Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 5:29 PM
Oct 2011
Amarrez said:
http://i.imgur.com/I3jtpdW.jpg

Well, can she be forgiven?

No.
Sep 14, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
I KNEW IT. Had an inkling that it would be her. Loved how they revealed it though; gave me chills. <3 And seeing Mikasa getting ready to kill her was great too.

Those ending pictures with one of Mikasa and another of Levi though. <3 Definitely can't wait for the next episode.~
Sep 14, 2013 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
It was obvious.

But hey, I liked the episode. Tense, exactly what I've been missing from the series for a while.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 14, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
Was Hitch always that pretty? Oh well, I liked her anime design. Merlo, however, not so much.
Liked the extras, except how Annie's laugh was changed. I don't mind that she laughed extra, that's pretty awesome, but what the hell was she blushing about.
Still, I love this ep, did the manga justice, even above and beyond. Mikasa was pretty cool again as well.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 14, 2013 5:35 PM

Dec 2011
I kinda feel sorry for Annie but then I remember her in her Female Titan form killing all those people!

Sep 14, 2013 5:35 PM
May 2013
The first time I saw Annie I knew she was kind of sketch
Sep 14, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2011
It has been really obvious alright. I didn't expect her laugh though. I can't wait for another battle between the Female Titan and Titan Eren.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
vaikepois said:
yeah. pretty much figured that she is titan..

Anyways my question is.. was there a time skip? I mean in last episode they were returning to city at the end.. and now suddenly trapping Annie...?

I felt the same way. I actually went back to check I was watching the right episode and didn't somehow skip one because with how ep 22 ended and how this episode progress felt really odd. Great content but just odd how everything was just happening.
Sep 14, 2013 5:38 PM
Mar 2013
mixordia said:
I love seeing how people don’t mind about loving a murderer … see, last week everyone crying a lot for Petra and today everyone saying that they loves the person who killed her LOL… I agree with Mikasa, this world is cruel... just saying :)

She looked kinda hot with that blush, that doesnt mean I dont want to see her ripped to pieces by Eren.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Sep 14, 2013 5:39 PM

Apr 2013
lindsayzzz said:
No recap at the beginning of the episode already confirmed this episode to be awesome and it sure was! That's Sugita's voice as Marlow, RIGHT?! xD Hitch is a pretty funny yet wacky character. That plan was amazing! Armin is such a genius. So Annie was the one that killed Marco and took his 3D maneuver gear. I'm sure Annie being the female titan is no big surprise to everyone, but holy hell Annie's laugh was the biggest surprise to me. She even blushed. That ring is pretty handy too. Such a great way to reveal the female titan's true identity. Annie is awesome. :)
5/5

She put the ring on because she was suspicious . I think she understood from the moment she first met Armin when she was in the titan form that it will come to this , because ....do you remember that she understands human language even in titan form , do you?
Besides , even Armin have better eyesight than some of those who couldnt figure it out.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 14, 2013 5:45 PM
Jul 2013
sciafb said:
For all the past episodes, I was delighted to be surprised about alot of the events. But Annie? It was clear as day you saw the titan's face/eyes/hair it was her. The question was, how would they explain she got out there and did the deed? No explanation given.

Kinda disappointing. I haven't read the manga, so her odd behavior seemed a bit out of character as there is no reason ever to think she'd act that way. Not that I didn't enjoy the end of this episode and the tension but I was expecting more.

The only explanation for that is that she has reached her end game, she got no cards left, she reached her breaking point.

Besides, us Manga Readers only have hints about who is behind all of this, nothing is stated yet.
Sep 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
Xinception said:
sciafb said:
For all the past episodes, I was delighted to be surprised about alot of the events. But Annie? It was clear as day you saw the titan's face/eyes/hair it was her. The question was, how would they explain she got out there and did the deed? No explanation given.

Kinda disappointing. I haven't read the manga, so her odd behavior seemed a bit out of character as there is no reason ever to think she'd act that way. Not that I didn't enjoy the end of this episode and the tension but I was expecting more.

The only explanation for that is that she has reached her end game, she got no cards left, she reached her breaking point.

Besides, us Manga Readers only have hints about who is behind all of this, nothing is stated yet.

I havent read the manga but could it be , I'll put it in the spoiler for those that are sensible....
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 14, 2013 5:48 PM
Jan 2012
Well yeah, fair enough, that would be the only info as of now..

I've tried hard not to even look at any manga cells because I would rather enjoy the anime as I have been by letting it tell the story as it would. I will look through the manga once the 25 episodes end though because I really like the show.
Sep 14, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, they pulled it off amazingly even with a low budget.
Sep 14, 2013 5:49 PM
Jul 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
Xinception said:
sciafb said:

I havent read the manga but could it be , I'll put it in the spoiler for those that are sensible....

We still haven't reached there yet, I'm afraid. We need a petition for a bi-monthly release of them chapters. A month wait is killing us all T_T.

But, on a positive note, the latest chapter ended with a pretty big surprise (not sure if it would be good or bad), you should check the manga out if you can.
Sep 14, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2011
Not really surprised that there were no recaps this episode. Mainly due to the fact that we're done with the outer wall expedition and now inside of the wall with another situation.

Hitch appears alongside that person who wanna change the Mility Police, and they even got more filler scenes to them, which builds their character for a bit. Seeing how the higher ups are slacking and selling valuable expensive equipment to the black market just shows how corrupt it is.

Also that Yuu Narukami looking character! Haha

Armin finally get to talk to Annie again and I really liked conversation they had, Armin really knows how to persuade a person with his quick sharp mind.

Then we get to the point where Annie doesn't wanna follow Mikasa, Eren and Armin underground, this is where shit hits the fan! I feel the hysterical laugh moment Annie had was a bit over the top, and I do know she is do laugh in the manga as well, but I feel they exaggerated a bit, but its not a big deal, it just shows Annie how she is when she really is cornered and has no other way to go, and as Armin fired the signal, the team tries to surround her, but as you saw earlier, she did have a ring, and it can flip another layer that is pointy and oh well guess who just appeared again guys!

Another great episode, and its going to be interesting to see where they end the manga, I personally want them to end it at chapter 34, which there still are hope for, I mean, ending it at chapter 33 is like a big kick into the balls for the anime watchers only, and I want them to refrain from that. Especially as this show is full of cliffhangers!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bd364c73534708445ecb26d2167c5c6d/tumblr_mt55dbGe1C1r0p39zo1_400.gif
Sep 14, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
mixordia said:
I love seeing how people don’t mind about loving a murderer … see, last week everyone crying a lot for Petra and today everyone saying that they loves the person who killed her LOL… I agree with Mikasa, this world is cruel... just saying :)

this world is that twisted

Jul 2009
yuquall said:
Mills said:
HOOOLLLY SHIIIIIT CLIIIIIFFFFHAAANNNGERRRRRRR!!! EPISODE WAS SOOOO FREAKING GOOOOD!!!!

Side note: Hitch is freaking sexy.

Uum.. pardon me for asking..who is Hitch?

I wanna know too. Is it that annoying girl in the military police?

Sep 2012
Badass Annie is badass.
Sep 14, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
MagicFlier said:
mixordia said:

this world is that twisted

Nah , just hypocrites.
Sep 14, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2013
Inugirlz said:
yuquall said:
Mills said:
HOOOLLLY SHIIIIIT CLIIIIIFFFFHAAANNNGERRRRRRR!!! EPISODE WAS SOOOO FREAKING GOOOOD!!!!

Side note: Hitch is freaking sexy.

Uum.. pardon me for asking..who is Hitch?

I wanna know too. Is it that annoying girl in the military police?

Yep, it's her. Slutty Hitch. She's nice though, backing up Marlow (Hypocrite guy).

Wait.... I just noticed Yuu Narukami in this anime.... Dude, why you need to jump ship man? You have Persona 4.
Sep 14, 2013 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
If someone didn't know that it was Annie by now, they're... there's no way... how can you even... it was clear as day.

Even so, I LOVED the reveal, I didn't realize it was a setup, until Eren started yelling, and Mikasa is a badass as usual.

Annie's laugh and blushing was really well done, after keeping such a massive secret for so long it has to feel somewhat liberating with everyone knowing.
Sep 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Mar 2011
I'm still sad that this anime is ending after the next two episodes... I really with there was more anime with the thrills and chills that SnK has.
Sep 14, 2013 6:07 PM

Mar 2013
wow I like the change they did, the manga Annie just looked creepy in the reveal, this felt like a better change. Now that the anime is ending in 2 episodes I wonder how people will react to the cliffhanger ending :P

Dec 2012
Although Annie's identity and Armin's trap were pretty obvious, the build up to the revelation was magnificent. I literally couldn't contain my excitement when Annie switched the little hook on her ring out and the explosion. Man this week long wait is gonna do my head in.

I really like what Armin said to Annie about what it means to be a good person, too true. I'm not gonna fangasm Annie but I have to admit that a shade of gray is finally being thrown into the mix in regards to the titans vs humans.
May 2009
DeStr0y3r said:
Can someone send me the episode with eng sub?

Sure, where do you want me to send it? Maybe I can upload it to yousendit.com and email it to you. Do you prefer gg's subs or HorribleSubs'? HS releases 480p, 720p and 1080p versions. Do you care which one I send?

Might as well send next week's episode, too, as soon as it comes out. Please let me know.
Sep 14, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2011
I was wondering why Eren didn't chuck a fit when they were walking with Annie and I was hoping that Armin was gonna reveal that he knew that the FT was her... looks like they addressed it simultaneously :D

I think the studio was watching too much Mirai Nikki before animating Annie's reveal lol.

5/5
Sep 14, 2013 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
Ambient_ said:

I think the studio was watching too much Mirai Nikki before animating Annie's reveal lol.

This.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 14, 2013 6:14 PM
Dec 2012
Well, that laugh was just lame. Didn't fit with the scene at all.
Sep 14, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2010
I'm liking Armin more and more.
Sep 14, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
Dude, i laughed so hard when i saw Jean disguised as Eren. =P
And Annie's reveal was perfect. I love how they changed it a little bit so Annie looked more insane.
What really disappointed me was the ending, when Annie transformed. The place where the trio is hiding should be full of blood and corpses, with a suspense music or something like that.

Still, it was incredible - although i was starting to get desperate because i was in the half of the episode and Armin still didn't show up. But yeah, perfect. I always say that but: "next episode is going to be amazing" Can't wait to see how it's going to end.

6/5
Sep 14, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
Annie has won my heart. I say go to hell, Mikasa!
Sep 14, 2013 6:20 PM

May 2013
Even though i knew what was gonna happen, that ep still got me tense waiting for that moment at the end and omg i loled hard at jean supposedly disguised as eren
Sep 14, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2013
For an episode that had a lot of filler
That was a freeking amazing episode! :D
Sep 14, 2013 6:29 PM

Jun 2007
Another mixed bag of an episode. As far as votes go, 3/5 twice in a row after 21's 6/5.

It made me happy that they started with Annie waking up, like I remember the chapter beginning (guessing just one chapter adapted). But I didn't get a, 'Wow, Annie is the Female Titan!' impression like in the manga. The art seemed off in comparison. Maybe it was the addition of colour. Iuno.

The talking between unimportants was as I remember, to a point... except the lack of animation/off faces were quite noticeable. However, my issue is that Annie didn't expand on her 'We'd really be screwed if a good guy like you made it to the top' comment like I remember her doing in profound fashion in the manga. Maybe my memories are playing tricks on me here but in the anime that scene got broken up by worthless 3DMG filler, with chatter from the scene continuing after between Annie & Justice, and it simply didn't do anything for me. Might be a translation issue; might be altered dialogue--I'd have to check.

...Anyway, following on from filler that was more of a time waste than even recaps (plz come back, all is forgiven ; ;), the scene between Armin and Annie. That went down just like I remember, so no probs there. What irked me was budget/art issues that took me away from the tension. I recall the manga pretty much cupping my balls at that point... but in the anime, with minimal effort?

The climatic scene I/everyone had been waiting for was GREAT tension/artwise. Annie's eyes and her face in general got the attention required to pull me into the scene. Every bit as tense as I remember. BUT, problems:

#1: Again, I'm not sure what's up with my memories conflicting with the anime subs but I'm 99% sure the translation I read of the manga had Annie highlight that she knew it was a trap, with Armin asking why she came if she knew. It was still quite obvious Annie was suspicious with the ring and her awareness... but I liked that little exchange.

#2: The Death Note director trying to imitate Light's insane laughter in another work. Totally out of character, and the blushing gave Annie this bizarrely lewd/orgasmic look. It took some time to accept the females in the anime having a glossy slutlips look when THEY'RE IN THE MILITARY WITH SIXPACKS... but inexplicable slutcheeks now, in a non-sexual situation, when Annie's emotions are expressed through her eyes rather than expressions?... like someone else said, it's as if they swapped the slutty MP chick with Annie.

The insane laughter worked and was so chilling in Death Note because it was the accumulation of Light's emotions bursting out when finally cornered. Think of it like Annie's death cry as a titan--there was no way out and he lost it. In terms of Annie, it was just ALL wrong. It might've been ok if not for the close-up on the face - it was ok when showing her body - but it ruined the scene as is.

This is Shingeki's anime as a whole: one amazingly good, fast-paced episode, followed by snail-paced 1-chapers where corners get cut to ribbons... though this is the first time a memorable scene hasn't been enhanced by the DN director of epic's hands.
AironicallyHumanSep 14, 2013 6:43 PM
Sep 14, 2013 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
I like the expansion to the world within the inner wall, the military police are so corrupted and doesn't give a damn about anything. Annie's crazy laugh really surprised me though owo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 6:33 PM
Oct 2011
Annie's laugh reminded me of a Yandere
Sep 14, 2013 6:34 PM
Jul 2013
the1337fleet said:
DeStr0y3r said:
Can someone send me the episode with eng sub?

Sure, where do you want me to send it? Maybe I can upload it to yousendit.com and email it to you. Do you prefer gg's subs or HorribleSubs'? HS releases 480p, 720p and 1080p versions. Do you care which one I send?

Might as well send next week's episode, too, as soon as it comes out. Please let me know.

I'll take that pre-order please.
Sep 14, 2013 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
god dayum i knew it was her just like everyone else but i kinda just blocked the thought out of my head till this episode and the ring made it a done deal

great episode though i would had preferred just the smile i liked the laugh kinda made her just seem batshit insane which she is

Annie even if your laugh was oddly cute (yurusenai! )

Petra Never forget
Sep 14, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2012
holy shit...
Sep 14, 2013 6:40 PM
Jan 2013
I. FUCKING. CALLED. IT! If you did not see that Annie was the FT, then you, my friend, are just plain stupid. Sorry, but they didn't even try to make an attempt at hiding that. I love that one guy though that tried to be the hero. That seriously made my life, lol.

It's pretty sad that there are only 2 episodes yet though. I'm hoping and praying for a second season, it's just too good for it to just... stop.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Sep 14, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 2013
They kept dropping hints that there are stronger people than Levi in the Walls, and that Smugglers might be more efficient at using 3DMGs than actual soldiers, and there are people and organizations outside the Walls:

• Hypocrite Guy Marlow's hints and Annie's leer at him following shortly (Organizations and people)

• Officers' deal with that shady guy from a supposed "trading associates", which sells stuff on the black market. Coincidentally, that deal was the trading of 3DMGs, blades and rifles for a small pouch of money. The fuck? (Smugglers using 3DMGs, stronger human than Levi. Levi might have got his skills taught to him by them?)
Sep 14, 2013 6:43 PM
Jan 2013
ArufeimKirra said:
Lottili said:
Wtf was up with that laugh, they ruined it. -_- It feels like they missed her character.

Still, great episode.

Do you remember Light of Death Note? If you know what I mean then you already have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Well said, my friend
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Sep 14, 2013 6:50 PM
Sep 2013
You got to be shitting me, that was horrible episode probably the worst of the entire series. No progress, useless and boring filler scene and completely fuckd up annie smile scene. Oh for Christ sake do seriously like that?

Anime:
http://i.imgur.com/UFC9wkP.jpg

Manga:
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/031.0/compressed/oimg043.jpg?v=11368324281
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/031.0/compressed/oimg044.jpg?v=11368324281
Sep 14, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2011
Dat blushing Annie. That was totally unexpected but its was a nice addition.

Annie knew something was up since the moment she put on that ring.

Its funny how Mikasa is the angriest among them all when its supposed Eren.

Sep 14, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
Shingeki No Kyojin Episode 23 HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!

Sep 14, 2013 6:52 PM
Jul 2011
God dammit I thought for sure the titan was Armin: Blonde hair, blue eyes, Female!?!?! Everything fit.
Sep 14, 2013 6:54 PM
Sep 2013
Pipoko said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Pipoko said:
ErenxMikasa said:
ArufeimKirra said:
Xinception said:
ArufeimKirra said:
Is it weird that I found Annie's blushing laugh stunningly sexy...and lewd?

Gonna rate this after I watch the subbed version.

Dude, don't jinx it dude. You might just start a timeline where Ahegao Hentai with Annie happens very frequently.

Then I would be proud of myself.

OT: The Production team should start animating fillers often, rather than recaps.
Anyway, it feels like Episode 24 would contain the events of Chapter 33
and maybe some fillers. And we have to expect a lot of Sakuga animations from this point onwards.

I still think the end of 33 should be the end of the finale rather than 34.

That would be really cruel, though. 34 at least gives some more elaboration on the whole mess and a more natural end, 33 is just a straight-up cliffhanger.

That's pretty much what each episode has been doing.

That's true, but it is the end of the season. It'd be really unnatural to end it like that. If they do, it's fine by me, but I think It'd kinda feel off.

Sep 14, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
Sep 14, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Dat blushing Annie. That was totally unexpected but its was a nice addition.

Annie knew something was up since the moment she put on that ring.

Its funny how Mikasa is the angriest among them all when its supposed Eren.

To be fair she tried to kidnap Eren. Hurting Eren = Furious Mikasa, in episode 9 she threatens to show the garrison members her specialty in "slicing flesh" if they try to hurt Eren.
It's quite funny, Mikasa often berates Eren for his temper and hotheadedness, but when he gets hurt, she becomes just like him.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1659 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 22, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

993 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 20, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1558 by cosmic_cosmo »»
Jun 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

omega_d94 - Aug 17, 2013

499 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 19, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - May 11, 2013

952 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 17, 6:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.