Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2013 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
Every time I watch Roberto acting high and mighty I can't help but think that this gary stu villain should've been dead in the hospital..

I just can't get over the fact that no pirates shot him (not even once!!) despite having superior guns and outnumbered him by (probably) 10 to 1 during the stand off in the hospital.
Dec 8, 2013 1:21 AM

Aug 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Oh crap, I think I figured it out. There is no time paradox, or at least it is different than I thought.

Since this speculates on the ending I will spoil it.

Your explanation seems like a very likely outcome. It would explain how the tech is so advanced.

But I still feel, like all the shows before it, it ends up in a paradox.

She knew how to build the ship because of plans she left for herself, which she knew how to draw in the past because she built the ship from the plans she left... for... herself... hmmm.
Dec 8, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2009
The way I see it Anna was only protecting the sisters. By acting as the villain Roberto won't even think that she's attached to the sisters.

This anime showed scenes where Hozuki was reciting some sort of love poem right? What if Galileo fell in love with her and he made that poem and Hozuki influenced him with goldfishes?
Dec 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
Those "Love lyric" that Hozuki kept reading over and over...

Could it be the real "treasure" that Galileo Galilei left for Hozuki after they're separated?

The love song that passed through time and space...

Hmmm...
AirStylesDec 8, 2013 7:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2013 8:19 AM

Oct 2007
AirStyles said:
Those "Love lyric" that Hozuki kept reading over and over...

Could it be the real "treasure" that Galileo Galilei left for Hozuki after they're separated?

The love song that passed through time and space...

Hmmm...
You made it sound so romantic LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 8, 2013 4:32 PM
Oct 2012
Aromaci said:
She knew how to build the ship because of plans she left for herself, which she knew how to draw in the past because she built the ship from the plans she left... for... herself... hmmm.

It's more a circle than a paradox. Quantum physics speculates that there are multiple realities that are created when time travel occurs, when you go back into the past and change it, the future continues along the new path. So if Houzaki goes back in time and changes the past by having Galileo learn all the cools things, then a new world is created where future Houzaki will be able to do things, but that means that in the reality we have been watching the sisters would be killed because the change in the past doesn't. affect their time line. If however Houzaki impacted her own life, then the time line would be the same because she is the person doing it. She closes the circle because it is she who is doing the changing and she would be in her own future.

Edit: probably should add that I don't believe that time travel is possible because I don't believe that time as it is thought of exists, but I do like SF time travel stories and that is my understanding of how it would occur.
Dec 8, 2013 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
Could anyone tell me where I can find the love letters? It totally slipped my mind.

Please, don't let the incest develop!!! That was the only thought that went on through my head as I was watching the episode, haha.
Dec 9, 2013 4:38 AM

Nov 2009
jordowag said:
Could anyone tell me where I can find the love letters? It totally slipped my mind.

I only remember these ones:

“That summer, due to your sudden appearance… I learned about an emotion unique to humanity, that terribly ambiguous, abstract notion known as love, which is subject to neither proof nor verification.” EP3

“Until now, I had never felt any need to be understood. I had never felt lonely… Not until I met you.” EP5
Dec 9, 2013 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was very enjoyable... they're def going for the incest tho, aren't they?
Dec 9, 2013 11:20 PM

Jan 2013
That was quite enjoyable. Interesting use of time travel.
Dec 10, 2013 4:35 AM

Jun 2012
Why is it that a little girl's level of reasoning is greater than that of someone of lawyer level? I mean, intelligence is one thing, but even like Roberto said, some things you just can't learn from books... for example figuring out that Anna had betrayed them, when her older sisters were completely at a loss as to how in the world the enemy could have conveniently found them so many times at the right time, with a complete stranger on board. Also why would her sisters let her just stand way out front in the meeting with Roberto? Lol.

And, I like how the series uses a little logic when she goes back in time... with Hozuki and Galileo have to work together to lift, move, and put together the heavy pieces. I find it hard to believe that any amount of levers and pulleys helped her build her giant mecha (which uses way heavier parts than the one this episode). Either way, I suppose this is an old plot hole now, and matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly hope Takuan_Soho's theories come to fruit, because I'd like to see a clever payoff for this series. Never bothered reading the predictions before now, but I'll probably go back and do so now. If Takuan_Soho is right, then there could easily be an explanation to my first qualm as well.
HalibelTheEspadaDec 10, 2013 4:42 AM
Dec 10, 2013 7:46 PM

Sep 2009
Did anyone think that maybe Hozuki is the girl mentioned in one of Galileo's sketches.. the one that she reads... :D

OMG!!! @__________@
Dec 11, 2013 1:31 AM

Aug 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
Did anyone think that maybe Hozuki is the girl mentioned in one of Galileo's sketches.. the one that she reads... :D

OMG!!! @__________@

this is what i thought too, the moment she warped into the past and met him, suddenly i remembered all those letters in the sketches.

This episode was really interesting. We learned a bit more about the real Tesoro, and i really like where the story goes.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
First half was meh, second half had an interesting twist but eventually fell into nothingness, let's see how the next episode will hold up.
Dec 12, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
back in time to build a plane together with grandpa, and of course it has to look like gold fish^^
Dec 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, some p-plot-like stuff!
Holy cow.
Plenty of bad jokes were made during this episode, huehue.

Stupid goldfish, I would throw it at a wall.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 20, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2007
O>o that Hozzuki is really obsessed with goldfish. all the mechas she build have that form!
Dec 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
MusashiRose said:
This episode was very enjoyable... they're def going for the incest tho, aren't they?

That awkward moment when you go back in time and end up falling for your most famous ancestor.
Dec 29, 2013 9:01 PM

Jun 2011
Episode was kind of bad, but I can't help but to ship Galileo and Hozuki. It was cute when Hozuki became shy after Galileo wiped away the paint on her cheek. XD I want romance between them, even though it's wrong!! :D
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 4, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2013
Wtf ?!! Ok... Was that a Prince of Persia time travel dagger or something ??? :S
Jan 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the time-traveling part of this episode. Guess the sketches were talking about Hozuki.
Jan 10, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
Oh Hozuki, what are you gonna do now?
Your ancestor, I guess he likes you xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
So could it be that Hozuki left all those clues for her own self?
Lets see what explanation they will give us about the qualities of that thing that even allows time travel. It seems that all this time it was opening portals to the past. So what is that sand it has in it?
How are they gonna solve the paradox? Or to they plan to leave it as a loop?

Btw, Hozuki really can put an act huh. She knew something was wrong with Anna because of the camera getting her back in episode 3 and she changed the sand and kept quiet even to her sisters despite them being accept for giving it to him so Anna wouldn't know that Robert got a fake.

fiore777 said:
I was wondering if Hozuki would end up romantically involved with her ancestor as well. It would have been nice if the circumstances were different. And you know, if he wasn't related in some way. xD;

The guy lived so many years ago that he is as related to her as anyone else at this point.

Takuan_Soho said:
Aromaci said:

It's more a circle than a paradox. Quantum physics speculates that there are multiple realities that are created when time travel occurs, when you go back into the past and change it, the future continues along the new path. So if Houzaki goes back in time and changes the past by having Galileo learn all the cools things, then a new world is created where future Houzaki will be able to do things, but that means that in the reality we have been watching the sisters would be killed because the change in the past doesn't. affect their time line. If however Houzaki impacted her own life, then the time line would be the same because she is the person doing it. She closes the circle because it is she who is doing the changing and she would be in her own future.

Edit: probably should add that I don't believe that time travel is possible because I don't believe that time as it is thought of exists, but I do like SF time travel stories and that is my understanding of how it would occur.

No the timeline we are watching is the timeline affected by her actions since if she left those plans for own self then finding them means is the same timeline. Since if she left those things and those things is what makes her travel to the past we have a loop and that loop may very well be a paradox.
The only way it can become a loop and not be a paradox is if there is another timeline where she traveled to the past but with some other way and she then left those things creating the loop. But what other way could it be?
So in the end if she is responsible for what they are finding and that energy portal thing, then there is definitely a paradox here.

HalibelTheEspada said:
Why is it that a little girl's level of reasoning is greater than that of someone of lawyer level? I mean, intelligence is one thing, but even like Roberto said, some things you just can't learn from books... for example figuring out that Anna had betrayed them, when her older sisters were completely at a loss as to how in the world the enemy could have conveniently found them so many times at the right time, with a complete stranger on board. Also why would her sisters let her just stand way out front in the meeting with Roberto? Lol.

And, I like how the series uses a little logic when she goes back in time... with Hozuki and Galileo have to work together to lift, move, and put together the heavy pieces. I find it hard to believe that any amount of levers and pulleys helped her build her giant mecha (which uses way heavier parts than the one this episode). Either way, I suppose this is an old plot hole now, and matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly hope Takuan_Soho's theories come to fruit, because I'd like to see a clever payoff for this series. Never bothered reading the predictions before now, but I'll probably go back and do so now. If Takuan_Soho is right, then there could easily be an explanation to my first qualm as well.

Because that little girl has an A.I in her ship that caught Anna snooping. So why does a watcher fail to notice such a basic element?

As about her building the ship. If the blue prints where there maybe all the materials where there too because someone was planning to built it. So she may very well not needed to carry anything. As about how he managed to lift everything while building it? Well she wasn't in the middle ages. She could use machines for the lifting. Hell she could even have built a small robot for help seeing how capable she is.

Maybe now you should be worrying about your own level or reasoning?
MonadFeb 6, 2014 2:38 PM
Feb 14, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2011
I'm actually surprised this didn't happen sooner.
Sep 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
O shit she went back to the past O_O
everytime we see the scenario I get worries it's going to develop pass being friends -_-
def very unexpected episode but kind of kool to see were the stuff goes >.>
[/quote]
Dec 17, 2014 2:10 AM

Feb 2013
"I left the fuel in the enge room" How did NOBODY notice that or even the AI fish?! Geez Hazuki, don't fall for your great whatever grampa! Some deus ex machina in this episode. How was shw able to travle back in time with that thing?
Feb 4, 2015 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
Episode somewhat ridiculous in the first phase, in which the three girls still not realized the intentions of Anna, then move on to a second part a bit more interesting, I did not remember that Galileo was blond.
Too bad locations shown when not represent those Japanese are so devoid of beauty.
Funny the little fish.
Jul 20, 2015 8:16 PM

Nov 2014
So Hozuki was suspicious of Anna for a while! She's such a smart little girl. Although it's too bad they didn't dump Anna a long time ago, or they wouldn't be in this mess. But I guess they didn't know. At least Anna resisted when he tried to make her shoot them, and the air pirates helped them escape.

In a previous episode, the fishie was listening to Anna's conversation with Roberto, so I guess the fishie told Hozuki and that's why she was suspicious.

I didn't know Galileo spoke Japanese xD
BlackFox24Jul 20, 2015 8:20 PM
Oct 25, 2017 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
Only Hozuki was suspicious of her? Ughh.

The Tesoro can generate Einstein-Rosen bridges too?!!! O_o Meet your great and famous ancestor Hozuki! Wait...isn't this a causal loop? She gave him the goldfish design which she found in the old attic fucktons of years later to build her version of Galileo. Then there's the incest part which may/may not materialize like a grandfather paradox except you don't kill your ancestor but one becomes their own ancestor. Unless this is another timeline parallel to her own? Time travel paradoxes are gonna melt my brain so I will digress.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Jul 2016
MusashiRose said:

HOw far away bloodline wise do you need to be for it not to be incest? They are at least a few centuries of breeding away from each other?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

58 by tofei »»
Oct 25, 2017 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.