Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2013 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

All the inconsistencies that were beginning to kick up a fuss quadrant and the first part of the series, are a thing of the past. Who thought evil should change his mind and those who demanded more, (like me) must be satisfied.
Too bad all end with 12 episodes!
With more episodes and more time to baste something more meaningful in the plot, the series would certainly earned more points! ^ ^ "
Technically excellent. Narrative a bit too obvious in the final, already I can imagine the series finale, but I hope that it is not so!
The beautiful part about the flashbacks a little less in the final, so the vote instead of 5/5 down to 4/5!
Dec 5, 2013 5:24 AM

May 2008
So the summer part is the dream. Autumn is reality but what is with the Winter?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 5, 2013 6:27 AM

Oct 2013
The best episode so far! I love this twist storytelling way!
Dec 5, 2013 6:57 AM

Oct 2012
Damn I thought KyoAni was trolling us but then it all made sense, why she was trying to kill him since the very first episode, KyoAni you sneaky bastard. And of course Izumi all along.
Dec 5, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2012
Esclair said:
Fair enough. I appreciate the thoughtful response.

While I've never seen this show as being bad or anything, I've pretty much had the same problems that you described. So much so that I completely stopped watching for a few weeks as I felt no real sense of urgency to see how things would develop since I kind of just didn't care enough.

Dec 5, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
This episode explained a lot, but I wasn't ready for this

greenmush said:
So the summer part is the dream. Autumn is reality but what is with the Winter?

I think the winter is Mirai's mind or something like that, because at the end, it was winter and she was searching for Kyoukai no Kanata's center, and KnK is inside her right now (I understood like that, but I can be wrong xD)
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 5, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
And people were complaining back then how ridiculous that Mirai would suddenly want to kill Akihito again and again... and then how stupid and annoying Mirai was in pushing away Akihito again and again.

This episode is the turning point but I have to say perhaps a bit too much explanation was squeezed in one episode and a lot of things look messy and hard to understand. Also putting a turning point this late can mean a lot of people may have given up hope of finding explanation for things they find odd and out of place in the many previous episodes, which would be a shame.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
And people were complaining back then how ridiculous that Mirai would suddenly want to kill Akihito again and again... and then how stupid and annoying Mirai was in pushing away Akihito again and again.

This episode is the turning point but I have to say perhaps a bit too much explanation was squeezed in one episode and a lot of things look messy and hard to understand. Also putting a turning point this late can mean a lot of people may have given up hope of finding explanation for things they find odd and out of place in the many previous episodes, which would be a shame.

I totally agree. I think this should have started coming to a head like 3 episodes ago. I mean, people enjoyed that idol episode, but in retrospect it feels kind of pointless since it delayed all this explaining stuff another week.

I actually kinda liked that it was a bit confusing, but that's my own personal taste. I like starting out saying "wait, what? Huh?" and then slowly starting to understand things.

I do think that in the future if I recommend this show I will definitely add a suggestion to not give up if it seems kind of weird after a few eps.
neontasterDec 5, 2013 8:33 AM
Dec 5, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2010
So the is finally revealed but not everything is explained yet, the main question is why dod they want that Youmu death another question is what happened to the guy from the spirit warrior association.
And what was he after?
There is still a lot going on and it's obvious things aren't solved yet which makes me wonder what will happen next.
Dec 5, 2013 8:23 AM
Jul 2013
summerwars said:
Lucky_Roo said:
Don't get me wrong, it had some decent episodes, but it had some stupid and boring ones, what would have been fine if the show was longer but it isn't. I mean they spent a whole episode on dancing, but did not answer some interesting questions that are floating in the air like who is Akihtos father, what is the background of Mirais clan, the Nase family, how did Akihto end up in the Nase family care, what's up with the mother, the conflict between the Nase family and the spirit world society?

-_- this show is about mirai and akky. other things arent that important and they are as they are. this show doesnt have the time for all this stuff, otherwise it would be something like one piece. ;p in other shows they also dont tell every detail of the world around the charas. ;)
It does not need to be one piece (totally unnecessary comparison there) But if you are going to make a anime around two characters (witch is totally fine and preferable for a series this long) than don't play around whit different ideas and go nowhere 'till the last few episodes. Don't get me wrong it is not a bad anime, the animation is superb, the characters are good but the story can not decide on what it is going to focus on. Again, this would not matter to me if the show was 26 episodes long, but it is not. (then again maybe I'm expecting always another baccano!! =))
Dec 5, 2013 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
Hmmm Kyoani, making me think Akihito while it's actually Mirai that sacrificed herself
That pighead moment was funny

It's nice they got to the point explaining most of the things and put in some fanservice and sweet moments as well

Can't complain about the visuals that has been top notch as usual with the fireworks, summer/winter scenes

I hope Akihito can get Mirai back next
Dec 5, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2007
Clear and confusing at the same time ...

Very good episode

Dec 5, 2013 9:02 AM
Feb 2010
Nice episode... it solves a lot of the mysteries of Kuriyama's behaviour over the previous episodes. It's a tragic and bittersweet romance story somehow. To be honest, the harem aspect was never that strong==...
Dec 5, 2013 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
Well, this episode more or less saved this series from being labeled as a joke. Maybe KyoAni could've done all this chronologically and it would've made more sense, but that's simply a difference in opinion. I think there's much better appreciation of Mirai's personality and why she acts out of sorts so often.

Well, despite that Mirai says that she no longer exists, she clearly is somewhere. Someone mentioned above that she's in her mind. That's very likely given how she's now looking for Kyoukai no Kanata, presumably to kill it. Since this series doesn't look like it'll have a tragic ending, everyone's bet is probably on the side of things coming through.

But what about that guy who took the youmu stone under Hiroomi's watch? Something's got to have happened while Akihito's asleep all this time...
Dec 5, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
So this was all a conspiracy and the one who needs to be saved now is Mirai.
Dec 5, 2013 9:39 AM
Jan 2013
Hummm, I wonder if there is a possibility that Mirai might comeback from the dead?
Dec 5, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, I did not expect that twist at all... It's just a shame that they decided to explain everything so late, a lot of people dropped the series during the first half since they felt that the plotholes were too big, and that Mirai's actions were illogical and annoying. Then again, it also kind of makes sense to unwrap everything now as well.

Next episode looks promising, time for some action again!
Dec 5, 2013 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
My opinion of this anime just keeps on getting better. Wish I could read the novels.
Dec 5, 2013 10:38 AM

Oct 2011
T________________________________T
Dec 5, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2011
watching this high was such a great idea
Dec 5, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
so he's not dead she is...okay i can kind of figure out whats going to happen now but whatever this shows still one of the better ones this season
Dec 5, 2013 12:41 PM
Sep 2008
I loved this one it answered qeustions and it created new ones at the same time
and with wich demon do i have to sign a contract to get a cute girl like that
Dec 5, 2013 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
I read the first four pages, but one thing really annoys me is that people are calling the place where Mirai is in "Kyoukai no Kanata" instead of... well, Beyond the Boundary since even the subtitles are calling it "Beyond the Boundary" or "Beyond the Horizon".

It's unnecessary to say it outside of the title and comes across as something equivalent to "Keikaku" instead of just saying Plan.
Dec 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
That Izumi I was amazed of how strong she is from what I seen in episode 08 but now knowing that she planned everything with that old guy (don't know his name but I think his the father of the nase siblings correct me if I'm wrong :p ) I'm a bit pissed. I just hope she have a good explanation for this. Good episode by the way.

Hang in there Kuriyama-san.
Dec 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2011
My question is why don't they explain things as the show goes on and get rid of the damn spoilers. I hated this anime up to this point but I still hate it a little bit like it could have been so much more amazing. Bad writers. The plot twist was okay but the amount of plot holes. uncovered questions, questionable decisions hindered it being great. It's like the writers are thinking yeah I want to go with this plot hole no matter what - even if it's a horrible story going on it. I don't htink this needed a two cour because of the fillers. They just didn't tell the story right. Damn.

I hope Kuriyama remains dead.
Dec 5, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
Ohh wow,he's alive.Ofc.

When all fails,bikinis.

Waking dead Akihito.

Mirai absorbed the Kyoukai no Kanata into herself.Disappeared.

The whole kiss attempt in the dream seemed really cliche/meh,no feels were felt.
Dec 5, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
eh, I was confused, showing something from the winter season, then he wakes up when it's autumn. How long was he asleep?

whew, based on the preview, Mirai's still alive, that's good to hear, but where is she? Is she inside the calm?
Dec 5, 2013 6:01 PM
Jul 2013
It was a good narrative episode.
Dec 5, 2013 6:57 PM

Sep 2011
So... Akihito alive in the real world, where he was saved by Mirai, and Mirai disappears.

And is that a separate world? or Dimension? If so Mirai there, lifeless Akihito where the shade is at.
Dec 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
iamdarrenearl said:
eh, I was confused, showing something from the winter season, then he wakes up when it's autumn. How long was he asleep?

whew, based on the preview, Mirai's still alive, that's good to hear, but where is she? Is she inside the calm?

Akihito was asleep for a few weeks.

The winter moments were basically present-time Mirai wandering into Kyoukai no kanata. The calm is only a natural phenomenon that makes youmu weaker, it is not a place.

Kyoukai no kanata is basically a youkai that is so big and powerfull that human usually cannot interact with it. The only exception is during the calm when it's weakened enough so that it's existence stand on a level humans can comprehend.
Akihito possessed a part of Kyoukai no kanata inside his body, not Kyoukai no kanata itself but a part from it. When Mirai took that part out of Akihito and made it her own it seems that the part that was stuck inside of Akihito merged back with it's core alongside Mirai which resulted in Mirai actually being inside of Kyoukai no kanata.
You can interpret it as another dimension if you want. Youkais can range from living things to concepts so being inside Kyoukai no kanata doesn't mean that she is inside a living thing.

The scene where Mirai is walking in the snow and the scenes where Akihito woke up happened around the same time.
Dec 5, 2013 9:11 PM

Apr 2012
Tyrel said:
So... Akihito alive in the real world, where he was saved by Mirai, and Mirai disappears.

And is that a separate world? or Dimension? If so Mirai there, lifeless Akihito where the shade is at.

yea separate dimension like the time she was consumed by that yomu. she probably has to defeat the core to get out alive

Dec 5, 2013 10:39 PM
Dec 2013
Zeally said:
Tyrel said:

yea separate dimension like the time she was consumed by that yomu. she probably has to defeat the core to get out alive

Actually, it is a suicidal mission, Mirai literally lost her real world body, when the youmu goes down she goes down with it.
Even bigger proof that she will die at the end of it is the last conversation she has with Izumi, who tells her "Akihito wants you to live" and she answers that he will probably get angry at her.
I mean, of course she can be saved, and probably will, but right now Mirai would die with the KnK.
Dec 5, 2013 11:10 PM
Mar 2013
so akkey father is kyoukai no kanata it self????
Dec 5, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2013
Wow this episode just burned everyone who dropped this anime because Mirai was supposedly attacking Akihito randomly..

Not to mention all those early negative reviewers lol.. this is why early reviews are bad.. BAD!! MAL should make it a rule that no one can review an anime until they've finished watching at least 80% of it
Dec 6, 2013 12:06 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
niaxato said:
So Izumi and her have been plotting the entire time to kill him. I imagine Izumi did it all for the greater good or whatever, but I still want someone to kick her ass.

I'm pretty sure their family head wanted to harness the Kyoukai no Kanata's power. Defeating it is only the first step. So no, it's not about the greater good. It's about the desire for more power and maintaining their family's prestigious status.

Ammish said:
I read the first four pages, but one thing really annoys me is that people are calling the place where Mirai is in "Kyoukai no Kanata" instead of... well, Beyond the Boundary since even the subtitles are calling it "Beyond the Boundary" or "Beyond the Horizon".

It's unnecessary to say it outside of the title and comes across as something equivalent to "Keikaku" instead of just saying Plan.

Nope, "plan" is a generic word. Kyoukai no Kanata is not. The use of both the translation and the original expression are appropriate.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 6, 2013 2:06 AM
Dec 2013
Did you guys see the whole "tears twitter" thing? It gave me a bad feeling, I think KyoAni is going to ruin christimas this year.
This episode basically confirmed my main worries about Mirai, since she is basically the only character that can die on this series, at least if KyoAni don't want to kill someone just for the shock value.
Also, I'm impressed how Izumi gets more and more mean as this series goes on
Dec 6, 2013 2:12 AM

Feb 2012
MIRAIIIIII! You better be alive!! lol! Great twist on how she and Izumi have known and been working with each other!! Makes sense!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 6, 2013 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
oh.... this episode explained a lot... but damn.. MIRAI!!! NOO!!! this anime awakened my hidden thing for girls who wear glasses... so WHY???!!! but well... the ED was epic and awesome again as usual.
Dec 6, 2013 2:41 AM
Jan 2010
good, hope she stays dead
won't happen though
Dec 6, 2013 2:45 AM

Apr 2013
tytheimmortal said:
good, hope she stays dead
won't happen though

I'm not sure that she is actually dead though
More like trapped than dead
Dec 6, 2013 4:16 AM
Aug 2011
Esclair said:
Dr_Smurph said:
j0x said:
so Mirai sacrifice herself but looks like she is still alive judging from the preview of next week episode

and i knew that Izumi is an enemy lol

The thing inside Akihito (Beyond the Boundary) is a big deal and has the potential to really mess up the world.

I think labeling Izumi a bad guy, or calling her names is to basically misunderstand her character and to sympathize with Akihito too much.

I do agree her methods are cold, but they sound like the greater good from the information we have had in front of us.

Or the real goal is the Youmu stone. Izumi is just manipulating Mirai to get the stone for the Nase family in order to gain power that'd completely crush the Youmu Hunter's Association.

It just seems that if KnK was really such an end of the world threat the responses by the various people in the know would be a lot more different.

I never said that what you're saying wasn't a goal and tend to agree, my point was about her character and the flack it gets, not really her goals or true goals. There is no doubt that Akihito was a threat when his other side came out so I don't think she was necessarily lying.

The issue is her character could be entirely misunderstood and there isn't enough information to go labeling either side good or bad. It's a gray area till we learn more.
Tired_SmurphDec 6, 2013 4:20 AM
Dec 6, 2013 4:55 AM

May 2010
Mitsuki in that swimsuit *whistles*

That was all a dream... Attempt at kissing, and then she vanished. So Izumi planned it, but it went all wrong coz she fell in love with him so she sacrificed herself for him... Such a fantastic plot and here people were saying it is just a moe action show, "At your face"

The last scene made me confused, why is Mirai there if she is already dead, another dream?

This episode had "Clannad" feels to it
Dec 6, 2013 9:13 AM
Apr 2012
Dagnamit this episode was sad!!! R.I.P. Mirach-chan!! She's one of the cutest megane bishoujo of all time!!! I've been watching this show and comparing it with Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta. But I love this one way more, the relationship between her and Akkey is so awesome!
Dec 6, 2013 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
TragicRomance said:

The last scene made me confused, why is Mirai there if she is already dead, another dream?

Pretty sure it is something like since she absorbed the youmu, then wherever she is, she is currently fighting it and she is not actually dead. I think it is one of those "inner battle" type things where she is actually inside the Kyoukai no Kanata and as she says that she is getting "closer to its core" thats what is seems to be.
Dec 6, 2013 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Dr_Smurph said:
Esclair said:
Dr_Smurph said:
j0x said:
so Mirai sacrifice herself but looks like she is still alive judging from the preview of next week episode

The thing inside Akihito (Beyond the Boundary) is a big deal and has the potential to really mess up the world.

I think labeling Izumi a bad guy, or calling her names is to basically misunderstand her character and to sympathize with Akihito too much.

I do agree her methods are cold, but they sound like the greater good from the information we have had in front of us.

Or the real goal is the Youmu stone. Izumi is just manipulating Mirai to get the stone for the Nase family in order to gain power that'd completely crush the Youmu Hunter's Association.

It just seems that if KnK was really such an end of the world threat the responses by the various people in the know would be a lot more different.

I never said that what you're saying wasn't a goal and tend to agree, my point was about her character and the flack it gets, not really her goals or true goals. There is no doubt that Akihito was a threat when his other side came out so I don't think she was necessarily lying.

The issue is her character could be entirely misunderstood and there isn't enough information to go labeling either side good or bad. It's a gray area till we learn more.

Dr_Smurph said:
Esclair said:
Dr_Smurph said:
j0x said:

she trapped his human side and got out the beast...she might have good intenziont but wasnt her fault that the deamon side got out of akki??? :/ anyway i hope izumi dies in pain >_< im jokin ^^
Dec 6, 2013 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Orionz said:
one of the worst animes of this season, boring, stupid and now they got it to be even worse.

How is mirai alive if she was consumed by the shade? akihito in the hospital, is it the present? past?, very idiotic episode, they tried to make it interesting but it sucked hard, only gonna finish this because i'm already at episode 10.

You not understanding something doesn't make it bad, sir.
Dec 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Orionz said:
How is mirai alive if she was consumed by the shade? akihito in the hospital, is it the present? past?, very idiotic episode, they tried to make it interesting but it sucked hard, only gonna finish this because i'm already at episode 10.
I am not sure it is the episode that is idiotic or your understanding.

- we see the shade took hold of mirai but does it mean she is "consumed" by it? it is not definitely stated it is the case.

- akihito wakes up in the present. what made you think he woke up in the past?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
Constant "time skips" kinda confused me at first.

NicoNicoNii said:
Oh KyoAni. I hope Mirai comes back. Needs more Mitsuki though.

And I thought I was the only one who remembered that.
Dec 6, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
Orionz said:
FUCK YOU AND DIE WITH AIDS <3

Awww I bet you say that to all the guys.

Orionz said:
FUCK YOU AND DIE WITH AIDS <3

Yup. I was right. :)
Dec 6, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2012
so one of the ancient weapon that can destroy the world is here.. I want to eat that omelet rice :D..

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

546 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Aug 7, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

210 by little_raven »»
Jul 24, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

449 by little_raven »»
Jul 22, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

339 by little_raven »»
Jul 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2013

224 by Muow »»
Jul 6, 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.