Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
May 9, 2013 8:53 AM

May 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
merhope12 said:
Why Is FairyTail gonna end??????!!!
Why did Fairy Tail end you mean. People say it's because it got too close to the manga and it had low tv ratings.

I don't know about the TV ratings bit....has anyone got proof about the "low ratings"? The low ratings could have been contributed to the major 25-episode filler arc from episode 125 to 150. However, I feel this series is one of the better shounen animes out there.

I know the anime got way too close to the manga and I can see why they stopped there because more plot lines are developed right after episode 175 ends and if they were adapted into the anime, it would have been extremely difficult to end the anime with a lot hanging in the balance and I respect that they ended that way.

I hope it's not because of "low ratings" and that conception of this series having low ratings is just because people don't know really why because they haven't read the manga or something and so they conveniently use the excuse that the series has "low ratings" and that's why it stopped. I hope that this is the case.
May 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2010
JCDRANZER said:
IntroverTurtle said:
merhope12 said:
Why Is FairyTail gonna end??????!!!
Why did Fairy Tail end you mean. People say it's because it got too close to the manga and it had low tv ratings.

I don't know about the TV ratings bit....has anyone got proof about the "low ratings"? The low ratings could have been contributed to the major 25-episode filler arc from episode 125 to 150. However, I feel this series is one of the better shounen animes out there.

I know the anime got way too close to the manga and I can see why they stopped there because more plot lines are developed right after episode 175 ends and if they were adapted into the anime, it would have been extremely difficult to end the anime with a lot hanging in the balance and I respect that they ended that way.

I hope it's not because of "low ratings" and that conception of this series having low ratings is just because people don't know really why because they haven't read the manga or something and so they conveniently use the excuse that the series has "low ratings" and that's why it stopped. I hope that this is the case.
Yes I do have proof, at least one trusted site. I would have another but I can't seem to navigate the site because all the buttons are in Japanese.

And you're not completely right, I checked the ratings that I have and the anime wasn't doing well before the fillers either. The top one is quite easy to navigate, just translate it and check one of the years.

http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/

http://www.videor.co.jp/index.htm

Even in 2011 where Fairy Tail didn't have those fillers it was 1.2 - 2.9 , Toriko was 5.7 - 7.3, and One Piece was 8.3 - 11.0. From what I've gathered, long running anime like battle shounens need ratings. Since they aren't expecting people to buy up the DVDs or whatever because of the amount of episodes.
May 10, 2013 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/37868251/2dca6de47a2d191a52f6f8833c10c05d.png

Omg omg FALL 2013??? He is meaning, anime is beginning in autumn? o:
sigh..
May 10, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2012
Maybe a Movie to finish off Fairy Tail?
May 10, 2013 5:11 PM

May 2012
wishkas said:
http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/37868251/2dca6de47a2d191a52f6f8833c10c05d.png

Omg omg FALL 2013??? He is meaning, anime is beginning in autumn? o:

Down to the left of the page "It's a lie"
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/330/3
May 12, 2013 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
http://natsuxlucy12354.deviantart.com/art/Why-Fairy-Tail-Ended-maybe-Solution-1-362588462

I think this is one of the main reasons

MultiProManMay 12, 2013 3:48 AM
May 12, 2013 4:03 AM

May 2013
^Yeah, I think that is one of the main problems.

It was a surprise for me though. I got bored of Fairy Tail after the Edolas arc, but I didn't picture it ending like this. I have yet to see the last thirty episodes or so; if it carries on when the manga gets ahead that would be nice.

If you want a series with hundreds of episodes, you have to do it right to keep viewers interested - and I think Fairy Tail missed that target.
'From my speeding car, I catch a glimpse through the trees of what looks like the ocean. Hope... a premonition. Every month, as I write, I am visited by such moments. The scene that follows is sometimes an ocean brighter than anything I could have imagined, sometimes a barren seashore littered with rocks, sometimes a place I once visited, sometimes a road that ends up going nowhere.

I would like to end up at a heartbreakingly beautiful sea.'

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
May 12, 2013 4:38 AM

Apr 2011
MultiProMan said:
http://natsuxlucy12354.deviantart.com/art/Why-Fairy-Tail-Ended-maybe-Solution-1-362588462

That was from two years ago. And even if Aya Hirano got banned, she still retains the roles she already had, a.k.a. she still doesn't lose Lucy's role. Why are FT fans so stubborn? Just admit it already, FT was a flop in Japan and that (plus catching up to the manga) is what got it cancelled. Not some stupid scandal from 2 years ago.
May 12, 2013 5:09 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
MultiProMan said:

That was from two years ago. And even if Aya Hirano got banned, she still retains the roles she already had, a.k.a. she still doesn't lose Lucy's role. Why are FT fans so stubborn? Just admit it already, FT was a flop in Japan and that (plus catching up to the manga) is what got it cancelled. Not some stupid scandal from 2 years ago.

I agree, it did flop, yes, but you can't disregard what MultiProMan is trying to say. Having any sort of bad press that is related to it with ratings like Fairy Tail's would just make it even worse.

Also, that filler arc after the timeskip didn't help either. I haven't read much of the manga, but I'm pretty sure it introduced a few plot holes (Can anyone confirm this?) on top of being really uninteresting to me? I can assume they put this arc in so they /wouldn't/ catch up with the manga, but they did anyway...
'From my speeding car, I catch a glimpse through the trees of what looks like the ocean. Hope... a premonition. Every month, as I write, I am visited by such moments. The scene that follows is sometimes an ocean brighter than anything I could have imagined, sometimes a barren seashore littered with rocks, sometimes a place I once visited, sometimes a road that ends up going nowhere.

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
May 12, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2011
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
MultiProMan said:

I agree, it did flop, yes, but you can't disregard what MultiProMan is trying to say. Having any sort of bad press that is related to it with ratings like Fairy Tail's would just make it even worse.

Also, that filler arc after the timeskip didn't help either. I haven't read much of the manga, but I'm pretty sure it introduced a few plot holes (Can anyone confirm this?) on top of being really uninteresting to me? I can assume they put this arc in so they /wouldn't/ catch up with the manga, but they did anyway...

But why would it affect FT after 2 whole years? Besides, FT is a PG show, ain't it? It's main audience, therefore, would be kids who wouldn't care about these types of scandals.
May 12, 2013 5:27 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
MultiProMan said:

But why would it affect FT after 2 whole years? Besides, FT is a PG show, ain't it? It's main audience, therefore, would be kids who wouldn't care about these types of scandals.

It wouldn't affect it straight away - it would just add something to its name, then lower ratings and other problems begin to build up. So it's basically a contributing factor. And just because it's PG show, it doesn't mean teens or older can't watch it - it just has no content that would give it a higher rating. For example, Ghibi films are given Us and PGs, but I'm pretty sure teens and adults watch them, too.

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
May 12, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2011
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
MultiProMan said:

It wouldn't affect it straight away - it would just add something to its name, then lower ratings and other problems begin to build up. So it's basically a contributing factor. And just because it's PG show, it doesn't mean teens or older can't watch it - it just has no content that would give it a higher rating. For example, Ghibi films are given Us and PGs, but I'm pretty sure teens and adults watch them, too.

Umm....... Isn't that what a "main" audience means? Teens and adults are the "lesser" audience for FT and they would be the ones who would care about scandals, mostly adults. So even then, the ratings it loses is still not very big.
May 12, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2011
The impact of something like that would actually be more likely to hit hard immediately and then fade away as people stop caring/new fans come along who never cared in the first place.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 12, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
RodaRora said:
yhunata said:
MultiProMan said:

Umm....... Isn't that what a "main" audience means? Teens and adults are the "lesser" audience for FT and they would be the ones who would care about scandals, mostly adults. So even then, the ratings it loses is still not very big.

Isn't it the older fans that write reviews and generally give criticism to the anime? Children don't usually become more involved in a show beyond watching it when it comes on TV, or at least the ones I know do not.

@Kuuderes_shadow: You have a point, yes, but something like this could easily be brought up again if someone wanted it to be.

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
May 12, 2013 5:52 AM

Apr 2011
RodaRora said:
Isn't it the older fans that write reviews and generally give criticism to the anime? Children don't usually become more involved in a show beyond watching it when it comes on TV, or at least the ones I know do not.

@Kuuderes_shadow: You have a point, yes, but something like this could easily be brought up again if someone wanted it to be.

Reviews =/= Ratings.
May 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Feb 2011
SupaNiper said:
Venneria said:
Now then, lets watch all in one go!

Good Luck

Thanks! i am on it!
May 12, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
This basically, it's been years since that scandal. And she has been in a good amount of anime after that, though of course most if not all are from previous roles that got a continuation or whatever.

yhunata said:
RodaRora said:

Reviews =/= Ratings.
Exactly, ratings are just how many people watch it on tv.

RodaRora said:
I checked the ratings and have them posted further up the page. The tv ratings weren't really any different before the fillers. And I don't know about plot holes, but there definitely was not enough to warrant ending it. They didn't do a Soul Eather or a Fullmetal Alchemist.

You had it right at the beginning.
RodaRora said:
If you want a series with hundreds of episodes, you have to do it right to keep viewers interested - and I think Fairy Tail missed that target.
Fairy Tail was just not that popular with people in Japan. Combine that with the fact that they were going to catch up to the manga quite fast. They could of course do like a year of filler, but fillers are never popular, especially for a low rated show(they'll just lower the ratings even more). So a hiatus is the next thing. Fairy Tail Best are reruns showing the best episodes and it will probably be highly advertised to try and get new viewers. Depending on the ratings of that, they might make another series.
May 12, 2013 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
I'm so happy for this news.
Please stop existing.
May 12, 2013 1:48 PM
Mar 2013
RodaRora said:

No need to read into it too much, Fairy Tail just didn't entice the public in Japan, that doesn't mean it was a bad show, it means they didn't like it in one country. Sadly, that's enough to decide it's future. We just have to hope for the best. And if we don't get more FT, we will just have to make do with rewatching those 175 episodes.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
May 13, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2013
i want fairy tail back!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013 2:03 AM

Feb 2013
My little sister follows the manga, and they have been releasing non-stop since ep 175 had finished. So about half-to-a year before a definite possibility of Fairy Tail airing again :(
May 14, 2013 2:04 AM
Jul 2012
This is sooooo Bad... :/
May 14, 2013 5:03 AM
Apr 2013
fairy tail was getting kinda booring day by day ..........i am sure people will feel the same way as me ....and i guarentee it thats most of the people was waiting for zellal to come .....
May 14, 2013 6:41 PM
May 2013
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

May 15, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2013
Ronal2dduff said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

its low ratings, nothing else...... i have now moved on from feeling sad about fairy tail ending and have watched many animes which have aired during 30th march 2012 and 30th march 2013(when FT ended)....and i have to admit, there are much better shows out there.....they are not shonen, but they are 10 times better than FT.So in order to put in these anime shows, they had to remove Fairy Tail.
Yes, i still miss FT....but i have started reading the manga, and its quite good.
May 15, 2013 9:44 AM
May 2011
trublemaker said:
Ronal2dduff said:

its low ratings, nothing else...... i have now moved on from feeling sad about fairy tail ending and have watched many animes which have aired during 30th march 2012 and 30th march 2013(when FT ended)....and i have to admit, there are much better shows out there.....they are not shonen, but they are 10 times better than FT.So in order to put in these anime shows, they had to remove Fairy Tail.
Yes, i still miss FT....but i have started reading the manga, and its quite good.

I believe it was because it was too far caught up to the manga?
May 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
Kiniest said:
trublemaker said:
Ronal2dduff said:

I believe it was because it was too far caught up to the manga?

That plus low ratings. FT was having ratings around 1-1.5 which is not acceptable for something that runs mainly on ratings.
May 15, 2013 9:48 AM
May 2011
yhunata said:
That plus low ratings. FT was having ratings around 1-1.5 which is not acceptable for something that runs mainly on ratings.

Huh. Well, what's popular in the US isn't always what's popular in Japan.
May 15, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2010
Kiniest said:
yhunata said:

But Fairy Tail isn't popular in the US.
May 15, 2013 10:35 AM

May 2013
synusinverse said:
fairy tail was getting kinda booring day by day ..........i am sure people will feel the same way as me ....and i guarentee it thats most of the people was waiting for zellal to come .....
the last few 10~ episodes were boring, all fights seemed rushed in.
May 15, 2013 4:07 PM
May 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
yhunata said:

Oh, yes, Fairy Tail is certainly unheard of. The instant you walk into a random anime chat, everyone will be talking about Shinsekai Yori and Nana, not Fairy Tail. No, certainly not Fairy Tail. Except every anime place I know has constant talk about it.
May 15, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2010
Kiniest said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
yhunata said:

Oh, yes, Fairy Tail is certainly unheard of. The instant you walk into a random anime chat, everyone will be talking about Shinsekai Yori and Nana, not Fairy Tail. No, certainly not Fairy Tail. Except every anime place I know has constant talk about it.
What the hell does that mean? The only thing that made sense was the last sentence. So you think Fairy Tail is more popular in the US because some chat sites talk about it?
May 15, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
yhunata said:

What the hell does that mean? The only thing that made sense was the last sentence. So you think Fairy Tail is more popular in the US because some chat sites talk about it?

it was just horribly phrased sarcasm lol. on topic though is the problem that the ratings in japan were too low or was it a problem with the anime catching up to the manga really fast? fairy tail best couldn't have been what the author meant saying the fairy tail anime wasn't going to end yet right... i mean that would be kind of misleading. >.>

May 15, 2013 6:28 PM

Nov 2010
Angel_Beats said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kiniest said:
yhunata said:

it was just horribly phrased sarcasm lol. on topic though is the problem that the ratings in japan were too low or was it a problem with the anime catching up to the manga really fast? fairy tail best couldn't have been what the author meant saying the fairy tail anime wasn't going to end yet right... i mean that would be kind of misleading. >.>
It looks like it was a combination of low ratings and catching up to the manga. Well we don't know if it's the reruns he was talking about(though I think he said it wasn't), but there's also the Rave x Fairy Tail OVA. The reruns will probably be there for the purpose of getting new viewers interested, possibly meaning the low ratings were indeed a problem. Because if it was just the catching up to the manga then they could have just went on a break.
May 18, 2013 9:31 PM

Jan 2012
I believe there will be a next season, since the last 3 minutes at the end of the last episode said "To be continued!" and Natsu says "Let's meet again!"
nani kore
May 18, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2010
kawaii-princess said:
I believe there will be a next season, since the last 3 minutes at the end of the last episode said "To be continued!" and Natsu says "Let's meet again!"
That message was in the manga too so it wasn't made for the anime. And it's common for an anime to say something like that in the end and not come back.
May 31, 2013 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
hero's come back..................and so will FT.lol. jk.

currently rewatching 'naruto shippuden', and i must say.......its probably the best shonen out there till date...
btw, heard FT gonna continue next year.
if FT can't reach the same level as naruto shippuden and one piece its gonna screw up even more.
May 31, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2010
trublemaker said:

currently rewatching 'naruto shippuden', and i must say.......its probably the best shonen out there till date...
if FT can't reach the same level as naruto shippuden and one piece its gonna screw up even more.
There's reruns that are going to air, but there's no news that the anime is going to start up again.
May 31, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
trublemaker said:

There's reruns that are going to air, but there's no news that the anime is going to start up again.

Which is obvious considering manga is STILL In the same arc that Anime left off in ;]

I do not expect there to be ANY news at least till midway next arc.
May 31, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2010
It'll probably come back. I'd much rather show end like this then come back than be cluttered with filler.

American cartoons get it right by having season breaks, something that Japan has never had the common sense to do.
Jun 4, 2013 5:23 PM
Dec 2012
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.

How's that possible low tv ratings no way the anime is amazing my favorite of all time
Jun 4, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2010
theaznkid360 said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.

How's that possible low tv ratings no way the anime is amazing my favorite of all time
It's possible because Japan doesn't like the show, it's that simple.
Jun 6, 2013 9:15 PM
Dec 2012
Damn,i still thinking about this...
Isn't FT more better than OP? (well,sorry no offense,this is just my opinion since i like FT more than OP)
arggh...
The last episode just make me more curious (although i already read the manga)! -_-
Jun 6, 2013 9:19 PM

Nov 2010
Kazuyagami said:
Isn't FT more better than OP? (well,sorry no offense,this is just my opinion since i like FT more than OP)
arggh...
The last episode just make me more curious (although i already read the manga)! -_-
I don't see what FT or OP being better than each other has to do with this topic.
Jun 7, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
Kazuyagami said:
arggh...

Well its all a matter of personal taste, but in Japan OP has much better sales and TV ratings than FT did thats why its still on air and why FT had to end cause A-1 couldn't afford another 12 + episode filler arc with the 1.0% ratings it was getting.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 7, 2013 9:52 AM
Jun 2013
Well there is still no confirmation on canceling the anime. Cause the producer of fairy tail said that fairy tail fans should wait for a good news on twitter. They have given it a break because they were too close to manga. When the manga will proceed then the anime shall continue again.
I think that they should be doing it around 7 July 2013. As shown in last episode.
Jun 7, 2013 10:05 AM
Jun 2013
And Also on twiiter 4 hrs ago on 7th june time: 6 pm hiro mashima (who produced fairy tail) said that wait until next week u will be surprised
Jun 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
Fanu21 said:
And Also on twiiter 4 hrs ago on 7th june time: 6 pm hiro mashima (who produced fairy tail) said that wait until next week u will be surprised

Indeed. One week to go. Still anxious on when the good news will be about...
Jun 7, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2011
my body is ready for a Fairy Tail Shippuden
Jun 8, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
They should just air the sequel in America (ofc Japanese dub). Ratings would be insane and support would be off the charts lol.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' Reveals Additional Staff, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - 46 minutes ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
4 minutes ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Jun 24

29 by Vacerino »»
9 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ranma ½' Gets New Anime Adaptation ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Akuya »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

7 by TurnipFan »»
43 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta' Receives TV Anime in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by desusama »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.