Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 17, 2014 6:17 AM

Nov 2010
Lord Tenjin and his private parts xD
Nice to get an explanation about "Nora"

It was a great episode again with the action and comedy
Feb 17, 2014 6:20 AM

Dec 2009
Yukine is quite a bitch, he just assumes things and mess up >:c
Feb 17, 2014 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
Hmmmmmm, just curious why Hiyori would hit her face like that... looks painful >_<
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Feb 17, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2014
Yukine's character development is my favorite in manga and I was worried on how they will do it in anime but....I love how the anime team does Yukine's character development. It's more interesting (I think) although that Yukine will receive more hate from viewers....

Anyway....for those who hate and feel no sympathy for Yukine.....you'll learn to love him again....~!

Feb 17, 2014 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
Yukine being emo is expected but why stealing money, which he does not even need?
Feb 17, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2012
Really don't get why Kazuma won't tell bishamon the truth about yato and her shinkis... Really poor yato having that god always after him ><
Feb 17, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
At least Kazuma respects yato, no one else really respects him or acknowledges him as being a god
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Feb 17, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
Yukine stop being such a brat...I would use Nora.
Feb 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Meh how long do we need to watch Yato and Yukine being assholes with each other? imo Yukine should do everything in his power to torture Yato until he releases/kill him and Yato should just drop dead from all those blight. I couldn't even care less about him fighting those harmless phantoms that never put on much of a fight. Both characters are so fucking annoying and Hiyori is only there for the sexual appeal.

Best thing for this anime is to change the main characters to Kofuku & Daikoku and have them misunderstood Yato's death so they go on a rampage against Bishamon. Kofuku vs Bishamon would make a far more interesting battle since Bishamon seems to respect Kofuku a lot and Kofuku's goddamn powerful. Oh and that Kazuma guy should just die already, I hope that lion devours him good! Poor Bishamon doesn't realize there's a fucking traitor among her shinkis.. no wonder she never managed to kill Yato.
MoeGodFeb 17, 2014 11:31 AM
Feb 17, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
I got simple solution to fix Yato's problem: Smack Yukine around a bit and if he doenst get his shit together----> insta ditch. I mean Yukine isnt worth all that trouble Yato is going through. I guess Yukine's emoing is related to his death, but c'mon you have to draw the line somewhere...
OnbuuFeb 17, 2014 11:49 AM
Feb 17, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:

Best thing for this anime is to change the main characters to Kofuku & Daikoku and have them misunderstood Yato's death so they go on a rampage against Bishamon. Kofuku vs Bishamon would make a far more interesting battle since Bishamon seems to respect Kofuku a lot and Kofuku's goddamn powerful. Oh and that Kazuma guy should just die already, I hope that lion devours him good! Poor Bishamon doesn't realize there's a fucking traitor among her shinkis.. no wonder she never managed to kill Yato.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Yato or Kazuma may have been the reason why Bishamon's still alive right now (depending on what it is that happened in the past) and if that were the case, Kazuma can't really be called a traitor for his actions. It's highly likely that it was for her sake.
Feb 17, 2014 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Intense. Yukine wants to quit. Yato's been infected. Hiyori is told to protect Yato. WOW
I don't get the point behind Hiyori slapping herself . Also when she walked up to Yato. Yato was like what the @ is she doing.
Nora's kinda creepy, maybe annoying too. 'use me like you used too' O.O Yeah..
Can't wait for the next episode. Seems interesting
Feb 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
I don't think Yukine is worth all the trouble -,- Yato should just kill him already and get a better shinki. Really how low can he get? Stealing disaster relief donations.... I really hate Yukine I hope he dies but I doubt it since he is one of the main characters :/
I am a human.
Feb 17, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:
As expected Kazuma seems to have a debt he has to pay Yato. I really wonder what it is.
I really wonder about this, too.

Barion-Zara said:
I wonder if that long haired silver guy with the mask that appeared behind Nora is the same person who is in the scene sitting behind Yato when they show us his past??
Woah, I never saw that guys there!
Feb 17, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Love. That. Episode. Love. That. ANime.
We're all mad here
Feb 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Was that really 24 minutes long? Are you sure it wasn't 5 minutes?? Dammit I hate having to wait a week for each episode ;_;
Feb 17, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
xAvengerx said:
Was that really 24 minutes long? Are you sure it wasn't 5 minutes?? Dammit I hate having to wait a week for each episode ;_;

totally suffering as well :D
Feb 17, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Another amazing episode. We learn what "Nora" really is, Yukine continues to be even more of a brat (stealing disaster relief money? seriously?), Yato's blight is getting even worse, and Kazuma meets up with Hiyori to ask her to protect Yato because Kazuma owes him a great debt. Yato rejects Nora, and that mysterious anime-original character appears. LOL Yato's part-time job. God of Poverty watching over the shop... nothing's gonna go wrong.Not at all. Now I wanna go read the manga! Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 17, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Gary29 said:
Another amazing episode. We learn what "Nora" really is, Yukine continues to be even more of a brat (stealing disaster relief money? seriously?), Yato's blight is getting even worse, and Kazuma meets up with Hiyori to ask her to protect Yato because Kazuma owes him a great debt. Yato rejects Nora, and that mysterious anime-original character appears. LOL Yato's part-time job. God of Poverty watching over the shop... nothing's gonna go wrong.Not at all. Now I wanna go read the manga! Can't wait for the next episode.
you should totally. :3 :P like now.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 17, 2014 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent episode, not the best though
Feb 17, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
Pretty decent episode, not the best though

^ same
Feb 17, 2014 7:50 PM

Oct 2011
I kind of wish there was more action in this series but there's still a lot of awesome development that makes up for it
I'm sad this show is already more than half over
Feb 17, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
so noras are sluts huh. LOL
Feb 17, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
Dat butterfly... was HUGE

Seems like Nora got rejected. Poor Yato, Yukine is causing way too much trouble for him...
Feb 17, 2014 11:08 PM

Sep 2013
I hope yukine gets a grip, he is getting on my nerves. I never liked him, but he's being a real wimp lately. Sadly from the preview it seems that he'll bring more trouble.
Feb 18, 2014 12:26 AM

Feb 2010
Get it together Yukine. i get it... life was hard for you and you feel unloved now... but shiiit get it together.
Feb 18, 2014 2:02 AM
Sep 2013
Botato said:
airbornejaws said:

And is it just me? Or have I seen Kazuma before? I swear there's someone who looks exactly like him (and may even have the same VA too) in another series.

Yukio Okumora

Holy shit! It was killing me, and now I remember completely. He's the exact same character lol.

Kikimorka said:
airbornejaws said:
I wonder if the 'debt' he was talking about was killing Bishamon's regalia, he/she could have been like Yukine or Nora and was internally killing Bishamon as well.

That would make sense actually! But if that were the case then Bishamon should know better and wouldn't be going on a rampage every time she meets Yato and wouldn't be hunting him down like that! Right? O.O Because if we assume her Regalia was an evil one, then that Regalia would have affected her the same way Yukine is affecting Yato!!! But even so Yato isn't getting rid of Yukine so probably that's exactly what happened back then with Bishamon!! She didn't want to kill her Regalia but Kazuma was too worried she'd be killed, so he asked Yato for help! Gosh, I don't know if that's how it is but it sounds plausible!! @.@

Yukine-kun, I feel I'm the same as Yato, I can't give up on him! I'm so glad Hiyori got through to Yato and opened his eyes!!! She really is a nice and caring girl! ^^

Seems like Nora is really bringing out the worst in Yato so I'd assume that's the reason he's avoiding her and rejecting her! What's more that guy who was with her also seems suspicious or maybe he was even one of Yato's Regalias back in the days when he was the "real" God of Calamity - meaning killing mercilessly!

Yeah, from everything I've seen from Yato, there has to be a really good reason he killed the regalia, so I'll stick with this theory for now.

And I guess I'll give Yukine a break since he is a kid (middle schooler?). But please, by God, don't do anything worse than stealing disaster relief money!

Nora is flat out just bad news, stay away from her Yato! You got the sweet Hiyori there right by your side :) She's trying her best to make Yato and Yukine better people, and I hope it pays off soon in Yukine's case.

And I'm going to keep reiterating this:
Only 12 episodes? Why?!
Feb 18, 2014 9:42 AM
Jul 2012
silverwalls said:
another brilliant episode.
i wonder what it is with yukine, i hope he sorts his problems out, otherwise he will harm yato too :/
i also wonder what kazuma's debt to yato is..
and why was hiyori slapping her face?

im wondering too~
Feb 18, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Another great episode but I heard that the next episode is filler, so it's better if I pick up the manga when it ends.
Feb 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Yato and Yukine need to bond or else Yukine gonna kill him TwT.

So that guy is controlling Nora then???
Feb 18, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
I've had about all I can take of Yukine. Yato should dispose of him and make Hiyori his Regalia. Unfortunately, I know that can't be done since Hiyori's not dead. *sigh*

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 18, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
And the soundtrack is finally out <3 Will make waiting for the next episode easier.
-
Feb 19, 2014 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good, not as good as previous episodes but some new information and more explanations - which will be good for the next episodes.

But why are there only 5 left ?? :(
Feb 19, 2014 12:20 AM

Feb 2012
I loved this episode, hope there will be an epic fight soon *_* I can feel it in my bones.

Feb 19, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
Another good episode!
Feb 19, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode, im starting to dislike Yukine abit tho.Hopefully he will get less annoying after Yato and him sort their issues out.
Also, Kugimiya Rie sounds so great as Nora.If she only used this kind of voice tone as more of her characters i would love her even more.
Feb 19, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
Into the darkside Yukine, you know you want to.
Feb 20, 2014 8:34 AM
Feb 2009
i have read thirty over chapter of noragami manga now (chinese translation) n i m still sure about it, nora is thousand times better than yukine (well, she is a bit yandere tho, but i fine with that)
flame_tiongFeb 20, 2014 8:47 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 20, 2014 8:54 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, so that what a "Nora" is.
Feb 20, 2014 9:39 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. And I still get to maintain the two things I've been saying about every episode:

1. This is story telling done right. Answering things in a reasonable amount of time, yet still leaving the bigger questions hanging for us to salivate over.

2. Impeccable humor and seriousness balance. Hiyori's "Please help me, Gods!" was hilarious.

I think Yukine is a great character BECAUSE he's such a pain in the ass---it gives the show something very important to strive for: his development from a delinquent and strictly regalia to Yato's friend and someone we want to root for... and you know, especially so that Yato doesn't DIE.
-Trippwire-Feb 20, 2014 9:43 PM
Feb 20, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 2012
nice thorough explanation of what Nora is. Looks like they can't be trusted.
Kofuku (god of poverty) running the convenience store. gg >_>
Shit looks like half of Yato's body is blighted.
overall decent episode

Feb 20, 2014 11:14 PM

Oct 2010
10->7

What a disappointment. This anime was at the top of the charts for me, and if he reunited with Nora it would have kept that position. But no, let's forget doing something innovative and exciting. Let's waste yet another episode babying this useless little brat. -> Doesn't cut -> Bitches and whines -> Steals -> Eager to betray Yato at first opportunity. -> Selfish. Doesn't even realize he's killing his onjin. Is revolving the plot around insolent little ingrates the "thing" nowadays?

Seriously Hiyori what the fuck are you doing? I believe Kazuma told you to SAVE Yato, not push him further on his path of destruction, and end the episode worrying about what the fuck you just did.

Would someone like to explain to me what makes Yukine so important? The tragedy of his "previous life" isn't selling to me. You don't get a free douchebag rampage card because of how hard life is.

Hiyori slapping herself - a Japanese motion to motivate and refresh yourself, usually giving yourself the courage to do something you don't regularly do.
Feb 20, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
HowTragic said:
10->7

What a disappointment. This anime was at the top of the charts for me, and if he reunited with Nora it would have kept that position. But no, let's forget doing something innovative and exciting. Let's waste yet another episode babying this useless little brat. -> Doesn't cut -> Bitches and whines -> Steals -> Eager to betray Yato at first opportunity. -> Selfish. Doesn't even realize he's killing his onjin. Is revolving the plot around insolent little ingrates the "thing" nowadays?

Seriously Hiyori what the fuck are you doing? I believe Kazuma told you to SAVE Yato, not push him further on his path of destruction, and end the episode worrying about what the fuck you just did.

Would someone like to explain to me what makes Yukine so important? The tragedy of his "previous life" isn't selling to me. You don't get a free douchebag rampage card because of how hard life is.

Hiyori slapping herself - a Japanese motion to motivate and refresh yourself, usually giving yourself the courage to do something you don't regularly do.

whats the next two eps and you get your answere on that (()reason Yato stays with Yukine) or read the manga
Feb 21, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
HowTragic said:
10->7

If the anime followed what you want (Yato and Nora reunion), I will be very pissed!!! It's not faithful to the manga and will ruin the plot.
I hope that you will be more patient and wait for the further Yukine's development. I think his ignorance will stop by the next episode.

Feb 21, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
WiseFlower said:
HowTragic said:
10->7

If the anime followed what you want (Yato and Nora reunion), I will be very pissed!!! It's not faithful to the manga and will ruin the plot.
I hope that you will be more patient and wait for the further Yukine's development. I think his ignorance will stop by the next episode.

Nora isn't loyal to Yato but neither is Yukine. The only difference is that Nora saved Yato last chapter despite having no such obligation, and is at least somewhat of a reliable Regalia for him, unlike Yukine, who selfishly lets his lust and greed erode others, and doesn't do his job due to low self-esteem. I am well aware, as anyone would be after seeing all the marks on her body, that she isn't a particular saintly character. It's also obvious she had something to do with Yato's dark past and has a hidden agenda on her mind. However, at this point I don't even care anymore. Anything is better than this suffocatingly static configuration. Per personal opinion, it would be a much more interesting development if Yato reverted to his former "dark god" self. The last time I checked, the title was ノラガミ (Rogue God) instead of 小僧を育てる方法 (How to raise brats).

And for the record, many anime adaptions don't follow the original work in verbatim. 11eyes would be a prime example.
Feb 21, 2014 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
HowTragic said:
And for the record, many anime adaptions don't follow the original work in verbatim. 11eyes would be a prime example.
the fact that you have to use such a bottom-of-the-barrel shit anime to prove your point is pretty tragic.

get over yourself, if your fanboyness over a single character that only can be described as 'creepy' gets more importance than other important aspects of the show, its your loss.
Feb 21, 2014 9:22 PM

Nov 2011
HowTragic said:
WiseFlower said:
HowTragic said:
10->7

Nora isn't loyal to Yato but neither is Yukine. The only difference is that Nora saved Yato last chapter despite having no such obligation, and is at least somewhat of a reliable Regalia for him, unlike Yukine, who selfishly lets his lust and greed erode others, and doesn't do his job due to low self-esteem. I am well aware, as anyone would be after seeing all the marks on her body, that she isn't a particular saintly character. It's also obvious she had something to do with Yato's dark past and has a hidden agenda on her mind. However, at this point I don't even care anymore. Anything is better than this suffocatingly static configuration. Per personal opinion, it would be a much more interesting development if Yato reverted to his former "dark god" self. The last time I checked, the title was ノラガミ (Rogue God) instead of 小僧を育てる方法 (How to raise brats).

Yukina is just a brat, it will take time for him to adapt a life as shinki. It doesn't help that his master isn't the one regular shinki can cope with.

Nora isn't trustworthy, you think she saved Yato because she is nice? Hardly. Being a Nora alone should tell much about what kind of character she is. A mere mention of her is enough to disgust someone.

There's something special about Yukine and that's why Yato won't give up on him. Its not easy to get a reliable partner, this is just the phase, Yato and Yukine have to go through before they can actually work together perfectly for a long time.

I have read the manga and Yukine will change into a shinki that is better than Nora ever will.

Kaiser-chanFeb 21, 2014 9:35 PM

Feb 21, 2014 10:05 PM

May 2010
Decent episode but I really really hope Yukine would stop being a pain in the ass, it's very annoying !!
Feb 21, 2014 10:08 PM

Oct 2010
Catastrophic said:
HowTragic said:
the fact that you have to use such a bottom-of-the-barrel shit anime to prove your point is pretty tragic.

get over yourself, if your fanboyness over a single character that only can be described as 'creepy' gets more importance than other important aspects of the show, its your loss.

The fact that you can freely call any anime "a bottom-of-the-barrel shit anime" without any support and credibility is catastrophic. Try again. Have you even played the original work? Opinions are subjective, and without any evidence to back up yours, I'd say that's some mighty fine "bottom-of-the-barrel shit" opinion coming from someone who talks big.

"Per personal opinion" must be a new concept to you. If you think any opinion that doesn't agree with yours exemplifies "creepy fanboyness", then I think it's high time you graduated from kindergarten. On the contrary, your one-sided blind defense without contextual support or even proper grammar might be considered as "creepy fanboyness". Keep digging that hole of yours.

KaiserNazrin said:
HowTragic said:
WiseFlower said:
HowTragic said:
10->7

Yukina is just a brat, it will take time for him to adapt a life as shinki. It doesn't help that his master isn't the one regular shinki can cope with.

Nora isn't trustworthy, you think she saved Yato because she is nice? Hardly. Being a Nora alone should tell much about what kind of character she is. A mere mention of her is enough to disgust someone.

There's something special about Yukine and that's why Yato won't give up on him. Its not easy to get a reliable partner, this is just the phase, Yato and Yukine have to go through before they can actually work together perfectly for a long time.

I have read the manga and Yukine will change into a shinki that is better than Nora ever will.

I agree. He is a brat.

Nora isn't trustworthy and I never said she was. She did save Yato out of her hidden agenda, as I mentioned previously, but the key point is that she saved him. Imagine how tragic the series would be if he lost to Veena at that point. I'm not too keen on simply dismissing a character because he/she is labelled badly by others characters in the anime. I simply find that reuniting with Nora would be a more interesting development than waiting for this brat to grow up. This is an opinion. Unfortunately, it seems like a certain "catastrophic" weeaboo seems to take it like a kick to their balls.

While I do appreciate the forecast of how it ends, it's not like I didn't notice Yukine "over"-cutting half the surrounding area in the earlier episode with the train incident. Even so, it's an awfully irksome static limbo, because I don't know that per chance in a thousand, it all ends well for them. That's a pretty big assumption to be making at this point for someone like me, who doesn't know what plays out in the end because I refuse to manga-spoil the plot. But hey, thanks for the confirmation that it was because he's an OP Regalia with an attitude.
Feb 21, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2014
HowTragic said:

LOL
It is indeed Noragami (and Nora has an important role on why Yato is a noragami (stray god)) but hey, it's Yato's way to "reforge" Yukine. It's risky but effective.
Yato knew from the beginning that handling Yukine will be difficult.
Now, imagine if Yato accepted Nora's offer in the episode.
Yukine will become even worst because as you said, he's selfish brat.
Unless the anime intended to go in a different route (I don't see any bold sign for this possibility), I don't see a reason to put Nora hand in hand with Yato now.
Catastrophic said:
May I assume that you reacted to my post? ^^
I will still enjoy the anime, there are changes here and there. I'm fine with that. As the matter of fact, I love the changes so far.
But the idea of Yato taking Nora's offer; I don't like like it.
It's not something related to fanboyness as you said (wait, I'm not even a boy), but because I don't see that idea happening without a major change (something I don't want to see, although I can still enjoy it as a different entity).
HowTragic said:
This is an opinion. Unfortunately, it seems like a certain "catastrophic" weeaboo seems to take it like a kick to their balls.
Sorry....if I made myself sound like a weeaboo earlier (and I don't have balls ^^')

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

520 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Sep 16, 7:55 AM

» Revealed 10th Anniversary Projects!

nirererin - Aug 10

10 by bck108 »»
Aug 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

235 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 10, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

302 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 8, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

210 by SecoAct »»
Jul 7, 3:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.