Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2013 12:04 AM

Feb 2013
Another great episode, I'm really liking this series so far, and that text at the end, whats going on?
[/url]
Apr 12, 2013 12:13 AM

Nov 2012
It was a hilarious episode. I can tell that I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the show.

The Onna Kishi, er, Yusa Emi is a character that I really can't help liking. The Maou, well, while not as unusual as Maou from Maoyuu, he's also an awesome character.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 12, 2013 12:15 AM

May 2012
Harutora said:
I wanna bang Emilia

The show's already in your fav anime list?
You've only watched two episodes, dude.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 12, 2013 12:26 AM

Jan 2011
Damn it, this show is hilarious :)
9/10 in my book for now, can get even better if they put a decent story and the supports dont feel overshadowed.
Great stuff in any case.
Apr 12, 2013 12:35 AM
Feb 2013
oh my god this anime is frickn hilarious!!!! i love that part when they lock emilia out of their apartment and she freaks out, starts going crazy and eventually starts the cry...comedy i tell ya!!!

if you're looking for engilish subs and fast simulcasting, i watch all the latest spring anime on www.animefreak.tv. can't go wrong with that website!! >_<
Apr 12, 2013 12:42 AM
Sep 2012
I thought that this episode was much better than the last one. I didn't laugh at all in the first one, but I found myself laughing in the second episode. I knew that it would happen, but that scene with Emi and Sadao getting into a duel and later getting arrested for having a "lover's quarrel" was really funny. I loved Emi stalking the two of them day after day -- and she's really cute. Chiho's got a rival for Sadao's heart. LOL I think that she's the one who attacked them both.
Apr 12, 2013 1:00 AM

Dec 2012
it's the HERO LOCK THE DOOR!!..ROFL

Apr 12, 2013 1:18 AM

Dec 2010
great show. Definitely liking the creativity of this show. This spring anime season is much better than I thought.

Emi is such a stalker girlfriend :)
Apr 12, 2013 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
Full of hilarious moments. I started laughing pretty much from the start when Emi took out a 100-Yen knife till the end of the episode.
Apr 12, 2013 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
<3 Loved the ep , it was awesome.

"This is a demonic experiment"
*adds honey over cucumber*

ROFL xD
Apr 12, 2013 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
Hey, this is what I have been looking for in this anime. The life living as an ordinary youngsters working temp jobs in a mundane neighborhood in Tokyo !! Remind me so much of the area I used to live when I was in Tokyo!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
Wasn't really expecting anything special when I read the synopsis for the story but this quickly became my 2nd favorite show this season.
Apr 12, 2013 2:41 AM

Sep 2010
This shit is awesome.....

4/5

I was probably drunk when I watched first episode..... It should also deserve a 4/5
Apr 12, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2013
This anime might be one of the best comedy anime this year... ONLY IF they don't fuck everything up with the final 2~3 episode of unnecessarily serious plot.

We all know that many comedy anime directors are obsessed with finishing an anime using rushed plot development and stupidly serious and dark mood.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 12, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
Shirubaasouru said:
Harutora said:
I wanna bang Emilia

The show's already in your fav anime list?
You've only watched two episodes, dude.

>_>
Apr 12, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
-GiaN- said:
it's the HERO LOCK THE DOOR!!..ROFL

I feel bad for her, being lock out and ignored.
Apr 12, 2013 3:04 AM

May 2012
This is one of the most hilarious and entertaining shows I've seen in a while! We got great developments in the overall dilemma of the story, and got a great new character added to the cast. The interaction between the Demon Lord and the Hero is really entertaining to see play out. This show is certainly turning out to be one of thee biggest surprises of the season!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 12, 2013 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
Again, another great episode. I am really liking this series.
Apr 12, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2012
wait why is chiho calling him maou? O:
Apr 12, 2013 4:00 AM

Jan 2013
kevsterr95 said:
wait why is chiho calling him maou? O:

It's his Japanese name, just as yuusha(means champion, hero, brave or whatever) Emilia's Japanese name is Yusa.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 12, 2013 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
What's wrong with the name Sadao lol
Apr 12, 2013 5:09 AM

May 2010
Very enjoyablelike the first one and now it keeps better and better
Apr 12, 2013 5:38 AM

Jul 2012
It's getting better and better.
Apr 12, 2013 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
Liking this one. It manages the balance between hilarity and seriousness.
Apr 12, 2013 6:10 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty meh epiode, perhaps I expected so much more based on the previous one. They rushed them adapting to the human world too much for my liking and Maou isn't very Demon Lord like anymore, at all. When he was still a demon on Ente Isle he was murdering everyone in order to reign over them and now he's serving them hamburgers with a (not even fake) smile? Just a bit too much of a character change if you ask me.

This is already looking like a mediocore romantic comedy with the tsundere female character and the bit clueless yet actually kind male character ._. I expected so much more. Hopefully, when the plot will start, things will turn out ot be better than I'm expecting now.
Apr 12, 2013 6:19 AM

Mar 2012
Kinda awkward seeing poor Yusa helped by Maou lol.. Curious as for whose attack them, traitor from Yusa's side or Maou's side..
Claude_KennyApr 12, 2013 6:31 AM
Keep moving forward
Apr 12, 2013 6:25 AM
Apr 2013
Enjoyed the show so far. Good humour, nice characters and what looks to be a fun story.
Apr 12, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2013
This show will definitely be one of my favourite of this season.
Also, those faces are amazing!
Apr 12, 2013 6:35 AM
Feb 2013
Only at epi 2 and I can see this going into my top 5 list.

I will say one thing that disappoints me. Only living in the human world for a short while and they already seem to grown accustomed to everything. Would of liked them to have kept with the 'lost in translation' thing for a little more.
Apr 12, 2013 6:42 AM
Feb 2013
Animefanx3 said:
They rushed them adapting to the human world too much for my liking

This. How do you get from not grasping another world and then being able to speak the language in the same episode? (and not talking about him speaking to Alsiel because I believe they both talk demon together but is translated into Japanese for viewers to follow more easily).
Apr 12, 2013 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
I'm really liking how this how is progressing.
Apr 12, 2013 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
Quite the funny episode! I'm really excited about how they (especially she) will try to find a way back. Actually I'm hoping that there is none, but we'll see.
Does anybody think that there will be romance for real? Actually I did not think so, but it's somehow implied.
Well, I liked the episode :)
Apr 12, 2013 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoying the show so far. I'm thinking there will be a romance, and its unlikely Maou will even if he returns go back to being a villian. That is IF he and the hero returns..also I'm starting to think the Earthquakes are more than meets the eye...hmm.
Apr 12, 2013 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
This anime is one of my top 5 anime this season! It's entertaining!~
And I can't wait for the next episode! >///<

Apr 12, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 2012
I am starting to love this show, Yuusha is pretty tsundere and Chiho has... well she has her "sizes" I guess :D

With those earthquakes I can't wait what happens next.
Apr 12, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2009
I feel sorry for both side being stranded and all. I wonder how they'll go home.
Apr 12, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr where can I vote White Fox for president of the world?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 12, 2013 9:10 AM
Jun 2008
I wonder what is with the Kansai people joke, are people in that area more peaceful than other prefecture ?.

Watching how normal Japanese people living and working in a comedy Anime was more interesting than I expected.
Apr 12, 2013 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
loved this ep. seeing Yuusha as a call center agent and being a stalker lol!
cant wait for next episode!

Apr 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2011
im liking it so far, might become one of my fav comedies
Apr 12, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
I wonder what is with the Kansai people joke, are people in that area more peaceful than other prefecture ?
I think this is a joke 99.999% of foreigners will not get (and I wonder if the English subbers get it). Basically, McDonalds is nicknamed as "Makudo" in Kansai while in Kanto (which includes Tokyo where Maou and Yuusha now live) it is called "Makku". Since she used "Makudo" as the nickname, Maou put in the tsukkomi that wonder if she is now acting like a Kansai person.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2009
If anything, some entertainment value has been retained for episode 2. Not bad. The dark lord has turned into a full-fledged fast food employee... and the hero(ine) has become a call center agent. Well... at least she's found better living conditions than he has. Gotta wonder who's the mystery assailant. There doesn't seem to be a 3rd faction from their world who'd fight against both demon lord and hero.
Apr 12, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
SayakaMagica said:
There doesn't seem to be a 3rd faction from their world who'd fight against both demon lord and hero.
If anything, I would bet that it is the priest who apparently tricked Yuusha into the gate without following her along. I have a feeling that he is plotting for something that would only work when Maou was defeated and Yuusha is not around. And perhaps he found that it is still possible for Maou and Yuusha to come back, so decide to send someone to get rid of them both lest they come back and mess up his plan. Just my 2 cents.

Apr 12, 2013 9:52 AM
Jun 2008
symbv said:
MorningGlory said:
I wonder what is with the Kansai people joke, are people in that area more peaceful than other prefecture ?
I think this is a joke 99.999% of foreigners will not get (and I wonder if the English subbers get it). Basically, McDonalds is nicknamed as "Makudo" in Kansai while in Kanto (which includes Tokyo where Maou and Yuusha now live) it is called "Makku". Since she used "Makudo" as the nickname, Maou put in the tsukkomi that wonder if she is now acting like a Kansai person.
No wonder people keep on mentioning Makku and Makudo .Didn't know that both prfeacture have different spelling.The only thing I heard was some people saying Kansai was simple and peaceful life.So I thought the Joke came from that part .
Apr 12, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
^ That screencap, is it from nosub (where people can put in comments like in NicoNico Douga) ?

Yeah, for someone to call McDonald as "Makudo" in Tokyo would be like shouting "I am Kansai-jin" there :-)

Not sure if you watched the series Osaka Oban, but some of the most common stereotypical image about how Osaka people behave can be found there and they may not always fit the "simple and peaceful" label :-)

Apr 12, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2011
im both surprised and glad at how entertaining this series has been

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 12, 2013 11:40 AM
Oct 2012
MorningGlory said:
No wonder people keep on mentioning Makku and Makudo .Didn't know that both prfeacture have different spelling.The only thing I heard was some people saying Kansai was simple and peaceful life.So I thought the Joke came from that part .

Pedantic time!

Kansai and Kanto are regions, not prefectures. Kanto includes several prefectures including Chiba, Saitama, and Kagagawa prefectures as well as Tokyo, which is not a prefecture, but a unique political unit called a "To".

In addition to the 43 prefectures (ken), and the one "to", there are two other units called fu, one each for Kyoto and Osaka, and 1 do (Hokkaido). The Kansai region geographically would include both Osaka and Kyoto as well as Nara, parts of Hyogo, and Wakayama prefectures, but for all intents in Japanese TV shows Kansai means Osaka.

As for "Kansai" being a simple and peaceful life, as Symbv pointed out that is a joke. To people in Tokyo, Kansai people are takoyaki eating, pushy old women with dyed hair, flashy (tacky) clothing, and large pieces of jewelry. Kanto views itself as sophisticated in return (Kansai takes pride in the things that Kansai mocks them for).
Apr 12, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2009
This was kinda fun, but pretty dumb... While Hero is undoubtedly cute, those 2 started getting along waaaay to quickly. Even if she is a tsundere and whatnot, a true Overlord would most likely cut her head off in her sleep...
Apr 12, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2007
Great anime. Just watch both episodes, I love it.
Apr 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Oct 2012
Electromaster said:
This was kinda fun, but pretty dumb... While Hero is undoubtedly cute, those 2 started getting along waaaay to quickly. Even if she is a tsundere and whatnot, a true Overlord would most likely cut her head off in her sleep...

Have you ever lived overseas for an extended period of time, particularly where there are a few people who speak the same language as you? If so, then you would know that you become friends with people you would NEVER had been friends with had you met them at home. You don't have the choice. After a while, even with a ton of native friends, you will still want to be able to speak to someone who has the same references that you do, and through necessity you will be forced to befriend people who would never otherwise had entered into your mind as a possible friend.

Both are a long, long way from home, in a completely different universe where only 3 people really understand what they have lost and want to regain. It's little wonder they would gravitate towards one another. If he cut her head off, we would only have Ashiya to talk with for who knows how long. That is something even a demonic Overlord would think twice about :-)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

296 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 18, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

284 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 7, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

622 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 28, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

362 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 27, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

268 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 25, 9:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.