Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2013 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
People saying that Banri was in the wrong when confronting Kouko: What the hell is wrong with you?? Is thinking about yourself first for once an ass move? Friendship is not a family bond, you know? You are not obliged to be friends with someone who is clearly doing you harm.
Nov 11, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2011
Lacertoss said:
People saying that Banri was in the wrong when confronting Kouko: What the hell is wrong with you?? Is thinking about yourself first for once an ass move? Friendship is not a family bond, you know? You are not obliged to be friends with someone who is clearly doing you harm.

Probably they like to be treated as a pet.
Nov 11, 2013 5:48 AM
Feb 2010
Hmm, does anyone else feel like Tada Banri was actually quite cunning to want to stop being friends with Kaga when she was feeling very down, and kinda "forcing" her to be his lover? Kinda spoils the mood...

Well in the first place I still don't get why he was still doing stuff after being friend-zoned....-_-.

I would say this anime is getting unpredictable cause some things I reeeaaaallly do not get why the heck some characters do certain things... like why would Chinami invite Kaga after last time? =.=
DunkjoeNov 11, 2013 5:55 AM
Nov 11, 2013 6:21 AM

Apr 2012
Dunkjoe said:
Hmm, does anyone else feel like Tada Banri was actually quite cunning to want to stop being friends with Kaga when she was feeling very down, and kinda "forcing" her to be his lover? Kinda spoils the mood...

Well in the first place I still don't get why he was still doing stuff after being friend-zoned....-_-.

I would say this anime is getting unpredictable cause some things I reeeaaaallly do not get why the heck some characters do certain things... like why would Chinami invite Kaga after last time? =.=

If it was actually Tadas diabolically genius plan, then that would make it so much better. Right now im feelign pretty "eeeh" about it. And yeah the characters act kind of stupid, but they often do in romance anime. Love makes stupid you know, that shit is worse then drugs kills off your braincells and stuff.
Nov 11, 2013 7:32 AM

Jul 2011
koroX said:
Dunkjoe said:
like why would Chinami invite Kaga after last time? =.=

because she's a nice person ;)

I think she's that kind of person who wants to be friend of everyone.
Nov 11, 2013 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
ainky said:
koroX said:
Dunkjoe said:
like why would Chinami invite Kaga after last time? =.=

because she's a nice person ;)

I think she's that kind of person who wants to be friend of everyone.

Nope she clearly wants Kagas kitty kat.
Nov 11, 2013 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
This has been said many times, but I'll still say it, Well, that escalated quickly.

Double confession, double friendzoned, double out friendzoned, and one rejection. Damn. This series feels like one cour with things happening right now. Like we're halfway through the series.

I for one, want to root for Banri x Linda, but my other me is rooting Banri x Kouko too. Makes me stupidly wish that he end up with both of them so they'll be happy right? NAH!

But I laugh hard when Chinami rejected Mitsuo, then he and Kouko went crazy, and Banri brought them as offerrings to the tea club.
Nov 11, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
What the hell is this? It better be fleshed out cuz this episode was one way then the other and then another! The scene with Linda and Banri was just what I wanted to see but then the confession which to me seems like quick action from Koko to find someone to be attached to was really off putting. I can't tell if it's legit since it's so soon from her being rejected by Mitsuo. Perhaps it's infatuation?

Now with the next episode preview I see them holding hands? WTH?! I hope it'll tell me why 'cuz then the scene with Linda and Banri is going to be total BS if the meeting on the bridge to the question (whatever that was maybe marriage?) was to answer a yes or no. What was the point of Banri behaving like that towards Linda and then next episode preview?

Poor Mitsuo man. Don't give up! Keep at it with Chinami-chan.
Nov 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
I've decided...I love this anime.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Nov 12, 2013 8:38 PM
Jul 2013
WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY.
seriously though. All the episodes were very easy going and this one kinda hit me hard. THE CONFESSION WAS VERY UNEXPECTED. and the short quarrel between Tada and his post amnesia girl friend made my heart hurt...personally I ship them 2 more then Tada and Koko. Also somehow I don't see Koko's confession as genuine. Probably using him still to get close to Mitsuo. But, also part of me believes that she really does Tada, but doesn't know how to love anyone other than MItsuo.

probably overthinking this like i do with every anime haha
but I am enjoying this way more then I thought I would considering the genre.
Nov 12, 2013 11:15 PM

Sep 2013
exactly my thoughts as well: that escalated quickly.

but I'm still not sure how I feel about any of this... any of the characters, any of the relationships... I don't know if I even like linda... I liked mitsuo and chinami to be honest :/ but that didn't pan out so well (yet) lol. I guess I'm willing to find out how I feel about them all.

also, I guess seeing the friend zone in the guy's perspective is something new to me... lol
Nov 13, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2009
I feel like this is moving to fast...
I wonder what drama we'll see after the half mark.
Nov 13, 2013 7:10 AM

May 2008
KOTAE WA YESSSSSS! KOTAE WA NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one rollercoaster of emotion right there. Can't wait for the next episode. They're already together? Man, that was quick. I'm rooting for a Banri x Linda ending though.
Nov 13, 2013 11:42 AM

May 2011
I got really excited halfway through this episode - and then the last scene came. Eeeeehhh.
Nov 13, 2013 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
I don't like old Tada Banri, he was such a crybaby. The new one is... I guess he is just depressed of not knowing. Linda went to tell him yes, back there. And so this love polygon struggle begins.
Next time, they starts dating. I like how they are not prolonging the things, I guess the point where we find out who ran over him is near (my bet is it was Kouko). And the point when he remembers Linda won't be so far away also.
Nov 13, 2013 1:24 PM

May 2011
Man, what a emotional episode. The flashback in the beginning makes me think the old Tada and the new have pretty similar personalities.

I wonder if Kouko confessed to Tada just to keep him close to her. I find it hard to believe that Kouko got over Mitsuo so quickly, who's she's loved for pretty much her entire life, and suddenly developed romantic feelings (or realized them) for Tada out of the blue.

Was Linda's answer to Tada going to be yes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2013 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Banri dun goofed up.
Nov 13, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
man he looked like the bad guy here than the way i imagined the scene in the light novels
Nov 13, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2010
Free shoes, good for Banri

Yes Chinami episode, gotta love her and glad Mitsuo confessed to her, if not for that

"Don't be stupid" xD Those offerings XD Yup, I loveee that tea club xD

Damn, he talked with Linda, this is getting way too good. She somewhat blames herself for his amnesia coz she wasn't there on time... Now I am sure that I am all for Linda x Banri. Koko acting spoiled isn't really her fault, but still I don't like her malicious side.. I think she is confusing love with like...

May the best girl win but that best girl is Linda for me

Btw that ending is perfect for this show, so addicting
Nov 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Oct 2013
Now that's how you get out of the friendzone
Nov 14, 2013 1:22 AM
Jun 2013
ed and op so good wtf
Nov 14, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
Tea club is awesome! lo
But wow, that was a rushed "I love you" I was not waiting for it any soon...I wish Chinami could had another reaction to Mitsuo's confession.
But I still think Banri should end up with Linda...
Nov 14, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
Tada Banri bringing or convincing Koko going to the party is sort of a bad move. Probably felt that Mitsuo and Koko should try and get along though still that was not a great move. The Chinami rejection was perfect and hilarious and the way Mitsuo reacted that started the combustion into Koko and Mitsuo thrown into the tea club party. It's amazing was lively that bar is which is basically named after the show "Golden Time". Sort of like a symbolic of the shows Fun and good times side where even the most dramatic of situation is made into a punchline.

This is all Tada Banri episode. I'm glad he grew some courage to face the things that he doesn't like that is in front of him. Though is probably triggered by the yes/no props that was given by the former culture club leaders. Since the last thing Linda and Tada Banri last spoke of was his confession with a yes/no. This probably brought some old pent-up feelings from his former past and feels like he going through the same motions though this time it's with Koko. I wasn't sure at first why they were showing the past with Linda and his confession and emphasizing the "yes/no" case then when it was brought up in the culture club it made sense. Tada may have not gotten his memories of the past back but those emotions did came back. His frustrations with Linda and his former classmates labeling them as friend even though he always saw Linda as more then friends. Picture is present situation with Koko though a bit opposite that people see him as a couple with Koko it's just that Koko keeps placing that "friend" word in her sentence when she is around Mitsuo. These and along with Linda not speaking a word of his past, would really break any person down.

The way he confronted Linda in the culture club was probably the best thing to happen for both of them. Tada didn't want to step on a landmine to ensure he isn't prodding to a situation that brings up his past, he was waiting for Linda to make that move first, since she knows everything about his past and their relationship. So when Linda pushed down the situation between Koko and him, it caused the perfect situation to lay it all out there. He probably didn't mean to cause drama in the club room but it was something that has be done. It's like what Tada Banri said "Even if I asked, I'm sure you'll tell me you don't", if they were just to chat about it a nicely orderly way. Linda would probably keep a lid on it and just something differently just like the way she has done in the previous episode. Then right after, when Koko confessed to him, so she isn't lonely and didn't want to lose Tada Banri which is her only support pillar in the nearby area. Whether they last as a couple in the end of series, that is still to be determined, the opening may show Tada and Koko but you never know the outcome of series.

If I were to pick which of the couple I support, it definitely go to Linda and Banri. The fact that Banri could of went to any college in the country and somehow picked the one university that Linda is enrolled in tells me, that is not a coincidence and he truly loves her even till now.
Nov 14, 2013 8:48 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, more than few twists in this one. Very surprising.
Nov 15, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2009
Marathoned all this as much as I could and so far, this is probably now my favorite of the season. It's so sad how things ended up for past Banri and Linda. I somehow feel that Kaga doesn't really mean her confession yet. It's probably desperation and loneliness and, of course, the fact that she sees Banri trying to jump off a bridge.

Nov 15, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
very nice episode, a lots happened in just one episode.

"Anyway, say something funny."

THE BEST CHARACTER, 2D-KUN!
http://i.imgur.com/pFBenqS.png
, and then the one I dislike, boo. .
http://i.imgur.com/lgMjSXY.png
Yasu-kunNov 15, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 16, 2013 6:13 AM

May 2012
07:13 "u guys are not cute!"

10:11 LOOOOOL

T_T
That was an 8/10 episode.
The bad drawing's ruining the show, as usual.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 16, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
At which point did Linda reveal her whether she was going to say 'yes' or no' to Banri in the past? If it was implied I don't get it.
Nov 16, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2010
Great. Tadas going to end up with kouko. :(

Linda is the more deserving girl and besides from being deserving they just have better chemistry tada and her.

With him and kouko all it has been was a give and take type of relationship and I dunno...I just hate those kinds of relationships. You can see in the flashbacks that linda has always been the one to help or guide tada in some way. She literally "shows him the light" and also fixed his shirt problem when he was left out so yeah...guess im rooting for linda although they most likely wont be together
Nov 16, 2013 6:53 PM
Jul 2013
What the fuck with this episode?

It all stuck feelings, laughter, excitement, tears. The best part was the Film Club party, poor Yanas and Koko.
Nov 17, 2013 11:02 AM

Feb 2011
psyopslayerx said:
Tada Banri bringing or convincing Koko going to the party is sort of a bad move. Probably felt that Mitsuo and Koko should try and get along though still that was not a great move. The Chinami rejection was perfect and hilarious and the way Mitsuo reacted that started the combustion into Koko and Mitsuo thrown into the tea club party. It's amazing was lively that bar is which is basically named after the show "Golden Time". Sort of like a symbolic of the shows Fun and good times side where even the most dramatic of situation is made into a punchline.

This is all Tada Banri episode. I'm glad he grew some courage to face the things that he doesn't like that is in front of him. Though is probably triggered by the yes/no props that was given by the former culture club leaders. Since the last thing Linda and Tada Banri last spoke of was his confession with a yes/no. This probably brought some old pent-up feelings from his former past and feels like he going through the same motions though this time it's with Koko. I wasn't sure at first why they were showing the past with Linda and his confession and emphasizing the "yes/no" case then when it was brought up in the culture club it made sense. Tada may have not gotten his memories of the past back but those emotions did came back. His frustrations with Linda and his former classmates labeling them as friend even though he always saw Linda as more then friends. Picture is present situation with Koko though a bit opposite that people see him as a couple with Koko it's just that Koko keeps placing that "friend" word in her sentence when she is around Mitsuo. These and along with Linda not speaking a word of his past, would really break any person down.

The way he confronted Linda in the culture club was probably the best thing to happen for both of them. Tada didn't want to step on a landmine to ensure he isn't prodding to a situation that brings up his past, he was waiting for Linda to make that move first, since she knows everything about his past and their relationship. So when Linda pushed down the situation between Koko and him, it caused the perfect situation to lay it all out there. He probably didn't mean to cause drama in the club room but it was something that has be done. It's like what Tada Banri said "Even if I asked, I'm sure you'll tell me you don't", if they were just to chat about it a nicely orderly way. Linda would probably keep a lid on it and just something differently just like the way she has done in the previous episode. Then right after, when Koko confessed to him, so she isn't lonely and didn't want to lose Tada Banri which is her only support pillar in the nearby area. Whether they last as a couple in the end of series, that is still to be determined, the opening may show Tada and Koko but you never know the outcome of series.

If I were to pick which of the couple I support, it definitely go to Linda and Banri. The fact that Banri could of went to any college in the country and somehow picked the one university that Linda is enrolled in tells me, that is not a coincidence and he truly loves her even till now.

Nice post, helped explain some of the things I felt had to no build up like his frustration with being friendzoned with Koko and somewhat with how he all of sudden got some of his memories back.

However that last part there, he picked a University in Tokyo cause Linda inspired him to go after he got hit and lost his memories. (Hospital flashlight scene)
Nov 18, 2013 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
Nooooo! I want him to stay with Linda :C She's so cute, and great and everything that's good! *^* They better make an OVA in which they show a life with Linda or whatever.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Nov 19, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2012
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
I knew it was gonna be Kouko... curse this anime for offering two appealing choices to choose from. I really want to see Tada with Linda... Maybe Kouko and Mitsuo still have a chance, since he got rejected by Chinami. Chinami doesn't really seem interested in a relationship, and those two get along perfectly as a couple.

I can't believe I fell behind even an episode on this, it's one of the few anime that brings out all kinds of raw emotions from me.

I loved Chinami's "What?" when Mitsuo confessed... she could be my favorite character in the series, though I'd still choose Linda any day. Luckily there's a visual novel coming out, so I might just get to.
Nov 20, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2009
HalibelTheEspada said:
Maybe Kouko and Mitsuo still have a chance

Are you stupid or what? He hates her for all these years bing clingy to him.
Nov 21, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2009
koroX said:
That is probably true, but he may change his mind ;)

I assure you as of latest novel he still likes different girl.
Nov 26, 2013 4:40 PM

Aug 2011
Oh damn that ending. I really want Linda to have some fun too, I've really started to take a liking to her now.
Nov 27, 2013 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

At the level of character we have also with the different ways of interacting between the characters, but maybe because of me that I've seen the series in fits and starts, I do not take that much about the plot that seems too hasty!
Mean, are not the reactions of the characters to be wrong, but the story has evolved in a manner inconsistent!
But the behavior of Banri, is not that of a college freshman. Jeez! It looks like a little boy who lost his toy, say firmly what you think in a decisive manner, but then escapes to the toilet and make him grumpy!
It is not a respectful way of dealing with the person you have in front!
Narratively as I said, in my eyes, it seems also reasonable way to behave Linda, Banri and Kouko! Even Mitsuo and Okachi!
Pleasant the first part of the club of the tea is too amusing to hate, the second part becomes very introspective.
Too bad that so many see as its counterpart in the narrative quality graphics, a hint almost minimal, in fact, are only a few details to be improved. In terms of designs are in production levels, low alloy, this also animations that are just enough. Speaking of audio, view the release by me sounded quite muffled and I could not consider the opinions of other users about any desired effect!
Rating of 5/5 just for the fact of having seen so many irons in the fire retrospect I would have given maximum 4/5!
Dec 5, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
planetarian said:
Holy Fuck Banri is an awesome MC he has the guts to tell bitches off

exactly why I love this show

hats off to the most honest clear cut MC!
Dec 8, 2013 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
I feel sorry for Linda... At the moment, it seems that she deserves Banri far more than Kouko.
Dec 9, 2013 9:14 AM
Jul 2010
Tada Banri: the hero who defeated friendzone! I like the fact that he went ballistic because it shows that he can be assertive and proactive, something male protagonists too often lack in romcom animes.

But like other people, I thought the sound was problematic. The background music was annoying and very distracting. And I usually don't pay attention to the music at all.
Dec 10, 2013 2:05 AM

Nov 2007
The only reason Banri comes across as bipolar to some people is because of the rushed pace of everything. That was a lot of story in one episode, omg.

He wasn't willing to stick around and feel the slow death of a thousand shallow cuts that being just friends with Kouko would have been. Banri had guts to tell Kouko that he couldn't be just friends. That was great, imo.

He has been in knowledge of Linda's knowledge about his past self for a while now, and honestly, I'd lose my temper over that as well. He even acknowledges his own fault in that, in the scene after the rest of the club leaves.

I don't think Linda was going to confess to him in high school. If she was going to say yes, there would have been no reason for her to delay, to be late. She asked for time to think, which isn't bad in itself... but she certainly couldn't have been surprised to hear how Banri felt, not if they were that close. But all she did was ask for time, a delaying tactic. That feels to me like not wanting to give someone you care about bad news. And it's a little cowardly. But not unrealistic at all, and I like that.

I don't like the whole ghost thing. That... wow, that seems really dumb. Someone said something about the ghost interfering in the future? You have got to be kidding me. Is it really supposed to be his soul that got ejected from his body, and now Banri is a soulless husk? Or is it just the memories that are trapped behind the amnesia are going to make him subconsciously self-sabotage? Either way, I think he's better off the way he is. Old Banri didn't impress me with the little shown of him so far. ^^; Unfair of me? Probably.

I think the best thing (in general) would be for him and the people he knew to either accept the changes in their relationship, or acknowledge that they can't and wish each other the best, rather than dance around the amnesia and make everyone involved feel uncomfortable by refusing to acknowledge it or the changes. Not being able to move on sucks.

Hm. That kind of goes for Kouko and her relationship with Mitsuo, too. Not being able to move on/past something sucks for everyone involved. If she's really going to be moving on to a new relationship with Banri, I hope they can still salvage something from their childhood friendship. Is that a theme of the show? Being able to change and not stay mired in the past? Will Linda be able to get past her guilt, and become friends with Banri again? (I'm not rooting for her, though, sorry Linda fans)
Dec 17, 2013 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
metsujin said:
The Tea Club being awesome as usual. Now that was really something they she caught him xD well nice episode looking foward to see how their relationship develops.

yup
Dec 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2012
I don't get this episode at all.
It's kinda fucked up that Banri just suddenly not want to be friends with Kouko out of no where when she's drunk. And then Kouko suddenly confessed at the end of the episode.
Dec 21, 2013 4:13 AM

May 2013
very emotional.
Dec 21, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
Oka's answer and the Tea Club though lol! But for the other part wow, I was speechless!
Dec 23, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
The impact where it implied that Linda hit Banri with her motorbike was incredible 0.o I can't get enough of this series!
Dec 25, 2013 7:36 AM
Aug 2010
I'm surprised Miss "I love looking at beautiful people" rejected Mitsuo, though it doesn't really matter cuz she'll likely end up with him anyways. Since we already have gay but otherwise average guy Banri being paired with Miss Gorgeous Kouko, I guess having the reverse pairing is okay too.
Dec 27, 2013 12:02 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, so much in one episode haha. I honestly don't know who i'm rooting for.
Jan 3, 2014 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
She said it! She finally said it! But I don't know whether I ship him with Linda or Kouko....
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

892 by unmei_no_hito_02 »»
Jun 13, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

476 by Motebitchie »»
Jun 9, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

245 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 8, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

312 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 8, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

226 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 8, 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.