Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
Considering that the Little Busters animation team's best talents are being listed already for Saya episode 1, I wouldn't worry about them being too disappointing. They should at least be better than most of the heroine routes thus far.
Jan 6, 2014 11:08 PM

Sep 2013
Well, seeing as I did not do the VN yet for Little Busters! EX, then ill probably enjoy the adaptation, if its not animation quality like Refrain/Season 1.
Jan 7, 2014 3:24 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, that was too fast for ending T_T

So did they kiss? Or should I say accident kiss xD
I'm surprised they weren't traumatize with go on trip
And no one said about the closed space either

Well, I just love happy ending afterall

Now waiting for LB! EX
Oh yeah, there's an OVA about Masked the Saito..
But in mal there's no LB! OVA, oh well~
Edit: Oh, there's one xD
Rayl1ghtJan 7, 2014 3:28 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 7, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2008
So Vlad how do you feel about the ending with Rin. Do you think they just toss it in there so people don't have to feel too homophobic about little busters haha.
Jan 7, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
So Vlad how do you feel about the ending with Rin. Do you think they just toss it in there so people don't have to feel too homophobic about little busters haha.

Yes.
Jan 7, 2014 8:51 AM

Sep 2013
Id love to actually see them try and adapt RikixKyousuke as lovers, please for the love of god do it, so we can see Little Busters rating get even worse.
Jan 7, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 2013
DeathyZA said:
Id love to actually see them try and adapt RikixKyousuke as lovers, please for the love of god do it, so we can see Little Busters rating get even worse.

Back when I read the VN for the first time, in the common route, when you chose to stay with the boys to play, Riki and Kyousuke's ambiguous words made me google "Is Riki in love with Kyousuke"... u_u
Jan 7, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
DeathyZA said:

Pfft, I'd give it a 10. Stop denying the OTP.

The bishonen->fujoshi aspect of Riki->Kyousuke is pretty prevalent, though.
Midorikawa Hikaru voices a lot of types of characters like that, and I think it was a good idea for Key to get their story to reach other audiences with the bros, since they seem to be liked by both guys and girls from what I've seen.
Jan 7, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2010
Vladz0r said:
DeathyZA said:

Midorikawa Hikaru voices a lot of types of characters like that, and I think it was a good idea for Key to get their story to reach other audiences with the bros, since they seem to be liked by both guys and girls from what I've seen.

Mah nigga. I would love an ending like that.
Jan 7, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
Vladz0r said:
DeathyZA said:

That's why I'll keep praying for a Bokura no Asa OVA~
Jan 7, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
Nope. We're just getting the EX OVAs. Sadly, the LB bros don't seem to sell so JC Staff didn't feel like putting budget into them. Saya's more popular than any of the other heroines anyway.
Jan 7, 2014 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Heroines = merchandise = money

This is why Sakuya wasn't the most popular character in Rewrite. Because he wasn't a woman. Imagine if they made Kyousuke a woman....holy sheet
Jan 7, 2014 2:50 PM
Apr 2013
Having watched anime for long enough, I've noticed most anime fans never like good guy friendships. Too radical for them. lol.
Jan 7, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2008
This is why we never get shows like Jojo or FOTNS made anymore.
Jan 7, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Well, JoJo is ridiculously popular in Japan, so Warner Bros. will likely fund adaptations for the entire series at some point.
The original WB trailer for JoJo did go through all 8 generations of JoJo, after all.
Jan 7, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2008
I meant more like they won't create many series in that style with the obvious good bro friendships without it being gay haha. Ace of Diamond however is good at showing it wooo

Thank god the guys producing jojo are like it's biggest fanboys.
Jan 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
The guys at David Production are some really talented folks indeed.
I hope WB gives them some more budget this time around =p
Jan 7, 2014 5:49 PM
Dec 2013
I watched this whole thing and ended up disappointed. I couldn't enjoy the second season because I simply wanted to know what the secret of the world was and due to the fact that the watcher isn't given enough info to totally figure it out on their own i was just annoyed by the lack of context to everything.

The only thing i liked about this show was their plan was so successful everyone benefited from making them stronger. their selfless act was what saved them.

to me the first season was way too long and now i'm confused as to the people other than the three guys (who obviously always knew and the girl that obviously always knew) and how long the rest of them were in on it.
Jan 7, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
Stone616...please go look at the link at the bottom of Vladz0r's post.
Jan 7, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
stone616 said:
I watched this whole thing and ended up disappointed. I couldn't enjoy the second season because I simply wanted to know what the secret of the world was and due to the fact that the watcher isn't given enough info to totally figure it out on their own i was just annoyed by the lack of context to everything.

My sides https://fuuka.warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0063/29/1350858803464.jpg
Try checking this informative link out: http://imgur.com/a/fSJLK

And for fuck's sake, episode 10 literally spells the Secret out to you before Kyousuke reveals it. It's IN THE DIALOGUE.
Jan 7, 2014 7:31 PM
Apr 2013
Really stone616? Really?

I mean JC Staff even made it much more obvious than the VN too.
Jan 7, 2014 8:33 PM
Dec 2013
stone616 said:

The only thing i liked about this show was their plan was so successful everyone benefited from making them stronger. their selfless act was what saved them.

to me the first season was way too long and now i'm confused as to the people other than the three guys (who obviously always knew and the girl that obviously always knew) and how long the rest of them were in on it.

Cmon mate... The first season needed to be long so we could have the individual routes for each of the girls. (Still didn't get enough of Kud for me, you can never get enough of her and her Wafuus.) Regarding the fact that you said you couldn't figure it out, as a NON-VN reader, I had it figured out pretty completely BEFORE Episode 10. Ep 10. just confirmed my suspicions. It was honestly incredibly easy to figure out, so I think it's more something on your end than it is something wrong with the anime.
Jan 7, 2014 9:52 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I was holding back my final thoughts on the show after reading about how inferior it is to the VN but in the end LB!: Refrain came off to me as surprisingly good, being able to pull off the needed story to keep me intrigued and it was a marked improvement from the first season.

The Secret of the World wasn't quite the boulder drop I hoped for, and while the hints left intrigue in much of the first half, it did click before I needed J.C. Staff to slap me across the face with it which kind of dialed down the effect (maybe I just like my mind explosions big).

There was a moment or two that felt a little too dramatic and perhaps other moments could've been more intense but overall capturing the core emotion was done well and while I did raise my eyebrow initially at the ending, it did its job of wrapping things up nicely.

All in all, it was good and I liked it, the story is absolutely wonderful and its potential was great, how it was told maybe could've been better, but still, witnessing the narrative through and through leaves a distinct end-of-journey feel to the story told which makes it all the more fulfilling. It was a long running from start to end but this is enough to make it all worth it. Just.

8/10
Jan 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Sep 2013
Pfft, we already know the OTP of this series:

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1502567_571985519545972_742404705_n.jpg

So anyone that has objections, can shut the fuck up.
Jan 7, 2014 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
^It's funny because no one died
Jan 7, 2014 11:40 PM

Feb 2012
so FINALLY got to watch the last episode with subs yesterday after such a long holiday Q.Q

waah, that ending, the happy endings always leave me with happy tears ^-^ overall the series was pretty enjoyable :D Nishizono's and Kurugaya's ending episodes, as well as Kyousuke's farewell were particularly hard hitting.

Overall I liked the anime, it was pretty good and enjoyable, now to wait for EX!! :D
Jan 8, 2014 2:42 AM

Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
^It's funny because no one died

??? don't see whats wrong with Riki and Rin having a hug just cause they love each other.

You think that picture is because of when all of the other "busters" died? nooo, there is this artist that does all these lovey-dovey RikixRin pictures. There are a LOT more then just this picture.
Jan 8, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2008
It really doesn't matter who Riki ends up with as that was hardly the point of the series anyway.

To me Rin was clearly just added into the visual novel especially to prevent a sense of homophobia. If you took her out of the majority of the scenes in refrain....I can imagine the view on those scenes would be completely different haha.

Rin in the anime though is a more viable partner and actually somewhat makes sense. I still think they tossed a bunch of pictures of Riki looking at her to prevent homophobia regardless haha.

Anyway Riki could end up with anyone and I wouldn't care. He's got a bond with all the characters so they are all viable.
Jan 8, 2014 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
I would rather see a couple in the anime version, that can make up for such a shit adaptation. It would actually upped my score.
Jan 8, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2010
I like how LB! turned everyone suddenly into yaoi shippers, as a (kinda) fujoshi I'm proud. Choosing between Riki ending with either Rin or Kyousuke is too hard for me, damn it. Good thing I don't care for other pairings that much.

Oh well, maybe Angel Beats! visual novel will bring us some shounen ai.
Jan 8, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
Kitsu-nee said:

Oh well, maybe Angel Beats! visual novel will bring us some shounen ai.

It pretty much will. They already confirmed that Otonashi can be gay in the VN. Let's see how far they actually go, though. I don't know if they'll go as far as CGs or h-scenes... but I might not be upset if they went that far =p.

Also I think Naoi x Otonashi will be like Riki x Kyousuke in plenty of ways.
Jan 9, 2014 1:11 AM

Sep 2012
refrain was really great i loved it....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2010
Well... This is a hard series to score.... It had some highly emotional parts... and then had some dumb moments and shitty phasing.... Anyway final episode was quite nice....

Final Episode - 3.5/5
Series - 7/10
Jan 9, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2013
So am I going to be called an idiot for saying I didn't figure it out by episode 10? Although I wasn't expecting something like this, so a lot of stuff probably flew over my head. I guess I'll have to look out for this stuff more in the future, especially in other Key works. Although the going our separate ways stuff bothered me, but I figured it was typical anime BS because it never seems to occur to characters that you can still hang out together after you graduate. >_>

But it was a really great series overall, I'll definitely play the VN someday.
Jan 9, 2014 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
Well, I think there are still a lot of things that have to be pieced together, so people might not get it before episode 10.
If you react to Kyousuke's unveiling in the same way Riki does, then I'd have to laugh at you for not getting it by episode 10.
Jan 9, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
WAT I SAY WHAT I SAY THO

THEY BACK. THEY ALLLLLL BACK. THE LITTLE BUSTERS IS BACK ;_;
Jan 12, 2014 8:21 AM
May 2012
Woah. too intense drama, but overall really good. Really glad the ending was a happy one.

9/10.
Jan 12, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2009
Brilliant Finale!!!

Glad to see Riki and Rin trying their best to save the rest of the little busters and other students and they fought against their weaknesses and fears showing great courage and commitement. All ends well with everyone returning although Kyousuke was the last to arrive (his injuries were the worst) but the Little Busters decide to take another trip to the beach this time and that end scene with the horizon was the best way to end it.

Overall really enjoyed this series and is pretty faithful the Visual Novel so will be looking forward to play that soon. The combination of the art and music was well presented and was really a great and memorable show!!

Art/Animation: 9/10
Story: 9/10
Characters: 9.5/10
Music: 9/10

Overall Rating: 9/10

Jan 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2012
They all lived? lame. Was a 9/10 until finale. 8/10
Jan 13, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2012
That almost kiss :(
Jan 13, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
10/10
Jan 13, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
Well, all you "the VN wasn't much better"-fags will be butthurt to know that I got a girl to play the Little Busters VN after suffering through this adaptation. She watched it completely, by the way. (gave Refrain a 7 and C:AS a 10, for reference)
She hated Masato in the anime, and already finds him to be a riot and absolutely hilarious to the point where she can hardly breath, and she's only on May 14th.

Sasuga JC Staff.
Vladz0rJan 13, 2014 8:16 PM
Jan 14, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
Some people want Riki and Rin to only survive, but for me,

seeing all of them survived and happy back again is the greatest ending I could
ever have.

Deep inside I was hoping they would all survive, that Riki and Rin would save them.

I can see Lizbeth looking at Riki inside the classmate. She must love him.

I am so happy, but I want to cry. But I'm too hungry to do that. lol

A very satisfying ending. Seeing them together again makes me smile. Now I can sleep happily with a smile.

9/10. I just love happy endings.
MagitoJan 14, 2014 6:54 PM
Jan 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
Yes! That was the ending I wanted. Very nice final episode.

As a person who heavily disliked the first series, I absolutely love Refrain. This was originally the level of intensity I thought the original was going to have and I enjoyed this a lot more. I appreciated the new version of the LB theme song at the end and completely loved the OP.

Overall, it was emotional and very engaging right from the very first episode. 8/10. Loved it.
Jan 15, 2014 12:48 AM
Mar 2013
DeathyZA said:
Lol, geez. People sure do have bad taste to call this "best anime of 2013".. for me its the other way around, its in the top 20 of worst anime of "2013".

x2

actually, top 10 worst (considering the hype)
Jan 15, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
guntrix said:
DeathyZA said:
Lol, geez. People sure do have bad taste to call this "best anime of 2013".. for me its the other way around, its in the top 20 of worst anime of "2013".

x2

>being hype for JC Staff adaptations
>not reading the superior VN source material before ruining this story.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Vladz0rJan 15, 2014 3:04 AM
Jan 15, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 2013
Vladz0r said:
guntrix said:
DeathyZA said:

x2

>being hype for JC Staff adaptations
>not reading the superior VN source material before ruining this story.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

This anime should have been decent at least. Liking it or not should not hinge on whether I read the VN or not.

You seem way too attached to this crap.
Jan 15, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
When it's JC Staff, it's extremely hit or miss. If you had even read a single page of these forums, you'd have realized that by now. Not everyone feels the same way about this adaptation, and it wasn't nearly as decent as it was supposed to be. Overhyping an adaptation that was bad from the start is just more silly and ridiculous, and proves how uninformed you really are. Expecting it to live up to any of Key's works after finding season 1 to be less than decent might be a feasible expectation if this was done by a studio and producer that cared more.

When you're presenting something that's supposed to be an emotional work and you fail to bring character attachment, it's like trying to enjoy watching a rollercoaster go through its course instead of actually being on it. There's little engagement. That's what JC Staff did to this Key work, and one of the many reasons why it's a hit or miss work. It's not going to be decent for everyone. It's high rated because of how so many people dropped it, and those who still care are left to watch the second season. I'm not hung over the idea that "You have to read the VN to enjoy the anime." That's not what I'm arguing at all. I'm saying that as an independent work, it's extremely hit or miss.

In fact, I think if you read the VN, it's nearly impossible not to be disappointed in the adaptation, save for the people who don't recall how good different aspects of the VN were, or value the small improvements to the story over the huge unnecessary issues introduced through the adaptations.

I said that you ought to have read the source material before this adaptation ruined it. How exactly that that equate to the anime being better if you read the VN first, even when I said the anime ruined aspects of the story?
Vladz0rJan 15, 2014 1:40 PM
Jan 15, 2014 5:56 PM
Mar 2013
Vladz0r said:
When it's JC Staff, it's extremely hit or miss. If you had even read a single page of these forums, you'd have realized that by now. Not everyone feels the same way about this adaptation, and it wasn't nearly as decent as it was supposed to be. Overhyping an adaptation that was bad from the start is just more silly and ridiculous, and proves how uninformed you really are. Expecting it to live up to any of Key's works after finding season 1 to be less than decent might be a feasible expectation if this was done by a studio and producer that cared more.

When you're presenting something that's supposed to be an emotional work and you fail to bring character attachment, it's like trying to enjoy watching a rollercoaster go through its course instead of actually being on it. There's little engagement. That's what JC Staff did to this Key work, and one of the many reasons why it's a hit or miss work. It's not going to be decent for everyone. It's high rated because of how so many people dropped it, and those who still care are left to watch the second season. I'm not hung over the idea that "You have to read the VN to enjoy the anime." That's not what I'm arguing at all. I'm saying that as an independent work, it's extremely hit or miss.

In fact, I think if you read the VN, it's nearly impossible not to be disappointed in the adaptation, save for the people who don't recall how good different aspects of the VN were, or value the small improvements to the story over the huge unnecessary issues introduced through the adaptations.

I said that you ought to have read the source material before this adaptation ruined it. How exactly that that equate to the anime being better if you read the VN first, even when I said the anime ruined aspects of the story?

I think you're looking too much into it.

Given the producers, the story (which could have potentially been good), and the number of episodes to tell the story (39 in total), it is not farfetched to believe that it should have at least been decent. This is coming from a person who likes almost everything I watch, it doesn't take much to impress me as I'm a more casual fan. This was just THAT bad.

I'm not criticizing the source material as I haven't read it. I'm just criticizing the show.

I interpreted "not reading the superior VN source material before ruining this story" as you telling me that I should have read the VN first to enjoy the show more. It was a simple misunderstanding.
Jan 15, 2014 6:22 PM

Sep 2012
Alright then, my bad. I feel like it needed more than 39 episodes, or at least much better directing and animation in order to deliver its intended impact. It doesn't really even create the immersive experience Jun Maeda intended from the visual novel. 39 episodes without cutting out any heroine routes is still rushing things, and people claim that the story feels slow paced because the routes and episode aren't able to engage the audience in the anime, but it could've been 52 enjoyable episodes with people not complaining about slow pacing, despite the pacing actually being slowed down, if the episodes themselves were more enjoyable.

^Just a countermeasure I wrote to explain my thoughts and reasoning behind the episode count.

Also, just a note that JC Staff put one of their worst director in charge of this, and Warner Bros. rarely puts out a good budget. They have good teams with Nagai and some other outsourced scriptwriters and usually get good funding from producers like ASCII Media Works, but Warner Bros. doesn't seem to have much $$ in their anime department, for whatever reason, and Nagai wouldn't direct something without proper funding.
Vladz0rJan 15, 2014 6:28 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.