Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 13, 2013 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
He didn't mess his name up in the way you explained/ looking at it

May 13, 2013 3:44 PM
Nov 2009
Gyro name - Jairo
Meleoron old name, Jail - Jairu
May 13, 2013 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
Bigorno said:
kcaco said:
Bigorno said:

And most importantly, what the hell ? JAIRO, the king of NGL is seen in the chair at the end of the episode ??? How is he still alive when MELEORON (who has been proven to be his reincarnation) has already been seen ! That my friends, is a major plothole.

Before you made the plothole accusation, please fact check with the manga first by re-reading perhaps?
Jairo (Gyro) is not Meleoron reincarnated in the manga. Never was, never will be.

Hey,

I read it several times and re-read it just befoe the Arc started in the Anime. When Meleoron introduces himself to Gon he says "I'm Jair.... err, no, Meleoron"

Gyro (ジャイロ, pronouciation is Jairo) = King/Ruler of NGL
Jail (ジェイル, prnouciation is Jeiru) = Meleoron

I'm not sure if you can at least see these Japanese characters, but they're two different names:
ジャイロ (Jairo) =/= ジェイル (Jeiru)

There was no blunders from Togashi's part, never was, it's purely your misunderstanding and mixing up two different characters (either from faulty translation or assume their name was close enough). The pronouciation is pretty similar but it's quite obvious they're not the same character from the story. Because in Gyro's chapter, it's stated clearly that he and Gon did not cross path at all, and might not meet up ever .
May 14, 2013 12:33 AM
Feb 2012
Leaulux said:
How the FUCK are these Ants so strong. This Koala-bear-faggot comes out of no where and starts shooting projectiles at the speed of light and owning everyone.

Suspension of Disbelief.

USE IT.
May 14, 2013 3:12 AM
Apr 2013
Bigorno said:
Hey guys,

Ever considered that perhaps Togashi is adding all this material to be more thorough with the Arc than in the Manga.

If my memory serves me right, Togashi was publishing horrendously drawn chapters and must have rushed through a lot of details.

So maybe the Anime version isn't full of fillers but instead is how the manga should have been if Togashi weren't ill at that period of time.

However, SPOILERS BELOW DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE AN ANIME ONLY VIEWER.

Please edit your message using [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] (without the spaces). (I did it in the quote myself)
May 14, 2013 3:23 AM
Apr 2013
kcaco said:
Because in Gyro's chapter, it's stated clearly that he and Gon did not cross path at all, and might not meet up ever .

May 14, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
ArtemisX said:

Ok... the debate bout what is filler and what isn't aside. My personal opinion i rather enjoy a some what slower pace, for this amazing arc, i mean would you rather it turn it onto something like Magi from A1 studio's. Something stretched out just a little bit gives them time to really tell the full story, even if their is a few extra added scenes. I mean it sure beats the HELL out of having an arc completely condensed and missing many character developments and plot threads. It is the true way anime should be adapted.
Do not compare that atrocious Magi adaptation to this adaptation because the 2011 has been pretty damn great whilst Magi had a shitty one from start to end and had bad pacing and lack of animation(of course since it's A-1)
With what's going on right is completely irrelevant to what you're trying to prove, us mangareaders just want the anime to go back to canon rather than having unnecessary scenes extended.
RX-782May 14, 2013 8:05 PM
May 15, 2013 6:29 AM

Dec 2008
Geezus! Is there any living organism the Ant Queen DIDN'T eat? I'm waiting to see elephants and giraffes in the gene pool.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 15, 2013 5:31 PM
May 2012
Alexx_ said:
us mangareaders just want the anime to go back to canon rather than having unnecessary scenes extended.

Huh? I'm also a manga reader so I'll appreciate it if you don't speak on my behalf. I'm glad they're extending those "unnecessary scenes" because a lot of what happened in NGL was only implied and/or discussed minutely in the middle of the CA arc. Have you wondered HOW they'll going to adapt that all talk part without them boring the watchers? Anime and manga are different mediums and thus, will be different in presentations of events. What works in manga format will not always work in anime format. That is what you have to understand.

MH needed to "unnecessarily extend" NGL because most of the people that were eaten in that place will have semi-important roles to fulfill at the climax of this arc.
May 15, 2013 7:14 PM
Apr 2013
fanimanga said:
Alexx_ said:
us mangareaders just want the anime to go back to canon rather than having unnecessary scenes extended.

Huh? I'm also a manga reader so I'll appreciate it if you don't speak on my behalf. I'm glad they're extending those "unnecessary scenes" because a lot of what happened in NGL was only implied and/or discussed minutely in the middle of the CA arc. Have you wondered HOW they'll going to adapt that all talk part without them boring the watchers? Anime and manga are different mediums and thus, will be different in presentations of events. What works in manga format will not always work in anime format. That is what you have to understand.

MH needed to "unnecessarily extend" NGL because most of the people that were eaten in that place will have semi-important roles to fulfill at the climax of this arc.

Thank you. I seriously dislike the assumption that all us manga readers agree.
May 15, 2013 7:23 PM
May 2013
zoleth said:
fanimanga said:
Alexx_ said:

Totally agree with you. The scenes aren't filler. Quite honestly, I think Togashi's making up for the poorly drawn and rushed chapters by telling the story thoroughly this time.

Example, check the scene where the Koala's holding the uzi gun. He's gazing at it all confused. For us, manga readers, knowing what we know about the character, that is an awesome added detail.

No scene is useless. It´s not like stupid Naruto filler.
May 15, 2013 7:36 PM
Feb 2013
Bigorno said:
zoleth said:
fanimanga said:
Alexx_ said:

Totally agree with you. The scenes aren't filler. Quite honestly, I think Togashi's making up for the poorly drawn and rushed chapters by telling the story thoroughly this time.

Example, check the scene where the Koala's holding the uzi gun. He's gazing at it all confused. For us, manga readers, knowing what we know about the character, that is an awesome added detail.

No scene is useless. It´s not like stupid Naruto filler.

This. Plus the fact that Togashi has stopped the manga not too long after Chimera Ant arc. Going fast through it wouldn't necessarily be a great thing. I rather there be some quality fillers or extra scenes filling in important plot points. Oh, and manga reader here.
May 16, 2013 1:13 AM
Sep 2012
@Bigrono isn't it because he doesn't know what a gun is? o.o I don't see how another meaning would make sense
May 16, 2013 11:26 AM
Feb 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
@Bigrono isn't it because he doesn't know what a gun is? o.o I don't see how another meaning would make sense

I would try to explain...but it would get into spoiler territory.
May 16, 2013 11:29 AM

Oct 2008
Question.

in the remake which ep did they start where the non remake ended?

Hope that makes sense....
May 16, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
DominateOne said:
Question.

in the remake which ep did they start where the non remake ended?

Hope that makes sense....

Episode 76,first episode of the chimera ant arc.
May 16, 2013 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
On one hand the filler slows the pacing down quite a bit and it's frustrating when you
see stuff in the preview and you think "that must be THAT scene" and then you have to wait another week to get to THAT scene because of all the filler.

On the other hand, it's probably some of the better written filler out there.
Better written in the sense that Madhouse is actually paying attention to the
story. Sometimes they do so better than even the audience.

What worries me though is that they may try to expand stuff that shouldn't
be expanded. Some stuff works because it happens in quick succession.

However I do enjoy learning more about the Chimera Ants like crocodile dude.
May 16, 2013 11:39 AM
Sep 2012
I really can't tell which is filler and which isn't actually, and I mean it in a good way.

I'm surprised there can be filler made by a studio that is better than the canon material of other shonen.

But I still want to see these royal guards and I wanna see who dies
May 16, 2013 5:07 PM

Dec 2012
People sure aren't lying when they say HxH is the best shounen, or rather I should say a deconstruction of shounen. I absolutely love how not everything is solved by force, if this was any other manga the phantom troupe members would've all been beaten by the MC's group for example, well, it's time to go read the manga!
May 16, 2013 6:00 PM
Feb 2013
Monde11 said:
People sure aren't lying when they say HxH is the best shounen, or rather I should say a deconstruction of shounen. I absolutely love how not everything is solved by force, if this was any other manga the phantom troupe members would've all been beaten by the MC's group for example, well, it's time to go read the manga!

Then I hope you're not disappointed with this arc, because quite a lot of things are settled by force mixed with some smart planning and strategies this time around. There's more brute force this arc mainly because the Ants despite having the human blood in them are still inhumane and hostile.
May 16, 2013 6:14 PM
Dec 2012
mrsticky005 said:

What worries me though is that they may try to expand stuff that shouldn't
be expanded. Some stuff works because it happens in quick succession.

We'll see soon if this is a problem or not, but one instance of which 'quick succession' works very well in the anime is Curt and his sister's death. They're given a simple 'backstory' and then immediately taken. The scene itself was very blunt - exactly what... I think, we're looking for here.

I have high hopes, and expect it to be very good. Sunday's my favourite day now, HxH and Game of Thrones! Can't be beat :D
May 16, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
Alexx_ said:
you really think that the scenes of the ants just killing and killing are necessary? You really think the ants chasing Gyros men was necessary? Because it was never stated whether Gyros men resisted against the ants.

Wondering if it's "necessary" is the wrong question to ask but the scenes Madhouse added of Gyro's men resisting futily will add to that particular payoff down the line when in the manga it was a minor flashback
HybridMBLMay 17, 2013 8:03 AM
May 17, 2013 6:58 AM
Apr 2013
Alexx_ said:
fanimanga said:
Alexx_ said:

yeah you missed the point I was making comparing Magi and HxH
Anyways, you really think that the scenes of the ants just killing and killing are necessary? You really think the ants chasing Gyros men was necessary? Because it was never stated whether Gyros men resisted against the ants.
Also please elaborate the scenes in the manga you are talking about the whole "all talk" part the only part that I recall that had that was the chapter about Gyro otherwise your post is just strawmen apologist.
And of course this isn't naruto type filler because this is HxH and no one is comparing these fillers to others nor am I saying that they're bad, the ones I found good were Kaitos backstory with Ging and Gon & Killuas discussio, also if anything they're making the longest arc more longer, people are already finding this arc boring hence the other threads made saying it's boring and past episodes discussion.

@whoever the fuck is saying that Togashi is helping the fillers
He's not, he's not the director, screenwriter, or scriptwriter. he's just a mangaka
So stop shoving that speculation down our throats you're starting to sound like zoleth

... wow. Well, apparently I sound like speculation (only time I remember doing so is when I said the anime might be able to pull off Kite and Gon's relationship using time that was originally off-screen in the manga). I never shoved anything down anyone's throat.

Anyway, I only want to comment on your improper use of a straw man argument. A straw man argument is a fallacy, a misrepresentation of the opponent's argument that basically circles around a bush instead of arguing the point.

In this situation, fanimanga was responding to a particular quote by you, and did provide support for the argument. The straw man accusation does not apply in this case, because fanimanga did not misrepresent your position (or anyone else's), but rather supplied information without a reference.

Now, you could say that he misrepresented you by taking the quote out of context - but looking back at the entirety of your posts, nothing in your post provides more context for that quote. Thus, no star man there, either.

You have a habit of calling everyone who disagrees with you on any position an apologist, I notice.

Also, let me know where I "shoved" something down your throat, please. Thanks. :D
zolethMay 17, 2013 7:12 AM
May 17, 2013 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
xieghart said:
Monde11 said:

Then I hope you're not disappointed with this arc, because quite a lot of things are settled by force mixed with some smart planning and strategies this time around. There's more brute force this arc mainly because the Ants despite having the human blood in them are still inhumane and hostile.
It's going to be pretty damn hard for HxH to disappoint me so far, I was kind of expecting this to be kind of like a fighting arc, or more like pest control I'd say since I doubt they would just let the ants run wild after eating so many humans. I don't mind fighting at all though it just seems pretty misplaced in a lot of series when they give a character plot armor and force them to fight to move the plot forward, you say smart planning and strategies so I'm going to assume the power levels are still balanced, nen is pretty good that way since it's a balanced power in general, it was a great idea to use Gyo to defend against other nen attacks
Monde11May 17, 2013 1:45 PM
May 17, 2013 2:56 PM
Oct 2009
Finished with the 99 guys and into the manga guys with unnecessary discussions full of comparisons and spoilers

that's just perfect >_>
May 17, 2013 7:03 PM
Apr 2013
Alexx_ said:
and you completely missed the point as to why I use the term Strawman I did not say his post was strawman rather if he does not provide the argument about the scenes that were just "talk", so I used it correctly.

Yeah, I have been abusing the term apologist lately.

Maybe you should look back on the episode discussions where our discussion went out of hand :DDDD.

You miss the point that Straw man (two words) can only be accused of someone who is responding to a point of view. You accuse him of straw man when he was presenting a point of view, not responding to one, and thus you cannot rightly accuse him of straw man. You did not use it correctly. I do not mean to insult you, but you are wrong to use this term. I am annoyed that I have to even argue the point.

I did look back - and I see where you insulted me, and I responded. I see no shoving of my opinion down anyone's throat
May 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
wasnt the worst filler ive seen
Jun 22, 2013 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
They're teasing us with filler already? Damn.
Zell182Jun 22, 2013 7:34 AM
Jul 2, 2013 5:33 AM

May 2013
Canute said:
I wonder if they'll censor this

ANIME WATCHERS DON'TCLICK ON SPOILER.

Well,they've done this scene better than the manga,imo. Without a single censor! Madhouse is doing a great job with this arc.
Aug 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm, it seems like the Chimera Ants are taking on individualism more and more, but this is sparking inner conflicts which could lead to chaos in the colony. They're able to stand up to guns now, seems like only Nen users will have a chance against them. This reminds me a bit of a certain (and more recent) arc from One Piece.
Aug 10, 2013 6:37 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Wow. so many screentime for these bugs. They must be that important. That hunter eating guy is nice that he commands him to not eat the child.
Ha Killua is good at riding horses.
4/5
Aug 26, 2013 5:01 AM

Jan 2012
nice seing the other ppl from the hunter exam
and i love this chimera ants idea,the designs are cool
Jan 7, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
they're using technology to make sure people won't bring any form of technology in their country...
Mar 2, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2013
LOL, I couldnt take that pink koalabear in a suit seriously ... but it pisses me of, it playing the cool guy and stuff...G/K kill IT!
<3
Mar 20, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2013
Uh... a fucking purple Koala in a suit??? and its supposed to be descended from an ant?? Lol Ridiculous!

So they've gone form normal sized ants to fucking centaurs and shit in the span of a few weeks?? Also, where are they getting these cloths? What do the Chimera other than the queen eat? They seem to reach maturity in a few days at which point they can speak a human language and read books? These creatures are SO over powered.

I'm loosing respect for this show. Its still entertaining, but its lost its cred as a "smart" show IMO. They're asking me to suspend my disbelief WAY too much. Its sad cause the concept of "Chimera ants" has SO much potential, but it seems like it will be wasted.
DaydreamHeroMar 20, 2014 1:09 AM
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 20, 2014 12:29 AM

Jul 2013
^This was mostly a filler episode. Gon & co. entering the NGL & the Koala's introduction were the only canon moments.

Perhaps they learned to knit on their own..? I'm not very sure about that. The manga showed the humans getting stripped naked of their clothes, which were presumably taken... :/

Not much more filler after this episode, though.
Mar 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2014
Thund3r1 said:
Uh... a fucking purple Koala in a suit??? and its supposed to be descended from an ant?? Lol Ridiculous!

So they've gone form normal sized ants to fucking centaurs and shit in the span of a few weeks?? Also, where are they getting these cloths? What do the Chimera other than the queen eat? They seem to reach maturity in a few days at which point they can speak human a language and read books? These creatures are SO over powered.

I'm loosing respect for this show. Its still entertaining, but its lost its cred as a "smart" show IMO. They're asking me to suspend my disbelief WAY too much. Its sad cause the concept of "Chimera ants" has SO much potential, but it seems like it will be wasted.

at least 3 of your favorites have more of these 'riduculous' concepts, absent explanation! Surely this isn't asking much... I think
IMO this is the most creative way to bring in new creatures into a show so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
judals said:
Thund3r1 said:

So they've gone form normal sized ants to fucking centaurs and shit in the span of a few weeks?? Also, where are they getting these cloths? What do the Chimera other than the queen eat? They seem to reach maturity in a few days at which point they can speak human a language and read books? These creatures are SO over powered.

at least 3 of your favorites have more of these 'riduculous' concepts, absent explanation! Surely this isn't asking much... I think

OK, which ones? Samurai Champloo is extremely anachronistic, but that doesn't compare to an anthropomorphic purple Koala thats supposed to be part human and part ant and wears a suit. Come on now! That's pretty high on the ridiculous scale even for anime. I don't have a problem with humans fighting bizarre looking creatures that do funny things and wear funny cloths, but I feel if you're gonna give them some faux evolutionary back story, They aught to evolve at a more reasonable pace.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 20, 2014 1:43 AM

Jan 2014
Thund3r1 said:
judals said:
Thund3r1 said:

OK, which ones? Samurai Champloo is extremely anachronistic, but that doesn't compare to an anthropomorphic purple Koala thats supposed to be part human and part ant and wears a suit. Come on now! That's pretty high on the ridiculous scale even for anime. I don't have a problem with humans fighting bizarre looking creatures that do funny things and wear funny cloths, but I feel if you're gonna give them some faux evolutionary back story, They aught to evolve at a more reasonable pace.

You know which, but no I'm not gonna give you a back story lol
I'm just saying personalizing the koala in a suit because he used to remember some of his older self wearing a suit, and being a koala was the result of the consumed jeans of a poor koala, it's gonna happen as soon as the generation is born, not waiting for a mutation to occur or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2013
@judals

I think you should stop writing stuff like this "at least 3 of your favorites have more of these 'riduculous' concepts"

I mean come on you know exactly where this will lead don't you? If the guy has another point of view so be it... No need for comments like that, you can defend the series perfectly fine without that, I am sure you can.

@Thund3r

It's a completely new species, what rate of evolution would be fine by your standards? So it's far fetched for them to evolve that fast in a matter of weeks? This is anime and fiction... As if "phagogenesis" is a real word. Just enjoy the brilliant writing, don't jump to conclusions from now you haven't seen anything yet.. If you find that ridiculous just roll with it for now, ignore it.... Enjoy :)
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 20, 2014 8:56 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape, you should stop telling me what to write.

I just brought it into discussion because I find it/myself curious, not that I need to explain it to you, but I'll leave it here in case thunder himself was wondering.
Mar 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
soundscape said:
@judals

I think you should stop writing stuff like this "at least 3 of your favorites have more of these 'riduculous' concepts"

I mean come on you know exactly where this will lead don't you? If the guy has another point of view so be it... No need for comments like that, you can defend the series perfectly fine without that, I am sure you can.

@Thund3r

It's a completely new species, what rate of evolution would be fine by your standards? So it's far fetched for them to evolve that fast in a matter of weeks? This is anime and fiction... As if "phagogenesis" is a real word. Just enjoy the brilliant writing, don't jump to conclusions from now you haven't seen anything yet.. If you find that ridiculous just roll with it for now, ignore it.... Enjoy :)

I'm not looking for this show to be super realistic, but I think there is a limit to the level a show can ask you to suspend your disbelief before it just becomes annoying and/or silly. IMO the Chimera ants speed of advancement on top of other things in this show is Really pushing it.

If it at least took a few years to go from the level of first ingested human to the level they are now that would be easier for me to digest.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 20, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
judals said:
soundscape, you should stop telling me what to write.

I just brought it into discussion because I find it/myself curious, not that I need to explain it to you, but I'll leave it here in case thunder himself was wondering.

I really should do that, shouldn't I....... Wonder why I didn't..... Ooops here I start evolving too fast....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 21, 2014 6:22 AM
Oct 2009
oh COME ON.. Gon's group is taking agessssssssssssssssssssss thank God I don't have to wait for the next episode otherwise I would have raged on forever..

ps: I quite like the pink guy in the suit. Reminds me of the little guys from Reborn who were pro xD I wasn't even sure if he was a hunter or an ant xD
Apr 23, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2008
I'm enjoying this but damn does it require an insane amount of suspension of disbelief (or plain ignorance) to enjoy considering the level of realism of past arcs.
Jun 21, 2014 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
OMG this shit was hillarous, cant believe Horiuchi Kenyuu is voicing that thing
Jun 28, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2013
The squad leaders all pretty powerful.
They don't look much like ants anymore.
Way too many different animal genes in them.
Where did they find koalas and tigers and why would the queen eat something as small as a chameleon.
Jun 30, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
Aw, it seems Ponzu has been chickified a bit. Maybe I'm just underestimating the Chimeras? I think I'll end up shipping her and Pokkle.

The resistance is failing, and the government is useless. Boo. I hope Pokkle's group manages to make some difference, though.

'Wonder how Kite's group will react to the Chimeras.
Aug 13, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
Koala dude is so annoying...geez. Ponzu is so likeable, but she needs more screentime cuz srsly.

RediceRyan said:
Where did they find koalas and tigers and why would the queen eat something as small as a chameleon.

I was wondering almost the same thing... Why would she eat spiders?
Oct 1, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2012
Killua rides horses like a boss
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - Apr 27, 2013

265 by oozePOP »»
Today, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Evanjs - Sep 15, 2012

312 by Sanjis_Bride »»
Jun 28, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RX-782 - Apr 20, 2013

290 by oozePOP »»
Jun 28, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

923 by dspr »»
Jun 25, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 147 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

394 by dspr »»
Jun 25, 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.