exactly when I saw them.
More information about that game, but can anyone save a country with that little money? How in the world can one man do to save a country? Kira failed, Lelouch paid the ultimate price, I wonder what Akira will come up with?
May 1, 2009 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
It was her sister's husband and not fiance, wasn't it? Oh, well, small detail.

I'm still not convinced that Akira killed all those NEETs, especially with Hiura unwilling to say so. (Of course, that might be because he didn't want to traumatize the "current" Akira ...) Perhaps he somehow improved their lives instead. The white skeletal things may be a manifestation of his guilt, or not.

That's what I love about this series (so far) -- there's plenty of mystery to pull me along, but I feel like the creators know what they're doing and where they're headed. The characters continue to be interesting too; I love Akira, and as someone about to graduate college and feeling clueless, I can relate to Saki. Though I hope the two of them reunite soon, I also like the information we're getting about the Selecao and this messiah "game."

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 1, 2009 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
My theory is that Akira had good intentions for how to manage and inspire NEETs to become a productive part of society that probably went horribly wrong somewhere along the line. Just like Kondou or many other people with power in history, he initially had strong good intentions and went off astray down the wrong path. Either way, he must have done something terribly wrong and decided to kill himself and be reborn anew by wiping his memory. It also rids him of any lasting burden of guilt.

It kind of brings up something interesting questions though. If he destroyed his memories, his past, and his old self, would he still be held accountable for any sins he committed? Afterall, clearing your memory of everything is the equivalent of committing suicide in my opinion. The new you will only share the same body but not necessarily the same thoughts, personality, or past experiences. Anyways, I'll definitely continue watching this one.
May 1, 2009 3:21 PM
Jan 2009
I still don't know what's going on except that according to some people in the series, Japan really needs drastic help. Anyway, I love a twisted story!
May 1, 2009 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
EPIC
May 1, 2009 3:45 PM

May 2008
I honestly think the show would be better if they removed the girl.

I like the movie references but they are using every opportunity to make, the old man one was totally out of place.
May 1, 2009 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
Enjoyable episode, nice and slow with lots of explanations on the game.
May 1, 2009 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
This series keeps getting more interesting and mysterious as we learn more. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's Death Note all over again yet the storyline is really hard to guess...I'm captured by each episode. I like how we know about as much as Akira, so we're learning at the same time he is. I feel sorry for the poor girl who likes Akira but knows nothing about the events surrounding him. ^_^
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
May 1, 2009 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
Fantastic episode. Didn't love it because I'm still kind of waiting to see what Saki's home life has to do with anything. But really, I'm just down for the ride because they managed to clear up everything concerning Selacaos and focus in on Akira.
May 1, 2009 6:09 PM
Nov 2007
wonder wtf that was at the bridge. also, poor old dr.. : (

wonder how many of the selecao's are close to finishing their money supply..
May 1, 2009 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
RetroRainbow said:
I'm pretty sure that those white creatures resembled the NEETs, but I suppose that was obvious. The way they were all over Akira could imply that he 'saved' them, and the NEETs thought so, too. However, the NEETs became fanatical, and it drove Akira to say, "to hell with this", and asked Juiz to get rid of them all.

I wondered if the brain surgeon was 'a bad guy', but when the elderly man said that he was a savior to them, I wondered, and thought that he couldn't be that horrid, really. But when Akira took the poison, alarm bells went off. Turned out he was as nice as I first imagined he'd be. Just taking it all in his stride, with his grace. He accepts that he'll be killed, and hopes that the hospital will continue to flourish in his absence. A truly kind person, it's a shame to lose him, really. Just because the hospital doesn't fit in with Mr. Outside's ideals.

And Selecao; it truly is all a game. I had a vague idea that everyone would be competing to be the 'messiah', and I was right on the ball. Rather harsh that the remaining members will be killed off, but justified, in a way. I suppose this puts them all under incredible pressure, and I'm guessing we'll meet a particular obsessive, delusional, ambitious member with a god-complex. Although if Mr. Outside selected them all personally, they all probably had very strong thoughts about wanting to change the world. Or, he may have just picked them out of sheer boredom. The brain surgeon even said that he was bored before he was given the role, and Akira appeared to be a pizza deliverer, or something along those lines.

I kind of wondered who the Supporter was. I really thought that it was Kondou, though. Why else would he have a diary like that? But anyway, the Supporter appears to be a guy with a rather wide frame, who has a tendency to dress in suits. I'm somewhat disappointed. I'll be even more disappointed if it turns out to be the sister's fiancee, or something.

So, Saki and her sister's fiancée, eh? But we figured that out from last episode. I feel sorry for Ohsugi. He clearly adores her, but he's most likely always being compared to the sister's fiancée, and now, Akira. Back to normality, it's clear that she's still pretty stuck on this mysterious, charismatic guy. And who wouldn't be?

Overall, anther excellent episode. Seemed slow at times, but I still fully enjoyed it.

Those white creatures was a Doctor Who reference, bro. They're call Autons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auton
May 1, 2009 7:13 PM

Aug 2007
Epic. That is all.
May 1, 2009 7:21 PM

Apr 2008
This show has yet to fail me.
May 1, 2009 7:32 PM

Aug 2008
Man this series rules. I want more!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 1, 2009 8:14 PM

Sep 2008
This series is just brilliant!!!! We finally got to learn about how the game works and it definitely wasn't what i expected. The episode was so well paced and very informative. My only questions atm will be, how will Saki have involvement with him apart from romance because i just feel like there will be something else. And what was with the start at the bomb zone? was he seeing a memory? Seems interesting. Possibly the best this season.
May 1, 2009 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
so 4, 5, and 9 are not the supporter, but what can they do that would be worthy of not being killed?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 1, 2009 8:30 PM

Feb 2009
Looking back at things, isn't the guy at the begining that's talking to Juiz the Supporter? Or is it Mr. Outside? But then would he have a phone with Selecao numbers on it would he? Hmmmm. Looks like Takizawa was about to be killed maybe that's why he wiped his memory.
May 1, 2009 8:34 PM
Oct 2007
he better saved them or I'll cry some bitch tears.
May 1, 2009 8:38 PM
Nov 2007
Good to see this show is still maintaining an excellent standard.
Saki likes her brother in law? Judging from the movie poster in their house.
May 1, 2009 9:04 PM

Apr 2009
i wonder what's supporter really is...
PM me and let's be friends.
May 1, 2009 10:39 PM

May 2008
This continues to be my favorite of the season, each episode just draws me in even more.
May 1, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
So, Selecao X will be the next one to be terminated.

Damn it, this is a sicko game.
zaon47May 1, 2009 11:05 PM
May 1, 2009 11:08 PM
Nov 2008
Quite interesting series.
Too lazy to analyze stuff, I'll just enjoy the ride and hope for a happy ending.

May 2, 2009 2:41 AM

Apr 2008
quite an interesting show i find xD .. wonder how will this series end

May 2, 2009 2:50 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
KuroNoMango said:
Quite interesting series.
Too lazy to analyze stuff, I'll just enjoy the ride and hope for a happy ending.
agreed. this is definitely one of those animes where it's best just to sit and watch the amazingness :)
p r o f i l e 👀
May 2, 2009 3:09 AM

Oct 2008
I was a bit dsappointed at the creatures because I didn't expect the anime to have sci-fi element but it was alright.
Can someone post a recap to the story so far?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.