Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 28, 2014 3:54 PM
Aug 2011
Rivayne said:
The artstyle in natsume is horrible.

Natsume Yuujinchou?
Ah hell no. I feel the need to slap some sense into you.
Apr 28, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 2013
Reciprocal said:
JD2411 said:
anyone who said they didn't like clannad's art is wrong

Someone's asshurt.
no, that's your mum after her shift finishes
Apr 28, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
The people who think all shoujo art styles suck should check out Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. The art style looks gorgeous.
Apr 28, 2014 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
The people who think all shoujo art styles suck should check out Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. The art style looks gorgeous.

And this.
Apr 28, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
JD2411 said:
Reciprocal said:
JD2411 said:

Someone's asshurt.

I just got owned.
Apr 28, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
tsudecimo said:
hack5 said:
i dont really like shaft anime

How many did you watch?

Did you watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Maria†Holic, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Denpa Onna?

Arakawa Under the Bridge 1st season
Bakemonogatari
Dance in the Vampire Bund
ef: A Tale of Memories
Maria†Holic
Mekakucity Actors
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Nisekoi
Mahou Shoujo Madoka
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
to name a few
dont get me wrong the stories is really good but
you know its shaft world the minute the show starts
which could be good or bad
Apr 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 2013
Zetrin said:
Korrvo said:
Dimitrije1606 said:
FMA:B. I just cant stand it.
How? There's like nothing noticeably weird about the artstyle at all.

I was going to ask the same thing but it'll probably be "it has a childish artstyle" or something like that. For whatever his statement was supposed to mean, he still rated it a 9

I do not think it is childish, I just don't like it. You know, there are some things which you don't like by default. I don't really understand what types of animations exist, but I don't like any similar to this one. More notable example is FT 2014.
There you have it, blind fanboys and girls, I said it. FMA:B is not as great as all of you say. Still, it is one of better anime out there, so I cant complain. I gave it 9 after all.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 28, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
Reciprocal said:
JD2411 said:
Reciprocal said:
JD2411 said:

Someone's asshurt.

I just got owned.

After her "shift" finishes. Lol
Damn, I'm laughing so hard.

But yeah, anything like Clannad I guess. Just looks awkward
Apr 28, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:
DrGeroCreation said:

And this.
Yeah that looks good, no noodle arms in sight.
Apr 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
hack5 said:
[...]

But the animation style is different between these shows, aside from certain signature moves. Like take Denpa Onna and compare it to Bakemonogatari or Sayonora.
Apr 28, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
Code Geass. Dear god, the characters..
Apr 28, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Artstyle never seems to bother me like others. Guess I just ain't shallow.

This. I can usually ignore artstyle is the content is good. I think people just over-exaggerate most of the time or seem to not like anything that isn't typical.
Apr 28, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2012
SolBlade said:
I'm honestly not a fan of Clannad's art stsyle.

One of the reasons I don't want to watch that show.
Apr 28, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Nvortex said:
Code Geass. Dear god, the characters..
toothpick skinny is so kawai
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 28, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
SuperRed said:
SolBlade said:

That's a silly reason. Just watch it, the show is a good experience, I guess
Apr 28, 2014 4:19 PM
Mar 2013
SuperRed said:
SolBlade said:

Watch it because it is factually the best anime ever made
Apr 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
JD2411 said:
SuperRed said:
SolBlade said:

Watch it because it is factually the best anime ever made

Their eyes are so huge though. O.o it was a pretty good series though.
Apr 28, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2013
anything kyoto makes me hurt inside
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 28, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2012
parfaited said:
Rivayne said:

Natsume Yuujinchou?
Ah hell no. I feel the need to slap some sense into you.
did I strike a nerve? The art style in that anime is God awful although the show itself is like a Ok version of mushishi
Apr 28, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Also the artstyle in Snk was pretty mediocre
Apr 28, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
I think this topic was already made. Well, i'll just copy and paste what i put in that other thread:

The only art styles that i've ever consider bad and that have made me avoid a series in my life are:
-The anime of Aku no Hana.
-Ping Pong The Animation.
I seriously can't look at images of these two for too long. I'm afraid i'll get eye cancer.

Outside of those, i haven't been bothered by any other art style.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 28, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Huge eyes, pointy chins.

One Piece is my favourite art style, because the characters aren't just the typical 10231923123014th guy with black hair covering one eye and I like the animation style.
Apr 28, 2014 4:50 PM

May 2013
One Piece is definitely one of my favorite styles just because of how different it is. I also love Hiromu Arakawa's art style. (FMA, Silver Spoon, Hero Tales, etc)

I don't really dislike any anime styles, although the "generic" styles can get bland.
Apr 28, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2010
tsudecimo said:
hack5 said:
[...]

But the animation style is different between these shows, aside from certain signature moves. Like take Denpa Onna and compare it to Bakemonogatari or Sayonora.

yes i could get that shows like denpa is different but its because they tone down the shaftness which is all im asking for
Apr 28, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
Kill la Kill is ugly as sin. any art major could do better
Ouch.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 28, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
These shoujo artstyles with triangular faces. Just no.

Also the stereotypical visual novel art. Ueh.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Apr 28, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
Emnay said:
anything kyoto makes me hurt inside

weren't you a haruhi fan?

OT: Shinbou animation makes my eyes bleed (for animation)
I dislike the moe arstyle
Inb4notanartstyle
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 28, 2014 5:33 PM

Nov 2012
Cupquake said:
That's a silly reason. Just watch it, the show is a good experience, I guess

That's actually another reason I don't want to watch it. Don't ask why.
Apr 28, 2014 5:35 PM

Jul 2011
When they make the characters look like lil freakin' kids. Even the grown ups look like they are in their teens *cough* Madoka Magica
Apr 28, 2014 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Kruszer said:
Eye-stabbing things like Shin-Chan and Super Milk Chan.

And also Osamu Tezuka stuff and designs like Dead Leaves, Mononoke, and Kaidohmaru are pretty ugly.

Art is not really indicative of quality though seeing as how I love Black Jack, Redline and Kemonozume.
KruszerApr 28, 2014 7:43 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 28, 2014 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Extreme3708 said:
When they make the characters look like lil freakin' kids. Even the grown ups look like they are in their teens *cough* Madoka Magica
They're all in middle school just to let you know. Well, in Homura's case

Kaimon said:
RedRoseFring said:

This. I can usually ignore artstyle is the content is good. I think people just over-exaggerate most of the time or seem to not like anything that isn't typical.

I feel the same way. At first, I was reluctant with both Code Geass and Clannad but I decided to continue and enjoyed these anime anyways. I eventually built a tolerance towards these kind of artstyles so it doesn't matter that much to me.
Apr 28, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Kruszer said:
Kruszer said:

And also Osamu Tezuka stuff and designs like Dead Leaves, Mononoke, and Kaidohmaru are pretty ugly.

Art is not really indicative of quality though seeing as how I love Black Jack, Redline and Kemonozume.
What do you hate about Osamu Tezuka's art specifically if you don't mind me asking?
Apr 28, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2013
Javera said:
Extreme3708 said:
They're all in middle school just to let you know. Well, in Homura's case

Kaimon said:
RedRoseFring said:

I feel the same way. At first, I was reluctant with both Code Geass and Clannad but I decided to continue and enjoyed these anime anyways. I eventually built a tolerance towards these kind of artstyles so it doesn't matter that much to me.

Try Kaiji.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Apr 28, 2014 7:50 PM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
Dislike =/= bother. And you haven't watched much non main stream anime(I think that's what I might call it), that's where the bad art really comes in.
Apr 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Kruszer said:
Kruszer said:

What do you hate about Osamu Tezuka's art specifically if you don't mind me asking?

Can't speak for him, but I tried reading Tezuka's Buddha, I felt like the artsyle was too cartoony and didn't fit the mood of the manga.
Apr 28, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
SuperRed said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Kruszer said:
Kruszer said:

Can't speak for him, but I tried reading Tezuka's Buddha, I felt like the artsyle was too cartoony and didn't fit the mood of the manga.
You should check out the anime movie versions http://myanimelist.net/anime/7014/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Buddha:_Akai_Sabaku_yo!_Utsukushiku . I get where your coming from, Katanagatari has good art but the cartoony look of the character designs don't really fit the setting.
Apr 28, 2014 10:01 PM
Dec 2013
The Ping pong anime's art bugs me.
Apr 28, 2014 11:26 PM

Feb 2012
In anime, I hate huge eyes and animes that are both old and choppy. :| Especially choppy. It is irritating!

Apr 28, 2014 11:34 PM
Apr 2014
Just.. no more moe blobs kay? semi realistic is the best.
Apr 29, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2010
The art style/animation they used in Pisu Hame. It's like they took a still image and made a couple parts move, like a a shitty flash game.
Apr 29, 2014 12:36 AM

Mar 2014
I really enjoy a great many art styles. I used to have a distaste for oversimplification of faces to express emotions (The 'Anime' part of anime if you will), but I've gotten pretty used to it.

I also have a distaste for art styles that resemble the typical American "comedic" animations (Archer, Southpark, etc.). This of course comes from a distaste for those original shows. Now I don't come by many shows with animation like this, but FLCL has a couple scenes and the thick borders of Snk characters reminded too much of Archer.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 29, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2013
the characters in lucky star look like rainbow turd with giant eyes. ugly characters doing boring things is not something i'll watch since i'm not a masochist.

also, kokoro connect- all the characters look like 5 year olds in high school. i couldn't take the drama seriously at all because of the character designs and the voice acting didn't match up at all. so the show ended up being a melodramatic drag

Rivayne said:

explain
Apr 29, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2014
Kyoto Animation (studio) - Dem eyes. Everywhere. Gorgeous. Their most noticeable feature is their hair, eyes, and creating moe-like characters.

A-1 pictures (studio) - Same with Kyoto Animation. Their most noticeable feature is the famous eye structure in every character they make.

Shaft (studio) - Head tilts (ask them about it if you don't know). No need to explain. Also their abstract scenery which makes the shows sleepy (except Nisekoi, for me, which has refined backgrounds) but has very good sense of storytelling and progression.

No Game No Life (anime) - Did somebody said Red and Pink hue? Also shows blue hues during night or dark scenes. Huehuehue (no pun intended)

Did I missed other companies that are worth mentioning?
「 」's signature is literally empty.

Congratulations. If you saw this, then just give me a Visitor Message in my profile that says "Congratulations, I just got an award." then I'll give you the prize.
Apr 29, 2014 1:54 AM

Apr 2011
ILC said:
Kyoto Animation (studio) - Dem eyes. Everywhere. Gorgeous. Their most noticeable feature is their hair, eyes, and creating moe-like characters.

A-1 pictures (studio) - Same with Kyoto Animation. Their most noticeable feature is the famous eye structure in every character they make.

Shaft (studio) - Head tilts (ask them about it if you don't know). No need to explain. Also their abstract scenery which makes the shows sleepy (except Nisekoi, for me, which has refined backgrounds) but has very good sense of storytelling and progression.

No Game No Life (anime) - Did somebody said Red and Pink hue? Also shows blue hues during night or dark scenes. Huehuehue (no pun intended)

Did I missed other companies that are worth mentioning?

Am I having a misunderstanding or are you having trouble understanding the topic of this thread?
Apr 29, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2014
yhunata said:
Am I having a misunderstanding or are you having trouble understanding the topic of this thread?

Sorry, maybe I got carried away?

I just stated my perspective to those three companies based on their works. I never said I hated them but I'm only sharing my insights on their styles.
「 」's signature is literally empty.

Congratulations. If you saw this, then just give me a Visitor Message in my profile that says "Congratulations, I just got an award." then I'll give you the prize.
Apr 30, 2014 8:05 AM

Apr 2014
I personally like more detailed anime graphics. I hated the art style of Lovely Complex and Kimi ni Todoke. Some art styles also have their characters with weird side on profiles as well, which is hard to explain. However, I used to be more articulate on the art having to be good, but I don't really care anymore. As long as the story is good.
Apr 30, 2014 8:31 AM

Jun 2012
Art isn't really a major thing for me, but the clannad art style has always bugged me. Only one i can think of.

A lot of anime have the same art style, so i like the unique ones that are a bit different.

Jojos art style stands out to me, i love it. That was a cool pun i realised after i wrote it :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Nov 2010
only one i couldn't get used to was bokura ga ita

and the show wasn't all that good either (half arsed ending)
Apr 30, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
I am a very tolerant person.
No art shall bother me even the slightest~
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
kickthebucket said:
only one i couldn't get used to was bokura ga ita

and the show wasn't all that good either (half arsed ending)

the manga wasn't finished at that time. in fact the manga ended like 6 years after the anime did.

Bokura ga ita is a nostalgia title for me but I do agree that the art isn't good
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

78 by traed »»
13 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

135 by Jeevanandhnr »»
42 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

104 by SaltyCookie »»
51 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

12 by Theo1899 »»
1 hour ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 12 hours ago

12 by DigiCat »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.