Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2014 5:38 PM
Jan 2014
I thought kaname caught him confessing and he just went all out with it. Instead if waiting for kaname to tell him o.O
Feb 13, 2014 5:39 PM
Feb 2014
KillerBee721 said:
I thought kaname caught him confessing and he just went all out with it. Instead if waiting for kaname to tell him o.O

Kaname didn't catch him confessing. He caught him making a move on her when she was asleep...
Feb 13, 2014 5:43 PM
Jan 2014
Well there's no need to confess...I mean if i see a friend looking at a girl lovingly while caressing her cheeks. A flag would automatically go off for me.
Feb 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Feb 2014
KillerBee721 said:
Well there's no need to confess...I mean if i see a friend looking at a girl lovingly while caressing her cheeks. A flag would automatically go off for me.

Ok so it was a confession i guess... trololol
Feb 13, 2014 5:51 PM
Jan 2014
CAN I SAY BEST EPISODE EVERR?!
Feb 13, 2014 5:55 PM
Sep 2012
Hannah_Ana said:
This is getting ridiculous!

- Chisaki still likes Hikari, who is now jail bait.

Takuan_Soho said:
NiSeKoi said:
As long as you love someone you love, age does not matter

Unless they are under the age of consent, and you are not. Then it matters very very much :-)

Would be nice points, except you forget what country this anime is being made for. AKA: Not the west.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Japan

Feb 13, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
Well my theory from last episode was proven true about the Ena being transferred from one person to another.

Great episode!!!
Feb 13, 2014 6:19 PM
Dec 2013
Parisbelle said:
I don't think Manaka likes Tsugumu as how everyone thinks.

The legend could be a red herring (because let’s admit, the ultimate pairing in the show is Hikari/Manaka) and I fully support this. But let me clarify this. What I support about the legend being a red herring is that it hints that the person Manaka wants to be with is Tsugumu. This, what I believe, is the red herring since the person Manaka is leaving the sea for is actually Hikari.

If Miuna is gaining her ena from Manaka, which is pretty likely considering how Manaka is losing her ena, then that means this is occurring not so long after Hikari woke up. It is this which makes me believe Manaka is in love with Hikari. There is also a part where the legend states that the bride wishes to be with a person on the land which applies to Tsugumu completely but it can also apply to Hikari. Before the hibernation occurred, Hikari wasn’t living underwater. He was living on land with Akari, even if it was for a short period of time. He can very well fit the description. Also, since an overarching theme of the show is about change, I believe the relationship between Manaka and Hikari is a change. Hikari hasn’t entirely let go of the sea so if Manaka does happen to get with him, which I believe will happen, I believe they can balance their lives onshore and in the water.

Chisaki was so adorkable today, her playing dressup was the highlight. The part where she says she’s still in love is was groan inducing but I guess it’s part of her character story. I like the hint of rivalry between Tsugumu and Kaname which is a really interesting and fiery dynamic. I doubt the show will give them proper development in the next episode since it seems as though anything interesting is taking a back seat for the ‘main’ player of the show (no offence to Miuna fans out there. I don’t have faith that she can carry the show).

I feel bad for Kaname but he really needs to let things go. A part of what he does to Chisaki, insisting that she’s changed, is beneficial but the jealousy he harbored towards Tsugumu is destructive. And it’s so pitying that he has no other character story but his love for Chisaki. Maybe that’s part of why he’s so appealing to anime fans (other than his obvious character charms but even that is a contribution to his love story) since he doesn’t bullshit around in his love story like others but he’s one dimensional when you take him out of the picture. Even Tsugumu has another story, albeit not a very developed one. I think this is why I find it hard to root for him, even in the beginning of the show, because he had no other story to tell. I find myself saying, “Get a life outside of your love for Chisaki.” I pity him, I like him, I admire him, but I can’t root for him. Sorry Kaname, the show really did you injustice. :(

While I can't really deny that most of Kaname's screentime revolves around Chisaki (I think he's been fixated on her because he's aware that he's fighting a losing battle), I would hardly call him one-dimensional- it'd be a disservice to his character. He's is Hikari's best friend and foil in a certain sense (my favourite moments in the previous episodes were probably the bro moments the two boys had together, since we've had plenty of insight into Manaka and Chisaki's relationship and Sayu and Miuna's, but never into the boys' friendship), and the supposedly mature and rational one of the group- a role he fulfills quite well when Chisaki is out of the picture. He's also implied to the group peacemaker- he and Chisaki were usually the ones to defuse the situation whenever Hikari took his temper out on Manaka, and Hikari himself has outright stated in episode 16 that it was probably due to Kaname that the girls' fights were resolved. I suppose Kaname's character story can be seen as that of a boy who's trying to find a balance between safeguarding his own feelings and maintaining peace (part of the reason why he never acted on his feelings for Chisaki earlier, as well as the reason for one particular line: "I'm doing my best, too."), though as of right now he seems to be veering towards the former. It can also be seen as the story of kid whose attempt at maturity eventually fails as he gives in to his own insecurities, and how he deals with them (and hopefully gains some genuine wisdom in the process). So, the implications of Kaname's character story are decidedly non-romantic in nature, which is why I'd argue against the notion that Kaname (and Tsumugu, too, since he still gets complaints of a similar nature), are hardly one-dimensional- it's just that the non-romantic connotations of his character are less obvious then they are with Hikari or even Tsumugu. I'd like to believe, that despite his selfishness, Kaname is fundamentally a good boy, as will come out of this story a better person- just like Hikari already has. Yes, love is a driving factor in his actions, but that can be said about the entire cast, can it not?
(That being said- I wish we got to see his family- he only mentioned them once when he said that he'd fought with them- for the first time ever- over his participation in the Ofunehiki.)
helenobellFeb 13, 2014 6:34 PM
Feb 13, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
Watching this whole episode was just unpleasant for me. I feel so bad for Kaname.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 13, 2014 6:39 PM
Jan 2014
Wow I'm surprised we haven't gotten an episode about Tsumugu yet lol, wtf is going on. We still need to know more about him, like why is his relationship with his mother in the shit tanks.

OT: I'm still going to ship Tsumugu x Chisaki because I still believe Chisaki will end up realizing her feelings for him (because she does have them). There have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy to many scenes hinting of chisaki's growing affection for tsusmugu.

I think Manaka will wake up within the next few episode sbut she will probably never be able to go back into the sea again because she lost all of her Ena.
Burgerboner69Feb 13, 2014 6:42 PM
Feb 13, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2010
Please, More Chisaki - Tsumugu Scenes!!!
I want to see how the relationship development of Chisaki and Tsumugu will go in the last few episodes!
So many people and their likes
Their frozen time/feelings will begin to move forward, we probably will see some rejections and many heartbreaks with

Chisaki & Miuna liking Hikari
Hikari liking Manaka
Manaka still liking Tsumugu when she wakes up?
Tsumugu & Kaname liking Chisaki (I think Tsumugu will win tho ;3)
Sayu liking Kaname

Man... for some reason the story is focused more on Chisaki, Miuna, Tsumugu, Hikari and Manaka. Kaname and Sayu seem to not have as much screen time now =\ hope they don't get pushed to being support characters.
Feb 13, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2014
Hannah_Ana said:

This is going to end badly. I predict that Miuna is going to put a pillow over Manaka's face and smother her to death in the hopes that once Manaka dies, Hikari will look her way. Kaname is going to walk in on Tsumugu and Chisaki sharing a kiss and go hang himself in a closet. Sayu, distraught over Kaname's suicide will swear to love no other man...and become a lesbian. Hikari still won't look Miuna's way after Manaka's death and will become a hikikomori instead. Miuna, feeling guilty over the fruitless murder she committed, will fling herself into Shishioshio and right into the arms of the Sea God. ~The End

For some reason I laughed my ass off reading your shit. xDD
Feb 13, 2014 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
RioFoxx said:
Would be nice points, except you forget what country this anime is being made for. AKA: Not the west.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Japan

Not really, much more complicated than that. The national law is 13, but the national law is a legacy dating back to the Meiji era and doesn't have jurisdiction over sex cases.

These are handled on the "ToDouFuKen" level where the age of consent differs but is generally 16 or 17 for sex between adults (for instance in Tokyo-to, the age of consent is 17), younger when it is between non-adults. A thing to remember with non-adults is that having sex in Japan is far more difficult than it is in the US because there just isn't that many places to do it. If you took your girlfriend to your own home, even if your parents were not there, a neighbor will know and let your (and her) parents know. That sort of puts a damper on things.

Of course it still happens, but it still happens in the US as well, the Japanese are just a bit more honest about it.
Feb 13, 2014 7:28 PM
Feb 2014
Lainosuke said:
I had to make an account just to reply to this thread.

I think people are being too harsh about each character not moving on. I think the point of this episode was that each of them were frozen - even Tsumugu and Chisaki even though they lived through the 5 years. Because Manaka is back, they are able to move forward again which means of course there will be scenarios that reprise where the characters left off from the time of the Ofuneshiki.

Nagi no Asukara ALWAYS has a reason for each of its scenes. I truly believe they have exemplified that. All the Miuna fans have had their share of the cake, this episode turned back to Chisaki x Tsumugu x Kaname with hints of Hikari and Miuna, of course. But basically, Chisaki is re-living herself through a multiple of ways in here - realizing about Miuna liking Hikari (reminding her of herself), remembering why she always admired Hikari (how confident and wholehearted he always was), and even her trying to wear her old uniform. These little things add up to mean that she was frozen when her sea friends left, and now she can start moving again.

As for Tsumugu, I think he is able to confidently face and confront Kaname with his true feelings because he can also now move forward fairly in terms of pursuing Chisaki as well as re-gaining his comrades back.

I do feel bad for Kaname given the situation he is in that is out of control - makes sense why he is so hurt and bitter. But overall, this was clearly a Chisaki-focused episode with hints of where the plot is going (even a red herring).

EVERYONE is freaking out about Chisaki who is 19 still "loving" Hikari. He is her childhood friend, and I think she actually got a lot of closure before the Ofuneshiki when she told him her feelings. But she even said herself that those feelings were mostly admiration for the love and protection he had towards Manaka. I didn't see any excessive blushing or strange lolicon vibes. I personally feel like (whether her character realizes it or not) it is family love that she is able to re-embrace because all of them (the sea kids) are back together.

^^ THIS, I'm glad some people WATCHED and UNDERSTAND each episode without being blinded by their shipping wars -__-
Feb 13, 2014 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
Ah, just watched the episode. Liked that most of what I thought was confirmed (Tsumugu being stuck etc, Chisaki's feelings for Hikari being tied up in his saving her, and of course Uroko being small god and his realizing last week), two things to add.

Chisaki wasn't drunk. That was why they made a point of saying she didn't have a hangover the next day.

The reason she wanted to drink was that in Japan there is a custom where people can say what they want to say without people holding it against them, she wanted that opportunity. The reason she "passed out" had far more to do with stress than anything else.

Second, Chisaki didn't mean that she "loved" Hikari that way. She loved him because he remained the passionate, strong friend she always liked, that he hadn't changed and because of that she really hadn't as well. But there are more types of love then "shipping".

It was subtle (but then again this show is subtle), but the entire reason that Chisaki wanted to see the village was to say goodbye so she could be with Tsumugu. That was what the "datara" when she was diving meant, and that was why she said the exact same thing about how Manaka's return "unfroze time".

While there can still be a couple twists, I think this show has pretty much laid out the course for the remainder of the season. Manaka is Uroko's trump card. That is the clue you need to figure it out.
Feb 13, 2014 8:08 PM
Jan 2010
Wait a second. I don't understand. Does the continuation of the Ofunehiki only applies to the first sacrifice?

And it makes no sense that the something the sea god took from the maiden was her ena, she wasn't from the sea to begin with so she wasn't born with ena. Besides, she wanted to go back to the surface, to the person she left behind, so taking her ena wouldn't be important to her.

Now, Manaka is from the sea so not having her ena means she won't be able to go back home. However, she wasn't a sacrifice, she gave herself to the sea god to save Akari so taking something from her makes no sense?
Feb 13, 2014 8:16 PM
Oct 2012
meme-chan said:
Wait a second. I don't understand. Does the continuation of the Ofunehiki only applies to the first sacrifice?

And it makes no sense that the something the sea god took from the maiden was her ena, she wasn't from the sea to begin with so she wasn't born with ena. Besides, she wanted to go back to the surface, to the person she left behind, so taking her ena wouldn't be important to her.

Now, Manaka is from the sea so not having her ena means she won't be able to go back home. However, she wasn't a sacrifice, she gave herself to the sea god to save Akari so taking something from her makes no sense?

Ah, but you forget that the Sea God's wife's children all lived under the sea, that meant she couldn't return to them, she would have wanted to return if not forever at least time to time. That is why sea god was (is) a pos. Hikari is spot on there (and why this show will have a happy ending).

A true sacrifice is willing, not unwilling. That is the whole point. Akari didn't go willingly, that was why the sea god was mad (read jealous), but Manaka did go willingly, that was what appeased his anger. That she was taken away has once again made the sea god jealous, however now at least he is starting to realize how pathetic he is and why everyone is leaving him (thanks to Miura).
Feb 13, 2014 8:22 PM
Feb 2014
meme-chan said:

I believe that is the point. The point is that Manaka, like the maiden, longed for the surface - not so much where they initially were from. The fact that Manaka replaced Akari as the sacrifice pretty much deemed her as the sacrifice he accepted. But the fact that she was losing her Ena, I think that was a mixture of Manaka's will of wanting to be back on the surface and the Sea God's power that transferred it to Miuna (who actually wanted the Ena and to be in the sea, particularly when she was drowning). Therefore, a lot of people are speculating that in the end Miuna will replace Manaka as the sacrifice/Sea God's wife in order to restore a sort of balance. This is why the next step is to go to the source - Hikari is going to ask Uroko-sama. He's most likely going to dodge the bullet with more subtle talk and perceptiveness, lol.

I can't say I agree or disagree - but this is what I believe follows from your question, perhaps?
Feb 13, 2014 8:25 PM
Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Ah, just watched the episode. Liked that most of what I thought was confirmed (Tsumugu being stuck etc, Chisaki's feelings for Hikari being tied up in his saving her, and of course Uroko being small god and his realizing last week), two things to add.

Chisaki wasn't drunk. That was why they made a point of saying she didn't have a hangover the next day.

The reason she wanted to drink was that in Japan there is a custom where people can say what they want to say without people holding it against them, she wanted that opportunity. The reason she "passed out" had far more to do with stress than anything else.

Second, Chisaki didn't mean that she "loved" Hikari that way. She loved him because he remained the passionate, strong friend she always liked, that he hadn't changed and because of that she really hadn't as well. But there are more types of love then "shipping".

It was subtle (but then again this show is subtle), but the entire reason that Chisaki wanted to see the village was to say goodbye so she could be with Tsumugu. That was what the "datara" when she was diving meant, and that was why she said the exact same thing about how Manaka's return "unfroze time".

While there can still be a couple twists, I think this show has pretty much laid out the course for the remainder of the season. Manaka is Uroko's trump card. That is the clue you need to figure it out.

I pretty much agree with this.

Well said.
Feb 13, 2014 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
Basically what's happening here is...

so much happened this episode, Chisaki x tsumugu forever, and then Kaname walked in, so awkward. and let's not forget when Chisaki fell and the both of them went running haha that was so awkward too :P

too bad tsumugu's been familyzoned orz
Feb 13, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
I kinda agree that Kaname's being a lil too petty in this episode but at the same time, i feel really bad for him. Liking Chisaki who doesn't return his feelings for such a long time and now, a rival appears.

Really hoping that Manaka will wake up soon and all the mysteries will be resolved (hopefully).

(Ah... I kinda wanted Manaka to be with Tsumugu but i guess... it's impossible now :( )
Feb 13, 2014 9:47 PM

Nov 2011
So many love triangles so little episodes left.
Feb 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
So some characters haven't change at all: Chisaki still likes Hikari, Kaname still likes Chisaki, and Hikari still likes Manaka. Basically I rather want the relationships to let it stay when the time skip starts. It is really weird when Chisaki still likes Hikari when she is a high school graduate and Hikari who is still in middle school. So I'm still going for Tsumugu x Chisaki and Kaname x Sayu.

I'm still going for Hikari x Miuna, but I can sense probably a love triangle when Manaka wakes up. Now time to set off to find the Sea God.

Feb 13, 2014 9:50 PM
Jan 2014
This my first time watching a show with so many love lines. Hopefully it will be my last because it's really not good for my health -_-'
Feb 13, 2014 10:00 PM
Dec 2013
It would be very sad because one of them will be left out! :(((
Possibilities for the end:
HikarixManaka
HikarixChisaki
TsumuguxManaka
MuinaxHikari
KanamexSayu
ChisakixTsumugu
KanamexChisaki

So basically one if them will probably be left out with no one :(
If i had to choose who to eliminate it would be MANAKA
Feb 13, 2014 10:06 PM

Oct 2011
I don't really know how I feel about Kaname.
|ω・)
Feb 13, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 2012
ScazoN said:
HikarixManaka
HikarixChisaki
TsumuguxManaka
MuinaxHikari
KanamexSayu
ChisakixTsumugu
KanamexChisaki

imo it's looking like a harem ending. HikarixAllTheBitches
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 11:05 PM

Dec 2013
kickmesign said:
ScazoN said:
HikarixManaka
HikarixChisaki
TsumuguxManaka
MuinaxHikari
KanamexSayu
ChisakixTsumugu
KanamexChisaki

imo it's looking like a harem ending. HikarixAllTheBitches

To be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't mind a harem ending, but it sure as hell ain't gonna happen in this anime. A "keep the status quo" ending would probably be more realistic, where every ones feelings remain forever unresolved and like a second season comes out because of it, lol.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 13, 2014 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
I really liked how we got to see more of Tsumugu in this episode ~ But I think Chisaki will probably end up with Tsumugu ... Anyway, one of the characters will end up alone, and I think it will probably be Miuna, or it will have a sad ending with Manaka/Hikari saving the world, since it was pointed out how childish Sea God is, it is bound to be trouble in the future..

What I would like to happen is Kaname x Sayu, I think Kaname will realise in the future that there's no place for him in Chisaki's heart :( Chisaki, although she says she still loves Hikari, I think it is more complicated than that, it was her first love, and it is easy to be confused with it, it's hard to let go, but I think Tsumugu would be the most obvious ending for her. Then, although I would love Miuna to be happy I think it will be awkward if she ends up with Hikari, I'm pretty sure Hikari will never give up his fixation for Manaka, so I think in the end Miuna will probably move forward in her life..

But there might be many plot twists! But this anime is beautiful, I don't think we will be disappointed, there is no character that I hate, I will be happy if everyone is happy /this is not going to have an ending like Oreimo!/

I can't wait !!
Feb 13, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
I feel so triumphant and yet empty (considering the time spent) at the same time considering a few weeks back I was arguing with someone who said Chisaki had already moved on from her past life while I told her NO SHE HASN'T!

Well whatever.. this episode is a big "fuck you" to Chisaki x Tsumugu shippers. It's going to take a hell lot of twists for Chisaki to change her feelings. And no, Chisaki's feelings isn't simply admiration or family love like some people here claimed. They purposely showed us a scene on how Chisaki fell for Hikari and had her basically re-live the scene as well as that talk about what's important is your feeling, not your age. She likes Hikari who always protects Manaka and Manaka's return as well as Hikari's action in this episode only reinforce the part that made Chisaki adore Hikari so much (his desire to protect Manaka).

It would seem that my theory that there will only be ONE pair at the end, just like Okada's previous works, is getting closer. I hate to say it but as much as Okada likes to mind fuck her viewers, she always ended up with the obvious choice that she has established since the first episode. In this case it'd be Hikari x Manaka with everyone else chasing after someone else's tail like they are currently doing.
MoeGodFeb 13, 2014 11:48 PM
Feb 14, 2014 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
^I thought ManakaxTsumugu was the first couple

Oh sh*t, lots of Tsumugu x Chisaki x Kaname this episodes. I'm so pleased! Tsumugu and Kaname sees Chisaki in an awkward position. LOL. THAT KANAME BLUSH!

And OMG Chisaki still likes Hikari! I thought she moved on already! Then we have the still sleeping Manaka and it has been weeks since she returned! Looks like someone has to kiss her. Hikari got a kiss before by Miuna... LOL and Kaname didn't have any of that kiss. Poor kaname.

I'm surprised there's still a continuation to the story of the Sea God's Bride.
joori_StrawberryFeb 14, 2014 12:36 AM
pew pew pew
Feb 14, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
in the end i think the pairings will be-

chisaki x tsumugu
manaka x hikari
sayu x kaname
the classmate who has a crush on miuna x miuna

still, this show is really dragging things out. glad to see more chisaki interaction with tsumugu and kaname. they seem like the more interesting bunch right now. tbh i'm kinda glad we got a break from miuna and her internal battle regarding hikari and manaka.

kinda disappointed that chisaki still has feelings for hikari. maybe they're not romantic feelings but more of respect. cuz i don't see how hikari and chisaki's relationship will go anywhere especially with the age difference and with the fact that hikari's only got manaka on his mind
Feb 14, 2014 12:16 AM

Feb 2012
I find it difficult to root for one character, in this episode, watching Kaname was crushing. Waking up to only find another man who could potentially be together with his childhood crush, and that's not even finished when he see's Chisaki staring at Hikari.
Feb 14, 2014 1:58 AM
Mar 2009
Yes!! Tsumugu reveals his feelings! Honestly got annoyed at Chisaki for still liking Hikari after all this time... can't blame Kaname for acting like a bastard though. Waiting for Chisaki to realise she likes Tsumugu...
Feb 14, 2014 2:23 AM

May 2010
I just wanna say kudos to the animators who are paying so much attention at drawing such beautiful art and animation..

Chisaki as a nurse <3 Chisaki trying to get inside her middle school outfit was adorable. She seems to be narrator of this story now.

She still likes him! Why? I am supposed to dislike these kind of age gap ships with older female but my love for this ship is so strong that... I can't help it. Tbh, I don't like Tsumugu x Chisaki as much because Tsumugu is a bit too silent and I want him to be with someone who is more cheerful and bubbly (Manaka in other words). Nevertheless, I liked their interactions in this episode, the most likable ones so far. I like Miuna x Hikari more, but still lesser than him with Chisaki. Tsumugu x Manaka still holds strong in my heart...

This is giving me Clannad feels now... Who is going to be left behind, I wonder. Gah, this anime is killing me... So many conflicts, so many emotions, so many feelings; this anime feels 'alive' to me somehow. Like I can picture their world in my mind, and think, yeah something like that can happen.

Hannah_Ana said:

This is going to end badly. I predict that Miuna is going to put a pillow over Manaka's face and smother her to death in the hopes that once Manaka dies, Hikari will look her way. Kaname is going to walk in on Tsumugu and Chisaki sharing a kiss and go hang himself in a closet. Sayu, distraught over Kaname's suicide will swear to love no other man...and become a lesbian. Hikari still won't look Miuna's way after Manaka's death and will become a hikikomori instead. Miuna, feeling guilty over the fruitless murder she committed, will fling herself into Shishioshio and right into the arms of the Sea God. ~The End

Sent with Mal Updater

This post is GOLDEN!
TragicRomanceFeb 14, 2014 2:32 AM
Feb 14, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2013
iNeon said:
So many love triangles so little episodes left.

I'm kind of worried because of this ^.

I want to see how the love septagon will resolve, but there are still so many other things i want to see:
- more character development (especially Kaname, Chisaki, Tsumugu, Manaka)
- why does Tsumugu live with his grandfather and not with his parents (what
happened between him and his parents)
- after the big showdown which will happen in the last episodes , will the sea kids
see their familys again? (if the answer is no, how will they cope with it)

I think 7 episodes will be not enough to answer everything, but I really really really want a closed ending for this anime :/!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 14, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
Chisaki everywhere in this episode! Love her wearing her old uniform, nurse outfit, and drinking and getting drunk!!

-For Hikari, I ship all girls except Manaka (for unknown reason).
-For Chisaki, I prefer her with either Hikari or Tsumugu. Not really for Kaname coz when he doesn't get what he wants, he turns DARK and becomes a STALKER! He has this facade of being the ideal guy, but boy, he his mask is gradually removing.

This is the most tangled, confusing, messed up love/romance anime!! Its an entangled love web! So confusing yet intriguing!! Gotta love it!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 14, 2014 3:58 AM
Feb 2014
I hope there will be a season 2 of this series. Chisaki going out with Tsumugu is pretty obvious at this point, He's the kind of guy who always gets the girl.Even though Kaname is going to be hotter than him 5years from now

Anyway i just hope for a season 2 for this to turn into real drama
Feb 14, 2014 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
Laughs said:
Hannah_Ana said:

For some reason I laughed my ass off reading your shit. xDD

+1 LOL
Feb 14, 2014 4:44 AM

Jul 2010
Chisaki should just give up Hikari and start looking at another direction (Tsumugu/Kaname).

Kaname's getting pretty salty lately tho.
Feb 14, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2010
Loved the focus on Chisaki this episode
Poor Kaname it's a torture to live under the same roof with the one you love
For Tsumugu it must have been like that for 5 years

Looks like there won't be any pairs made at the end, since the mutual love isn't around here

All characters besides Manaka and Tsumugu have multiple characters having a crush on them

The second entrance at Shioshishio was so romantic at the end with Hikari holding Chisaki's hand like old times
Feb 14, 2014 5:33 AM

Dec 2009
Kaname each day is more aggressive to Tsumugu. Being Kaname is suffering.

Anyways, even though Chisaki says she still loves Hikari I'm sure she will end up with Tsumugu. Again, being Kaname is suffering.

And now, the Sea God. That God is quite a prick. But I wouldn't mind if he takes Manaka again.
Feb 14, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 2011
So glad we got a Chisaki-centric episode! Kinda shocked she still has feelings for Hikari, but I'm still hoping she ends up with Tsumugu. You'd think after 5 years of living together Tsumugu would have confessed, but apparently not. Hoping Manaka wakes up next episode.
Feb 14, 2014 6:49 AM
Jan 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

Ah, but you forget that the Sea God's wife's children all lived under the sea, that meant she couldn't return to them, she would have wanted to return if not forever at least time to time. That is why sea god was (is) a pos. Hikari is spot on there (and why this show will have a happy ending).

Call me heartless, but I don't consider losing the ability to return to the place she didn't want to be as a sad ending. As for the children, it'd be pointless if the maiden kept her ena if they didn't want to see her after she abandons them. Besides, sea people can go to the surface, they could still see each other if they wanted to.

I hope they elaborate more on the continuation of the Ofunehiki story. A lot of people seem to believe that it's related to Manaka and why she's losing her ena. I don't think that's the case. Unlike Chisaki, Manaka realized her feelings for Tsumugu wasn't love but admiration, he was part of the world she was curious about. Also, the place Manaka was found... It feels more like the Sea God rejected her as the sacrifice and left her with the dolls and is taking her ena as punishment? If I remember correctly, Uroko-sama said he couldn't let Akari and Hikari leave the sea, and Manaka sacrificed herself to allow Akari to stay with Miuna and her dad.
Feb 14, 2014 7:45 AM
Apr 2012
I think that what Chisaki said about "still liking Hikari" is more like effect from reminiscing about the past. (Because I do have a moment like that with my first crush) Chisaki already realized that there are no hope for her and Hikari. She didnt expect positive reply when she confessed. I like Tsumugu and Chisaki since Tsumugu lectured her and Chisaki got mad. That was the only time Tsumugu talked like that to anyone. That was the first Chisaki got mad like that. It very important in relationship to able to show real emotions and not holding back. Chisaki want to become a nurse to take care of Tsumugu grandpa, Asian do have a sense of that. But I think that her decision was also because of Tsumugu. She is ready to do what it take to make him happy, that how I see it. The thing is she might feel guilty to move on because she the one who dont want anything to change. And because of that, it blocked her from realizing her true feelings.
I do feel bad for Kaname, but his method of showing his feelings not really working out. To viewers there are hint that he like her before his confession, but to Chisaki that just come out of nowhere. I like Kaname, but he is more of verbal than action. I want Kaname to end up with Sayu because I dont want them to be left out, but I doubt that will happen. For person who will end up with Hikari, Im fine with either of them (although I like Miuna more) Im okay with any paring except Tsumugu and Manaka.
Feb 14, 2014 8:23 AM
Jan 2014
What happening in this episode that confused me a lot .
Tsumugu 's grandfather tells Chisaki the old folk story
: " Ojiso-sama ,after being a Sea god wife 's ,still wants to return to surface . Because she still in deep love with some one ". Isn't it obvious that Manaka definitely will be on the surface and Miuna will be a Sea people.
So things will turn out to be :
Chisaki x ............( actually i like Tsumugu)
Manakax tsumugu( fits perfectly base on the folk)
After 5 years , Chisaki still likes Hikari . Why ?
I hope she will realise that "hopeless feeling" soon.
Feb 14, 2014 8:28 AM
Jan 2014
Hannah_Ana said:

Sent with Mal Updater

Yeah . With this ending, I think we will never see anymore animes of PA WORKS again.
Feb 14, 2014 9:13 AM

Dec 2012
hokoritsuki said:
What happening in this episode that confused me a lot .
Tsumugu 's grandfather tells Chisaki the old folk story
: " Ojiso-sama ,after being a Sea god wife 's ,still wants to return to surface . Because she still in deep love with some one ". Isn't it obvious that Manaka definitely will be on the surface and Miuna will be a Sea people.
So things will turn out to be :
Chisaki x ............( actually i like Tsumugu)
Manakax tsumugu( fits perfectly base on the folk)

just my speculation :) vv
it could be that manaka wanted to live on surface to be with tsumugu but seeing akari was supposed to be the original sacrifice, and it is akari who is in love with someone from the land, but manaka willing to sacrifice herself instead, thus losing her ena. its either it her dearest wish to live on surface (or be with tsumugu) or it's because she "replaced" akari.
Feb 14, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
Very strong episode. Very insightful. I love how they put in a childhood flashback and eventually linked it to the end of the episode.
Feb 14, 2014 10:05 AM
Oct 2012
meme-chan said:
Call me heartless, but I don't consider losing the ability to return to the place she didn't want to be as a sad ending.

At no point did they say that she didn't want to be there, or that she intended to leave forever. She just wanted to return home once. Given the amount of time that had passed, do you think she really expected her former love to have waited patiently? Of course not, but that doesn't mean she didn't want to go and see what had happened to him, to have one last chance to talk with him, to have the chance to have closure. This is why the Sea God was so petty, he had no faith in her (and more to the point no faith in himself), instead he punished her for not being completely devoted to him.

That is the Sea God's problem, that has been shown in this show countless times. His trying to stop Akari and Hikari, his refusing to give the children an Ena, he even put everyone into hibernation in order to force them to stay. He is a vain, small minded, spiteful person. This was shown last episode.

meme-chan said:
As for the children, it'd be pointless if the maiden kept her ena if they didn't want to see her after she abandons them. Besides, sea people can go to the surface, they could still see each other if they wanted to.

Her children were already grown and had their own children, so she didn't "abandon them" (and speaking of which do you think of your own mother that way, that she has to be totally committed to you)?

meme-chan said:
Besides, sea people can go to the surface, they could still see each other if they wanted to.

The implication of the story was that she couldn't go, the Sea God would not let her. There is a popular Japanese myth (Urashima Taro) that is the basis of this story, in western mythology think Calypso and Odysseus.

meme-chan said:
I hope they elaborate more on the continuation of the Ofunehiki story. A lot of people seem to believe that it's related to Manaka and why she's losing her ena. I don't think that's the case. Unlike Chisaki, Manaka realized her feelings for Tsumugu wasn't love but admiration, he was part of the world she was curious about. Also, the place Manaka was found... It feels more like the Sea God rejected her as the sacrifice and left her with the dolls and is taking her ena as punishment? If I remember correctly, Uroko-sama said he couldn't let Akari and Hikari leave the sea, and Manaka sacrificed herself to allow Akari to stay with Miuna and her dad.

We'll get more of that this upcoming episode. If you want another clue: Uroko-sama didn't mean "couldn't" but rather he "wouldn't" let them leave. People shouldn't forget that their father was the Sea God's priest, meaning that he is probably the descendent of the first child of the Sea God. So Akari and more particularly Hikari's rejection stung the most. Because after all the Sea God is a jealous God.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.