Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Aug 2012
Overall, it was an interesting series.
The first half of this episode was amazing and engaging, but I also was somewhat unsatisfied by the ending, though that almost compliments the struggle for proper justice. It was also nice to see the series come full circle.
It's a shame Yayoi didn't get to do anything particularly noteworthy these last few episodes, though.
Mar 22, 2013 12:45 AM
Mar 2013
Did anyone of you cried when Makishima died? I know I did. It's weird to cry for a villain, but I can't help but give him some sympathy. Especially when I heard his thoughts about being alone in the world. Other than that, he will always be my favorite villain. I love him.

"Everyone is alone." :'(( I wanted to sing "All Alone With You" when he said that. "You'll never walk alone~!"

It's kinda disappointing to see the last part of the episode, the part where it's like a deja vu from the first episode. I wish they end it differently, but the rest is sad but awesome. It's good that nobody else died other than Makishima. I don't want anyone else to die, it's sad enough that Kagari and Mazaoka died.
Mar 22, 2013 12:53 AM

Oct 2012
Well it didn't really satisfied me but it's a pretty decent ending. It's ironic how the last episode was exactly the same as the first episode. A new young inspector and an ex-detective enforcer. I honestly find the ending kinda sad. You can't really change such system just like that. It would take years and more sacrifices to change the current system. So I like how the last episode showed a realistic ending.

I'll be hoping for an OVA or a movie for short sequel.
Mar 22, 2013 12:59 AM

Feb 2008
This show really makes you question just who the bad guy is here, and as a result, there is no clear definition of "bad guy" in this show. I'm really hoping for a 2nd season, it'd be nice to know how the sybil system goes from here.
Mar 22, 2013 1:00 AM

Aug 2008
An open ending that even hints at a second season, not bad. I liked the action sequences, and high animation standards the series had throughout. The characters and plot were also deep and very interesting, as well as ideas explored, presented and exploited.

By the way, that blaster, gun, Dominator thing is really something else. Safety off, and on killing mode or whatever, it acts as a hand nuke cannon capable of disintegrating objects, and killing biological lifeforms in one hit. It's probably one of the coolest sci/fi weapons I have seen, up there with the lightsaber.

Here hoping for a second season...
Mar 22, 2013 1:03 AM

Jan 2009
Shachou said:
j0x said:
tingy said:
Zeally said:
AnniesaurusX said:
Can someone please explain the part when Makishima is pointing the gun at Akane and says "I see...You are.."? What did he mean by that? ._.

i was wondering the same thing.
also what was the signifance of the book he was reading; Swann's Way

I also asked the same question earlier, but no one answered me ;_;

no one knows exactly what Shougo wanted to say to Akane there, im also asking that but it does not matter anyway its a trivial matter since Shougo is dead so thats the end of it lol

Maybe he realized that Akane made a deal with the system?

that is kinda out of place since he is pulling the trigger of a classic gun, your idea will be more considered if Shougo is pulling the trigger of a Dominator gun

i guess he was saying to Akane that " I See... You are... LUCKY!!!" LOL since the gun has empty bullets
Mar 22, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2010
great show from start fo finsih 8/10.
Mar 22, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2010
WOW. The two girls became lesbian? Does everybody already knows that? Didn't even notice it the whole time...

Will Kogami really be the new Makishima? I don't think so but maybe he'll try to destroy the Sibyl system.

I have more to say but anyways 9/10

will edit later when I have the time to do so---
Mar 22, 2013 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
I think the show ended well.

Division 1 struggled against Sibyl, and in the end, even the strongest of them, Akane, recognized the necessity of Sibyl system.

From Masaoka to Kougami and Nobuchika
From Nobuchika and Kougami to Akane
Now... Nobuchika and Akane to Mika

Dystopia continues, and it's up to the new blood of the world to find a way out for the society. No matter how many cycles it may take....

One day, someone will shut down Sibyl system. But it is not now, because human race have not yet found a better way of running it's society. Mankind, or rather, Akane can only hope, and struggle, hanging on til a new system arise.

The show ended well.
This is exactly how it should end.

EDIT: A second season is not needed. As a second season can only promise a revolution.

If there is a second season, it is not Psycho-Pass. It'll most likely turn into some brainless action flick where hero wins out because of "Right of Free Will" or some crap like that..

I don't mind future writers to prove me wrong though.
AirStylesMar 22, 2013 1:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 1:55 AM

Oct 2007
I think it was a good end to the show and it always seemed likely that Makishima would be killed off.
Looks like from the end credit there could be a potential of seeing a second season/OVA or movie maybe..
Overall 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 2:06 AM

Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:
WOW. The two girls became lesbian? Does everybody already knows that? Didn't even notice it the whole time...

It was implied when Akane first met them both. Shion is bisexual btw

An OK series, IMO. I expected too much, I guess.

And I doubt there'll be a sequel :P
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Mar 22, 2013 2:21 AM

Sep 2009
I don't know why many are claiming this show having a joyous ending; the Shibyl system is still dooming the society and nothing changed even with the countless deaths. Yah, most probably Kougami didn't die but at the end of the day, it was all about the vulgar and flawed governing system. Makishima was a sudden rise of rebel and he was put down simply like a diseased dog.

Of course I hate Akane. She is fucked in the most monotonous way possible. I have been wanting to bithc-slap since the time she appeared on the screen in the very 1st episode. She is as bull as Anastasia Steeles from 50 Shades of Grey. (Well duh she was crushing on Kougami)

The only aspect of the show that bothered me was Makishima's character. He has dual ideologies. He sometimes tries to give off a V from Vendetta vibe but at the end of the day, more than anything, he likes playing the pastor in his cult. That's one hell of a weak villain imo.

Oh Nobuchika turned into a hottie! Bad boys are always so delectable ;)

Sequel for the series would be a bit odd right?

Excellent series dou <3
Mar 22, 2013 2:39 AM

Jun 2010
Great ending to a great series 9/10. And so the cycle continues
Mar 22, 2013 3:06 AM

Jun 2008
aw. Makishima is dead!
great episode anyway 5/5. 10/10 for the series.
cant really wait for season 2.

Mar 22, 2013 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
Zeally said:
AnniesaurusX said:
Can someone please explain the part when Makishima is pointing the gun at Akane and says "I see...You are.."? What did he mean by that? ._.

i was wondering the same thing.

I believe Makishima was trying to say "You´re also different" or "you´re like me". I mean, she is criminally asymptomatic like him, her psycho pass is always clear regardless of what she does. Also...thinking by other perspective, Akane´s "good" ends up being a bit similar to Makishima´s "sacrifices have to be made to lead to change". Makishima killed people to defy the sybil system, but Akane let the murderer of Kagari alive, and works with it, a system that will not hesitate to kill someone if that person is "unnecessary" (that is called being an "accomplice"). Also Akane didnt even tell the truth to Ginoza about Kagari, and it broke my heart to hear him speak about Kagari at the end and she just changed subject to Kogami. Even Ginoza that was the voice of rationality, if given the truth would have blew up the system with everything he had. IMO, Akane´s plan is to make subtle changes in her subordinates, so they value people more than other things...but Im not sure that is enough. Welcome Suzaku number two.

Swann´s way is one of Makishima´s type books, it hinted that Makishima and Kougami are very look alike. And that is why only Ko could defeat him. I honestly think Makishima´s ideals were not wrong, but he took them too far, and killing innocent people was not the solution. Still, Urobutcher drew a thin line between "evil" and "good", for none of the two was completely evil or good kinda like the trees in Zetsuen no tempest.

Anyway, I know that Akane thought with rationality, a thing that no one could do, because the first impulse would be to blow up Sybil system. It would be a catastrophe but not for long, and I think it would be worth to take the risk. Sure I love technology and I cannot imagine a world without it, but being ruled like that is not good.
Urobutcher´s message is very clear to me though: Society rules over every individual, and just one individual can not make a big difference. If you´re different from the rules, culture, norms of your society, you will be considered a deviant aka "not normal" because normality is what your society dictates. Placing this in japanese context, it even makes more sense, and I find it really funny that all books that Makishima read were mostly western XD

I do not wish a second season unless it is to see Sybil system exploding into million pieces. Im afraid that if we´re given a sequel, that would put Akane and Ko as enemies, because she would try to protect what Ko wants to destroy.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 22, 2013 3:22 AM
Sep 2012
Great series with an amazing story and great character development, i absolutely love the ending because it seems to come full circle with Akane going from a rookie inspector to being the lead inspector telling the academy girl about enforcers like Ginoza in the first episode and Ginoza becoming more like his father. And finally, it seems like Kogami has turned into hunted and he could be the next makishima like figure that is hell bent to bring down sybil system
Mar 22, 2013 3:23 AM

Aug 2012
Leaving aside my opinion of the show and focusing on this episode, I am curious about something in the opening knife fight scene.

When Makishima had Kougami pinned down, what made him decide to try to slash Kougami's wrist of all places? He had plenty of places he could cut to deal some damage, but he decides to do it close to where Kougami has his only form of protection.

Secondly, how was Kougami able to deflect a slash with the full force of Makishima's just by flipping his knife over? Was it main character protection that allowed him to deflect it?

Whatever it was, Makishima deciding to cut at Kougami's wrist killed him in the long run.
Mar 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2011
Bigbuffoon said:

oh for fucks sakes, no wonder the scoring system here is so fucked up.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 22, 2013 3:33 AM

Aug 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Bigbuffoon said:

Oh but don't you understand that an OK show is an 8, and a below average show is a 7? The numbers below 7 don't exist unless the show is really bad.
Mar 22, 2013 3:37 AM

Jun 2010
Orulyon said:
IMO, Akane´s plan is to make subtle changes in her subordinates, so they value people more than other things...but Im not sure that is enough. Welcome Suzaku number two

Suzaku number two, you're right and you did make me laugh xD

I really loved this anime, I needed something more "clever" but I don't think a second season would be useful. I heard somewhere of a prequel instead, about Kougami becoming an enforcer.

Btw, there's still a thing that I don't get: why did they have to move all those brains around?
Mar 22, 2013 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
sensitivewhat said:
Orulyon said:

Btw, there's still a thing that I don't get: why did they have to move all those brains around?

Because stationary brains are boring.

Feb 2012
why couldnt makishima just kill them all? he is the best character in the show anyways,there is nothing wrong in a tragic ending from time to time(even though I would find an ending like that happy lol)
I will give the show a 7/10.

Jun 2011
Does anyone know what makishima meant when he tried to kill akane but the gun had no bullets left. That's when he said: "I see...you are..." and he just left.
Mar 22, 2013 3:43 AM

Dec 2012

So... the Sibyl system lives on. Moral of the story? Don't thread on the collective of Brains in Jars or you will be 'decomposed' into a lump of flesh!

But seriously, people felt disappointed about the ending because they put too much expectation, as well as their own projection on it. Pyscho-Pass is one of those shows that was too hyped for it own good. With the way it was moving toward conclusion, there was unlikely that the ending would be explosive and the Sibyl system destroyed. Instead, Psycho-Pass showcased a sobering epilogue that fitted perfectly with the grave reality of this Dystopia -- Sibyl is a necessary evil construct that holds the place together. However, as the rumor goes, the mechanical sound heard at the end credit was out of place with the fading music. Therefore, something must have been continuing, like the sound of a grinder at wheat factory. The wheat virus is spreading! So they said. The meeting between Saiga and Sibyl shown at the end also brings hope for the second season. Why did they know each other? I wonder if he is the creator of Sibyl.

Regarding Mikishima's demise, I think it's also fitting as well. He died alone, as it has always been that way in his entire life. Some people may think that he was portrayed out of character (villainous laugh, underhanded method with Masaoka, tormenting Kou...etc.) but it's exactly his true nature. He is a cruel little bastard who's too cocky to look up on other people. Makishima's grief stemmed from his feeling of rejection by society. Thus, his pursuit of Sibyl destruction was less about his interest on freedom for all, but more about his selfish desire to live in a society that embraces him. Makishima's last words to Akane "I wish...you guys would stop insulting us...already" was very telling because it is the evidence of that true mindset. In the end, he ran across the field of wheat, dripping blood like a lost boy as he cursed society one more time. There was no remorse, no apology for all the victims of his crime. The golden rule of any tragic hero is "killing when it's absolute necessity while feeling remorseful about it," Makishima is no 'hero'. I feel pity for this lost soul, but not a grain of admiration. Let's me say it one last time: bye-bye douchebaggery douche, I'm glad that you found peace dying by the hand of your worthy nemesis.

Kougami, as expected did not lose to Makishima the second time. He has proven to psycho-boy that he is an opponent worthy of respect. Kougami is a hunting dog with a keen nose and resolute to his objective; but he is not the same as Makishima. Their similarities end with both being exceptionally strong and intelligent individuals whom hunted by Sibyl. Unlike Makishima, Kougami is not alone, he has people who loved and respected him -- a supporting networks led by Akane, his unspoken love interest. Kougami's origin was from a regular detective with normal Psycho-Pass, then gradually was disenfranchised by the system, not some loner who decided to stay away from society since the beginning. Thus, Kougami does not despise the system as much as Makishima does. And most of all, Kou would never cause deaths and destruction for 'entertainment'. I would say he understood Makishima more than the other way around. "You are the same too, right, Shinya Kogami?" Nope, as if Kou would slit the throat of a young girl for being unworthy human. Makishima was desperate. He was grasping the straw to find a person that is 'the same' as him. Kougami understood the dude's delusion, but he was too focus on the fight to talk back at his enemy. As the result, the focus and resolute character won, the cunning but talkative smug lost.

To be continue, maybe....
ThangLongMar 22, 2013 3:48 AM
Mar 22, 2013 3:49 AM

Aug 2012
Great anime, dunno if I want a second season or not tho.

Sora-Kasugano said:
Does anyone know what makishima meant when he tried to kill akane but the gun had no bullets left. That's when he said: "I see...you are..." and he just left.

She could be the same as him... maybe :P
Mar 22, 2013 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
Liph said:
Sora-Kasugano said:

She could be the same as him... maybe :P

I think he realized that Akane only kept one bullet in the gun xD
Mar 22, 2013 3:54 AM

Jun 2008
Vyniton said:
Iam so funny!

Because Sybil system acts like only one brain and therefore that represented the synapses. Duh.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 22, 2013 4:02 AM
Feb 2013
I have mixed feelings about the ending. In a way, they ended it in a rather realistic and mature way, nothing too fancy, not an 'all good' Hollywoodian style, nor the complete opposite neither. It's been a decent and coherent series, with some episodes being really exceptional. All in all, definitely one of the better seinen of this season (or even the last 2-3 years), together with Shin Sekai Yori.

That said, on a more personal level, I still feel a bit frustrated by a sort of...anticlimax we got. Maybe it's just because I expected to much of it, something like a 'bossfight' in the end, or something drastic, like the Sybil system finally getting it's ass kicked (or at least having to sweat it out). Or even one of the main character (like akane) dying in the end. I dunno. Something really surprising and special. And while it remained realistic, in some respect it also made the ending rather trivial and mundane.

We see Makishima, the main antagonist, go in a rather meek way, simply shot without putting up any fight. In fact, even with all his earlier talk about changing the system and being a psychopathic revolutionary and what not, and all his intelligent plans to make society crumble...he turns out to be a two-time loser, getting shot at a cornfield. His first plan to expose the truth about the Sybil System failed (btw; when he had that talk on the airship with the cyberwoman/guy, he was shown the vid-recording of it...so why the heck didn't he take it with him and exposed it through the Net or some other means??) and now his other master plan to destroy the food-chain was a complete waste of time too. For fucks' sake, I had expected a bit more result of/from the guy. With all his intellectual air and judging others inferior, he didn't do too well neither, in the end.

And the Sybil system didn't brake a sweat. Never was in any bind. And when Akane says 'the people are smarter than you think, they will not put up with this" it sounds wholly unconvincing. I mean: SHE herself abides by the system, and she accepts it, and puts up with it. So what is she saying: that she's more stupid than the masses around her? That the hoi palloi will rise and disobey or destroy the Sybil system, when she doesn't? Makes little sense. She is, in effect, contradicting herself her own stance.

Yes, there are some things that irked me.

Which is not to say it wasn't a great show. It's just...for me, most anime really end unsatisfactory, I've noted. Do I simply expect too much(?). It's like there is all this huge building up with many anime, but in the end, it never actually delivers (in full). I've only known 1-2 anime who actually ended in a satisfactory way.

Could be I'm just difficult. :-)

But make no mistake: I still think this anime was a pearl. It's much, much better than 90% out there. It's a pity it stopped, and I hope sale-numbers will get high enough to warrant an equally decent second season, where some critical balance is disturbed in the end, be it the sybil system or one of the main characters.
AnimageNebyMar 22, 2013 7:40 AM
Mar 22, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
Lol, didn't notice this until someone said it but:

In case anyone missed this, the new inspector (Shimotsuki) was the girl whose best friend (Kawarazaki) was killed by Rikako. - Reddit

Mar 22, 2013 4:25 AM

Oct 2012
Another cute Inspector to take the job?

If there is an S2 i'd like to see this!
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 22, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2010
Vyniton said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Bigbuffoon said:

Oh but don't you understand that an OK show is an 8, and a below average show is a 7? The numbers below 7 don't exist unless the show is really bad.

7 is "Good" and 6 is "Fine". 8 is "Very Good".

OK is generic approval btw, so it ranges from 7 (Good) to 10 (Masterpiece). Just saying.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Mar 22, 2013 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
In the end Akane's still a puppet though i like her progression threw out the show and that was one of the highlights of the show to me. Fight was ok I guess but nothing i will remember thinking "man that was awesome". No, it was pretty forgettable. Could not shed a tear for Shougo. In the end, he murdered innocent people. Nope, sorry. Cool villain but thats where it stops with me. Feel bad for Kagari, no one will likely know how he died and the one person who knows is a puppet. Not a fan of the almost character mirrors at the end either. Sorry. Pretty hilarious seeing Ginoza end up being an enforcer in the end considering the earlier episodes. Overall, i liked this series a lot even tho im not all that thrilled with the last episode. The characters, the setting, and plot were pretty good for the most part. 8/10
Mar 22, 2013 5:04 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, that was awesome. It was obvious, well to me anyway, that it wouldn't end with Sybil being overthrown. Shougo's death wasn't that dramatic either but the ending still felt a bit anti-climatic to me because I want more.
I really want to know what Shinya's up to now.
Mar 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
Shion and Yayoi having sex! Hawt lesbo sex <3

Mar 22, 2013 5:22 AM
Jan 2013
It's nice that Makishima is dead, he's brain was too dangerous to be part of the Sibyl System.

Role reversal, Akane is now the inspector and Gino is the enforcer..

Damn, that Yayoi and Shion, why do them lesbians always get the hotties?

Mar 22, 2013 5:24 AM
Nov 2012
AnimageNeby said:
I have mixed feelings about the ending. In a way, they ended it in a rather realistic and mature way, nothing too fancy, not an 'all good' Hollywoodian style, nor the complete opposite neither. It's been a decent and coherent series, with some episodes being really exceptional. All in all, definitely one of the better seinen of this season (or even the last 2-3 years), together with Shin Sekai Yori.

that said, on a more personal level, I still feel a bit frustrating by a sort of...anticlimax. Maybe it's just because I expected to much of it, something like a 'bossfight' in the end, or something drastic, like the Sybil system finally getting it's ass kicked (or at least having to sweat it out). Or even one of the main character (like akane) dying in the end. I dunno. Something really surprising and special. And while it remained realistic, in some respect it also made the ending rather trivial and mundane.

We see Makishima, the main antagonist, go in a rather meek way, simply shot without putting up any fight. In fact, even with all his earlier talk about changing the system and being a psychopathic revolutionary and what not, and all his intelligent plans to make society crumble...he turns out to be a two-time loser, getting shot at a cornfield. His first plan to expose the truth about the Sybil System failed (btw; when he had that talk on the airship with the cyberwoman/guy, he was shown the vid-recording of it...so why the heck didn't he take it with him and exposed it through the Net or some other means??) and now his other master plan to destroy the food-chain was a complete waste of time too. For fucks' sake, I had expected a bit more result of/from the guy. With all his intellectual air and judging others inferior, he didn't do too well neither, in the end.

And the Sybil system didn't brake a sweat. Never was in any bind. And when Akane says 'the people are smarter than you think, they will not put up with this" it sounds wholly unconvincing. I mean: SHE herself abides by the system, and she accepts it. So what is she saying: that she's mùore stupid than the masses around her? That the hoi palloi will rise and disobey or destroy the Sybil system, when she doesn't? Makes little sense. She is, in effect, contradicting herself her own stance.

Yes, there are some things that irked me.

Which is not to say it wasn't a great show. It's just...for me, most anime really end unsatisfactory, I've noted. Do I simply expect too much. It's like there is all this huge building up, but in the end, it never actually delivers in full. I've only known 1-2 anime who actually ended in a satisfactory way.

Could be I'm just difficult. :-)

But make no mistake: I still think this anime was a pearl. It's much, much better than 90% out there.

Yeah, what I love about this ending, is that it isn't much of a conclusion. Personally, I don't see it as an ending at all, and I'm not saying there's going to be a movie or a second season or anything, although if there is I welcome it wholly.

Regarding Makishima, his plan largely counted on him not getting caught. The fact that it ended this way means Kougami won, he outsmarted him. And if Akane hadn't recklessly jumped onto the truck and destroyed its tire, he definitely would have got away, so that's also an extra accomplishment to Akane's character, Kougami isn't the only one who can do field work. Although I definitely agree that he could have done more to secure his success, but at the same time it seems like him to count on his skill and intellect to overcome the situations that confront him. But from the very start of the episode where he says "you never learn" when he has Kougami pinned down, we were shown that the they had already over come him, surpassed him. That's probably why Kougami didn't put up a fight at the hill, he knew he had been defeated. There's definitely a lot more to it than that, but it's barely been a day since the episode aired I doubt everyone will have figure out everything there is to it. But for what it's done, I don't think this episode could have been done better.

As for Akane, this argument probably seems a bit cheap, but right now she's in a position where she is forced to abide by the Sibyl System. What she says, as much as she might not want to abide by the Sibyl System, she knows she has to for the sake of society as it is now. If Sibyl were to disappear over night, the society wouldn't be able to cope with that, I'm sure I don't need to explain why, but it's like if our/your current governing system was suddenly striped of their control overnight, everything would be in chaos. Just like in zombie movies/games, at the start, society is in complete chaos because there is nothing to control it, apart from the fact that there are zombies eating people. If someone were to take charge and work it's way around the situation and organise everything, then maybe society can be reformed and calmed. I might not have explained it very well, but if you watch/read Shingeki no Kyojin (the anime's airing pretty soon, I'd definitely recommend it), which is pretty much set in a world not too different from a zombie apocolypse, it definitely shows what I mean by society taking control of itself and managing its situation, in a way. The point there is that society isn't ready to live without the sibyl system, and Akane knows it. Whether or not it'll happen in her life time, unless they decide to take the more interesting approach and continue the series (because I'm sure they'll do it well), is probably up to us I guess. That's what I like about this ending, it's a win-win whether or not they decide to continue it or not.
Mar 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Jun 2010
Didn't like the ending.
Mar 22, 2013 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
MillaMaxwell said:
Didn't like the ending.

Anti-Climatic uh? :D
Mar 22, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2011
[spoil]the end was totally like akanes entering somehow i saw more feet than people came out of the car but also was a stolen scene from the first ep cause kou was totally one of them going down even so he didnt.[/spoil]
I think Division 1 has to take new Inforcer, because they are in lack of people. Those new Inforcers' face just weren't showed (unneccessary, I think)

And wow, I just like when Shinya called Akane' s name, not "Kanshikan" anymore. But personally, I don't really like how the series ended, I'm greedy, I wanted Shinya to come back with Akane (and wedding, lol)
Mar 22, 2013 5:36 AM
Aug 2012
Ending was terrible. Well I mean the anime was bad but I was pretty sure that they couldn't fuck up the ending. They just let this terrible community live on. The anime pretty much served no point. Beginning point was the same as ending point. Only the "bad guy" who tried to overturn this terrible community was killed.
Mar 22, 2013 5:49 AM
Aug 2012
Rasen-No-Hikari said:
hmm *Sibyl Still Continues* made sure there will be a 2nd season though it must sell good too u know

They could have wrapped this up easily in one season
Mar 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
fheon said:
Ending was terrible. Well I mean the anime was bad but I was pretty sure that they couldn't fuck up the ending. They just let this terrible community live on. The anime pretty much served no point. Beginning point was the same as ending point. Only the "bad guy" who tried to overturn this terrible community was killed.

Just gonna quote myself here. We can take this information as a comforting bit

However, as the rumor goes, the mechanical sound heard at the end credit was out of place with the fading music. Therefore, something must have been continuing, like the sound of a grinder at wheat factory. The wheat virus is spreading! So they said. The meeting between Saiga and Sibyl shown at the end also brings hope for the second season. Why did they know each other? I wonder if he is the creator of Sibyl.
Mar 22, 2013 5:57 AM
May 2012
*See Kougami shots Shogo*

Yeah, Fuck You, Makishima Shogo.

Finally, justice is served.

Baddie007 said:
It's nice that Makishima is dead, he's brain was too dangerous to be part of the Sibyl System.

Role reversal, Akane is now the inspector and Gino is the enforcer..

Damn, that Yayoi and Shion, why do them lesbians always get the hotties?

I knew it! I knew THIS is goin to happen! both Yayoi & Shion were indeed lesbians!
JafriZinMar 22, 2013 6:01 AM
Mar 22, 2013 6:00 AM

Dec 2007
KingDeadKira said:
tysonultima said:
KingDeadKira said:
Zeally said:

It's significant because Ko was reading it. Since when did he read literature? It's probably the creators way of showing us that Shougo rubbed off on Ko.

Uh what no? Kougami has actually been very big on literature before Shougo even came into play. Kougami owns a japanese dub of the book "Heart of Darkness" and was even able to quote oretega during the fight scene in episode 16.

Hmm yeah you're right but the anime never portrayed him as a bookworm, so it was significant to see the show end with him and the book. Normally you would see scenes like this with Shougo.

Nope, I think Ko's a bookworm himself. He and Makishima usually talk with quotes. He won't be able to do that if he doesn't read a lot himself.

Here's the best reasons I found so far about the significance of Ko's reading Swann's way:
Couple of things:

The concept of the world being unchanging but the way you perceive it changing over time (the enforcers, the cyclic nature of the Akane's introduction and the new investigator's introduction at the end)

The concept of looking to the past being unable to change the present (Kogami's focus on Makishima, Ginoza refraining his father)

The concept of idealizing a person and having that person not live up to the ideal (Makishima and Kogami's focus on each other, Kogami maybe shouldn't have killed him)

Also, the fact that Swann's Way is part of a larger body of work that was unfinished.
Mar 22, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2012
Series ended somehow like I imagined.
I was hoping Kougami will stay with Akane D:

and now hoping there will be a 2nd season~ ^^

Episode - 5/5
Series - 10/10
Mar 22, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2009
Standard Urobuchi story(just not as impactful as, say, Fate/Zero and Madoka), standard Urobuchi END. Morality is turned on its head, the system is evil; and the "good guy," Makishima in this instance, fails to accomplish or change anything in the end.

I still hold to the opinion that Makishima was the best part of the show. Fascinating guy.

Litrydow said:

At least we'll get some yuri doujinshis after this episode.

Hopefully! Maybe Urobuchi's true message here is, the system will never change, so don't worry about it and just enjoy the hot lesbian sex.
Mar 22, 2013 6:10 AM

Dec 2008
Not as pleased with the ending as I had hoped to be. Loved that Kogami finally got the opportunity to put a bullet in Makishima, and Ginoza became the thing he seemed to despise the most...an Enforcer. But, I REALLY wanted the Sibyl System to be destroyed. Was SO hoping that Akane would walk into Sibyl's lair and throw a hand grenade. Oh well...8/10 for me.
Mar 22, 2013 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
Mar 22, 2013 6:24 AM
May 2012

My other thoughts:-

I can't believe this is like GITS version of Madoka Magica. I mean what do you guys expect? You thought that The same writer who brought the same way wants to do the biggest cliche ever like 'Everybody dies, bad guys wins. THE END...'

Since there is new show called 'Suisei No gargantia' coming next month, brace yourself folks. I mean I don't want those idiots start jumping into conclusions before we hear the whole story.
JafriZinMar 22, 2013 6:36 AM
Mar 22, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2009
Why the hell is everybody acting here like canon YayoixShion WASN'T THERE AT ALL until ep 22?

They already had sex in ep 2 (or, well, spending time with your BFF without pants is just a new trend in Japan), Shion was teasing Yayoi in a way only lovers would ("She's into more passionate and intense (INTENSE, not VIOLENT) stuff....") and the fact that a zipped-up woman like Yayoi spends her lunch-time rather with Shion alone at her lab than in some dark corner by herself (like, you know, all grim lone-wolf-types would do) pretty much said "Screw sybil, we have each others asses". There was a lot potential in showing more of that relationship and using it even plot-wise, but no, they rather let Makishima smash some more hipster-quotes on us. Some of the many reasons why I'm pretty much disappointed from ep 17 to the end (everything was fine until then...).

Especially Yayoi was ridiculously ignored to a point where it was even clear that she wouldn't die because that WOULD MEAN SHE GETS REAL SCREENTIME. WTF was with her that they hated her so much?

for example:
"I'm gonna grab some food" - was the only sentence the filler-girl said before she disappeared for the entire episode

or:

"Hey Akane, I feel soooo safe with you on my side *setting pseudo-death flag*
"Yeah yeah, I know I'm great and important. Why don't you be a nice girl and stay in this room, like, for 2 episodes, so that you don't accidentally get some screentime?"
"OK!"

I wanna slap Urobutcher really hard for her sake.
CelondorMar 22, 2013 6:40 AM
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.