Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 4:56 AM

Jun 2012
I'm about as surprised by this reaction, considering how the first episode felt, as I am by the first episode.

I've got to say that I felt rather let down by this episode. Randomly bouncing jugs aside, as that's mostly a pet peeve of mine, the kiss scenes kind of felt shoehorned in. Like, it's pretty much the only thing I'm able to remember from watching. I feel like if you want scenes like that, there's got to be a natural development. This felt mostly like a massive pack of fanservice. I wouldn't say that that's a bad thing, but seeing as fanservice is a neutral thing to me, if that's all this show ends up being, I suppose I'll drop it. If I continue watching this show, it'll be because the characters have developed and become interesting, because at this point, the characters are neither terribly interesting to me, nor do their relationships even seem logically written. (To clarify what I mean by this, I spent most of the show thinking, "People don't behave that way. It doesn't make sense for someone to behave that way. Their actions are not being triggered by proper motivations. How could a relationship have developed to that point, yet there's still random shyness mixed in?" and so on.)
Jan 11, 2014 5:42 AM
Feb 2012
rebpanda said:
I'm about as surprised by this reaction, considering how the first episode felt, as I am by the first episode.

I've got to say that I felt rather let down by this episode. Randomly bouncing jugs aside, as that's mostly a pet peeve of mine, the kiss scenes kind of felt shoehorned in. Like, it's pretty much the only thing I'm able to remember from watching. I feel like if you want scenes like that, there's got to be a natural development. This felt mostly like a massive pack of fanservice. I wouldn't say that that's a bad thing, but seeing as fanservice is a neutral thing to me, if that's all this show ends up being, I suppose I'll drop it. If I continue watching this show, it'll be because the characters have developed and become interesting, because at this point, the characters are neither terribly interesting to me, nor do their relationships even seem logically written. (To clarify what I mean by this, I spent most of the show thinking, "People don't behave that way. It doesn't make sense for someone to behave that way. Their actions are not being triggered by proper motivations. How could a relationship have developed to that point, yet there's still random shyness mixed in?" and so on.)

I must said I have similar opinion in you that I am not into it as much as most people in this thread into it, but I've seen a person call Nichijou a boring anime with unfunny joke yet at the same time I've seen a person life changed because of Nichijou and he praised Nichijou as second coming...
This experience makes me able to accept that people do genuinely feel something different than what I feel...

Perhaps you and I only see the thing here as not so much connected stuffs...
Like eating pie, but only the ingredient of pie that can become pie, not yet a pie...
However, doesn't mean what we feel means what other must feel...

Perhaps they seen hidden depth that hidden to our naked eye...
Perhaps we see it in the wrong way...
Perhaps we saw it when our condition isn't right...
Perhaps we focus on wrong end...

But don't be surprised...
I think it just different of taste and perspective...
(Err.. I guess this last two sentences are my point...)
Jan 11, 2014 5:45 AM

Aug 2007
Really liked the first episode, a lot of potential for the series :D
Jan 11, 2014 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
It was better than I expected. I have high hopes for this series. Watching people kissing is boring so hopefully they won't overdo it too much in that regard.
Jan 11, 2014 6:08 AM

Feb 2010
Something feels really badly done in this, it's probably the fact that they are adapting a 4-koma manga "too faithfully", it just doesn't work.

My only hope about this is it to sell well so then maybe there will be an adaptation of a good yuri manga.
Jan 11, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
Well that was far more umm.... intense? than I was expecting.

Episode kept me smiling the whole time though, will definitely keep watching.

Jan 11, 2014 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
oh god, the character design is adorable. and their kisses omg :')

i was worried it would either be a shoujo-ai anime where you hardly even notice that two girls are gay or that it would be a complete ecchi anime. but wow, i really liked the first episode. at some point i thought it was a bit too... childish? hectic? over the top? i can't really put my finger on it. but all in all it was adorable and the fact that haruka was worried about making sounds made me squeak. so cute, damn.
but i can't understand why some people consider their kisses as "too much"? ôo if it was yaoi-like tongue action, i could understand it. but these kisses were actually pretty innocent. and i'm glad it's not just a little kiss on the lips, but they're "really" kissing each other instead.

great first episode. unfortunately it's slice of life, so we probably won't have a great/surprising storyline, but i think that anime can work with daily life scenes and little jokes. can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 11, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2007
On MAL, if you watch an anime you don't like you have a duty to write an essay about your dissatisfaction about the show, MAL users will do it with pride and proud no matter how wrong it could go.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 11, 2014 8:20 AM

May 2012
One thing that makes this good: It's not set in an all-girls school.

Why is this good? Well, when it's in an all-girls school, they're basically only around girls, so it can be taken more as them just dealing with the situation they've been handed/practicing for the future when they get a boyfriend/husband. When they're already around guys, then the former isn't a factor, and it makes the romance more likely to last past school.

Not saying it can't be like that with an all-girls setting, just that it helps to make things feel a little more 'real'. It would help if they also had male characters that interacted in the story though.
Jan 11, 2014 8:24 AM

Jun 2011
my reaction..
http://imageshack.com/a/img31/1030/ons4.jpg
i'm surprised that i liked it.. 4/5
Jan 11, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2013
MagicFlier said:
Just don't keep your hopes up though since it could go downhill from here...

Yuri animes like Aoi Hana previously flopped in sales despite being a serious yuri title, yet animes like YuruYuri sold a lot more and became a successful show. It only had yuri tones but had a lot of great comedy elements.

Right now, we are seeing both of those elements combined here in Sakura Trick. It's both slightly serious and has comedy elements. You don't get to see girls kissing on the first episode in this type of yuri title everyday.
My hopes are never up and I'm not going to be surprised if it flops. Not even going to be disappointed, since it's most likely its destiny and I'm okay with it because I never expected much to begin with. I would be rather pleased if it did well, though.

Aoi Hana has a special place in my heart, I wish other people could see what I see in it. S2 never, but I still thank JC Staff for making something good once in a while.

Sakura Trick's comedy is not my cup of tea but I still managed to find this enjoyable, probably because I'm biased. And we all know DEEN's not known for their budget, so anything can happen in the next episodes. For now, faithful adaptation - good on you, DEEN.
Jan 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
Hi Vampko.
Yuri anime series set in all-girls schools are wonderful. No shortage of examples.
Yuri anime series in coed school are wonderful when all of the boys are invisible.
However, some of the best yuri series include male characters as very important
elements of the story:
- Maria-sama ga Miteru (2004)
- Maria holic (2009)
- Sasameki Koto (2009)
- Aoi Hana (2009) a.k.a. Sweet Blue Flowers
The male characters tend to add a lot of complexity and complicated feelings.
Your basic yuri story is all girls, which makes it simpler to understand.
Jan 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Oct 2008
PatiRamos said:
The jump was the best I've ever seen.
Good episode.

That jump was an excellent epic BODY SLAM! anywayz good yuri.

Jan 11, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2013
okanagan said:
- Maria holic (2009)
Aw, come on now. Maria Holic was a parody of Marimite mixed with Utena touches and every homophobic joke ever. Maria was nothing but a hardcore bully who made fun and bashed Kanako for being a lesbian whenever the opportunity was there.
Jan 11, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2012
okanagan said:
Hi Vampko.
Yuri anime series set in all-girls schools are wonderful. No shortage of examples.
Yuri anime series in coed school are wonderful when all of the boys are invisible.
However, some of the best yuri series include male characters as very important
elements of the story:
- Maria-sama ga Miteru (2004)
- Maria holic (2009)
- Sasameki Koto (2009)
- Aoi Hana (2009) a.k.a. Sweet Blue Flowers

I've always strayed from Maria Holic because I heard it really doesn't have anything but one-sided yuri. Sasameki Koto was great, Marimite is a humongous timesink that I don't' know if I'll ever be ready for, and Aoi Hana is something I just haven't gotten around to yet.

I think why I don't find the "all-girls school" setting to be as good as I may have in the early days of my yuri fandom, is becaause of all the harems that popped up in all-girl settings because a guy randomly gets in, and suddenly all the girls are all over him. It's just really skewed my ability to find as much believability in all girl settings.
Jan 11, 2014 8:58 AM
Jan 2014
That kiss was so adorable and song was very catchy!I though there is going to be a kiss near the ending of Sakura Trick,but damn,it was in OP song and first episode,how nice.I'm looking forward to watching Episode 2.
Jan 11, 2014 9:05 AM

Oct 2012
Hi Mizusi. I don't want to say anything negative about Maria Holic. However, you
made a fairly good summary. Maria Holic is an excellent example of "nosebleed
yuri". Normally, Maria Holic is not considered to be a story with yuri as a central
element. Serious yuri fans should put it a bit lower down on their must-watch list.

Also, Mizusi, I strongly share your feelings for Aoi Hana. I love it. However, it did
take a lot of time and effort to understand. I started watching it and gave up
several times. It is a complicated story, for me at least. It is rewarding in the end.
Because Aoi Hana IS so complicated, I would not suggest it as the first series for
a new yuri fan.

Vampko, I agree with you that Maria-sama ga Miteru is a huge time sink. If you
have the time, it is time well spent. Note however, that "MariMite" was in fact
made by Studio DEEN. So don't expect to be overwhelmed by the quality of the
animation.

A common feature of the best yuri anime series is that they are difficult to access
in the beginning. I realize that Sakura Trick is very simple, but perhaps that is a
plus to let people get a sense of whether or not they want to go farther into the
genre. So I see Sakura Trick as having an important potential role. In addition,
Sakura Trick is historically important, since it is the first central-element yuri anime
after a four-year break.
Jan 11, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2013
Don't take me wrong, I enjoyed Maria Holic (season 1 was way funnier than season 2, though) but I wouldn't label it as Yuri. At all. I started my Yuri journey with Kannazuki No Miko, needless to say I didn't want to watch any more Yuri afterwards for a long time. Then, tried Aoi Hana and got cured again, followed by more disappointments (Strawberry Panic, Yamiboushi, etc) and pleasant surprises (Simoun, Yuru Yuri to a certain point).
Jan 11, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
Based on your recommendation, I'll have a look at Kannazuki no Miko and Simoun.

You are justified to say that Maria Holic is not yuri. But it does have nosebleeds
and a male character.

Strawberry Panic is worth a quick look.

Yuru Yuri is very, very good. But it does not take yuri beyond the nosebleed level.
Jan 11, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2009
xchee said:
LittleDemon said:
ALL THE YURI!! <3

Finally we don't have to put up with the "overly obvious subtext" trope that accompanies the anime titles that could easily be called shoujo-ai (coughsakicough).

What are you talking about? Everyone knows Saki is yuri with mahjong undertones.

/ :D
Don't forget about the nopan~
Jan 11, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2012
hiabara said:
oh god, the character design is adorable. and their kisses omg :')

i was worried it would either be a shoujo-ai anime where you hardly even notice that two girls are gay or that it would be a complete ecchi anime. but wow, i really liked the first episode. at some point i thought it was a bit too... childish? hectic? over the top? i can't really put my finger on it. but all in all it was adorable and the fact that haruka was worried about making sounds made me squeak. so cute, damn.
but i can't understand why some people consider their kisses as "too much"? ôo if it was yaoi-like tongue action, i could understand it. but these kisses were actually pretty innocent. and i'm glad it's not just a little kiss on the lips, but they're "really" kissing each other instead.

great first episode. unfortunately it's slice of life, so we probably won't have a great/surprising storyline, but i think that anime can work with daily life scenes and little jokes. can't wait for the next episode!
I'd consider this pretty darn ecchi, personally. There was hardly a scene without an awkward boob shot or skirt close up.
Yuri is the purest form of love. It's an undeniable truth.
AversaJan 11, 2014 4:30 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I think that's also an interesting point of discussion that hasn't been talked about much. How exactly does a show like this go about sustaining itself? Is such a thing even being considered by the staff of this show. Given what I've experience reading 4Koma there isn't exactly much in the way of continuity or intrigue to be had. It's kind of like the equivalent of the comic section in a newspaper more often than not. Some light pun or observation, character might make a proposal in one panel and then there's a punchline at the end. Not exactly much in the way of substance and intrigue.

That's the point. a show based on 4-koma is often to be a SOL show.

Sakura trick is SOL show with Yuri element addition. It's kind of like an upgrade version of Kiniro Mosaic where the yuri stay undertone. Sakura trick is not like Stawberry Panic which focus on romantic and drama yuri relationship (if you want yuri show with something to discuss, I recommend Stawberry Panic).

Now, for SOL show, you watch it to relax or for enjoyment not for a deep polt so, all the discussion will be about how person find characters cute, or how they enjoy the story. This happen in all SOL show discussion topic. The heavy or deep discussion are not expected to happen from the begin with.

Seriously, if someone say "SOL show is boring, the plot is too simple there is nothing to discuss, characters are bland ,and nothing really happen in each ep." - that person really don't know what he should expect from this type of show.
Jan 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
I do believe Yuri is the purest form of love.
But definitely not on this show, which would be more like, purest form of fanservice?
I dunno, go to dynasty-scans.com for more pure stuff.
Jan 11, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
rickrokks said:
MagicFlier said:
rickrokks said:
sakura trick is da beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesst and idk why people are going crazy for my review LOL

LOL It's posted everywhere on animesuki and tumblr. I'm laughing so hard.
You spoke the minds for every single shoujo-ai fan out there! A+ XD

LOL haha no wayyy link mee omfg lOL

I saw this too on tumblr, girls over there are all going crazy. xDDD
Everyone is probably really happy to see such a assertive yuri show (myself included)
I don't know why people say this anime has ecchi, it's nothing like any of those ecchi shows. Barely touches the ecchi line to becoming a perverted show. Though people are saying it's overly sexualized and I can agree to that, but that doesn't mean it's ecchi. Fanservice? Maybe.
Jan 11, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
DangoDaika said:
I don't know why people say this anime has ecchi, it's nothing like any of those ecchi shows. Barely touches the ecchi line to becoming a perverted show. Though people are saying it's overly sexualized and I can agree to that, but that doesn't mean it's ecchi. Fanservice? Maybe.

And here I thought over-sexualizement = ecchi.
Jan 11, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
Xinisterad said:
DangoDaika said:

And here I thought over-sexualizement = ecchi.

I think she meant to say that it's over-sexualized in a lewd manner, like that kissing and shaft scenes of those thighs... and that it isn't ecchi because it doesn't show anything bare, random panty-shots, and any of that sort that's worth the need of any censor hence not having a ecchi tag for this show. xD
MagicFlierJan 11, 2014 1:53 PM
Jan 11, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
I guess I'll see how this goes since I can't remember when did I last watch an ecchi series.

EDIT: I meant yuri... not ecchi.. Wow, was so sleepy last night I guess.
-MgZ_Jan 12, 2014 12:44 AM
Jan 11, 2014 2:15 PM
Jan 2008
Guys, Sakura Trick was OK but it's not worth getting so upset over.

It was pretty cute and has a simple charm to it. It's not some grand ground-breaking anime but definitely worth at least watching once.
Jan 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
Yuri, enjoyable, in a good way.

The only problem now is how are they going to balance the fan service with the story. Episode 1 was decently heavy on the fan service but it wasn't anything TOO major. I liked it :D
Jan 11, 2014 3:38 PM

Apr 2008
Hana-kei said:
It was basically great. I loved this. Time went by so fast while I was watching this. I can't wait ”Another Sakura color” in the next episode.

My only concern is those quakes of breasts.
Did they really need that?

Yes...yes they did!!!!!!!!
Now is it just me or does anyone else think that with very little effort the final chapter of this story can involved such things as a final school trip, an open air bath at a hot springs complete with lots and lots of soap suds and random steam clouds, and six rather lovely young ladies? Did I mention that the ladies would be lacking in the clothing department?
Jan 11, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Chill out, girls and gays.

Anyways I'm looking forward to the next ep. Seems like we might have a kiss between the other 2 girls.
Jan 11, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2009
Mizusi said:
Flunkorg said:
Who seriously cares about MAL scores?
I don't.

The show barely even started, scores don't exist yet.
Jan 11, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2008
YURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII shall watch this! :O its studio deen
Jan 11, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Soooooo cute my first yuri anime looks like it will be really good. I like they showed their thighs going red while they are kissing :D
Jan 11, 2014 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
Behold, the holy grail of cute girls doing cute things! My heart has found more warmth from this episode than the first man to find fire.
Jan 11, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
This is my first time <--- fuck this line hahahaha. wow, so this is what yuri anime looks like... I didn't expect it to be like this on the first episode, 4 kisses, 4 torrid kisses. Look at that, at least they're not gays, hahahahah.

They should have put ecchi on the genre... And come to think of it, it's like seitokai yakuin domo, having 2 stories in an episode, quite funny and a little bit of fanservice...

Well, that's episode 1.. I wonder what'll happen in the next one...
Jan 11, 2014 6:57 PM

Apr 2012
ZodiacBeast said:

It was pretty cute and has a simple charm to it. It's not some grand ground-breaking anime but definitely worth at least watching once.

Most of my favorite anime aren't very groundbreaking. Simple enjoyment matters more to me than anything else. And Sakura Trick more than delivered.
Jan 11, 2014 7:03 PM
Jun 2012
At the current pace they will be sleeping together by ep 4.

Nice. ;)
Jan 11, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
Darkmatterx76 said:

Nice. ;)
Spoilers.

Nice. ;)
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 11, 2014 8:03 PM
Aug 2012
Darkmatterx76 said:

Nice. ;)
uhm nope read chapters 7/8 people this anime has 2 parts bc of the manga is a 4-koma so they do not sleep with each other at all thank you very much read the manga to understand this anime thank you bc ep.3 consists of chapters 5/6 ep.2 consists of chapters 3/4 which is up on any manga website
Jan 11, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2010
WaterQueenKonoka said:
Darkmatterx76 said:

Nice. ;)
uhm nope read chapters 7/8 people this anime has 2 parts bc of the manga is a 4-koma so they do not sleep with each other at all thank you very much read the manga to understand this anime thank you bc ep.3 consists of chapters 5/6 ep.2 consists of chapters 3/4 which is up on any manga website

No need to be so serious.
Jan 11, 2014 8:15 PM

May 2013
iamdarrenearl said:
so this is what yuri anime looks like... I didn't expect it to be like this on the first episode, 4 kisses, 4 torrid kisses. Look at that, at least they're not gays, hahahahah.
No. Sakura Trick is literally the only Yuri anime like that, it's the actual first one that had this kind of fast approach and light-speed pace.
Jan 11, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2011
kissing girls
finally
Jan 11, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
Yuri what more can I say

I enjoyed the presentation, it was funny, the characters were cut, and to top it all off they actually kissed.
Jan 11, 2014 9:32 PM
Jan 2008
deadbilly said:
ZodiacBeast said:

Most of my favorite anime aren't very groundbreaking. Simple enjoyment matters more to me than anything else. And Sakura Trick more than delivered.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Not everything has to be so amazing that it breaks the rating scale. I was mostly referring to how many people are overhyping it and others are just trolling people.

Sakura Trick is indeed a good anime.
Jan 11, 2014 10:46 PM
Aug 2012
animeoppai said:
WaterQueenKonoka said:
Darkmatterx76 said:

Nice. ;)

No need to be so serious.

uhm i will be serious till people stop making stupid stuff up D:<
Jan 11, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
Mizusi said:
G-Guys, I t-think they might be gay.

Shit...no way.

This was the cutest thing ever.

OP made me laugh out loud.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jan 12, 2014 1:25 AM

May 2013
iamdarrenearl said:
They should have put ecchi on the genre
okanagan said:
As the episode was being aired in Tokyo, Hiromi Igarashi (五十嵐 裕美) who is the
voice actress for Shizuku, the girl with red-and-white ribbons on her twintails,
tweeted, "It's not ecchi!"
Jan 12, 2014 1:27 AM

Nov 2012
I am so digging into this...Them kissing had me squeeing and laughing at the same time...Damn it, too adorable!! More yuri scenes please!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

219 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

97 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 16, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

65 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 13, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

72 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 12, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

115 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 12, 6:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.