Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 2, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2012
davidphamle said:
HowTragic said:

Spring 2014 anime done right in the form of Knights of Sidonia, No Game No Life, and Hitsugi no Chaika.

SPOT ON my friend. Isshukan Friend, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and Brynhildr are also decent for this season.

Brynhildr is good, but I disagree with you about Isshukan Friend and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. Boring slice of life with boring school kids are not worth watching.
May 2, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2013
thepath said:
davidphamle said:
HowTragic said:

Spring 2014 anime done right in the form of Knights of Sidonia, No Game No Life, and Hitsugi no Chaika.

SPOT ON my friend. Isshukan Friend, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and Brynhildr are also decent for this season.

Brynhildr is good, but I disagree with you about Isshukan Friend and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. Boring slice of life with boring school kids are not worth watching.

It doesn't need to always be dark, gory, violent and depressing to make it a good anime. I think Isshukan Friends and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou have done really well in the Slice of Life/Comedy/Romance genre, without the usual moe/fan service bullshit.

Still, we need more Seinen anime for mature audience, too much craps out there already, the overall quality of anime nowadays keep getting worse and worse. At least there is a gem like Sidonia no Kishi for this season and as far as the manga goes, it will keep getting better and I hope the anime will be as well.
May 2, 2014 11:38 PM

Feb 2008
Good lord, the splat is strong with this episode. Super excited for this show though, love the atmosphere and feel, its just such a disturbing show that its so fascinating. Best Sci-Fi show from what I've seen so far.
yahzeeMay 2, 2014 11:44 PM
May 3, 2014 12:08 AM

Feb 2013
I keep falling more in love with this series.
That sudden gravitational shift had me on the edge of my seat. I can't get my head around that extra character that just flew on by without latching on. All I could think was "well that sucks".
yaHzee said:
... its just such a disturbing show that its so fascinating. Best Sci-Fi show from what I've seen so far.

Agreed. This show has such a different feel from alot of the sci fi anime I've seen. I really enjoy it.
May 3, 2014 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
Looks like Hoshijiro is okay... for now. Most everyone else went splat.
May 3, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2012
davidphamle said:
thepath said:
davidphamle said:
HowTragic said:

It doesn't need to always be dark, gory, violent and depressing to make it a good anime. I think Isshukan Friends and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou have done really well in the Slice of Life/Comedy/Romance genre, without the usual moe/fan service bullshit.

Still, we need more Seinen anime for mature audience, too much craps out there already, the overall quality of anime nowadays keep getting worse and worse. At least there is a gem like Sidonia no Kishi for this season and as far as the manga goes, it will keep getting better and I hope the anime will be as well.

I don't hate romance and comedy and I never said that anime need to be dark to be good. But judging from the 1st episode of Isshukan Friends and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, both sucks when it comes to romance and comedy

Comedy anime are supposed to make you laugh. Isshukan Friends and Bokura completely fails at that. On the other hand, Kenzen Robo Daimidaler makes me laugh like every few min while watching.

For romance I prefer something deep, emotional, and mature. A good example for this is "The Princess and the Pilot" film.
May 3, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2010
The anime just topped the season with this episode. It's potentially one of the best animes for the last few years.

Nagate is also an awesome MC.
May 3, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
thepath said:
davidphamle said:
thepath said:
davidphamle said:
HowTragic said:

Comedy anime are supposed to make you laugh. Isshukan Friends and Bokura completely fails at that. On the other hand, Kenzen Robo Daimidaler makes me laugh like every few min while watching.

For romance I prefer something deep, emotional, and mature. A good example for this is "The Princess and the Pilot" film.

Can't judge an anime based on only the 1st episode alone my friend, a lot of anime doesn't have a good start but it may start blooming afterwards, you never know. I like Princess and the Pilot as well, other than that Sakurasou & White Album 2 are another example for me.

Sidonia no Kishi will have a really weird romance when you get further in, can't wait for that to happen. For those people who wondered why most of the female characters in this anime looked the same:
May 3, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2012
04:10 you sure>

07:23 holie...

17:01 wut...?

18:13 NOOO Hoshijiroっっっ

20:58 go save my Hoshijiro

8.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 3, 2014 5:08 AM
Feb 2013
looks like Nagate is becoming a celebrity after he kill that Guana, and white hair guy is jealous.

Geeez, why couldn't they just nuke that space monster.
May 3, 2014 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
All I can say is that I hope that damn bear got splatted during the acceleration, would help make that plot hole a little shallower if they could get rid of that damn creature.
May 3, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2008
wow, 20 minutes of action. Since I'm only watching anime, I can speculate to my heart's content. My guess would be, that gauna is something human-made (or modified), that's why they are trying to keep it away from Sidonia (so no one would be able to verify that). It would be close to what the anti-military old man said in ep. 2, or 3.

Suddenly, it became the only series this season, that I can't wait for the next episode (and I was sure nothing will top Mushishi for me).
-
May 3, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2007
NwAurion said:

Is there even any show that killed off the supposed main character and took a totally different, unexpected turn? Not *some* major character, but the one and only super-badass MC who can survive anything?

Not an anime, but
does it near the end of its first season. The

There have been other cases in fiction, less so in anime, where you would have regular change of lead characters.

HimJL7 said:
All I can say is that I hope that damn bear got splatted during the acceleration, would help make that plot hole a little shallower if they could get rid of that damn creature.

Not seeing any plot holes so far. Bear creature fits right in into the setting.
May 3, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2011
HimJL7 said:

lol poor bear
May 3, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
Btw, is it just me or does the sidonia look like a Space Hulk? From the look of it, whoever built it didn't start with much of a plan and ad-libbed quite a bit.

I really wonder what happened in the past, since certain techs (like those lances) are def. lostech while they excel at genetic modifications.

Anyways, MC went BA mode this time, kickin that tentacoolthingies ass (or rather, piercing that ass with his mighty spear... sounds just a bit more wrong :) )
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 3, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2012
HimJL7 said:

What is your problem with talking bears?

As I said before, she has her reasons for being a "bear".
May 3, 2014 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
HimJL7 said:
Theres a reason for her being a bear. The anime(at least this season) wont get to that though.
May 3, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2011
Wow, I was on the edge of my seat there, even counting with the countdown.

Had to laugh at people getting splattered against the buildings... but that whole scene was great. Physics. :3

And Tanikaze taking down that Gauna single handed was epic. I thought he would hesitate for a moment because it took that girl's form again, but nope! Bam. Hit the core.

And you're all missing Ping Pong The Animation for good series this season... :O
May 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2011
a single Gauna can wiped out the elite 4 and caused such many deaths inside Sidonia even before it enter inside the ship...
May 3, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
They could have avoided the mass tomato splat genocide, if they would have just sent out the entire Army to begin with.

I really enjoyed watching this episode.

ArdenFolgore said:
MAL Score Logic:
Knights Of Cydonia 7.31
Well Written Sci-Fi story with awesome sound effects and interesting 3d style. It's only drawback is that the framerate is shit.
Mahouka 7.98
Regular shonen crap with incest-related jokes, weak story and harem elements. I heard that the light novel is much better.

WTF? In my opinion, Cydonia is worth much higher score

The scores on MAL are never really reflected on how the anime truly is. There are too many trolls on here that just down-vote everything. The descriptions of the anime series on here never really follow with what the anime really is, they leave out plenty of genres and tags that the anime series should have. I've always watched the first episode to see if I liked it or not.
May 3, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
MAL score: 7.38. This must be the most underrated anime this season. I know that there are people who understands the brilliancy of the story, but are there really that many more who can't comprehend this beauty?

I swear to god the people who have voted a low score for this show are just some dumb horny teenagers who lack the intellect to watch this.

This show and the voting for it should be off limits from the filthy kids who roam these forums. After all, this is tagged seinen, aka fuck off kids.
May 3, 2014 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
I pity those who dropped this.
May 3, 2014 11:19 AM
Jun 2008
Czechbiohazard said:
They could have avoided the mass tomato splat genocide, if they would have just sent out the entire Army to begin with.

No they couldn't have. Don't forget, with the Kabizashi spear that Nagate recovered, they have 27 in total. If they equipped everyone with them and send them out, the Gauna would have wiped them out (because remember Akai's team was the strongest and it didn't stand a chance), they would have lost the only means with which they can destroy the Gaunas, and Sidonia would have been lost.

What the captain did this episode was the only choice that ensured the maximum chance for Sidonia's survival.
May 3, 2014 12:53 PM
May 2014
i had the thought that the main character was thinking "bitch is more important to me than my rare weapon so i will just drop this Kabizashi spear here in the middle of nowhere' when the fact is the spears are rare stuff on the ship. 27 existing was it? why cant they mass produce that stuff!?

nice anime so far...
May 3, 2014 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
So I'm having a hard time understanding how Sidonia is built, but I guess there may be more on that later. And also there has to be a better safety protocol than just hold on tight kids. Helmets??

Nagate's flashbacks of all of his ~memories with the elite squad...like what lol I'm just going to pretend they did that on purpose.

A really good episode overall though! Seemed way too short and the animation changed or something. Nagate just doing his thing though.
May 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
Czechbiohazard said:

Nope.

Gauna has been proven to be far stronger than expected.
They have limited amount of spears and can't make more.
IF Gauna wiped the teams sent against them they would loose even more spears.
IF the teams failed, Gauna would come upon Sidonia and the death toll would be far greater than this.

Thus it makes sense to sacrifice few(dozens of) lives if the alternative is the chance of whole humanity being wiped out.
May 3, 2014 1:07 PM
Oct 2012
Anon1409 said:
MAL score: 7.38. This must be the most underrated anime this season. I know that there are people who understands the brilliancy of the story, but are there really that many more who can't comprehend this beauty?

I swear to god the people who have voted a low score for this show are just some dumb horny teenagers who lack the intellect to watch this.

This show and the voting for it should be off limits from the filthy kids who roam these forums. After all, this is tagged seinen, aka fuck off kids.

Just out of curiosity, what is so "brilliant" about this show?

Not to say that it hasn't been interesting to date, but that is different from saying that this show is so superior to everything else, and we are still early in and this could flame out like Suisei or Fractale eventually did.
May 3, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
THAT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!! The suspense, visuals and that OST/Sound design!!! That was superb! Simply the best episode of the whole season! Nagate just owned that Guana!! Dam that was badass!!! Gotta be one of the best Sci-Fi anime out there! If not the best right now.

Jumped the score from 8/10 to 10/10!
AozureMay 3, 2014 2:51 PM
May 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
The sound effects are insane.

All the blood was insane.

This episode was insane.

5/5.
"Komugi, are you there?"

May 3, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2011
Tanikaze gonna rescue his future
girlfriend ^^
May 3, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2012
Best on-going anime!
Amazing sound and video effects.
Love these unique model style, reminds me of good old mecha.
May 3, 2014 4:43 PM
Apr 2014
Emergency acceleration FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE

Dem insane sound effects O.O

Kunato being a dick and Tanikaze being OP as fuck and off to rescue the princess. Fame doesn't last though, and this is Nihei we're talking about meaning that the problems are going to increase exponentially from here on out (no sarcasm - literally). This was one Gauna, who knows how many millions there are out there.

Edit: Looks like Hoshijiro has quite the fan base here.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
May 3, 2014 5:00 PM
Apr 2014
Swordnoob said:

Edit: Looks like Hoshijiro has quite the fan base here.

Izana > Hoshijiro always for me.
deityignisMay 3, 2014 5:36 PM
May 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2012
Very intense episode o_o
May 3, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2013
Wow i feel like all those deaths were kinda in vain seeing how Nagate killed it in a instant.

Point of no return?!?! Noooooo.....
My Candies:
May 3, 2014 8:05 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode!

That "uneven acceleration" did the kind of real damage I like to see in my anime. Wow that was intense.
May 4, 2014 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
To me this show is without a single doubt best show of this season.
And this season is really good in my opinion. Haikyuu, Baby steps, Black bullet, Chaika, all really good shows, but this one really shines above them.
OP song is brilliant, atmosphere is great, characters, no matter how similar they look, are all getting some development, it's dark, it's cruel, it's everything I like.

Huge, huge shame many people dismiss it based only on CGI. And I was close to doing it in the first 5 or so minutes as well, simply because I hate this style as well.
But oh God would I miss on something awesome if I did it.
May 4, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
This show is going to force me to buy a better headset. My old $70 razer just isn't gonna cut it anymore.
May 4, 2014 9:25 AM
Dec 2012
That was the most intense episode so far. Loved it! Too bad there's only 12 episodes.

btw. Sidonia looks like a pistol without the grip.
幾千光年の孤独
May 4, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 2011
I'm slowly beginning to get used to CGI, so it didn't annoy me so much this time, the ep was surely interesting.

For people who don't understand why some of us have problem with CGI characters I think the following nicely explains what we feel:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UncannyValley

That's why CGI humans animations should be either done VERY good, or avoided, because otherwise some people think: "this human act like a doll, its creepy"

By the way. I have to say that it's weird that no-one was prepared for failure of the first group. Just what the hell, why didn't they consider that there might be a need for evasive maneuver like that, or in the worst case even the fight inside of the colony? Why didn't they simply tell people to hide and assure to be safe, so there won't be a genocide like that ? :(
SwiftflashMay 4, 2014 5:56 PM
May 4, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, what a fucking stressing episode.

Nagate is such a boss. His balls are bigger than the spaceship. He even go to save Hoshijiro, what a magnificant motherfucker.

Fuck, I almost pissed myself when they were counting before the impact. It would have been more than catastrophic.

The scene where everyone had to find hook up was fucking stressing too. Those people falling down and huge weackage... That was super brutal.

Great episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 4, 2014 7:37 PM
Apr 2013
So glad I gave this a chance. My favorite of the season (okay, no, I lied, it's tied with Mushishi), definitely.

The training of the recruits/pilots is reeeeally bad though. Considering how militaristic the commander lady is, I don't really get why. But those trainees, when they were given the command to disengage from their quad-thing, and so many seconds ticked by and they were just all 'huh, what? were they talking to us?' before getting owned by the higgs cannon (higgs! I actually know a thing! for once!) ... I winced. I'm not sure if the author is trying to show how bad the military training is, or . . . I don't know, poor writing? I'll assume the former. (Nagate at least has the excuse of being ridiculously new to the whole military thing)

Going to be reading the manga once this is over. I've been sold since the finger break incident in the first episode, the splats confirmed it. I haven't had a genuine flinch like that from anime in a loooong time (something about the sounds/animation gave me some visceral sympathy!).

Please don't screw this up ! Sci fi love. <3
May 4, 2014 8:27 PM
Oct 2012
The problem with having a job is that you fall behind the animation schedule, I completely missed that the fourth episode was out.

Loved the mass driver, in space you don't need lasers or great weapons, all you need is mass and speed, hell even water at this speed would be deadly. That was a good bit of science there (though considering that they did have water, had they ported it, that might have been enough) and they did a good job at explaining that to the trainees (screw up and you are lost forever).

Still hate the masked leader, not so much because of her decisions, but because I would never trust such a leader, and given the doubts the command team has, I wonder why they follow her. That aside, given the basic laws of physics, that was the right decision and assuming that they didn't have water to spare (in that they have to mine it, that is an acceptable assumption) the drastic acceleration off of the course of the creature was all they could do, though the results were horrific. That is what sets this show above most visual depictions of SF, they have the science right.

I like how battered their uniforms are. That is the best way to show how scarce resources are without jumping up and down proclaiming this fact.

Nice cliff hanger, so how will they exceed the laws of physics?
May 4, 2014 8:30 PM
Oct 2012
simplewhimsy said:
The training of the recruits/pilots is reeeeally bad though. Considering how militaristic the commander lady is, I don't really get why.

I think this can best be explained by the 100 year gap between encounters. Theory is great until the first encounter with the enemy, so that probably 5 generations have no practical combat experience, it isn't that surprising that the training failed.
May 4, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2009
Omg Tanikaze

I like character's like his. He's not a dick, he's brave and generally just awesome.

Swiftflash said:

By the way. I have to say that it's weird that no-one was prepared for failure of the first group.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I mean that was a big fuck up and to not be prepared or think about the possibility of losing is just ridiculous.
May 5, 2014 2:53 AM
Nov 2010
Yeah those splats definitely got my attention. I actually thought the whole idea of uneven acceleration and of evasive manuevers in general as well as the damage structurally causing was brilliant. I would've thought, especially at the military academy they would've put more rails. I'd like to say that the engineers should've made the structural integrity be able to take more extreme evasive maneuvering but I suppose like any emergency the captain could've gone not only past the safe limits, the buffer in the limits, and pretty much to the almost complete structural failure limits. xD..Only other reason I can think of is that the ship is really old and can't be easily retro-fitted to be stronger...

Overall I really enjoyed this episode but felt really distracted by the lack of military discipline. I couldn't believe it when her officer was questioning her orders and wasting precious seconds of evasive time or additional time for all residents and personnel to brace themselves for maneuver. From a story standpoint, it explained to the audience the consequences but from a immersion standpoint- it was hard to overlook.

Then, you also have Nagate doing whatever the heck he wants- which since he's so new it's more understandable but there seems to be this trending habit that pilots can do whatever the heck they want, putting at risk their mech but also the spear. Than you also have the Commander's Aide, Ichirō Seii, telling him to try to tow his comrades away when clearly when all his comrades fully functional got blasted. So if he tries to tow them, moving even slower..they'd all get blasted again. He doesn't seem very helpful. O.o Sigh... it's a bit irritating but the battle was pretty exciting regardless- wish that aspect would be a bit more realistic since it seemed like there was a lot of thought put into the evasive maneuvers in space. One thing I'm wondering though is how the Guana not only dodged the HMD but was still able to recorrect it's trajectory to still catch up to Sidonia. Either it was a huge miscalculation on the weapons officer part or under-estimation of the Guana's true evasive abilities by the Captain. Ugh.. maybe I shouldn't think too much into it. xD

Btw, when they brought out all 256 units the first thing I wondered, was why send only 4 units the first time to expose the core and kill it when they could've sent more. o.o
yngtadpoleMay 5, 2014 3:16 AM
May 5, 2014 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
Man, when I first started this the CGI was really unsettling for me, but the gruesomeness of the scenes(like the people just splatting everywhere), the Gauna that appears to adapt to whatever it eats or absorbs, characters and plot of the story have just really reeled me in.

I'm still questionable on our MC as while I do enjoy how he's straight forward in battle I feel like he's really different when he talks. Although that could just be apart of his character and he'll probably just grow more as time passes.

Definitely a nice surprise, I didn't really expect much after seeing how it looked in the first episode, but every single episode so far was left on a really high note and making me want to see what happens next.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 5, 2014 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
Very disappointed in the number of people not commenting on the beautiful sound effects.
May 5, 2014 1:52 PM
Feb 2013
Wind_Falcon said:
Czechbiohazard said:

No they couldn't have. Don't forget, with the Kabizashi spear that Nagate recovered, they have 27 in total. If they equipped everyone with them and send them out, the Gauna would have wiped them out (because remember Akai's team was the strongest and it didn't stand a chance), they would have lost the only means with which they can destroy the Gaunas, and Sidonia would have been lost.

What the captain did this episode was the only choice that ensured the maximum chance for Sidonia's survival.

Hmm. While I love the anime and the concepts it uses, somehow your explanation doesn't seem to fit very well, logically speaking.

1) If 'the Gauna would have wiped them out' if all were send to him, why do they...you know...send them all against it now? If one is sure 260 are going to be wiped out, then why would 256 be able to beat it the second time?

2) Actually, the premise of it is already wrong. One can say that AFTER the facts; because we've seen the results. Obviously, you can't know that in front. Thus, within the story, that argument doesn't fly. Because, think about it; if they were convinced - in story - on beforehand that a Gauna could wipe out 260 knights, it's absolute insane to send out 4 mechs and expect those to be able to win.

Note, that the original poster said 'to begin with'; aka, that they should have send out all the knights from the start (the first time), or, indeed, much sooner the second time. For the first hypothesis, you didn't bring any arguments forth, and for the second, you said they'll all get wiped out, but they were going to do it anyway, after the splatter and thousands of deaths, thus why not prepare for that contingency from the start?

3) Ergo, within the story/anime, it's clear they thought the team of 4 had a winning chance. That was the whole purpose of sending the team out there and giving them two spears, after all. In fact, if anything, I would say they seemingly thought it would pose little trouble for them, see my point below.

4) In fact, it was poor judgement to send only one team without any backup, period. Were they so overconfident and full of hubris that they thought that one team of 4, who never fought a Gauna before - a creature which wiped out 90% of Sidonia - would be more than enough, so not even a backup was provided? Nor even a backup-plan thought of, it would seem? They thought there was no need for any contingencies, like, what to do if they would fail, and make preliminary preparations for that? Really?

In any real military operation, this would be very hard to believe. One can speculate they lost their touch a bit after 100 years of inactivity, or they were too full of themselves, but neither options feel wholly convincing, seeing they 1)were in a state of war for 100 years and the pilots were drilled during that time, and 2) they seemed pretty nervous, including the female leader, when confronting the Gauna, which contradicts overflowing confidence a team of 4 would easily manage it.

With a back-up team of the second-bests giving extra cover, it might well have been possible to shave off enough placenta so the tentacles wouldn't reach, or the core would have exposed long enough. Granted, that too, they couldn't know beforehand, but providing for backup and redundancy, and a second team for supporting the first team, and to take over when they fail, is fairly basic in all operations, and certainly military ones.
AnimageNebyMay 5, 2014 1:59 PM
May 5, 2014 3:10 PM
Apr 2014
Pretty sure the captain sent the first squad out knowing they might not come back. Since she only gave them only two kabi instead of equipping the whole squad with them, and potentially loosing four of the only means to kill a gauna.

Also sending out the whole army to fight one enemy might not be the best of ideas, since they would loose more soldiers and mechs. Where as civilians can just be replaced easily, but soldiers have to be trained. That and them sending out 256 knights seems more like a last resort to protect their defenses.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

228 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 26, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.