Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2010
Num1dad_Asura said:
Allright, it seems a lot of people didn't get this.

The point of the game is to kill without being found out by the others. If the majority votes for the true culprit, only the true culprit will be executed. If the majority votes for the wrong culprit, everybody but the true culprit will be executed.

Note: Monokuma knows who the true culprit is, so he can ascertain if they are right or wrong.

Ok but here in lies the other question, what happens if the true culprit isn't voted and someone else is? The person and the culprit live right? I don't think that part was explained too well IMO.
Jul 12, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2013
KiraYoshikage said:
Stark700 said:

That idol is still scared? Well damn.

Junko is a fashion girl though alright. "Hehe".
Oh snap, Sayaka Maizono's body spotted. What's up with the weird purple stuff. Whatever. I kinda expected this though after the previous episode.

Oh and I'm digging this OST.

The explanation fo the next week.

Hard spoil:

I read the chapter of manga and now, I will begin the VN

Hey I played the game awhile back and it's sort of like VN but I can't really classify it as one.
Jul 12, 2013 7:44 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
I love the opening theme. Sounds so great.
Was noticing something but, wondering why the blood changed it to pink? Looks just like the last time in School days where they changed the blood into black.
Lol at the ending they showed two deaths of people, but the main character whatever his name is on there, so that means he might be dead in the next episode. Bet he won't because all anime don't kill the main character. Ehh, knew that I will won't like him that much.
4/5

Araby said:
Nagei is so dumb. He should be happy everyone suspects him.

this. Really despises him.
Jul 12, 2013 7:45 PM
Jan 2013
skudoops said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

The point of the game is to kill without being found out by the others. If the majority votes for the true culprit, only the true culprit will be executed. If the majority votes for the wrong culprit, everybody but the true culprit will be executed.

Note: Monokuma knows who the true culprit is, so he can ascertain if they are right or wrong.

Ok but here in lies the other question, what happens if the true culprit isn't voted and someone else is? The person and the culprit live right? I don't think that part was explained too well IMO.

He explains it quite clearly that if they vote for the wrong person, EVERYONE except the TRUE CULPRIT gets killed.
Jul 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
skudoops said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

I mentioned that already, check the bolded.
Num1dad_AsuraJul 12, 2013 7:49 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Mar 2011
I don't get why everybody believe this. It is clearly said that if they are wrong, everybody except the killer will die. It is even illustrated with DRAWINGS.

Otherwise, I personally made a theory after ep 1, and started the game afterward in order to check if I was right, and it turned out to be fine. So just a little thing for people having fun making theories for this anime: taking everything "at face value" and saying that "it's so obvious, it must be this" here will not work (and it is not always a good reasoning, even IRL). I can already see a lot of people asspained that will say that "it's the anime's fault", when it was THEIR fault becauseTHEY were the one who didn't search far enough. Don't stop at the obvious, go farther.
Jul 12, 2013 7:48 PM

Mar 2011
skudoops said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

It is explained. In episode 2. Only the killer survives.
Jul 12, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2008
I guess the misconception about the rules of the game is getting out of hand. Why do a lot of people say that the wrongly accused murderer will survive? Subtitle problem?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 12, 2013 7:49 PM
Jul 2012
willardhwright said:
skudoops said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

It is explained. In episode 2. Only the killer survives.

Yup he really explain the rules of the game. I agree with him.
Jul 12, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2011
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
Was noticing something but, wondering why the blood changed it to pink? Looks just like the last time in School days where they changed the blood into black.
Lol at the ending they showed two deaths of people, but the main character whatever his name is on there, so that means he might be dead in the next episode. Bet he won't because all anime don't kill the main character. Ehh, knew that I will won't like him that much.
4/5

Araby said:

People really don't get it. Naegi KNOWS he isn't the culprit. And Monokuma knows everything too. If he is accused, since he isn't the killed, EVERYONE except the real killer die.
The part about monokuma knowing everything, which isn't in the anime, may be to blame for the misconception. Most people probably think that he cannot know who the true culprit is and will rely on everyone in order to find it. Which is wrong.
willardhwrightJul 12, 2013 7:52 PM
Jul 12, 2013 7:52 PM
Jul 2012
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Araby said:

People really don't get it. Naegi KNOWS he isn't the culprit. And Monokuma knows everything too. If he is accused, since he isn't the killed, EVERYONE except the real killer die.

I saw the whole conversation about him not the killer, but I just want him dead tbh. He got lucky though he wasn't involved in it.
Jul 12, 2013 7:52 PM
Jan 2013
DenjaX said:
I guess the misconception about the rules of the game is getting out of hand. Why do a lot of people say that the wrongly accused murderer will survive? Subtitle problem?

Because some people watch the anime and don't even try to understand it.
And there are people here who keep asking the same question, like "why is the blood pink?" and "I hate Naegi, he should be glad he's getting suspected" (<why?) and blah blah..
Jul 12, 2013 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
The rules were explained perfectly fine. Don't see why everyone is misunderstanding it and hating on Naegi for completely FALSE reasons. Naegi is anything but dumb.
Jul 12, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2011
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Araby said:

I saw the whole conversation about him not the killer, but I just want him dead tbh. He got lucky though he wasn't involved in it.

Haha, I guess it depends of how you define the word "involved". I will not spoil anything but the very first trial show just how unlucky the poor guy is.
Jul 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Mar 2011
ihateeveryone said:
The rules were explained perfectly fine. Don't see why everyone is misunderstanding it and hating on Naegi for completely FALSE reasons. Naegi is anything but dumb.

Well, I guess that when you're compared to Kyouko, pretty much everyone in the game look dumb
Jul 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2008
suynk said:
DenjaX said:

And there are people here who keep asking the same question, like "why is the blood pink?" and "I hate Naegi, he should be glad he's getting suspected" (<why?) and blah blah..
Maybe someone should make a thread about the rules of the game with complete details and whatnot.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 12, 2013 7:57 PM
Jul 2012
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Araby said:

Haha, I guess it depends of how you define the word "involved". I will not spoil anything but the very first trial show just how unlucky the poor guy is.

Yeah, since he was sleeping in the gym while someone got killed her.
Jul 12, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
DenjaX said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:

Maybe someone should make a thread about the rules of the game with complete details and whatnot.

I'm not sure it would really be useful. I saw countless threads on guilty crown or steins that had the same problem, if everything isn't chewed for people beforehand they don't even try to understand it. People are too used to animes you can watch with your brain on "off".
Jul 12, 2013 7:59 PM
Apr 2013
KuroneDLC said:
I always found it odd that they suspected Naegi simply because of Maizono dying in his room. I mean I understand thinking "huh, that's out of place," but I felt that since he screamed so loud and fainted at her body, it was enough to figure that was his first time seeing it and was shocked by it, which would be odd if he was the culprit.

I guess they could have considered it an act, but I always wondered about that part.
Jul 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Araby said:

HUH!? he slept in her room, when he passed out and awoke in the gym she had been dead for a while

Man this thread has me worried for later episodes reactions, if people are having such a hard time understanding things they outright say and show with fucking illustrations, they are gonna be so lost on alot of the twists, or really any plot points for that matter

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 8:00 PM
Jan 2013
DenjaX said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:

There wouldn't be anything to write in such a thread, though. lol
You kill without being found out, after a time of inspection, there is a court trial,
and after discussion, if they vote for the right culprit, the culprit is executed. If they vote for a wrong person, everyone EXCEPT the true culprit is killed.

People should at least try to understand the anime before bashing on it or some random character. It's not up to the anime to explain every little thing in detail. But unfortunately, some people just aren't capable of using their brain..
Jul 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Araby said:

HUH!? he slept in her room, when he passed out and awoke in the gym she had been dead for a while

Man this thread has me worried for later episodes reactions, if people are having such a hard time understanding things they outright say and show with fucking illustrations, they are gonna be so lost on alot of the twists, or really any plot points for that matter

More clearly, he woke up in the gym after seeing her dead, because of the shock xD
Jul 12, 2013 8:05 PM
Jan 2013

And dangan ronpa's mysteries aren't that hard, too. Unless they completely rush with the court trials, every little evidence is going to be explained and examined to the point that it'll be stupid not to understand what's going on.

Despite what I see in this thread, I'd like to think that anime viewers are smarter than that..
Jul 12, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2008
suynk said:
DenjaX said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:

You kill without being found out, after a time of inspection, there is a court trial,
and after discussion, if they vote for the right culprit, the culprit is executed. If they vote for a wrong person, everyone EXCEPT the true culprit is killed.

People should at least try to understand the anime before bashing on it or some random character. It's not up to the anime to explain every little thing in detail. But unfortunately, some people just aren't capable of using their brain..
There are other school rules too besides the class trial rules. And they keep adding. I admit, I read them numerous times to completely absorb it into my brain. xDD

Jul 12, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
suynk said:

And dangan ronpa's mysteries aren't that hard, too. Unless they completely rush with the court trials, every little evidence is going to be explained and examined to the point that it'll be stupid not to understand what's going on.

Despite what I see in this thread, I'd like to think that anime viewers are smarter than that..

Or maybe Danganronpa is just way too smart for their plebeian asses.
Jul 2012
willardhwright said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:
GoldenBRS said:
willardhwright said:

More clearly, he woke up in the gym after seeing her dead, because of the shock xD

Yeah, that's what I mean to put when I first saw watched this episode.

Jun 2009
Paul said:
Well, if any MAL bystanders just happen to drop in by and see the discussion on who died. Too bad for them for entering the thread.

ihateeveryone said:
Im about to have a heart attack oh my god oh my goooood.

Also, for everyone who watched the episode, was the death shown at the end of the episode, in the middle, etc..? Just curious.

About 9~10 minutes in.

Here's the pic of who died. Yea, I'm just being nice and putting it in a spoiler even though I don't need to. Don't open it if you haven't watched the episode yet.

Was not expecting that person which sucks.
Jul 12, 2013 8:11 PM
Jan 2013
DenjaX said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:

There are other school rules too besides the class trial rules. And they keep adding. I admit, I read them numerous times to completely absorb it into my brain. xDD

Well, I expect those rules would be explained whenever it becomes relevant, like in the original game. :D
Jul 12, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
suynk said:
DenjaX said:
MY BAD, YOU GUYS. I wasn't really paying attention while watching. I just assumed the wrongly accused person would get to survive because it would be more interesting that way, I guess.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 12, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2008
Araby said:
suynk said:
DenjaX said:
MY BAD, YOU GUYS. I wasn't really paying attention while watching. I just assumed the wrongly accused person would get to survive because it would be more interesting that way, I guess.
Nah, I wasn't only referring to you. It just that misunderstanding is very common in this thread.

And wrongly accused person would get to survive because its interesting? LOL everyone will have to vote their own then. xDD

Jul 12, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2012
Nooo! Cliffhanger! I was liking Junko and then she died. T_T Idol-chanl I expected that to be honest. When they switched rooms, it was pretty evident that she would do something there.

I think I somewhat solved Idol-chan's murder

Overall, a 4/5 like last time. I have to say, the OST is fantastically matching. It adds so much suspense to it, since the art kind of looks humourous at times, like mono-bear. I actually feel somewhat thrilled and scared at times which is nice!
Jul 12, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Jul 12, 2013 8:24 PM

Feb 2012
OMG WTH. WTF. Didnt expect her to die at least at the start of the episode. What an impressive turn od events yet disappointing. I am starting to like her then she just died. So Sad. WHY? WHY?

Jul 12, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2012
Also, gotta add that I really like the ED song and animation.
Jul 12, 2013 8:29 PM
Jun 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
KiraYoshikage said:
Stark700 said:

That idol is still scared? Well damn.

Junko is a fashion girl though alright. "Hehe".
Oh snap, Sayaka Maizono's body spotted. What's up with the weird purple stuff. Whatever. I kinda expected this though after the previous episode.

Oh and I'm digging this OST.

The explanation fo the next week.

Hard spoil:

I read the chapter of manga and now, I will begin the VN

Hey genius, what part of

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Do you not get

Well i played the game instead and gotta say the game is 1000000x better than this, the anime is just so rushed, i mean it shows everything but wow in the game before she even comes knocking on the doors you get i think its around 2 days to walk around and interact with characters, she tells you her life story and so do other characters, you create a bond with them and you care for them more, you also understand more of why stuff is happening and their motives and even little thigns like where did the golden sword come from are explaine, if you wanna know the main dude and her went to look for a weapon so she can protect herself and ended up with a decoration sword.

Also the investigation mode is obviously more fun and takes time since you have to find clues yourself and you actually get to look at them for a long time making up your version of the story in your head before the trial even starts instead of the anime rushing thingsl ike the crystal ball etc and on top of that the trial mode in the game is obviously more fun since you get into mini games such as convos etc in which you have to counter peoples arguments if they say anything wrong with the ammunition you have (clues you found) etc
Jul 12, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2009
pizza_012 said:
OMG WTH. WTF. Didnt expect her to die at least at the start of the episode. What an impressive turn od events yet disappointing. I am starting to like her then she just died. So Sad. WHY? WHY?

I'm sad about Maizono dying too. :/

I guess it's just the anime's way of saying, "Don't get too attached to characters". Well too late. I'm gonna throw hissy fits if Kyouko/Aoi/Chihiro/Celes dies.

At least we know Naegi can't die so it's safe to relate with him. Unless they decide to go all super-edgy and kill off the main character like a certain other anime did.
Strawhat_PirateJul 12, 2013 8:35 PM
Jul 12, 2013 8:33 PM
Jun 2010
pizza_012 said:

Hey mate, you know your signature? well the names of some of the anime are on the wrong picture, Blood lad, free! and the dog one are mixed up
Jul 12, 2013 8:36 PM
Jan 2013
Yeah I'd advise everyone to play the game before watching this, if you like it so far (Even the anime staff advises that you should play the game first)
The animation quality is pretty bad and many things are cut out, but I think it's "good" so far. I just hope it doesn't become worse, but right now I see some potential.

If this one succeeds, though, I reeeeeaaaally wish the next series would be more than 24 episodes. If it succeeds, that is lol.

And for some people who hate Naegi, he's anything but dumb or cowardly. It's only been 2 episodes, so I wish people would stop being so judgemental already. And all the voice actors in this series are famous, experienced actors. You can't really complain about voice acting in this anime.
Jul 12, 2013 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
suynk said:
Yeah I'd advise everyone to play the game before watching this, if you like it so far (Even the anime staff advises that you should play the game first)
The animation quality is pretty bad and many things are cut out, but I think it's "good" so far. I just hope it doesn't become worse, but right now I see some potential.

If this one succeeds, though, I reeeeeaaaally wish the next series would be more than 24 episodes. If it succeeds, that is lol.

And for some people who hate Naegi, he's anything but dumb or cowardly. It's only been 2 episodes, so I wish people would stop being so judgemental already. And all the voice actors in this series are famous, experienced actors. You can't really complain about voice acting in this anime.

I want to advise oppossite until next week, so far it seems like the way they handled the evidence makes the trials much better and less easy to predict. if it gets any worse its easy to just link someone the thread and pick off from where the anime left off

At this rate it may end up being alot more shocking than the game

Suzune-chanJul 12, 2013 9:06 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 8:41 PM
Jul 2013
My thoughts after watching Episode 2:
-The OP has vocals.
-MAIZONO WHY?!?!? (So much for becoming yandere) T_T
-Investigation was rushed but again its understandable.
-Junko's death was really unexpected though it reminded me of a scene in BR when two students were killed by the teacher before the game even started.
-Pink blood?!?!? Does that mean they're not human? XD

Overall. I enjoyed the episode though its a shame to see Maizono die first. She had a lot of potential and it would have been interesting if she ended up being a killer and Naegi would have to make a very tough decision whether to convict her as killer leading to her execution or intentionally convicting the wrong murderer killing himself and everyone else just to let Maizono escape.

Can't wait for the trials! This should be fun! :D
Jul 12, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2012
Gilles_De_Enfer said:

-Junko's death was really unexpected though it reminded me of a scene in BR when two students were killed by the teacher before the game even started.

Sorry for going off topic, but what is the two letters BR stand for?
Jul 12, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2011
Idk. Honestly the way the evidence is portrayed is a little hard to solve what happened. XD I tried looking at things, but the only thing I could try to figure out was the meaning of 11037.

Jul 12, 2013 8:47 PM
Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
suynk said:

I want to advise oppossite until next week, so far it seems like the way they handled the evidence makes the trials much better and less easy to predict. if it gets any worse its easy to just link someone the thread and pick off from where the anime left off

At this rate it may end up being alot more shocking than the game

The thread? I meant play the actual game, not the LP. I'd rather watch the anime than to read that LP lol. I can't quite imagine how the anime would be better than the game, since they left out so much already, though I'm really excited for next week.
Jun 2010
HyperKeeby said:
Idk. Honestly the way the evidence is portrayed is a little hard to solve what happened. XD I tried looking at things, but the only thing I could try to figure out was the meaning of 11037.

if you look closely at the image in the episode you can see a faint line between the 11

Sep 2011
Roofipl said:
there is no need to cry goobyyy ;__;, also i love your amazing use of vocabulary, I hope you don't speak like that to your mother c:

What is your guys' obsession with trying to ruin other people's experiences with something with spoilers. why do it, and when you try to justify yourself at least use expressions that make sense

"I hope you don't speak like that to your mother c:"
What are you even referring to, that phrase is used for when someone says alot of swears, i called you blind cause you missed giant bold text in the very first post of every discussion thread ever

Cant you just let people speculate and enjoy things on their own, no you need to go tell everyone in full detail what happens cause of course we cant let people have a normal viewing experience
JizzyHitlerJul 12, 2013 9:10 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 8:50 PM
Jul 2012
What is the song called when everyone first waked up while they was having a discussion?
Jul 12, 2013 8:50 PM
Jun 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Roofipl said:

Awwww there is no need to cry goobyyy ;__;, also i love your amazing use of vocabulary, I hope you don't speak like that to your mother c:

What is your guys' obsession with trying to ruin other people's experiences with something with spoilers. why do it, and when you try to justify yourself at least use expressions that make sense

What are you even referring to, that phrase is used for when someone says alot of swears, i called you blind cause you missed giant bold text in the very first post of every discussion thread ever

Aww you edited your post 5 mins ago and took out the lovely word "dipshit" that you used with so much skill i was amazed :3 and if you don't want something spoiled just don't click on the button that says "Show spoiler" c:
Jul 12, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2013
Roofipl said:
HyperKeeby said:

if you look closely at the image in the episode you can see a faint line between the 11

It's kinda like the "baby's first" trial case or something like that.
Jun 2010
GoldenBRS said:
What is the song called when everyone first waked up while they was having a discussion?

its called game OST lol, i mean every sound and every song from the anime is literally taken out from the game, youtube it
Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Roofipl said:

Awwww there is no need to cry goobyyy ;__;, also i love your amazing use of vocabulary, I hope you don't speak like that to your mother c:

Yeah, there is absolutely no need to make confirmations for the theories here, or explain what really happened. These people came here to discuss and enjoy the anime, not get spoiled :/
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.