Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2012 10:18 PM

Jan 2012
It has a lot of the elements of the series that make it into my top 10 anime list..... But I am really disappointed with this series. It was just missing something or it just never came together for me. I wanted to see more character development with Munto. I also wanted them to have more scenes with Munto and that girl that I forgot the name of... I think that it did what I don't like about the newer anime. Even thought they have this great plot with the war and the destruction of the planets, they chose instead to focus on the Internal conflict of whatever-her-name-was. Ok, if that is going to be the focus of the story fine, but do it in a meaningful way!! Whatever-her-name-was basically doing nothing the whole series and watching to world pass around her, then in the last episode she has this sudden epiphany and know how to save the world. Maybe the rushed it too much and had to sacrific what makes series great to put out a finished product. Whatever, don't listen to me, I'm just disappointed 'cause like I said it has all the elements to be in my top 10, but it fell short.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 5:19 AM

Jan 2010
I love this munto series! But the end 'credit' make me feel like "Is this hang-cliff story or will there be more?" What I can say here, the art=great, storyline/plot=good, how its end=bad......ARGHHHHH!!!!! The credit in last part make me want more Munto And Yumemi!!!

Jun 21, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2010
Not a nice ending, more than predictable i would say
Aug 27, 2013 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
Dat title: Love.

Munto has a sailor outfit fetish? XD Na, he doesn't. That's just me and my exaggeration. Overall, I'll rate this a 6/10. Great OST and visuals although story was somewhat of a mess. Wtf happened to Munto at the end? LOL
Nov 8, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
Going into this with no expectations, I enjoyed it. Liked the message of the series (although to be fair I only watched from episode 6 onward since I heard the first 5 episodes were basically the first 2 OVAs). I like the romance between Yumemi and Munto now too. :)

7/10
Aug 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2015
mmmmm, is time to score this anime, this is not easy, it has good parts and bad parts (as the others), but in my opinion the bad parts are very bad and the good parts are just... good.
So, I will give Sora wo Migaru(...) a 6.7/10, the end was pretty nice, I like the importance given to willing and friendships, that was great, but I don´t like this animation style, in addiction the plot was not treated as good as it could had been, some parts are too slow and others goes too fast, the genre is too much mixed, a little bit of magic, romance, drama, but not enough of anything.
This is only my opinion, If you think that is better or worst, you can try to make change my mind.
Jan 2, 2016 7:43 AM
Jan 2016
That last episode is so incomplete @_@
It feels like the anime needed just 1 more 1 more damn episode to make everything clear.

If they were just gonna end it like that, than they shouldn't have added in those last few minute detail.
It totally ruined the whole anime!! TwT.
Feel so dissatisfied.
Dec 1, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2016
OK so what preparation was munto making ? And seriously it was such a good show but went downhill because the other two girls just had to fitted in the end they were sooo uncessary and seriously what romance even card game anime have more romance
Feb 12, 2018 1:09 PM
Nov 2017
this was the worst written show I've ever seen, but the fights were on point...wish I could see munto tear shit up more.
Nov 3, 2018 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, so this is KyoAni's forgotten series, huh? I really enjoyed it, but it was definitely lacking in a lot of ways. The story and fantasy setting were interesting, but it didn't feel flushed out and I still felt like there was something missing. I didn't feel much of a romance between the main two either. The villain just sucked too. There was a very interesting world and setting here but it really needed to be longer.

The ending doesn't really make sense either. Munto was practically killing himself to keep the pillar alive so they could restore things. But then it didn't anyway yet they were still able to do it in the end because......why? Yumemi sudden power boost out of nowhere? Power of love? It feel really cheap and rushed.
Dec 1, 2018 3:43 PM

Oct 2015
I was disappointed by the lack of romance between Yumemi and Munto, she chose her friends over him and it's understandable. Too bad though.

I wonder where did Munto disappear to in the end, and also that space Gass was closing seems to exist again but in a tiny bit. That space worries me and I feel like it's a cliffhanger for me.

Overall it wasn't good and I enjoyed it. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 7, 2019 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
This series was just fine. It started well but the second half fell flat for me because the story was kinda predictable, thus I lost my interest halfway through. However the artwork was definitely worthy of praise. I loved the character design of Ichiko and suzume.
Jul 12, 2019 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Well hmm... This was definitely a really neat series, i love me some good high fantasy, especially when it's so rare to find in pure form particularly these days... I have to say the old animation definitely outdoes the new. The pacing and choreography and visuals were pristinely constructed with plenty of polish/cohesion.

The newer stuff felt a lot more average, with the animation focusing almost exclusively on flat colour/line animation and with art design not as distinct as from the original. A lot of the interactions and presentation were a lot less imaginative as well.

The original OVAs had a very interesting atmospheric nature with creative music an audio. The OST in the TV version sounds more like typical neo-classical movie soundtrack type stuff. Fox example the battle of the sword lady forget her name vs Gass early on, was way more interesting with the near-silence simply overlayed with their conversation, giving a sort of indirect nature to it all, they're talking with their fighting or talking prior to or after fighting perhaps, and the parallels align, thus leading to their understanding of one another. The action scene prior to that when Gass takes on the army, when he shows off his arm and stuff, has a really unique sounding track in the original that was well aligned to Gass's personality and showing off, whereas it's just generic orchestral in TV version. When Yumemi is pushing through the barrier of time or w/e it's called, it was a lot more of an "at last we are here" sound and a sort of catharsis, the new one only hits the feeling of the challenge at play. Even the orchestral stuff in the original series was far more dynamic and had all kinds of creative melodies and flowed organically and at times dramatically jumping in tone to fit the scenes.

I could go on for ages covering every particular instance and the complexities, but i think i've made my point. The TV version is technologically superior for sure, but it seems they lost some of the vision and more ethereal feel in the time spent away from it.

Ultimately it was a cool story, be it a bit crazy with how much it throws at you without foreknowledge (almost gives that summary movie feel to begin with haha)... There's just so much backstory and it throws stuff in like "oh by the way there's many other nations, and alliances and stuff, with all kinds of agendas, just thought you ought to know"... lol.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 17, 2020 4:37 AM

Feb 2014
“Everyone can fly!” *jumps and free falls* “It's okay! I think we can fly well!!!” xD

Also LMAO when Suzume trips at the end right after he tells her not to hahaha her face really went splat into the ground xD

Okay so like maybe this is because I haven't watched anime in a while but like is it just me or did they spend a lot of time talking when they were needed to get stuff done in high pressure situations under a big time constraint? xD

Anyway I thought this serious was pretty cool. I especially liked the music I felt like it was pretty epic!!! Not a perfect show but one I enjoyed. I'd give it an 8-9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2017
The final battle was boring and one-sided lol. Gntarl never had a chance and he's a joke. The ending was confusing and rushed, looks like the aftermath of the whole destruction in the Lower World was omitted/deleted. Both worlds were 'merged' but in the end it just creates more questions than answers.

9 episodes are not enough, terrible pacing, the whole Kazuya-Suzume is filler, Kazuya is quickly forgotten after that, generic fantasy world with so many characters, rushed explanation of that world, poor worldbuilding, poor introductions, poor antagonist, forced romance?, asspulls.

KyoAni animated bad anime in the future but they're much better than this trash. K-on! from the next season was much better lol. 3/10 for the anime.

NurguburuJan 15, 2021 1:04 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 28, 2021 3:25 AM
May 2021
Buen final la verdad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jan 28, 2009

48 by velvetnyan »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion

Asrialys - Mar 10, 2009

31 by Surface__ »»
Dec 27, 2021 3:10 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 20, 2009

22 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 15, 2021 11:18 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 6 Discussion

gameoffreak8 - Mar 11, 2009

7 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 14, 2021 2:33 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 10, 2009

11 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 14, 2021 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.