Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
I disliked how the "internet" exploded by giving it 0s on day 1. Though there were elements that may not have been seen as favorable, the amount of negativity and hate was overblown. I had a blast personally.
Feb 4, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2013
The ending they finally delivered with the extended cut was a vast improvement and kind of ok, but the original one was just rushed and really bad and everyone at Bioware should have seen it. And the synthesis stuff is just bullshit, no matter how you look at it.

I got also really mad at their DLC policies, the ones in ME 1 were just some nice extras, but some of the stuff in ME 2 (notably The Arrival) already affected ME 3 in a negative way, if you hadn't bought it (which is an insolence). In ME 3 they obviously cut major chunks out of the game to sell them at an obscene price separately.

Still, I enjoyed the trilogy and it propably was the defining video game series of my youth.

> I disliked how the "internet" exploded by giving it 0s on day 1. Though there were elements that may not have been seen as favorable, the amount of negativity and hate was overblown. I had a blast personally.

Yeah, they way overreacted. Then again, it brought me the hilarious Marauder Shields meme, so maybe it was worth it :)
VentrisFeb 4, 2014 5:51 PM

Feb 4, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
While I did enjoy the Mass Effect trilogy and would play a 4th game if ever came out, it's definitely a series packed with flaws. On game 3 we have

NotJizzyHitler said:
id like to say battlefield 4 is the best game ever, its story made cry, my favorite character was the black guy because he was a guy who was black and he told me to open doors which id of never figured out on my own such a great puzzel, I enjoy the shooty shooty you do and how things look pretty when you shoot them

I shed a tear just remembering how awesome that game is.
Feb 4, 2014 6:06 PM
Nov 2009
doraemon1992 said:
I only played the first ME back then. It's quite hard to get a decent PC games in my place :s

mugi said:
I don't play games for story anyway. Skip button master.
Then Batman arkham series should fit your taste. or metal slug.

I like Metal Slug. But it's not like I avoid games with story. RPGs are actually my favorite games, like FFVI.

It's just that I lack patience for most recent attempts at trying to pull an "epic" game story, so I tend to skip them nowadays.
Vanquish ended up being one of my favorite games for PS3 because of that gameplay.
And Nier had a good mix of everything.
mugiFeb 4, 2014 6:20 PM
Feb 4, 2014 6:12 PM

Jan 2013
FastnessofWheels said:
doose ecks best vidja gayme

just look at these testimonials from pleased customer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZeZxQ9umWM

That intro sequence makes my heart go "doki-doki".
Feb 4, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
sushiisawesome said:
AlabastreAizo said:
sushiisawesome said:
Wait, whaaaaaat?!
Mango, I shall slit my own throat as punishment.

What what what what why?

I do not admire Western games and Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time. I hereby give myself up and shall rot in pleb hell for all eternity. Farewell.

Good riddance. May the denizens of hell make you suffer for all eternity.

Curious as to why you don't admire Western games. Also hey, you're not the only one here who likes Persona 4. It simply just has no place in this thread specifically.
dietmangoFeb 4, 2014 9:54 PM
Feb 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2013
Mass Effect, as a whole, was my favorite experience to come out of this generation of video games. I still have to experience supposedly stellar titles such as The Last of Us.

For this generation of video games, which ones stood out for you?
Feb 4, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2013
Nagisa33 said:
Dota 2, Dishonored, Batman arkham series, left4dead 2, The walking dead (which is pretty surprising considering how I loathe the TV adaptation), and Shadow of colossus just because I only played it recently

on and pokemon X/Y if they counts
Feb 5, 2014 4:56 AM

Feb 2008
Haakonwale said:
Ventris said:
Haakonwale said:
If anyone wants to play Hearthstone or the StarCraft 2 Arcade, you can add me on Battle.net Haakonwale#2712

Done. I propably suck at Hearthstone though :)
My ID is Ventris# 2792, if anyone is interested.
I suck too, so let's get better together.

Can I suck at Heartstone too with you guys? ZetaZaku#1284

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 5, 2014 9:21 AM
Nov 2009
Nagisa33 said:

Nier, Vanquish, MGS Revengeance, Ni no Kuni, Armored Core Verdict Day, Dark Souls, KOFXIII, Dragon's Dogma were some of the best I played and Deus Ex HR, and FFXIII-2, Tales of Xillia, Ar Tonelico Qoga and Yakuza 3 were fun too.
Those are the ones I played on the PS3 though, I don't remember what I played on my brother's consoles.
Feb 5, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2009
Nagisa33 said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dragon Age: Origins, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Virtue's Last Reward, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, The World Ends With You, No More Heroes, Brütal Legend, BioShock, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mass Effect. I spent a lot of time on all these games, 100% on most of 'em (which I don't do often).

For Indie: Jamestown, Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, Terraria, and To The Moon.

There were a ton of games that I played from before this generation that I really enjoyed this past year, too.
Feb 5, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2013
Nagisa33 said:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Bayonetta, Alpha Protocol and Dragon Age: Origins were propably my favorites. Also Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 and Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii as well as Luigis Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS.

e: Also Space Pirates and Zombies (and Bounty Hunters) for the lulz :)

Feb 5, 2014 10:48 AM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Haakonwale said:
Ventris said:
Haakonwale said:
If anyone wants to play Hearthstone or the StarCraft 2 Arcade, you can add me on Battle.net Haakonwale#2712

Done. I propably suck at Hearthstone though :)
My ID is Ventris# 2792, if anyone is interested.
I suck too, so let's get better together.

Can I suck at Heartstone too with you guys? ZetaZaku#1284
Of course! More varied decks and playstyles to play against makes us better. Win/win. I'll add you when I get home.
Feb 5, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
Is Fire emblem: Awakening really that good? I have been considering to buy it these days, but I haven't played the franchise before, at all.
Feb 5, 2014 11:11 AM

May 2013
It is really excellent turn-based strategy with a solid plot and as difficult as you want it to be. If you like the genre, you will propably like the game.

Feb 5, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Who here is going to buy Dark Souls 2 on either PS3 on PC next month?
I'll buy it on PS3 the 14th and play the shit out of it before buying it on PC to play coop with some friends, then switch between the two for PvP.
Feb 5, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Ventris said:
It is really excellent turn-based strategy with a solid plot and as difficult as you want it to be. If you like the genre, you will propably like the game.
I see.. I don't know though, I suck so hard at those turn-based strategy kind of game like FF tactics, Disgaea, Advance wars, etc.. My last solution always end up on cheating up my way until the end ;_;

AlabastreAizo said:
The World Ends With You
One of the best thing Square Enix ever produced. It will forever be among my top 10 games that I have ever played.
Feb 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Haakonwale said:
I'll buy it on PS3 the 14th and play the shit out of it before buying it on PC to play coop with some friends, then switch between the two for PvP.

Probably going to pre-order for PS3 right now.
Feb 5, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
doraemon1992 said:
Is Fire emblem: Awakening really that good? I have been considering to buy it these days, but I haven't played the franchise before, at all.

Fire Emblem Awakening is my first dive in to the strategy RPG genre and I'm loving it. I played it on Lunatic at first but then it was too difficult so I jumped down to Hard. Hard is just right for me and it offers the challenge that I'm comfortable with (but it can kick my butt if I don't plan appropriately). Lunatic really is for veterans or people who have beaten the game a few times. I'm going to play it once I beat the game though. When I started winning I got a feeling of satisfaction that I haven't felt since Dark Souls. If it's too difficult or you don't want to waste time grinding (though grinding isn't required to win) you can always download EXPonential Growth DLC for a mere $2.50.

There's a lot of replayability and depth. You can listen to multiple character interactions, try new strategies, focus on different units, forge your weapons, build relationships, have kids, branch out to new classes, utilize unique skills, try online challenges, and check out some quality (and cheap) DLC.

I'm more than half way through now and the further I go, the more options become available to me. I can't recommend it enough, especially if you're looking for rewarding gameplay and solid character interactions.
Nagisa33Feb 5, 2014 12:37 PM
Feb 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Haakonwale said:

I'm getting it for the 360. It sure is going to be a deathly exciting experience! I've been avoiding all spoilers and I'm not going to go on the forums or wikis until I beat it at least once. I want minimal assistance. I love accomplishing challenges, big or small, and discovering secrets out on my own. Though getting a little help from a phantom buddy from time to time is fine too. Hopefully there will be a character as fun as Solaire or Siegmeyer in DS2. Ahhhh! I can't wait! :)
Nagisa33Feb 5, 2014 12:51 PM
Feb 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Nagisa33 said:
Haakonwale said:

I'm getting it for the 360. It sure is going to be a deathly exciting experience! I've been avoiding all spoilers and I'm not going to go on the forums or wikis until I beat it at least once. I want minimal assistance. I love accomplishing challenges, big or small, and discovering secrets out on my own. Though getting a little help from a phantom buddy from time to time is fine too. Hopefully there will be a character as fun as Solaire or Siegmeyer in DS2. Ahhhh! I can't wait! :)

Ah, okay. I asked because I want t do some coop and/or duels with you guys when I've completed the game once or twice. Too bad you're getting it on 360, the only console I don't own.
Feb 5, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2009
Jade Empire, since I didn't see it on here.
Current AMV Project: Started The Layout For Cowboy Bebop.
Feb 5, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
WHO HERE DYNASTY WARRIORS

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"
Feb 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"

Button mashing at its best.
Feb 5, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2011
Litrydow said:
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"

Button mashing at its best.

Can't argue with you there. Currently, I'm hyping the shit out of Samurai Warriors 4. If they ever bring it to the states..... I'm sure they will, even though they only brought the Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3 here.
Feb 5, 2014 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"

Dynasty Warriors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Call of Dudu
Don't you filthy it's name by calling it the Japanese Call of Dudu!

I hope they fixed the bugs in Dynasty Warriors 8 for 360. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 and Dynasty Warriors 8 were unplayable, especially the coop in DW8. Sucks having a 360 :/

Feb 5, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2009
Zetsumeisama said:

I don't think that is considered to be this generation? Now I'm confused. I thought we were talking about this past console generation.
Feb 5, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2013
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"
I love Warriors Orochi, now I wish I have PS3 so I can play Warriors Orochi 3 =s
Feb 5, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
doraemon1992 said:
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"
I love Warriors Orochi, now I wish I have PS3 so I can play Warriors Orochi 3 =s

I hate it how I spent more time playing with Ryu Hayabusa than my favorite DW/SW characters.

Feb 5, 2014 9:14 PM

Apr 2013
ZetaZaku said:
doraemon1992 said:
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"

I hate it how I spent more time playing with Ryu Hayabusa than my favorite DW/SW characters.
You just can't stop the temptation!
I, for one, really want to try my hand at Susano-o and nezha.
as for the previous game, my favorite are Sunwukong, TaigongWang, and Yoshitsune.
There are just too many of them!
Feb 5, 2014 9:44 PM

Feb 2008
doraemon1992 said:
ZetaZaku said:
doraemon1992 said:
FastnessofWheels said:

a.k.a "The Japanese COD"

You just can't stop the temptation!
I, for one, really want to try my hand at Susano-o and nezha.
as for the previous game, my favorite are Sunwukong, TaigongWang, and Yoshitsune.
There are just too many of them!

Imagine being that of a completionist that you MUST max out each character and get the best weapon.

But then again, there are so many stages and so many DLC stages. I decided to beat all stages on all difficulties, which does help that "level up" idea.

Damn, now I feel like playing WO3 ;_;

Feb 6, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
AlabastreAizo said:
Zetsumeisama said:

I don't think that is considered to be this generation? Now I'm confused. I thought we were talking about this past console generation.

I might be playing the game wrong. Please explain how this game works. I am confused and I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought we were talking about American games and Jade Empire was developed by Bioware, so it's not Japanese?
Feb 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
It's funny how this thread was intended to be strictly for Western games (not just American), but we still see people talking about Japanese games.
Feb 6, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
dietmango said:
It's funny how this thread was intended to be strictly for Western games (not just American), but we still see people talking about Japanese games.

Haak mentioned Dark Souls and I got sucked in without even noticing lmao.
Feb 6, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
AngelsArcanum said:
dietmango said:

MAL clubs takes me to some strange places it seems lol. @dietmango my bad. lol your right western games should of said western games, gotcha. hah
Feb 6, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
dietmango said:

I'm sorry for ruining this prestigious thread with my weeabooness. Btw, your avatar is Mako.
Feb 6, 2014 11:27 PM

Mar 2009
dietmango said:

I didn't read the OP. Please excuse me.
Feb 7, 2014 12:30 AM

Feb 2012
I like Warriors too, but I'm not really liking their "one step forward, three steps back" -game design in recent stuff. I frequently think I should just go back and play DW 4 or something.

As for western games, I only play some Skyrim really. A fun game, but unfortunately even with all the "improvements" in gameplay it stills plays like ass. Honestly I don't feel that it plays any different from Oblivion. I have also been playing some RTS, mainly Anno every now and then. I seem to have lost my interest in more combat oriented games of the genre so now I'm looking back towards building sims, since I too have become more casual over the years and just want to relax building charming cities.
Feb 7, 2014 1:28 AM

Feb 2008
mecharobot said:
I like Warriors too, but I'm not really liking their "one step forward, three steps back" -game design in recent stuff. I frequently think I should just go back and play DW 4 or something.

I actually thought that Dynasty Warriors 7 was a huge improvement in the series. But it did have those steps back, because the leveling system was horrible and didn't really promote playing different characters. The Story Mode however was fantastic.

Feb 7, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2009
As long as you all understand this fact, I won't slit your throat.

Not yet anyways. O__O

Kidding aside gents, it's fine. The other thread was focused on just VNs and JRPGs anyway. But as long as we're still focused on mostly Western games here, it's not a big of a problem. This site has enough Japanese anyway ;)

mecharobot said:

As for western games, I only play some Skyrim really. A fun game, but unfortunately even with all the "improvements" in gameplay it stills plays like ass. Honestly I don't feel that it plays any different from Oblivion. I have also been playing some RTS, mainly Anno every now and then. I seem to have lost my interest in more combat oriented games of the genre so now I'm looking back towards building sims, since I too have become more casual over the years and just want to relax building charming cities.

It's been a while since I've played a Sims game. Still, I haven't really invested a lot of time with one. Once I build my own PC someday I'll get back into PC gaming again. Skyrim is a fun game for sure, and I guess it's my introduction to the ES series. I did download Morrowind last year, per Nid's and lordzeru's persuasion.

Oh yeah, anybody here looking forward to ESO? Let me know how it is (if you're in the beta)!

Lastly, what upcoming games are you guys looking forward to this year?
Feb 7, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
dietmango said:
Well, assuming they are really going to be released this year and I have enough money or memory in my HD, I'm looking forward the most to Thief, Fortnite, The walking dead S2, and dying light inquisition.

I wish I had PS3/4 or 360 so I can anticipating much more games. And time to play them. I really need it..

dietmango said:
As long as you all understand this fact, I won't slit your throat.
What's the matter with you and people's throat, Diet? o.o
Feb 7, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
dietmango said:

Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls 2, Destiny, and Super Smash Bros. 3DS. I'm trying to know as little as possible about MGSV and DS2 especially before I dive in to their wonderfully chaotic worlds. MGSV is going to be a wild ride of twists and turns. If I let it, DS2 is going to eat me up and spit me out.
Nagisa33Feb 7, 2014 10:39 AM
Feb 7, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
dietmango said:
Oh yeah, anybody here looking forward to ESO? Let me know how it is (if you're in the beta)!

Lordzeru and I tried it an hour ago. His game crashed five or six times (lucky tengu), so I ended up playing by myself. The game is really crappy though. Its a watered down version of Skyrim with the first quests being really boring, like, collect three items to open the door etc. Of course there are some glitches, like my character running as if he was mentally challenged. It wouldn't be a problem if the game was f2p. But SUBSCRIPTION for THIS pile of SHIT? No way.

Biggest flaw was not allowing me to make my character black. How can he be JOHJ if he isn't black? SERIOUSLY!

Feb 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2009
Western games.. western games... let's see...

I just beat the 2008 Prince of Persia. I wanted to like it because of the amazing art direction, but the gameplay is just too flawed. I also beat Gun recently. Bad game.
I'm not sure why, but I haven't been playing good Western games lately. I will surely play better ones while I work my way through my backlog. I'll probably beat Dragon Age II next, since I'm on the final act.

I've been playing lots of Japanese games lately. I beat the third Phoenix Wright game yesterday (although I owned it since its release...), and it was quite the good conclusion to the original trilogy. I also beat Sonic CD and Sonic 4: Episode 1 recently. Sonic CD was fantastic. Sonic 4 was flawed, and its final boss battle made me quite annoyed (it is difficult to annoy me, so that's a bad sign). I deleted it as soon as I beat it. I picked up the legendary shoot 'em up, Mushihime Futari this evening from a local shop, and is great fun. Probably my favorite shoot 'em up since Jamestown.
Feb 7, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
dietmango said:

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost (out already), Drakengard 3 (pre-ordered), Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zestria, Ragnarok Ace and Dark Souls 2 ofc.

Maybes: Tales of Symphonia HD, Final Fantasy X HD, BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, Conception II (for the lolz) and Deception IV.

Oh sh*t wait...
Feb 7, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2009
Did you guys hear Fallout 4 is coming out. Let's go vault hunting. Delta, bravo, tango, VATS!!!!! "Because War, war never changes" and neither does that quote.
Feb 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
Zetsumeisama said:
Did you guys hear Fallout 4 is coming out. Let's go vault hunting. Delta, bravo, tango, VATS!!!!! "Because War, war never changes" and neither does that quote.
But my man Solid Snake told me "War has changed." You callin' a guy with a butt that fine a liar!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbKOboT5wQ
Feb 7, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
AlabastreAizo said:
I beat the third Phoenix Wright game yesterday (although I owned it since its release...), and it was quite the good conclusion to the original trilogy
Have you tried the other spin-off where the MC is the prosecutor? (the purple suited guy. I forgot his name)
There will also be Layton x Ace attorney game this year. I can't wait for it!

@Nagisa: Snake is a big fat liar. That's why he got that codename, "snake".
Sorry.
Feb 7, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2013
Nagisa33 said:
Zetsumeisama said:
But my man Solid Snake told me "War has changed." You callin' a guy with a butt that fine a liar!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbKOboT5wQ

The answer is no, unless it is yes!

Feb 7, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Ventris
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8 said:

The answer is no, unless it is yes![/url]

Hahaha! Sooooo real!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.