Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2013 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
Holy shit this episode! Watching all the killing did by Female Titan was intense. Poor guy who got killed like yo-yo, that looks really painful.

Been waiting for that Krista joke. The boys expression are hilarious especially Reiner & his "I want to marry her" XD

Damn that scene when FT shows up in the forest is beautifully done. That part are giving me chills even though I have read the manga version & the music just add the right atmosphere to it.

Still didn't expect it to end when Levi shoot the signal which is odd. Dem CLIFFHANGERS!!!
Looks like they will show the team flashback in the next ep. Looking forward to it since it really hilarious when I read that part.
arena149Aug 11, 2013 11:49 AM
Aug 11, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2009
all these posts deleted at start of thread

why was mine removed lol
Aug 11, 2013 11:50 AM
Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:
Eren is the main character because he's the reason everyone's fighting, both human side(his classmates joined the scouting legion because of him) and Titan side(who as of now has shown no clear reason why Eren is important to them).

That's the thing though.

Being a titan -----> his dad
Joining the levi's squad ------> because he is a titan

And if you are a manga reader you will notice that he is only important for the
and even that is for unknown reasons. He is just incompetent and he didn't achieve anything by himself so far, by each passing chapter he only proves how immature and idiotic he is and he views the world in a black and white way. So far he is just a damsel in distress lol. He is a terrible one dimensional main character imo.

I disagree.
PipokoAug 11, 2013 11:55 AM
Aug 11, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Eren is the main character because he's the reason everyone's fighting, both human side(his classmates joined the scouting legion because of him) and Titan side(who as of now has shown no clear reason why Eren is important to them).

That too but he's still mainly a damsel :P
pralan said:
PoeticJustice said:
Pretty well animated episode. I fail to see the point of Armin's existence, he does nothing and fails to demonstrate in any capacity to be strategical. I wish this show had the balls to kill off characters who didn't have more than 5 minutes of screen time.

8/10

Please, Armin is one of the more useful characters in this series

Darklight0303 said:
tsudecimo said:

I dislike Armin but he is not useless. Erin on the other hand, why is he a main character?

Because every story needs a damsel in distress.

Lol, this
Darklight0303 said:
tsudecimo said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:
Pretty well animated episode. I fail to see the point of Armin's existence, he does nothing and fails to demonstrate in any capacity to be strategical. I wish this show had the balls to kill off characters who didn't have more than 5 minutes of screen time.

8/10

Except he's the only one who figured out at least part of what Erwin is planning. So what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

I dislike Armin but he is not useless. Erin on the other hand, why is he a main character?

Because every story needs a damsel in distress.

calling Eren a Damsel? when Armin has been a whimp and useless since episode 1

lol

hes clever with strategics but calling Eren a Damsel when he can turn into a titan is pretty stupid

Pipoko said:
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

and even that is for unknown reasons. He is just incompetent and he didn't achieve anything by himself so far, by each passing chapter he only proves how immature and idiotic he is and he views the world in a black and white way. So far he is just a damsel in distress lol. He is a terrible one dimensional main character imo.

I disagree.

all the pathetic Eren hate is pathetic

he is the man character he is not useless you people wreck anime fourms

Saying he joined the Levi Squad cause hes a titan is a bit obvious? and who knows if he would have ever joined levis squad they have that old grandpa there
AForgottenSoulAug 11, 2013 11:55 AM
Aug 11, 2013 11:54 AM

May 2012
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

Except he's the only one who figured out at least part of what Erwin is planning. So what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

That means nothing to me. He is supposed to be some sort of tactician but does nothing that demonstrate his ability. All he has done in the show is whine, and devised like 1 plan that wasn't even elaborate. He is useless because he doesn't fulfill his role. And it is my opinion, if u don't like it I suggest you deal with it because I don't say anything to the people who love all the characters and think SnK is 10/10 ZOMG MASTERPIECCZ of the ages. I respect others opinions and I guess I was wrong to expect that from others.
Aug 11, 2013 11:56 AM

Apr 2009
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

That means nothing to me. He is supposed to be some sort of tactician but does nothing that demonstrate his ability. All he has done in the show is whine, and devised like 1 plan that wasn't even elaborate. He is useless because he doesn't fulfill his role. And it is my opinion, if u don't like it I suggest you deal with it because I don't say anything to the people who love all the characters and think SnK is 10/10 ZOMG MASTERPIECCZ of the ages. I respect others opinions and I guess I was wrong to expect that from others.

just ignore them

these are the people who Love Armin the guy who crys every episode and Hates Eren the main character and the reason all these events are happening and actually has a purpose , and gets people to believe and trust him
Aug 11, 2013 11:56 AM

Apr 2008
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

One plan? Get your rotting eyes checked. He devised the plan to lead eren to the base, then the plan to clear the base THEN helped put together the plan to regain trost.
Aug 11, 2013 11:58 AM
Sep 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

But that's the thing. Armin figured out the female Titan's identity and manipulated her to save Jean last episode and found a better solution to their problem than Jean and Reiner did this episode - essentially accepting he might die and with his request to pass the message to Erwin about the female Titan's identity be useful to humanity as a whole. If you don't call that smart thinking/strategizing what is it then?
Aug 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

One plan? Get your rotting eyes checked. He devised the plan to lead eren to the base, then the plan to clear the base THEN helped put together the plan to regain trost.

and that gives him the reason to cry and get in everyone's way on the battlefield?

if Eren wasn't a titan none of this would have happened so calling him a damsel when without eren Armin is nothing
Aug 11, 2013 12:00 PM
Sep 2012
Calumz said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

and that gives him the reason to cry and get in everyone's way on the battlefield?

if Eren wasn't a titan none of this would have happened so calling him a damsel when without eren Armin is nothing

When was the last time Armin actually cried? Wasn't that like episode 10, when had his big moment?
Aug 11, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2009
Pipoko said:
Calumz said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

When was the last time Armin actually cried? Wasn't that like episode 10, when had his big moment?

Armin is more of a girl then most girls in this anime

Without Eren NONE OF THEM HAVE A PURPOSE or reason to be doing wat there doing

Eren is the main character im sick of people bitching about him every dam week

eren was a damsel first few episodes but saying he is now is pathetic
Aug 11, 2013 12:03 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
sim0n2170 said:
God dam the Goddess

This is GOLD

I love you dude, I truly do.

On another note:

-Armin is no N.E.E.T, please stay calm. He's smart. Watch the anime, be patient, you'll get bitch-slapped.

-The next episode will prove to you that Eren has grown a little bit more character-wise.

Ahhh, this brings back memories, when people are bitching about Mikasa being a kuudere. They are who they are :P.
XinceptionAug 11, 2013 12:09 PM
Aug 11, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Pipoko said:
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

I disagree.

Aug 11, 2013 12:07 PM
Sep 2012
You're anime-only, right? Well, you'll see why people call him a damsel and completely useless soon enough, even if I don't agree with that because he did give humanity their first victory and has had some character development moments(in the anime most notably beating Jean and proving that he can think straight, when Titans aren't invloved).
Aug 11, 2013 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
Calumz said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

You're adorable talking with your ignorance.
Aug 11, 2013 12:13 PM
Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

I disagree.

PipokoAug 11, 2013 12:17 PM
Aug 11, 2013 12:17 PM
Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

I disagree.

Firstly, please don't bring this to the anime forums, respect the watchers. If you want, you could repost this on the manga forum and I'll head over there and have a good discussion with you about this.

Second,

(Warning, do not click this, if you are an anime watcher, since this is directly for him/her and manga readers.)

Aug 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:
tsudecimo said:
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

I disagree.

AForgottenSoulAug 11, 2013 12:25 PM
Aug 11, 2013 12:23 PM
Jun 2013
Monad said:
arimpact said:
Monad said:
BloodyNightsky said:

I mean , it's not like the female titan has blonde hair and blue eyes with similar traits like Annie , she's definitely Mikasa who has black hair and black eyes , the titan mode totally acts like a super saiyan transformation , right?right?

Let's not forget the nose. Annie is the only one with a very different nose from the others and the giant has the same nose.
Other thing that is a hint by itself(and i like how they say there is no hint) is because she's obviously not there. We can see all the others. Mikasa and the others are there so it's obviously not m. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.
[irony mod on]There is no way you can figure that out right?[irony mod off]
The little bitch probably didn't joy them so she can sneak and attack them. Quite possible humans are behind the whole giant thing or giants have a structure with brainless foot soldiers at bottoms and intelligent giants at the top that also infiltrate humans.

ok i hear this nose thing here and there. I can't really tell from the previous image, annie's nose looks like anyone else's to me. Generric anime nose.

If you have no ability whatsoever to see difference in artwork is not our fault. If everything looks the same to you is your problem.
Just look at this nose. Btw the pic itself is a hint also from episode 13(coughwhyshe's sayingsorrycough).

She has one of those slightly ugly noses that curve outside.
If you click on the following pic you will see the noses in red and blue that are the usual styles. Especially the one in red is very used in anime.

Just look at Mikasa nose.

Do you get it now?

no i don't, can you explain it again? this time add profanity and more of that know it all attitude into it please. Because clearly being an ass is one of the prereq for seeing these things.
arimpactAug 11, 2013 12:35 PM
Aug 11, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Are you suggesting that Eren is worser than him?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 11, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
great episode! loved how the female titan is just a complete boss! cant't wait for next week :O
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Aug 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2008
BloodyNightsky said:

They are about equal actually only Eren has more rage
Aug 11, 2013 12:34 PM
Nov 2010
mixordia said:
5/5

This anime can't and shouldn't be compared to any other anime because SnK deserves the hype for own merit.. the next idiot who compare SnK with other anime deserves a kick in the ass. :)

I think that's a little bit of an exaggeration..
Aug 11, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
I guess this was one of those episodes where not much happened. Jean, Armin and Reiner got saved by Christa. They're now on top of some trees along with some other of the new recruits (I think Mikasa and Connie were there too). Squad Levi is being chased by the Female Titan and it looks like nobody knows what Commander Erwin is thinking.

Ended when things (looked) like they were about to get exciting though. Damn. Well at least Levi got some screentime so that makes this episode and instant 10 for me
Aug 11, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2012
Sign that female Titan to the NFL ASAP!

Darklight0303 said:
BloodyNightsky said:

They are about equal actually only Eren has more rage

Funny how they're voiced by the same person.
Aug 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
BloodyNightsky said:

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Aug 11, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
What an intense episode. Ugh cliffhangers.

For the people who think Armin is still useless are you even watching the same anime I am? He's been plenty useful. God forbid a male character cries a few times. He hasn't even cried recently.
Aug 11, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
Emmy12 said:

For the people who think Armin is still useless are you even watching the same anime I am? He's been plenty useful. God forbid a male character cries a few times. He hasn't even cried recently.

so its fine to call Eren useless

But Armin is not?

Eren is a leader he gets people following him

if people havnt Noticed

Eren Not a Skillful fighter like Levi ,Mikasa - Has a Titan
Armin - Useless figher has his brain
Mikasa Skillful fighter but doesnt think for her self and does anything eren does

all of them together have stuff the others do not
AForgottenSoulAug 11, 2013 1:38 PM
Aug 11, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
Damn. The last minutes of this episode were so tense that I almost broke the computer when it ended with a cliffhanger. This week's wait will really suck.

"God."
"A goddess."
"I want to marry her."

Loved it. XD
Aug 11, 2013 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
Calumz said:
Emmy12 said:

so its fine to call Eren useless

But Armin is not?

Eren is a leader he gets people following him

if people havnt Noticed

Eren Not a Skillful fighter like Levi ,Mikasa - Has a Titan
Armin - Useless figher has his brain
Mikasa Skillful fighter but doesnt think for her self and doesnt anything eren does

all of them together have stuff the others do not

Where did I say Eren is useless? I don't think any of the characters are useless.
Aug 11, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
Levi was about to shoot his mini cannon that's why he told his subordinates to cover their ears. That gun is going to kill the titan in 1 blow. Happy Ending
Aug 11, 2013 1:31 PM
Apr 2011
HasegawaShigure said:
ravagestorm said:
Fucking hell. I can't wait no more. I'm reading the manga.

I did the same :P

I caught up with the manga. Now I know everything.
Aug 11, 2013 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
ravagestorm said:
HasegawaShigure said:
ravagestorm said:

you dont know everything the manga still has loads of unanswered stuff
Aug 11, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Mikasa:

Female Titan:

Annie:

Female Titan:

Yep , definitely , Mikasa.

I mean , it's not like the female titan has blonde hair and blue eyes with similar traits like Annie , she's definitely Mikasa who has black hair and black eyes , the titan mode totally acts like a super saiyan transformation , right?right?

Jesus I meant that her face looked like mikasa to me...yes I can see the blonde hair I know it's not her
Aug 11, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
ravagestorm said:
HasegawaShigure said:
ravagestorm said:

Well that was quick.
Aug 11, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
At the beginning of this episode (during the recap) they showed Armin shouting to Jean something about avenging someone. Who was he referring to?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 11, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2011
ravagestorm said:
HasegawaShigure said:
ravagestorm said:

Omedeto dude

geralt said:
At the beginning of this episode (during the recap) they showed Armin shouting to Jean something about avenging someone. Who was he referring to?

Aug 11, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
renders said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Mikasa:

Annie:

Jesus I meant that her face looked like mikasa to me...yes I can see the blonde hair I know it's not her
yeah, if it weren't for the Color, I'd think she looks quite like Mikasa.
Aug 11, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
arimpact said:
Monad said:
arimpact said:
Monad said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Let's not forget the nose. Annie is the only one with a very different nose from the others and the giant has the same nose.
Other thing that is a hint by itself(and i like how they say there is no hint) is because she's obviously not there. We can see all the others. Mikasa and the others are there so it's obviously not m. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.
[irony mod on]There is no way you can figure that out right?[irony mod off]
The little bitch probably didn't joy them so she can sneak and attack them. Quite possible humans are behind the whole giant thing or giants have a structure with brainless foot soldiers at bottoms and intelligent giants at the top that also infiltrate humans.

ok i hear this nose thing here and there. I can't really tell from the previous image, annie's nose looks like anyone else's to me. Generric anime nose.

If you have no ability whatsoever to see difference in artwork is not our fault. If everything looks the same to you is your problem.
Just look at this nose. Btw the pic itself is a hint also from episode 13(coughwhyshe's sayingsorrycough).

She has one of those slightly ugly noses that curve outside.
If you click on the following pic you will see the noses in red and blue that are the usual styles. Especially the one in red is very used in anime.

Just look at Mikasa nose.

Do you get it now?

no i don't, can you explain it again? this time add profanity and more of that know it all attitude into it please. Because clearly being an ass is one of the prereq for seeing these things.

I'm sorry my explanation wasn't to your liking.
Please fill this so i can understand your feelings better.
Aug 11, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
DAMN! i hate when it ends in a cliffhanger!!!
Aug 11, 2013 2:39 PM

Mar 2013
AnimeHAwk616 said:
renders said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Mikasa:

Annie:

Part of the reason why it was less obvious in the manga.
Aug 11, 2013 2:58 PM
Apr 2011
Calumz said:
ravagestorm said:
HasegawaShigure said:
ravagestorm said:

you dont know everything the manga still has loads of unanswered stuff

What I meant was I know what will happen in the anime. You are taking things literally sheesh.
Aug 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2008
Another episode of Female Titan completely dominating everyone. The sheer brutality, and its face after it found Eren. Now that was something disturbing. The final minutes truly were out of this world, the action blended brilliantly with the music. I was pretty much shivering during the finale, it was that epic.

And some peaceful (Christa) moments in between.
Aug 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
fst said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
renders said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Mikasa:

Annie:

Part of the reason why it was less obvious in the manga.

When you See it you will shit bricks.
Free to click images inside
MonadAug 11, 2013 3:06 PM
Aug 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Oct 2008
I want to see who is the badder Eoten/Titan, Eren or FT? Of course, I'm sure I won't get a chance to see. I'm sure they have a plan to get away from her and not fight her head on. And although Eren might have her beat in terms of strength. It seems the FT fighting abilities are on another level than Eren in his Titan form.
Aug 11, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2008
n10sity said:
I want to see who is the badder Eoten/Titan, Eren or FT? Of course, I'm sure I won't get a chance to see. I'm sure they have a plan to get away from her and not fight her head on. And although Eren might have her beat in terms of strength. It seems the FT fighting abilities are on another level than Eren in his Titan form.

Ha. hahaha. Ha.
Aug 11, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Shingeki no Kyojin should just be called "Procrastination, the anime". 20 minutes just seems to fly by each week with barely anything happening, and it always leaves you with a great end that makes you think "damn next week is gonna be awesome tho!". I'm not complaining since I'm hooked, but man it gets harder to just keep watching without letting myself get spoiled/giving in and reading the manga. Takes some serious restraint and patience.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Aug 11, 2013 3:39 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
n10sity said:

Ha. hahaha. Ha.

oh man people are in for a ride now....
Aug 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
I dont know how the FT looks in the manga , I dont want to know but there are other traits that points to Annie , but it requires you to pause the video and stare at it , ignoring the blonde hair and the blue eyes.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 11, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2010
So I'm hearing that next week's episode is going to be a flashback. Manga readers, are they really going to shit the bed that hard and pull a flashback after the cliffhanger we had this week?
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How KSI's new song ties in with themes portrait by AoT

Ghost_Davo - Oct 16

39 by Analyzer404 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

945 by topfloorboss45 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1565 by topfloorboss45 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

976 by SolalAnime »»
Oct 17, 4:02 AM

» Foreshadowing and Hidden details

ANIk_003 - Oct 8

34 by Kaynear »»
Oct 12, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.