Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ya, first half felt fillerish to me. Well, I'm glad that Kuroko got some screen time as she was missing some from the previous episodes. Ohi Saten. Yup, I see her sniffing around. Such a funny girl imo. Otherwise, too much filler in this episode imo. Uh, nice clover I guess:
May 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
While Misaka is secretly moving, the rest of the group are doing things their way with Kuroko feeling lonely. Then helping a little girl out with giving her friend who's going away good luck.

More level 5s next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
HELL YES.

I see a cool chick next episode along with her group:

ITEM. Can't wait.
May 24, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
The episode haden't even ended yet.

A lot of shitty filler, but atleast we had some terrorism after the ED.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 24, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2007
Well yeah. I guess it was kinda fillerish episode but still i loved it. <-- Kuroko fanboy

Anyways starting next episode the serie will turn epic. If i remember good from the manga at least. It's been a loooooot of time since i read it but yeah. Can't wait for the high level esper fights ^^
May 24, 2013 7:58 AM

Dec 2011
yeaaah ITEM is comiiing . can't wait.. Mugino shizuri, Kinuhata, Frenda, and takitsubo

May 24, 2013 8:00 AM
Mar 2013
evilcyber said:
yeaaah ITEM is comiiing . can't wait.. Mugino shizuri, Kinuhata, Frenda, and takitsubo

Have not watched it yet... am waiting but am happy about this. Nice picture. Can't wait to finally see ITEM.

and
Stark700 said:
HELL YES.

I see a cool chick next episode along with her group:

ITEM. Can't wait.

Yes thank you for this!
dnivMay 24, 2013 8:04 AM
May 24, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2009
Yes, thank you JC Staff. That was the perfect way to build on the mood established in the last two episodes, by having characters talk about food for half an episode and tell us the extremely crazy plot twist of Kuroko caring about Misaka.

Wonderful. Amazing.

...I'm trying to deny that I watched an entire episode just for the PV.

2/5. It isn't 1/5 simply because Frenda was in the PV.
AmarrezMay 24, 2013 9:02 AM
May 24, 2013 8:51 AM
May 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

That was a half baked joke.

Anyways, the PV is promising.

AmarrezMay 24, 2013 9:25 AM
May 24, 2013 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

I liked it and good for me that I posted it.Yeas I am quite slow.

Anyway I hoped that ITEM would make an appearance in the end but nooo :(
ssjokgMay 24, 2013 3:53 PM
May 24, 2013 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
Not much happened in this episode. It looks like Misaka has found the location of various facilities included in the clone project. However, to destroy them, she needs to get past their body guards that we will encounter in the next episode.

Back to Kurono and the gangs, they are showing concern for Misaka and obviously will find out about her secret and offer help. In the mean time, they get some side stories and character development. Some people may forget that Railgun is not only about Misaka. Liking the series requires us to care about other characters too.

That said, not much love for Kurono from me. Her stalking is sometimes over the line. Touma encounter is still several episodes away :(
May 24, 2013 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

Too bad. I am going to be referring to her as Fre|nda on this forum forever. :P

I take it the episode was all filler until the end when I am assuming that Mikoto starts attacking the research facilities.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 24, 2013 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

I liked it and good for me that I posted it.

Anyway I hoped that ITEM would make an appearance in the end but nooo :(
CreationBreaker said:
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

Too bad. I am going to be referring to her as Fre|nda on this forum forever. :P

I take it the episode was all filler until the end when I am assuming that Mikoto starts attacking the research facilities.

May 24, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
Amarrez said:

Half-baked...oh...*facepalms* Clever. Clever Joke.

Oh well, at least we are getting ITEM in the next episode. That's definitely something to look forward to after an episode of mainly filler.
Ashen_MikoMay 24, 2013 10:25 AM

May 24, 2013 9:38 AM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
Amarrez said:

Oh well, at least we are getting ITEM in the next episode. That's definitely something to look forward to after an episode of mainly filler.

Agreed. But filler doesn't have to be bad... just saying...
May 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
dniv said:
CreationBreaker said:
Amarrez said:

This one was.

Boring, out of place, ruined the mood set by the last two. I just hope that the next episode is worth it.
May 24, 2013 9:40 AM

Mar 2012
dniv said:

I know. Filler does not necessarily mean bad. I'm just going to wait to see the subs for the episode before I make any judgements.

But, like Amarrez said, this one seems like it ruined the mood of the series which the previous two episodes brilliantly set up.

May 24, 2013 9:41 AM

Apr 2008
Ugh, fillers....
ERMAGERD! ITEM! :D
May 24, 2013 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
dniv said:
ThangLong said:
Not much happened in this episode. It looks like Misaka has found the location of various facilities included in the clone project. However, to destroy them, she needs to get past their body guards that we will encounter in the next episode.

From the toaru wiki summary... I'm pretty sure Mikoto already has been doing what you just said... Kuroko was out on patrol and heard about mysterious fires (this episode)... so... not entirely true... anyway, next episode she's just finally going to encounter the body guards (ITEM)... from the PV.

Well, that's a little nit-picking ;) since the body guards do not entirely comprise of ITEM and my statement does not mean that Misaka haven't destroyed some of them already
May 24, 2013 10:13 AM
Mar 2013
I retracted my previous posts because I had no clue what I was talking about. This episode was a 5/5... For anyone who says filler is stupid... they obviously are missing the point.

I loved the atmosphere. It was extremely good, even better than what I had hoped for. The strained relationship is portrayed to an extremely good level. I really like this alternate feel to A certain magical Index. Even though both can be emotionally heavy, this feels emotionally heavy in another very satisfying deep way that I really enjoy.

Furthermore, the episode without subs is up if you guys haven't yet guessed.

I think the new music OSTs were really good. Considering this episode was an anime original, it really was really really well crafted. I actually now really like Shirai as a character because I have finally seen a side of her that I haven't seen before. Earlier my comments just trampled over the excellent episode before I even saw it because people said it was filler... This was definitely not filler. It was emotional development: just want to clarify.

Next, I liked the scenes with Mikoto. Her expression, the evil smile at the very end was soooooo good. Railgun S has exceeded my expectations. It definitely is making a better version of the manga... I don't know why you guys think that this isn't nice, it's brand new, really well done content that's pretty heavy emotionally...

Anyway, to continue. When I saw the preview: I was like... OMG... OMG... OMG... Episode 8 is actually going to be better than everything we've seen yet. I can't wait. This episode really did something nice that never really was expanded upon in the manga.

A nice thing about anime is that if you have a long season, for people watching/buying anime, they usually buy almost all of it at once, so you can put in slower episodes to develop characters and show these emotions. In manga, you need to wow fans with every chapter, which is why it is kind of hard to put something like this in there. So I really applaud what J.C. staff did, seriously.

I really enjoyed the episode and sincerely give it a 5/5. It had a very refreshing feel and it reminds me why even though Railgun is considered a sidestory technically it many times has a completely different feel from the main series that is actually really nice. I find this funny that I'm saying this after just having finished reading the extremely crazy Index NT volume 7 that just came out... but.. this was a really high quality job that I loved.

Also, Thanglong, I'm sorry. I just read your post slightly wrong and I had not yet seen the episode. I very much agree with what you were trying to say. My Apologies :D
dnivMay 24, 2013 10:38 AM
May 24, 2013 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
dniv said:

Also, Thanglong, I'm sorry. I just read your post slightly wrong and I had not yet seen the episode. I very much agree with what you were trying to say. My Apologies :D

Nah, there is no need to apologize :) we are not always seeing the same as others even though we all watched the same show. That's why discussion thread exists :D

Your love for Railgun series is admirable. Although I do not like it as much, it is one of the shows I update regularly this season. I agree that JC Staff is making a good adaptation. They've redeemed themselves a bit after Index.
May 24, 2013 10:41 AM
Mar 2013
ThangLong said:
dniv said:

Nah, there is no need to apologize :) we are not always seeing the same as others even though we all watched the same show. That's why discussion thread exists :D

Your love for Railgun series is admirable. Although I do not like it as much, it is one of the shows I update regularly this season. I agree that JC Staff is making a good adaptation. They've redeemed themselves a bit after Index.

In the end though, I'm still sure I'll enjoy this episode even more when I see it with subtitles when I can completely understand it :)
May 24, 2013 10:42 AM

Feb 2009
Filler. What can you do. They gotta give Saten and the others some screentime as they're obviously needed >_>. Could have been worse but it's okay I guess.
At least the preview looks great. It's Fre|nda! Yeah, I want to join in the in-joke as well :P

Oh and we already have the seiyuus for ITEM. Saw it on /a/ earlier.
Fre|nda will be voiced by Uchida Maaya.
Kinuhata will be voiced by Akasaki Chinatsu.
Takitsubou will be voiced by Suzaki Aya.
Mugino will be voiced by Koshimizu Ami, same as the one in the PSP game.
Good choices overall and glad they kepy Koshimizu for Mugino. Should be good.
May 24, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
Filler. What can you do. They gotta give Saten and the others some screentime as they're obviously needed >_>. Could have been worse but it's okay I guess.
At least the preview looks great. It's Fre|nda! Yeah, I want to join in the in-joke as well :P

Oh and we already have the seiyuus for ITEM. Saw it on /a/ earlier.
Fre|nda will be voiced by Uchida Maaya.
Kinuhata will be voiced by Akasaki Chinatsu.
Takitsubou will be voiced by Suzaki Aya.
Mugino will be voiced by Koshimizu Ami, same as the one in the PSP game.
Good choices overall and glad they kepy Koshimizu for Mugino. Should be good.

Just stop it already with Fre | nda lol. JK. I'm loving that nickname too. :)

But... I still disagree about the just okay rating... rewatch the episode with subtitles and then decide for yourself whether it was bad or good :(.
dnivMay 24, 2013 11:09 AM
May 24, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
Oh same VA as Rikka for Frenda from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, nice. Actually, I see two voice actresses from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! for ITEM's members.

I just also listened to Koshimizu Ami's voice for Mugino in the PSP game and seems decent enough.
May 24, 2013 2:14 PM
Mar 2013
For those of you who might care: here are the next few episodes names:
Episode 8: ITEM
Episode 9:

Episode 10:

I am putting the episode names in spoilers just in case.
May 24, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
boring as fuck. finally we get to something new.
May 24, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2010
Bring it on ITEM!!! YES! Can't wait >_<
May 24, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
Is it just me or did the animation feel really poor this episode? During the first half, the characters felt really poorly drawn and Kuroko was extremely rigidy. Maybe it's just me.
May 24, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:

More level 5s next ep.

SO EXCITED

A nice episode full of Kuroko, so I'm hapy
May 24, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
soft spoken Kuroko >3

excited for next week knew they would call for some help after all those labs were blown up
Misaka is already worn out and she has to fight level 5s?! D:
May 24, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2013
2/5 weak sauce. Definitely looking foward to the next ep tho
May 24, 2013 7:20 PM
Aug 2010
Hell yeah, ITEM at last, this will turn epic.
May 24, 2013 7:28 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This episode may have been mostly filler, but it was good filler. I especially liked the focus on Kuroko. It was far more respectful to her characterization than the anime has been to her in the past (especially the first season *shudder*).

Now for seven days to pass. I can hardly wait for a certain group of characters to show up. :3
May 24, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
I almost fell asleep.God, how i hate fillers (at least most of them).
2/5 and can't wait to see next episode.Looks like new characters show up :D
May 24, 2013 7:42 PM

Dec 2011
ssjokg said:
Hey look it's Fre nda!!

Made my day.

Anyway, terrible terrible ep. Really hope they don't have more of these filler eps later on.
May 24, 2013 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
Ok. Whoever said this filler would suck was sorely mistaken. It was a nice and heartwarming to see more of how Kuroko is dealing with Mikoto's actions. At the same time, we had decent characterization of Kuroko as somebody more than just an obsessive Mikoto-sexual. While it wasn't the best episode and I am going to be pretty hard to impress until next week after I read NT07, I was genuinely surprised about the filler. It didn't feel out of place or break the mood at all. It was a nice, alleviating transition before the fun stuff.
So, JC Staff: 5/5.

On the next episode: ITEM! WOOT!
dniv said:
For those of you who might care: here are the next few episodes names:
Episode 8: ITEM
Episode 9:

Episode 10:

I am putting the episode names in spoilers just in case.

So, it seems like the adaptation schedule for the next three episodes will be

On another note, about the title for episode 9...JC Staff is being pretty subtle with the WWIII arc spoilers, isn't it. Oh well...more hints that an Index III is definitely happening soon.

May 24, 2013 8:08 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A far more atmospheric and relaxing episode that kind acts as an intermission to all the things that have happened up so far. I liked it, well probably because it was basically a Kuroko episode.

Oh for anyone curious to why people put a space half way in that blonde girl's name, don't research it or you'll spoil yourself big time.
May 24, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2013
This was an okay episode. The preview for the next episode looks good.
May 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
LOL @ Uiharu's expressions to Saten..
Wow the preview looks badass!
May 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
I actually didn't mind the focus on Kuroko, it's good story telling to show how hard this is on her. Little boring, but a good bridge episode I guess. I did think her metaphor with the butterflies was touching.

Shingeki no Facilities!!!
May 24, 2013 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
waha! A ponytail and a cap looks really cute on Misaka!
May 24, 2013 10:20 PM

May 2012
Next ep seems awesome.

ONEESAMA no chikara ni naritai desu no~

AlexTheRiot said:

Shingeki no Facilities!!!

'Shingeki No Kyojin' doesn't mean 'Attack on Titan'
So, no, 'shingeki no facilities' doesn't translate to 'attack on facilities'
ShirubaasouruMay 24, 2013 10:24 PM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 24, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
At least it wasn't a completely filler episode. The next episode will surely make up for this one.

May 24, 2013 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
I know Mikoto is doing something important, but...

She's still (IMO) kind of abusing Kuroko.

She knows that Kuroko would never go against her and she takes advantage of that.

Also, I don't know why they didn't have Kuroko help Mikoto, with her Teleportation abilities I'm sure Mikoto could destroy these labs a lot quicker.
May 24, 2013 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
JustALEX said:
I know Mikoto is doing something important, but...

She's still (IMO) kind of abusing Kuroko.

She knows that Kuroko would never go against her and she takes advantage of that.

Also, I don't know why they didn't have Kuroko help Mikoto, with her Teleportation abilities I'm sure Mikoto could destroy these labs a lot quicker.

Misaka won't endanger her friends, or risk them becoming too involved in AC's underbelly. Not to mention if Misaka can't defend herself against Accelerator, then how can she protect others?

It's something she needs to do alone (at least for now).
May 25, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
Meh episode. Next episode looks good though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 25, 2013 12:06 AM

Feb 2012
I demand more Misaka in short shorts and a ponytail.
May 25, 2013 12:07 AM

Sep 2012
Just a bit fillerish, but we get to see Kuroko's feeling from the side. And Mikoto already begun to physically break down. Some facilities blew up. I'm waiting for Item.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2013

219 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 12, 2013

499 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.