Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2010
Very good.

Prefer Kyou though. But this episode was better done than the Kyou chapter.
Aug 21, 2010 12:11 PM
Feb 2009
O really liked this type of setting than the rest :P
Aug 21, 2010 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
Wowww, Loved this episode alot~~~
Aug 23, 2010 11:17 PM

Aug 2010
This is my favorite Episode! Tomoyo!
Aug 24, 2010 12:04 AM

Aug 2010
I loved the episode and never really thought about about tomoya/tomoyo thing. I would still prefer him with Kotomi which sadly I will never see but hey what can you do.
Sep 5, 2010 2:24 AM
Jul 2010
This ending was so much better than the original Clannad ending. Too bad it's so short. (Yeah, I'm one of the "Tomoya + Tomoyo fans" mentioned in the OP.) Yes, the best episode indeed.

It was also a big plus that Tomoyo didn't have to wear her glasses most of the time.

It saddens me though that Tomoya never said he loved Tomoyo (I think he lied when he said he didn't, at the time of their break-up, he obviously only wanted to brake up with her in order to not be a hindrance to her realizing her dreams). But I guess he would've been presented with a lot of opportunities later on, after getting back together again...
JvW4Sep 5, 2010 2:29 AM
Sep 8, 2010 9:29 AM

Feb 2009
Tomoyo has always been a pretty good character and interesting girl in the series. This alternate universe provides a very sweet and emotional story with her, a pretty good watch. Although I couldn't take it as seriously as the series. No matter how good it was it doesn't fit knowing what you already know (even if it's an alternate universe, it feels strange).
VeethornSep 8, 2010 9:38 AM
Sep 11, 2010 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
I was seriously gonna burst out in tears when Tomoyo started crying at the end.

and I wanted then to kiss too ; - ;.

Tomoyo~~ <3

Tomoya x Tomoyo fan :]
ChattyIntrovertSep 11, 2010 8:24 PM
Sep 13, 2010 6:07 AM
Jul 2010
Veethorn said:
Tomoyo has always been a pretty good character and interesting girl in the series. This alternate universe provides a very sweet and emotional story with her, a pretty good watch. Although I couldn't take it as seriously as the series. No matter how good it was it doesn't fit knowing what you already know (even if it's an alternate universe, it feels strange).

I haven't played the visual novel, but since the "official" Clannad anime is based on the visual novel, don't you usually get to choose your own ending in those (not to mention, your own storyline, to some extent)? As such, I don't think there is anything to "already know", in fact the "official" Clannad anime could be said to be an alternate universe as well (just much longer, in terms of episodes, which gives it a much deeper emotional impact, of course which I agree with). I could be wrong though, maybe the visual novel does come with an intended ending.
Oct 7, 2010 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, good pacing, great direction, and awesome character development.

For only 20 mins long, it felt like it could've been a movie...

5/5. a Masterpiece in just one ep..
Oct 28, 2010 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
I loved it and I enjoyed watching it.
Nov 23, 2010 2:25 AM

Aug 2010
I was not sure what to expect, given how much I like the NagisaxTomoya ship, but I have to admit, this was nicely done. Apart from using that so Engrish music as on the true route and inserting the opening unaltered (it just felt wrong) I enjoyed the episode pretty much. A touching depiction of breaking up. I didn't really like how they played out the ending (mostly because of After Story, but that's my problem) other than that it was great. 4.5/5
Nov 23, 2010 8:02 AM

Jul 2010
It was way to short :(
Why didn't it have 5 episodes *SAD*
QKunaiNov 23, 2010 8:39 AM
Dec 5, 2010 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
it was better than the real story ~
lots of music -
Dec 5, 2010 8:27 PM

Nov 2010
Let's replace Nagisa with Tomoyo, shall we?
Dec 20, 2010 7:56 AM

May 2010
Such sweet and happy moments there. Totally liked this.

Tomoyo FTW
Jan 9, 2011 8:18 PM

Dec 2008
Fucking busy bodies!! It shouldn't matter who Tomoyo is involved with as long as she gets the job done well. Okazaki is a great person, and he definitely seems like he would make a wonderful boyfriend.
Jan 21, 2011 4:14 PM

Aug 2010
So
Many
Tears!

My eyes are all dried up @_@

This episode was so beautiful and touching. Cant help but let the flood gates open.
Jan 29, 2011 2:10 AM

Oct 2008
Nnaww, very nicely done. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 30, 2011 1:59 PM

Jul 2010
U can say anything for me, but this Special for me- is best episode in whole Clannad! Tomoyo was always my favo and I somehow feel like there were really not enough eps to represent her and her story... Like Fuko (I like Her but oh well...) got around 9 eps as I remember.. many of them were repeating the same starfish statues being given out at school which became boring for me... >_< However Tomoyo's story was told in 5mins... thats so unfair! Back to special! The winter scene was sooooo sweet! Tomoyo in the snow.. O: SUCH A BEAUTY! Tomoyo x Tomoya ftw for me!

9/10 for this Special!!!! Today I finished Clannad and watched this Special, which made my day better than Clannad series...

Gyabo!~
Jun 3, 2011 12:31 PM

Mar 2011
A nice little side story.

Love and hardship, it's the Clannad way!
Jul 1, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
I liked it, ending was very nice!
Jul 5, 2011 4:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent. Enjoyed this much more than the average Clannad episode. I always felt that Nagisa was a very child-like (in a good way) and that somehow she was always depending on Okazaki. With Tomoyo, it feels like a more adult relationship, a relationship in which Okazaki is challenged more. And there's no of this annoying "mmh, I'm embarrassed to hold hands" crap. You like someone and they like you back, then express it period.

Would have loved to see a longer version of this, in which the rest of the girls participated.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 18, 2011 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Really liked this arc in the game. Episode felt rushed, but of course that'll happen when you cramp such an amazing arc into one episode.. Would have made for an excellent movie-ova.

Still as touching as it was in the visual novel tho, 5/5!
Aug 13, 2011 4:39 AM

Jun 2011
This was better than NagisaxTomoya. I simply cannot stand Nagisa's "OMG I blush at every damn thing Tomoya does!" habit.
Aug 21, 2011 7:20 PM

Dec 2009
Well, I liked this one more than Kyou's chapter, but I prefer Tomoya x Nagisa.
Aug 29, 2011 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
After reading some of the comments here, i think that maybe i had higher expectations for this episode because Tomoyo is my favorite Clannad character.

The story is good, rushed like SwanSoup just said, but anyway it's not something exceptional. I liked it after all, maybe if it was just a little longer so the arc could be developed better...
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Sep 19, 2011 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
Very beautiful episode. Tomoyo is really my favourite character in Clannad and her story deserves more episodes...
Sep 28, 2011 7:53 AM

Jun 2010
Just amazing and lovely arc. Love it more than all Clannad first season.
Nov 17, 2011 10:20 AM

Apr 2009
misaseh098 said:
oh my God!!!~, i think i like this couple better, what a good spin around for clannad, i give it 100/10!!!..... man made me cry when they both cry, im such a wussy

--i also hope after story is good

My thoughts exactly! This single episode was really powerful! Was sceptical about this couple at first, but it was delivered just too perfectly to be dismissed. Absolutely enjoyed it.=]
Nov 19, 2011 11:44 AM

Oct 2011
I watched this episode right after finishing first season of Clannad. To be 100% honest, I liked this relationship much more than he's having with Nagisa. It's nice to see a pair of two people with adult standings (I mean Nagisa is kinda childish for me, I can't tell the exact reason, but you could perhaps understand why.).
Nov 30, 2011 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
Favorite Clannad pairing. So a well deserved 9 from me.
Jan 3, 2012 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Saraph said:
I watched this episode right after finishing first season of Clannad. To be 100% honest, I liked this relationship much more than he's having with Nagisa. It's nice to see a pair of two people with adult standings (I mean Nagisa is kinda childish for me, I can't tell the exact reason, but you could perhaps understand why.).

same opinion !

anyway this episode is the best ! ^^
Feb 5, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2009
The story itself t was a pretty bland one but it was told in the best possible way I can think of within this time limit. Everything about it was so believable, it was perfectly paced and looked great. If only it was a bit longer so the conflict and pressure Tomoya felt could have been made a bit more fleshed out.
Feb 20, 2012 5:52 PM
Jan 2012
Cilia said:
Saraph said:

same opinion !

Absolutely agree, this was a much better pairing, to bad it was just "in another world" and we don't get to see any more of it.

Cheers!
BronzeAge
Mar 29, 2012 9:41 PM

May 2011
It's been a while since I've watched anything from Clannad, this was great!

My heart-strings were being bullied in this OVA. I never really thought too hard about Tomoyo in the past but now she's definitely one of my favourite Clannad girls.

Tomoya... I really felt for him this episode. The whole bringing her down thing... man, I'm glad he pulled through somehow. I wanted to punch that freaking megane in the face so bad, he pissed me off so much.

The break up and make up scenes were really powerful. Happy endings are the best after all. ^^

9/10

I would've definitely given it a 10 if it were longer!
Mar 31, 2012 9:33 PM
Jul 2011
Its just hurt me more when I think abt their after story in Tomoyo After :(
Apr 13, 2012 11:58 PM
Apr 2012
I know. He deliberately interrupted them.
Apr 22, 2012 7:53 PM

Oct 2009
BronzeAge said:
Cilia said:
Saraph said:

same opinion !

Absolutely agree, this was a much better pairing, to bad it was just "in another world" and we don't get to see any more of it.

Cheers!

Totally agree with all of you, they make a much much better couple, I didn't care much for the Nagisa relationship. I really wish this were the real relationship, and the one with Nagisa were the alternate world. ^_^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 9, 2012 7:58 PM

Mar 2012
I could actually feel that episode >.> I honestly couldn't really feel the Nagisa arc at all but I loved the Tomoya episode ^^
Jun 14, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Marzan said:
Excellent. Enjoyed this much more than the average Clannad episode. I always felt that Nagisa was a very child-like (in a good way) and that somehow she was always depending on Okazaki. With Tomoyo, it feels like a more adult relationship, a relationship in which Okazaki is challenged more. And there's no of this annoying "mmh, I'm embarrassed to hold hands" crap. You like someone and they like you back, then express it period.

Would have loved to see a longer version of this, in which the rest of the girls participated.

This pretty much. I actually like Nagisa quite a bit, but I like Tomoyo and Kyou so much more. I would have loved for either of them to get half the development that Nagisa did. Their pairings would have so many more fans if that were the case.

Anyways the episode was great minus being so rushed. Like everyone else said, the episode would have benefited if it was a couple of episodes instead of just one. A solid 9/10.

Now for praying/hoping/wishing for Tomoyo afterstory to be animated one day. Probably way too much of a long shot at this point now though.
Jun 20, 2012 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
A lot better than most Clannad episodes. Even if I don't like Tomoyo the best (that goes to Kyou), she's still my second favourite. I think this pairing works a lot better (or well, I might be biased - I just hate Nagisa lol). The problem here was quite well done I thought, when they broke up ... D: I KNEW THAT OTHER GUY WAS FUKUYAMA JUN! I could totally hear him haha XD
LOL Sunohara looks so funny with black hair XD At first I thought it was gonna end all depressing and show how Tomoya's life is all boring and gray (with the suit on the train I thought that was a time skip) but luckily it was just a job interview. At the end when they got back together ... well, that's a lot more emotion than I mustered up for Clannad :P Supporting each other ... Tomoya's putting himself down just like Nagisa huh? :P At the end it was so cute ... Tomoyo bringing him lunch! :3
Overall, I think the animation quality suffered a bit but it was much more enjoyable. Kind of made up for Tomoyo's shortened arc, I guess? I think this would have been better if it were a bit longer, but well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose XD 8/10
Jun 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
kinda sad that this ova was better than the other 23 episodes.after story better be good
Jul 14, 2012 3:28 PM

Feb 2011
Wow ... very depressing but good at the same time , btw , it kind of reminded me of 5 Centimeters per Second
Jul 14, 2012 4:07 PM
Dec 2007
Tomoya and Kyou work well as a couple but the route itself is terrible.

Jul 18, 2012 10:42 AM

May 2012
BronzeAge said:
Cilia said:
Saraph said:

same opinion !

Cheers!

I agree that Tomoyo/Tomoya is the best pairing. If you also agree then you might be interested in the VN for "Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life". On July 20, 2012 the first full English patch will be released from Doki and is free-to-use. So if you want to continue the story of Tomoyo/Tomoya without learning Japanese, get this VN along with the patch. Just as a warning, the VN is 18+, so don't say I didn't warn you!

Jul 20, 2012 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
this was just awkward for me. i like Tomoyo as a character, but i don't care much for them together. being a Tomoya x Nagisa fan, this just wasn't right. whenever i hear Tomoyo speak, i hear Sango. :l and Sango should be with Miroku, not Tomoya. lol.
Aug 7, 2012 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
Tomoyo's not my favorite but I'm really glad they made this extra. It was actually better than I expected ^^ I would've preferred it longer though, at least 2-3 episodes long OVA or something would've been perfect :) Either way, the ending was very much to my liking, almost teared up there ^^
9/10 for this. Now to watch the Kyou special ^^
Aug 13, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
What an episode. I can't really explain how I feel after it, but I can say just one thing: Clannad. I can't believe that Tomoya and Tomoyo actually brought together. This ending was so much more mature than any other. Nope. I just can't explain the feel this episode left in me, so I'll just score it 10 and stop there.
Aug 16, 2012 1:20 AM
Jul 2012
Meritas said:
What an episode. I can't really explain how I feel after it, but I can say just one thing: Clannad. I can't believe that Tomoya and Tomoyo actually brought together. This ending was so much more mature than any other. Nope. I just can't explain the feel this episode left in me, so I'll just score it 10 and stop there.

You should take a look at the manga, Tomoyo After. It made me cry like a little bitch.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Clannad Visual Novel - Tomoyo After ~ It's a wonderful Life

SHUVO - Jul 16, 2014

3 by os172 »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:26 AM

» is it in a different world

veeny9 - Jul 8, 2021

9 by chiisanatenohira »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:49 PM

» Youhei Sunohara's spinoff with Tomoyo sakagami

mr_lucifer19_ - Feb 18, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 AM

» Dreams Do Come True

Faust721 - Mar 31, 2008

27 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM

» Clannad Tomoyo Edition OVA - Trailer ( 1 2 )

Nozila - Jun 6, 2008

92 by jazmin_s »»
Sep 18, 2008 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.