Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
Dat fucking sequence before transformation.
All budget went there.
Jun 15, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 2010
I don't like how much credit they are giving Armin to developing the plans for the Battle of Trost.
Feb 2012
Despite Pixis' grand speech and the last few moments of the episode, it felt so slooooow overall.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Jan 2013
Ugh, Japanese subculture's depiction of military is always lame...
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 15, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2008
Whats with the poor animations and stills for the non battling moments in the last few episodes?

Apart from that .... what a fucking ending?!?!
Jun 15, 2013 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
antonn said:
One thing is for certain. Eren is one manly drinker.

bakapuntJun 15, 2013 5:34 PM
Jun 15, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2012
N-sama said:
N-sama said:
Im still waiting for the shingeki no kyojin hentai where eren fuck mikasa in his titan form. shit's gonna get serious.

Titans have no dick. Your dream is ruined.

shitt. forgot about that...

Chances of an abnormal with a penis?
Jun 15, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
mistress_kisara said:
Edefrem said:
Why do the SnK threads keep getting more and more irritating?

Because there are a lot of children in this thread..

bakapunt said:
N-sama said:
N-sama said:
Im still waiting for the shingeki no kyojin hentai where eren fuck mikasa in his titan form. shit's gonna get serious.

Serious question is serious. And nope.
Jun 15, 2013 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
bakapunt said:
N-sama said:
N-sama said:

eunuch of ancient china satisfied their sexual desire without dicks.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 15, 2013 5:39 PM
Oct 2008
i didn't mind the last 2 eps feeling slow cause it was well paced with the manga. But when i heard of ep 14 being the recap i knew it meant this ep has to end at where eren turned on Mikasa. I didn't think there was enough manga material to that point to cover a whole 20 min and seems like I was right. Most of the ep was rather dull and dragged beyond what manga had. Oh well, at least the animators gets a break and the ending animation was superb, can't wait for the next 2 eps though!!

Also I wonder if it's a mistranslation in the manga but in the anime Pixis simply said he wants to win against the titan. I thought him saying human will take it's first victory against the titan in the manga had much more impact.
Jun 15, 2013 5:43 PM
Feb 2013
bakapunt said:
antonn said:

Dat face, just priceless.
Jun 15, 2013 5:43 PM

Mar 2010
Fasces349 said:
I don't like how much credit they are giving Armin to developing the plans for the Battle of Trost.

That's because it his plan, nobody else was crazy enough to go a long with it.Commander Pixis only approved it.
Iron_MawJun 15, 2013 6:09 PM
Jun 15, 2013 5:45 PM

Apr 2008
Fasces349 said:

And why is that aside from the fact that you just don't like him?
Jun 15, 2013 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
lateraldeath said:

Also I wonder if it's a mistranslation in the manga but in the anime Pixis simply said he wants to win against the titan. I thought him saying human will take it's first victory against the titan in the manga had much more impact.
It's just different translation. And I wouldn't call it a mistranslation either, because they both pretty much mean the same thing.
Jun 15, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
but I kinda like the TNJ in this episode,
has a good impact on armin's character development,
at least he got a little bit confident in him....
Jun 15, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Jun 15, 2013 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
DawnJ said:
Ugh, Japanese subculture's depiction of military is always lame...

Fictional military in a fictional world*

Fixed
Jun 15, 2013 6:12 PM

Apr 2010
OMFG, that ending, fuckin' cliffhangers D:

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jun 15, 2013 6:14 PM
Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Fasces349 said:

And why is that aside from the fact that you just don't like him?

Correct me if I am wrong but I remember the manga it was Pixis not Armin who had the idea to use most of the force as a decoy to draw the Titans away from Eran.
Jun 15, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2011
Pixis speech was epic!!!

Eren is humanity's last hope

Eren hasn't fully control his Titan powers OMG!!! Mikasa!!!
Jun 15, 2013 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode but, I'm kind of annoyed how it ended, I would of liked something to go right at least, now the next episode is gonna be 2 - 3 minutes of rampage and 20 minutes of eren crying and everyone hating him.
Jun 15, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
my thoughts in the last few minutes of this episode:
DAYYUMM DAT HOT BODY EREN AGAIN WOOHOO YOU GO EREN PICK UP DAT ROCK AND ― NO EREN WTF ARE YOU DOIN ATTACKIN MIKASA BBY??
Jun 15, 2013 6:32 PM

Nov 2009
ReasonDesu said:
pming said:
JustALEX said:
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Lol....still better than Bakemonogatri's PowerPoint presentation.

Although, as long as the story is interesting and that art remains good, I really don't care.

SHAFT have their unique way of animating. I really enjoy how they work, even if they look like powerpoint presentation.

I don't care about still pictures. I have seen some anime with pretty sloppy action scenes. Shingeki beats most of the action anime out there in the actions scenes anyways. And even for stills, they are nicely drawn, so I really don't care just like you said. :)

There were a few blips here and there which caught my attention though, like in 00:12:25 (Eren giving Armin some words of confidence) of the previous episode, Eren's lips didn't move for a whole sentence. That was pretty much as fail as one of the episodes of Psyco-Pass.

Agreed.

The action sequences have been animated very nicely and as long as they allocate their budget to what matters most, I don't mind the stills at all.

Hell, I didn't even notice them (that much) until everyone on here began complaining about them.

Seems to me, people are always going to complain about something.

They're running out of things to complain about. Can't complain about Eren being a Gary Stu cause the other characters get so much screen time. Can't complain about Eren being OP, because he's not OP - just look at what he did at the end of episode 11.

Can't complain about it being brainless action series, cause also lots of talking, lots of character development.

And complaining about (detailed gorgeous-looking) stills again and again is ridiculous when the show spends more time showcasing awesome 3DMG and MMA scenes.

You seem to know me better than myself, if you think I will ever run out of stuff to complain about you have another thing coming though, the budget for this show went down the drain in the first episode by the looks of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a SHAFT-esque PowerPoint presentation next.

But hey, both Shaft and I.G are still one of the best animation studio.
Jun 15, 2013 6:36 PM
May 2013
Even if he had total control over the Titan, I don't think he would be able to lift a rock bigger than him. Have you ever tried to lift a rock of your size? Even half of your size would be extremely difficult, almost impossible, only if you are one of the world's strongest man. So, did they really think he could lift one bigger than him?
Jun 15, 2013 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
BAM! Plot twist! >.>
Jun 15, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Rofl, detailed and gorgeous looking stills? They are just normal stills with filters. Someone has no shop/photo app experience.

Sunflex2012 said:
Even if he had total control over the Titan, I don't think he would be able to lift a rock bigger than him. Have you ever tried to lift a rock of your size? Even half of your size would be extremely difficult, almost impossible, only if you are one of the world's strongest man. So, did they really think he could lift one bigger than him?

Don't expect any physics in SnK. Definitely the author has no idea what mass is.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 15, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2012
Still with the one piece tier pacing I see.....
Jun 15, 2013 6:42 PM
May 2013
DawnJ said:
Rofl, detailed and gorgeous looking stills? They are just normal stills with filters. Someone has no shop/photo app experience.

Sunflex2012 said:

Don't expect any physics in SnK. Definitely the author has no idea what mass is.

Neither common sense, :)
Jun 15, 2013 6:44 PM
May 2013
EREN WHAT THE FUCK! >:(
Jun 15, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
bakapunt said:
antonn said:

Loved that face.

Why are you so cool Pixis?

Eren bishounen strikes again.
Jun 15, 2013 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
What the hell? Has the pace slowed down to 1 chapter per episode or something?

Something about Nico, I really like her design now that she is put out in the Anime. In fact, I think her design is the best out of all the girls in the series. Hmm... Except maybe for Annie, but Nico's is definitely in the top

But holy shit, where can I apply to volunteer to work with Production I.G.? Cuz this episode was what? 70% "stills" or something? There were way too many unnecessary stills that aren't even used creatively, like the one on top of the wall, that SHOULD NOT have been a still, should have been a view of the world in different angles.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 15, 2013 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
Getting ready for one of most epic speeches from one of our characters next week.
Let's face it people. SnK is going to have stills in every episode so all these complaints about them are getting repetitive.
Jun 15, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:

What do you mean "Has slowed down"? It was always 1-1.5 chapter per an episode.

Refer to http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589515
Jun 15, 2013 6:50 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:

Something about Nico, I really like her design now that she is put out in the Anime. In fact, I think her design is the best out of all the girls in the series. Hmm... Except maybe for Annie, but Nico's is definitely in the top

Nico?

Jun 15, 2013 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
bakapunt said:
N-sama said:
N-sama said:

Uh... No, that won't work, because the Titan is FAR too big, though they might use that as an excuse for him to get a humongous d_ck, as well as super rejuvenation abilities, so they can keep going at it for days.
Jun 15, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Commander Pixis speech was so good. It persuaded the weak and soldiers who had given up hope to continue fighting. I like how everyone thinks Eren is just a brat and Mikasa glares at them and sighs since she knows what Eren has done in the past and how he's more than just a brat. That flying scene was fucking amazing, so fast paced; loved it! Eren turned to a Titan and then he attacks Mikasa and the episode ends... WHAT! God damn, these cliffhangers. xD And as always the OST was amazing.
5/5
Jun 15, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Nico?

Oh... Her name was Rico I guess, whatever.
Sunflex2012 said:
DawnJ said:

Sunflex2012 said:

Neither common sense, :)

Actually, that is addressed later on.

Imagine them as ants... Ants can lift things many times the size of their bodies.
Jun 15, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
Amarrez said:
Nico?

NO. NEIN. NON.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 15, 2013 6:56 PM

Jun 2011
Eren's roar was so damn good in episode 7 but then they changed it ever since episode 8 and it has been pretty crap. I was hoping they would go back to episodes 7 roar but they stuck with the sucky episode 8+ one.

I honestly have no idea why they changed it but it is so lacking =/
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 15, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Slicer22 said:
Eren's roar was so damn good in episode 7 but then they changed it ever since episode 8 and it has been pretty crap. I was hoping they would go back to episodes 7 roar but they stuck with the sucky episode 8+ one.

I also noticed the change in the roar didn't like it either!
Jun 15, 2013 7:05 PM
Apr 2013
Slicer22 said:

agreed.. i hate the new one too.. :(
Jun 15, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2013
Pixis is so great, he deserves to be a commander tho, hell yeah. And that still - when Eren spits the drink Pixis gave him - lmaoo. And also when Eren is telling the-yellow-haired-guy (I forget his name) to focus on the mission-- his face is so amgamg. Haha.
Standing applause for Yuki Kaji. He sounds cooler as the story goes. I wonder does he voice Eren's titan form as well?

Eren becomes a meanie towards Mikasa haha. Assuming that Mikasa is like his babysitter, yet Mikasa is still there saying "Eren I'm coming with you!" to which Eren replies, "I'm not your BROTHER nor your child!" ahahahh. Mikasa y u dont say "No you are not my brother nor my child but you are the man I love" that would've been epic XD lol also when Mikasa asks him "Are you alright?" Eren is like, "idgaf" haha. Why does he attack Mikasa tho :-/.................1 F***ING WEEK TO WAIT NO. SKIP TOMORROW TO THE NEXT SUNDAY
The OST! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE IT ON MY PC.

And do you guys think SnK would be more awesome and interesting to watch if there was 3D/4D version of the anime? We'd flyyyyyyyyy like a G6 when characters are using 3DGs -or whatever its name is lol-

THAT CLIFFHANGERS. SnK always leaves us with curiosity about those awesome cliffhangers.
The speeches are worth to hear.
Jun 15, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2008
Wow what happened to Eren, lost control so fast , oh well there is still chance to recover , GO ARMIN stab that titan

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 15, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Imagine them as ants... Ants can lift things many times the size of their bodies.

Someone skipped his science class here.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 15, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
Why couldn't thing just work out the way we wanted :/ but who knows he might actually seal it.
Jun 15, 2013 7:17 PM
Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
GodlyKyon said:

Someone skipped his science class here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gIx7LXcQM&list=FLvdoYFI188d25ZZq8uReTWA&index=10
Jun 15, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2013
Slicer22 said:

The VA is getting drained lmao
Jun 15, 2013 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:
GodlyKyon said:

What do you mean "Has slowed down"? It was always 1-1.5 chapter per an episode.

Refer to http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589515

This. The reason the pace feel slower is because the chapter they adapted in particular are slow too. Considered that the manga only have 46 chapter it kind of inevitable. It has the same case with Railgun S which also from monthly manga as well.

This ep is good but the still kind of distracting sometimes, just little nitpick. At least they bumped the animation at end lol.

Pixis is really awesome. He look like a troll when Eren drink the alcohol haha.
Rico looking good somehow wow. Funny she has different style of running when compared to others.

Damn the same cliffhanger just like in the manga. Can't wait for next ep.
Jun 15, 2013 7:20 PM

Mar 2010
Interesting talk,...but...........I have to admit I was a lil'bit bored.. xP
but holy cow ,. I know this will happen..................... ERENNNNNNNNNN!!!! DX
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2009
oh look a female titan?

Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.